PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pretty sure the 2012 season rests on our DL.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
I understand Dorsey is not long for this team, but look at this:

Dorsey
Poe
Jackson

All three are overdrafted, but at least the DEs have evolved into effective players, scheme-wise, warts and all.

At the very least, you can argue that having those two players will take the heat off Poe quite a bit this year.

I sure hope to god he's a fast learner, though. He's losing Dorsey after this season, and it's unclear what we're going to do when that happens, although Allen Bailey has the potential to be a monster.

God, if we could get all three of those guys to explode: Bailey becomes a terror against both run and pass (I think, of all our DL, Bailey's ceiling is the highest and his arrow's currently pointing up); Poe becomes a block of granite that can use his athleticism like Wilfork; and Jackson develops a meager passrush to compliment his run defense...

As it is, this is probably a Top 10 defense. If the DL lives up to their upside, it's a Top 3.

Setsuna
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
You're right. The 2012 season depends on your D line to break Manning in half. Good thread.

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 07:57 AM
no, it depends on the QB, like always...

Chiefnj2
04-27-2012, 07:57 AM
5 first rounders in the front 7. The Chiefs D should be playing like the Steel Curtain/'85 Bears/Purple People Eaters/90 Giants/Fearsome Foursome.

TimeForWasp
04-27-2012, 08:01 AM
The defense will be better. And that is a good thing.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
No, I'm thinking QB. Call me crazy...

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
DPJ

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 08:08 AM
No, I'm thinking QB. Call me crazy...

i'm with you. :thumb:

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
5 first rounders in the front 7. The Chiefs D should be playing like the Steel Curtain/'85 Bears/Purple People Eaters/90 Giants/Fearsome Foursome.

imagine if they used one of those first rounders to take a flyer on a QB one year

god forbid

Toad
04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
I would hope that Crennel and Pioli's job security now rest on this pick.

TEX
04-27-2012, 08:48 AM

Yep - instead it's one of the worst assembled with #1's ...:banghead:

TEX
04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
The defense will be better. And that is a good thing.

I'm not so sure about that. Is Berry at full speed? Probably not. Routt is not an upgrade over Carr. Poe might not be a factor. IMO, this defense still has far too many questions for a defense that is going on year 4 of a rebuild...

suds79
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
I would hope that Crennel and Pioli's job security now rest on this pick.

It has to right? I admire the balls it took to make such a move.

Next to finally taking a QB in the 1st, I think this is about the ballsiest think they could have done.

Fire Me Boy!
04-27-2012, 08:57 AM
imagine if they used one of those first rounders to take a flyer on a QB one year

god forbid

They'd have traded up in 2007 and taken Brady Quinn over Bowe.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-27-2012, 08:59 AM

Next to finally taking a QB in the 1st, I think this is about the ballsiest think they could have done.

I think so too, I don't hate the pick, but I don't expect him to come in and dominate this year. He's never been coached well and one of his knocks is a lack of instincts. I think this is a bit of a project, and a lot of fans are going to be impatient with it, unfortunately for Romeo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Toad
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Right, but big balls come with big risk. I would think that if they were going to push all the chips in with a boom or bust, it should have been an impact player.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Right, but big balls come with big risk. I would think that if they were going to push all the chips in with a boom or bust, it should have been an impact player.

True, but the NT is what could open up our defense and allow our existing impact players to be impactful.
Posted via Mobile Device