PDA

View Full Version : News It's time we put on a ban on owning pitbulls

Pages : [1] 2

Sucky
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
I know I know, I'm the guy that posted the other ruthless dog attack thread but I'm here with another one thats insanely tragic. I think its time we put a ban on owning pitbulls. I realize some of these dogs are probably okay but for the most part, there are just too many of them attacking people...and killing them (especially little kids)

Family pit bulls maul 2 California toddlers in separate incidents

Two San Francisco Bay area toddlers were mauled by family pit bulls less than 24 hours apart, officials said Tuesday.
Both victims, one from Castro Valley and one Concord, were reported recovering in Oakland Children’s Hospital, television station KTVU reported. Neither child was identified.
The hospital would not disclose any information about the victims.
The dog in the Concord attack on Monday was euthanized, officials said.
The Castro Valley incident occurred about 2 a.m. Tuesday. Alameda Sheriff’s Department Sgt. J.D. Nelson told KTVU that a pit bull-German Shepard mix was in custody of animal control, KTVU reported.
Nelson called the youngster’s injuries worse than those suffered by the 2-year-old Concord girl on Monday.
The Concord toddler was stable but faces a lengthy recovery, KTVU said.
The dog bit her on the head, face and leg, according to Animal Control. She was treated at the scene and then airlifted to the hospital.
The euthanized dog’s tissues were being tested for rabies, officials said.
Contra Costa Animal Services Lt. Joe De Costa told KTVU officials were investigating whether the Concord family had any knowledge of the dog having an aggressive history.
If that was the case, there's a potential that they could face some criminal charges. At this point, it doesn't appear that that is the case."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/08/11596559-family-pit-bulls-maul-2-california-toddlers-in-separate-incidents?lite

In58men
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
It's not pit bulls it's the dumb ass owners

boogblaster
05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
most pit owners arent smart or man enough to own em .....

Sucky
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM

Thats very true as well. I don't get why some parents would think owning a pitbull would be a good idea when having them around their little kids.

Johnny Vegas
05-08-2012, 11:08 PM
fastening my seatbelt. this gonna be a good ride.

Simply Red
05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
You're toast, Nucky

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyone got BIG_DADDYS number? Wake him up.

The Franchise
05-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Not your brightest idea.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Playing devils advocate... isn't that reason enough to ban them? If the general public isn't qualified to own one responsibly shouldn't they be kept from said general public? We all know the general public is stupid and we all know that dangerous things (pit bulls in this case) can be dangerous, so why should people be allowed to keep pit bulls without some type of special training to do it?

Again... devils advocate.

TrebMaxx
05-08-2012, 11:27 PM
:popcorn:

GESteve
05-08-2012, 11:28 PM
You're toast, Nucky

I love nucky toast it's like a fish taco

dmahurin
05-08-2012, 11:29 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k7IwdFwIhv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Late night e-fight! Lets do this!!!

J Diddy
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM

This. I have a friend who has a pit. He loves that dog, treats her like she's part of the family, and she is probably the most well behaved dog I've ever seen. Hell at times she thinks she's a lap dog. No problems.

The problem is these Michael Vick wannabe fucks. You can't teach a dog to trust nobody but you and expect them to figure out family as well. If you don't have enough time to devote to a dog becoming a part of the family, you have no right owning a dog--let alone one who is capable of some quick destruction.

TimeForWasp
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I think they should put a ban on owning poodles.

SPchief
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
This won't end well. Pits are great dogs and not harmfull if you raise and train them right. Mine is around children all the time.

In58men
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
This. I have a friend who has a pit. He loves that dog, treats her like she's part of the family, and she is probably the most well behaved dog I've ever seen. Hell at times she thinks she's a lap dog. No problems.

The problem is these Michael Vick wannabe ****s. You can't teach a dog to trust nobody but you and expect them to figure out family as well. If you don't have enough time to devote to a dog becoming a part of the family, you have no right owning a dog--let alone one who is capable of some quick destruction.

Well said, we've had a family pit for years and not one single incident.

This thread is fucking garbage, I'd rather read a thread started by Eric007

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-08-2012, 11:39 PM

This thread is ****ing garbage, I'd rather read a thread started by Eric007

Come on man lets not push it now

SPchief
05-08-2012, 11:41 PM
After reading the article, wtf is a toddler doing up at 2am?

BossChief
05-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Some people shouldn't be able to own any animal.

In the right household, a pitbull can be one of the most loving and loyal dogs out there...in a different household the same dog can end up killing someone.

In58men
05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Come on man lets not push it now

Eh :-/

I've gotten into so many debates over this and it's pointless.

SPchief
05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Thats very true as well. I don't get why some parents would think owning a pitbull would be a good idea when having them around their little kids.

Because it's not an issue for almost all pit owners with children?

Aries Walker
05-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Well, it's not feasible to outright outlaw them, but it also isn't working to leave them as they are. I think we should require pit bull insurance. It would allow the owners to keep their pets, but introduce a level of required responsibility that is currently lacking.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-08-2012, 11:49 PM
I've never owned a pure pit but when I was married I got the family a pit-lab mix and I understand that the mix may "tame" the pit in them... but that dog is the sweetest dog I've ever known. She grew up with 2 small kids and is 12 years old now and the biggest lover you could ask for.

I guess my question is does being a mix make it completely different? I'm not a dog expert.

SPchief
05-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Well, it's not feasible to outright outlaw them, but it also isn't working to leave them as they are. I think we should require pit bull insurance. It would allow the owners to keep their pets, but introduce a level of required responsibility that is currently lacking.

Even more fail

J Diddy
05-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I've never owned a pure pit but when I was married I got the family a pit-lab mix and I understand that the mix may "tame" the pit in them... but that dog is the sweetest dog I've ever known. She grew up with 2 small kids and is 12 years old now and the biggest lover you could ask for.

I guess my question is does being a mix make it completely different? I'm not a dog expert.

I don't think it's the mix so much as the right situation. If they are in a loving home, they will act accordingly. If they are in Vick's summer home, not so much.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't think it's the mix so much as the right situation. If they are in a loving home, they will act accordingly. If they are in Vick's summer home, not so much.

Well she's definatley in a loving home. I took my daughter back to her mom tonight and spent a few minutes lovin up on Poppy (the dog) just because she's such a good girl and always has been. Sometimes I think it bugs my ex-wife that I do that so much still. Heh, too bad.

CrazyPhuD
05-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Can we ban cars too? Some of them are ok, but considering how many of them kill people how many lives could we save by banning them?

dmahurin
05-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Can we ban cars too? Some of them are ok, but considering how many of them kill people how many lives could we save by banning them?

Exactly, I choked on a chicken nugget one time. I want those banned too.

Aries Walker
05-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Even more fail

Please, tell us why.

Aries Walker
05-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Except you can't really do this. Pit bulls aren't cars; they have different laws, uses, and characteristics. People arguing for many causes try to draw this same kind of false equivalency, and it's a massive logical fallacy that only serves to derail the debate.

Bump
05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Dumbasses shouldn't be allowed to have any pets and people who think the problem stems from the dog doesn't know what they are talking about.

listopencil
05-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Except you can't really do this. Pit bulls aren't cars; they have different laws, uses, and characteristics. People arguing for many causes try to draw this same kind of false equivalency, and it's a massive logical fallacy that only serves to derail the debate.

No, no, cars are very dangerous. I think he is on to something here. Does anyone have any statistics comparing car related injuries/deaths to Pitt Bull related injuries/deaths? Maybe we need to rethink allowing cars in this country. For the sake of the children.

listopencil
05-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Exactly, I choked on a chicken nugget one time. I want those banned too.

I got a paper cut from a straw wrapper once. Can we ban straws and paper?

Hammock Parties
05-09-2012, 01:50 AM
You're a fucking liberal pussy.

Quesadilla Joe
05-09-2012, 02:10 AM
People just need to be smarter about having kids when they have dogs. There are a lot of dogs who don't really react well to little kids. My sister visited me with her 6 month old and my little terrier mutt snapped at his face after he barely touched it. My dog is one of the nicest dogs you could ever have. Dog's and little kids just don't mix.

