4. Cleveland Browns: RB Trent Richardson, Alabama

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

6. St Louis Rams: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

8. Miami Dolphins: QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

9. Carolina Panthers: DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State

10. Buffalo Bills: CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina

11. Kansas City Chiefs: ???

Poll forthcoming, then after a day or so, on to Round 2.

I'll keep doing this throughout the week as (a.) my time allows, and (b.) the time leading up to the draft allows.

HoneyBadger
04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
IB4P

The Franchise
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.thebestfootballblog.com/images/melvin-ingram.jpg

I'm officially on the Melvin Ingram bandwagon. Hop the fuck on.

Rain Man
04-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Is Devon Still slipping? Where's he ranked?

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Another LSU DT?

If he's selected in the 1st rd, it will be the 5th time an LSU DL has been taken in the 1st.

The Chiefs will have 3 of them.

LOL

RealSNR
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm actually ranking Mercilus above Ingram. Only thing holding him back from that top spot is the fact that he only raped faces in his last year, which I don't believe is a problem as long as the coaches and scouts have done a thorough character and coachability check on the guy. I think he's got better size and speed than Ingram.

Of course, it's not like I'll be pissed off if we take Ingram instead. It's just Mercilus is 1a, while Ingram is 1a'. He's not even 1b. That's how close both of those guys are on my wish list.

KCUnited
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I picked Ingram, but I think Brockers will be the pick. I don't think Dorsey is in our future.

mcaj22
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
its so sad to think it will be 3 d-line in the first round in 5 years for us if they pick a Dorsey replacement that high

lol

bevischief
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
So who's mom can play NT?

boogblaster
04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
ILB .....

Deberg_1990
04-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Some random Defensive Lineman from Maine St. That was projected to be a late 1st.

Okie_Apparition
04-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Safety/RB combo

Dante84
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Granted I havent watched a ton of Ingram, but he doesn't impress me too much in this game.

He gets washed out of a lot of plays, looks kind of raw as a rusher (although very fast), and it looked like the tackle was straight up beating him on a lot of plays.

I also watched his highlight reel, and he is super athletic. I'm not sure he's polished enough yet, or consistent enough to warrant our #11 if we stay there.

Again*** haven't done much research on him. But I don't have the chub for him like the one I had for Houston. I would compare my enthusiasm now for him to my enthusiasm for a pre-draft Bailey from last year.

Who is a fucking difference maker in this draft, that we will get?

I WANT TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A GUY AND THEN BE CRUSHED WHEN WE DONT TAKE HIM.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LKPpjctGhBo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Canofbier
04-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I know nothing about him, but why are people getting so stoked about an OLB? Given our current situation at the position, he'd be a rotational player, right?

Gadzooks
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Is Devon Still slipping? Where's he ranked?

Apparently he's slipping. The Chiefs will have no choice but to take the best guard available at #11.

TimeForWasp
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
I think we will trade .

Gadzooks
04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I know nothing about him, but why are people getting so stoked about an OLB? Given our current situation at the position, he'd be a rotational player, right?

You're not only right, you're damned right!

Coogs
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Tannehill is my preferred choice right now, but if the draft does fall this way, and we must pick at #11, I am split on Barron and Brockers. I am intrigued with what both of those could do for our defense. Barron freeing up Berry to make plays could really set our defense up to be something special. And if Brockers becomes Seymour... I could live with that as well. Right now, call it 51% - 49% Barron.

Still nearly a full week to be swayed another direction though if this is the scenario that plays out.

Dante84
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Barron scares me a little bit.

While he does have a nose for the ball, and is always near the action (big plus), he seems kind of timid when tackling. In fact, what came to mind was Cromartie's bitch ass.

On some of these tackles, he uses his arms rather than his body. That shit won't fly in the NFL. He also will engage, and then run around to their back and pull them down. Again, in the NFL, that won't fly; you need to drive through guys and push through them when you are a safety. See Berry, Eric.

I want a hard hitting son of a bitch, not an arm tackler. Especially at 11. Now, if we trade back, It's a different story.

**Keep in mind, I am making snap judgments based on these youtube videos. I could be way off track, and I probably am.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PmCuQt-sryE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
04-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Keeping up with the theme....

I only watched the first half of this Whitney Mercilus video, and turned if off. Blah.

This dude is not strong at all, and gets tossed around like a rag doll.

He has decent technique, but couldn't shed blocks to save his life.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wWfNeKi_hfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84
04-20-2012, 06:56 PM
DeCastro.

Love this guy.... elite Guard. Just an all around badass. All pro.

Smashing dudes like big Will Shields used to. Creates lanes, makes holes, and allows running backs to run free.

