PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CP grades the Chiefs' draft

mlyonsd
04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
F...they didn't select one guy off my big board. Had all da picks graded out a round later than they took em. derp

L.A. Chieffan
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Fs across the board. A barrel full of jizz could've gone a better job

MIAdragon
04-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Nothing sexy, I just hope we get some solid players out of it.

Frosty
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
B-

Phobia
I will come grade this draft in 3 years just like I always do...

Pasta Little Brioni
Seriously though it was a solid draft that potentially filled a few holes and added solid depth.

Direckshun
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Which reminds me. It's about time to grade the 2009 class.

:facepalm:

AustinChief
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Solid B with potential to move to an A- or a C-... but straight up B as of right now.

jd1020
04-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Nothing sexy about the draft but I could get behind every pick minus the Jerome Long pick.

qabbaan
B

HemiEd
c+ that could end up being an A

boogblaster
04-28-2012, 05:25 PM
B- ... hope some can help quick ...

whoman69
04-28-2012, 05:25 PM
B-

I think they became fixated on certain positions where we don't really have a need. I can see the possibility that 3 people in the draft don't even make the 53. We did a poor job in building depth at TE and safety which were huge concerns going into the draft.

Red Dawg
04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Seriously though it was a solid draft that potentially filled a few holes and added solid depth.

I agree. We need depth not instant starters. All positions have thier starters in place and we are young for a change. I will say that Lewis may be in trouble because the Bama kid can flat out play. Tucker and Cooper may be in trouble as well. That white kid can flat out fly and I love Hemingway. Brady is killing teams with two guys just like that kid.

Direckshun
04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
This draft did virtually everything it needed to do, with that said.

We got a starting nose, the best this draft had to offer. Guys like Chapman and Ta'amu may have offered better value, but we escaped this draft with the best nose on the table.

We shored up the starting line for years with Allen, and Stephenson is a fascinating risk that (a.) offers us depth at the least, and (b.) gives us the immense upside of a potential left tackle.

They lost me with Wylie and Menzie, but they regained me with a strong closing trio of Gray, Long, and Hemingway. Gray is the jack-of-all-trades guy you need to succeed, Hemingway is solid WR depth, and Long is the kind of small program gamble you take. 70 tackles with 5 sacks is crazy from the 2- and 3-tech position, which is where he played last year with SDSU.

The midrounds really bummed me out, and my cooler head prevailed with the first three. The last three were very good selections.

I give it a C+ for now, but in three years I can see this being something crazy like an A+ if Poe and Stephenson hit their ceilings and we actually find something for Wylie to do.

J Diddy
04-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Fs across the board. A barrel full of jizz could've gone a better job

There you have it. A solid analysis from a guy who definitely values his barrel full of jizz.

Reaper16
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
C+/B-. It's pretty solid all around apart from Poe.

qabbaan
04-28-2012, 05:30 PM
B.

I like that we took two effective college tackles, so on the offseason we should have at least two new starters on the line. One of those guys will be our guard.

Poe is high risk high reward, but with two more DTs taken right after him, seems we were in the right spot.

Overall, it may not be exciting from a skill position standpoint, and I wish we had taken a flyer on a QB instead of a returner, but it looks like a list of guys who will contribute.

J Diddy
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
This draft did virtually everything it needed to do, with that said.

We got a starting nose, the best this draft had to offer. Guys like Chapman and Ta'amu may have offered better value, but we escaped this draft with the best nose on the table.

We shored up the starting line for years with Allen, and Stephenson is a fascinating risk that (a.) offers us depth at the least, and (b.) gives us the immense upside of a potential left tackle.

They lost me with Wylie and Menzie, but they regained me with a strong closing trio of Gray, Long, and Hemingway. Gray is the jack-of-all-trades guy you need to succeed, Hemingway is solid WR depth, and Long is the kind of small program gamble you take. 70 tackles with 5 sacks is crazy from the 2- and 3-tech position, which is where he played last year with SDSU.

The midrounds really bummed me out, and my cooler head prevailed with the first three. The last three were very good selections.

I give it a C+ for now, but in three years I can see this being something crazy like an A+ if Poe and Stephenson hit their ceilings and we actually find something for Wylie to do.

