Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 02:24 PM
http://www.ramblingmorons.com/?p=1236

Predarat
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/bye.jpg

Fansy the Famous Bard
05-04-2012, 02:26 PM
maybe they'll hire someone that is somewhat bearable to listen to?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-04-2012, 02:27 PM
As someone in radio who is and has worked with a lot of goofy looking bastards I have to say... that is one goofy looking bastard.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
His Chiefs takes aren't bad at all.

gblowfish
610 burns through people like toilet paper.

|Zach|
One of the better ones in the city.

KCrockaholic
Where's he goin?

htismaqe
05-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Good. He's horrible.

-King-
nick wright ‏ @getnickwright

Nope just doing some weekends for Fox Radio RT @drovettaedge Posting for a host at 610. Is @getnickwright making the jump to national radio?

-King-
Good. He's horrible.
He was better than all the other talk shows by a mile.

kc rush
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Hopefully they will bring in a tolerable alternative to KK.

suds79
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Ah that sucks.

It was either Nick, who has some good inside Chief sources, or KK who brings on racin boys and talks grilling & golf. :shake:

Demonpenz
05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Kinda fun in person. Hoodie, big nose. Sort of a normal crunchy dude.

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 02:34 PM
KK will never leave his spot unless the other owners of the station force him off the air. Nothing worse than an owner with a microphone.

sedated
05-04-2012, 02:42 PM
610 burns through people like toilet paper.

I’m assuming its because they pay people dogsh!t.

sedated
05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I like Nick Wright. He’s pretty arrogant and tends to focus more on the Chiefs even when there is more significant news out there (I think to avoid the KU/MU fanbases), but he is the exact opposite of KK which is what this town needed. I’ve listened to him ever since he did the late night show, which he probably enjoyed more because he could talk NBA all night.

blaise
05-04-2012, 02:51 PM
I’m assuming its because they pay people dogsh!t.

That's probably the reason right there.

htismaqe
05-04-2012, 02:53 PM

If you like loud-mouthed punk posers, sure.

KCUnited
05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
The Explanation with Whitlock and the first segment on Monday's during the beginning of last years Chiefs season was some of the best radio this town has had in a while.

If it's true, I wish him well, good to have another Chiefs fan national.

Blick
05-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't listen to sports radio much, but I didn't mind him.

I thought his rant the other day about his step daughter's girl scout troop leader lady was entertaining.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Ah that sucks.

It was either Nick, who has some good inside Chief sources, or KK who brings on racin boys and talks grilling & golf. :shake:

I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'good' services; he was wrong about 1/2 the time.

But ultimately he was a hell of a lot better than KK, so there's that.

I wonder if they'll just make Parkens the pm slot guy now. I could live with that.

ChiefsCountry
05-04-2012, 03:15 PM
It was only a matter of time before he left Kansas City, young guy on track to go national. Best of luck to him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Slightly off the subject... what do you all think of Soren Petro? I have a young friend who interned with him last summer but never really gave me his opinion on his show. Just a n00b learning the ropes and not judging much.

He said Soren was a really nice guy and treated him great. Soren would give my friend his credit card and have him go get them lunch and tell him to get whatever he wanted for himself and never question any purchases. I know that's not a huge thing but it's still pretty cool of the guy considering my friend was just an intern and they may not ever see each other again.

Dave Lane
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
That sucks! other than Soren Petro he's the only guy in tHis town that is listenable

Predarat
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Hire Frank White.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'good' services; he was wrong about 1/2 the time.

But ultimately he was a hell of a lot better than KK, so there's that.

I wonder if they'll just make Parkens the pm slot guy now. I could live with that.

Would they move Fescoe to afternoon since he does so well in the morning?

Hammock Parties
05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
This sucks. I will miss him.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Would they move Fescoe to afternoon since he does so well in the morning?

Sarcasm? Does Fescoe actually do well in the morning?

Because if my options are KK or Fescoe, pm sports radio is simply done for me (and will be done for 90% of the mizzou fans in the city).

DJ's left nut
05-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Slightly off the subject... what do you all think of Soren Petro? I have a young friend who interned with him last summer but never really gave me his opinion on his show. Just a n00b learning the ropes and not judging much.

He said Soren was a really nice guy and treated him great. Soren would give my friend his credit card and have him go get them lunch and tell him to get whatever he wanted for himself and never question any purchases. I know that's not a huge thing but it's still pretty cool of the guy considering my friend was just an intern and they may not ever see each other again.

Best prepared, best informed, best radio guy in the city, IMO.

He does his homework and that's really all I ask.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Because if my options are KK or Fescoe, pm sports radio is simply done for me (and will be done for 90% of the mizzou fans in the city).

Fescoe has the #1 morning show outside of anyone not named Johnny Dare I believe.

sedated
05-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Slightly off the subject... what do you all think of Soren Petro?

IMHO, Petro was hit or miss when I was listening, but I rarely hear his show now that I have a regular job.

MOST times he would seem like the most prepared sports-talk host on radio. But occassionally he would seem lazy – having 2 minutes segments where he you could tell he’s ready to get out of there, eating his lunch on air, and filling Friday afternoons with “stump the chumps” (worst radio in KC).

lcarus
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
I liked him and his show. He seemed as big a fan of the Chiefs as I am, and had the same takes as I did, which was attractive as a listener.

Dave Lane
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM

This.

Dave Lane
05-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Best prepared, best informed, best radio guy in the city, IMO.

He does his homework and that's really all I ask.

Again Hammer > nail

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Parkins and Harrison might be the worst program on 610. Those guys are awful Parkins always talks about his back surgery and when they interview people it's like they both ask the same question.

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Fescoe is an utter douchebag.
He was too obnoxious even for St. Louis, and that's saying something.

One thing I like about Nick Wright is he knows Fescoe is a douche too, and treats him as such.

mr. tegu
05-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Wright was by far the best radio in the city. No horrible segments just taking up air time the way Petro does that worthless stump the chumps or the repeat last thirty minutes of KK's show.

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Inexplicably, Fescoe is ratings dynamite. I can't stand the guy, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Crazy talk here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Petro took Wright's spot. He could dominate his former boss on the afternoon drive slot.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Inexplicably, Fescoe is ratings dynamite. I can't stand the guy, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Crazy talk here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Petro took Wright's spot. He could dominate his former boss on the afternoon drive slot.

That. Would. Be. AWESOME.

suds79
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM

That's actually a decent idea. Petro is the only guy I can listen to on 810.

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 03:57 PM
And I agree, outside of the racin boyz segments, stump the chumps is the worst daytime radioing sports radio in town

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
That. Would. Be. AWESOME.

It's lightly hinted at in the blog post announcing Wright's departure

gblowfish
Petro probably has a non-compete clause in his contract. Usually on-air personalities have to be off the air in a market for somewhere between 1 and 2 years before they can re-surface. That happened with Mike Thompson leaving 4 to go to 5, and Gary Lezak leaving 4 to go to 41. That's pretty standard in the industry, unless the talent is able to buy out the deal, or not have it as part of the original employment contract. Most stations will insist on it being part of the deal.

suds79
And I agree, outside of the racin boyz segments, stump the chumps I'd the worst daytime radioing sports radio in town

Ah forgot about stump the chumps. That is terrible/lazy radio.

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Stump the Chumps goes back to when WHB first went on, and were at 1510 instead of 710. Soren and the old, drunk and foul Pete Enoch were early partners. Soren still keeps Pete around for God knows why. The guy said some wildly inappropriate stuff on 1510 about screwing little boys in Thailand. Nasty, ugly, creepy stuff.

KCUnited
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Carrington Harrison should be doing 3rd shift Sunday radio, he sounds like someones little brother on the mic.

That said, Parkins would be the closest Nick Wright clone.

DJ's left nut
05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Stump the chumps sucks something fierce.

blowfish - you think he had enough clout during his last round of negotiations to perhaps ensure that the language isn't in there? If Petro refused to sign a new deal with a non-compete in it, 810 may have caved to him rather than lose him.

Seems unlikely, but it's not impossible.

Dayze
05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Petro should be put at the 2pm slot.

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Since a new group of college seniors are getting ready to graduate, Entercom will probably pick one up, pay them $14,000 a year and burn them out in a year, then cycle it all over again next year.

As long as guys want to buy boner pills and there's home mortgage companies buying airtime, wtf do they care?

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Stump the chumps sucks something fierce.

blowfish - you think he had enough clout during his last round of negotiations to perhaps ensure that the language isn't in there? If Petro refused to sign a new deal with a non-compete in it, 810 may have caved to him rather than lose him.

Seems unlikely, but it's not impossible.

Hard to say. Back when I was in Radio and TV (the stone age...the 1980s) this was pretty typical for any TV or radio talent. That's why sometimes a local guy will go from KC to St. Louis or Omaha or somewhere for a year, then return to a competing station. There's been sports guys that have done that here. Sports radio is a growing niche, and there's a lot of job opportunities for experienced hosts.

Union Broadcasting (WHB) is a bit different because they really ARE a mom and pop broadcaster, not part of a conglommo like Entercom or Clear Channel. Their air staff rarely changes. KK is still on the air because he's one of the owners. Not sure what Petro's deal is. I'm not sure he'd want to work for Entercom unless they threw a shitload of $$$ at him.

