PDA

View Full Version : Can/will/what if Claiborne drops to 11?

Dante84
04-19-2012, 06:22 PM
If he does, do you draft him, or trade back?

If you can't trade back, to you take him or someone else?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4hzI2BCNyl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Take him.

Cheap player with a monumental upside.

Dante84
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't see how he gets past Tampa. But if TRich or Blackmon are still there, could be a close call.

Next would be the Jags. Don't know who might tempt them?

xztop12
04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
He plays the ball really well. He almost reminds me of Cromartie in how well he can flip and run with a WR. a lot like a guy we let go recently

Sorter
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
You run that fucking card up to Goodell.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2012, 06:45 PM
a lot like a guy we let go recently
Carr WANTED to go and be a cowboy ... don't act like we didn't make him an offer.

Chief Roundup
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Would truely depend on what the offers you could get for the pick.

deltachief
04-19-2012, 07:20 PM
As stated above, you run to the podium and don't look back.

Nightfyre
04-19-2012, 07:21 PM

I'd bet the Bengals would throw a truckload of picks at Claiborne. But he would never fall to 11, so the point is moot.

BryanBusby
04-19-2012, 07:22 PM

This. I'd be fielding offers first.

If you don't get a monster deal, run that card up.

ChiefsCountry
04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
I'd bet the Bengals would throw a truckload of picks at Claiborne. But he would never fall to 11, so the point is moot.

The Bengals are the most stingiest team in the league with picks. No fucking way they do a trade.

Nightfyre
04-19-2012, 07:27 PM
1) Luck
2) Griffin
3) Blackmon
4) Kalil
5) Richardson
6) Cox
7) Ingram
8) Tannehill
9) Kuechly
10) Reiff

Thats the most likely way I could see him getting to 11. However, EVERY team passed TB would have to love their respective players enough to both pass up trade offers and pass on a truly legit corner prospect.

RealSNR
04-19-2012, 07:40 PM
He's not going to make it to us, and if he does you draft the fuck out of him.

whoman69
04-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Not that it will happen, you don't pass on a stud.

Titty Meat
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I'd still draft Tannehill

BryanBusby
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I'd still draft Tannehill

I was running under the assumption that Tannehill goes before if that situation were to happen. If I had to choose between trade down, Claiborne or Tannehill though, I'd choose Tannehill.

O.city
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
If Claiborne falls, either take him or trade the pick. Someone will be heavily wanting to trade up.

Mecca
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
I'd take him in a second, but there's no way this happens.

O.city
04-19-2012, 08:25 PM
There is the draft guru. Welcome back man.

I'd definitely take the guy in a second. He's a blue chip guy at a spot thats in high demand.

Mecca
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Guys like Morris Claiborne are rare, and his learning disability isn't a huge concern doesn't take a lot of brains to play CB.

O.city
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Same reason I'm taking Janoris Jenkins if he's around in the second.

Mecca
04-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Well that's different, having a learning disability that makes your wonderlic suck and getting kicked out of Florida and being suspended again because you make retarded decisions aren't the same.

O.city
04-19-2012, 08:32 PM
True.

However, I think Jenkins might be the most talented corner in the draft. Hard for me to pass that up.

beach tribe
04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I say take him, and cement the best secondary in football.

the Talking Can
04-20-2012, 06:45 AM
I say take him, and cement the best secondary in football.

ditto

it would be crazy if he dropped

Nightfyre
04-20-2012, 06:51 AM
If Claiborne fell, we could probably cut Routt next year and put the massive cap savings towards someone like Albert.

buddha
04-20-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd take Claiborne in a cold second, however, he won't fall to us.

If the Chiefs could trade up and get him, I'd support that move as long as it's a fair deal. Claiborne is special, and it solidifies the second CB position for years to come. It also gives KC an unfreakinggodly scary secondary.

Claiborne is already a star...a productive known quantity. Tannehill is a hope.

saphojunkie
04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
True.

However, I think Jenkins might be the most talented corner in the draft. Hard for me to pass that up.

Well, think about this...

The only reason why Tampa is absolutely drafting Claiborne is because Aquib Talib is the Janoris Jenkins prototype.

It doesn't matter how talented a guy is if he can't stay on the field due to suspension. I think sometimes as fans, we ignore the most common word used by coaches everywhere.

It isn't "talent."
It isn't "speed."
It isn't "strength."
It isn't "athleticism."

It's "consistency."

You have to be dependable. Be in the same place at the same time...every time. It's how defensive schemes work. It's how front offices can plan free agency and draft. If you aren't dependable, then you aren't anything.