Cheater5
05-09-2012, 02:32 AM
Owned a Pit Bull for 11 years and it was the best dog I've ever had, and it isnt even close. Taking away, controlling or regulating 'things' because they hurt us is absolving idiots from responsibility. It's a blameless society and instead of pointing the finger directly at the irresponsible owners- it's much easier to blame the 'thing' for the incident.

For what its worth, take simply one minute or so to look at this....

http://dontbullymybreed.org/

lcarus
05-09-2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah it's really just up to the owners. Lots of things are dangerous in a moron's hands. Cars, guns, alcohol. Pitbulls are just one of those things. Harmless in good hands.

Crush
05-09-2012, 04:02 AM
More reactionary "think of the children" bullshit. Using the same logic, we should ban scissors as well. Go fuck yourself with an antifreeze enema.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 04:08 AM
The thread starter is a fucking moron.

dmahurin
05-09-2012, 04:09 AM
You're a fucking liberal pussy.
DC in 3...2...

Rausch
05-09-2012, 04:31 AM
More reactionary "think of the children" bullshit. Using the same logic, we should ban scissors as well. Go **** yourself with an antifreeze enema.

I'm all for banning idiots from owning guns/dogs/weapons/bombs/etc.

dmahurin
05-09-2012, 05:00 AM

Butter knives/pillows/shoelaces/desks with square corners/etc should banned from idiots too then.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 05:02 AM

And having children

The Dawg
05-09-2012, 05:06 AM
And having children

Ah yes. There really should be an IQ test you must pass in order to have children.

Rausch
05-09-2012, 05:07 AM
And having children

If only...

The Dawg
05-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Dave is really on to something with that.

Fritz88
05-09-2012, 06:06 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k7IwdFwIhv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forget about the dog.

I think there are bigger questions with a parent who leaves a little toddler in a room alone or who leaves a toddler roaming around unobserved while the parent sits on his computer.

Gary
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Simple deterrent for owners that raise these dogs to be killers then expose the dogs to innocent family members, friends, neighbors, etc: Put the owners in a cage with other out of control pitbulls that have been captured and don't know these people. Let them see the reality of what happens when you mistreat these animals and raise them to be mean/vicious.

Dayze
05-09-2012, 06:17 AM
regarding the OP subject line.....I totally disagree.

owners are idiots that probably don't understand that with just about any dog, you have to demonstrate that you're the lead dog - always. I've known 4 people, including a next door neighbor, who got their Pits when they were pups. All 4 of them were great dogs. licking machines, happy dogs.

my $.02

Dayze
05-09-2012, 06:18 AM
fastening my seatbelt. this gonna be a good ride.

LMAO

Gary
05-09-2012, 06:20 AM

Although I understand your point, cars can not be trained to be mean/vicious. A car can not do anything without the driver's decision.

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Pit bulls arent the problem...uninformed thread starters and bad owners are.

El Jefe
05-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I know I know, I'm the guy that posted the other ruthless dog attack thread but I'm here with another one thats insanely tragic. I think its time we put a ban on owning pitbulls. I realize some of these dogs are probably okay but for the most part, there are just too many of them attacking people...and killing them (especially little kids)

Family pit bulls maul 2 California toddlers in separate incidents

Two San Francisco Bay area toddlers were mauled by family pit bulls less than 24 hours apart, officials said Tuesday.
Both victims, one from Castro Valley and one Concord, were reported recovering in Oakland Children’s Hospital, television station KTVU reported. Neither child was identified.
The hospital would not disclose any information about the victims.
The dog in the Concord attack on Monday was euthanized, officials said.
The Castro Valley incident occurred about 2 a.m. Tuesday. Alameda Sheriff’s Department Sgt. J.D. Nelson told KTVU that a pit bull-German Shepard mix was in custody of animal control, KTVU reported.
Nelson called the youngster’s injuries worse than those suffered by the 2-year-old Concord girl on Monday.
The Concord toddler was stable but faces a lengthy recovery, KTVU said.
The dog bit her on the head, face and leg, according to Animal Control. She was treated at the scene and then airlifted to the hospital.
The euthanized dog’s tissues were being tested for rabies, officials said.
Contra Costa Animal Services Lt. Joe De Costa told KTVU officials were investigating whether the Concord family had any knowledge of the dog having an aggressive history.
If that was the case, there's a potential that they could face some criminal charges. At this point, it doesn't appear that that is the case."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/08/11596559-family-pit-bulls-maul-2-california-toddlers-in-separate-incidents?lite

We need to put a ban on the dumb owners.

tooge
05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
first off, this was in Oakland. Stuff like this just happens in Oakland. You live in Oakland, plan on getting gang raped and having your family eaten by pitbulls.

Predarat
05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
No need to ban them, just find out where they are and put out a bowl of antifreeze. That will be the ban.

scho63
05-09-2012, 07:27 AM

I disagree..these dogs have a strong tendency for violence. You tempt fate everytime little kids around these breeds, including mastiffs

The owners are mostly wanna be gang bangers who think it's cool to have their little g things hanging around these dogs.

I am going to assume from the location that both of these incidents involved lower class individuals.....

Radar Chief
05-09-2012, 07:34 AM
first off, this was in Oakland. Stuff like this just happens in Oakland. You live in Oakland, plan on getting gang raped and having your family eaten by pitbulls.

That seems to be where this sort of thing happens most. Maybe they should just be banned in Oakland.

El Jefe
05-09-2012, 07:39 AM
I disagree..these dogs have a strong tendency for violence. You tempt fate everytime little kids around these breeds, including mastiffs

The owners are mostly wanna be gang bangers who think it's cool to have their little g things hanging around these dogs. I am going to assume from the location that both of these incidents involved lower class individuals.....

Neither of your first statements are true in the least.

Lex Luthor
05-09-2012, 07:57 AM

If you Google "pit bull attack never before" you will find countless incidents where a pit bull who never, never, ever acted aggressively attacked someone and either brutally maimed them or killed them.

THAT'S the problem with the breed. If a poodle or a yorkie, a golden retriever, a german shepherd or just about any other breed of dog runs amok, people RARELY die. That's the difference. There's a reason why pit bulls are responsible for an estimated one-third of all dog bite-related fatalities while making up less than 2 percent of the dog population.

icepick64
05-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Why don't we ban driving or crossing the street while we're at it?

rageeumr
05-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm no dog expert. I haven't done any research into dog behavior. Hell, I don't even own a dog because my wife is allergic. But I spend a lot of time running on trails and through neighborhoods, and I cycle out in the country a lot. I have encountered aggressive dogs of nearly every breed.

The meanest damn dog I've ever seen is a Bijon Frise that lives on my street. I'm pretty sure that thing would rip my larynx out just for the fun of it if it was able. Thankfully the owner always has it leashed.

If that little ankle biter WASN'T leashed though, I could always just give it a good boot. That's the difference with a pit. I don't necessarily think they are more aggressive than other breeds, but they are one of the strongest breeds and have the ability to inflict more damage.

suds79
05-09-2012, 08:12 AM

Not to single you out icepick because I'm sure your slippery slope argument has been made several times over this deep into the thread by now but it just drives me crazy.

The slippery slope argument is one of the dumbest points one can make. It completely ignores the point at hand and instead deals with fantasy land by stating something ludicrous of where we'll end up at if this passes.

Lex Luthor
05-09-2012, 08:14 AM
When cars start attacking people without a human being driving the car.

MagicHef
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
You know, you need to obtain a license to drive. You even need to obtain a special licence with more stringent regulations to drive vehicles that are capable of more damage in the event of an accident.

Valiant
05-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Playing devils advocate... isn't that reason enough to ban them? If the general public isn't qualified to own one responsibly shouldn't they be kept from said general public? We all know the general public is stupid and we all know that dangerous things (pit bulls in this case) can be dangerous, so why should people be allowed to keep pit bulls without some type of special training to do it?

We should nueter all inner city kids. It is for the public good, their parents are not smart enough to raise them right.

Devils advocate but of course.

dmahurin
05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Not to single you out icepick because I'm sure your slippery slope argument has been made several times over this deep into the thread by now but it just drives me crazy.

The slippery slope argument is one of the dumbest points one can make. It completely ignores the point at hand and instead deals with fantasy land by stating something ludicrous of where we'll end up at if this passes.

