PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins Kept Smoking

Titty Meat
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

Cornerback prospect Janoris Jenkins was kicked off the Florida Gators’ football team last April after three marijuana-related arrests. Jenkins opted against the NFL supplemental draft, and played his senior season for Terry Bowden at North Alabama.

But Jenkins didn’t turn over a new leaf.

NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports that Jenkins has revealed in pre-draft team interviews that he didn’t stop smoking at the Division II school. While the truthfulness is somewhat honorable, league executives weren’t exactly pleased to hear it.

“This is a multiple offender of the drug policy in college, and it’s not like there were no character concerns at North Alabama,” one AFC personnel executive told Breer. “He had multiple opportunities to get away from it. He didn’t at Florida, and he went to North Alabama and he wasn’t clean there. … It was more of the same.”

Several, if not most, NFL evaluators consider Jenkins the second best on-field cornerback prospect in the 2012 draft, behind only LSU’s Morris Claiborne. But Jenkins may not even be drafted in the first round.

“He gets to North Alabama, and he’s still smoking because he’s got this big-fish, little-pond thing going,” one NFC executive said. “I don’t see him going in the first round, and a lot of teams have him off their board completely.”

An AFC college scout told Breer that he doesn’t believe Jenkins is a bad guy. But he still would want no part of Jenkins in the first round of the draft.

“He’s not a bad person,” said the scout. “He just makes a lot of dumb, dumb mistakes. He just smokes and [has sex], and that’s essentially what it is. … And there’s just awful decision-making associated with that. I don’t think he’s a bad person. But he has a lot of soul-searching to do.

“I wouldn’t touch him in the first round.”

Titty Meat
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Easily the biggest dumbass in the draft. Hope we draft him in the 3rd round.

Rain Man
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
The guy's trying to straighten things up. I hear that he hired Pacman Jones as a life coach.

Bewbies
04-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Funny to call a guy a dumbass and hope you draft him. LMAO

KurtCobain
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking. I could see this guy dropping like lead. For us to swoop up.

RealSNR
04-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Justin Houston basically got caught once with pot and hasn't touched it since becoming a pro. Well, he's been smarter about how he conceals it, anyway. Third round for him.

Jenkins gets caught once with pot. Twice. Three times. Gets kicked off the team as a message. Gets caught again at Northern Alabama.

"He might not get drafted in the first round"

Uhh what?

RealSNR
04-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Also, I really hope we steal this guy in the 3rd round, too. But I also hope that Scott give Brandon Flowers and Eric Berry a call and asks them, "How would you guys like a babysitting job for like... 3 years?"

Dmello12
04-13-2012, 05:26 PM
same with about 80 percent of the other players being drafted this year.

Direckshun
04-13-2012, 06:21 PM
He'll fall out of the first.

Holy balls...

Maybe the second.

whoman69
04-13-2012, 06:37 PM

Not a chance. After Baldwin, Scotti was touch the tainted picks again.

ChiefMojo
04-13-2012, 07:21 PM
If the likes Pac Man Jones still live in the NFL, then someone will draft Jenkins. They will accept his fate due to the fact he is such a tremendous cover corner.

O.city
04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
If the dude falls to the 3rd and is available with out pick, we need to for sure grab the guy. Hell teach him how to conceal in for drug tests and let him play.

Nightfyre
04-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Not a chance. After Baldwin, Scotti was touch the tainted picks again.

Pfft. This is complete speculative bullshit.

jspchief
04-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Ugh. I'm not a fan of continuing to take low character guys. It's nice to get a steal on talent, but there comes a point where its bad for the team.

I remember the Bengals going on a run of drafting low character guys, and it blew up in their face.

Bowser
04-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Ugh. I'm not a fan of continuing to take low character guys. It's nice to get a steal on talent, but there comes a point where its bad for the team.

I remember the Bengals going on a run of drafting low character guys, and it blew up in their face.

The good thing about that is Houston has been squeaky clean since his dumbass moment, that we know of.

If he's there in th esecond, you have got to think hard about taking him. If he's there in the third, you HAVE to take him.

58kcfan89
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Justin Houston basically got caught once with pot and hasn't touched it since becoming a pro. Well, he's been smarter about how he conceals it, anyway. Third round for him.

Jenkins gets caught once with pot. Twice. Three times. Gets kicked off the team as a message. Gets caught again at Northern Alabama.

"He might not get drafted in the first round"

Uhh what?

Except (and I could be wrong) I seem to remember most people thinking Houston was still a first or second round prospect last year. Seems like I remember a lot of people being surprised that he was on the board in the 3rd.

Not that I'm complaining, I love the guy...

Bewbies
04-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Except (and I could be wrong) I seem to remember most people thinking Houston was still a first or second round prospect last year. Seems like I remember a lot of people being surprised that he was on the board in the 3rd.

Not that I'm complaining, I love the guy...

There were a lot, myself included, that hoped we could grab him in the first. Then he tested positive for illegal marijuana...