Personally I think the Poe pick is a product of the new CBA/rookie scale. Despite not having the stats in college the guy has the potential to be a monster, one of a kind player. I don't think we make that pick if the financials would be out of wack. We'd have made a safer pick, probably DeCastro.

That being said they took a huge risk on a player that has a gigantic ceiling, rather than going safe.

I could live with that.

Deberg_1990
A+ Pioli is true genius
Posted via Mobile Device

qabbaan
Look at the vote distribution.

From the bitchfest threads you'd think F would win in a landslide... Guess its just a vocal few.

WhitiE
04-28-2012, 05:37 PM
A solid B in my mind, but wtf do I know?

Predarat
04-28-2012, 05:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rLwADyVdVK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DTLB58
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM
B

Beside Poe every thing else is and needed to be about depth.

The OL picks weren't sexy and got everyone down early but the positions were a MUST.

If they would have traded down and picked up a few extra picks and got a ILB or pass rusher would have given them an A for sure.

wazu
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM

Cool. When you do you can also tell us who won the next 3 Superbowls.

StanziCityChiefs
04-28-2012, 05:41 PM
B-/B dont really know about Poe yet but Im excited to see how he turns out. The two OL are good picks and will help Charles and put Cassel in the best position to win now. Wylie was a little odd and the safety is basically a depth pick, but anything is better than Jersey Shore. Gray and Hemmingway made me very happy.

BossChief
04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
We still need a couple linebackers, but I like how we filled the other needs.

I think we all get a little trapped into the game of liking our crop of players we see as good fits for this team and therefore dislike the fact the team passes on our guys to take someone else, but I like the guys we drafted.

We took projects at positions we have solid coaching at (which should lessen the bust factor) and took some other guys that should make an impact fairly quickly at positions of need.

O.city
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Not any flashy picks, which will get this draft graded pretty low.

But it's really what we needed at this point. There were a few picks that I thought could and should have went other ways, but the guys that I wanted at that pick fell even further so obviously something was wrong with them.

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Why is A+++ not an option... Poll fail.

Mecca
04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
B-

I think they became fixated on certain positions where we don't really have a need. I can see the possibility that 3 people in the draft don't even make the 53. We did a poor job in building depth at TE and safety which were huge concerns going into the draft.

This was the worst TE/Safety draft in forever, those were the thinnest positions.

TimeForWasp
Good draft. Best in the West.

philfree
I gave it a A-. We addressed our biggest need at NT (yeah Cassel I know) by picking the highest ceiling prospect on the board in Poe. He might bust but if we're grading today then it's a great pick.

We also addressed the O line which was a designated upgrade by Pioli and Co. We landed a guy who can start immediately at G and play both Tackle spots and we also landed a LOT of the future.

We addressed the much needed depth at S as well as RB.

All that spells pretty good draft to me. It's silly to grade it today though. We probably ought to give it a little more time.

the Talking Can
C+ with B+ upside entirely dependent on poe

nothing really exciting...some solid mid-to-late round picks, hit all our needs except QB

not one automatic day 1 starter in the whole bunch

consensus on Allen is he'll be a starter sooner than later, good pick
Stephensen is a developmental tackle...no clue if he is worth the pick
Wylie is the second fatest WR at combine, we needed speed and got it..credit for that even though he's probably nothing
Menzie comes from best 3-4 defense in college, and from a stud secondary...surprise pick but i like
Gray is excellent value in the 6th, imo...this pick made me happy
Long is 3-4 DE who made a lot of tackles, high motor...7th round, what do you want?
Hemingway...flyer on skill player, played big time football...like it

poe is a risk and a project...if he doesn't become wilfork that pick should cost pioli his job

Cassel is still our QB and no one else on the roster is worth a nickle..we'll go into year 5 with Cassel still as our QB, that is so insane there are no words

BossChief
04-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Look at the vote distribution.

From the bitchfest threads you'd think F would win in a landslide... Guess its just a vocal few.

Most of the people crying about this draft need to get over themselves.

