PDA

View Full Version : Football The Broncos: I don't see it.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Direckshun
05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I really don't.

The Manning thing was a stroke of genius, if only because John Elway has the benefit of being Manning's idol. I tell you what, if I was a future Hall of Fame basketball player, and none of you know me so let's just say I am, I'd probably be more inclined to play for the Pacers under Larry Bird (favorite player of all time) than on a small market playoff team like the Memphis Grizzlies.

I think the Broncos, with that acquisition, are about to have themselves a Top 5 passing game in the NFL.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure that's all this team is.

The offensive line is not close to being fixed. Orlando Franklin has been serviceable on the right side, but is not an Eric Winston world beater at the position. And unless they move Franklin inside, their interior line is a joke. Beadles looks like he's getting another year sucking it up at RG, and it looks like JD Walton will be sucking it up at C yet again, because I honestly don't think Phillip Blake unseats him. And if he does, we'll take 680 lbs of nose tackle and shove it up right up the rook's nose.

Which would mean a ton if they had a demonic run game to threaten defenses with -- which, ding ding ding, you guessed it: it's average. Willis McGahee was running like a wildman when Tebow was under center, but they couldn't move the ball against the Chiefs bottom-third run defense late in the year. The only reinforcements they've brought in? A scatback from San Diego State, Ronnie Hillman.

I've no doubt that teams will drop eight, giving the Donks a chance to run better, but it's nothing a stout defensive line and a fast linebacker corps can't rectify.

Their defensive line continues to underwhelm me up the middle -- I like what they have coming off the edges, but I think you can run right at Dumervil and Ayers (I regard Miller as the real deal). I've never been a big DJ Williams fan, just plays too much like Derrick Johnson from the Vermeil days for me to get too excited about.

Their secondary has some talent. Bailey is an All Pro in his twilight years, and I love that safety they drafted from UCLA last year. But Porter has spent the past year or two getting his ass handed to him in New Orleans, and their rookie corner is coming off a devastating injury and is going to take a year or two to develop anyway.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... the Broncos are looking a lot now like the Colts did in the latter Manning years: all pass game with an average run game, with a shit defense apart from two passrushers.

It was a successful strategy in Indianapolis, when the run game was better. The offensive line was better. The defense was better.

And the quarterback was younger, stronger, not a year out of football, one hit away from being sidelined.

In which case, we'll either see a lanky-ass rookie with a Tebow-style delivery, or Caleb Hanie, who we beat in 2011 with Tyler Palko under center.

Sorry folks, don't see it.

San Diego or Kansas City make a ton more sense as division winners.

the Talking Can
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
manning won't finish the season

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Elway wasted PM's last years
~Kia Rio

stonedstooge
05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
If Manning has lost a part of that quick release, Donks may not win 8

qabbaan
05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Manning can get a mediocre team to the postseason. He did it for most of his career. I expect he will do so this year. Nobody really thinks Denver is a Super Bowl threat, though, except the orange jammie types.

Deberg_1990
05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I fully expect them to have a good year this season (ala Montana and Favre) then drop off quickly after that. (ala Montana and Favre)
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 05:21 PM
The Chiefs: They blinded me.

qabbaan
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Manning isn't a guy like Favre who lived on physical talent and could make poor decisions because of it. Manning is a technician and probably the most capable quarterback mentally who ever played the game. If anyone could still compete despite his physical skills regressing some it would be him.

qabbaan
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I expect Manning will beat us like stepchildren this year though.

Having leadership from the QB position on a team is a big deal. This is part of our Cassel problem. Everyone knows he sucks. They don't respect him. Therefore he can't truly lead them.

Leadership on the team could give Denver a boost.

-King-
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Demaryius Thomas.

Eric Decker.

They're not doing shit. Their passing game wont be top 5.

Rain Man
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Please, god, please let Poe get one good hit on him and land on top of him.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I think Elway purchased a Lemon.

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 05:29 PM
If anyone ends his season it will be a Raider
the fans always get something to hang their masks on

vailpass
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Demaryius Thomas.

Eric Decker.

They're not doing shit. Their passing game wont be top 5.

I'll take DT over anything KC has and I'm not alone.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2012, 05:34 PM
:LOL:

-King-
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I'd take Baldwin over him. Our 3rd WR over him. Breaston and Bowe are way better than him and it's not even close.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
vail has gone full knowmo

KCrockaholic
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM

ROFL

Yeah, me, myself, and I.

vailpass
05-02-2012, 05:41 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I'd take Baldwin over him. Our 3rd WR over him. Breaston and Bowe are way better than him and it's not even close.

Baldwin has accomplished exactly zero.
Bowe would be a nice 2 on a top WR corps.

DT has more playoff wins, playoff receptions, and playoff winning catches than both of them combined and much more upside.

Breaston is nice in the slot with a QB that can get it to him and a WR corps to draw coverage.

Let's watch this year and take this conversation up again at the end of the season.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 05:44 PM

ROFL

Breaston had about 50 fewer yards, last year, than DT's had in his career.

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
ONLY Bronco homerism is allowed
~check your CP bylaws

Pasta Little Brioni
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
He's cereal guys. I found his list:

Elway
Fox
Burrito John
SlowMo
Barrel Guy's re-animated corpse
Autumn Fart

-King-
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM

DT has more playoff wins, playoff receptions, and playoff winning catches than both of them combined and much more upside.

Breaston is nice in the slot with a QB that can get it to him and a WR corps to draw coverage.

Let's watch this year and take this conversation up again at the end of the season.

Last year was Breaston's first time lining up in the slot ROFL

Let me know when DT has 1000 yards in a year. Fuck it. Let me know when he has it in his career. ROFL

Bowser
05-02-2012, 05:50 PM

I assume Knowmo got the night off and you're filling in for him?

listopencil
05-02-2012, 05:55 PM
In this division, I think Manning makes us the favorite. We'll find out quickly what he can do with our receivers. I think he ends up putting the ball right where it needs to be on a consistent basis and they end up looking better. I know Tebow struggled with these guys but that's not all on him. They were making mistakes out there too last season and they're not going to have Tebow as an easy excuse for poor play this year. The promising thing is that they are relatively inexperienced. Just having him there should back guys off of the LOS. That should help the run game. They'll need it because, as you said, the interior O-Line is weak.

Sure the Broncos have holes. The biggest question on D is how much our old DC had to do with their successes. Other than the coach our D doesn't look much different. I am not expecting any kind of substantial improvement there. I am interested in rookie DT Wolfe. DT's tend not have much impact but he does look like a good fit for us as an UT. I don't know. I'm expecting more of the same from our D and a distinct upgrade in points scored from our O. I also expect Manning to do a better (well, MUCH BETTER) job of managing the game then Tebow did. I would not be surprised if the Broncos get 10 or 11 wins, win the division and win a home playoff game this year. I would be surprised if the won less than 10 or if they won more than 1 playoff game.

Direckshun
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Breaston didn't even really play in the slot last year.

He played outside almost all year.

-King-
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Yeah, he said that he played more slot last year than he had ever played before and that he never played slot in Ari on an interview with Nick Wright.

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 06:15 PM
I bet Breaston could stare DT the WR into an injury

kcxiv
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I dont know why Manning would go there without many weapons. I dont see this ending up well, but then again they got a good defense. When MOntana came to the Chiefs, we had no fucking offense and Montana was throwing to willie fucking dayis lol. So who knows.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 06:27 PM

Over Bowe? LMAO

C'Mon dude.

CrazyHorse
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Another notable difference is they lost thier captain on defense. Dawkins retired. He was the spark plug.

Rasputin
05-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Ya even by chance Peyton fn Manning makes it through the season, parts of his game wont be the same and he will be rusty to start then his age will come around soon enough. I don't expect him to make it through this season but he won't be as effective with them as they are hoping him to be even if he does. jmo.

BDB
05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I love how you spent all that time on a team you "don't see it" on. The funny thing is these type of posts are littered across Charger and Raiders boards as well. KC, OAK, and SD fans really only have a few more months of any hope for the next few years, so I guess its a natural reaction among fans.

Broncos finished 8-8, and won a playoff game, with a pass-less QB last year. They beat the chiefs with 2 completions and 8 attempts for crying out loud. The offensive line is top 5 in the league, period. Yeah they gave up a lot of sacks, but Tebow held the ball waiting for his 1st read to get open most of the time. Also, in the midst of a season changing styles of play from a traditional offense under Orton to a college offense for Tebow, the offensive line handled like pros and they will be better next year. I put thier WR corps up against anybody's. Decker lead the league in yards last season before Tebow showed up, and you haven't even begun to see what Thomas can do. Look it up, towards the end of the season as he got healthy he was unstoppable during the few time's Tebow actually pulled the trigger. (see Vikings game). Codwell was a nice addition too. Oh, Manning had a better running game in Indy, really? Do you even watch football?

The defense has far more talented than you give the credit for as well. There are players slotted this year that you have no idea who they are, but after this season you will know them very well. Keep in mind, the defense has had 6different cordinators in 6 years. Although they, yet again, have a another new DC this season, John Fox is the staple and the defense finally has stability there for the first time in a very long time (Del Rio, who was Fox's DC during his SB run in Carolina, isn't a bad pick up either) Denver offensively broke a records last year for the most in a season, and most consecutive, 3-and-outs. If you had paid any attention last season beyond the final two-mins of "tebow time", you would know that the defense carried them 90-95 percent of time. Thier defense is good.

I think the reason why fans of other AFC-W teams spend thier time talking about Denver is because deep down you all really know that the presence of Manning makes all the units better, ie., the presence of a passing game, and a 30-point per game offense, will make the defense that much better. If you're a fantasy owner - Eric Decker, career year! And let me save the suspense for you. Yes, Manning is 100% Manning. John Lynch had the same neck injury and same doctor who treated and cleared both Lynch and Manning. Lynch played 4 great seasons with Denver - including an AFC championship game. With Manning's ability to get rid of the ball and the NFL's protection of QBs, there is no reason to believe Manning wont be starting for Denver for at least 4 years. So you stop kidding yourselves about him not playing. He's a Broncos, and it will be Manning being Manning for a forseeable while. You may not "see it" all you want here in May; however, come September I have a sneaking suspicion it will be pretty pretty pretty clear for ya.

Oh and btw, DJ Williams will not be with the team next season, and your assessment of the Rahim Moore is pretty funny as well - he will be lucky to make the team.

Rasputin
05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Manning will have a big case of jitters and his barking out calls will result in more false starts for them, especially when they come to Arrowhead. It's a total different offense for the team to adjust too after how they ran with TjhcT.

Hoover
05-02-2012, 06:36 PM
What happens when the Manning led Broncos on't make the playoffs a year after Tebow took them there.

Seriously, that team does not scare me. If Manning is the Manning of old they will score some points, but he doesn't have the talent that his Super Bowl teams had. And I just don't think Manning is going to be the Manning we remember.

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Let's watch this year and take this conversation up again at the end of the season.How's the trolling been? Catch anything good?

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Also, Eric Decker > Demaryius Thomas

scorpio
05-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Hope springs eternal in the human breast

BDB
05-02-2012, 06:47 PM
What happens when the Manning led Broncos on't make the playoffs a year after Tebow took them there.

Seriously, that team does not scare me. If Manning is the Manning of old they will score some points, but he doesn't have the talent that his Super Bowl teams had. And I just don't think Manning is going to be the Manning we remember.

Didn't the Indy team that just finished 2-14 go to the Super Bowl the year before?:hmmm:

Direckshun
05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I love how you spent all that time on a team you "don't see it" on. The funny thing is these type of posts are littered across Charger and Raiders boards as well. KC, OAK, and SD fans really only have a few more months of any hope for the next few years, so I guess its a natural reaction among fans.

It's a football board. Talking football is what we do.

That, of course, and poop threads.

Welcome to Chiefsplanet, n00b. May your stay be frought with delight, and your turds be hard and misshapen.

Broncos finished 8-8, and won a playoff game, with a pass-less QB last year. They beat the chiefs with 2 completions and 8 attempts for crying out loud. The offensive line is top 5 in the league, period. Yeah they gave up a lot of sacks, but Tebow held the ball waiting for his 1st read to get open most of the time. Also, in the midst of a season changing styles of play from a traditional offense under Orton to a college offense for Tebow, the offensive line handled like pros and they will be better next year. I put thier WR corps up against anybody's. Decker lead the league in yards last season before Tebow showed up, and you haven't even begun to see what Thomas can do. Look it up, towards the end of the season as he got healthy he was unstoppable during the few time's Tebow actually pulled the trigger. (see Vikings game). Codwell was a nice addition too. Oh, Manning had a better running game in Indy, really? Do you even watch football?

I highlighted the only parts in your impressive wall of words that didn't involve living in Tebow-land last season.

I like Decker and Thomas, and I think they can do tons when defenses hike their safeties up. But since everybody who plays you will be dropping 8, well, you better hope your San Diego State rookie you traded up for is a hell of a checkdown option.

By the way, the Colts were racked up something ungodly in rushing yards the year they won the Super Bowl.

A halfway decent run game. Manning can't leave home without it.

But this is my favorite part of your whole post:

I think the reason why fans of other AFC-W teams spend thier time talking about Denver is because deep down you all really know that the presence of Manning makes all the units better, ie., the presence of a passing game, and a 30-point per game offense, will make the defense that much better. If you're a fantasy owner - Eric Decker, career year! And let me save the suspense for you. Yes, Manning is 100% Manning.

Deep down, what I know is that the 2012 Broncos are basically the 2010 Colts with a shitty run game and a vulnerable defense you did basically nothing to repair.

But hey, there's always the future. How's Osweiler look in orange? You loving that 30-second release?

keg in kc
05-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I see them as a really bad team with a great QB (if he can play and stay healthy).

Sort of the polar opposite of us.

scorpio
05-02-2012, 06:51 PM

ROFL

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 06:52 PM

And if Baldwin isn't starting this year, failpick.

Hoover
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
yeah, pre-neck and arm injury.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I bet we pick off at least 6 Manning passes next year.

Romeo owned PM when he was at full strength....what do you think his defense is gonna do to a manning with muscle atrophy in his throwing arm and coming off a broken neck and a full year off the field?

I can't wait.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 06:58 PM

STFU

We are hating on Denver.

You need your own seperate Chiefs Hate thread.

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
& when Manning does his I got pee dance
he's realy, really gotta pee :skip:

BDB
05-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I like Decker and Thomas, and I think they can do tons when defenses hike their safeties up. But since everybody who plays you will be dropping 8, well, you better hope your San Diego State rookie you traded up for is a hell of a checkdown option.

By the way, the Colts were racked up something ungodly in rushing yards the year they won the Super Bowl.A halfway decent run game. Manning can't leave home without it.

But this is my favorite part of your whole post:

Deep down, what I know is that the 2012 Broncos are basically the 2010 Colts with a shitty run game and a vulnerable defense you did basically nothing to repair.

But hey, there's always the future. How's Osweiler look in orange? You loving that 30-second release?

Once, again Decker lead the league with Orton at QB and Denver was near the top in passing attemps. With Orton at QB, teams may not have dropped 8 but they did play the pass more than the run. Also, do you really believe Manning vs 8 men in coverage was all his steller WRs in Indy? Come on, man!

Denver is lead the league in rushing vs defenses that did nothing BUT play man coverage, so I'm betting that 8 men deep will be very a welcomed sight to Denver.

Ungodly rushing yards? Half-way decent running game? Dude, do you just make this sh!t up as you go along? Indy ranked THIRTY-SECOND in rushing in 2009, the year they lost the SB. And 29th in 2010. Since they trade Edgrin James, Manning has never had a running game Indy. Don't be an asshat, look it up before you spew your crap. It's only going to make this season that much more painful for ya if you don't at least try to dabble a little bit in reality.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Open your eyes.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Open your eyes.

coming from you, that's rather cute.

Okie_Apparition
05-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I guess we need to smooch up to Rivers & Palmer too : pissoff:

Chiefaholic
05-02-2012, 07:39 PM

That's funny... Your parents basically said the same thing about you moving out and becoming a man this year. I certainly hope you don't disappoint them again....

ImuMamalukabubuday
05-02-2012, 07:39 PM
decker had 266 yards through 5 games...for an average of less that 55 yards per game. I'm pretty sure that didn't lead the league in anything. what stats are you looking at?

whoman69
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
This is going to be the least talented team that Manning has ever been on. We saw how bad the Colts were without him. Their run game will be non-existent, but that doesn't matter to Manning. Their defense is going to revert in some ways, but Dumerville and Miller may suit more the get after the QB when you have a lead team that he had in Indy. Dawkins loss will hurt and Bailey is a year older. Last year he couldn't cover Bowe, but when Bowe went down he blanketed everyone else he covered. Bowe won't have Orton throwing to him either.

-King-
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Once, again Decker lead the league with Orton at QB and Denver was near the top in passing attemps. With Orton at QB, teams may not have dropped 8 but they did play the pass more than the run. Also, do you really believe Manning vs 8 men in coverage was all his steller WRs in Indy? Come on, man!

Denver is lead the league in rushing vs defenses that did nothing BUT play man coverage, so I'm betting that 8 men deep will be very a welcomed sight to Denver.

Ungodly rushing yards? Half-way decent running game? Dude, do you just make this sh!t up as you go along? Indy ranked THIRTY-SECOND in rushing in 2009, the year they lost the SB. And 29th in 2010. Since they trade Edgrin James, Manning has never had a running game Indy. Don't be an asshat, look it up before you spew your crap. It's only going to make this season that much more painful for ya if you don't at least try to dabble a little bit in reality.

Denver led the league in rushing because their quarterback was really a running back. Not because their running backs were actually good.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
They went 8-8 and won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow at QB.

Hard to see them doing any worse with virtually the same team, but replacing Tebow with an elite QB.

Simplicity
05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Broncos blow... /thread

MahiMike
05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
The most brilliant thing about the Manning pickup was that Elway was able to get rid of Tebow with little complaint. Even if it doesn't work out, he's still ahead.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Denver led the league in rushing because their quarterback was really a running back. Not because their running backs were actually good.

McGahee ran for 1200 yards - good for 8th overall and 4th in AFC.

Obviously, Tebow running for 600+ is why they led the league, but to imply their backs were bad is ridiculous.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 08:02 PM
They went 8-8 and won a playoff game last year with Tim Tebow at QB.

Hard to see them doing any worse with virtually the same team, but replacing Tebow with an elite QB.

I understand and even can get behind that a bit... but statistically speaking, they benefitted from, in baseball terms, an EXTREMELY (and unsustainably) HIGH BABIP. you have to assume that they'll return to the mean by at LEAST a bit, and lose several more than they should win (rather than vice versa like they did last year).

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I understand and even can get behind that a bit... but statistically speaking, they benefitted from, in baseball terms, an EXTREMELY HIGH BABIP. you have to assume that they'll return to the mean by at LEAST a bit, and lose several more than they should win (rather than vice versa like they did last year).

Normally, I'd agree. But QB play in this league trumps all.

If healthy, Manning will make these fringe players better.

Hell, Demaryius Thomas racked up 300 yards in two playoff games with Tebow throwing him the ball.

It'll be interesting to watch, that's for sure.

notorious
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Denver played a mediocre schedule last year.

Offenses played conservative, since Denver's offense was shit. Against Manning the other teams are going to attack again.

I see them going 8-8 again.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:14 PM

Offenses played conservative, since Denver's offense was shit. Against Manning the other teams are going to attack again.

:spock:

The played the exact same "difficult" schedule we did - save two games.

And their two extra opponents combined for an 18-14 record, while ours combined for a 14-18 record.

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
You don't just plug in Manning, do a training camp and some preseason games, and then go.

That's a complicated offense they'll be running, and a lot of the direction is going to have to come from Manning himself. Mike McCoy, while a fantastic offensive coordinator, is unfamiliar with this playbook and can only do so much.

I'm disappointed we don't have any early games against the Broncos, because I think they'll be weak and vulnerable to start the season. As the year progresses, however, they'll finally start to click if Manning is at full strength.

Time will tell if they can click into an offensive groove and be what the Colts were come the playoffs. It may very well take two seasons to see the full potential of that team.

notorious
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
:spock:

The played the exact same "difficult" schedule we did - save two games.

And their two extra opponents combined for an 18-14 record, while ours combined for a 14-18 record.

I didn't say shit about our schedule.

-King-
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
McGahee ran for 1200 yards - good for 8th overall and 4th in AFC.

Obviously, Tebow running for 600+ is why they led the league, but to imply their backs were bad is ridiculous.

McGahee and Knowshon are average backs. Well, McGahee is an average back. Knowshon is terrible.

notorious
05-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Denver is a much better franchise overall then KC, though.

In time they will eventually go back to SB's while the Chiefs are left with their dicks in hand.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I didn't say shit about our schedule.

No, you didn't.

However, the majority of this board uses the "7-9 against a tough schedule missing our two best players" excuse quite often, so this needed to be pointed out.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:23 PM
McGahee and Knowshon are average backs. Well, McGahee is an average back. Knowshon is terrible.

Agreed on Knowshon, but 8th in the league (WM) isn't anything to sneeze at.

If calling the 4th leading rusher in the AFC "average" makes you feel better about him playing for a rival, so be it.

notorious
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM
No, you didn't.

However, the majority of this board uses the "7-9 against a tough schedule missing our two best players" excuse quite often, so this needed to be pointed out.

I got it, and you are 100% correct, that is a common excuse.

Denver is probably going to be better then us because they have the one component that matters. If he is healthy, they will be tough to beat.

Teams will play them differently, though. The opposition will attack knowing that they have to keep up. The defense will take a step back IMO.

Let's not forget the "Peyton" factor, which is the fact that the officials will bend over backwards to protect him, and Denver will probably get a lot of ticky-tack defensive holding and PI calls to go their way.

-King-
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM

If calling the 4th leading rusher in the AFC "average" makes you feel better about him playing for a rival, so be it.

670 yards
540 yards
380 yards
1200 yards

Those are his last 4 years. He's average.

Shit, Peyton Hillis puts up comparable stats.

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM

If calling the 4th leading rusher in the AFC "average" makes you feel better about him playing for a rival, so be it.Do you think Baltimore used him as a short yardage back only just to be dicks, then? Or did they just think LeRon McClain was that much better? After all, when the Ravens were short on RBs that year, they turned to McClain to start some games, and favored him OVER McGahee.

The Ravens have been wrong about RBs plenty of times before, so it's possible they were just idiots, I guess.

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Let's not forget the "Peyton" factor, which is the fact that the officials will bend over backwards to protect him, and Denver will probably get a lot of ticky-tack defensive holding and PI calls to go their way.Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all :grr:

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
PFF gave the Donks run blocking a shitty grade last year.

It's entirely possible, without the option threat, their running game goes to shit.

Marcellus
05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
No, you didn't.

The same board that claimed before the season 7-9 would be a success with that schedule?

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Let's not forget the "Peyton" factor, which is the fact that the officials will bend over backwards to protect him, and Denver will probably get a lot of ticky-tack defensive holding and PI calls to go their way.Oh, I'm preparing myself for the ridiculous roughing calls Manning will get.

O.city
05-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I know our qb situation is shitty, but damn I hope Romeo turns Tamba, Houston, Berry, DJ, Poe, etc lose when we play the Broncos.

If we aren't gonna outscore em, lets knock the shit out of the guy.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
670 yards
540 yards
380 yards
1200 yards

Those are his last 4 years. He's average.

Shit, Peyton Hillis puts up comparable stats.

When he's gotten the bulk of the work, he's been consistently good.

Best YPC of his career last year. If you give him 240+ carries, he's given back 1100+ yards 4 out of 5 seasons.

Why would you even think about including 2009 and 2010? He didn't get more than 110 carries in either season. Pretty disingenuous.

O.city
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
At his age, after having the year he di last year carries wise, I'd think he might drop off a touch.

JD10367
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
IF Peyton is 100% healthy--and that's a huge "if"--he immediately makes them a legitimate playoff contender. But they're no Super Bowl locks. And their schedule is frigging brutal. They start with the Steelers, @ Falcons, Texans, Raiders, @ Pats, and @ Chargers. Even with a healthy Peyton, that team could be 1-5 by their bye week. And games after that include @ Cincy, the Chargers again, the Chiefs twice, and @ Baltimore.

-King-
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Best YPC of his career last year. If you give him 240+ carries, he's given back 1100+ yards 4 out of 5 seasons.

Why would you even think about including 2009 and 2010? He didn't get more than 110 carries in either season. Pretty disingenuous.

He's not even a top 20 RB. He's average.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 08:40 PM
The same board that claimed before the season 7-9 would be a success with that schedule?

Yep. Before last season, a lot here said 7-9 and that was with a full roster.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
At his age, after having the year he di last year carries wise, I'd think he might drop off a touch.

There's always that possibility. Hell, Chris Johnson is still young and he fell off the fucking map last year. Could happen to any RB.

Not something you can predict, sounds more like wishful thinking on your part.

Again, we'll see. Should be an interesting division this year.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
He's not even a top 20 RB. He's average.

ROFL

OK. I guess last year was a fluke.

Just like every other year in which he received 200+ carries.

Marcellus
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Manning will outplay Cassel and KC will still win more games. That's my prediction. Oh and neither team wins a SB which is the goal of course.

Manning has been the best or top 3 in the game most of his career and has 1 SB win. It's not ALL about the QB, it does take a team and Denver, well they ain't that team.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Manning will outplay Cassel and KC will still win more games. That's my prediction. Oh and neither team wins a SB which is the goal of course.

Manning has been the best or top 3 in the game most of his career and has 1 SB win. It's not ALL about the QB, it does take a team and Denver, well they ain't that team.

We can agree on this, for sure.

-King-
05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
ROFL

OK. I guess last year was a fluke.

Just like every other year in which he received 200+ carries.

RBs that are for sure better:

Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Maurice Jones Drew
Chris Johnson
Michael Turner
DeAngelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Darren Sproles
Fred Jackson
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Darren McFadden
Ryan Mathews
Beanie Wells
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson

Am I wrong on any of these? I might have even left off a few.

And he's averaged 4.1 yards in those years he's had 200+ carries. Hardly a great number.

Marcellus
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
We can agree on this, for sure.

Cool. Let me ask you this.

Had Manning come to KC do you think he would have had a legit chance at winning a SB in the next 3 years?

Simplicity
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Omfg... Denver blows. /thread. Lock this shit up.

Just Passin' By
05-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Didn't the Indy team that just finished 2-14 go to the Super Bowl the year before?:hmmm:

No

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Cool. Let me ask you this.

Had Manning come to KC do you think he would have had a legit chance at winning a SB in the next 3 years?

A much better chance, but I don't think we have the depth necessary.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
RBs that are for sure better:

Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Adrian Peterson
Arian Foster
Maurice Jones Drew
Chris Johnson
Michael Turner
DeAngelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Darren Sproles
Fred Jackson
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Darren McFadden
Ryan Mathews
Beanie Wells
Frank Gore
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson

Am I wrong on any of these? I might have even left off a few.

And he's averaged 4.1 yards in those years he's had 200+ carries. Hardly a great number.

Only 7 of those guys were better last year. If you want to devalue him because he plays for Denver, feel free. Just be honest about doing so.

O.city
05-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Do you think he will get 200 plus carries in a PM offense this year?

Easy 6
It may not jump right out at first... but by midseason this defense will be a SICK handful for every offense it faces, and that certainly includes dinver.

Yes, Manning will make those receivers look better than they are, just like he did in Indy, but it wont be to the same extent, no WAY he hasnt lost velocity on his medium to deep ball, he's going to have to be more of a dink-dunk player than ever before.

But the best part imo, is this front seven against that O line... Peyton better hope his release is as quick as ever, which it probably wont be.

This KC D is going to be nasty, you can etch that in stone.

Marcellus

That is quit possible. Thing is Manning went to where he is most comfortable, not where he has the best chance to win.

For such a "competitor" that seems odd. I think he is done, just wanted a place to be happy and pad stats. No way you look at Denver and think that's my best chance to win it all. If he was looking for that he goes to SF. Dude is over his skis at this point.

-King-
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Only 7 of those guys were better last year. If you want to devalue him because he plays for Denver, feel free. Just be honest about doing so.

How in the fuck are any of those guys not better than McGahee? Which ones specifically do you not agree on? I feel like laughing.

Can't believe you think McGahee is better than 15 of the backs I listed.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
That is quit possible. Thing is Manning went to where he is most comfortable, not where he has the best chance to win.

For such a "competitor" that seems odd. I think he is done, just wanted a place to be happy and pad stats. No way you look at Denver and think that's my best chance to win it all. If he was looking for that he goes to SF. Dude is over his skis at this point.

I think it's obvious there was an issue with either our front office, our coaching staff, or both.

I don't think he sniffs a SB in Denver, but keep in mind - this isn't a one shot deal. He'll get a few cracks at it, and they'll try to improve the roster - which isn't nearly as weak as people here claim it is.

Easy 6
05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
IF Peyton is 100% healthy--and that's a huge "if"--he immediately makes them a legitimate playoff contender. But they're no Super Bowl locks. And their schedule is frigging brutal. They start with the Steelers, @ Falcons, Texans, Raiders, @ Pats, and @ Chargers. Even with a healthy Peyton, that team could be 1-5 by their bye week. And games after that include @ Cincy, the Chargers again, the Chiefs twice, and @ Baltimore.

The second sentence is my favorite, that IS a killer schedule.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
How in the fuck are any of those guys not better than McGahee? Which ones specifically do you not agree on? I feel like laughing.

Can't believe you think McGahee is better than 15 of the backs I listed.

He was better than those 15 backs LAST YEAR.

Not sure how much clearer I can be there.

-King-
05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
He was better than those 15 backs LAST YEAR.

Not sure how much clearer I can be there.

So all that proves is that he had one above average year last year. My point still stands. There are 20+ backs better than him on a year in-year out basis.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:14 PM
So all that proves is that he had one above average year last year. My point still stands. There are 20+ backs better than him on a year in-year out basis.

Wow.

Finishing 8th in rushing, tied for 4th in YPC with LeSean McCoy, is just "above average."

Yeah, you're not biased.

Holy shit.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM

He is a hell of a lot better than if he was a Chief.

Amirite?

Really though, dudes stats were inflated last year because they ran the fucking option. Same as Ronnie Browns averages and yardage was effected when they rant the wildcat.

Dude is a dime a dozen back and I can't believe you're pimping him.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
He is a hell of a lot better than if he was a Chief.

Amirite?

Actually, the other way around.

He's being discredited because he plays for a rival.

FWIW, I'd love to have WM as a Chief.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
He was considered a brokedick before Tebow and the option last year.

Smells like a fluke if you ask me.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM

I'd like him as a Chief, too...but I think Hillis can be an equally effective runner and I can say he is an average back, too.

He probably offers more than McGahee does, tbh.

Neither guy is better than the 15th best back in the league...if we are gonna make a case for one or the other, I'd probably take McGahee, but only due to fumbles PH had in 2010....if he eliminates those, he is by far the better of the two.

Btw...he is our second or third best back we have....Willis is their clear cut best back and he is nothing you have to prepare specially for.

Pablo
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Color me unimpressed with WM's career.

One season in the wildcat isn't enough to make me pine for the guy.

veist
05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
PFF gave the Donks run blocking a shitty grade last year.

It's entirely possible, without the option threat, their running game goes to shit.

I think its pretty clear that their OL was a hot pile of suck from top to bottom last year and without the option they'd have been toast. Even with the option when they ran up against a D that played disciplined and stuck with their assignments they were toast because Tebow couldn't beat anyone with his arm.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 09:29 PM
You know what? Fuck that, I'd probably take Hillis due to age and lacking wear on the tires.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
mcgahee was written off when the ravens got rid of him. his numbers before tebow became the QB and they switched to the gimmick offense were as follows (stats from nfl.com)

69 carries, 249 yards, one touchdown (we're ignoring receiving stats, but they aren't that great)

that's an average of 3.6 yards per carry. at that point, the ravens were justified (and yeah, he DID have exactly two games of over 100 yards, at 101 and 103)

AFTER tebow came in and they went option, his numbers were as follows:

180 carries, 950 yards, three touchdowns... that's an average of ~5.28 yards per carry. five more 100 yard rushing games.

you're kidding yourself if you say that their gimmick offense didn't completely give mcgahee a boost (and likely mask a guy who isn't what he used to be, and WOULD be in a non-gimmick offense)

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
You know what? Fuck that, I'd probably take Hillis due to age and lacking wear on the tires.

Age is the only thing PH has in his favor, IMO.

I think WM absolutely has the advantage when it comes to the locker room/leadership.

Hillis has had one good season. McGhee has had several. As pointed out, if you give him the bulk of the work, he performs well.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
he's in thomas fucking jones territory in an actual nfl offense.

Pablo
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Neither Hillis or McGahee excite me.

Put a real RB like Charles in some gimmick offense and he might break the rushing record.

-King-
mcgahee was written off when the ravens got rid of him. his numbers before tebow became the QB and they switched to the gimmick offense were as follows (stats from nfl.com)

69 carries, 249 yards, one touchdown (we're ignoring receiving stats, but they aren't that great)

that's an average of 3.6 yards per carry. at that point, the ravens were justified (and yeah, he DID have exactly two games of over 100 yards, at 101 and 103)

180 carries, 950 yards, three touchdowns... that's an average of ~5.28 yards per carry. five more 100 yard rushing games.

you're kidding yourself if you say that their gimmick offense didn't completely give mcgahee a boost (and likely mask a guy who isn't what he used to be, and WOULD be in a non-gimmick offense)

:clap:

OnTheWarpath15

And now defenses have an elite QB to defend.

Is that going to be considered a gimmick too?

If he stays healthy, I see no reason why he ancient put up 1200 again.

Boss? Your thoughts?

BossChief
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Age is the only thing PH has in his favor, IMO.

I think WM absolutely has the advantage when it comes to the locker room/leadership.

Hillis has had one good season. McGhee has had several. As pointed out, if you give him the bulk of the work, he performs well.

I bet Hillis has more combined yards than McGahee next year.

It's really amazing the guy even plays football at this level for so many years after that injury in that bowl game.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM

Boss? Your thoughts?

OL still has to block.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 09:38 PM

Boss? Your thoughts?

didn't seem to help joseph addai too much, did it? didn't help donald brown either.

kcbubb
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM

The defense has far more talented than you give the credit for as well. There are players slotted this year that you have no idea who they are, but after this season you will know them very well. Keep in mind, the defense has had 6different cordinators in 6 years. Although they, yet again, have a another new DC this season, John Fox is the staple and the defense finally has stability there for the first time in a very long time (Del Rio, who was Fox's DC during his SB run in Carolina, isn't a bad pick up either) Denver offensively broke a records last year for the most in a season, and most consecutive, 3-and-outs. If you had paid any attention last season beyond the final two-mins of "tebow time", you would know that the defense carried them 90-95 percent of time. Thier defense is good.

I think the reason why fans of other AFC-W teams spend thier time talking about Denver is because deep down you all really know that the presence of Manning makes all the units better, ie., the presence of a passing game, and a 30-point per game offense, will make the defense that much better. If you're a fantasy owner - Eric Decker, career year! And let me save the suspense for you. Yes, Manning is 100% Manning. John Lynch had the same neck injury and same doctor who treated and cleared both Lynch and Manning. Lynch played 4 great seasons with Denver - including an AFC championship game. With Manning's ability to get rid of the ball and the NFL's protection of QBs, there is no reason to believe Manning wont be starting for Denver for at least 4 years. So you stop kidding yourselves about him not playing. He's a Broncos, and it will be Manning being Manning for a forseeable while. You may not "see it" all you want here in May; however, come September I have a sneaking suspicion it will be pretty pretty pretty clear for ya.

Oh and btw, DJ Williams will not be with the team next season, and your assessment of the Rahim Moore is pretty funny as well - he will be lucky to make the team.

I am afraid that this guy is right. Sad that we may not go to the playoffs for a while. We could be like the the texans when manning was with the colts.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 09:41 PM
didn't seem to help joseph addai too much, did it? didn't help donald brown either.

Mcgahee's a better back than both, and Indy never ran the ball. They didn't need to.

Denver doesn't have Wayne, Garçon and Clark. They're going to have to be able to run the ball.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 09:41 PM

Boss? Your thoughts?

I see him in the 800-1000 yard mark if he stays healthy and Peyton is able to stretch the defense....which I don't think will happen next year.

He might have a career receiving year, though.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Mcgahee's a better back than both, and Indy never ran the ball. They didn't need to.

Denver doesn't have Wayne, Garçon and Clark. They're going to have to be able to run the ball.

you have to go back to 2007 to find a 1000 yard rusher in a peyton manning offense. their offense, it seems, really relied on RBBC. I'm sure he can eek out some yards, but he won't be running at a 5.3 yard per carry clip. just a guess, but... 4.3 ypc, 220 attempts, 946 yards. nothing spectacular, nothing to freak out about.

Chief3188
05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
In this division, I think Manning makes us the favorite. We'll find out quickly what he can do with our receivers. I think he ends up putting the ball right where it needs to be on a consistent basis and they end up looking better. I know Tebow struggled with these guys but that's not all on him. They were making mistakes out there too last season and they're not going to have Tebow as an easy excuse for poor play this year. The promising thing is that they are relatively inexperienced. Just having him there should back guys off of the LOS. That should help the run game. They'll need it because, as you said, the interior O-Line is weak.

Sure the Broncos have holes. The biggest question on D is how much our old DC had to do with their successes. Other than the coach our D doesn't look much different. I am not expecting any kind of substantial improvement there. I am interested in rookie DT Wolfe. DT's tend not have much impact but he does look like a good fit for us as an UT. I don't know. I'm expecting more of the same from our D and a distinct upgrade in points scored from our O. I also expect Manning to do a better (well, MUCH BETTER) job of managing the game then Tebow did. I would not be surprised if the Broncos get 10 or 11 wins, win the division and win a home playoff game this year. I would be surprised if the won less than 10 or if they won more than 1 playoff game.

I went to the University of Cincinnati back in the day when basketball reigned supreme and we had Bob Huggins and Kenyon Martin tearing it up. But since the football program started having some relevancy with Brian Kelly (Also known as the douchebag who left his team high and dry with no coach for the sugar bowl against tebow and company which I went to since I know live in New Orleans) I started watching a lot of the football games, but anyway to get to the point I saw a lot of Wolfe and I think you guys got one of the better pass rushing 4-3 DT's in the draft.

But after that compliment to a team that I hate I must balance it out and declare that Tamba Hali the Liberian Lunatic will destroy Manning's neck and bury the donks if Manning even makes it that long LMAO

Easy 6
05-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Yea **** it i give up too... an old, highly skilled artisan is already crafting WM's bust for the Hall... a running back in his ninth year is going to slay the WORLD, he's gotta be better than anyone we possibly have.

:sulk:

manchambo
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I really don't.

The Manning thing was a stroke of genius, if only because John Elway has the benefit of being Manning's idol. I tell you what, if I was a future Hall of Fame basketball player, and none of you know me so let's just say I am, I'd probably be more inclined to play for the Pacers under Larry Bird (favorite player of all time) than on a small market playoff team like the Memphis Grizzlies.

I think the Broncos, with that acquisition, are about to have themselves a Top 5 passing game in the NFL.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure that's all this team is.

The offensive line is not close to being fixed. Orlando Franklin has been serviceable on the right side, but is not an Eric Winston world beater at the position. And unless they move Franklin inside, their interior line is a joke. Beadles looks like he's getting another year sucking it up at RG, and it looks like JD Walton will be sucking it up at C yet again, because I honestly don't think Phillip Blake unseats him. And if he does, we'll take 680 lbs of nose tackle and shove it up right up the rook's nose.

Which would mean a ton if they had a demonic run game to threaten defenses with -- which, ding ding ding, you guessed it: it's average. Willis McGahee was running like a wildman when Tebow was under center, but they couldn't move the ball against the Chiefs bottom-third run defense late in the year. The only reinforcements they've brought in? A scatback from San Diego State, Ronnie Hillman.

I've no doubt that teams will drop eight, giving the Donks a chance to run better, but it's nothing a stout defensive line and a fast linebacker corps can't rectify.

Their defensive line continues to underwhelm me up the middle -- I like what they have coming off the edges, but I think you can run right at Dumervil and Ayers (I regard Miller as the real deal). I've never been a big DJ Williams fan, just plays too much like Derrick Johnson from the Vermeil days for me to get too excited about.

Their secondary has some talent. Bailey is an All Pro in his twilight years, and I love that safety they drafted from UCLA last year. But Porter has spent the past year or two getting his ass handed to him in New Orleans, and their rookie corner is coming off a devastating injury and is going to take a year or two to develop anyway.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... the Broncos are looking a lot now like the Colts did in the latter Manning years: all pass game with an average run game, with a shit defense apart from two passrushers.

It was a successful strategy in Indianapolis, when the run game was better. The offensive line was better. The defense was better.

And the quarterback was younger, stronger, not a year out of football, one hit away from being sidelined.

In which case, we'll either see a lanky-ass rookie with a Tebow-style delivery, or Caleb Hanie, who we beat in 2011 with Tyler Palko under center.

Sorry folks, don't see it.

Where does "shit defense" come from? Most statistical rankings were around 10-11 last year. Basically a solid top third defense. And no reason not to expect some modest improvement there with replacing Goodman, adding Wolfe, hopefully getting Warren healthy and a year under Von Miller's belt.

On the offensive side, the biggest upgrade after Manning is the addition of two good receiving tight ends, vast upgrades over anything on the roster last year. Paired with two very promising receivers (who admittedly have not yet firmly established themselves) it would seem that Peyton will have plenty of targets.

A Super Bowl favorite? Of course not. A favorite to win the same division they won last year where none of the other teams has done anything remarkable to improve? Of course.

Finally, I see people say here again and again that Manning is "one hit away." Has anyone with any actual knowledge of the subject actually suggested that his neck is appreciably weaker? If so I haven't seen it, and I doubt that he could pass a physical, or that he would take the risk, if there really was a substantially heightened risk of his neck breaking.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
McGahee is damn good. He doesn't have the speed that some of the elite RB's in the league have but he is a tough runner and knows exactly where to go when he is carrying the ball. He is easily the best RB Manning has played with since Edge.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
McGahee is damn good. He doesn't have the speed that some of the elite RB's in the league have but he is a tough runner and knows exactly where to go when he is carrying the ball. He is easily the best RB Manning has played with since Edge.

boy, you're really going a long fucking way with that one.

Just Passin' By
05-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Where does "shit defense" come from? Most statistical rankings were around 10-11 last year. Basically a solid top third defense. And no reason not to expect some modest improvement there with replacing Goodman, adding Wolfe, hopefully getting Warren healthy and a year under Von Miller's belt.

On the offensive side, the biggest upgrade after Manning is the addition of two good receiving tight ends, vast upgrades over anything on the roster last year. Paired with two very promising receivers (who admittedly have not yet firmly established themselves) it would seem that Peyton will have plenty of targets.

A Super Bowl favorite? Of course not. A favorite to win the same division they won last year where none of the other teams has done anything remarkable to improve? Of course.

Finally, I see people say here again and again that Manning is "one hit away." Has anyone with any actual knowledge of the subject actually suggested that his neck is appreciably weaker? If so I haven't seen it, and I doubt that he could pass a physical, or that he would take the risk, if there really was a substantially heightened risk of his neck breaking.

The Chiefs added a talented RT, drafted a behemoth to play the NT, and should get back some of their very best players, who were basically lost for the whole year. That should be quite a bit of improvement.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
You know what? **** that, I'd probably take Hillis due to age and lacking wear on the tires.

Hillis won't last in the NFL. Not with the way he runs the ball. And Willis actually has very little wear on his tires for a 30 year old RB. Last year was the first year since 2007 that he had over 170 carries in a season.

Setsuna
05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Sooo you hate Tebow?

Also, Eric Decker > Demaryius Thomas
He has stone hands. You dumb, bro.

Dave Lane
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM

Stop drinking so much. Its clouding your judgement

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Vailpass is right about Baldwin.

All he did last year was break his hand, have one very good game, and drop a shit ton of balls the rest of the time.

He is talented, but this is very much a year where he needs to prove something. 40+ catches, 700+ yards and 4-5 TD would ease a lot of fears.

okcchief
05-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I fear Manning if healthy. However, I really thought once they signed him they would go all in to get weapons around him. Let's remember the talent on this offense didn't excel until they went to a ball control offense and the defense didn't excel until they we're kept off the field for long stretches. I know Manning can make players better but I think the jury is out.

The one thing I know for sure is he could have put himself in a much better position to win and I'll never understand his decision.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 10:49 PM

All he did last year was break his hand, have one very good game, and drop a shit ton of balls the rest of the time.

He is talented, but this is very much a year where he needs to prove something. 40+ catches, 700+ yards and 4-5 TD would ease a lot of fears.

I won't argue about Baldwin, but he's saying Bowe is a #2. That's crazy.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Demaryius Thomas is LOVED by the scouting community and people have said he can get separation better than any WR in the league. DT flashed huge upside in his very first game as a rookie and really came on strong in the latter part of the year last year. The only thing that can keep him from being a top 3 WR in the NFL is injuries.

manchambo
05-02-2012, 10:53 PM
The Chiefs added a talented RT, drafted a behemoth to play the NT, and should get back some of their very best players, who were basically lost for the whole year. That should be quite a bit of improvement.

I don't doubt they'll improve some. But nothing comparable to adding one of the best qbs of all time.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Demaryius Thomas is LOVED by the scouting community and people have said he can get separation better than any WR in the league. DT flashed huge upside in his very first game as a rookie and really came on strong in the latter part of the year last year. The only thing that can keep him from being a top 3 WR in the NFL is injuries.

Welcher

Setsuna
05-02-2012, 10:55 PM

I actually agree with knomo on this one. Yall will see. DT will be boss if stays healthy. Well nvm, I take that back. Manning will use his TEs and Decker 90% of the time. DT won't get near as many targets, they should trade him to the Chiefs straight up for Baldwin.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM

derrick thomas doesn't play WR for the broncos. get the fuck out of here with that shit.

and top 3 WRs? he'll NEVER be in the same stratosphere as calvin johnson, andre johnson or larry fitzgerald.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 10:57 PM

I feel sorry for your mother.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I feel sorry for your mother.

don't feel too bad, he's worth quite a bit with that monthly social security check that his mother receives for his being mentally retarded and unable to hold an adult job.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 10:59 PM
don't feel too bad, he's worth quite a bit with that monthly social security check that his mother receives for his being mentally retarded and unable to hold an adult job.

granted, pop tarts, hot pockets and chocolate milk WOULD get expensive after a while.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I won't argue about Baldwin, but he's saying Bowe is a #2. That's crazy.

Well, he says dumb things.

RealSNR
He has stone hands. You dumb, bro.Yes, I know Demaryius Thomas has stone hands, but we're not talking about him. We're talking about Decker.

Thomas dropped 6 last year. I don't even see Decker on this list.

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=

Quesadilla Joe
derrick thomas doesn't play WR for the broncos. get the **** out of here with that shit.

and top 3 WRs? he'll NEVER be in the same stratosphere as calvin johnson, andre johnson or larry fitzgerald.

He has all the tools those guys have. He is a 6'3'' 230 pound behemoth with 4.3 speed and unbelievable agility for a guy his size. He would have been a top 10 pick if he played at college that actually threw the ball.

Bowser

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HfE1Ip2wot4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM

He is talented, but this is very much a year where he needs to prove something. 40+ catches, 700+ yards and 4-5 TD would ease a lot of fears.If he plays 16 games there's no fucking way he doesn't get those numbers.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
He has all the tools those guys have. He is a 6'3'' 230 pound behemoth with 4.3 speed and unbelievable agility for a guy his size. He would have been a top 10 pick if he played at college that actually threw the ball.

and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

we don't live in pretend world (well, the rest of us don't).

Bowser
05-02-2012, 11:03 PM

Yeah, that really held Calvin Johnson back in the draft, too.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that really held Calvin Johnson back in the draft, too.

Calvin Johnson played in Chan Gailey's offense. DT never played for Chan Gailey.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 11:04 PM
You forgot injury prone.

Welcher

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Lol. Bowser beat me to the punch. I was going to be a real sarcastic bitch and post a picture and everything. It was going to be glorious.