Bewbies
04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Actual last year we got the two guys I hoped we picked in the first, Baldwin and Houston. I win something...

Wanted Berry too. Maybe this year I'll pull a trifecta and Pioli will like Tannehill enough to draft him.

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2012, 09:04 PM
He also has 4 children with 3 different mothers.

Jenkins is a dumbass. Instead of rolling doobies he should have been wrapping rubbers.

The dude has crazy talent. He shut down both Julio Jones & AJ Green in college.

Saccopoo
04-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Actual last year we got the two guys I hoped we picked in the first, Baldwin and Houston. I win something...

Wanted Berry too. Maybe this year I'll pull a trifecta and Pioli will like Tannehill enough to draft him.

In the fourth...

Saccopoo
04-14-2012, 11:05 PM
He also has 4 children with 3 different mothers.

Jenkins is a dumbass. Instead of rolling doobies he should have been wrapping rubbers.

The dude has crazy talent. He shut down both Julio Jones & AJ Green in college.

Yeah, he is ridiculous. Absolute shut down. He's also an idiot. Not that that is a bad thing for cornerbacks. You just don't want to end up with a Pacman situation. Stupid is one thing. Idiot is completely different.

BossChief
04-14-2012, 11:59 PM
If he slips to our pick in the second round, I'd be all over it.

Imagine our secondary for a second if we drafted Barron and Jenkins with our top two picks.

WOW

Saccopoo
04-15-2012, 12:45 AM
If he slips to our pick in the second round, I'd be all over it.

Imagine our secondary for a second if we drafted Barron and Jenkins with our top two picks.

WOW

You are going to have to explain the Barron thing to me. Prior to this past season, he was a run support guy and that's it. He's had hernia surgery and pec/chest repair surgery along with a misdemeanor "Fuck you coppers" charge.

I see a guy who is a solid safety, but nothing spectactular at the next level (contingent upon his hernia recovery). He's not a top ten-ish level prospect. Not by a long shot.

At least to me, he's the defensive version of Ryan Tannehill - a guy being elevated due to a weak class for the position.

Bump
04-15-2012, 12:48 AM
If the likes Pac Man Jones still live in the NFL, then someone will draft Jenkins. They will accept his fate due to the fact he is such a tremendous cover corner.

I don't know shit about Jenkins but if it's just for weed, that's ok in my book. Yes, he's a dumbass because they test for it yada yada yada. But Pac Man Jones is just a terrible person and goes all thugged out at the club (alcohol) and that's what brought him down. 2 completely different things.

the Talking Can
04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
houston was never thrown off his team, and he dominated in the sec...seems much more likely he is smart enough to moderate his 'behavior' over the life of his career...

this guy is a world class dumbass...and if he's there in the 3rd i take him but not sooner

milkman
04-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Pfft. This is complete speculative bullshit.

Speculative, yes, but I do believe that there's a line of dumbassery somewhere that Pioli has in terms of character, and Jenkins' dumbassery has probably crossed that line.

I would be surprised if this guy isn't copletely off the Chiefs board.

Nightfyre
04-15-2012, 10:47 AM
Speculative, yes, but I do believe that there's a line of dumbassery somewhere that Pioli has in terms of character, and Jenkins' dumbassery has probably crossed that line.

I would be surprised if this guy isn't copletely off the Chiefs board.

I don't think the Chiefs touch Jenkins before the third either. But to assume we will never go after a problem child again because of Jonathon Baldwins incident is completely blowing it out of proportion, imo. Of course, I still think Baldwin will be elite.

milkman
04-15-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't think the Chiefs touch Jenkins before the third either. But to assume we will never go after a problem child again because of Jonathon Baldwins incident is completely blowing it out of proportion, imo. Of course, I still think Baldwin will be elite.

I don't think Baldwin's incident plays into this at all.

This guy is just a complete dumbass, and I just think he strays to far away from the profile of players that Pioli would most like to adhere to.

He'll stretch it a little for talent, but I doubt he stretches it that far.

DeezNutz
04-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, scratch pretty much everything I've said about Jenkins to this point. Apparently, his level of dumbassery knows no bounds.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2012, 07:17 AM
"and a lot of teams have him off their board completely."

I've never once believed a ridiculous statement like that. Sure, you would use your 7th round draft pick on a guy with 1st round talent.

Bump
04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
take him in the 2nd, the risk vs reward is there.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Jeff Chidea sold me on Jenkins this morning, said execs probably don't even care about the weed. The 4 kids thing could be more of a detriment, obviously compared him to Cromartie and how the kids/off the field issues are what led to his exit from SD.

This sounds like the moneyball pick for us though, JC said he was a good guy and he thought he had his issues straightened out. I wonder how much of Houston's behavior improvement was due to him maturing vs. having a high character locker room. I think Jenkins would he fine in KC since we have taken some riskier character guys and it hasn't really blown up (besides Baldwin, but that was a freak occurrence, if he doesn't break his thumb its just a scuffle and no big deal).
Posted via Mobile Device