So what if they didn't take the guys you wanted them to take....none of us have 10% of the information front offices have about these kids.

kysirsoze
04-28-2012, 05:54 PM
C+ with B+ upside entirely dependent on poe

nothing really exciting...some solid mid-to-late round picks, hit all our needs except QB

not one automatic day 1 starter in the whole bunch

consensus on Allen is he'll be a starter sooner than later, good pick
Stephensen is a developmental tackle...no clue if he is worth the pick
Wylie is the second fatest WR at combine, we needed speed and got it..credit for that even though he's probably nothing
Menzie comes from best 3-4 defense in college, and from a stud secondary...surprise pick but i like
Gray is excellent value in the 6th, imo...this pick made me happy
Long is 3-4 DE who made a lot of tackles, high motor...7th round, what do you want?
Hemingway...flyer on skill player, played big time football...like it

poe is a risk and a project...if he doesn't become wilfork that pick should cost pioli his job

Cassel is still our QB and no one else on the roster is worth a nickle..we'll go into year 5 with Cassel still as our QB, that is so insane there are no words

All of this. Only difference is I ended up with a more optomistic B, hoping that with some good coaching Poe is going to be great.

Coogs
04-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I gave it a solid B for right now. It wasn't a sexy draft, but if the players we seclected pan out... look out!

Fairplay
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I gave it a B. Seems do be the consensus of the posters.

O.city
04-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I look at it this way.

If this draft pans out how they hope it will, which it could or it couldn't don't know yet, our only hole left to fill is the quarterback.

You can trade away picks Redskins style next year and go get the guy you want.

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
B-

I'll go flat B, yes te isnt deep, but theres plenty enough receiver & back talent right now to work around that if need be.

Heck, the way Baldwins getting all swoll, he could fill in as a receiving te if called upon.

AustinChief
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
People are going to hate this comparison... but picks like these are what made the Patriots great. Solid, contributors and depth... with one possible game changer/boom/bust type of pick.

We are not just a QB away from being all-world Superbowl bound... but we are only a QB away from being a legit team for the first time in a long time.

Chiefshrink
04-28-2012, 06:17 PM

You are wrong about Wylie:thumb:

KCDC
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I gave it an average grade -- C. Of course, with grade inflation in schools, I think average grade is now B+.

Pioli executed no smart trades. He let everyone trade up in front of us to take the guys we wanted. Our draft board was obvious. Granted the board fell wrong to us, he could have traded back in the 2nd or 3rd and received a few more picks. He needed a better Safety. We ignored a couple of good TEs that slipped. There are no good Safety free agents. Otagwe is basically Pollard. So, we will be hurting there. Menzie might convert, but we have a poor track record of converting CBs to safeties, and vice versa.

Poe is the key to this draft. If he busts, this is a D draft. If he becomes a monster, this becomes an A- draft. If he is just "solid" then it stays a C.

I'd have liked a QB. Maybe as a free agent we can sign some safety and QB, but we should have used a 7th to get B.J. Coleman. It would have been a better signal to Cassel that his days are numbered. The Pack scout good late round QBs. We ignore them. So much for the statement that we take a QB each draft. Pioli better sign Moore as a FA. He won't be a star in this league but at least TRY to find a QB for God's sake.

Chiefshrink
04-28-2012, 06:19 PM
People are going to hate this comparison... but picks like these are what made the Patriots great. Solid, contributors and depth... with one possible game changer/boom/bust type of pick.

We are not just a QB away from being all-world Superbowl bound... but we are only a QB away from being a legit team for the first time in a long time.

Agreed.

The Dawg
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM

Exactly. Truth is nobody knows how this draft class will turn out right now.

TimeForWasp
04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I love the way the went about this draft. NOTHING wrong with this draft.

KCDC
04-28-2012, 06:22 PM

What made the Patriots great was Tom Brady.

the Talking Can
Exactly. Truth is nobody knows how this draft class will turn out right now.

that's really profound....we all thought we could see the future

the Talking Can
What made the Patriots great was Tom Brady.

wrong...it was danny woodhead, value pick

veist
04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Poe is totally a planet theory guy, its a risk but you aren't going to see a big man that moves like that very often at all.

The Dawg
04-28-2012, 06:32 PM
What do the "experts" have to say about our draft?

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Poe is totally a planet theory guy, its a risk but you aren't going to see a big man that moves like that very often at all.

If he took plays off in Memphis, what makes you think he'll rev the motor up in KC?
Guys like him stop moving once they've signed their first contract.

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM
If he took plays off in Memphis, what makes you think he'll rev the motor up in KC?

:hmmm: i see what you're up to in your last few posts... maybe we should turn our critical collective eye upon the dolts draft...