It's a shame he's a Guard, as it would be fucking stupid to take him at 11.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1LF1QtW67wE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coogs
04-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Barron scares me a little bit.

While he does have a nose for the ball, and is always near the action (big plus), he seems kind of timid when tackling. In fact, what came to mind was Cromartie's bitch ass.

On some of these tackles, he uses his arms rather than his body. That shit won't fly in the NFL. He also will engage, and then run around to their back and pull them down. Again, in the NFL, that won't fly; you need to drive through guys and push through them when you are a safety. See Berry, Eric.

I want a hard hitting son of a bitch, not an arm tackler. Especially at 11. Now, if we trade back, It's a different story.

**Keep in mind, I am making snap judgments based on these youtube videos. I could be way off track, and I probably am.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PmCuQt-sryE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I kind of see what you are saying off of that video. With no trade down option, and no Tannehill option though, our hands are kind of tied here in this poll.

Dante84
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I kind of see what you are saying off of that video. With no trade down option, and no Tannehill option though, our hands are kind of tied here in this poll.

I just rewatched this.

Mark Barron is a fucking pussy. Every single tackle, save one, the ballcarrier falls forward.

I fully expect to see Barron getting trucked over every Sunday on whatever team he ends up on.

Pray to God that he is not a Chief.

whoman69
04-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Didn't we already do this?

Chiefnj2
04-20-2012, 07:43 PM
The more I watch highlights the more I like Kirkpatrick. When watching Barron, I'm drawn to the corner at the line bumping receivers and preventing them from getting into their patterns.

I'm leaning heavily toward Kirkpatrick and DeCastro.

melbar
04-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Where is Cox in this poll? If we're going d-line, he would be my choice as a penetrating lineman which we don't have.

Brock
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
It's stupid, but I guess the guard, absent being able to move down.

mlyonsd
04-20-2012, 07:59 PM
It's stupid, but I guess the guard, absent being able to move down.yup

DeezNutz
04-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Those are exciting selections.

Coogs
04-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Where is Cox in this poll?

He's playing in Carolina at pick #9.

gonefishin53
04-20-2012, 08:22 PM
With 3 pro bowl pocket passers in the AFC West, I think Pioli/Crennel will want a player who dominates interior OLinemen against quality opponents like Brockers did. He's a growing boy and could carry 330 lbs of lean muscle by training camp. Put him over the center and he will push the pocket.

Crush
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
It has to be Ingram/Mercilus. You can never have too many pass rushers.

04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Those are exciting selections.

pretty much my feeling as well. none seem worthy of a 11 pick.

the Talking Can
04-20-2012, 09:07 PM
jesus i hope we can trade down

AndChiefs
04-20-2012, 09:10 PM
All these choices suck.

Okie_Apparition
04-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Irsay needs to get off twitter & sign Luck already
I want to see what contract Snyder floats out there

the Talking Can
04-20-2012, 09:16 PM
i'd rather have my 3rd choice and an extra 3rd than just my first choice...

that's how little difference i see in any of those guy's value

Thig Lyfe
04-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Trade to the Bills for Tyler Thigpen

Dante84
04-21-2012, 01:02 AM
i'd rather have my 3rd choice and an extra 3rd than just my first choice...

that's how little difference i see in any of those guy's value

Exactly.

I hate to say it, but if we are absolutely STUCK at #11.....

You have to take the sure thing. And the sure thing is DeCastro, a future all-pro.

A god damned Guard. So stupid that early.

The next strongest position group is D-end/Rushing OLB or WR. And the D-ends aren't that special; we can't chance whiffing. And we don't need a WR if we plan on keeping Bowe.

I like Kuechly, others don't and I can see their reasoning.

If we want a lock-solid, surefire pick, it has to be DeCastro, and that's a damned shame, but it is what it is.

If they take another position, better nail it.

Dante84
04-21-2012, 01:07 AM
especially considering our plan to pound the ever living shit out of the ball and never let Cassel throw.

Viper400
04-21-2012, 01:16 AM
KC will trade down.

ILChief
04-21-2012, 01:31 AM
http://www.thebestfootballblog.com/images/melvin-ingram.jpg

I'm officially on the Melvin Ingram bandwagon. Hop the fuck on.

So you want to bench Houston

Tribal Warfare
04-21-2012, 03:09 AM
So you want to bench Houston

with the choices given I'd move him Ingram to ILB

crazycoffey
04-21-2012, 02:32 PM
So who's mom can play NT?

Joey's

lcarus
04-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Big ol NOSE TACKLE. If you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan of big strong nose tackles, and since we need one...let's go for Poe! Nothing like having Powe and Poe as our 2 young NTs.

KC Hawks
04-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I want Mercilus because of his name alone.