PDA

View Full Version : Would you be pissed if the Chiefs....

kcbubb
04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
The first ten picks go something like this:

1. Colts
Andrew Luck QB
Stanford

2. Skins
Robert Griffin III QB
Baylor

3. Vikes
Matt Kalil OT
USC

4. Browns
Trent Richardson RB
Alabama

5. Bucs
Morris Claiborne CB
LSU

6. Rams
Justin Blackmon WR
Oklahoma St.

7. Jags
Melvin Ingram DE
South Carolina

8. Fins
Ryan Tannehill QB
Texas A&M

9. Panthers
Fletcher Cox DT
Mississippi St.

10. Bills
Riley Reiff OT
Iowa

At this point, the top player on the Chiefs Board is the WR Floyd from ND, but we don't need a WR, especially with the first pick. So, the Chiefs call a few teams to see if any interest in trading up and none exists worthy of the #11. But the Browns are willing to part with their 1st round pick at #22 and conditional mid to late round pick in 2013 for Bowe.

The Chiefs pull the trigger on the trade with the Browns for Bowe and then select WR Floyd. This makes a lot of sense for the Browns because they really help their team with the addition of Richardson at #4 and also get a great WR in Bowe. This should immediately help their offense.

This makes sense for the Chiefs, because the Hunt family is notorious for being cheap and they get out of paying Bowe a big $$$ contract and the 22nd pick can fill various needs that the Chiefs have as well as provide depth along with more trade power next year to move up with an additional mid to late round pick depending on the play of Bowe for the Browns. The addition of Floyd gives the Chiefs two big, fast and young targets for years to come with Floyd and Baldwin.

Several players could be available with the 22nd pick including Mercilus, Konz, Kirkpatrick, but with the ascension of Poe and Cox, Brockers slides to the 22nd pick and the Chiefs run to the podium to select him.

Adding Brockers, also gives the Chiefs the ability to trade Dorsey for middle round pick. An ideal partner would be with the Rams at the 96th pick(top of the 4th round) because they had one of the worst run defenses in the league last year and need immediate help up front.

BryanBusby
04-17-2012, 03:15 PM
yeah because trading away a proven play maker is dumb as fuck, unless you absolutely have to.

kcbubb
04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Players often change after they sign their second contract.

BryanBusby
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Feel free to pull up evidence that players are more inclined to "change" once they sign that second contract. Feel free to define "change" too.

Well fuck, Charles "changed" after signing his extension by landing on the IR so lets deal him away for some bad offer and draft Lamar Miller.

DJ's left nut
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes, I'd be plenty pissed.

Bowe is a big MFer that blocks his ass off. He's a legitimate top 10-15 WR in this league and the NFL isn't going to allow the Hunts to keep playing cheap year in, year out. Bowe does everything this team could ever want him to do and even if you add a deep threat, Bowes still the bull of a possession WR that you'll need to pick up tough first downs in close games and in playoff atmospheres.

If they aren't spending money on Bowe next year, they're throwing it at someone like Dorsey that's going to make next to no impact anyway. The team has to spend to get to the floor next year.

That trade would make the Chiefs demonstrably worse for the next 3-5 seasons, which happen to be the prime years of the best players on this team.

No. A thousand times no. That is an awful, awful idea.

kcbubb
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Feel free to pull up evidence that players are more inclined to "change" once they sign that second contract. Feel free to define "change" too.

Well ****, Charles "changed" after signing his extension by landing on the IR so lets deal him away for some bad offer and draft Lamar Miller.

There are a lot of players that get a lot of money and then get complacent. It happens a lot. They have money and then don't have to work as hard. Or they smoke more weed and get busted and then are suspended for half a season.

Don't forget that Bowe has already been suspended and if caught again, he is probably out half a season.

kcbubb
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Yes, I'd be plenty pissed.

Bowe is a big MFer that blocks his ass off. He's a legitimate top 10-15 WR in this league and the NFL isn't going to allow the Hunts to keep playing cheap year in, year out. Bowe does everything this team could ever want him to do and even if you add a deep threat, Bowes still the bull of a possession WR that you'll need to pick up tough first downs in close games and in playoff atmospheres.

If they aren't spending money on Bowe next year, they're throwing it at someone like Dorsey that's going to make next to no impact anyway. The team has to spend to get to the floor next year.

That trade would make the Chiefs demonstrably worse for the next 3-5 seasons, which happen to be the prime years of the best players on this team.

No. A thousand times no. That is an awful, awful idea.

I'm not sure of it myself. But I do think Floyd is better than you give him credit for. Floyd is bigger than Bowe and probably the best blocking WR in this class.

BryanBusby
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Floyd has a history of doing stupid shit drunk and could get suspended for being dumb and drunk.

The Franchise
04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I would rather trade the #11 pick to the Browns for the #22 and their 3rd round pick than fucking trade Bowe.

And I'm a Notre Dame homer...

RealSNR
04-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Chiefs fans hate "diva" WRs yet they want to trade away Bowe (a player who works his ass off on the field and in practice and does all kinds of fan-related events free of charge) and sign a guy with REAL character issues like Floyd? Not only that, people have already practically written Jon Baldwin off as a giant bust just because he didn't want to be pushed around by a punk ass broke dick fucktard like Thomas Jones.

Terrible idea. I would have traded away Bowe for the chance to directly draft RGIII. But for Michael Floyd and the possibility of a little bit more ammo in acquiring a QB NEXT year?

Re. Tard. Ed.

suds79
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah I'd be pretty pissed.

Floyd doesn't excite me at all. I think he's a compiler.

BossChief
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I have no desire to move Bowe for another highly picked wr.

None.

We have a shitty horse that refuses to run and isn't strong enough to pull a cart and some think the answer is to trade for a lighter cart?

Seriously?

GET A NEW HORSE FFS.

Coogs
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I think it would be a great trade for just their 3rd... #67, and one of their 4ths... #100 or #118. We would lose a bit on the points chart, but those picks would set us up to do a lot of things/maneuvering during the draft to fill out our team.

DTLB58
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Wait a minute, IF the Browns are getting a GREAT WR in Bowe.....The Chiefs trade a proven NFL player for a guy with issues that has yet to play a down in the NFL?

Secondly, If this gets the Hunts out of paying Bowe how is this going to give the Chiefs two young great WR's for years to come? Ya gotta pay them some time and I think it's next season according to the new CBA.

I guess everyone gave up trying to trade Dorsey now it's Bowe's turn.
Start a edition of Fantasy league draft.

buddha
04-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Terrible scenario for the Chiefs.

Anybody with a brain would be pissed about that move.

Chief Roundup
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
That would be so stupid there is no way so it is not even worth going into any further.

saphojunkie
04-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Floyd has a history of doing stupid shit drunk and could get suspended for being dumb and drunk.

The intelligence of this reply perfectly matches your Avatar.

oh gosh oh no he drank beerz in colledge.

veist
04-19-2012, 03:00 AM
The intelligence of this reply perfectly matches your Avatar.

oh gosh oh no he drank beerz in colledge.

He did more than "drank beerz" since he managed to get a DUI and get popped for underage drinking twice in a two year period. I mean he clearly had some issues with doing teh stupids while getting his drink on. While reportedly he's of late pulled his head out of his ass there is the fact that it was at one point planted pretty firmly in there.