Hammock Parties
04-26-2012, 07:19 PM
highest paid GM in the league

"it's not a terrible pick"

go fuck some 3/10 girls.

"she's not a terrible looking girl"

tredadda
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
It's not a good one either. He is more potential than anything. Drafted way too high.

The Dawg
04-26-2012, 07:21 PM
ROFL.

Simplicity
You're right... It was a ****ing horrible smelling piece of turd pick.

mnchiefsguy
Terrible first round pick....would have been a okay, or even a good pick in the second or third round, but not at #11 in the first round.

Pasta Little Brioni
ROFL Meltdown eh?

evolve27
The guy is slow and it's a stupid fucking pick

CHENZ A!
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
The guy is slow and it's a stupid ****ing pick

It may be a stupid pick, but he's not slow at all.

BoneKrusher
unbunch your panties, ladies.

so, you liked Ryan Sims?

Robo-Chachi

That "highlight reel" was brutal to watch.

Bump
04-26-2012, 07:24 PM
How many Memphis games did you guys see? You guys act like you've seen him play every snap but at most you found a 3 minute video on youtube featuring his highlights.

this isn't Ryan Sims, did Poe have Julius Peppers next to him?

Relax, it's our biggest weakness besides QB and a stud NT in a 3-4 is super crucial.

Not a terrible pick and that body size and athletic ability doesn't come around often.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
The guy is slow and it's a stupid fucking pick

:spock: You guys are soooo informed

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Relax, it's our biggest weakness besides QB and a stud NT in a 3-4 is super crucial.

Yeah, thanks to this pick now we have neither.

sedated
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
athletic ability doesn't come around often.

Vernon Gholston says hi.

Bump
so, you liked Ryan Sims?

how is he Ryan Sims? Who was Poe's Peppers?

Just look at Poe, he has a much better looking body than Sims ever had. It doesn't just look like all fat to me. This guy is a FREAK athlete. 4.98 forty, I don't remember what Sims is but it wasn't that. Everyone raves about Poe's motor so that makes him more coachable. It just so happens, coaching is what he needs the most and we have a great defensive coach that seems to get the best out of his players.

not a terrible pick

Titty Meat
12 tackles in one season playing in the C-USA

You stupid mother fucker

NWTF
The pick wasn't made based on how he performed at the college level.

The plan is Romeo will motivate him and help him shed that underachiever tag that he has, because truth be told he has a lot of "potential".

Bump
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Vernon Gholston says hi.

the 2 are not comparable.

KCwolf
ROFL Meltdown eh?

Dude I don't think your very smart......... it was not a good pick

Pablo
Vernon Gholston says hi.To be fair he's nearly 6-4 and 350 pounds. I haven't watched much of the guy; but it only took a couple of clips to realize he's insanely quick for his size.

He's obviously strong. We'll see what happens.

beer bacon
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
How many Memphis games did you guys see? You guys act like you've seen him play every snap but at most you found a 3 minute video on youtube featuring his highlights.

Not a terrible pick and that body size and athletic ability doesn't come around often.

Drafting for need is useless if you aren't drafting good players. It is better to draft a good player at a position where you already have good players then to draft a bad player a position of need. Drafting a bad player at a position of need leaves you no better then where you started.

Bump
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm not even trying to say it's a great pick or anything. I'm justifying it.

I would have preferred someone else, but I'm trying to look on the bright side I guess.

Think of it through another point of view, the pick makes sense is what I'm saying.

ThatRaceCardGuy
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Its like being decapitated and calling it a paper cut....and oh yeah, go fuck your self!

tredadda
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
To be fair he's nearly 6-4 and 350 pounds. I haven't watched much of the guy; but it only took a couple of clips to realize he's insanely quick for his size.

He's obviously strong. We'll see what happens.

Just like the QB who has the cannon for an arm. If only they panned out over those types of stats.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Dude I don't think your very smart......... it was not a good pick

KCwolf > Mike Mayock

Congrats you youtube game film master.

Strongside
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I like tuwtles.

