PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Former Chiefs In Biiiig Trouble.

Rain Man
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Edit: "Chief" in title, not "Chiefs". It was an accidental pluralization that I blame on society.

Michael Bennett. Okay, he wasn't a Chief for long, but he was a Chief.

This surprises me, because I vaguely remembered reading some stories that he was a pretty clean-cut guy. Maybe I'm recalling them about the wrong guy.

And William Joseph? Remember when he was considered a can't miss prospect? That was a pretty fast fall.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7878789/ex-nflers-william-joseph-michael-bennett-charged-tax-scheme

Two ex-NFLers charged in tax scam
Updated: May 1, 2012, 4:50 PM ET
Associated Press

MIAMI -- Three former professional football players are among eight charged in a South Florida tax refund and identity theft scheme.

Federal prosecutors said Tuesday the FBI operated an undercover check-cashing store in North Miami used by the suspects from February through April. The group allegedly cashed about $500,000 in fraudulent refund checks. The money was paid out of FBI funds and no checks were actually cashed.

Former Oakland Raiders and New York Giants defensive tackle William Joseph is one of the former NFL players arrested. The other is running back Michael Bennett, once a Minnesota Vikings first-round pick who played for several teams. A third ex-player, Louis Gachelin, played professionally in Europe.

They face forgery and theft charges. It wasn't immediately clear if they had lawyers.

rico
05-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol, every time we hear a story like this, the Oakland Raiders are SOMEHOW connected to the player(s).

TimeForWasp
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Running Back Micheal Bennett must have watched the movie "Catch me if you can"

beer bacon
05-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I thought Marvin Harrison was a nice, clean-cut guy until I found out he had a giant, custom made pistol he used to shoot people at car washes. You never know.

gblowfish
05-01-2012, 04:12 PM
They all have an appointment with Tossed Salad Man.

MoreLemonPledge
05-01-2012, 04:29 PM
This surprised me. Michael Bennett was always an incredibly nice guy when I talked to him.

Okie_Apparition
05-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Michael Brokein

jspchief
05-01-2012, 05:55 PM
For 500k between 8 guys.

Bennett had to have made millions in the NFL, and now he's going to prison for 60k.

suzzer99
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Joe Phillips laughs at all of them for being big pussies. Then he slams his wife's head into the wall and disappears for 3 months.

Okie_Apparition
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Mitch Holthus as Bennet gets off the prison bus:
"AND MICHAEL BENNET TAKES IT TO THE HOUSE, KAN SAS CITY!"

Phobia
05-01-2012, 07:39 PM
This surprised me. Michael Bennett was always an incredibly nice guy when I talked to him.

Sure. They're all great guys until their honey-pot dries up.

Easy 6
05-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Sure. They're all great guys until their honey-pot dries up.

I'll never understand how some of these guys can be so stupid with their money, even third string nobodys get something around 375-400k a year.

If you cant turn 4-5 years of even that, into something stable for your future... you're a damned retard & get what you deserve.

Dylan
05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Former Oakland Raiders and New York Giants defensive tackle William Joseph is one of the former NFL players arrested.

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/failboat.jpg

Fairplay
05-02-2012, 12:55 AM

Strapped for cash and being in with the wrong group of people is a bad combination.

Phobia
05-02-2012, 01:03 AM
I'll never understand how some of these guys can be so stupid with their money, even third string nobodys get something around 375-400k a year.

If you cant turn 4-5 years of even that, into something stable for your future... you're a damned retard & get what you deserve.

This is one of the reasons I have a lot of respect for Dwayne Bowe. Dude lives in a sensible house in Lee's Summit. He could easily get a loan or even pay cash for a multi-million dollar mansion.

KurtCobain
05-02-2012, 01:08 AM
This is one of the reasons I have a lot of respect for Dwayne Bowe. Dude lives in a sensible house in Lee's Summit. He could easily get a loan or even pay cash for a multi-million dollar mansion.

He should move to independence.

Phobia
05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
He should move to independence.

He should buy Independence which is kind of funny because Arrowman owns half of it.

KurtCobain
05-02-2012, 01:25 AM
He should buy Independence.

He couldn't afford all the meth in this town at today's economy-rocked prices.

|Zach|
05-02-2012, 01:25 AM

Seems like they spend it in a way as if they are going to keep getting that year after a year.

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2012, 05:51 AM

Pssh.. don't you know Dwayne Bowe is all about the limelight. He wants to be paid like Calvin Johnson, get out of Kansas City, and play for a large market team.

/CP conspiracy theorists

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Reminds me, I met arrowman in KC at the Chiefs/Colts shootout game. Then again I met him in Seattle/Chiefs game in Seattle a couple years ago and mentioned that I met him before in KC. I can't remember exactly what he said, but he was a complete dick.

A grown man who regularly and voluntarily dresses up in costume is compensating for something.

Imon Yourside
05-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Make more money selling meth in independence.

Phobia
05-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Reminds me, I met arrowman in KC at the Chiefs/Colts shootout game. Then again I met him in Seattle/Chiefs game in Seattle a couple years ago and mentioned that I met him before in KC. I can't remember exactly what he said, but he was a complete dick.

He's probably one of the nicest people Chiefs fans I've ever known. Don't know what happened with you and he but he's a very cool guy. Very cool.

Phobia
05-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe I took him wrong.

There's no doubt in my mind. He can definitely be sarcastic but he wasn't trying to be a jerk. You were just feeling insecure at that very moment when your paths crossed. You'd probably hate me.

Reerun_KC
05-02-2012, 08:23 AM

Not really surprised by anything a so called "professional athelete" does...

This is why I never would let my kids use these guys as role models.

thabear04
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
See what happened when you play with the Raiders you become a thug and a low life after your career is over.