KCUnited
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Josh Klingler could move into the 2pm slot, they could call it "Talking Sport With Your Neighbor".

keg in kc
05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
He always struck me as the love child of a Kietzman, Whitlock and Jim Rome three-way and I can't stand any of those guys. Too much ego, too much self-promotion, yet another guy where the show is too much about him rather than the sports and athletes he's supposed to cover. These guys are mostly interchangeable for me, the only parts of any of their shows that I like are when they do interviews, because the focus shifts at least a little bit to somebody else for a few minutes.

And you can add me to the list of people who like Petro's show, but hate Stump the Chumps. That's turn-the-dial radio for me.

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll tell you this, though: Whats Wright was entertaining radio, but I won't miss the 50% of the show dedicated to bro-guff between the on-air talent.

05-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I'll tell you this, though: Whats Wright was entertaining radio, but I won't miss the 50% of the show dedicated to bro-guff between the on-air talent.

Both networks are guilty of that. KK and his grilling and wine crap were annoying as all hell. Plus, he doesn't talk Chiefs near as much as he should. He really pushes all the other sports.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Petro probably has a non-compete clause in his contract. Usually on-air personalities have to be off the air in a market for somewhere between 1 and 2 years before they can re-surface. That happened with Mike Thompson leaving 4 to go to 5, and Gary Lezak leaving 4 to go to 41. That's pretty standard in the industry, unless the talent is able to buy out the deal, or not have it as part of the original employment contract. Most stations will insist on it being part of the deal.

Damn when did Mike Thompson go to Channel 5?

I just saw him on 4?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-04-2012, 04:23 PM

6 months is the longest I've ever seen on a non-compete but I don't work in KC.

HonestChieffan
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
All KC sports radio sucks balls

mnchiefsguy
05-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Damn when did Mike Thompson go to Channel 5?

I just saw him on 4?

Mike Thompson started out on Channel 5 many, many years ago. He left Channel 5 and was off the air in KC for a couple of years before joining Channel 4.

Al Bundy
05-04-2012, 05:30 PM

I lived out in Vegas when Petro was out there. He really is a good dude, even though what he did to Nick Wright was bush league.

Deberg_1990
05-04-2012, 05:32 PM
As someone in radio who is and has worked with a lot of goofy looking bastards I have to say... that is one goofy looking bastard.

You would know. You definitely have a face for radio. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
05-04-2012, 05:33 PM
If you think Nick Wright is a talentless no talent ass clown, well you don't understand what drives sports talk radio. If you dislike his takes and opinions, and as a person that is another. Nick Wright was at the very worst the #3 sports talk show of my preference, but probably the #1 in terms of having a fast track to a national level.

05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Nick is the only one I care to listen to.

htismaqe
05-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd be interested to know how many people that prefer Nick Wright are under 35.

I'd venture to guess, from the responses, that it's over 90%.

|Zach|
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM

I miss Don Fortune. /shit nobody says

Wright always had a unique well thought out take. He added a lot of value in a medium (sports radio) that is a completely horrible and self loathing pathetic world. The guy didn't take himself too seriously and had a decent show.

58-4ever
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM

I like Nick. I'll certainly miss him. It looks like I'll be listening to music on the way home now. What is it that makes him less appealing to the over 35 crowd in your opinion?

05-04-2012, 06:14 PM

I'm over 35 and would take him over KK any day of the week.

cabletech94
05-04-2012, 06:22 PM

this exactly.

i met him at opening day. he was very cordial. actually went out of his way to shake my hand. and yes. i washed it very soon thereafter.

blaise
05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I like Nick. I don't think he'll be able to go consistently national unless he eliminates politics from his show. Maybe he has. It's been a while since I listened, because I don't like in KC. But I like Nick. I'm sure he'll be around somewhere.

gblowfish
05-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Yep, Thompson went from 5 to 4, my bad, got them reversed.

Bowser
05-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I actually made it in on Stump the Chumps once. I got them, too. They didn't know the answer. However, that old bastard Enoch got me with a question like "Who was a captain for the Ohio State football team that went on to play for the Royals?" I guessed George Orta, which supsrisingly wasn't correct. Pete Enoch stole dinner for two at Jazz from me with a ridiculously inane question, the old fart.

But yeah, count me in as someone that doesn't like Stump the Chumps. That's about when I fire up Sirius/XM and catch the last hour of Gannon/Schein ont he NFL network.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ah forgot about stump the chumps. That is terrible/lazy radio.The absolute worst. Pathetic.

BigRedChief
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm over 35 and would take him over KK any day of the week.Keitzman use to say the old geezer was on the way out, he's the new blood. Now he is the old geezer and brings nothing to the table.

ChiefMojo
05-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm in my 30's and more times than not can't stand to listen to Nick. Actually the only guy on KC sports radio I can stand for more than 5-minutes is Petro. KC sports radio in general really SUCKS!!!! I hope 610 brings in someone with a little more age, a sports background and someone that has good connections to the sporting world. Doesn't mean they have to be a Pro athlete, just someone that knows the ins and outs of the sports world.

durtyrute
05-04-2012, 07:30 PM
muthafucking cock sucking dick head fucking shit face piece of shit idiot fucking FUJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK\

He was the only one on KC radio that was worth a damn. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Dammit

Rant over....good luck Nick I listen to you show almost everyday (except when it was all about baseball) Hopefully I'll catch your next gig too.

Peace

sedated
05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I think Fescoe is a giant douche, but still find myself listening to him over the border patrol, and I really don't know why. Steven st John was funny at one time but now he's just whiney, bukatay has always seemed like a little dork, and their show seems like 75% mizzou talk. Even when they talk chiefs and royals, they don't say anything substantive, they just bitch.

GoHuge
05-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I find it interesting to hear people constantly bashing KK, but he beats Nick Wright in ratings almost all the time. So who the hell is that listens to the guy then?

I've never been a Nick Wright fan. Just annoys the hell out of me. Actually there isn't a single time slot I'd rather listen to 610 over 810. Yeah I understand a lot of people don't like "Stump the Chumps" and I'm no fan. KK has his segments with golf, grilling, and the Racin Boys, (I'm a NASCAR fan and can't stand them) but those are 4 segments out of the entire week. Guess I don't understand the bitching about a couple of 25 minute segments throughout the entire week. I don't enjoy them, but I know when they are coming so I can flip the station. Problem I have with Nick Wright is his constant off topic stupid shit.

I guess everyone has a style that they enjoy it's just that Nick Wright's isn't for me. I do think it's extremely stupid on the part of Entercom if they are parting ways with him over a small $$ amount, but who knows the exact reason. He's their first legit competition for KK and they are parting ways? 610 (Entercom) is just pathetic. The turnover at that station is something I've never seen played out in a public way like they've done it. They hire shit for talent and then get a guy that people enjoy and then they can't keep him or make it work. Good luck to Nick if he is leaving and is trying to go national or take a step up, but I have a hard time believing he's gonna make it when he can't beat out a guy like KK in KC.

I met Nick one night at Harrah's playing poker with him and he's much more likeable in person than on the radio. BTW the guy is a terrible poker player. If you see him in the poker room do your best to sit at the table he's playing at.

Have met KK at a couple remotes and seems like a good guy. Don't have much of an opinion one way or another about the dude.

I actually know Soren fairly well and he's fun as hell to be around in person. I think he's the best guy in KC hands down (St. John is by far the funniest). I wouldn't mind it one bit to see Soren in the 2-6 time slot, but you can put this down in ink...........it won't be on 610.

Braincase
05-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I think this proves that there is a God.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I find it interesting to hear people constantly bashing KK, but he beats Nick Wright in ratings almost all the time. So who the hell is that listens to the guy then?

I've never been a Nick Wright fan. Just annoys the hell out of me. Actually there isn't a single time slot I'd rather listen to 610 over 810. Yeah I understand a lot of people don't like "Stump the Chumps" and I'm no fan. KK has his segments with golf, grilling, and the Racin Boys, (I'm a NASCAR fan and can't stand them) but those are 4 segments out of the entire week. Guess I don't understand the bitching about a couple of 25 minute segments throughout the entire week. I don't enjoy them, but I know when they are coming so I can flip the station. Problem I have with Nick Wright is his constant off topic stupid shit.

I guess everyone has a style that they enjoy it's just that Nick Wright's isn't for me. I do think it's extremely stupid on the part of Entercom if they are parting ways with him over a small $$ amount, but who knows the exact reason. He's their first legit competition for KK and they are parting ways? 610 (Entercom) is just pathetic. The turnover at that station is something I've never seen played out in a public way like they've done it. They hire shit for talent and then get a guy that people enjoy and then they can't keep him or make it work. Good luck to Nick if he is leaving and is trying to go national or take a step up, but I have a hard time believing he's gonna make it when he can't beat out a guy like KK in KC.

I met Nick one night at Harrah's playing poker with him and he's much more likeable in person than on the radio. BTW the guy is a terrible poker player. If you see him in the poker room do your best to sit at the table he's playing at.

Have met KK at a couple remotes and seems like a good guy. Don't have much of an opinion one way or another about the dude.