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
how is he Ryan Sims? Who was Poe's Peppers?

Just look at Poe, he has a much better looking body than Sims ever had. It doesn't just look like all fat to me. This guy is a FREAK athlete. 4.98 forty, I don't remember what Sims is but it wasn't that. Everyone raves about Poe's motor so that makes him more coachable. It just so happens, coaching is what he needs the most and we have a great defensive coach that seems to get the best out of his players.

not a terrible pick
his stats from last season is all i need to see.
this pick might just be the move that gets Pioli fired by the end of 2012 season.

Molitoth
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, its not as terrible as the Seahawks pick.

PS. I hate jets fans

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM

You stupid mother ****er

That's not his role.

Pablo
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Just like the QB who has the cannon for an arm. If only they panned out over those types of stats.That's not a stat. That's an impressive physical attribute for a dude that weighs 350 pounds.

QB's with cannon arms are MUCH more common than NT's that have the ability to drop back in fucking coverage. Why he was dropping back in coverage, who fucking knows. Maybe Romeo will use him like a 350 pound super strong dude should be.

NWTF
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
this pick might just be the move that gets Pioli fired by the end of 2012 season.

I doubt that. Pioli is safe. If he wasn't he would have learned from the Tyson Jackson pick and not repeated the same strategy in 2012.

lewdog
Being big and athletic does not make you a good football player.

InChiefsHeaven
You fuckers kill me. Who was the better pick? Anyone we got would have been a "fuckup". With the slotting for rookies, it doesn't hurt as bad to take a chance. I trust Romeo and Scott more than I trust the freaks on this site. Time will tell. Chill out.

Okie_Apparition
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd think they'd be jealous of the medical grade

KCBOSS1
what, is this the 3rd DT drafted first round in the last 5 years?

Pablo
That's not his role.I guess it is if you don't understand what a NT does.

The dude is huge. The dude is strong. The dude is fast. He OBVIOUSLY has questions about his work ethic if he couldn't dominate the C-USA. Maybe Romeo will do something with him. Maybe not.

I'd rather risk it on this dude than take the safe fucking pick in a guard or grab some random LB when our LB corps is already solid.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
It wouldn't have matter who they selected. The tears would flow either way.

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I doubt that. Pioli is safe. If he wasn't he would have learned from the Tyson Jackson pick and not repeated the same strategy in 2012.

someone will have to be the fall guy on this rebuild.

this is year 4 and we still don't have a QB or a NT.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM
PIOWI ONLY GO FOR DA SAFE PICK. NE NEVA TAKES ANY RISKS :deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Sannyasi
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM

If Pioli gets fired because of the performance of our rookie defensive lineman than Clark is even dumber than we already knew.

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 07:42 PM
If Pioli gets fired because of the performance of our rookie defensive lineman than Clark is even dumber than we already knew.

i want sayin it's all on the Poe pick, i was saying Pioli has had 4 years and we still dont have a QB or a NT.

it's all adding up.

O.city
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He had shitty coaching at Memphis. Obviously the guy is a monster with athleticism.

He now is going to be coached by one of the better defensive guys in the NFL. We needed a big boy in the middle to keep guys off our LBs, better than Gregg, who actually did a good job, did.

Got the guy.

Here you go Romeo. This guy has the raw ability to be something very special. He's like a brick of perfect clay right now. Lets see what happens.

sedated
I'd rather risk it on this dude than take the safe ****ing pick in a guard or grab some random LB when our LB corps is already solid.

I guess we disagree. I'd rather take the sure thing at a position that will make us a power at that spot, than to reach on need and produce yet another bust out of a guy with work ethic issues. Chances are pretty good that next year we will still need a NT.

NWTF
It wouldn't have matter who they selected. The tears would flow either way.

probably. Im sure he wanted to trade out of the 11 spot and grab his need position player later in the round, but just like the 2009 draft there were no takers. no biggie

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He had shitty coaching at Memphis. Obviously the guy is a monster with athleticism.

He now is going to be coached by one of the better defensive guys in the NFL. We needed a big boy in the middle to keep guys off our LBs, better than Gregg, who actually did a good job, did.