Ah, well. May as well do it anyway.

Hey Knowmo, let's ask this WR what it's like to play at a university that doesn't let WR talent shine

http://www.calvinjohnsononline.com/images/calvin-johnson-pictures%20(11).jpg

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Calvin Johnson played in Chan Gailey's offense. DT never played for Chan Gailey.Duh. Derrick Thomas went to Alabama. Chan wasn't anywhere close when he was playing.

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Again, Gailey got fired before DT ever got to play for him. The coach that replaced Gailey at GT runs the ball 80% of the time.

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Calvin Johnson played in Chan Gailey's offense. DT never played for Chan Gailey.

once again. DERRICK THOMAS DOES NOT FUCKING PLAY FOR YOUR FUCKING TEAM. DO NOT FUCKING USE THAT FUCKING NICKNAME. FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT, JUST FUCKING DRINK A GALLON OF ANTIFREEZE. I HOPE A 400 LB BLACK MAN RAPES YOUR FAMILY WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE A LITTLE WHINY BITCH WITH A SKINNED KNEE AND SHIT

BossChief
05-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Again, Gailey got fired before DT ever got to play for him. The coach that replaced Gailey at GT runs the ball 80% of the time.

I should have had them ban your bitch ass.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 11:11 PM

Stop fucking using those initials to address you're overrated WR.

Welcher

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 11:12 PM
once again. DERRICK THOMAS DOES NOT FUCKING PLAY FOR YOUR FUCKING TEAM. DO NOT FUCKING USE THAT FUCKING NICKNAME. FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT, JUST FUCKING DRINK A GALLON OF ANTIFREEZE. I HOPE A 400 LB BLACK MAN RAPES YOUR FAMILY WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE A LITTLE WHINY BITCH WITH A SKINNED KNEE AND SHIT

bro, don't talk about people's families

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Stop ****ing using those initials to address you're overrated WR.

Welcher

in all fairness (to be an asshole to chiefs fans as well)....it's your, not you're. :shrug:

RealSNR
What do you guys think of TD this year? He's come a long way since being the special teams bitch CB in 2009. The dude can now legitimately back up for one of our starters.

TD's got a lot going for him. He's a pretty potent corner. Really glad we have him around.

Ebolapox
bro, don't talk about people's families

just using the words of one of our mods.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
in all fairness (to be an asshole to chiefs fans as well)....it's your, not you're. :shrug:

Heh. I'm on my phone. I blame it :)

BossChief
05-02-2012, 11:19 PM
just using the words of one of our mods.

Words he got banned for

Quesadilla Joe
05-02-2012, 11:20 PM
What do you guys think of TD this year? He's come a long way since being the special teams bitch CB in 2009. The dude can now legitimately back up for one of our starters.

TD's got a lot going for him. He's a pretty potent corner. Really glad we have him around.

LMAO

It's not like a came up with DT, the coaches and players all call him that. Plus typing out Demaryius Thomas isn't as easy as just putting DT in there.

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 11:21 PM
TD LOVE THREAD!

SPREAD IT, GUYS!

REALLY GOOD TO HAVE TD AS A CHIEF

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/3598658/134858729_extra_large.jpg

Ebolapox
05-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Words he got banned for

I'm not terribly worried about it. the mods, as a whole, are pretty laissez-faire in most circumstances. for what it's worth, I obviously don't wish for his family to be molested by anybody, regardless of ethnicity or race.

enough of this shit though. back to bronco bashing.

Garcia Bronco
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Manning will have a big case of jitters and his barking out calls will result in more false starts for them, especially when they come to Arrowhead. It's a total different offense for the team to adjust too after how they ran with TjhcT.

You mean like the time he came into Arrowhead and the best Chiefs team in 30 years couldn't make him punt?

RealSNR
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
You mean like the time he came into Arrowhead and the best Chiefs team in 30 years couldn't make him punt?We're trying to protect your feelings, dude.

Manning is far more ready for the Broncos than the Broncos are ready for Manning.

There will totally be a transition period of sorts at the beginning of the season. If you're expecting the Indianapolis Colts at the very beginning, boy, you've got another thing fucking coming.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 11:54 PM
You mean like the time he came into Arrowhead and the best Chiefs team in 30 years couldn't make him punt?

Haha

That may have been the worst defense we have ever fielded in my time watching the Chiefs.

Also

They weren't the only team that didn't punt that day.

-King-
05-03-2012, 01:05 AM

Not anymore!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/192841/scaled_php.jpg

mikey23545
05-03-2012, 01:14 AM

Ah, back in the day when we were stupid enough to actually let a former Donkey coach coordinate our defense...

Micjones
05-03-2012, 06:33 AM
I bet we pick off at least 6 Manning passes next year.

Romeo owned PM when he was at full strength....what do you think his defense is gonna do to a manning with muscle atrophy in his throwing arm and coming off a broken neck and a full year off the field?

I can't wait.

I'm not even excited about it.
The last big game he had against the Chiefs was the Fall of 2004.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-03-2012, 07:01 AM

No, it has to do with the offense they ran. Cmon, man you know bettter. The option is the reason thier running game went from shit to awesome virtually over night.

Molitoth
05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't even know why the Chiefs homers think KC is winning this division with Cassel as QB....

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:35 AM

LOL, wut?

Why does a SB team need crazy depth?

The Giants had next to no depth anywhere but DE.

Where is depth lacking on this team? The offensive line? Linebacker and offensive line are the 2 areas it's lacking if it had a QB like Manning.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Wow.

Finishing 8th in rushing, tied for 4th in YPC with LeSean McCoy, is just "above average."

Yeah, you're not biased.

Holy shit.

You're cherry picking here. The guy had a good year when he's been insanely medicore for a long time.

Willis isn't even close to McCoy's level. He's not a top 15 back in the NFL. I don't care how impressive he was last year.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
I don't even know why the Chiefs homers think KC is winning this division with Cassel as QB....

We were a blocked FG from winning it with all the injuries.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Demariyus Thomas top 3 receiver? Maybe if about 15 receivers fall of the face of the earth.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Hillis won't last in the NFL. Not with the way he runs the ball. And Willis actually has very little wear on his tires for a 30 year old RB. Last year was the first year since 2007 that he had over 170 carries in a season.

What a crock.

McGahee averaged 290 carries in the NFL his first 4 years. He's had knee problems early in his career, and in college. The guy has far more than just "very little wear" on tires.

htismaqe
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
It's time to ban the Welcher.

This shit was NEVER allowed in the good old days...

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
LOL, wut?

Where is depth lacking on this team? The offensive line? Linebacker and offensive line are the 2 areas it's lacking if it had a QB like Manning.

Dude. He is terrified to show any positive emotion towards the Chiefs but he'll pimp the shit out of an average RB on a rival. LOL

BoneKrusher
05-03-2012, 07:43 AM
I think Elway purchased a Lemon.

does Colorado have the Lemon Law?

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Dude. He is terrified to show any positive emotion towards the Chiefs but he'll pimp the shit out of an average RB on a rival. LOL

He's saying he'd love McGahee on the Chiefs. That would be until they signed him.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Demariyus Thomas top 3 receiver? Maybe if about 15 receivers fall of the face of the earth.

Its OK to be a Homer here, as long as you're not a Chiefs fan.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
It's time to ban the Welcher.

This shit was NEVER allowed in the good old days...

You're right it wasn't.

The hilarious part is that people think he adds something here. Cheifsplanet was a much more productive place until we let trolls infest this place repeatedly with nonsense.

Valipass, Mile High Mania, Garcia and List bring something to the table. They know football and don't rely on bogus made up twitter ramblings to support their opinion.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
I like Demariyus Thomas a great deal to be honest, but he's never going to be a top 3 WR in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 07:49 AM
You're right it wasn't.

The hilarious part is that people think he adds something here. Cheifsplanet was a much more productive place until we let trolls infest this place repeatedly with nonsense.

Valipass, Mile High Mania, Garcia and List bring something to the table. They know football and don't rely on bogus made up twitter ramblings to support their opinion.

His Schtick was entertaining for awhile.

Its so played out now.

Sofa King
05-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Apparently, it’s never too early for a mock draft.

Four days after the end of the 2012 NFL draft, Todd McShay of Scouts Inc. has come up with his initial mock draft for 2013. Of course, many things will happen, so give credit to McShay for taking a shot at this. The draft order was compiled by the current power rankings of Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.

Let’s take a look at McShay’s mock.

No. 6, Oakland Raiders

USC quarterback Matt Barkley

My take: Another USC quarterback to Oakland. I could see it. But I have a feeling Barkley is going to be drafted first or second. I don’t see Oakland getting close to being able to draft him.

No. 16, San Diego Chargers

North Carolina guard Jonathan Cooper

My take: If the Chargers don’t make the playoffs for a third straight year, they’ll need to get more than guard.

No 18, Denver Broncos

Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te'o

My take: Denver’s needs continue to evolve, but Te'o is a good player and a good fit.

No. 19, Kansas City Chiefs

Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones

My take: The Chiefs will likely get a quarterback next year if Matt Cassel doesn’t have a great season. Will Jones be available at No. 19?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

ESPN has us winning the division. So I guess that means it's official.

MagicHef
05-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Rahim Moore? You "love" Rahim Moore?

He was probably the worst starter at any position for the Broncos last year, and we started such talent as JD Walton, Zane Beadles, and Joe Mays. He was vastly outplayed at safety by a 4th round rookie, a guy drafted as a special teamer, and a midseason practice squad pickup.

All he seemed to be able to do was commit blatant personal fouls at very inoppotune times.

The rest of the OP wasn't too bad, but that just stuck out to me.

-King-
05-03-2012, 08:09 AM

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
05-03-2012, 08:14 AM

I remember that...it was before he broke his neck and let his throwing arm muscles turn to string cheese :p

Pasta Little Brioni
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM

I remember the "baters" sucking off Chaz Shillens and the Oakland reciever corp in the past. This place really is hilarious sometimes.