I actually know Soren fairly well and he's fun as hell to be around in person. I think he's the best guy in KC hands down (St. John is by far the funniest). I wouldn't mind it one bit to see Soren in the 2-6 time slot, but you can put this down in ink...........it won't be on 610.

610 has been beating 810 for awhile now. He wouldn't say but it does sound like Nick is leaving to do something national. He filled in a few weeks ago on Fox Sports.

Nick talks about his gambling addiction all the time and how he won 100k and blew it all on gambling and strip clubs. You probably saw him then.

qabbaan
05-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm guessing someone who can take over a pretty established market like he did here in KC can make a lot more elsewhere. Can't blame him for trying.

Strongside
05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
This actually kind of bums me out. I like Nick. Him dogging Carm all the time cracks me up. I'd like to see Carrington get a shot at his spot. I think Carrington Harrison has a lot of potential.

Molitoth
05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
610 comes in like shit in St. Joe, so I'm stuck with 810. =(

I don't mind Petro, but KK is just terrible.

Messier
05-04-2012, 10:27 PM
This actually kind of bums me out. I like Nick. Him dogging Carm all the time cracks me up. I'd like to see Carrington get a shot at his spot. I think Carrington Harrison has a lot of potential.

This is the kind of radio that I can't stand. The host is cracking jokes at the expense of a co-host, or engineer, or whoever, and they sass him right back. They do it on the morning show on 810 as well, and I just don't care about the radio hosts busting each others chops. It's boring, they aren't my friends, and it's just not funny to me. Not saying it's bad to find it funny, it's just not for me.

kcxiv
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM

During football season i listen to Nick. When its over, i switch over to 710 Espn L.A for Max and Marcellus for Lakers/Dodgers.

KK is hard to listen to. I try to just pull out the interviews. They are good about putting up their interviews on ITUNES so thats a huge plus, cut out all the crap and listen to the analysts/players.

Ming the Merciless
05-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Fuck that Troll. That's all I ever heard was basically him trolling for effect.

MAYBE if he was really like that, or at least more believable, it would be entertaining.

But, since he is obviously trolling a lot of the time it just doesn't work.

I understand a lot of radio show hosts troll....I do....Its just they actually pull it off.

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 10:53 PM
A couple thoughts:

I listen to podcasts or KC sports radio far too much. I am a research assistant at ku med, and much of what I do is the most banal, repetitive shit, despite what CSI might lead you to believe. I make up for repeated pipetting of 100microliter increments by listening to these guys throughout the week. Keitzman is unbearable to most, but his bread and butter is the older crowd, who have nothing but time on their hands. And, to KK's credit, he seems to placate them with his BBQ and racing segments. But the past year has seen a tremendous sea change, seemingly ignited by the conference realignment talk that saw him parlay his "good ol' boy" image (intern BJ's be-damned!) into a "well, shucks, I just don't care about the dam muney!" approach to the situation. That lost a lot, and his increasingly nonchalant prioritizing of K-State athletics was the crux that brought even more over to 610 sports.

Well, Nick Wright capitalized. He's the anti-Keitzman, in that he is willing to fight for the unpopular and argue the counterpoint, which made for some fun radio. I ended up dropping morning and lunchtime sports radio, in favor for podcasts, because I couldn't stand the 810 lineup, and certainly wasn't about to switch to 610. Steven St. John is making a potentially career-ending decision by hamstringing himself to the walking anxiety attack, Nate Bukaty. Any time they give Bukaty guff, his uncomfortable, social awkwardness ruined any potential rapport they had going, and it just ruined that show. Petro often had unique and educated viewpoints, but had his own Bukaty in the entire "Stump the Chumps" staff, and I ended up just chalking anything before 2pm as a total loss. Besides, they now are competing with new media, and I'd much rather listen to The Nerdist or Hardcore History podcasts.

Well, 2 pm comes around, and I make a discerned effort to listen to Nick Wright. He had some very entertaining guests, he admittedly egged callers into some hilarious rant/call-in moments, and really made listening fun. I just don't think there's anybody in this market that can take his place. I'm not saying the man's a legend, because he had far too many faults for that legacy; I am saying, though, everything else is just a worse-smelling shit.

Stanley Nickels
05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I used to play 2/5 No limit against Nick Wright at Harrah's. Dude was terrible. Hearing him openly admit and talk about his gambling addiction, shed a lot of light on those times. But I think I have a few things at my house that he might've directly paid for. My gain! :D

Messier
05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
A couple thoughts:

I listen to podcasts or KC sports radio far too much. I am a research assistant at ku med, and much of what I do is the most banal, repetitive shit, despite what CSI might lead you to believe. I make up for repeated pipetting of 100microliter increments by listening to these guys throughout the week. Keitzman is unbearable to most, but his bread and butter is the older crowd, who have nothing but time on their hands. And, to KK's credit, he seems to placate them with his BBQ and racing segments. But the past year has seen a tremendous sea change, seemingly ignited by the conference realignment talk that saw him parlay his "good ol' boy" image (intern BJ's be-damned!) into a "well, shucks, I just don't care about the dam muney!" approach to the situation. That lost a lot, and his increasingly nonchalant prioritizing of K-State athletics was the crux that brought even more over to 610 sports.

Well, Nick Wright capitalized. He's the anti-Keitzman, in that he is willing to fight for the unpopular and argue the counterpoint, which made for some fun radio. I ended up dropping morning and lunchtime sports radio, in favor for podcasts, because I couldn't stand the 810 lineup, and certainly wasn't about to switch to 610. Steven St. John is making a potentially career-ending decision by hamstringing himself to the walking anxiety attack, Nate Bukaty. Any time they give Bukaty guff, his uncomfortable, social awkwardness ruined any potential rapport they had going, and it just ruined that show. Petro often had unique and educated viewpoints, but had his own Bukaty in the entire "Stump the Chumps" staff, and I ended up just chalking anything before 2pm as a total loss. Besides, they now are competing with new media, and I'd much rather listen to The Nerdist or Hardcore History podcasts.

Well, 2 pm comes around, and I make a discerned effort to listen to Nick Wright. He had some very entertaining guests, he admittedly egged callers into some hilarious rant/call-in moments, and really made listening fun. I just don't think there's anybody in this market that can take his place. I'm not saying the man's a legend, because he had far too many faults for that legacy; I am saying, though, everything else is just a worse-smelling shit.

I agree with most of what you're saying. Except I think, based on what I like, Petro is the best host in town. I agree, Stump the Chumps is just awful, but Petro seems to just be all about sports. The other day when everyone was devoting their entire show to talking about Junior Seau, he acknowledged it, but then when on talking about sports. Not to say the Seau story wasn't something to talk about, but when everyone was spending whole hours on it, it was refreshing to hear someone move on to talk about the local stories. Petro seems to spend more time than anyone analyzing sports.

MMXcalibur
05-05-2012, 12:50 AM
I listen via my iPhone app to either 610 or 810, whomever was talking Chiefs. Nick talked more about the Chiefs, so in that aspect he will be missed.

Epic Fail 007
05-05-2012, 01:33 AM

let me guess your between 15 and 30. you would say this. he sucks. glad hes leaving.

nychief
05-05-2012, 02:19 AM
let me guess your between 15 and 30. you would say this. he sucks. glad hes leaving.

Lemme guess... You are another used up old dick, 45 to whogivesashit, who shakes his stick at everything he doesn't understand.... So a lot of shit. Get use to it.

acesn8s
05-05-2012, 02:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/bye.jpgThis

**** that Troll. That's all I ever heard was basically him trolling for effect.

MAYBE if he was really like that, or at least more believable, it would be entertaining.

But, since he is obviously trolling a lot of the time it just doesn't work.

I understand a lot of radio show hosts troll....I do....Its just they actually pull it off. and this.

Dave Lane
05-05-2012, 06:14 AM

I'm way over that demo and had him second to Petro

Nzoner
05-05-2012, 07:26 AM

this exactly.

i met him at opening day. he was very cordial. actually went out of his way to shake my hand. and yes. i washed it very soon thereafter.

I'm way over that demo and had him second to Petro

Well over 35 and and prefer Nick's show,had a few drinks with him at a St Joe sports bar and a very entertaining discussion on the NFL and gambling.

Saul Good
05-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm 33. He's second to Petro to me, but the gap between them is huge. When he stays away from race, he's good. It's pretty obvious that Petro and Wright do a ton of show prep. KK just rolls in an pulls things out of his ass.

ChiefMojo
05-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I think some are failing to digest being 2nd to Petro is still quite lame overall. KC sports talk radio really really SUCKS!!!! For anyone that has had the luxury of listening to outside market sport radio (not talking national guys) will find the people of KC or the listening region have been given a piece of crap for quite awhile now. We are just use to it and accept it. Just wish they would get better overall talent into KC.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I don't get it.

People bitch about Keitzman talking golf and grilling.

Yet the few times I've tuned into Nick he's either bashing on one of his studio-mates or talking about poker.

I've even tuned in due to teasers about the Chiefs only to have him return from commercial and talk about something COMPLETELY different.