Got the guy.

Here you go Romeo. This guy has the raw ability to be something very special. He's like a brick of perfect clay right now. Lets see what happens.

i'll roll with that and hope i'm wrong.

sedated
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
PIOWI ONLY GO FOR DA SAFE PICK. NE NEVA TAKES ANY RISKS :deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Hali was a motor guy. Siavii was a physical specimen guy. Which turned out better?

It's not about "risk", it's about an intelligent risk.

DaFace
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM
You fuckers kill me. Who was the better pick? Anyone we got would have been a "fuckup". With the slotting for rookies, it doesn't hurt as bad to take a chance. I trust Romeo and Scott more than I trust the freaks on this site. Time will tell. Chill out.

It's ChiefsPlanet. This is what we do.

(Though I agree with you.)

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 07:48 PM

Got the guy.

he was a worthless pussy in a league full of pussies

he may turn out...but that doesn't change what he is...he has the tape of a 4th rounder

aturnis
04-26-2012, 07:49 PM
J.C. Pearson called a bunch of Poe's college games and he says he does not like the pick...

buddha
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
This guy looks like a cupcake. His hair choice didn't help the overall impression.

Honestly, I don't care what his numbers were at the combine. He was lazy as shit at Memphis, ESPN had to rake to find positive plays that he actually was a part of, and he seems to be incredibly immature.

Romeo is the x factor here. If there is anybody who can wake up this Baby Huey, it's Romeo. He's the best there is at doing it, so anything could happen.

What I hate above everything else is a 100% potential pick at 11. I can't think of the last time one of those worked out.

Honestly, I think this kid is a puss. A freakish athlete, but not a mean bone in his body.

mlyonsd
04-26-2012, 08:00 PM
he was a worthless pussy in a league full of pussies

he may turn out...but that doesn't change what he is...he has the tape of a 4th rounderThis is it right here. I wouldn't have a problem with him in a later pick but at #11?

If Haley, Cassel, and Jackson were the first three reasons to question Pioli's GM skills Poe is definitely the 4th and last one for me if he strikes out.

This to me is definitely a reach. I hope I'm wrong.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
You ****ers kill me. Who was the better pick? Anyone we got would have been a "****up". With the slotting for rookies, it doesn't hurt as bad to take a chance. I trust Romeo and Scott more than I trust the freaks on this site. Time will tell. Chill out.

Fletcher Cox who was rated higher than Poe and a player Philly traded up for.

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Where are you playing Cox in the 34?

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Where are you playing Cox in the 34?

Same place they are going to play Poe.

Austin Ed
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I think they were going defense. Barron and Kuechly were gone leaving Poe. I wouldn't be surprised with the ND safety in the second.

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Same place they are going to play Poe.

NT?

No way.

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
NT?

No way.

Bench.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
NT?

No way.

Why not?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Why not?

:facepalm:

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Why not?

294 pounds ain't gonna cut it at NT in a 3-4

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Great answer, I can tell you are a guy who can be sought out for your wisdom and brilliant answers.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:25 PM
294 pounds ain't gonna cut it at NT in a 3-4

What did that NT for Dallas weigh? You know, the one who made pro bowls? Also I am willing to bet that he could pack on 6-10 pounds easily enough.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
What did that NT for Dallas weigh? You know, the one who made pro bowls? Also I am willing to bet that he could pack on 6-10 pounds easily enough.

I'm just sayin' ...there are exceptions to every rule but I don't want a NT that isn't heavier than my DE's. You want a big heavy guy, typically, in a 3-4 at NT. Someone who can eat up double-teams easily.

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Dallas runs a differnt style of d than we do. We don't need a Ratliffe type NT, we need a Casey Hampton or Ngata or Terrence Cody.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Great answer, I can tell you are a guy who can be sought out for your wisdom and brilliant answers.

I figured it was pretty obvious he doesn't fit as a nose in a Crennel 3-4. Prototype 4-3 DT. :shrug: You may resume bitching.