Ok let's ban pitbulls then. No one is allowed to have them. Then what? Have a massive pitbull holocaust? Euthanize every bully breed dog because of a few bad eggs? What do you do with all the pitbulls after they are banned?

aturnis
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM

TOTALLY! :spock:

Molitoth
05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
If we want to ban anything that causes death, lets start out by banning life?

vailpass
05-09-2012, 08:37 AM

Yep. Most of the "arguments" in this thread are hilarious.

"What do you think about keeping dangerous animals away from small children?"

"WHY DON'T WE GET RID OF THE OZONE LAYER AND LET THE SUN BURN US ALL TO DEATH!!!!!!!???"

suds79
05-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Ok let's ban pitbulls then. No one is allowed to have them. Then what? Have a massive pitbull holocaust? Euthanize every bully breed dog because of a few bad eggs? What do you do with all the pitbulls after they are banned?

What's funny is I really don't care that much about this topic. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

So don't take my point to icepick that I'm for this.

I am simply anti slippery slope argument and trying to get the word out for people to stop using it. You look foolish when you do.

dmahurin
05-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Yep. Most of the "arguments" in this thread are hilarious.

"What do you think about keeping dangerous animals away from small children?"

"WHY DON'T WE GET RID OF THE OZONE LAYER AND LET THE SUN BURN US ALL TO DEATH!!!!!!!???"

They are not all dangerous. Claiming every pitbull is aweful and should be quarantined from civilization is just as ludacrious as any other suggestion in here.

vailpass
05-09-2012, 08:44 AM
They are not all dangerous. Claiming every pitbull is aweful and should be quarantined from civilization is just as ludacrious as any other suggestion in here.

Eye sea yur poynt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2012, 08:46 AM
ILOVE shooting pit bulls. I hit one at 250 yards with my kimber once.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Are we going to ban German Shepherds, too?

Lex Luthor
05-09-2012, 08:49 AM

If German Shepherds were responsible for an estimated one-third of all dog bite-related fatalities while making up less than 2 percent of the dog population, then the answer would be "yes".

However, that's not the case.

InChiefsHeaven
05-09-2012, 09:14 AM
I think the argument that guns and cars kill people in the hands of idiots doesn't work. A gun or a car can't do anything on it's own. A pitbull can, it's an animal and it reasons things out based on some level of logic that only it knows. You can't sit down and have a conversation with your dog and ask him how he's feeling today.

My next door neighbor was doing a story for our local town paper a few years ago about a pit bull owner who felt he was being portrayed as a bad owner and that his dog was a dangerous animal. She went over to do the story and take pictures. She got a nice picture of the pit bull with a gerbil, and said that all through the pictures she took, the dog was nice and even let her pet him...

Then the owner asked her to have a seat. She did. The dog attacked her and bit her in the face. The owner was beside himself. He wound up putting the dog down.

You just don't know with any animal. You are always taking a risk. Some animals are more potentially vicious than others, and the pitt bull I think qualifies.

I dunno. I sympathize with the owners. But I for one would never own one, and I'd be nervous if one lived next door.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
If German Shepherds were responsible for an estimated one-third of all dog bite-related fatalities while making up less than 2 percent of the dog population, then the answer would be "yes".

However, that's not the case.
Oh, no. I'm too stupid to watch my kids so I need Big Brother to make my decisions for me and protect me.

Fucking dumb.

There are too many Laws on the books as it its.

vailpass
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Why don't we just ban oxygen and light bulbs while we're at it?!!!1111

vailpass
05-09-2012, 09:19 AM

What is it about a pit bull that requires someone to be "man enough" to own one?

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 09:20 AM
I think the argument that guns and cars kill people in the hands of idiots doesn't work. A gun or a car can't do anything on it's own. A pitbull can, it's an animal and it reasons things out based on some level of logic that only it knows. You can't sit down and have a conversation with your dog and ask him how he's feeling today.

My next door neighbor was doing a story for our local town paper a few years ago about a pit bull owner who felt he was being portrayed as a bad owner and that his dog was a dangerous animal. She went over to do the story and take pictures. She got a nice picture of the pit bull with a gerbil, and said that all through the pictures she took, the dog was nice and even let her pet him...

Then the owner asked her to have a seat. She did. The dog attacked her and bit her in the face. The owner was beside himself. He wound up putting the dog down.

You just don't know with any animal. You are always taking a risk. Some animals are more potentially vicious than others, and the pitt bull I think qualifies.

I dunno. I sympathize with the owners. But I for one would never own one, and I'd be nervous if one lived next door.I've known several people who have owned them over the yrs. Never any issues.

Any large dog can be vicious at any time.

Look at the woman that was bit in the face on TV. That wasn't a Pit.

The Franchise
05-09-2012, 09:23 AM

And that dude looks like he cares more about his dog then he does his kid.

vailpass
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM

His kid isn't apt to rip his face off when he isn't looking.

ModSocks
05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
We should nueter all inner city kids. It is for the public good, their parents are not smart enough to raise them right.

Devils advocate but of course.

haha.

Yes.

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 10:16 AM

yeah that guy looks like a real polished advocate.

notorious
05-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Pits are bred for this shit. Why are people surprised or go into 100% defend mode when yet another news story comes out?

Would you have a wolf, tiger, or badger as a pet?

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Pits are bred for this shit. Why are people surprised or go into 100% defend mode when yet another news story comes out?

They are bred for it because of their physique.

Would you breed a Doberman to fight? They can be mean as hell, but their muscle tone is for shit.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
My grandmother had a fucking Poodle that was mean as shit. Fucker bit me several time. Usually because I was a dick to her LOL

Still, any dog can be mean.

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM

http://i.imgur.com/srQl8.gif (http://imgur.com/srQl8)

Fish
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM

That guy has some pent up aggression....

Sucky
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I highly advise getting a cat instead of a pitbull. Cats can't kill you or your kids.

Anyways, good discussion.

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 10:52 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/hello-yes-this-is-scrotum.jpg

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 11:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0VItr.jpg (http://imgur.com/0VItr)

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 11:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/k3iWN.png (http://imgur.com/k3iWN)

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I highly advise getting a cat instead of a pitbull. Cats can't kill you or your kids.

Anyways, good discussion.

Get a cat?

No, I'm not gay.

qabbaan
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
There was just a story locally about how the animal shelters are bursting at the seams with abandoned pit bulls and pit mutts.

It seems to be the patron breed of white trash, to the misfortune of the breed.

Slainte
05-09-2012, 11:28 AM

http://thisisphotobomb.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/8afa339e-3bd4-475f-84ba-f21443673c35.jpg

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
There was just a story locally about how the animal shelters are bursting at the seams with abandoned pit bulls and pit mutts.

I'm sure some black trash have done the same w/ the breed, WAISIS!!!!

In58men
05-09-2012, 11:31 AM
http://thisisphotobomb.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/8afa339e-3bd4-475f-84ba-f21443673c35.jpg

Ohhhh fuck no!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU CAT!!!!!!!!!!

RockChalk
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Big Daddy has seen this thread. And he's currently writing a 4 page response...

ForeverChiefs58
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Listen for the pause when he says and then, uh, the dog takes him to his kids room and rams the door with his head...and then he opens the door and finds the kid...

Did the dog close the door on his way out of the room?

I am sure he would be grateful to the dog, but it seems someone would be more affectionate to the child they almost lost because they weren't watching him more closely.

Lumpy
05-09-2012, 11:51 AM

It's the same way on Craigslist. I occasionally cruise the pet section and lose count on how many Pit Bull ads are listed.

The problem is, anyone that is looking to adopt a Pit, (either from a shelter or an individual), will not know the dog's history, (i.e. abused, trained to fight, etc.). Shelters are suppose to disclose any info they have on the pet, but who knows if the owner who gave up their pet disclosed any behavioral issues.

Incidents where a Pit, (or any dog for that matter), attacks someone has a lot to do with how they were treated and this doesn't always fall on the owner.

A friend of ours had an Australian Shepherd and it was a pretty tame dog, (loved to play fetch, and such). However, thanks to neighbor brats throwing rocks at the dog, he turned into a vicious dog. There was no going into my neighbor's yard after the dog was abused. In fact, he snapped at my friend's aunt and damn near ripped her nose off. The dog was put to sleep shortly after that incident.

In the event of what happened w/ my friend's dog, the viciousness occurred after being tormented by others and was not caused by the owner being negligent. The dog was fenced in on their property and didn't deserve to be abused by the little brats.

