PDA

View Full Version : Misc The night we shot Bin Laden in the face and dumped his body in the sea.

BigRedChief
05-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Did you guys see the Brian Williams special on the night we killed Bin Laden? They had interviews with all the people in the room in the famous photo. How they kept it secret, how they felt when the first helicopter went down etc.

I found it fascinating. How professional our soldiers are, they represent some of our best values.

There is also a special on the Discovery channel about all the computer, flash and hard drives and paper's from the Bin Laden compund that have been released to the public. You can download or read like 15000 documents. here. http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/letters-from-abbottabad-bin-ladin-sidelined

This isn't about politics. Please leave that out of this thread. All those crowds that took to the streets to celebrate that night wern't Demoocrats or Republicans and as Obama explianed why he called former President Bush first...... "administrations change, its about the contiunality, what we are as a people, what our values are as a people".

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/22847/slide_22847_273024_huge.jpg

http://www.bradblog.com/Images/BinLadenIsDead_FDNY_NYTimes_050111_420.jpg

scho63
05-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Did you guys see the Brian Williams special on the night we killed Bin Laden? They had interviews with all the people in the room in the famous photo. How they kept it secret, how they felt when the first helicopter went down etc.

I found it fascinating. How professional our soldiers are, they represent some of our best values.

There is also a special on the Discovery channel about all the computer, flash and hard drives and paper's from the Bin Laden compund that have been released to the public. You can download or read like 15000 documents. here. http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/letters-from-abbottabad-bin-ladin-sidelined

This isn't about politics. Please leave that out of this thread. All those crowds that took to the streets to celebrate that night wern't Demoocrats or Republicans and as Obama explianed why he called former President Bush first...... "administrations change, its about the contiunality, what we are as a people, what our values are as a people".

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/22847/slide_22847_273024_huge.jpg

http://www.bradblog.com/Images/BinLadenIsDead_FDNY_NYTimes_050111_420.jpg

Makes me so proud to be an AMERICAN! I've been all over the World including places as poor and screwed up as Haiti, Jamaica, Rio, Mexico, Cuba, and China. Everyone needs to visit a few of these to truly appreciate why our country and way of life is so great...

It was a great segment

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

mlyonsd
05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Didn't watch it but would give Rain Man's left nut to watch the video the Seal team made during the raid.

Rain Man
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Didn't watch it but would give Rain Man's left nut to watch the video the Seal team made during the raid.

I dunno. That's a pretty steep price.

mlyonsd
05-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I dunno. That's a pretty steep price.I was guessing you were done using it.

The Dawg
05-03-2012, 08:29 PM

Me too. Put that in American theaters and you'd have the best selling movie of all time.

Maybe it'd be too graphic for that.

Dayze
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
America. Fuck yeah.
That pic of the fireman is awesome

BigRedChief
05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Me too. Put that in American theaters and you'd have the best selling movie of all time.

Maybe it'd be too graphic for that.Those drone videos are usually pretty damn good quality feeds.

SPchief
05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
It's reairing on MSnbc now

Psyko Tek
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Maybe it'd be too graphic for that.

you know what, most would say it was fake
real death does not looks as cool as special effects

threebag
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I dunno. That's a pretty steep price.

So how bout a big nasty KC nut

RealSNR
05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Did Brian Williams interview the Navy SEALS who performed the operation?

BigRedChief
05-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Did Brian Williams interview the Navy SEALS who performed the operation?Of course not. Those dudes will take to the grave who actually put the bullet in Bin Ladens head. You might pass them on the street and never know. Most of those guys don't look like Stallone, Schwazeneger etc. They are in great shape obviously but they don't bulk up on weights. They are so damn humble and unassuming. It's a very good representation of what is best in us.

Pitt Gorilla
05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Of course not. Those dudes will take to the grave who actually put the bullet in Bin Ladens head. You might pass them on the street and never know. Most of those guys don't look like Stallone, Schwazeneger etc. They are in great shape obviously but they don't bulk up on weights. They are so damn humble and unassuming. It's a very good representation of what is best in us.Not true.

<iframe src="http://www.funnyordie.com/embed/8e464776e6" width="640" height="533" frameborder="0"></iframe><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:640px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8e464776e6/the-navy-seal-who-killed-osama-bin-laden" title="from Rob Riggle, Chris Henchy, NickCorirossi, Charles Ingram, Funny Or Die, BoTown Sound, and Owen Burke">The Navy Seal Who Killed Osama Bin Laden</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/rob_riggle">Rob Riggle</a> <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=138711277798&amp;href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Fvideos%2F8e464776e6%2Fthe-navy-seal-who-killed-osama-bin-laden&amp;send=false&amp;layout=button_count&amp;width=150&amp;show_faces=false&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px; vertical-align:middle;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</div>

wutamess
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Will it be on again? What channel? Maybe I can record it?

ChiefAshhole20
05-04-2012, 02:35 AM
foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/

The members of Navy Seal Team 6 that supposedly killed Bin Laden were killed in a helicopter crash a week later. Along with the fact that Bin Ladens body was never really shown to the public, I'm still skeptical that this event even happened but instead was just a way to get Obama's approval rate up after the healthcare crisis, economy, and war. Or I could just be really high... :bong:

ChiefGator
05-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Remove your tin foil hat... it's sending bad signals into your brain.

Deberg_1990
05-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Or I could just be really high... :bong:

probably this.

Great story. I watched part of it the other night.

Otter
05-04-2012, 05:17 AM
It takes a very special personality to make a SEAL, Green Beret or whatever discipline they decide to enter. The combination of easy going and just complete badass is an amazing balance.

God bless 'em, sexy fucking rock stars.

Inspector
05-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Very proud of our soldiers but I do have grave concerns for Rainman's left nut.

Amnorix
05-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Anyone else think there's far too much focus on RainMan's testicles in this thread? I for one am glad to never talk about -- or see anyone else talk about -- his two berries, to be honest...

Huffmeister
05-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Anyone else think there's far too much focus on RainMan's testicles in this thread? I for one am glad to never talk about -- or see anyone else talk about -- his two berries, to be honest...

You don't have to be so testes about it.

Ugly Duck
05-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm still skeptical that this event even happened but instead was just a way to get Obama's approval rate up

Has one as evil as Obama ever walked this Earth? Curses be upon him!

oldandslow
05-04-2012, 08:07 AM

Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot come to mind...but I get your point.

Donger
05-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Bush is the debil!

qabbaan
05-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm glad this scumbag is gone, but I think there is little we know for sure about what happened that night. The story has evolved in some significant ways. Hopefully one day we get to hear the real story of how his head was thankfully turned into a canoe.

ChiefGator
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
The story has evolved in some significant ways.

Really? I haven't heard the story changing much.. seemed pretty straightforward to me.

the real story of how his head was thankfully turned into a canoe.

Oh.. wait.. a canoe? Now this story is getting wierd.

EDIT: Oh yeah.. what's up with Rainman's damn testicles anyway?

Aries Walker
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I lived just outside of DC a year ago. By the time I had heard the news, it was too late to hop in my car and head downtown to the festivities in front of the White House. I really would have loved to be there for that.

Rachel Maddow just happened to be in DC that night for something-or-other, and she grabbed a handheld and went out there. The footage looked amazing, everyone with a very jubilant mood.

Dammit.

htismaqe
05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Some deep sea treasure hunter claims he knows where the body is and is looking to secure some Russian diving equipment to gather DNA samples.

htismaqe
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I lived just outside of DC a year ago. By the time I had heard the news, it was too late to hop in my car and head downtown to the festivities in front of the White House. I really would have loved to be there for that.

Rachel Maddow just happened to be in DC that night for something-or-other, and she grabbed a handheld and went out there. The footage looked amazing, everyone with a very jubilant mood.

Dammit.

Rachel Maddow was there?

EhswNAke1wg

boogblaster
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
i get so damn tired of watchin roadside bombers watchin their work sittin on their littl piece of shit mopeds and laughin .. id shoot the bastards and drive off .....

durtyrute
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM
This makes me want to vote for Obama. That was such a great moment in U.S. history.

Agent V
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I was in New York City and had to come home the day before this happened. Unfortunate timing because it would have been interesting to see the NYC celebrations first-hand.

Also, Rain Man's testicles.

Donger
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
This makes me want to vote for Obama. That was such a great moment in U.S. history.

LMAO

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Week ago Thursday was tense, too....

http://i50.tinypic.com/2507e42.gif

Demonpenz
05-04-2012, 11:51 AM

Rep.

blazzin311
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/

The members of Navy Seal Team 6 that supposedly killed Bin Laden were killed in a helicopter crash a week later. Along with the fact that Bin Ladens body was never really shown to the public, I'm still skeptical that this event even happened but instead was just a way to get Obama's approval rate up after the healthcare crisis, economy, and war. Or I could just be really high... :bong:

I'm glad this scumbag is gone, but I think there is little we know for sure about what happened that night. The story has evolved in some significant ways. Hopefully one day we get to hear the real story of how his head was thankfully turned into a canoe.