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM

Hey furqtard, do some research before you post.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm just sayin' ...there are exceptions to every rule but I don't want a NT that isn't heavier than my DE's. You want a big heavy guy, typically, in a 3-4 at NT. Someone who can eat up double-teams easily.

Well let's hope Poe can do that because he was relatively ineffective in C-USA.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM

Different schemes, different roles. In thier mind, Poe can swallow the run AND contribute as an interior pass rusher on passing downs. Big difference than say a true fat fuck like Cody.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I figured it was pretty obvious he doesn't fit as a nose in a Crennel 3-4. Prototype 4-3 DT. :shrug: You may resume bitching.

So by saying Cox was a better pick and showing that there is a NT that is similar to him in size is bitching? Damn, I need to stop debating with a MENSA student like you. You are too much for me.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Different schemes, different roles. In thier mind, Poe can swallow the run AND contribute as an interior pass rusher on passing downs. Big difference than say a true fat **** like Cody.

Again, let's hope so because his tape against inferior talent does not show it.

kcjayhawks5
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm not even trying to say it's a great pick or anything. I'm justifying it.

I would have preferred someone else, but I'm trying to look on the bright side I guess.

Think of it through another point of view, the pick makes sense is what I'm saying.

i agree with you. could we have picked another guy with more value at that spot? absolutely. but atleast we can say that this guy has the actual size to play NT unlike other peopleon this team.

We knew we needed a big body up the middle and this filled that need. probably a stretch but let's see what RAC can do with this guy first before we start throwing out the "Ryan Sims" tag

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I wanted Fletcher Cox because when they mentioned him on TV earlier my girlfriend yelled from the kitchen "Flex your cocks?"

Urc Burry
This is about the definition of Boom or Bust pick. You're are either getting a Haloti Ngata or a Ryan Sims. Not too much in between.

This is the kind of pick I like maybe in the late 1st. But I hope he proves me wrong

Pasta Little Brioni
So by saying Cox was a better pick and showing that there is a NT that is similar to him in size is bitching? Damn, I need to stop debating with a MENSA student like you. You are too much for me.

How is he a "better" pick when he doesn't fit the current scheme at all? They aren't going to change anything with how well the D played the second half of the year.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Again, let's hope so because his tape against inferior talent does not show it.

I'm not against it mainly because he wouldn't just be a 2 down player and that Mayock seems to think coaching and technique were the probs.

Hammock Parties
04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
"how was the sex, honey"

"well, it wasn't terrible"

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Hali was a motor guy. Siavii was a physical specimen guy. Which turned out better?

It's not about "risk", it's about an intelligent risk.

WTF aren't you a GM in the NFL. Just saying.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM
How is he a "better" pick when he doesn't fit the current scheme at all? They aren't going to change anything with how well the D played the second half of the year.

He can put on a little weight and we could use him to get some pressure from our d-line. I want Poe to succeed, but I think he was taken way to high to have no production to back it up. He is pure potential and those picks scare me.

Psyko Tek
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM

You stupid mother fucker

wtf is c-usa?
wnba?
lpga

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
wtf is c-usa?
wnba?
lpga

obgyn?

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not against it mainly because he wouldn't just be a 2 down player and that Mayock seems to think coaching and technique were the probs.

I am more than willing to eat my words if I am wrong in my opinion of him. I hope I have to as I don't want any of our picks to fail.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
wtf is c-usa?
wnba?
lpga

xfl

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Poe is in a great situation for himself. Gets to play for a great defensive coach who knows exactly how the coach the position Poe will be playing.

With the Po' boys our NT spot could potentially be a strength.

Urc Burry
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Poe didn't exactly play on a talented team. They won 5 games in the 3 years he was there.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Poe didn't exactly play on a talented team. They won 5 games in the 3 years he was there.

Oh come on...that' doesn't matter...he should have had 40 sacks and never let a RB gain a yard!!!! He was a #11 pick FFS.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

That would work if he actually produced yet they lost, kinda like Berry. He did not against players he should have dominated.