I'm glad that 2 of 3 people that are over 35 and still listen to him mentioned that they've met him in person because he just seems like the kind of guy that would end up getting beat up at a party.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 08:15 AM
That lost a lot, and his increasingly nonchalant prioritizing of K-State athletics was the crux that brought even more over to 610 sports.

You obviously haven't listened to Keitzman in a LONG, LONG time.

He NEVER talks K-State anymore. Even with the basketball situation that took place, Petro talked far more about it than he did.

Here's another dynamic that I just considered:

I live near Des Moines and listen on the Internet. I'm not a fan of KU, K-State, or Mizzou. I don't care really at all about the Big 12 other than the 1 time a year we get to hammer Iowa State. Even when he gets on his "the Big 12 is the smartest conference because they went to 10 teams. More money for everybody!" kick, I still listen because I don't care.

I wonder if THAT is part of this as well. Perception drives a lot of people in KC to listen to this guy or that guy because he's pro-Mizzou or pro-KU.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I think some are failing to digest being 2nd to Petro is still quite lame overall. KC sports talk radio really really SUCKS!!!! For anyone that has had the luxury of listening to outside market sport radio (not talking national guys) will find the people of KC or the listening region have been given a piece of crap for quite awhile now. We are just use to it and accept it. Just wish they would get better overall talent into KC.

I've listened extensively to sports-only radio in Omaha, Des Moines, Chicago, and Minneapolis. The idea that KC is just a shit market really isn't true.

Nzoner
I don't get it.

People bitch about Keitzman talking golf and grilling.

Yet the few times I've tuned into Nick he's either bashing on one of his studio-mates or talking about poker.

I've even tuned in due to teasers about the Chiefs only to have him return from commercial and talk about something COMPLETELY different.

I'm glad that 2 of 3 people that are over 35 and still listen to him mentioned that they've met him in person because he just seems like the kind of guy that would end up getting beat up at a party.

I listened to his show before I met him and liked it then as well.In my opinion it reminds me of sitting at the bar with the guys and shooting the shit.One minute someone is busting someone's balls and the next we're talking about the Chiefs and so on.Again,just one fans take.

ChiefMojo
The thing that makes Petro the best in KC is the fact he talks sports, 99.5% of the time. The other .5% if generally him talking about food if I were to guess. It is like Petro actually cares sports... I know crazy to think?

I don't want to hear your childish bro-gruff rants and personal attacks on one another. Just talk freaking sports all the time, every time!!! Is that to much to ask? In reality the one that spend 3/4 of their show just shooting the bull really aren't doing their job. They use all that filler time because they didn't study up on the sports around them enough. You can go down to the local donut shop and shoot the bull with a bunch of old guys who probably know more about what is going on in world of sports then our local slapdicks.

I've spent enough time listening to sports radio in Denver and Dallas/Ft. Worth while on the road to know KC is sorely lacking.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 08:24 AM
I listened to his show before I met him and liked it then as well.In my opinion it reminds me of sitting at the bar with the guys and shooting the shit.One minute someone is busting someone's balls and the next we're talking about the Chiefs and so on.Again,just one fans take.

See, I listen to the Border Patrol every day (sitting at a computer filing TPS reports can be quite boring) and THAT is the kind of show that reminds me of sitting at a bar. They're constantly bringing up weird YouTube clips (me and my friends do that, people HERE do that), talking about strange stuff, and just generally laughing and having a good time.

It's hard to put it into words because I'm only 38 and "generational gap" certainly shouldn't be in my vocabulary. But Nick just TOTALLY reminds me of a nephew who grew up in an upper middle class home, being obnoxious because he desperately wants "street cred". I guess maybe that's it, he doesn't seem real to me. He seems like a character.

blaise
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
The thing I always hated about 610 was that they play pre-recorded interviews. Maybe they stopped, but I always hated that.
"Earlier today we spoke to Will Shields, this is what he said..." Just boring crap. I've never heard any other market do that.

Messier
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Another thing 610 does is tease a story into the break. "We have some big news coming out of Arrowhead...and we'll talk about it next." I know it's to keep you listening, but if it were "Big news" they'd talk about it as soon as possible.

KCUnited
05-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm 36 and prefer Wright to KK. KK is simply a buffoon. I rarely agree with Wright, but he's always prepared for his show and imo is the most honest about the Chiefs/Cassel situation.

ChiefMojo
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
That is the problem you are trying to compare Wright to KK. I would take Wright all the time over KK as well but that isn't saying much at all. KK only has a job because he is partial owner of the station. He is beyond horrible to listen to and his overall show just sucks something fierce!

I think most peoples rants about the situation comes to the fact we hope and pray 610 brings in someone good to smash KK. If 610 puts a good product out there after 2:00 PM, no one would give KK the time of day.

Dave Lane
05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
That is the problem you are trying to compare Wright to KK. I would take Wright all the time over KK as well but that isn't saying much at all. KK only has a job because he is partial owner of the station. He is beyond horrible to listen to and his overall show just sucks something fierce!

I think most peoples rants about the situation comes to the fact we hope and pray 610 brings in someone good to smash KK. If 610 puts a good product out there after 2:00 PM, no one would give KK the time of day.

KK used to be a breath of fresh air. Like 15 years ago. Now its golf, BBQ, nonsensical takes, and talking about the stupidest non-sports related stuff everytime I listen. Can't stand listening to him.

Wright and Petro are prepared, know their stuff and I think are actually fans of sports not just people doing it for a living.

Messier
05-05-2012, 09:53 AM
It's funny that KK use to make so much fun of Don Fortune, and now that's who he is.

Epic Fail 007
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Lemme guess... You are another used up old dick, 45 to whogivesashit, who shakes his stick at everything he doesn't understand.... So a lot of shit. Get use to it.

no sir im 34 i just like maturity

doomy3
05-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Damn, that sucks if true. Wright is my favorite show in KC, followed by Border Patrol.

morphius
05-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I only really listened to either of them in the car, and it is impossible for me to get upset about this. I always caught the insult the co-workers part of the show, and only rarely caught the Chiefs things. I'm cool with that when I'm hanging out with my friends but in limited time I'd rather hear something sports related. I don't think I've listened to either in 6 months.

lcarus
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm 29 and a fan of Nick Wright. I live in Tulsa so I only listen online, and I don't listen very much. Only occasionally, but the times I have listened, it's a lot better than the sports shows down here.

gblowfish
05-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Radio personalities come and go. KC's had Don "The Weasel" Fortune, Ed "Superfan" Beeler, D.A., John Renshaw, Chris and Cowboy, etc etc etc. If you're in radio, you can't be a tree hugger.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm 36 and prefer Wright to KK. KK is simply a buffoon. I rarely agree with Wright, but he's always prepared for his show and imo is the most honest about the Chiefs/Cassel situation.

Keitzman, for all of his faults, is 100% honest about the Cassel situation. He's been on the "get an elite QB any way you can" bus for a couple of years.

DeezNutz
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Keitzman, for all of his faults, is 100% honest about the Cassel situation. He's been on the "get an elite QB any way you can" bus for a couple of years.

Kind of.

He's a reactionary dipshit who proclaimed that the QB situation was solidified when Cassel was acquired, without having seen the turd play a single down. Just like he proclaimed Scott Pioli and Dayton Moore to be saviors before they'd executed a single thing in their current positions.

Then, when reality slaps him in the face, he can react again, which is exactly what he's done with all three of the above examples. And let's not even get started on Missouri and the SEC.

KCUnited
05-05-2012, 01:49 PM

That's why I put Chiefs/Cassel.

Titty Meat
05-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Radio personalities come and go. KC's had Don "The Weasel" Fortune, Ed "Superfan" Beeler, D.A., John Renshaw, Chris and Cowboy, etc etc etc. If you're in radio, you can't be a tree hugger.

Where'd Don Fortune go? I remember when he use to do Blades games.

BWillie
05-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I used to play 2/5 No limit against Nick Wright at Harrah's. Dude was terrible. Hearing him openly admit and talk about his gambling addiction, shed a lot of light on those times. But I think I have a few things at my house that he might've directly paid for. My gain! :D

Haha. He is a degen. Yeah, never seen him play 2/5 before, but I see him all the time mosey to the 1/2 tables. I have actually played 2/5 with Parkins and I didn't even know it was him until after he left. He was very quiet at the table. He seems to be the biggest degen out of the bunch. I really don't mind Parkins but I know alot of ppl hate him around here. Parkins at least is an upgrade over Shariff, Shariff was the worst around. Dude didn't even know anything about sports. Once Parkins has a handle on the KC sports scene, he'll be alright.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Kind of.

He's a reactionary dipshit who proclaimed that the QB situation was solidified when Cassel was acquired, without having seen the turd play a single down. Just like he proclaimed Scott Pioli and Dayton Moore to be saviors before they'd executed a single thing in their current positions.

Then, when reality slaps him in the face, he can react again, which is exactly what he's done with all three of the above examples. And let's not even get started on Missouri and the SEC.

Oh yeah, when Missouri was off to the Big 10 it was the greatest thing ever - sticking it to Texas was awesome.

But when they split for the SEC they were traitorous and trying to damage the Big 12.

He's definitely a reactionary but that doesn't necessarily make him any less CORRECT about the Chiefs QB situation.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 02:05 PM

I believe DA went to Boston, didn't he? He got promoted, in essence.

Titty Meat
05-05-2012, 02:26 PM

He left for Miami and then went to Boston.

Robo-Chachi
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
It took me awhile to fully warm up to Wright, but I since I have, I listen to his show 100% of the time.

I can't stand Kietzman for many of the reasons others have already mentioned. KK has become what he once fought against, Don Fortune. Kietzman is nothing like when he started at 1510. Now he's just fat and happy. In love with the sound of his own voice. He always seems hostile to anyone who dares to disagree with him. Being opinionated is one thing. His "I'm right and you are wrong" attitude on the other hand is terrible, especially for someone who is wrong about things as often as KK is. When is isn't on the defensive, he is going on for 10 minutes or so about All About Fitness or whatever other sponsor he's polishing that day.

Wright actually seems to put work into his show, getting information from sources and teams. I imagine KK just has some intern call public relations for a quote.

I've been hoping for Petro to go up against Kietzman ever since the day Fortune left 980. Sadly, it doesn't seem that will ever happen and 610 will never have any continuity.

wazu
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Nick Wright was the best show we had. Bummer.

aturnis
05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I only really listened to either of them in the car, and it is impossible for me to get upset about this. I always caught the insult the co-workers part of the show, and only rarely caught the Chiefs things. I'm cool with that when I'm hanging out with my friends but in limited time I'd rather hear something sports related. I don't think I've listened to either in 6 months.

Dan Patrick is the king of this. Always shows himself to be superior to his crew in each and every way. Can't really listen to him unless it's all I've got access to.

blaise
05-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Dan Patrick is the king of this. Always shows himself to be superior to his crew in each and every way. Can't really listen to him unless it's all I've got access to.

That's so many shows. Howard Stern did it all the time. The lackey producer is basically stock radio material.

Al Bundy
05-05-2012, 06:16 PM
That's so many shows. Howard Stern did it all the time. The lackey producer is basically stock radio material.

That clown Johnny Dare does it to one of his underlings non stop. Although I work with a guy who went to high school with the "tard" guy and said he is a complete douchebag and deserves it.

htismaqe
05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
He left for Miami and then went to Boston.

So he got promoted TWICE. :)

Stewie
05-06-2012, 06:45 AM

DA is Petro's guy in Boston when he does his segment talking to different sports broadcasters around the country.

blaise
05-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I follow DA on twitter. I see different KC people pop up in his timeline, still.

baitism
05-06-2012, 08:43 AM
With this and 610 dropping Rome, it might be time to get Sirius again.

Lex Luthor
05-06-2012, 09:05 AM
With this and 610 dropping Rome, it might be time to get Sirius again.
I was starting to think I was the only one who missed the Jim Rome show.

I just got a car with Sirius XM, and I listen to it all the time. No more lame local talk show hosts.

DTLB58
05-06-2012, 09:18 AM
The only reason I listened or listen to any KC radio personality is because of just that, they are in KC, so I can get Chiefs news. I thought he was he was a totally tard.

Just like most of these guys at some point in time they always end up thinking they are bigger than their show or the sports they cover. He did.

On an unrelated note, being a Chiefs fan in Iowa I love my iphone apps that allow me to listen to KC radio in my truck. :clap:

Al Bundy
05-06-2012, 09:27 AM

I just got a car with Sirius XM, and I listen to it all the time. No more lame local talk show hosts.

I have had Sirius since 2003.. I wouldn't be able to live without it.

blaise
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM

When I'm at work I stream his show from my computer.

milkman
05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
When I'm at work I stream his show from my computer.

You're either an "A" or an "F".

blaise
05-06-2012, 09:48 AM
You're either an "A" or an "F".

That's right. I was also the Grossie O'Donnell Sports Minute.

Al Bundy
05-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Ohhh and Jim Rome and Colin Cowturd are the 2 worst national hosts period.

milkman
05-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Ohhh and Jim Rome and Colin Cowturd are the 2 worst national hosts period.

Rome can be juvilnile and stupid, and his "clones" are irritating as hell.

But his interviews are among the best.

I like Cowherd.

Don't aways agree with him, but he is almost always interesting.

The worst national show that I'm familiar with is The Scott Van Pelt Show.

He and Ryan Russilo are simply boring, and their interviews are burdensome and painful to listen to.

Al Bundy
05-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Rome can be juvilnile and stupid, and his "clones" are irritating as hell.

But his interviews are among the best.

I like Cowherd.

Don't aways agree with him, but he is almost always interesting.

The worst national show that I'm familiar with is The Scott Van Pelt Show.

He and Ryan Russilo are simply boring, and their interviews are burdensome and painful to listen to.

I hear you on the Van Pelt show.

lcarus
05-06-2012, 11:22 AM

You know what's a shame? Jim Rome could be really entertaining, if only he didn't spend so much of his airtime playing silly sound clips and repeating them over and over and over and over and over again. Or making a really lame joke and repeating it for a half hour. Also the callers are unbearable most of the time. The "smackoffs" or whatever. Nothing lamer than a 40 year old couch potato Eagles fan who calls in to sports shows trying to sound like the hippest motherfucker that ever lived.

morphius
05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
You know what's a shame? Jim Rome could be really entertaining, if only he didn't spend so much of his airtime playing silly sound clips and repeating them over and over and over and over and over again. Or making a really lame joke and repeating it for a half hour. Also the callers are unbearable most of the time. The "smackoffs" or whatever. Nothing lamer than a 40 year old couch potato Eagles fan who calls in to sports shows trying to sound like the hippest motherfucker that ever lived.
For some reason, it seems that 98% of callers into sports/talk radio shows come off as idiots.

KcMizzou
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
For some reason, it seems that 98% of callers into sports/talk radio shows come off as idiots.Rome callers are even worse than average. He encourages douche baggery.

Messier
05-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I think most of the smart listeners don't bother calling in, for fear of sounding like an idiot. I wish most Shows didn't take calls, its like one in 100 that is worth listening to. I don't like Rome, but he's right when he says, more of me and less of you is a good thing.

Al Bundy
05-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I think most of the smart listeners don't bother calling in, for fear of sounding like an idiot. I wish most Shows didn't take calls, its like one in 100 that is worth listening to. I don't like Rome, but he's right when he says, more of me and less of you is a good thing.

NFL Radio callers are the best of the bunch as far as callers.

qabbaan
05-06-2012, 12:31 PM
No, he will never do TV. Behind a radio mic in a small city his schtick might fly, but on tv you'd just see he's a mouthy little pipsqueak

qabbaan
05-06-2012, 12:33 PM
For some reason, it seems that 98% of callers into sports/talk radio shows come off as idiots.

They are ;)

blaise
05-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Often times the idiots are the most entertaining. The train wreck ones, that is. The ones that take themselves too seriously are normally boring. I don't really care what some random dude's breakdown of the Sixers/Bulls series is, or what he thinks of the scouting report on some running back.

RockChalk
05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Not sure how I missed this, but what exactly did Petro do to Wright? I've never heard this story...

blaise
05-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Not sure how I missed this, but what exactly did Petro do to Wright? I've never heard this story...

I think they were both in the press box at a Royals game and Petro big timed him, or talked badly about him like he wasn't standing right there or something.

Bowser
05-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I think they were both in the press box at a Royals game and Petro big timed him, or talked badly about him like he wasn't standing right there or something.

Didn't he intern for Petro as well, or something?

blaise
05-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Didn't he intern for Petro as well, or something?

I think you're right. I think he did intern at 810.

KcMizzou
05-06-2012, 12:52 PM
After I got done talking to Tyler Thigpen (at Arrowhead on Wednesday), in full view of a dozen people, including some members of the media, Soren (Petro) called me a two-faced bleep-sucker. ...He said, ‘Nick I don’t have time for you. You’re a two-faced lying cocksucker.’ That’s when he reminded me again how many friends he has around town.”
Nick Wright, on the altercation he had with his fellow Syracuse grad and rival sports talk host on WHB, 610 AM
GH: Not since Jason Whitlock walked out of the Entercom studios and quit in mid-show have we had this kind of drama on the local sports talk scene. Few things are more entertaining to me than people in the media acting out publicly what they feel about each other privately. Let’s get ready to rumble!

“(Petro) said, ‘I just hope you end up being as famous as you think you are because if you ever come to me for anything, you’re not getting any help. … Soren acting like I am going to have to come to him for a job.”
Nick Wright, 610 AM
GH: Dom Petro apparently sees himself as the Godfather of sports talk radio, granting wishes to only those who defer to his, uh, to his, ummm, actually I’m not sure what the hell anyone would defer to Soren for or about. Isn’t this the guy Whitlock referred to as Pistro? How does a sports nerd like Soren, who can barely function outside a press box, manage to grow an ego the size of Tony Soprano?

“Who says that? What is this Hollywood? ‘You’ll never work in this town again!’ Thank you! Thank you! ‘You’ll never work in Kansas City again!’ How will I ever recover?”
Lazlo, afternoon host of The Church of Lazlo, while interviewing Wright Tuesday evening, 96.5 FM The Buzz
GH: Wright actually broke this story on The Buzz on Tuesday night. He is a regular on The Church of Lazlo show with sidekick, Slimfast. Wright often lets his hair down far more on the FM side than he does on the AM dial. His FM buddies had some fun with him after he told his tale. Read on.

“I wish I was friends with Soren right now and not you. He just won! Soren just made you look like a bitch!”
Slimfast, 96.5 FM The Buzz

“(Soren) punked you like a bitch! You got the finger in the chest and walked away with your tail between your legs. Like a dirty bitch!”
Lazlo, 96.5 FM The Buzz

“You should have talked trash right back to him and told him, ‘Look here Pork Chop, I’m not putting up with your crap! Get your finger out of my chest. You’ve been Kietzman’s bitch since you moved here. I hope Kietzman doesn’t get fired or you’re gonna have to start looking for a job. Nobody will hire you because you do nothing but carry Kietzman’s water. You’re a water boy for Kietzman. You’ve been on the bench your whole life. You’re not good at sports. You’ve never been able to shoot a basketball. You sat on the bench and now you’re a backup to Kietzman. That’s all you are, you’re Kietzman’s bitch. Now get your finger outta my chest. ’ ”
Lazlo, 96.5 FM The Buzz

“I feel like Costanza of Seinfeld in that shrimp episode. I now have the perfect comeback thanks to Lazlo.”
Nick Wright, 96.5 FM The Buzz

“I just want to know who the mole in the (Entercom) office is. He said, ‘On and off the air.’ He said, ‘I have friends in that building. What you say off the air, that gets back to me too.’ ”
Nick Wright, 96.5 FM The Buzz
GH: Possible Entercom moles;
1) Darla Jaye: No other real reason this talking Marlboro has an on-air job. She must be there solely as a plant for Petro.
2) Staff at KUDL: Moles 300 days of the year, too busy playing Christmas music the other 65.
3) KXTR Classical’s Staff: Must be a mole operation since they haven’t had a listener since Walt Bodine died. What’s that? He’s alive?!! I thought they were just playing a loop of him over at KCUR saying, “Right, right, right…”

“Everyone knows that (WHB) made itself by ripping the old guard in town. Now they’re the old guard in town. … I don’t have the knowledge (that Soren has). I’m just more entertaining and do a better show.”
Nick Wright, 610 AM
GH: You have to wonder why Petro would concern himself with Wright, who is still a little-known sports talk host on the second-string station. Are the new kids on the block getting into the heads of the guys at 810? It appears they are not only inside their domes but putting up a Jumbotron.

“You know, if I was Soren, I’d be a little jealous of me too. Yeah, he makes more money than me and he’s got more listeners than me -- but I’ve got about 15 years to catch up. In about 15 years, I ain’t gonna be doing what Soren’s doing. He knows it and I know it. And it burns him up.”
Nick Wright, 610 AM
GH: For too damn long the sports media in this town acted like they all belonged to the same fraternity. Only Jason Whitlock refused to play nice with his competition. Kietzman did his best to hire or court anyone he considered a possible threat. Instead of competition between radio, TV and print, we got a bunch of back-slapping golfing buddies. I am one consumer who welcomes some real rancor between the local media outlets.

“It really started for me (Wednesday) when someone tries to make you feel small and intimidated and calls you a two-faced sucker. So you know what? I don’t know if the gloves were ever on, but the gloves are off!”
Nick Wright, 610 AM

“If this makes the press conferences more awkward for me, if this makes working in this building where he has friends more awkward for me, if this makes my life a little more difficult, you know what? So be it. … Is this the best career decision? Probably not.”
Nick Wright, 610 AM
GH: I emailed Petro Thursday morning and asked for his side of the story. If he has one, he’s not sharing. I have known Petro for 15 years, since he was answering the phones for Pete Enich at 1510. He has always been an encyclopedia of sports knowledge with a ridiculously juvenile temper. Apparently, he now has a ridiculously large ego to pair with that temper. I don’t think this is the last we’ve seen of the out-of-control Petro rage – which makes writing my OTC all the easier.

Greghall24@yahoo.com and Twitter/greghall24
http://www.kcconfidential.com/full_content.php?article_id=8315&full=yes&pbr=1

morphius
05-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Rome callers are even worse than average. He encourages douche baggery.
Well, he draws his kind in close and keeps me away. I'm okay with them herding together, it is just when everyone starts to think they need to act that way on every show to be popular. blech.

ChiefMojo
05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Has anyone heard anything new on a possible replacement? I would assume from the outside? Or will they wait until Nick is officially gone to announce? Just hope it isn't another slapdick.

BigRedChief
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
It's funny that KK use to make so much fun of Don Fortune, and now that's who he is.No shit. Pathetic.

The Whitlock and Bill Maas show was the best sports radio show ever in KC.

The Boomer Grigsby radio show was the 2nd best player talk talk show. DT's show was by far the best. Allen's tended to ramble and Boomer was genuinly funny.

ChiefMojo
05-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I do admit I miss when it was Whitlock/Maas... those guys were good stuff if you were Chiefs fans. Haha wish someone like Trent Green would do the spot.

Bowser
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I do admit I miss when it was Whitlock/Maas... those guys were good stuff if you were Chiefs fans. Haha wish someone like Trent Green would do the spot.

Trent has great football takes. Not sure how big of a sports nerd he is outside of football.

Trent aginst Keitzman? Trent wins all day long.

ChiefMojo
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
That is true, Trent may not care about other sports that much outside of football. There is a difference between being a casual fan and having to devote all your time to paying attention to most everything.

Messier
05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I went to high school with Petro, had a few classes with him. He was always a loud mouth. He was short and I always thought he had a napoleon complex happening.

05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
See, that is what KK is always like for me. I don't tune in often, but when I do, it is never about sports. After running into that for so long I started giving Nick a shot. yeah, he goes off on some tangents too but not nearly as much as KK and nick actually has interesting takes on everything. KK never brings anything new to the table at all. hell, the only time I even checking to KK anymore is when he has Jack on.

banyon
05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I liked him better than anyone else on 610. Or anyone on 810 other than petro.

So, I guess they'll promote one of these post-pubescent yes guys that I can't even remember the names of who will just talk about how awesome it is to have a show. Kind of like they did with the Royals broadcasts with the Angels/Dbacks crews who got run out of those towns.

The Dawg
05-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Ah that sucks.

A M E N

The Dawg
05-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Soren gets on my nerves simply because he can't keep food out of his mouth for just 1 segment of his show. He ends up mushmouthing his way through a callers response because he got of the phone sooner than Soren could choke down the wiener he had stuffed in his face.

patteeu
05-08-2012, 07:01 AM

I'm part of the 10%, I guess. Petro and Wright are my two current favorites.

patteeu
05-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I've listened extensively to sports-only radio in Omaha, Des Moines, Chicago, and Minneapolis. The idea that KC is just a shit market really isn't true.

Yeah, I think for the market size, KC has had pretty good sports talk radio for the past decade or so.

kc rush
05-08-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't like KK but can't stand NW.

I'll listen to KK once in a while, but find myself turning off sports radio more often than not during afternoon drive. I'm hopeful 610 will bring in someone tolerable so I don't have to listen to KK any more.

Right now Petro and St John are the only ones I enjoy. I will turn from those shows during Stump the Chumps and whenever Nate Bukake is expressing his man love for soccer.

kc rush
05-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Unless you are a big time Husker fan, sports radio in Nebraska sucks. I've listened to Omaha and Lincoln stations and there is almost never talk about anything else. The only times you hear about other teams is if the Huskers are playing that team, just finished playing that team, are about to play that team, or if there are former Huskers playing on a team.

Codered
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Nick Wright has grown on me ... I cough that up to the alternative being so bad. KK's takes sound half thrown together for shock value.

Petro has gone down hill over the past year. He seems to be overly bitter about something. I guess Kansas City sports can wear on a guy.

Hopefully they find an entertaining replacement.

Dante84
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Ugh... sorry guys. NW was the only one worth listening to when I was in KC, and thats not saying much.

But at least he cared about the Chiefs, offered insight, and though he was wrong sometimes, at least would dedicate significant time to the Chiefs.

Literally every other Sports Talk guy in KC sucks ass.

Mojo Jojo
05-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Nick was never an afternoon drive guy. His gig would have OK in the morning...remember DA on 610...Nick was just a ripoff of that. On 810 mornings suck...KK sucks Soren is the only one worth listening to. While I wasn't a huge fan in AM Drive Nick would have killed the Boarder Patrol...and it is VERY sad that Fescoe (too dry and can never back up his point of view) is beating the Boarder Patrol in the ratings...shows how sad both stations are.

Codered
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Fescoe is the worst Sports talk host I have ever listened to.

Nails on Chalkboard right there.

-King-
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
LMAO Is anyone listening? This has been quality radio since 2:30

blaise
05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
What's he saying?

DJ's left nut
05-08-2012, 02:22 PM
But at least he cared about the Chiefs, offered insight, and though he was wrong sometimes, at least would dedicate significant time to the Chiefs.

This is the loss.

I don't think he's a great host by any means. He's an arrogant little fuck (though he's gotten better about not making every show about him...just 1/2 of them).