Part of me thinks that way too......I mean what a convenient way to not let America ever see the body of the man who was "supposedly responsible" for the worst Terrorist attack ever on U.S. Soil. I'm not entirely sure our own government didn't have some sort of part in 9/11 and Bin Laden wasn't the patsy from the get go. And that would have been a very convenient way for them to handle the situation. Just say they shot him in the head and they dumped the body at sea......meanwhile Bin Laden might still be alive and have been held somewhere else all this time. I don't know, I'm just spit balling here. What I'm getting at is, we're probably never going to learn or know all of the facts one way or another. All I know is I wouldn't put anything past what this government is capable of. I just don't trust em'......at least not as much as I'd perhaps like to.

Some deep sea treasure hunter claims he knows where the body is and is looking to secure some Russian diving equipment to gather DNA samples.

Now this would be interesting......it could finally put my "BS" specualtion theory as to the events that actually took place that night to rest. It would indeed erase any doubt in a lot of people's minds if this so-called "Treasure Hunt" were to successfully take place. Color me intrigued.

ForeverChiefs58
05-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Part of me thinks that way too......I mean what a convenient way to not let America ever see the body of the man who was "supposedly responsible" for the worst Terrorist attack ever on U.S. Soil. I'm not entirely sure our own government didn't have some sort of part in 9/11 and Bin Laden wasn't the patsy from the get go. And that would have been a very convenient way for them to handle the situation. Just say they shot him in the head and they dumped the body at sea......meanwhile Bin Laden might still be alive and have been held somewhere else all this time. I don't know, I'm just spit balling here. What I'm getting at is, we're probably never going to learn or know all of the facts one way or another. All I know is I wouldn't put anything past what this government is capable of. I just don't trust em'......at least not as much as I'd perhaps like to.

Now this would be interesting......it could finally put my "BS" specualtion theory as to the events that actually took place that night to rest. It would indeed erase any doubt in a lot of people's minds if this so-called "Treasure Hunt" were to successfully take place. Color me intrigued.

Ok. You think our gov't story is BS, yet you think some hunter could somehow find BL's body?

No way could anyone find BL's body. Bottom of the ocean is pretty vast. Fish food. It was hard enough finding him when he was on land.

I noticed a lot of the people who think BL death is BS and don't believe he is really dead, also believe our own govt was involved in 9/11, Masonic Lodge or Jews are the ones really running the entire world, don't believe we landed on the moon, believe in alliens, ghosts and Area 51; actually would be easier to just say they believe just about every conspiracy theory out there. Some would call them gullable or tinfoil hat wearers. They also tend to have voted for Obama/or are Ron Paul supporters. Just an observation.

blazzin311
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok. You think our gov't story is BS, yet you think some hunter could somehow find BL's body?

No way could anyone find BL's body. Bottom of the ocean is pretty vast. Fish food. It was hard enough finding him when he was on land.

I noticed a lot of the people who think BL death is BS and don't believe he is really dead, also believe our own govt was involved in 9/11, Masonic Lodge or Jews are the ones really running the entire world, don't believe we landed on the moon, believe in alliens, ghosts and Area 51; actually would be easier to just say they believe just about every conspiracy theory out there. Some would call them
gullable or tinfoil hat wearers . They also tend to have voted for Obama/or are Ron Paul supporters. Just an observation.

Well for starters never anywhere in that post did I claim that I think the "Treasure Hunter" of sorts would be able to actually find the body. I was merely stating that it would be interesting for him to try, and if he actually was successful it would be an incredible find putting all of the doubters theories to rest. I do however agree with much of your observation around "Conspiracists" and that often times they'll believe any conspiracy theory you hand-feed them......and while I do agree with you on that and for the record I myself do believe in some conspiracies and the logic that surrounds them, but I wouldn't quite call myself too gullable and I'm not too keen on tinfoil hats. Then again I suppose most of those gullable tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists might even say that about themselves. To each our own I reckon.....to each our own. :hmmm:

bishop_74
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM

I noticed a lot of the people who think BL death is BS and don't believe he is really dead, also believe our own govt was involved in 9/11, Masonic Lodge or Jews are the ones really running the entire world, don't believe we landed on the moon, believe in alliens, ghosts and Area 51; actually would be easier to just say they believe just about every conspiracy theory out there. Some would call them gullable or tinfoil hat wearers. They also tend to have voted for Obama/or are Ron Paul supporters. Just an observation.

Obama/Ron Paul/Area 51/wha...??? Are you retarded boy? Ron Paul fits no where in that line of reasoning.

Hoover
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
The cover up is that the guys who killed Bin Laden died a weak later.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The cover up is that the guys who killed Bin Laden died a weak later.Thats not a completely true statement.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:23 PM

Dammit.I'm still kind of baffeled by all the college kids that went out on the streets at midnight chanting USA! USA!. I guess they all grew up with this guy being the boogey man and now he was gone.

Easy 6
05-04-2012, 06:25 PM

It wasnt a Republican who made the call to do it, sooo it kinda doesnt count...

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Now this would be interesting......it could finally put my "BS" specualtion theory as to the events that actually took place that night to rest. It would indeed erase any doubt in a lot of people's minds if this so-called "Treasure Hunt" were to successfully take place. Color me intrigued.:facepalm:
Why does every major event in America end up with the tin foil crowd calling it a fake and cover up?

jspchief
05-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I thought it was determined those were different seals.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM
It wasnt a Republican who made the call to do it, sooo it kinda doesnt count...This was not a no brainer that every president would have made. You are invading another country, a country you need to battle Al-Aquaeda and the Taliban and who has nuclear weapons. Your not telling them even though they have access to your top secret intelligence.

You have to think of Carter. If it goes wrong, they kill innocent Pakistani civilians, they have been set up by false intelligence, Bin Laden gets away during the raid. It would have negatively defined a presidents legacy, just as it did Carters.

You want to bet when that the first thing that happened in the mission is something goes wrong and its the helicopter going down with Seals in it was President Carter.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I thought it was determined those were different seals.they were.

Easy 6
05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
This was not a no brainer that every president would have made. You are invading another country, a country you need to battle Al-Aquaeda and the Taliban and who has nuclear weapons. Your not telling them even though they have access to your top secret intelligence.

You have to think of Carter. If it goes wrong, they kill innocent Pakistani civilians, they have been set up by false intelligence, Bin Laden gets away during the raid. It would have negatively defined a presidents legacy, just as it did Carters.

You want to bet when that the first thing in the mission goes wrong and its the helicopter going down with Seals in it was President Carter.

I agree 100%, had to have been a big balls, risk it all decision... and thats coming from a guy who plans to vote third party from here on out, if thats a wasted vote, fine, its going to be wasted anyway the way things are, until there is some true change within American politics.

But i'm just real tired of some acting like a Republican prez wouldnt have be blaring their own horns about it just as much as Obama.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Come on now, let's not spike the football. /bittermotherfuckers

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Come on now, let's not spike the football. /bittermotherfuckerskeep it political clean Mr. Mod. :p

blazzin311
05-04-2012, 07:22 PM
:facepalm:
Why does every major event in America end up with the tin foil crowd calling it a fake and cover up?

Perhaps it could be the fact that throughout history our Government has lied to us too many times to count. At times they've not even lied about certain events and the ongoings around them, but just have not been up front with the American public. That's perhaps one reason anyways.

cdcox
05-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Does anyone else sing the thread title to the tune of "The night they shot old Dixie down"?

big nasty kcnut
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
should of showed a picture then we would damn know it him.

qabbaan
05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I wasn't saying that I thought he wasn't dead or that he died a long time ago or anything like that. I believe their account that he died on or about the day that he did.

The story of what happened in the raid evolved in the sense that the first details made it sound like there was some sort of firefight, they also acted like he had a weapon and used a woman as a shield and was killed with a pinpoint shot while resisting, but later it came to sound more like an execution; that they were not to take him prisoner. It also seemed murky about the others killed in the compound.

I'm fine with all of that. I understand why they need to tell more of a Captain America story to the international press. I just hope that one day, when/if this radical Isalm thing passes into history, that we will know what decisions were really in place and what really happened during the raid and to the body and all. Despite this guy being the scum of the earth it is a bit of a fearful thing for the government to openly engage in something that borders on assassination so I hope history tells the full story. When it is prudent we should get to know those things. Personally I hope he was embalmed in bacon grease and fed to pigs.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-04-2012, 08:12 PM
bittin by a looseseal

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 08:21 PM
should of showed a picture then we would damn know it him.yeah, then everyone screams photoshoped.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Despite this guy being the scum of the earth it is a bit of a fearful thing for the government to openly engage in something that borders on assassination so I hope history tells the full story. When it is prudent we should get to know those things. Personally I hope he was embalmed in bacon grease and fed to pigs.I'm good with my government assasinating Bin Laden. :thumb:

Psyko Tek
05-04-2012, 09:16 PM

well maybe the helicopter crash was a cover up to make sure muslim extremists did not go after seal team six

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 09:27 PM
well maybe the helicopter crash was a cover up to make sure muslim extremists did not go after seal team sixIf you are a member of Seal team 6, are you scared of anything, especially terriosts reprisals?

BigRedChief
05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
I agree 100%, had to have been a big balls, risk it all decision... and thats coming from a guy who plans to vote third party from here on out, if thats a wasted vote, fine, its going to be wasted anyway the way things are, until there is some true change within American politics.

But i'm just real tired of some acting like a Republican prez wouldnt have be blaring their own horns about it just as much as Obama.The CIA told Obama the day before the operation was green lighted that the chance of OBL being there was less than the chance of WMD being in Iraq that they told to George W.