JohnnyHammersticks
Reminds me of when the Cardinals took Eric Swann--a physical freak DT who never went to college and was playing semi pro football--with the 6th overall pick in the 1st round about 20 years ago. Had a couple decent years, then had knee problems or something and was out of the league.

Strongside
In other news, can we have the fucking draft in another location for once? These Jets fans are the scum of all NFL fandom. You'd think Goodell would be all over moving this thing around with all of the shit that he has to put up with from those canoli eating fuck heads up there.

Taco John
I really liked Poe - but not in the first round. I was hoping he might be available in the second.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Oh come on...that' doesn't matter...he should have had 40 sacks and never let a RB gain a yard!!!! He was a #11 pick FFS.

So because the rest of his team was awful that gives him an excuse for getting washed out of plays by O-linemen who might not even be drafted?

suzzer99
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9697/arc8bhlcaaevxyi.jpg

At least he's secure in his masculinity.

tredadda
In other news, can we have the ****ing draft in another location for once? These Jets fans are the scum of all NFL fandom. You'd think Goodell would be all over moving this thing around with all of the shit that he has to put up with from those canoli eating **** heads up there.

I agree with this. :thumb:

J Diddy
You people crack me the fuck up. We went from no defense (greg and gun), to a laughable defense (herms gun), then finally to a decent defense (Romeo).

The guy who brought us here drafted a player. STFU and let him work instead of crying with all your Madden insight.

Freaking Kiper hacks.

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM

This. I am a glass half full guy and all these fukers are glass half empty.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
So because the rest of his team was awful that gives him an excuse for getting washed out of plays by O-linemen who might not even be drafted?

You're right, 1 man out of 11 should have dominated the entire game.

The tape I have seen on him he took on double-teams and got some pressure and the rest of the team sucked ass.

I've seen tape of Dex dusting Eric Berry....who is the better player?

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 08:52 PM

The tape I have seen on him he took on double-teams and got some pressure and the rest of the team sucked ass.

are you really this fucking stupid?

Berry dominated theh SEC and has the tape to prove it

poe did nothing in a kiddie league

if you have evidence otherwise, we'd all like to see it...we'll wait

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:52 PM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9697/arc8bhlcaaevxyi.jpg

At least he's secure in his masculinity.

This is maybe the best thing I've ever seen.

tredadda
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM

LMAO Seriously? I am not going to argue this point anymore as I can see it will become a pointless circular argument.

ChiefRocka
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM

not one, multiple....point made

Bump
I have faith in Romeo. If anyone can turn this kid into a beast, it's Romeo. Which also justifies the pick. If we didn't already have top notch coaching on defense, I would be just as furious as the rest of you, but since we do...It's cool.

O.city
I think with the new rookie wage scale, the NFL draft is going to go more towards a typical NBA draft.

Guys are going to start getting drafted for what they may become more for what they are or were in college.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
people are seriously arguing that a first round pick in the NFL shouldn't have any production in college?

this shit is crazy

ChiefRocka
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM

I noticed that shit also..it was awkwardly close.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-26-2012, 08:56 PM

Might want to keep that to yourself . . .

Dave Lane
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
In other news, can we have the ****ing draft in another location for once? These Jets fans are the scum of all NFL fandom. You'd think Goodell would be all over moving this thing around with all of the shit that he has to put up with from those canoli eating **** heads up there.

Hey it's cannoli dick weed :p

Strongside
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Might want to keep that to yourself . . .

Not now not evah.

If you don't get that then change your name and avatar.

Urc Burry
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
In the call to Poe, Romeo said "I look forward to you being a 3 down player." Mayock was really high on Poe playing next to Bailey in the sub package also.

Mama Hip Rockets
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Dude I don't think your very smart

RINGLEADER
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM

How come all his highlight videos on YouTube are at the scouting combine and lifting weights? I pity the Denver Dumbells and San Diego Longjumpers...

KCwolf
04-23-2013, 07:15 PM
the 2 are not comparable.

I misspelled what... ??? just curious

Bump
04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I misspelled what... ??? just curious

:spock: