PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hudson is working at Center

Coogs
04-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Not a major newsflash. Just telling you all what I saw/heard.

I was watching NBC41 last night with Lance Veeser hosting. He had a little segment on Hudson doing some community work, and then a small interview in which they were showing some clips of the offense working out. It really sounded... and looked... like Hudson is going to be the Center this season.

58-4ever
04-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Obligatory "can he play QB" OR "can he play NT too"

Coogs
04-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Just telling you what the Cheifs news was. Even had his picture up before the interview part, and under the picture it said... "CHIEFS CENTER"...

Just sayin's for the ones who wanted to leave him at Guard, doesn't look good.

Messier
04-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Just telling you what the Cheifs news was. Even had his picture up before the interview part, and under the picture it said... "CHIEFS CENTER"...

Just sayin's for the ones who wanted to leave him at Guard, doesn't look good.

We don't have a center other than Hudson do we? He needs to be our center.

Hammock Parties
04-21-2012, 07:45 AM
The lack of pursuing a FA center pretty much guaranteed it.

Coogs
04-21-2012, 07:47 AM

Let's try this again. They didn't list him as an offensive linemen, and wait until after the draft to assign positions. He is listed and referred to as the Chiefs Center.

Probably means DeCastro is more in play than a Konz.

Messier
04-21-2012, 07:49 AM

Why would we? When we drafted Hudson, I thought it was a given he's our next center.

Messier
04-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Let's try this again. They didn't list him as an offensive linemen, and wait until after the draft to assign positions. He is listed and referred to as the Chiefs Center.

Probably means DeCastro is more in play than a Konz.

I guess I assumed that all along.

Coogs
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Why would we? When we drafted Hudson, I thought it was a given he's our next center.

I think it was. But he played G in college, and filled in quite a bit at G last year and did pretty well. Several posters here were hoping we might leave Hudson at guard and draft a true center next week. I wouldn't hold my breath on that based off of what I saw last night.

milkman
04-21-2012, 07:52 AM

Daryl Harris played some center in college.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2012, 08:44 AM
meh ... doesn't mean much imo.

Hudson will either be the starting or backup center this season so he needs to work there regardless. Since we don't have a starting center right now, Hudson is pretty much the only guy for center during the voluntary workouts.

Coogs
04-21-2012, 08:46 AM
meh ... doesn't mean much imo.

Hudson will either be the starting or backup center this season so he needs to work there regardless. Since we don't have a starting center right now, Hudson is pretty much the only guy for center during the voluntary workouts.

You could be right, but he was just referred to as "The Chiefs Center".

Mr. Laz
04-21-2012, 08:54 AM
You could be right, but he was just referred to as "The Chiefs Center".
yea, no problem ... right now he is our center. I'm just saying that it doesn't mean he will be our center for the regular season.

I imagine it depends on how comfortable they feel about him making the line calls. They may just want to keep him at LG. :shrug:

who the hell knows what they are thinking tbh

Coogs
04-21-2012, 08:58 AM
yea, no problem ... right now he is our center. I'm just saying that it doesn't mean he will be our center for the regular season.

I imagine it depends on how comfortable they feel about him making the line calls. They may just want to keep him at LG. :shrug:

who the hell knows what they are thinking tbh

They just re-aired the segment with Frank Boal. Frank said it "looks like he'll be the starting center when the Chiefs open the season September 9th against the Atlanta Falcons".

Saul Good
04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Winning football is all about drafting players and moving them to a different position. Sincerely, The Chiefs under Carl Peterson.

Messier
04-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Winning football is all about drafting players and moving them to a different position. Sincerely, The Chiefs under Carl Peterson.

Like Brandon Albert at LT, wasn't Hudson projected as a center?

Marcellus
04-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Like Brandon Albert at LT, wasn't Hudson projected as a center?

Yes.

Saul Good
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Unlike Hudson, Albert actually started games in college at LT.

Direckshun
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM

The "drafting him in the 2nd round in 2011" pretty much guaranteed it.

Bowser
04-21-2012, 10:53 AM
This does NOT mean we need to draft DeCastro.

Direckshun
04-21-2012, 10:54 AM
This does NOT mean we need to draft DeCastro.