Lzen
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Lots of ignorance being displayed in this thread.

This statement is completely false. At least according to, you know, experts.

tooge
05-09-2012, 12:04 PM

I've got nothing against German Shepards. Lets leave them be. But, lets ban shepards in general. They smell. Sorry shepards, no offense, but you guys smell and need to be banned.

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Also the whole "Your family is at risk if your dog weighs 120 lbs or more"

I've seen male German Shepherds that crack 120 (and not because they're overweight).

Newfoundlands? The giant teddy bears of the dog world? Those guys are a danger to your kids?

Please...

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 12:10 PM
It's the same way on Craigslist. I occasionally cruise the pet section and lose count on how many Pit Bull ads are listed.

The problem is, anyone that is looking to adopt a Pit, (either from a shelter or an individual), will not know the dog's history, (i.e. abused, trained to fight, etc.). Shelters are suppose to disclose any info they have on the pet, but who knows if the owner who gave up their pet disclosed any behavioral issues.

Incidents where a Pit, (or any dog for that matter), attacks someone has a lot to do with how they were treated and this doesn't always fall on the owner.

A friend of ours had an Australian Shepherd and it was a pretty tame dog, (loved to play fetch, and such). However, thanks to neighbor brats throwing rocks at the dog, he turned into a vicious dog. There was no going into my neighbor's yard after the dog was abused. In fact, he snapped at my friend's aunt and damn near ripped her nose off. The dog was put to sleep shortly after that incident.

In the event of what happened w/ my friend's dog, the viciousness occurred after being tormented by others and was not caused by the owner being negligent. The dog was fenced in on their property and didn't deserve to be abused by the little brats.I wouldnt adopt any adult, large-breed dog. You just dont know the dogs history.

El Jefe
05-09-2012, 12:17 PM

White trash, and ghetto thug blacks. It seems to be about a 50/50 in our area, either way they are inbreeding and ruining the breed.

I paid $1000.00 for my APBT (wanted traceable blood lines) and she is the best dog I could ever ask for, and yes she is constantly around kids and I have never had an issue and she is going on 6 years old.

-King-
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I wouldnt adopt any adult, large-breed dog. You just dont know the dogs history.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yp2KI.gif (http://imgur.com/yp2KI)

Lzen
05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yp2KI.gif (http://imgur.com/yp2KI)

:LOL:

whoman69
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM

The problem is these Michael Vick wannabe ****s. You can't teach a dog to trust nobody but you and expect them to figure out family as well. If you don't have enough time to devote to a dog becoming a part of the family, you have no right owning a dog--let alone one who is capable of some quick destruction.

I think that you've made the biggest point for those against it. Nobody is going to ban certain people from owning pets, and you can't sort them out beforetime. These dogs in the wrong hands are very dangerous. At certain points nature takes over and tragedy visits.

tooge
05-09-2012, 12:27 PM
There was a story not long ago about a ferret that chewed a sleeping babys fingers off. Finger food if you will. I was really on the ban ferrets band wagon until I heard that most ferrets are not finger chewers.

lcarus
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Even if it were true that pits that have never been aggressive can all of a sudden eat a child in the blink of an eye, it's the owners responsibility to keep their dog away from children, and the parents job to keep their children away from the dog. Just to be safe. Because sometimes kids can torment or hurt a dog without intent. Just by pulling on its fur or somethin. So better just to be safe and keep the dog away from kids unless you strongly supervise them. Banning a whole breed though? That's just retarded.

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 12:32 PM
I trust this dude's opinion on dogs more than anyone else's:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsGp-bOl4Go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luv
05-09-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408004n&fb_ref=belowVideo&fb_source=home_multiline

Pit bull saves owner from oncoming train

May 9, 2012 7:45 AM

A pit bull hit by a freight train last week is being credited with saving its owners life. WBZ-TV's Jim Smith reports.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50124457&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408004n&fb_ref=belowVideo&fb_source=home_multiline" />

tooge
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408004n&fb_ref=belowVideo&fb_source=home_multiline

Pit bull saves owner from oncoming train

May 9, 2012 7:45 AM

A pit bull hit by a freight train last week is being credited with saving its owners life. WBZ-TV's Jim Smith reports.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&&contentValue=50124457&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7408004n&fb_ref=belowVideo&fb_source=home_multiline" />

Need to ban trains!

Lzen
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM

And just to add to this.

9. Pit Bulls score an 83.4% passing rate with the American Temperament Test Society. That's better than the popular Border Collie (a breed who scores 79.6%). View the ATTS stats here (http://www.atts.org/stats1.html).

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pit-bulls-ten-things-you-should-know.html

The Franchise
05-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Dogs are like kids.....not everyone should be allowed to have one.

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Dogs are like kids.....not everyone should be allowed to have one.Absolutely. I'd extend this to all pets, too.

An owner who doesn't know how to care for a pet can be just as bad as a malicious animal abuser.

philfree
05-09-2012, 12:56 PM
If a person wants to raise their children with a Pitt in the home that's their business. Of course they're taking a risk with their childrens lives but hey they ain't my kids. IMO it's very unwise to do so. And for those who do it what's the payoff?

tooge
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
If a person wants to raise their children with a Pitt in the home that's their business. Of course they're taking a risk with their childrens lives but hey they ain't my kids. IMO it's very unwise to do so. And for those who do it what's the payoff?

save kids from being killed by trains?

philfree
05-09-2012, 01:11 PM
save kids from being killed by trains?

Yeah most all will be disapointed if that's their reason. I think as a parent I'd do my best to keep my kids away from the tracks as well as away from Pitt Bulls.

Predarat
05-09-2012, 01:28 PM
For every Pit Bull that saves a kid from a train, 8,672 maul one. Can't really prove that as fact, just some silly math I did.

lcarus
05-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I trust this dude's opinion on dogs more than anyone else's:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsGp-bOl4Go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not saying this, but I've heard people say that dude is somewhat of a joke. I haven't seen his show personally so I have no clue what they mean.

Fish
05-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not saying this, but I've heard people say that dude is somewhat of a joke. I haven't seen his show personally so I have no clue what they mean.

I wouldn't call him a joke. From what I've seen, he's incredibly knowledgable about animal behavior. And more importantly, human behavior and how it coincides with animal behavior. Generally on his show, it's the animal owner that must change their ways in how they deal with the dog to correct their animal's behavior problems.

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm not saying this, but I've heard people say that dude is somewhat of a joke. I haven't seen his show personally so I have no clue what they mean.There are plenty of criticisms about Cesar's method of dog training. Like a political philosophy, you can agree with someone without adopting the belief or method 100%. I can accept people that don't want to use what Cesar teaches with their own dogs. It seems cold or Spartan to them. But to call him a joke is to ignore the thousands of dogs he's successfully helped.

The biggest myth with him is that he abuses dogs to get them to behave, which is bullshit. He never touches them in a way that leaves a scratch or even a bruise. The idea behind his method is that he mimics his hand as a dog's mouth, with teeth and stuff. So when he makes a behavioral correction, all he's doing is mimicking a bite to the animal. It doesn't hurt them at all. It's just his fingers.

I've trained my German Shepherd using large portions of his method, and it works. For example, my dog doesn't get to eat until he does "work" of some type. It could as simple as fetching his toys and putting them in his box (a trick he's comfortable with and knows instantaneously upon command) or even going for a jog or extensive walk, which is what I usually do before his evening meal. He also doesn't get his food until he's in his "calm submissive" state. I also make sure he knows that I am always the first person to walk through a door.

Little things like that (not necessarily the whole Cesar method) have made him the most obedient and loyal animal companion I've ever been around.

I think people who want to call Cesar a joke just have different opinions and methods of dog training. There are many different ways to take care of your dog. Just because your one method works doesn't mean all of the others are false.

LOCOChief
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
That 24 hour period was during a full moon- interesting.

Epic Fail 007
05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes its the stupid owners who think they are hard ass trash gangsters that train them to fight. Its not the dog. In fact majority of people should have to take an IQ test to own a pet,drive and vote before doing so. IM OUT!

CrazyPhuD
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Although I understand your point, cars can not be trained to be mean/vicious. A car can not do anything without the driver's decision.