But in the end he was a Chiefs guy first. He'd talk about the Chiefs and then worry about the Royals and college ball later. He'd skip the completely retarded crap like racin' boys, soccer and MMA.

He does enjoy his soapbox on occasion with social issues (looking to make a national name for himself, IMO), but he's the best source of Chiefs discussion in town.

Hopefully the 610 guys recognize that.

durtyrute
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Fescoe is the worst Sports talk host I have ever listened to.

Nails on Chalkboard right there.

Some much "this" I must rep you

durtyrute
05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
This is the loss.

I don't think he's a great host by any means. He's an arrogant little fuck (though he's gotten better about not making every show about him...just 1/2 of them).

But in the end he was a Chiefs guy first. He'd talk about the Chiefs and then worry about the Royals and college ball later. He'd skip the completely retarded crap like racin' boys, soccer and MMA.

He does enjoy his soapbox on occasion with social issues (looking to make a national name for himself, IMO), but he's the best source of Chiefs discussion in town.

Hopefully the 610 guys recognize that.

That

Titty Meat
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
It's too bad Mark Carmen isn't the one leaving. Dude is a dumbass who adds nothing to the show.

Stewie
05-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Nick Wright to leave 610 AM for Houston

Apparently, there is plenty right with Nick Wright, a Kansas City native and the host of “What’s Wright,” the popular afternoon-drive sports talk show on KCSP (610 AM).
Rumors that he was leaving for “a top-five market” had been circulating for days, but confirmation came Thursday when Houston-based KILT (610 AM) announced that it had hired Wright to replace Marc Vandermeer. He will team will John Lopez on the station’s morning show beginning June 5.

Wright, 27, a Syracuse graduate, had mounted the most substantial challenge yet to rival Kevin Kietzman’s afternoon show “Between the Lines” on WHB (810 AM), which has dominated talk radio for more than a decade.

“Certainly, we wish Nick the very best and we certainly wish that we could have retained him,” KCSP program director Ryan Maguire said. “We had every intention of retaining him and were negotiating in good faith up until the time his contract expired, but he decided he wanted to take his talents elsewhere.”

Wright’s final show will air May 22, but Maguire said the station won’t wait long to fill that afternoon void.

“Turnover is part of any business, including radio,” Maguire said. “But turnover is only a bad thing if you don’t use it as an opportunity to get better, which is exactly what we plan on doing, as is the case any time we make a change. This is not the first time we’ve had a very talented host we were very high on leave. Nick is not first to have stars in eyes and big-city dreams.”

Maguire wouldn’t comment on a potential replacement except to say it would be a co-host format “with multiple strong voices.” He also indicated the door remains open for Wright to return in the future.

“Absolutely, he would be welcomed back,” Maguire said. “There’s no bridges that have been burned.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/10/3605466/nick-wright-to-leave-610-am-for.html#storylink=cpy

Dayze
05-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Bummer.

now the only show worth listening to is Petro's.

KK can continue to mail it in

Jerm
05-11-2012, 06:23 AM
I've always wanted to do sports talk radio and think I'd be good at it but don't have the college education it needs to get anywhere...overrated for that field IMO.

Weird Nick is leaving for Houston...it's a bigger market but I figured it'd take a "bigger" city than that or a national spot to get him to leave K.C.

Oh well.

blaise
05-11-2012, 06:28 AM
I've always wanted to do sports talk radio and think I'd be good at it but don't have the college education it needs to get anywhere...overrated for that field IMO.

Weird Nick is leaving for Houston...it's a bigger market but I figured it'd take a "bigger" city than that or a national spot to get him to leave K.C.

Oh well.

It's like the 4th or 5th biggest city, and it has NBA, which is probably what he was looking for.

Al Bundy
05-11-2012, 06:34 AM
He's going to have to talk A LOT of Dallas Cowboys.

blaise
05-11-2012, 06:37 AM
He's going to have to talk A LOT of Dallas Cowboys.

On 610 Houston? Not that much.

bevischief
05-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Houston will eat him alive...

redfan
05-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Although I thought he had some decent Chiefs takes, I could never get past the fact he sounds like Jerry Lewis' little brother. Think: "Hey Laaaaaydeee!"

KCinNY
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Houston isn't hyper-passionate about their pro sports. They care to an extent, but they don't riot in the streets about the Rockets, Texans or Astros.

The passionate part of the fanbase is devoted to college football(like the rest of Texas)...so his familiarity with the Big12 will help him.

blaise
05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Houston isn't hyper-passionate about their pro sports. They care to an extent, but they don't riot in the streets about the Rockets, Texans or Astros.

The passionate part of the fanbase is devoted to college football(like the rest of Texas)...so his familiarity with the Big12 will help him.

Almost as many SEC fans there as Big 12, so good for him that Mizzou went to the SEC.

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
That sucks. Houstons a shithole.

blaise
05-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Yeah, radically different than Dallas.

58-4ever
05-11-2012, 07:40 AM

This. But it is a bigger market with NFL, NBA, and MLB. So for a sports talk host, not the worst situation.

otherstar
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I've never listened to Nick Wright, but I've listened to Sports Radio 610 in Houston for years. Hell, I won front row seats to the 2003 Chiefs v. Texans game at Reliant from them (Chiefs won 42-14), so they deserve some of my loyalty. During the football season, he'll have to talk Texans a lot, but the General, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle is on in the morning a few times a week and I've never heard anybody who knows the NFL quite as well as McClain. The Astros suck, so they don't talk about them much. They do talk about the Rockets quite a bit and A LOT about college football and basketball. So, if he knows the college game, he'll do fine.

otherstar
05-11-2012, 07:45 AM

That's funny. People in Dallas tend to hate Houston, and people in Houston tend to hate Dallas.

Dante84
05-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Everyone in Texas, outside of Dallas, hates Dallas.

Everyone in Texas, outside of Houston, thinks Houston is gross.

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Well the few times I've been down there haven't been pleasent experiences.

patteeu
05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Houston will eat him alive...

I don't know that that's the case, but it will be interesting to see how his leftwing politics play down there. It will probably end up serving him well by creating controversy.

KCUnited
05-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Nick nose everything is bigger in Texas.

blaise
05-11-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't know that that's the case, but it will be interesting to see how his leftwing politics play down there. It will probably end up serving him well by creating controversy.

My guess is that they're positioning that show to get a lot of the African American listeners.
I personally don't think people want political radio at 8:00 AM. I doubt he'll do too much of it, because the morning show is mostly covering last night's events. The afternoon shows are normally the ones where they veer into other topics because most of the game recap stuff has been done by at least 2 shows already.
There's three sports stations down there. 790, 1560 and 610. It's kind of weird down there- the hosts go around and around from station to station. All three guys on 790's morning show were once 610 hosts.
I don't personally prefer 610, but I think they may have the most listeners. I listen to 790's morning show mostly. I listen to it quite a bit, actually. 790 Houston and Boomer & Carton on 660 the Fan in NYC are the two morning shows I listen to.

patteeu
05-11-2012, 08:16 AM
My guess is that they're positioning that show to get a lot of the African American listeners.
I personally don't think people want political radio at 8:00 AM. I doubt he'll do too much of it, because the morning show is mostly covering last night's events. The afternoon shows are normally the ones where they veer into other topics because most of the game recap stuff has been done by at least 2 shows already.
There's three sports stations down there. 790, 1560 and 610. It's kind of weird down there- the hosts go around and around from station to station. All three guys on 790's morning show were once 610 hosts.
I don't personally prefer 610, but I think they may have the most listeners. I listen to 790's morning show mostly. I listen to it quite a bit, actually. 790 Houston and Boomer & Carton on 660 the Fan in NYC are the two morning shows I listen to.

What draws you to Houston radio? I know you move around a lot, were you in Houston at one point?

blaise
05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
What draws you to Houston radio? I know you move around a lot, were you in Houston at one point?

Yeah, 3 years in Houston. I actually like the city. It's very urban-sprawlish in places, and terrible traffic, but there's a lot of parks and things to do.

Dave Lane
05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Dog turd against Keitzman? Dog turd wins all day long.

Fyp

Dave Lane
05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Don Fortune greater then Kietzmann

ChiefsCountry
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I got a good buddy of mine that lives in Houston. Its pretty cool place IMO. Freeway and traffics suck though.

bevischief
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I have been to Houston once, between seeing how dirty the town was and water front and the 2 guys kissing we didn't stay long after that. That was over 20 years ago.

Dante84
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I live in Austin, and I think it's the bee's knees.

PunkinDrublic
05-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I just remember downtown Houston smelling like shit. Of course my two trips down to Houston were to watch the Chiefs lose so maybe that taints my memories.

Titty Meat
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't think Nick will last long in Houston.

Al Bundy
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
On 610 Houston? Not that much.

I guess when I lived there the Texans werent around yet and most everyone was a Cowboys fan.

blaise
05-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I guess when I lived there the Texans werent around yet and most everyone was a Cowboys fan.

They're still around, but I guess they haven't been very good. I'm sure if they get good again the callers would be back in force.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I really think hes gonna miss being in KC, mainly because he wont be able to talk Chiefs, which is his passion

AndChiefs
05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Alright, another reason not to listen to 610.

otherstar
05-11-2012, 12:38 PM
They're still around, but I guess they haven't been very good. I'm sure if they get good again the callers would be back in force.