Ming the Merciless
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I'll say B+ but of course much depends on how Poe turns out. I'd rate lower if I knew enough to think he was probably going to bust though. I don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion so I'll have to put my faith in the FO and hope they hit their gamble.

Just the fact it is a very large gamble gets a big deduction though, a safer pick at 1 wouldve been preferable to me (i'm chicken?).

scho63
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
I can give them a B for filling up our needs and doing nothing too crazy or too safe while building nice depth. The big question mark of course is which way Poe will break. If he becomes a superstar the draft moves to an A and if he flounders we move down to a D because that will be 3 out of last 4 drafts where a high first round defense selection fails to make a big impact IMHO

veist
04-28-2012, 07:26 PM

Memphis' coaching staff was incompetent lets not damn the guy before he's played a down in the league just because he played on a terrible team with a terrible coaching staff. It may be a reach, he might be a bust but its pretty clearly a planet theory driven pick.

keg in kc
04-28-2012, 07:39 PM
I will come grade this draft in 3 years just like I always do...That's my philosophy.

If you twist my arm, right now I'd say it's in the B to B- range. No really sexy picks, but I think the roster was set aside from QB and DT. They got the DT, and I didn't want a QB from this class, so it works for me. I like picks for depth that could all become starters down the road.

But it really comes down to Poe and the two linemen on day 2. If he becomes the centerpiece of the line, it's an A draft and anything else is a cherry on top. If he doesn't...

But we won't be able to make any kind of early judgement on him for a full year, or a fair judgement for 2-3.

Urc Burry
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Poe didn't have motor problems at Memphis. He just played every single down, and had no feel for the game or technique. That is where Romeo comes in

RJ
04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
What letter grade would you use for "boring"?

hometeam
04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Im on the 'we could have gotten all our picks 1 round later' train

Chiefnj2
04-28-2012, 08:16 PM
It might be the most underwhelming and unexciting draft in KC history. The first rounder with the lowest floor and a bunch of questionable depth.

Iowanian
04-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Compared to the needs of the team, I think it was a fine draft. They didn't take everyone I wanted, but most of the picks made sense to me.

Poe is huge, has physical tools and they obviously see something in him, I'm hoping he's a Ngata or Wilfork type player. A starting left guard, a swing tackle and potential LT, corner depth, nice complimentary running back, wide receiver help.

All things the Chiefs needed.

The only true gaping hole I see on this team right now is safety depth.(obviously QB isn't a strength, but you can't fix it all in 1 year).

Chiefnj2
04-28-2012, 08:24 PM
They drafted 1 player in Mayock's top 100.

shammus
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
They drafted 1 player in Mayock's top 100.

Looks like we have 4 in Mayocks top 100. Poe at 13, Allen at 36, Menzie at 80 and Stephenson at 96
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8288a470/article/mike-mayocks-top-100-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings

Chiefnj2
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Looks like we have 4 in Mayocks top 100. Poe at 13, Allen at 36, Menzie at 80 and Stephenson at 96
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8288a470/article/mike-mayocks-top-100-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings

That's what I get for reading the list in under 10 seconds. My bad. I especially didn't realize Allen was rated so high.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Im on the 'we could have gotten all our picks 1 round later' train

Dumb

Okie_Apparition
04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
We won't know until New Year's Day
if the Christmas presents will hold up
and hold our interest more than the box they came in

Beef Supreme
04-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Poe makes or breaks this draft. I hope all the people doubting him pisses him off enough to make him a beast.

Allen is Lilja's replacement, it's just a matter of when. But he'll get play time this year no matter what.

Stephenson is good depth with good feet and good measureables. I think he'll make the roster.

The rest can plan on trying to find a roster spot on special teams. Could be a diamond in there somewhere.

milkman
04-28-2012, 08:58 PM
I think Jeff Allen will be the starter at LG, sooner than later.

I have my doubts about Stephnson, but he has potential.

I really like the potential of Menzie at safety and Gray at RB.

But this draft rides on Poe.

I am skeptical, at best, but time will tell.

shammus
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
I give it a C+. I didn't mind the positions we drafted at all. Those were all necessary. I didn't even really mind that we seemingly went with a large group of "projects" in this draft. What I didn't like was that it seemed like every time we drafted someone, there were at least two guys rated higher at that same position still available. So in other words, a few of our guys were reaches. I also would have liked to have seen us trade down in the first round. I think we could have taken that offer from the Eagles, still snagged Poe and picked up some extra picks in the process.