Except that I'm 95% certain that I could modify this into an automated killing machine in less than a month. All without any driver input.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/science/10google.html?pagewanted=all

The point is actually extremely simple, you don't ban ANYTHING based upon what *might* happen, only extremely rarely should you ban anything and only then when you have concrete evidence that shows that you are preventing something that WILL happen rather than just an extremely low probability event that it *might* happen.

If we banned everything that might hurt someone you'd never be allowed to leave your house.

The Franchise
05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
My wife actually wants to get a pit bull but she's already said that it won't happen until the kids are either teenagers or out of the house.

LOCOChief
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Those people are full of shit, all you have to do is watch the show to see how amazing he is.

suzzer99
This won't end well. Pits are great dogs and not harmfull if you raise and train them right. Mine is around children all the time.

Well this certainly changes everything. I'm sure that based on these two pieces of anecdotal evidence, the calls for a pit bull ban will cease immediately.

Chief Roundup
It always boils down to the human in every situation like this. Cars don't kill, guns don't kill, dogs don't kill. It is the human that is not educated or doesn't think it will happen to them.

suzzer99
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
If you Google "pit bull attack never before" you will find countless incidents where a pit bull who never, never, ever acted aggressively attacked someone and either brutally maimed them or killed them.

THAT'S the problem with the breed. If a poodle or a yorkie, a golden retriever, a german shepherd or just about any other breed of dog runs amok, people RARELY die. That's the difference. There's a reason why pit bulls are responsible for an estimated one-third of all dog bite-related fatalities while making up less than 2 percent of the dog population.

This combined with dumb-ass owners who want a macho dog and encourage aggression in the animal is the entire problem. People who want to simply blame the owner and leave it at that ignore the fact that pit bulls are bred to be more vicious, stronger and I think most importantly - attack with zero warning. Most other dogs will bark, growl or give off some warning before a bite. Pits just sit there stock still.

suzzer99
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
It always boils down to the human in every situation like this. Cars don't kill, guns don't kill, dogs don't kill. It is the human that is not educated or doesn't think it will happen to them.

Right, which is why we let any idiot w/o training own a bazooka.

Oh wait...

RealSNR
05-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Right, which is why we let any idiot w/o training own a bazooka.

Oh wait...I had no idea people owned pit bulls for the purposes of firing off ballistic explosives

Spicy McHaggis
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ515RM7lHAIRPzB-MDgSBihCtnPKp29o4ZqCCzYW1YASoeDA4eXF-hhrM-

Lzen
05-09-2012, 02:28 PM

So why even mention it? You should watch his show and make your own, "informed" opinion. IMO, those people that say he's a joke are idiots. Like SNR's story, I have used Ceasar's methods to train my boxers. Most of it has worked very well for me.

Many of those people that are against Ceasar's training don't like things like the alpha roll. They are also typically the type that are willing to have a troubled dog put down rather than rehabilitate it as Ceasar would. So I will take The Dog Whisperer's methods over those that call him a joke any day.

Lzen
05-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Yes its the stupid owners who think they are hard ass trash gangsters that train them to fight. Its not the dog. In fact majority of people should have to take an IQ test to own a pet,drive and vote before doing so. IM OUT!

I actually (almost) agree with you. While it would be nice if people were required to take an IQ test for these things, that would not be right. :hmmm:

Lzen
05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Those people are full of shit, all you have to do is watch the show to see how amazing he is.

I watched his show a lot when my boxers were pups and applied his methods successfully. I have first hand experience to say that it works.

suzzer99
05-09-2012, 03:00 PM

I know right? If only there were some sort of system for making people prove they are competent to handle something as dangerous as a car. Perhaps a license of some sort.

Maybe some day.

Red Dawg
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM

No, it's pitbulls. I never hear of kids being mauled buy poodles. All of them and rots should be destroyed.

Reerun_KC
05-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I love it when a pitbull comes around my yard....

Gives me an excuse to practice with the new .45......

The only purpose of a pitbull is target practice...

Gary
05-09-2012, 03:18 PM
I've got nothing against German Shepards. Lets leave them be. But, lets ban shepards in general. They smell. Sorry shepards, no offense, but you guys smell and need to be banned.

Ummmm, no one look under my name. Oh wait, only "shepards" are banned. Whew!

Predarat
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I shot a pit bull in Reno
Just to watch it die
Then I got to watch the owner
Hang his head and cry

Iowanian
05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Since owners of aggressive breeds are always convinced of the safety of their animal, I don't think they should be outlawed.

I just think that the parent of the child your canine(pick a white trash/thug breed) mauls should have the choice to put both you and your canine down if they choose.

I'll admit it, I practice profiling of people based on the dogs they're walking.

Beef Supreme
05-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Another case of "If I don't like something, it should be illegal."

Well fuck you.

vailpass
05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
So why even mention it? You should watch his show and make your own, "informed" opinion. IMO, those people that say he's a joke are idiots. Like SNR's story, I have used Ceasar's methods to train my boxers. Most of it has worked very well for me.

Many of those people that are against Ceasar's training don't like things like the alpha roll. They are also typically the type that are willing to have a troubled dog put down rather than rehabilitate it as Ceasar would. So I will take The Dog Whisperer's methods over those that call him a joke any day.

LMAO

Donger
05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't think they should be banned, but it's stupid to ignore over-breeding and idiot/trash owners, too. Any large or powerful breed CAN cause damage. One of the things that I hate about dog owners is when they say, "Oh, my dog would NEVER do that!" No fuckface, you don't know that.

Heck, a remember that a Pom killed an infant once, too.

suzzer99
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Another case of "If I don't like something, it should be illegal."

Well **** you.

nuance coming out the wazoo

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-09-2012, 05:59 PM

You're wrong ! I've seen a broken tie rod cause a fatal accident. I've seen a gun malfunction and blow up in someones face. And Dogs ALL need to be shot! In the face with a shotgun!

My point is . I have no point. I just like to shoot stray dogs.

scho63
05-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I remember a great scene in Casino where all the old time Italian Mafia bosses are sitting around wondering if Alan King's character Andy Stone is going turn on them to the Feds. They all agree that he is a "good kid" and will be quiet EXCEPT Remo Gaggi, the Kansas City boss who says, "Why take a chance?" and they go and kill him.

It's the same thing with the pitbulls and all other strong breeds around kids......why take the chance????

BIG_DADDY
05-09-2012, 07:16 PM
So a person who has never had the breed and for that matter probably never even had a real dog (probably has cats) wants to decide what's best for everyone. Typical

Shogun
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
lol shit thread by shit poster

hometeam
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I saw this thread this morning but it was too fucking stupid for me to post in.

Now that it has been a while and I have some free time.

Let me preface this by saying I do not own pitbulls, never have. I have a bull terrier, a lab, and 2 mini dachsunds.

Hey. OP. Go fuck yourself.

Predarat
05-09-2012, 07:55 PM
So a person who has never had the breed and for that matter probably never even had a real dog (probably has cats) wants to decide what's best for everyone. Typical

Dissapoint. I expected more from you.

MOhillbilly
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
This was hashed out on cp from 02 through 06ish. Over and over and over.

Some are good and some aint.

Simply Red
05-09-2012, 09:18 PM
This was hashed out on cp from 02 through 06ish. Over and over and over.

Some are good and some aint.

ATTACK HIM!

Easy 6
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
That guy has some pent up aggression....

Uh yeah, something is off with that situation... something about the deep bags under the eyes and hyperactive, too intense mannerisms.

Despite the tearful story, not the really the best spokesman...

Dayze
05-10-2012, 12:39 AM
Pits are sweet dogs if raised correctly.

no shit, any dogs not raised and socialized correctly, will be bastards. My wife's friend has a GD Dalmation, and I'm more scared of that MF'er than a PIT. Shit head of a dog.

meanwhile, I've socialized with a Pit Rescue dogs, and they're very sweet. Sure a few can be crazy and mean, but any dog can.

I'd own a Pit and not even think twice.

Easy 6
05-10-2012, 12:53 AM
no shit, any dogs not raised and socialized correctly, will be bastards. My wife's friend has a GD Dalmation, and I'm more scared of that MF'er than a PIT.

Even well socialized dalmations can still be bastards, had a girlfriend totally dump one on me - sparky, the dalmation? wow how original, how do i end up with these women - that i kept for over a year, but gave up to a dal specific adoption because no matter how much love i showered on it, long walks & many hugs & treats every day, it would never really return it, might even snap at you once in a while, she was like a bastard cat, of a dog.