I think that's exactly what it means.

DECASTRO FOR EVERYBODY!

:BLVD::toast:

Bowser
04-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I think that's exactly what it means.

DECASTRO FOR EVERYBODY!

:BLVD::toast:

You know when you get that pain in one side of your head, and it slowly works its way around to encompass your entire skull, and it feels like a bitch of a sinus headache, only worse?

Yeah, it's happening to me right now.

Direckshun
04-21-2012, 10:58 AM
You know when you get that pain in one side of your head, and it slowly works its way around to encompass your entire skull, and it feels like a bitch of a sinus headache, only worse?

Yeah, it's happening to me right now.

Sounds like cancer.

Bowser
04-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Sounds like cancer.

Frankly I'm suprised I've made it this long after all the migraines this team has given me the last couple/few decades.

Messier
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Unlike Hudson, Albert actually started games in college at LT.

But everyone had Hudson as a center didn't they? The day he was drafted they started calling him a center.

Bowser
04-21-2012, 11:10 AM
But everyone had Hudson as a center didn't they? The day he was drafted they started calling him a center.

That's the way I remember it.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2012, 11:12 AM

Yep. He's even listed on old draft sites as C/OG or C.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262904

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69086&draftyear=2011&genpos=C

Messier
04-21-2012, 11:13 AM
The summery from walter football last year,

Rodney Hudson brings a lot to the table. Right now his skills are perfect for a zone blocking scheme. He spent four years starting in the ACC, including some work at center and tackle. The experience at center could come in handy because he is undersized to stay at guard and could change positions.

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Can he play QB or can he play NT too?

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 12:01 PM

Yeah, it's happening to me right now.Sounds like you need DeCastro. That will make you feel better

Rausch
04-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Suck mah' baows.

Told you.

And he will EXCELL there...

Rausch
04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
The summery from walter football last year,

Rodney Hudson brings a lot to the table. Right now his skills are perfect for a zone blocking scheme. He spent four years starting in the ACC, including some work at center and tackle. The experience at center could come in handy because he is undersized to stay at guard and could change positions.

He overachieved at G for years (winning multiple position and team awards) while being the prototypical size for C.

So they tried it and he fucking mauled people there as well.

He's not an experiment like Albert, playing out of position due to talent, he's finally being put where he should be.

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I just hope people give Hudson a chance. The man is a perfect physical specimen for the position, is incredibly intelligent, and hard-working. If he's not an instant success, I wish people would be patient. It's nearly inevitable that he will be a good center. Might just take some time, that's all.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
This was a given anyway. RL is the LG.

whoman69
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
The possibility is that the Chiefs still draft a center, but nothing is certain in the draft. Its also possible even if they draft a center that he wouldn't be good enough to get the job. In any case, the more people you have able to play center as a backup, the better off your squad is for depth.

ModSocks
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I think we should draft DeCastro just you i can say "You've been De-Castrated!" every time he pancakes someone.

BossChief
04-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Lilja can't play center, so Hudson is our center unless we draft one.

Then he would be a guard and Lilja would make fantastic depth at both guard spots.

All in all, I don't think Lilja needs replaced for 2 years. Maybe 3.

As long as we can get Albert under a long term deal, this line should be plenty good enough to win without another significant investment (first or second round pick) for at least this draft (unless some really good falls to our second rounder)

RealSNR
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Lilja can't play center, so Hudson is our center unless we draft one.

Then he would be a guard and Lilja would make fantastic depth at both guard spots.

All in all, I don't think Lilja needs replaced for 2 years. Maybe 3.

As long as we can get Albert under a long term deal, this line should be plenty good enough to win without another significant investment (first or second round pick) for at least this draft (unless some really good falls to our second rounder)Asamoah only got a 3-year deal back in 2010. Isn't he up for a new contract after this year?

BossChief
04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
He will get tendered next year and extended during next season IMO.

I'm more worried about Albert leaving.

I heard somewhere that he wants to play in NY.

mikey23545
04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Sounds like you need DeCastro. That will make you feel better

You mean DeCastro oil, I presume?

lcarus
04-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Suck mah' baows.

Told you.

And he will EXCELL there...

Hope so. Would be awesome