Poe - I'm willing to at least partially buy into his low statistics stemming from him being on a bad team, with bad coaching. Plus, all he's really supposed to do is take up space and occupy blockers so it's not like he's supposed to be racking up a bunch of tackles for loss and sacks anyway. He's got a lot of strength, speed, upside and supposedly a solid motor/work ethic. B-

Allen - Would have really loved for us to have taken Konz here who slipped a lot further than people thought he'd go. Could have moved Hudson to guard. Osemele was available too. Would have preferred either to Allen, but I do like Allen's versatility. - C

Stephenson - At this point in the draft I was almost convinced that our "theme" for this year was "project players". We are woefully thin at tackle but it seems that Zebrie Sanders or Bobby Massie would have been a better selection at this spot? I do like his potential to be a decent LT in the future though. - C

Wylie - again, there were several players at this position I would have rather had - Marvin Jones, McNutt, etc... Seems to be a big injury risk as well. Not sure what the thinking was on this one but I THINK I read that he was the 2nd fastest WR in the draft??? I like the pick a bit better if that is the case as we don't have a true stretch the field, deep threat. 5'9 is still a bit small though... - C-

Menzie - really wanted Iloka here but the Menzie selection is where I started liking our picks a little more. Anything that keeps McGraw and Sabby off the field though is fine by me - B

Gray - Really liked this pick. Best RB left on the board too and has a good skillset - running, blocking, catching out of the backfield, etc... Seems like a well rounded back that was expected to go in RD 3-4. You might say this is our first value pick as well - A

Long - I think David Molk could have been our starter at C if we had taken him here and he'd be perfect for our zone blocking scheme. I don't know much about Long other than he had some impressive stats playing at a small school. After a few "meh" picks in the draft, I guess Pioli was due for a true wtf pick. Cam Johnson slid a looong way in this draft. Would have loved to have seen him or Molk taken with our #218 pick... C-

Hemingway - After Gray, this is probably my favorite pick. Seems to have a pretty well-rounded skillset and has a shot at being our WR4 - A

O.city
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
We got some really good pieces, IMO, later in the draft. Possibly a starting LG, a good swing tackle prospect, running back depth, wr depth, dline depth.

But as has been said, this is all on Poe. If he plays like a bad ass up front, this is a top 5 defense with athleticism everywhere behind. If he plays like a JAG, it's a shitty draft.

O.city
04-28-2012, 09:05 PM
I give it a C+. I didn't mind the positions we drafted at all. Those were all necessary. I didn't even really mind that we seemingly went with a large group of "projects" in this draft. What I didn't like was that it seemed like every time we drafted someone, there were at least two guys rated higher at that same position still available. So in other words, a few of our guys were reaches. I also would have liked to have seen us trade down in the first round. I think we still could have snagged Poe and we could have picked up some extra picks.

Poe - I'm willing to at least partially buy into his low statistics stemming from him being on a bad team, with bad coaching. Plus, all he's really supposed to do is take up space and occupy blockers so it's not like he's supposed to be racking up a bunch of tackles for loss and sacks anyway. He's got a lot of strength, speed, upside and supposedly a solid motor/work ethic. B-

Allen - Would have really loved for us to have taken Konz here who slipped a lot further than people thought he'd go. Could have moved Hudson to guard. Osemele was available too. Would have preferred either to Allen, but I do like Allen's versatility. - C

Stephenson - At this point in the draft I was almost convinced that our "theme" for this year was "project players". We are woefully thin at tackle but it seems that Zebrie Sanders or Bobby Massie would have been a better selection at this spot? I do like his potential to be a decent LT in the future though. - C

Wylie - again, there were several players at this position I would have rather had - Marvin Jones, McNutt, etc... Seems to be a big injury risk as well. Not sure what the thinking was on this one but I THINK I read that he was the 2nd fastest WR in the draft??? I like the pick a bit better if that is the case as we don't have a true stretch the field, deep threat. 5'9 is still a bit small though... - C-

Menzie - really wanted Iloka here but the Menzie selection is where I started liking our picks a little more. Anything that keeps McGraw and Sabby off the field though is fine by me - B