Maybe. But as long as the Texans continue to win their fan base in Houston will continue to grow. But when the Cowpukes were still good, and the Texans were new, their fans were loud (until you mentioned the Texans first NFL game to them).

suds79
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Carter is telling everybody to unfollow Nick and it's cracking me up.

The list is dropping like a rock and Nick is melting down.

I just did it. He's going to Houston anyways.

Al Bundy
05-11-2012, 04:27 PM

When I lived there in 2000, the 'Pukes dynasty was dead.

Titty Meat
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Quality radio right now.

Nick Wright is shitting on everyone. Wallace Gillberry is a loser who tried to pick up Nick's wife.

05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
He was blasting Petro as well. LMAO

Of course, I loved that since I can't stand Petro.

Pitt Gorilla
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Alright, another reason not to listen to 610.Dead air > KK

sedated
05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
If Nick Wright’s goal is to be seen as a trustworthy person in his new town, I’m not sure a day-long rant and letting out every secret you’ve ever had on your last day is the best way to accomplish that.

Regular people may be lazy or act like an ass on their last few days of a job they’re quitting, but it doesn’t get broadcast for their new employer to hear.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Entertaining show...wonder who takes his spot. My evening drives will suck

keg in kc
05-21-2012, 04:46 PM
They call it the Whitlock exit strategy. Leave no bridge unburned.

blaise
05-21-2012, 05:45 PM
What bridges did he burn?

The Bad Guy
05-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Is there a re-broadcast of this rant?

Jerm
05-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Is there a re-broadcast of this rant?

It's on their site in podcast form...and it's def. worth a listen.

Hilarious to listen to. Petro gets WAXED during this.

Titty Meat
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Heres what I took from his rant:

Wallace Gillberry is a piece of shit.

Nick Wright got the best of Petro.

Was out of bounds making some jokes about Keitzman.

Nick is Jason Whitlocks only son.

He wants to be a national guy but I think he has too big of a mouth to ever be successful on a national stage.

Al Bundy
05-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Nick wiped out Petro. Especially calling out that ridiculous trivia crap.

Randallflagg
05-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I listened to Nick Wright's crap podcast. Sounds like a little bitch to me. Here's a suggestion Nick - you sound like a little boy on the radio; your voice reminds me of a 12 year old. Go to Houston and grow up, you Jim Rome wannabe.

keg in kc
05-22-2012, 08:37 AM
This is all I see when I think about this epic Wright throwdown of Petro:

Titty Meat
05-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Nick is taking aim at Clark Hunt.

patteeu
05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Other than the things he said about Petro, Whitlock and Fescoe, I didn't think he burned many bridges yesterday. And the honest assessments about Petro and Fescoe weren't exactly state secrets.

Codered
05-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Hah, I missed the part he discussed Fescoe. I can only imagine what was said about that clown.

patteeu
05-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Hah, I missed the part he discussed Fescoe. I can only imagine what was said about that clown.

Here's a summary. He was as diplomatic about it as possible given his obvious thoughts on the matter.

1. Fescoe is a good sport. Every time they encountered each other, Fescoe was friendly to him.

2. He thinks Fescoe is a really good person and a very hard worker. Complimented him on his ratings success.

3. If a co-worker treated Nick the way he has treated Fescoe, he wouldn't have been able to take it the way Fescoe has (see 1 above).

4. When it comes to Fescoe's takes, Nick agrees with almost none of them.

5. Fescoe is a dufus and he meant every bit of ridicule he ever served in Fescoe's direction. (Not Nick's exact words, but this was the bottom line). ROFL

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
610 fired Jared Carter and Carman Carrington. What a fucking mistake. Ill listen for Parkins and Cdot but fuck 610. That crew worked great together.

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:22 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/getnickwright

if you read his timeline it explains everything

KCUnited
06-08-2012, 05:33 PM
610 fired Jared Carter and Carman Carrington. What a ****ing mistake. Ill listen for Parkins and Cdot but **** 610. That crew worked great together.

Carter and Carman are gone, Carrington is still there. Carter cracked me up a bit, but he's not a personality, Carman is dumb as **** so no big loss. I caught Carman and Carrington having the Durant/LeBron debate yesterday, but not like a legit "i get paid for these takes" debate, but more like 2 dudes in a call center debating over their cubicle walls. It was beyond Fescoe awful.

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/getnickwright

if you read his timeline it explains everything

Nick Wright went after 610.

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Carter and Carman are gone, Carrington is still there. Carter cracked me up a bit, but he's not a personality, Carman is dumb as **** so no big loss. I caught Carman and Carrington having the Durant/LeBron debate yesterday, but not like a legit "i get paid for these takes" debate, but more like 2 dudes in a call center debating over their cubicle walls. It was beyond Fescoe awful.

yeah I typo'd it. I guess I just got used to hearing them and thought they all worked well together. Sucks. Thats how radio works though.

Jerm
06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I really dug Carman and Carter...sucks they're leaving.

I honestly thought they were going to shift Parkins up to the afternoon spot with Carter and whoever and give Carrington and Carman the 10 a.m. slot.

I'm willing to give this new guy from Milwaukee a shot but after listening to him today, he sounds like a complete dumbass.

KCUnited
06-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Mark Carman doing the updates in his Stephen A. Smith impersonation was the highlight of his career.

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Mark Carman doing the updates in his Stephen A. Smith impersonation was the highlight of his career.

wa wa wa wa withey

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM

I honestly thought they were going to shift Parkins up to the afternoon spot with Carter and whoever and give Carrington and Carman the 10 a.m. slot.

I'm willing to give this new guy from Milwaukee a shot but after listening to him today, he sounds like a complete dumbass.

I really liked listening to them in the 10-2 slot. It got my morning going.

-King-
06-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't understand how Parkins didn't get to keep the 2-6 timeslot. He did a good job replacing Nick and I could have seen him growing into that role over time. I heard a promo for the new guys and I'm not that excited.

-King-
06-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Was that the guy that sounded like Fescoe? I thought it was Fescoe doing the 2-6 show today so I turned the radio off. That was the new guy?

Silock
06-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Carrington and Carter I can't stand. I liked Carm, though.

Shogun
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Was that the guy that sounded like Fescoe? I thought it was Fescoe doing the 2-6 show today so I turned the radio off. That was the new guy?

oh god, kill me now. cant stand that voice. Didn't listen today so I didnt hear him

Jerm
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM

Yeah he had him and the other host on there.

-King-
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I liked Carm better with Nick than with Carrington.

But still, this year is still a good year for 610. The fact that Shan Sheriff is no longer on air balances out all the bad things that are going on.

cabletech94
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
this is actually depressing. can't get 810 here in the sticks (i hear that i'm not missing much tho). had gotten used to some of their schtick.

Shogun
06-08-2012, 06:02 PM
this is actually depressing. can't get 810 here in the sticks (i hear that i'm not missing much tho). had gotten used to some of their schtick.

this, seriously put me in a funk. fuck human emotion

ChiefMojo
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
610 Sports Radio, in their continuing commitment to bringing a younger, fresher approach to sports radio, announced today they are unveiling a new afternoon show. Starting Monday, June 11, 610 Sports Radio will debut The Big Show, hosted by Josh Vernier, Jayice Pearson and Jay Binkley.

“We’re excited to add The Big Show to our live and local weekday lineup,” said 610 Sports Radio Program Director Ryan Maguire. “We feel that we’ve created a fresh and very unique show that will give listeners the kind of entertaining and informative experience they’ve come to expect from us. We have assembled a terrific team, one with experience that can’t be matched. This team will deliver for both sports fans and advertisers.”

Vernier comes to Kansas City after serving as the lead host of the weekday afternoon show at Sports Radio 1250 WSSP in Milwaukee since 2008. That program won Best Afternoon Show in 2010 from the Wisconsin Association of Broadcasters.

Former Chiefs defensive back Jayice Pearson brings a wealth of local and national experience to The Big Show. Following his 8 year NFL playing career, Pearson became a television broadcaster, working for the NFL on Fox from 2003-08. He currently calls college football games for Fox Sports Net. He’s worked as a Chiefs analyst for 610 Sports Radio the last 2 seasons.

Jay Binkley arrives at 610 sports from cross-town Sports Radio 810 WHB, where he served as host of the popular evening show 3 Guys in a Garage. Binkley was also heard on WHB’s Royals post game shows, Chiefs Night and College Basketball Gameday.

Sure-Oz
06-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Pretty sure parkins is pissed off...didnt comment much on twitter. apparently the new dude from milwaukee made an ass out of himself on the show earlier and twitter was ripping him hard. He said twitter is dumb then joins twitter, i guess said something about kc not having nba team, fat people etc

ChiefMojo
06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Parkins is growing on me and I think he will be darn good in time but I'm glad he wasn't the afternoon host. With that said Parkins has a right to be upset but in this case I'm glad he is upset.

610's problem has been they just keep promoting what they had and it got old quick. I'm actually happy to see the new trio together. They may be shaky at times at the beginning but they will blend in fine I would bet soon.