Quesadilla Joe
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
We were a blocked FG from winning it with all the injuries.

What about the Rivers fumbled snap that went in our favor? That kind of play happens once every 20 years.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 09:27 AM
What about the Rivers fumbled snap that went in our favor? That kind of play happens once every 20 years.

What about it?

Pasta Little Brioni

How often does a runningback run out of bounds when all he has to do is fall down and the game is over.

htismaqe
I remember the "baters" sucking off Chaz Shillens and the Oakland reciever corp in the past. This place really is hilarious sometimes.

That must have happened while I was gone because I don't remember it. I'm glad I missed it though...

Quesadilla Joe
05-03-2012, 09:28 AM
What about it?

I'm just saying. You can't say we were a blocked field goal from winning the division when one of our wins was helped by a fumbled snap on a kneel down.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Wish I had time to read through all 3 pages...

There are a few thoughts here. Of all the teams and all the divisions, Peyton's most ideal spot for advancing to the playoffs appeared to be by playing in the AFCW. I don't know that too many people would argue with that one.

So, looking at the options - it's Denver or KC. And, for various reasons, he chose Denver. I'm not suggesting that he could not have advanced with another team in another division, but landing in the AFCW was ideal for him.

Denver isn't without talent... especially with some of their FA moves this offseason. Are the Broncos a B+ or greater at each position? No. But, they're also not without talent.

Denver has a lot of playmakers and yes, the defense needs to be a lot more consistent and productive than they were at times last year.

The question is can PM stay healthy... can he get back to 90% of what he used to be? If so and the OL can keep the pressure off, then they can have a lot of success. The Broncos' offense has playmakers and I love the additions of Tamme and Dreesen.

The Broncos' defense has their work cut out for them with the schedule, but the good thing is that with Manning, they can have an offense that puts up 23-30 points a game consistently. They didn't have that last year - at all.

That takes some pressure off the defense.

Are they a SB contender for 2012? I don't think so... not yet, we need to see how they adjust. The AFCW is not a cakewalk division, the other teams have all improved to some degree, but they each have their own bag of issues. None of them are solid across the board.

The AFCW is wide freaking open... all you have to do is advance. I think Manning has 2-3 good years left, if healthy... meaning for me, that 2013 is the "win it all and go out with a bang" target.

You don't go get a Peyton Manning at this point without the goal being to win a SB in short order. Can they do it? It's going to be really difficult, lots of solid teams at the top in the AFC.

I won't be shocked if Denver wins 10 games this year... I think KC and SD can get there as well, not really sold on OAK. It's going to be a fun season.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
You're right it wasn't.

I'm Mile High Mania and I approve this message.

And, regarding the other comment on Thomas... I don't think he'll be top 3 at this point, there's just too many extremely good WRs out there right now.

But, Thomas has the ability with that offense and Peyton to have a top 3 year ... I just don't think he has the ability to be a top 3 guy over his career.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm just saying. You can't say we were a blocked field goal from winning the division when one of our wins was helped by a fumbled snap on a kneel down.

Shit happens.

The Broncos used cooking spray on their jerseys and cheated the cap.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM

Opposing offenses played conservative against Denver because they believed Denver's offense was a joke? That makes little sense to me. "They can't score more than 12 points consistently fellas, so we're going to take the foot off the gas this week and shoot for 15 points". ROFL

Mediocre? A few teams had issues down the stretch and CIN was a young team that proved to be better than expected.

Bengals (9 wins)
Lions (10 wins)
Jets (8 wins)
Steelers (12 wins)
Patriots (13 wins)
Bears (8 wins)
Packers (15 wins)
Titans (10 wins)

Was it a brutal schedule? Maybe not, but it was far from a joke schedule.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Shit happens.

The Broncos used cooking spray on their jerseys and cheated the cap.

KC should try that sometime... just bewared of the commish, he's not as timid as the last guy.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM

And one of your wins was because Marion Barber couldn't hold a football.

Same premise.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 10:26 AM
LOL, wut?

Where is depth lacking on this team? The offensive line? Linebacker and offensive line are the 2 areas it's lacking if it had a QB like Manning.You just don't know if Eric Winston is going to play well in his new environment /OTW58

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I love this move. It gives me another reason to hate Manning while simultaneously chapping Hootie's ass.

Verdict=

WIN-WIN.

Okie_Apparition
05-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Octomomsweller needs to get tinted prescription visior for his helmet

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Jesus Christ, some of you are flat ignorant, trolling, or both.

I'm not pimping him. I'm simply claiming he's better than most of you are giving him credit for.

Funny, considering the majority of this board does exactly the opposite of what you're claiming I'm doing. Many of you undervalue players simply because they don't have an Arrowhead on their helmet or undervalue teams because their either a rival or on the schedule - while overvaluing the players on this team, and ignoring our potential question marks.

Atlanta is a good example. Schedule came out, and the majority here said "Atlanta's crap, we'll win that game."

We very well may win that game, but Atlanta is far from crap. They've won 43 games in the 4 years under Smith/Dimitroff. Have they had playoff success? Nope.

But we're not playing them in a playoff game. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

God forbid you show some objectivity around here. Place is slowly turning into WPI.

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Everyone is talking like Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are chumps, which is silly. But let's go with it. The Broncos have also really upgraded their Tight Ends. They aren't New England's TEs, mind you. But they are going to be a real weapon, IMO.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/25557/which-nfl-teams-got-better-this-offseason

Denver Broncos

Hole Filled: Tight End

Yeah, replacing Tim Tebow with Peyton Manning was probably a pretty big upgrade, too, but let's focus on some of the other work that Denver did this offseason. While Daniel Fells and Dante Rosario exhibited the bizarre ability to suddenly turn into Shannon Sharpe in his prime during the final drives of Tebow-led comebacks, they were limited as receivers and would never have flourished in a Manning-led passing attack. While they were linked to Dallas Clark as part of the great Indianapolis Immigration Act of 2012, the Broncos were smart enough to pass on the aging, injury-prone Clark and instead opt for Jacob Tamme. While Tamme is another ex-Colt, he's one of the few members of the Manning offense who isn't past his prime and might actually flourish in his new digs. Denver also made a nice investment by adding Joel Dreessen, who's consistently been an effective, efficient player behind Owen Daniels in Houston. Even if the Broncos hadn't added Manning, signing Tamme and Dreessen would have been a wise move; by doing so, the Broncos now have one of the five best one-two punches at tight end in football.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM

I'm not pimping him. I'm simply claiming he's better than most of you are giving him credit for.

Funny, considering the majority of this board does exactly the opposite of what you're claiming I'm doing. Many of you undervalue players simply because they don't have an Arrowhead on their helmet or undervalue teams because their either a rival or on the schedule - while overvaluing the players on this team, and ignoring our potential question marks.

Atlanta is a good example. Schedule came out, and the majority here said "Atlanta's crap, we'll win that game."

We very well may win that game, but Atlanta is far from crap. They've won 43 games in the 4 years under Smith/Dimitroff. Have they had playoff success? Nope.

But we're not playing them in a playoff game. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

God forbid you show some objectivity around here. Place is slowly turning into WPI.For the record, most people had that Atlanta game as a loss. The argument came against GoChiefs, who couldn't let go of, "ATLANTA IS GOD WE ARE DOOMED MATT RYAN WILL RAPE YOUR CHILDREN"

Nzoner
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I expect Manning will beat us like stepchildren this year though.

Romeo has a good history vs. Manning,he may win against KC this year but neither game will be a beatdown.

-King-
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Jacob Tamme and Joel Dressen are good upgrades? That's kind of sad.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Romeo has a good history vs. Manning,he may win against KC this year but neither game will be a beatdown.

This. I have no worries about the defense doing their job during those 2 games.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Everyone is talking like Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are chumps, which is silly. But let's go with it. The Broncos have also really upgraded their Tight Ends. They aren't New England's TEs, mind you. But they are going to be a real weapon, IMO.
Thomas and Decker are pretty good, but they're not elite-level WRs. But it's totally conceivable that both will crack 1000 yards and put up at least 5 TDs each.

Those are okay numbers, and the fact that Denver has two guys like that is noteworthy.

But this shit about either of them being better than Dwayne Bowe can get the fuck out right now. Call me when either of them produces like Bowe can do.

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Thomas and Decker are pretty good, but they're not elite-level WRs. But it's totally conceivable that both will crack 1000 yards and put up at least 5 TDs each.

Those are okay numbers, and the fact that Denver has two guys like that is noteworthy.

But this shit about either of them being better than Dwayne Bowe can get the **** out right now. Call me when either of them produces like Bowe can do.

I'm not going to say either are better than Dwayne Bowe. But I will say that I'll take the combination of DT/Decker over Bowe/Baldwin. They are a great combination of size, speed, and hands - with the right quarterback. Tebow wasn't going to make any receiver look great.

Of course, it all comes back to Manning. What did we get with Manning? If it's close to the Manning of old, DT and Decker are probably going to look like world-beaters. All this is speculation until we see what Manning does when he starts playing in real games. It literally means the difference between finishing anywhere from 1 to 4 in the division in 2012.

The Bad Guy
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM

God forbid you show some objectivity around here. Place is slowly turning into WPI.

Dude, few were saying that about the Atlanta game. This place is far from homerville, it's not even close to be honest. To compare it to WPI is like comparing Willis McGahee to LeSean McCoy.

I'm a pretty objective guy with opposing players. McGahee is the definition of average and one good year in an option offense isn't changing that opinion.

Direckshun
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
LOL, wut?

We actually have outstanding depth along the OL now.

We lack depth across the LB corps, and at safety.

That's it.

