PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I like the way Hillis runs.

TimeForWasp
04-21-2012, 05:07 AM
I didn't pay a lot of attention to him when he played for Denver I never pay a lot of attention to the Browns. I was bored and looked at some highlight films. Hillis is going to be such a big upgrade over Jones. He wants and works for every inch.

Easy 6
04-21-2012, 06:23 AM
He runs with great pad level, always leaning forward behind his shoulder pads & helmet, seems like he never meets contact straight up.

As much as we dog Cassel, this is still a better offensive team by far than anything Hillis has played for, i hope he can do something with it.

Get some, Maximus.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-21-2012, 07:19 AM
He's gonna run over those trash defenses in Pile High and the Black Butthole.

Okie_Apparition
04-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Does he replace McClain, Jones or Battle?
I thought it was McClain
Or is it yet to be determined

milkman
04-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Does he replace McClain, Jones or Battle?
I thought it was McClain
Or is it yet to be determined

There isn't any reason he doesn't replace all 3.

He'll be the rotational back with Charles, the short yardage ball carrier and the fullback in a 2 back set.

Okie_Apparition
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
If only he could replace Shaun Freezer Smith too
He won't have to grab nuts, he's already that

ForeverChiefs58
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=ChiefsNow;8557001]I like the way Hillis runs. QUOTE]

It's all science

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aJ78dtWlqGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58
04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Huge upgrade over thomas. Giant.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qHQJRKkbJxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
04-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Nice vid

mcaj22
04-21-2012, 08:24 AM
for every good run there will be a fumble that will make you want to throw your remote at your TV screen

Mr. Laz
04-21-2012, 09:03 AM
as long as he holds onto the ball he should be productive

MagicHef
04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
He runs with great pad level, always leaning forward behind his shoulder pads & helmet, seems like he never meets contact straight up.

As much as we dog Cassel, this is still a better offensive team by far than anything Hillis has played for, i hope he can do something with it.

Get some, Maximus.

Uh, he played for the #2 offense (by yards) in the league in 2008. You think the Chiefs are a better offensive team by far than that?

Okie_Apparition
04-21-2012, 09:15 AM
How much did he play

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2012, 10:15 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F4uRZ1UYKio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Austin Ed
04-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Just wait till he lines up behind our O Line featuring Winston and DeCastro. Just wait till you hear the Arrowhead reaction to some of that shit on the video. It will be AWESOME!

Simplicity
04-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Peyton Hillis is gonna single handedly shove a 4,000 pound truck straight up, who ever doesn't think he is gonna be great, 's ass. Straight up.

The Dawg
04-21-2012, 10:25 AM
That dude is a human wrecking ball. I never paid much attention to him with the Browns- and I kinda thought him being on the cover of Madden was a little over the top. But I'm excited to have him in a Chiefs uniform!

The Franchise
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
for every good run there will be a fumble that will make you want to throw your remote at your TV screen

This.

If he could learn how to hold onto the ball.....he'd be a beast.

Okie_Apparition
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Charles, Battle & McCluster all had big fumbling problems
Jamaal & Jackie got hella better
Dex improved as well

Demonpenz
04-21-2012, 12:09 PM
mclain was a straight up Lou Diamond Phillips for the Ravens, that didn't turn out well.

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 12:13 PM
He has a nice ass

ModSocks
04-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Hopefully he hasn't gone LJ already.

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I'll be pissed if I'm right and Tolbert is the real badass. I wanted him for fear of brokedickery from Hillis.

Aries Walker
04-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I like him, but I also like the fact that we signed him. It tells me we're likely to work on a time-of-possession ground-pounding kind of game, which is just what we need. If nothing else, it's a good way to beat a Manning-led Broncos team, by simply not letting Manning play all that much; it's tough to win when you only have the ball for 20 minutes a game.

I also did notice Hillis in Cleveland, and I'm hoping he does as well as I think he will, and even that he stays for longer than his 1-year contract.

mcaj22
04-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Dex improved as well

the difference is

Charles has 8 fumbles for a CAREER

Hillis had 8 fumbles in ONE SEASON.

it just his style of running, the fumbles come with it. He hits hard and sometimes the ball pops out because of impact.

It's easier for a speedy/shifty guy like Charles to improve on his carry skills and ball security. The fumbles will always come with Hillis.

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Dex improved as wellDex hasn't improved. The stats say he only had like 2 fumbles on the year or whatever, but think about how often he got taken down and the ball just happened to squeeze out of his tiny arms just milliseconds after being on the ground. It means his arms aren't big enough to grasp the ball while simultaneously getting slammed and his from all sides by defenders, AND going splat into the ground. That's a RB's fucking job.

We burned way too many fucking challenges on Dex's shitty 3 yard off tackle runs out of the shotgun. Not worth it.

I have no idea what the next step is for him besides get some longer arms. Does Tamba know any ju-jitsu techniques for holding onto the ball for the entire process of the tackle?