Snapped once on one of the adopting families kids on their first visit LMAO, thank God they still took her.

I truly tried, but it was a very loveless dog.

Dayze
05-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Even well socialized dalmations can still be bastards, had a girlfriend totally dump one on me - sparky, the dalmation? wow how original, how do i end up with these women - that i kept for over a year, but gave up to a dal specific adoption because no matter how much love i showered on it, long walks & many hugs & treats every day, it would never really return it, might even snap at you once in a while, she was like a bastard cat, of a dog.

Snapped once on one of the adopting families kids on their first visit LMAO, thank God they still took her.

damn. bummer. at least you tried though.
i've only encountered 2....and bother were MFers.

Dayze
05-10-2012, 01:03 AM

I just re-read that part.
LMAO

Easy 6
05-10-2012, 01:09 AM
damn. bummer. at least you tried though.
i've only encountered 2....and bother were MFers.

Not sure what happened in their breeding, but they're apparently notorious for being very flakey dogs.

Dayze
05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Not sure what happened in their breeding, but they're apparently notorious for being very flakey dogs.

no joke.

my lab mix and pointer/collie mix are horrible watch dogs. granted they'll bark at intruders, or sounds etc, but won't do shit. they'd want to play.

like the All-State Mayhem guy where he's a dog while burglars are breaking in.

Ultra Peanut
05-10-2012, 03:39 AM
IAWTOP

http://i.imgur.com/sJOPD.png

rad
05-10-2012, 06:04 AM

WhiteWhale
05-10-2012, 06:48 AM
And just to add to this.

http://www.pitbulllovers.com/pit-bulls-ten-things-you-should-know.html

Yeah, but Border collies are the smartest dog breed there is. I like those dogs a lot.

The problem with pits is all about physiology. They're physically dangerous and the wrong type of owners are attracted to that aspect of their breed.

J Diddy
05-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah, but Border collies are the smartest dog breed there is. I like those dogs a lot.

The problem with pits is all about physiology. They're physically dangerous and the wrong type of owners are attracted to that aspect of their breed.

Great post.:clap:

Fish
05-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Dalmatians are assholes. That Disney movie lied!

Iowanian
05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
My pet honey badger has never bitten anyone. It's the sweetest honey badger you've ever seen, it's tough, it's loyal and it loves my kids....until the day one of them accidentally wore home a black and yellow striped shirt.

Skyy God
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
And here's the flip side of pits, rescuing an alkie owner.

A pit bull that made a life-saving rescue by pulling her owner out of the path of an oncoming freight train now needs a helping hand herself.

Lilly, an 8-year-old pit bull, was with her owner when the woman fell unconscious on train tracks in Shirley, Mass., on May 3, according to ABC affiliate WCVB in Boston.
Lilly managed to drag her owner, Christine Spain, off the tracks just before the train rumbled through. The conductor was unable to stop the locomotive in time, and the wheels wound up slicing through the dog’s right foot, fracturing her pelvis and causing other internal injuries, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

Spain was uninjured.

“She saved my mom’s life,” her son, David Lanteigne, a Boston police officer, told WCVB.
He said he rescued Lilly from a shelter several years ago and gave her to his mother as a way to cope with her alcoholism. Spain had relapsed prior to the incident, and she was arrested at the scene on charges of obstruction and danger on a railroad track, ABCNews.com reported Wednesday.

The dog is now recovering at an animal medical center, but her family needs help paying for treatments. The center is working to collect donations.

A vet told reporters he expects the dog to recover following a front-limb amputation.
“Lilly’s recovery from this horrific ordeal is my top priority right now and I’ll do everything possible to get her back home to us,” Lanteigne said to WCVB.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hero-pit-bull-pulls-owner-train-tracks-life-saving-rescue-article-1.1075467#ixzz1uUaFAawp

Easy 6
05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Repost, but a good one anyway... the love he was showing that dog was very, very touching.

CosmicPal
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
It's the owners.

This happened to me l ast week: I was walking my dog as I usually do each and every day. A few blocks from my house, I see a dog wandering around the neighborhood with a thick chain around it's neck and a brown shoestring dangling from this chain.

This poor puppy I discover is a pit bull. At first, it was afraid of me and my dog, but the dogs connected with one another and the pit bull turned into the sweetest little dog you'd ever see. So, I picked her up and carried her home.

That dog was great with my dog and everyone that I showed it too. I was determined to find it a good home and a trusting person to take care of it. I had a couple of takers.

A couple of days later, I am out walking my dog again when a car pulls up and three black males jump out of the sedan and start screaming at me. I'm listening to music on my phone. They're yelling at me and saying I stole their dog.

I barked back that they should not have had such a thick chain around its neck and that he looked woefully underfed and quite frankly was wandering around the neighborhood. I asked if they could describe the dog and they did, so I had no choice but to return the pit bull pup back to the gangsta youths a few blocks away. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

That pup was going to go to a good home. Instead, I had to return it to these thugs that will ruin it.

ForeverChiefs58
05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
And here's the flip side of pits, rescuing an alkie owner.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hero-pit-bull-pulls-owner-train-tracks-life-saving-rescue-article-1.1075467#ixzz1uUaFAawp

I wonder what type of scenario would have someone walking with their pit bull on some train tracks, and then mysteriously falling unconscious on the tracks with a train coming?

And how does a dog drag someone off the tracks yet still get hit? If you drag someone off of something, you are clear before they are.

Story smells like dog shit.

"family needs help paying for treatments"

Predarat
05-10-2012, 01:06 PM
It's the owners.

This happened to me l ast week: I was walking my dog as I usually do each and every day. A few blocks from my house, I see a dog wandering around the neighborhood with a thick chain around it's neck and a brown shoestring dangling from this chain.

This poor puppy I discover is a pit bull. At first, it was afraid of me and my dog, but the dogs connected with one another and the pit bull turned into the sweetest little dog you'd ever see. So, I picked her up and carried her home.

That dog was great with my dog and everyone that I showed it too. I was determined to find it a good home and a trusting person to take care of it. I had a couple of takers.

A couple of days later, I am out walking my dog again when a car pulls up and three black males jump out of the sedan and start screaming at me. I'm listening to music on my phone. They're yelling at me and saying I stole their dog.

I barked back that they should not have had such a thick chain around its neck and that he looked woefully underfed and quite frankly was wandering around the neighborhood. I asked if they could describe the dog and they did, so I had no choice but to return the pit bull pup back to the gangsta youths a few blocks away. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

That pup was going to go to a good home. Instead, I had to return it to these thugs that will ruin it.

Good grief, those owners could use a good dose of antifreeze.

Carlota69
05-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I havent completely read this entire thread, but...I'd much rather ban The Michael Vicks of the World than Pitbulls. In fact, I'd like to ban anyone who hurts children and animals. Pittbulls? Not so much. Me loves dogs, and I dont care which kind.

Simplicity
05-10-2012, 01:11 PM

Forks kill people... Should we declare forks illegal? People kill people... Should we declare people illegal?

That's how much sense your post made.

Fish
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I wonder what type of scenario would have someone walking with their pit bull on some train tracks, and then mysteriously falling unconscious on the tracks with a train coming?

And how does a dog drag someone off the tracks yet still get hit? If you drag someone off of something, you are clear before they are.

Did you miss this part?

He said he rescued Lilly from a shelter several years ago and gave her to his mother as a way to cope with her alcoholism. Spain had relapsed prior to the incident, and she was arrested at the scene on charges of obstruction and danger on a railroad track, ABCNews.com reported Wednesday.

InChiefsHeaven
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm trying to figure out how the dog got touched by the train...and the article said the front legs too...which makes even less sense...

Skyy God
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Did you miss this part?

Sharp one, that FC58.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm trying to figure out how the dog got touched by the train...and the article said the front legs too...which makes even less sense...

It's a pit bull, it tried to attack the train and got hit.

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
It's a pit bull, it tried to attack the train and got hit.

:facepalm:

vailpass
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
To each his own. I don't know anyone that has one, not sure they are even allowed in our neck of the woods.

I wouldn't let my kids around one and would shoot it dead on sight if one ever came onto my property but to each his own.