Edit:

Currently, our backup OL, if we had to trot one out:

LT: Donald Stephenson
LG: Jeff Allen
C: Rob Bruggeman
RG: Darryl Harris
RT: David Mims

That's as good a backup OL as there is in the NFL.

qabbaan
05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I think Manning has at least two good years left. They wouldn't have risked their franchise for the next 3-4 years unless they thought so.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm not going to say either are better than Dwayne Bowe. But I will say that I'll take the combination of DT/Decker over Bowe/Baldwin. They are a great combination of size, speed, and hands - with the right quarterback. Tebow wasn't going to make any receiver look great.

Of course, it all comes back to Manning. What did we get with Manning? If it's close to the Manning of old, DT and Decker are probably going to look like world-beaters. All this is speculation until we see what Manning does when he starts playing in real games. It literally means the difference between finishing anywhere from 1 to 4 in the division in 2012.Sure. Until Baldwin puts on his big boy pants (which I fully expect him to do this year) then Decker/Thomas > Bowe/Baldwin.

However, throw Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston out there against Thomas/Decker/Royal, and I'll take the Chiefs receivers every single time.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 11:28 AM

That's it.

Edit:

That's as good a backup OL as there is in the NFL.I think Bailey will be an outstanding player this year, but we're still a bit short at DE. Unless Brandon Bair has a trick up his sleeve.

Direckshun
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Sure. Until Baldwin puts on his big boy pants (which I fully expect him to do this year) then Decker/Thomas > Bowe/Baldwin.

However, throw Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston out there against Thomas/Decker/Royal, and I'll take the Chiefs receivers every single time.

Royal's in San Diego.

Stokely, maybe, would be the #3 guy.

Truth is, Bowe and Thomas are similar receivers, but Bowe is just much more polished right now.

If Baldwin takes off this year, we're head and shoulders above their receiving corps.

Direckshun
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I think Bailey will be an outstanding player this year, but we're still a bit short at DE. Unless Brandon Bair has a trick up his sleeve.

Nah, we're good enough at DE.

We've got two rock solid starters with elite play at their position against the run, a great backup in Bailey, and we've got a solid core of depth with Amon Gordon, and two developmental guys in Bair and Long.

Only the Steelers, I think, can match that in terms of depth.

We've never had this kind of depth on the DL before, in the 3-4 or the 4-3.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Whatever. Like it matters. Royal's a fag

Direckshun
05-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Whatever. Like it matters. Royal's a pillowbiter

YOU KNOW WHAT

YOU'RE A PILLOWBITER

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
OOOOHHHH TOUCHY SUBJECT

mr. tegu
05-03-2012, 11:41 AM

That is just a flat out lie. ROFL

Total defense - 20th
passing defense - 18th
rushing defense - 22nd
PPG - 24th

Looks to be the defintiion of bottom third not a solid top third as you said. Please come back when you aren't making up statistics.

vailpass
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
once again. DERRICK THOMAS DOES NOT ****ING PLAY FOR YOUR ****ING TEAM. DO NOT ****ING USE THAT ****ING NICKNAME. **** OFF AND DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT, JUST ****ING DRINK A GALLON OF ANTIFREEZE. I HOPE A 400 LB BLACK MAN RAPES YOUR FAMILY WHILE YOU WATCH AND CRY LIKE A LITTLE WHINY BITCH WITH A SKINNED KNEE AND SHIT

Derrick Thomas is worm food. There are other DTs just like there are other DJs. LTs, etc.

Ebolapox
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Derrick Thomas is worm food. There are other DTs just like there are other DJs. LTs, etc.

on a chiefs message board, coming from a bronco fan, there ARE no other DTs. fuck that noise.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM

I'm sorry if my Pro-Chief attitude is ruining your pity-party.

vailpass
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
We might not be able to agree on everything here but we can at least agree that EFX is the best front office/HC combo in the West, can't we?

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Royal's in San Diego.

Stokely, maybe, would be the #3 guy.

Truth is, Bowe and Thomas are similar receivers, but Bowe is just much more polished right now.

If Baldwin takes off this year, we're head and shoulders above their receiving corps.

You're underestimating how good Decker can be. He's only 25, for one thing. He's got great hands, good size, and he's deceptively fast.

There's a joke on the Mane that every white guy "sort of reminds me of Ed McCaffrey." But Decker really does. And he's smart enough to be spending seemingly every waking hour with Peyton Manning, since he came to Denver.

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry if my Pro-Chief attitude is ruining your pity-party.

Doesn't bother me a bit. You just look hypocritical bashing me for trying to stay objective, while you're acting anything but objective.

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
We might not be able to agree on everything here but we can at least agree that EFX is the best front office/HC combo in the West, can't we?

I like to think of the X in that moniker as being the last letter in "Fox." Xanders just embarrasses me. Did you see they had him running the computer during the draft?

vailpass
05-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I like to think of the X in that moniker as being the last letter in "Fox." Xanders just embarrasses me. Did you see they had him running the computer during the draft?

Elway/Fox is the meat of that lineup no doubt.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
We might not be able to agree on everything here but we can at least agree that EFX is the best front office/HC combo in the West, can't we?That's like saying Pol Pot was a better human being than Hitler, Mao, or Stalin.

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM

That's it.

Edit:

That's as good a backup OL as there is in the NFL.

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

5 guys with a combined two career NFL appearances, zero career NFL starts.

As good a backup OL as there is in the NFL.

This place never ceases to amaze.

ChiefAshhole20
05-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Flowers can/will lock down Decker, as will Routt for Thomas. And to say Tamme and Dreesen (two backup te's last year) form even a decent pair of receiving threats is laughable. The O-line is trash, Mcgahee will not do shit without the triple option, and Peyton can only do so much. Yes I know he did great things with a bad supporting cast in Indy, but he did still have a H.O.F in Wayne, Garcon who just received #1 money in Wash, Clark who always did his thing, and Collie who was just there to be the white guy with a visor. Good luck with y'alls "great" defense trying to stop Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki, Mccluster, Gray, and Boss.

vailpass
05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
That's like saying Pol Pot was a better human being than Hitler, Mao, or Stalin.

LMAO

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Flowers can/will lock down Decker, as will Routt for Thomas. And to say Tamme and Dreesen (two backup te's last year) form even a decent pair of receiving threats is laughable. The O-line is trash, Mcgahee will not do shit without the triple option, and Peyton can only do so much. Yes I know he did great things with a bad supporting cast in Indy, but he did still have a H.O.F in Wayne, Garcon who just received #1 money in Wash, Clark who always did his thing, and Collie who was just there to be the white guy with a visor. Good luck with y'alls "great" defense trying to stop Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki, Mccluster, Gray, and Boss.

Word!!!!!1!!!1!

MagicHef
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Positional advantages, as I see it:

QB: DEN
OL: KC
RB: KC
WR: KC
TE: KC
DL/LB (run stopping): KC
DL/LB (pass rushing): DEN
DB: KC
ST: Even? I don't know much about KC's ST situation.

If I could pick 2 areas to be the best at, though, it would be those 2.

vailpass
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Did you really type "y'alls"?

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Jesus tapdancing Christ.

5 guys with a combined two career NFL appearances, zero career NFL starts.

As good a backup OL as there is in the NFL.

This place never ceases to amaze.I agree it's premature to call any of the guys good, but if any ONE of these players turns out, our line was crafted in such a way to make it damn near impervious to getting taken out by injury.

Look at the number of players who play multiple positions on the line at a high level (or at the very least at a level nearly equal to their skills at their strongest position)

Lilja: LG, RG
Hudson: LG, C
Allen: LT, RT (figure to add both guard spots to that mix by the end of training camp)
Stephonson: LT, RT
Harris: RG, C

It may not be deep (yet) but it's pretty fucking versatile. And that's far more useful than having a necessarily deep offensive line chock full o' talent at the backup spots.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit. You just look hypocritical bashing me for trying to stay objective, while you're acting anything but objective.

LOL Okay.

You know its possible to be objective without coming off as a Debbie Downer clone.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Positional advantages, as I see it:

QB: DEN
OL: KC
RB: KC
WR: KC
TE: KC
DL/LB (run stopping): KC
DL/LB (pass rushing): DEN
DB: KC
ST: Even? I don't know much about KC's ST situation.

If I could pick 2 areas to be the best at, though, it would be those 2.
As the older brother, Dustin could totally beat the living shit out of Britton. I'd give the edge there to KC.

ChiefAshhole20
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Did you really type "y'alls"?

It means "you all", except the apostrophe combines it to create "y'all". It is a Texas thing, and is used in everyday conversations.

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Also, Driessen is a very good TE. I'd give the TE position to Denver.

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
It means "you all", except the apostrophe combines it to create "y'all". It is a Texas thing, and is used in everyday conversations.

Word!!!!!!1!!!1!!!

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/hello-yes-this-is-scrotum.jpg

vailpass
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Yes but it lowers the average IQ of the board 20 points every time you say it. If you make the conscious decision to type it out it would seem you could avoid the dueling banjo music and go with "your".

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree it's premature to call any of the guys good, but if any ONE of these players turns out, our line was crafted in such a way to make it damn near impervious to getting taken out by injury.

Look at the number of players who play multiple positions on the line at a high level (or at the very least at a level nearly equal to their skills at their strongest position)

Lilja: LG, RG
Hudson: LG, C
Allen: LT, RT (figure to add both guard spots to that mix by the end of training camp)
Stephonson: LT, RT
Harris: RG, C

It may not be deep (yet) but it's pretty fucking versatile. And that's far more useful than having a necessarily deep offensive line chock full o' talent at the backup spots.

Versatile? Absolutely.

The best backup OL in the NFL?

Get.

The.

Fuck.

Outta.

Here.

ChiefAshhole20
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Were already talking about the shitty ass Broncos, how much lower can this board's IQ get?

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Were already talking about the shitty ass Broncos, how much lower can this board's IQ get?

Word!!!!1!!11!!!