RINGLEADER
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I think the chances of Hillis being an absolute beast out to prove everyone wrong are greater than the chances of him collapsing and becoming a headcase.

My guess is he becomes the PERFECT complement to Charles.

You look at the 2012 Chiefs and you see a young team built to destroy teams with the run. If we could find a couple of defensive linemen we'd have a pretty complete team (outside of Cassel of course).

BossChief
04-21-2012, 01:01 PM
the difference is

Charles has 8 fumbles for a CAREER

Hillis had 8 fumbles in ONE SEASON.

it just his style of running, the fumbles come with it. He hits hard and sometimes the ball pops out because of impact.

It's easier for a speedy/shifty guy like Charles to improve on his carry skills and ball security. The fumbles will always come with Hillis.

Not really.

Look at video of his fumbles, they all happened when he held the ball away from his body and kinda low.

It's all fundamental football in fixing this issue.

If he learns to hold the ball high and tight on every run the problem will disappear.

RINGLEADER
04-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Dex hasn't improved. The stats say he only had like 2 fumbles on the year or whatever, but think about how often he got taken down and the ball just happened to squeeze out of his tiny arms just milliseconds after being on the ground. It means his arms aren't big enough to grasp the ball while simultaneously getting slammed and his from all sides by defenders, AND going splat into the ground. That's a RB's ****ing job.

We burned way too many ****ing challenges on Dex's shitty 3 yard off tackle runs out of the shotgun. Not worth it.

I have no idea what the next step is for him besides get some longer arms. Does Tamba know any ju-jitsu techniques for holding onto the ball for the entire process of the tackle?

Impossible to prove, but I'm going to guess that formation (which resulted in that silly Dex draw up the middle 99% of the time) was part of Haley's attempt to get himself fired. He had to have run that play at least once every possession and didn't even make an attempt to disguise it.

That said, Dex isn't worth the touches he extinguishes with his crappy running.

RINGLEADER
04-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll be pissed if I'm right and Tolbert is the real badass. I wanted him for fear of brokedickery from Hillis.

Yeah, the Chiefs should have ponied up if they are choosing to be a running team and gotten Tolbert. It would have been overkill at the position but he could have played RB or FB.

BossChief
04-21-2012, 01:10 PM
There has to be something wrong with Tolbert that we don't see.

He signed for peanuts.

Titty Meat
04-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Hillis can be damn good i'm not worried about his attitude as much as I am with him fumbling. Jamaal had a bit of a problem with it too towards the end of 2010 and the 2011 preseason. We'll have no chance at winning if we turn the ball over.

Rausch
04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I absolutely love what Hillis can be.

I absolutely hate what Hillis could be...

Mr. Arrowhead
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
How do his guns match up to Thomas Jones'

Rausch
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
How do his guns match up to Thomas Jones'

Jones never got them out the holster and he's been sitting in someone else's chair for 2 years...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f7J6dRkJjOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
04-21-2012, 05:43 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qHQJRKkbJxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He pretty much takes on the entire Rams D at 1:17 & still ends the play on his feet.

Really do love the way he always runs half stooped over, ready to initiate contact at all times, he reminds me a LOT of Alstott in that regard, except he's twice as fast & three times as agile... the perfect changeup to Charles.

Frankie
04-21-2012, 06:03 PM
This guy was on my draft wish list when he finished college. I hated Denver so much for once again drafting someone high on my wish list. They seem to that almost every year.

I would be ecstatic having him if not for the head questions he acquired in Cleveland.

Frankie
04-21-2012, 06:04 PM

And more "threatening."

Frankie
04-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Uh, he played for the #2 offense (by yards) in the league in 2008. You think the Chiefs are a better offensive team by far than that?

Maybe it was #2 because HE was in it. :shrug:

Simplicity
04-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Maybe it was #2 because HE was in it. :shrug:

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/2/6/5dc7e59d-e610-4eaf-bee2-3e0ee7ba55b0.jpeg

Easy 6
04-21-2012, 08:00 PM
And more "threatening."

Its the epic, these feats will Live Forever in Elysian Fields music that sells it.

This mfer better be ready to play, no paycheck charlie bs.

beach tribe
04-21-2012, 11:16 PM
He pretty much takes on the entire Rams D at 1:17 & still ends the play on his feet.

Really do love the way he always runs half stooped over, ready to initiate contact at all times, he reminds me a LOT of Alstott in that regard, except he's twice as fast & three times as agile... the perfect changeup to Charles.

I think you're comparison is spot on, and have thought that for a while although you're selling Alstott short. He wasn't a slow lumbering battering ram. He has amazing balance, and acceleration for a pile driver.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_RSf0c4a2RI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great highlights the A train left behind.
It's easy to forget.
Edit: Wow!! That's football.

Easy 6
04-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Yepper, some of the things Alstott did there were, were... stupendous, even more bullish & rutty than Hillis.

Smashing people & not ducking anything.