PDA

View Full Version : News Autistic kid bullied by teacher and teachers aid.

Kerberos
04-25-2012, 11:39 AM
I have no use for pathetic people like this. And she is still teaching...Un****ing believable.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/stuart-chaifetz-secretly-tapes-autistic-son-school-discovers-220500111.html

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tfkscHt96R0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
04-25-2012, 11:45 AM
fuck those who can't afford decent education for their children. If you're kids go to public school, you are a lazy, stupid 99 percenter.

/CP

kepp
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
That's despicable. I would flip out.

NewChief
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Inexcusable. As both a parent of a child with a disability and a teacher, I find this abhorrent. I will say that paraprofessionals who work with special ed. students are often the bottom of the barrel in public education. The good ones are usually only using the position as a stepping stone to secure a better position or are coaches who also receive a stipend for their coaching duties. In less fortunate districts, these hourly employees are whoever they can convince to wipe butts for minimum wage (not that anyone was necessarily wiping butts in this class, but that can be the job description depending on what sort of SpEd position you end up in).

Working successfully with a room full of autistic kids all day and maintaining one's patience is a calling and a gift. I don't think that just paying better would fix it (in fact, if you attach a profit motive, you might have people even more unsuited to the position doing it), but we need to start figuring it.

chiefsflow
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
How can this be allowed!!?? ffs.

Kerberos
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
According to a co-worker this is in Cherry Hill, NJ She says it's a pretty well-to-do area of NJ. I agree with NewChief that it takes a special individual to work with special needs kids. Back home in the school district I worked at the teacher at the HS had to work with every disability known to man. She had 11 students and 4 para aids...they were all special people and worked very well together. I had to be in the room working on computers and I could see the controlled kaos that went on. I applaud all that work in this field and do it with kindness and caring.

But it sounds like some chicks that consider themselves upper class and have no common sense or remorse picked on an Autistic kid in the video. All I can say is you get what you give and I hope to all that is holy she gets what is coming to her....Just say'n.

PunkinDrublic
04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
When that kid becomes a multi-millionaire playing black jack, I'll bet that teacher will wish he was a little bit nicer.

jspchief
04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I will say that paraprofessionals who work with special ed. students are often the bottom of the barrel in public education. The good ones are usually only using the position as a stepping stone to secure a better position or are coaches who also receive a stipend for their coaching duties. In less fortunate districts, these hourly employees are whoever they can convince to wipe butts for minimum wage (not that anyone was necessarily wiping butts in this class, but that can be the job description depending on what sort of SpEd position you end up in).

Working successfully with a room full of autistic kids all day and maintaining one's patience is a calling and a gift. I don't think that just paying better would fix it (in fact, if you attach a profit motive, you might have people even more unsuited to the position doing it), but we need to start figuring it.Yep. When you pay them like fast food workers, it's really no surprise that you get some bad apples.

Bump
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
When that kid becomes a multi-millionaire playing black jack, I'll bet that teacher will wish he was a little bit nicer.

yeah, they ban people from vegas who are good at black jack. So he's gonna have to work his obviously a genius because he has autism skills elsewhere.

-King-
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Smh. Sad.

bevischief
04-25-2012, 05:13 PM
They should all be fired and never hired in this field again. My wife has a head injury and works with special needs adults she knows where they are coming from. She was in a major car wreck and had to re-learn how to walk and talk again because of it.

WhiteWhale
04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
IF we recorded everything that happens in every public school class, we'd be shocked at what we see.

I had two teachers physically attack me before I was 10, but it was all cool because they knew the drill... everyone just called me a liar and that was it. Don't leave any bruises... I had the principal hold my mouth and nose closed until I damn near passed out. Then he smacked my head against a wall and told me I needed to 'learn when to shut my mouth". I was six ****ing years old.

This is going to be worse. These kids can't say anything. It's sad. :(

NewChief
04-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Yep. When you pay them like fast food workers, it's really no surprise that you get some bad apples.

Buuuut. There was evidently a full teacher in the room, and that bitch should get the axe for allowing this shit on her watch.