PDA

View Full Version : News WOW!!! That is ONE BADASS BIRD!

Frankie
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Killer Swan Blamed for Man's Drowning

An angry swan is being blamed for knocking a man out of his kayak in a Chicago pond and then continuing to attack until the man drowned.

Anthony Hensley, 37, used the swans to keep geese away from properties and was in a kayak checking on the animals Sunday morning when one of the swans swam at him, causing him to fall out of his kayak into the water.

The swan reportedly continued to chase Hensley after he fell into the water, and by the time rescuers arrived he had drowned, The Chicago Sun Times reports.

Investigators believe Hensley had traveled too close to the swan or swan's nesting area, prompting the attack. Family and friends are puzzled.

"Maybe he didn't fight back enough when the swan attacked him," said father-in-law George Koutsogiannis. "Maybe he didn't want to hurt the animal. I can't understand how this was possible."

A memorial fund has been established in Hensley's name, who was a married father of two. Donations can be sent to Amy Hensley, c/o Steuerle Funeral Home, 350 S. Ardmore Ave. Villa Park, IL 60181.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/killer-swan-blamed-mans-drowning-120835237--abc-news-topstories.html

RealSNR
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Did it have a friggin' laser beam attached to its head?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM
You actually trying to set up the joke here Frankie?

Bump
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
doesn't even seem possible, wtf. You'd think in a do or die situation, you grab the damn birds neck and bring it down with you and hold it down or something.

Setsuna
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
He was scared to hear and feel the life come out of a living thing, so instead he felt and heard his own life end.

RealSNR
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wcSg6dAZ03w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dartgod
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
You actually trying to set up the joke here Frankie?
I'll bite.

If only the swan had broke apart in mid-air.

KCUnited
Black Swan 2: Electric Cackatoo

mikey23545
Well, it's still better than being attacked by a swimming rabbit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_rabbit_incident

mr. tegu
04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
This is nuts. You would think the bird would retreat with a little resistance.

Radar Chief
04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
This is nuts. You would think the bird would retreat with a little resistance.

I was out driving some country roads in Oklahoma with a girl “looking for the ghost light” and when I drove by this one farmers place with a bunch of geese one of the males dropped his head, spread his wings out and started hissing at my car. They can be mean, they will attack you and I would assume that goes for swans as well.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll bite.

If only the swan had broke apart in mid-air.

7 posts in... sheesh

Donger
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM
The bird was probably suffering from fatigue.

LOCOChief
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
may grandparents had several old swans on their place, and yes those fuckers will attact you in a heartbeat.

Chiefnj2
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Swans can be super aggressive. I've had a run in with one and I ended up smacking it with an oar. It still wouldn't quit, so I had to row out of the area. Even if the swan started it, you look like an idiot hitting a swan with an oar and everyone sympathizes with the pretty white bird.

The guy should have had on a life jacket, especially when boating in the north in April. Water is still cold.

Simplicity
04-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Yolo.

Mr. Plow
04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
But was this a racially motivated attack?

vailpass
04-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Had one of these bastards attack our golf cart once. Pecked and rammed our cart so hard I thought the thing had to break it's own neck. Apparently there were new-hatched baby birds involved. Would like to have shot that fucker.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Sounds like the swan was just standing his ground.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
04-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I was out driving some country roads in Oklahoma with a girl “looking for the ghost light” and when I drove by this one farmers place with a bunch of geese one of the males dropped his head, spread his wings out and started hissing at my car. They can be mean, they will attack you and I would assume that goes for swans as well.
Probably more so for swans. They can be very very aggressive.

Dartgod
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Probably more so for swans. They can be very very aggressive.

They're still mad over the whole "ugly duckling" thing.

beach tribe
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Did it have a friggin' laser beam attached to its head?
Shit, do they need laserbeams?
Look at this bidge

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Railiy7JAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I hate geese and swans. We used to go to a park with ducks and some people would feed the ducks. Eventually some geese or swans would come over and start screaming and puffing their wings out to scare the ducks off. Then they'd basically accost the people for food. I'm sure that's part of the reason why you're not supposed to feed the birds, but I can't stand geese and swans.

mikey23545
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
I hate geese and swans. We used to go to a park with ducks and some people would feed the ducks. Eventually some geese or swans would come over and start screaming and puffing their wings out to scare the ducks off. Then they'd basically accost the people for food. I'm sure that's part of the reason why you're not supposed to feed the birds, but I can't stand geese and swans.

Are you accusing the swans of bullying?

blaise
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Are you accusing the swans of bullying?

Yes, sadly I saw several ducks kill themselves later.

suds79
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Just heard a little tidbit about this story. Guy does not have life insurance and a memorial fund has been setup for the family.

Guy was 37, married with two kids. How do you not have life insurance? It's cheap, it protects your family.

Too bad. Fellas, if you're in a similar family situation, make sure you have it.

KCUnited
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Just heard a little tidbit about this story. Guy does not have life insurance and a memorial fund has been setup for the family.

Guy was 37, married with two kids. How do you not have life insurance? It's cheap, it protects your family.

Too bad. Fellas, if you're in a similar family situation, make sure you have it.

AFLAC

Setsuna
04-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Everyone is going to put on swan hoodies and have,"I'm the Swan" on everything they own. Fucking retards. I'm still pissed about that whole thing.

Ebolapox
04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
AFLAC

ROFL best post of thread.

Bwana
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
"Maybe he didn't fight back enough when the swan attacked him," said father-in-law George Koutsogiannis. "Maybe he didn't want to hurt the animal. I can't understand how this was possible."

Umm, wise move. :doh!:At least the bird is ok, enjoy your dirt nap, Tony.

Paniero
04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
If only there were a type of song someone sings when they're leaving this world...

BIG_DADDY
04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
They're still mad over the whole "ugly duckling" thing.

LMAO

scho63
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe he took a Swan Dive

Okie_Apparition
04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
The adult male is called a cob. He is the only known bird to have a penis

dred
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
If only there were a type of song someone sings when they're leaving this world...
I was going to link Led Zeppelin's "Swan Song" in response this post but my ears started bleeding and I had to stop.

I honestly didn't remember that song being so bad. :fear:

TimeForWasp
04-16-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm sorry about your dad. How did he die? "He was killed by a swan"

baitism
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Was Anthony black? Might help shed some light on this.

ROYC75
04-16-2012, 10:32 PM
This !

Psyko Tek
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Killer Swan Blamed for Man's Drowning

An angry swan is being blamed for knocking a man out of his kayak in a Chicago pond and then continuing to attack until the man drowned.

Anthony Hensley, 37, used the swans to keep geese away from properties and was in a kayak checking on the animals Sunday morning when one of the swans swam at him, causing him to fall out of his kayak into the water.

The swan reportedly continued to chase Hensley after he fell into the water, and by the time rescuers arrived he had drowned, The Chicago Sun Times reports.

Investigators believe Hensley had traveled too close to the swan or swan's nesting area, prompting the attack. Family and friends are puzzled.

A memorial fund has been established in Hensley's name, who was a married father of two. Donations can be sent to Amy Hensley, c/o Steuerle Funeral Home, 350 S. Ardmore Ave. Villa Park, IL 60181.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/killer-swan-blamed-mans-drowning-120835237--abc-news-topstories.html

Da'bears, he just had a heart attack

J Diddy
04-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I heard that all the guy had on him was some skittles. Another needless death cause by the White Swan.