Gray - Really liked this pick. Best RB left on the board too and has a good skillset - running, blocking, catching out of the backfield, etc... Seems like a well rounded back that was expected to go in RD 3-4. You might say this is our first value pick as well - A

Long - I think David Molk could have been our starter at C if we had taken him here and he'd be perfect for our zone blocking scheme. I don't know much about Long other than he had some impressive stats playing at a small school. After a few "meh" picks in the draft, I guess Pioli was due for a true wtf pick. Cam Johnson slid a looong way in this draft. Would have loved to have seen him or Molk taken with our #218 pick... C-

Hemingway - After Gray, this is probably my favorite pick. Seems to have a pretty well-rounded skillset and has a shot at being our WR4 - A

The thing you have to look at is, yeah, some of those guys were rated higher when we picked. But they also fell a long way. So it wasn't just the Chiefs that were passing on them.

Those ratings were mostly by guys that work for the networks, IIRC.

BoneKrusher
04-28-2012, 09:11 PM
C+
i understand we needed depth but we also need a QB.

FloridaMan88
04-28-2012, 09:22 PM
D-, a terrible draft by Fat Scott.

The Chiefs talked about "bringing in competition" for Cassel this offseason... unless Brady Quinn magically transforms into an NFL caliber QB (something he hasn't shown an ability to do in his 5 year NFL career thus far), the Chiefs have failed to upgrade the competition at QB.

The Chiefs reached badly to fill a need with Poe, who appears to be another Junior Siavii.

chiefzilla1501
04-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Pretty unsexy draft. But there's some things to like. I think it's a B today, but it could become a C or an A depending on Poe.

Poe was a nice draft pick because it showed Pioli is ready to take a risk on an impact player rather than layup on the safe guy. Let's hope that happens at QB soon enough. Again, I think the Chiefs see several areas of improvement for the guy: 1) no reason to play him 50+ snaps. That's just insane. 2) let him focus on playing one position well instead of moving him around. 3) Hook him up with the martial arts guy. His hand technique is horrendous and it's getting him completely locked up. 4) Hook him up with Romeo, one of the best D-line coaches in the game. Teach him to get his pads down. He gets his pads too high and he gets stood up. The position is all about leverage and he loses that game as soon as the ball is snapped.

Allen--nice pick, even if he's just quality depth. I mentioned before that our o-line is rounding out, but our depth was absolutely horrendous. I think Stephenson is a much better pick than a guy like Mike Adams, who went earlier. Stephenson actually has fast enough feet to play the position -- at worst, he's okay depth. The rest of the draft is a crapshoot, but we may have gotten 1 or 2 starters out of it and quality depth at some key positions. I did think the focus on WRs was a little weird.

At this stage of the Chiefs, it's good that they got deeper, which is what they needed. Let's just hope that somehow magically our QB situation will be fixed sometime in the next 20 years.

Okie_Apparition
04-28-2012, 09:26 PM
unless you think Quinn is less a QB than Cassel
he is competition
Please don't forget to register for the November elections

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 09:28 PM

These two players might end up being the real meat of this draft a few years down the road.

Winning the battle up front shouldnt seem boring, its thinking ahead.

*cue the music*

FloridaMan88
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
These two players might end up being the real meat of this draft a few years down the road.

Winning the battle up front shouldnt seem boring, its thinking ahead.

*cue the music*

DeCastro would have helped greatly with "winning the battle up front".

FloridaMan88
04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
unless you think Quinn is less a QB than Cassel
he is competition
Please don't forget to register for the November elections

Cassel is more accomplished than Quinn... the Chiefs managed to find one of the few veteran NFL QB's who can be described as less accomplished than Cassel.

Okie_Apparition
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
The cost of moving Obama out & Romney in
is enough of a reason to stay the status quo

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 09:38 PM
It was a weak draft overall. Poe at 11 is a 'C' to me.
The rest of your draft was meh.
Overall I'd give it an A+ from my POV.

Okie_Apparition
04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
could be the rotting gauze

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
could be the rotting gauze

Could be:thumb:

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 09:43 PM
DeCastro would have helped greatly with "winning the battle up front".

DeCastro would've been fine by me, an almost guaranteed Mangold-type starter from day one, not only stable... but dominance capable sexy.

But the truth, is that these players could end up giving KC two studs, for the price of one.