MoHillbilly does a good job of explaining that the breed is so watered down now that it isn't accurate to call these dogs "pit bulls".(sorry Mo if I've butchered this)

Iowanian
05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
My pet cobra is awesome. It just eats, and when you take the lid off of his basket and play a flute, just dances back and forth. it's magical and all of our friends and neighbors love it.

He'd never bitten anyone, and it wasn't his fault that on poker night, Steve shook his erection at the snake without playing the music and swaying to and fro. Steve died that night because no-one would suck out the poison from the bite location.

It's a nice snake and it's Steve's fault he died.

Trevo_410
05-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Whytf do we ever hear about other breads attacking and injuring people?

Idc what any of you guys say, but aggressiveness comes with the breed. I've heard all of these stories "Well my pit bull is just this nicest thing to ever live. I can't believe it would ever attack that 8 year old kid blah,blah,blah." You could raise these things the perfect way and out of random blue it could be chasing after somebody.

Yes there are other breeds that are known for this aggressiveness, but pits are the worst. TBQH you can't trust the average dog owner to treat them and raise them the right way anyways. So sure, liscensing these out to people who have been proven dog owners, with the right specs, might help, then again I'm still against it because of their random tantrums.

Im all in for breeding laws or even extermination.

Abortion, the killing of innocent human babies is being practiced across the country. Babies are giving no choice in life. Only because all of these teenage whores are bangin dudes in junior high without any education, support. That's a good enough excuse to kill.

So how to you explain the government allowing the birth and ownership of these potential killers?

I know, most of you guys want to be badass and want a badass pit bull as your pet. There's no other pet in the world you'd rather have than a pit bull.

Truth is, I was that 8 year old kid, on my bike talking with a neighbor across the street when I saw my next door neighbors pit, who'd I'd known since i was born, and was fairly comfortable with, run though the front door of their house and start chasing after me. I ended up with defense wounds all the way up my arms and legs. Luckily the neighbor's(the one I was talking to) parents came within a few seconds and got him off, followed by the dog's owner. Because it never happened before and because my injuries weren't that severe, there was no punishment.

Afterwards from that time, on till the mfer died a couple years ago, it didn't do anything like that. Of course I never got close to their yard ever again, and he didn't manage to power though the screen door. Do you see the problem with this?

fuck them all.

Iowanian
05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Other breeds bite people every day. It's just that they usually poke a couple of holes in the skin.

The breeds you hear about, bite off faces and scalps and rip arms off of babies when they bite.

My pet garden snake bites people all of the time and no one says much other than it smells bad when it urinates on them.....but 1 cobra bite and now I've got problems. The NERVE of people!

The Franchise
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Whytf do we ever hear about other breads attacking and injuring people?

Idc what any of you guys say, but aggressiveness comes with the breed. I've heard all of these stories "Well my pit bull is just this nicest thing to ever live. I can't believe it would ever attack that 8 year old kid blah,blah,blah." You could raise these things the perfect way and out of random blue it could be chasing after somebody.

Yes there are other breeds that are known for this aggressiveness, but pits are the worst. TBQH you can't trust the average dog owner to treat them and raise them the right way anyways. So sure, liscensing these out to people who have been proven dog owners, with the right specs, might help, then again I'm still against it because of their random tantrums.

Im all in for breeding laws or even extermination.

Abortion, the killing of innocent human babies is being practiced across the country. Babies are giving no choice in life. Only because all of these teenage whores are bangin dudes in junior high without any education, support. That's a good enough excuse to kill.

So how to you explain the government allowing the birth and ownership of these potential killers?

I know, most of you guys want to be badass and want a badass pit bull as your pet. There's no other pet in the world you'd rather have than a pit bull.

Truth is, I was that 8 year old kid, on my bike talking with a neighbor across the street when I saw my next door neighbors pit, who'd I'd known since i was born, and was fairly comfortable with, run though the front door of their house and start chasing after me. I ended up with defense wounds all the way up my arms and legs. Luckily the neighbor's(the one I was talking to) parents came within a few seconds and got him off, followed by the dog's owner. Because it never happened before and because my injuries weren't that severe, there was no punishment.

Afterwards from that time, on till the mfer died a couple years ago, it didn't do anything like that. Of course I never got close to their yard ever again, and he didn't manage to power though the screen door. Do you see the problem with this?

fuck them all.

Bread on bread crime!

EDIT: Oh....and reading your post gave me a fucking headache. Learn to spell and use proper grammar.

Fish
05-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Pitbulls..... worse than abortion.....

Trevo_410
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Bread on bread crime!

EDIT: Oh....and reading your post gave me a ****ing headache. Learn to spell and use proper grammar.

usually when i get to a point when i get headaches while reading, I stop reading. noone cares about ur personal problems.

The Franchise
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
usually when i get to a point when i get headaches while reading, I stop reading. noone cares about ur personal problems.

Please go take an English class.

Fish
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Yeh fck that Pestlitence guy if e cnt fkn rd shit.not my prob bro. Right knw wht im sayin. his prbls.

Iowanian
05-10-2012, 02:39 PM
When someone needs an abortion, I usually refer them to the shelter to get a pitbull and send it in after it. 2 birds with 1 stone.

Trevo_410
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Please go take an English class.

i try to have perfect grammar and spelling while on forums becuz it matters...

fuck off

The Franchise
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM

fuck off

Can you at least start using your shift key to capitalize the first letter of every new sentence? Can you at least try that?

After that....you could always work on spelling words and phrases out completely.

Trevo_410
05-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Can you at least start using your shift key to capitalize the first letter of every new sentence? Can you at least try that?

After that....you could always work on spelling words and phrases out completely.

i won't because tbqh im not as anal a you neither do i care yo u mad no periods

Iowanian
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM

take easy nut be ok bro kick ass sea bass

The Franchise
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I won't, because to be quite honest, I'm not as anal as you. I don't care. Are you upset that I didn't use any periods?

FYP

Predarat
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM

fuck off

http://teacherdanmax.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/spellrite.gif

vailpass
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Teenagers are funny like this.

SLAG
05-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Video for that story earlier :

<object name="kaltura_player_1336686598" id="kaltura_player_1336686598" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="360" width="640" data="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ujz7a28u/uiconf_id/6501142">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ujz7a28u/uiconf_id/6501142"/>
<param name="flashVars" value="referer=http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/pitbull-takes-hit-and-saves-owner-from-train-16310407&autoPlay=false"/>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a>
</object>

Direckshun
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I haven't read this thread, but I'm guessing it already has a couple people screaming like idiots, regardless of their preferences, and assigning extreme positions to the folks they disagree with.

vailpass
05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I haven't read this thread, but I'm guessing it already has a couple people screaming like idiots, regardless of their preferences, and assigning extreme positions to the folks they disagree with.

Why don't you just ban the alphabet and sensible shoes while you're at it??!!

vailpass
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Video for that story earlier :

<object name="kaltura_player_1336686598" id="kaltura_player_1336686598" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all" allowFullScreen="true" height="360" width="640" data="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ujz7a28u/uiconf_id/6501142">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
<param name="movie" value="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_ujz7a28u/uiconf_id/6501142"/>
<param name="flashVars" value="referer=http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/pitbull-takes-hit-and-saves-owner-from-train-16310407&autoPlay=false"/>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com">video platform</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_management">video management</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/solutions/video_solution">video solutions</a>
<a href="http://corp.kaltura.com/video_platform/video_publishing">video player</a>
</object>

Good god show some compassion and put that dog down.

Fritz88
05-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Pitbull attack in KC

http://youtu.be/y0yMSRSw1VY

Easy 6
05-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Pitbull attack in KC

http://youtu.be/y0yMSRSw1VY

Its gotta be a Rick Roll.

ForeverChiefs58
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Sharp one, that FC58.

I really wouldn't mind kicking you in the fucking throat. Why is it you have to be such a fucking asshole every time you reply to me? You have done this in several threads now.

Go ahead Shittsie and explain how an dog can drag someone off of train tracks and "get in between the oncoming train and owner" and get hit by a train in the front legs and the owner untouched. Go ahead smartass.

The story came from a fucking drunk passed out on the tracks who needs money and is now seeking donations you stupid fucking dolt.