Chiefshrink
04-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Pioli wants to be able to sleep at night. No way he takes Jenkins:D

Chiefshrink
04-21-2012, 04:36 PM
the most talented corner in the draft.

With a 10 cent head.

I get your point but does PacMan ring a bell?:D

I assure you he is already off Pioli's board.

Reaper16
04-21-2012, 04:54 PM
He's the third or fourth best player in this draft, IMO. You make a beeline towards Goodell and knock down whoever is in your way if this scenario happens.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 06:49 AM
I still wouldn't draft him.
I'd take Tannehill or trade back.

YayMike
04-23-2012, 07:10 AM
If he's there, you can DEFINITELY trade back, get an extra pick or two, and still end up with whoever they were originally going to take.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 09:45 AM
If he's there, you can DEFINITELY trade back, get an extra pick or two, and still end up with whoever they were originally going to take.

Agreed.

I expect the Chiefs to trade down at least once in this Draft anyway.
Hopefully it's in Round 2 AFTER they move up to take Tannehill at 7.
We should move down a bit in Round 2 to regain that 3rd Round selection.

YayMike
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Agreed.

I expect the Chiefs to trade down at least once in this Draft anyway.
Hopefully it's in Round 2 AFTER they move up to take Tannehill at 7.
We should move down a bit in Round 2 to regain that 3rd Round selection.

That makes sense, but that is also why it won't happen.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
He's the third or fourth best player in this draft, IMO. You make a beeline towards Goodell and knock down whoever is in your way if this scenario happens.

He's a top 5 player in this draft. If he slides that fall, you pull the trigger.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I still wouldn't draft him.
I'd take Tannehill or trade back.

Is this Tannehill's hot girl friend posting? :LOL:

If so, let me express my true admiration young lady! If not, could you stop sucking on the kid for a brief moment?

You take Claiborne in a cold second if somehow he dropped back to 11. Remember, we are far from "set" at CB right now. Routt is a stop gap at best.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Is this Tannehill's hot girl friend posting? :LOL:

If so, let me express my true admiration young lady! If not, could you stop sucking on the kid for a brief moment?

You take Claiborne in a cold second if somehow he dropped back to 11. Remember, we are far from "set" at CB right now. Routt is a stop gap at best.

A 28 year old stopgap?
Come on dude.

Routt's a very good starting Corner.
Flowers at the other spot.
Arenas at Nickel.

We could maybe use a Corner for depth, but we don't need Clairborne.
Not when we don't have ANYTHING in the cupboard at other spots.
Like QB...

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
We will agree to disagree. I live 45 mins. from Oakland and have seen plenty of his work. There isn't one Raiders fan that I know (even the bright ones) who consider Routt to be a "very good starting" corner. Hopefully the change will do him and the Chiefs good, but I'm officially worried about that side. Flowers is a stud among studs. Arenas is better than fine as the Nickel. Claiborne would be better than Routt by year two.

However, this is all elementary because he will never make it to 11.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
We will agree to disagree. I live 45 mins. from Oakland and have seen plenty of his work. There isn't one Raiders fan that I know (even the bright ones) who consider Routt to be a "very good starting" corner. Hopefully the change will do him and the Chiefs good, but I'm officially worried about that side. Flowers is a stud among studs. Arenas is better than fine as the Nickel. Claiborne would be better than Routt by year two.

However, this is all elementary because he will never make it to 11.

Thank God for small favors.

The kid's a hell of a football player, but we have bigger Draft fish to fry.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Micjones, we'll have this discussion during the season. One of us will be right. :)

Micjones
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Micjones, we'll have this discussion during the season. One of us will be right. :)

You expect Routt to stink up the joint, eh?
I don't think it'll matter either way.
I'll stand by my original post no matter what.

Sometimes you miss. To let Carr Walk, sign Routt AND still draft Clairborne #11 makes no sense to me.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
You expect Routt to stink up the joint, eh?

I hope he doesn't. I want to be wrong on this one. However, nobody will choose to challenge Flowers when they can target Routt. I don't think he will be horrible, but I honestly don't see him being better than average.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I hope he doesn't. I want to be wrong on this one. However, nobody will choose to challenge Flowers when they can target Routt. I don't think he will be horrible, but I honestly don't see him being better than average.

I guess we'll see.

I do think we should draft a Corner if the early rounds go well.
Just don't wanna go there at 11th overall.

Sorter
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
One advantage to drafting Mo is that we could potentially have hi as the 3rd safety in our 2-3-6 package. Having Berry, Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Mo, and Lewis all on the field with Bailey, Houston, Tamba, and either draft pick/Gillberry/Sheffield rushing with DJ spying in the middle is pretty nasty. You'd still be able to bring arenas, DJ or Berry on occasion as well.