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 09:46 PM
DeCastro would've been fine by me, an almost guaranteed Mangold-type starter from day one, not only stable... but dominance capable sexy.

But the truth, is that either one of these players could end up giving KC two studs, for the price of one.

DeCastro would have been hard to justify with the 11th pick. You guys were in a crappy spot.

Fairplay
04-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Grading this draft a few years down the road will be the true grade, always is.

shaneo69
04-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Pleasantly surprised to see many of my old friends still here...

I like the thought process behind this draft. I originally had a problem with the Stephenson pick, but it sounds like they want to replace Albert after this season. That's fine with me. Normally I'd like to see skill positions taken in the first few rounds, but Pioli/Crennel obviously think that Lilja, Albert, and our last few NT's have been undersized and pushed around too much. Bigger players will now be groomed to replace them.

I love the Menzie, Gray and Hemingway picks, and the Jerome Long pick reminds of the way the Steelers find their 3-4 DE's.

But Poe really needs to approach the level of Ngata, Wilfork, Hampton, Maas, and Saleaumua for this draft to get a good grade three years from now.

However, any draft that doesn't involve Carl Peterson with the Chiefs makes me happy.

Fairplay
04-28-2012, 09:48 PM

If Milkman catches you talking like that a bar of soap in the mouth would be the least of your punishment.

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 09:52 PM
It was a weak draft overall. Poe at 11 is a 'C' to me.
The rest of your draft was meh.
Overall I'd give it an A+ from my POV.

Congratulations, you patchoulli covered sand hippies got Ingram... and a bunch of question marks.

Good Luck!

Gadzooks
04-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Congratulations, you patchoulli covered sand hippies got Ingram... and a bunch of question marks.

Good Luck!

Thank you. Best of luck to your team in the up coming season. Perhaps we shall meet in the playoffs.:)

Easy 6
04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
DeCastro would have been hard to justify with the 11th pick. You guys were in a crappy spot.

You're so right, it was a very weird spot in this particular draft... but to get an almost promised, solid ten year starter at ANY position... can never be a truly bad idea.

After some sleep though, Poe's pick isnt sounding nearly as bad, i mean... he apparently was the Lone Ranger out there for South Eastern Podunk University, playing waaay more snaps than ANY other guy his size.

Quesadilla Joe
04-28-2012, 10:25 PM
AFCW Draft grades according to the fans...

Chargers A http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138199

Broncos B http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138196

Chiefs C http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138197

Raiders C http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138198

Chiefnj2
04-28-2012, 10:35 PM
I still would have given the entire draft for RGIII

TimeForWasp
04-29-2012, 12:19 AM
AFCW Draft grades according to the fans...

Chargers A http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138199

Broncos B http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138196

Chiefs C http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138197

Raiders C http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=138198

Friggin country wide popularity contest. Chiefs never win those.

DeezNutz
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM

What? You'd be willing to trade an unproductive player from Memphis, a developmental tackle, a LG, a DMC, a third-string back, a backup safety, and camp fodder for a potential franchise QB?

No way.

Ace Gunner
04-29-2012, 07:51 AM
C

bevischief
04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Solid B with potential to move to an A- or a C-... but straight up B as of right now.

I agree lets see from 3 years from now.

FloridaMan88
04-29-2012, 08:18 AM

If DeCastro turns out to be an Alan Faneca type player in the NFL then it wouldn't be hard at all to justify taking him with the 11th overall pick.

the Talking Can
04-29-2012, 08:18 AM

hell yes

BoneKrusher
04-29-2012, 08:44 AM

same here.
i'd much rather have a franchise QB than depth across the board.

Simplicity
04-29-2012, 08:51 AM
B. Going for depth so it wasn't the sexiest but we got what we needed and now we have a complete team minus the QB.

GloryDayz
04-29-2012, 08:55 AM
"C" As usual, we did just well enough to be left out of any really wanted players on draft day. So we're not left wondering if a Luck or an RG3 will pan-out as a world class layer, instead we're left hoping Matt will stop pooping his pants and think we'll do it by some other backwards means. Most people are left wondering if we really want to compete at times. Indy goes from one of the leagues best teams to the team that sucked BADLY in just the right year. Coincidence? IDK, we never strike that kind of gold. Who ever heard "Suck for Poe"? Hmmmm!