Chiefaholic
05-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Just heard a story on the local news (Springfield, MO) where a Pitbull jumped a fence and grabbed a poodle out of the fleeing owners arms, attempting to get away. The guy tried to get his dog back, only to get bit by the Pitbull himself. The owner ran inside, grabbed a knife and stabbed the Pit three times, all the while he continued to attack the Poodle. The owners wife ran out with a gun and he shot the Pit three times . By that time the Poodle was already dead. The family lost their pet, got bit in the process, and a different Pit continues to roam the rural neighborhood.

A personal story... A neighbor couldn't keep his worthless breed of a dog contained in HIS yard. After the dog catcher picking up the Pit THREE times and giving it back (assuming a fine involved), the dog is roaming the neighborhood again and chases our family pet of 16 years under my house and kills it. Needless to say, the f****** city gives the mutt back again. I post here about debating on killing the dog myself, only to be criticized by the Pit loving idiots of Chiefsplanet.

F the breed and I hope they all die off

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Just heard a story on the local news (Springfield, MO) where a Pitbull jumped a fence and grabbed a poodle out of the fleeing owners arms, attempting to get away. The guy tried to get his dog back, only to get bit by the Pitbull himself. The owner ran inside, grabbed a knife and stabbed the Pit three times, all the while he continued to attack the Poodle. The owners wife ran out with a gun and he shot the Pit three times . By that time the Poodle was already dead. The family lost their pet, got bit in the process, and a different Pit continues to roam the rural neighborhood.

A personal story... A neighbor couldn't keep his worthless breed of a dog contained in HIS yard. After the dog catcher picking up the Pit THREE times and giving it back (assuming a fine involved), the dog is roaming the neighborhood again and chases our family pet of 16 years under my house and kills it. Needless to say, the f****** city gives the mutt back again. I post here about debating on killing the dog myself, only to be criticized by the Pit loving idiots of Chiefsplanet.

F the breed and I hope they all die off:rolleyes:

Chiefaholic
05-10-2012, 06:20 PM
:rolleyes:

What's your point, smartass? The dogs were initially bred to KILL. No way in hell would I let my grandbaby near one of them.

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
What's your point, smartass? The dogs were initially bred to KILL. No way in hell would I let my grandbaby near one of them.

The ones you encountered were likely bred/trained to fight.

Not because its their nature, but because of their physique.

Chiefaholic
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
The same can be said for a Pit who lived in my in-laws rural neighborhood. They had a trailer-trash neighbor about 1/2 mile down the road who had a Pit chained to a tree in the front yard. Apparently they thought it was OK to let it run every now and then. This particular dog killed my in-laws Labrador, the neighbors puppy (don't recall the breed), and another neighbors calf. The dog was later picked up and euthanized.

Sucky
05-10-2012, 10:12 PM
imo people that own pitbulls are white trash and trying to act tough. You probably own an H2 and wear Tapout shirts.

MOhillbilly
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Fuckin retarded.

KC native
05-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Fuckin retarded.

Yup, it's not even worth wasting the time.

Sucky
05-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Yup, it's not even worth wasting the time.

http://images.ebaumsworld.com/thumbs/avatars/Y_U_MAD_THO/Y_U_MAD_THO-1301768949.jpg

J Diddy
05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Is this the new newb influx?

Fuck me, bring back Skip

RealSNR
05-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Question:

Hypothetically, let's say Hitler gets elected and bans pit bull ownership. How would that law be carried out? Would shelters and pit bull breeders have to euthanize all of their animals? They can't keep them. Do they release them to the wild? Do owners get to keep their current pit bulls until they die, then they can't get a new one? Do they have to hand their dogs over immediately to be put down? Can you keep a pit bull if you don't live in a residential area? Can you keep a pit bull if your city says it's cool? What if it's a town of 20 people in northern Nevada and they all own pit bulls and nobody wants to give them up? Can that town keep their dogs since nobody's going to get pissed off by the guy next door who owns a pit bull?

This whole conversation to me smacks of "Pit bulls kill children OMG so sad ban them". People don't actually think about what that means or how they might make a pit bull-free society possible without causing more damage and heartache than is already present in the situation.

It's a logical fallacy to say, "YEAH WELL LET'S JUST BAN CARS TOO." It's also a logical fallacy to argue purely from emotional fear and say, "That would be terrible if a pit bull killed my young child. Get them out of society." And to me, that's the only argument that can seem to be made by people who hate and fear these dogs.

Garcia Bronco
05-10-2012, 11:42 PM
You have to kill it.

F the breed and I hope they all die off

Terribilis
05-11-2012, 12:19 AM
I think they should put a ban on owning poodles.
pry her from my cold dead hands.... don't make me post a video.

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 03:25 AM
imo people that own pitbulls are white trash and trying to act tough. You probably own an H2 and wear Tapout shirts.

Ignorant piece of shit.

Yes. That's you.

crazycoffey
05-11-2012, 03:32 AM
This just in; man dies while having sex. Procreation becomes illegal.....

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Why do people feel the need make something illegal just because it poses a threat?

Aren't there enough stupid laws on the books?

Gonzo
05-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Question:

Hypothetically, let's say Hitler gets elected and bans pit bull ownership. How would that law be carried out? Would shelters and pit bull breeders have to euthanize all of their animals? They can't keep them. Do they release them to the wild? Do owners get to keep their current pit bulls until they die, then they can't get a new one? Do they have to hand their dogs over immediately to be put down? Can you keep a pit bull if you don't live in a residential area? Can you keep a pit bull if your city says it's cool? What if it's a town of 20 people in northern Nevada and they all own pit bulls and nobody wants to give them up? Can that town keep their dogs since nobody's going to get pissed off by the guy next door who owns a pit bull?

This whole conversation to me smacks of "Pit bulls kill children OMG so sad ban them". People don't actually think about what that means or how they might make a pit bull-free society possible without causing more damage and heartache than is already present in the situation.

It's a logical fallacy to say, "YEAH WELL LET'S JUST BAN CARS TOO." It's also a logical fallacy to argue purely from emotional fear and say, "That would be terrible if a pit bull killed my young child. Get them out of society." And to me, that's the only argument that can seem to be made by people who hate and fear these dogs.

I totally get what you're saying here. I understand that probably 80-90% of Pit Bulls never really pose a threat. However, let's come up with another hypothetical...

The new Honda Accords just came out, the Accords are extremely affordable and great looking. They have a strong engine, 4 wheel disc brakes and all wheel drive. They can be purchased by anyone so the lower class citizens jump all over them. Honda says they're safe 90% of the time. However, that 10% kills their drivers eventually. Would you buy one and put your child in the car seat?
I think there should be a Pit Bull recall. At the very least, they should give the dogs a monthly shot of Prozac or Zanex, don't you think?

MahiMike
05-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree and have been called out in the past on this. Pit bulls really have no reason to exist. They should be hunted to extinction.

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I totally get what you're saying here. I understand that probably 80-90% of Pit Bulls never really pose a threat. However, let's come up with another hypothetical...

The new Honda Accords just came out, the Accords are extremely affordable and great looking. They have a strong engine, 4 wheel disc brakes and all wheel drive. They can be purchased by anyone so the lower class citizens jump all over them. Honda says they're safe 90% of the time. However, that 10% kills their drivers eventually. Would you buy one and put your child in the car seat?
I think there should be a Pit Bull recall. At the very least, they should give the dogs a monthly shot of Prozac or Zanex, don't you think?Fractions of a single percent of pit bulls kill their owners. In a lot of those cases, it's because the owners are dumbasses and have no clue how to care for the animals.

If 10 percent of Honda Pit Bulls killed the driver, of course the car should be recalled. It's a car. A machine. If .001% of pit bull dogs (or whatever the statistic is) kill their owners, they're still dogs.

Sure, humans are more important than animals, but if you're going to make that argument, then yes, logically we DO have to follow the slippery slope and pass extra-cautious laws banning ownership of other dangerous things.

Also, if anybody here thinking pit bulls should be banned are also gun owners, well... those people are retarded. Functionally retarded. Their mothers should have aborted them all as children. That level of retarded.

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I agree and have been called out in the past on this. Pit bulls really have no reason to exist. They should be hunted to extinction.
:spock:

crazycoffey
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Fractions of a single percent of pit bulls kill their owners. In a lot of those cases, it's because the owners are dumbasses and have no clue how to care for the animals.

If 10 percent of Honda Pit Bulls killed the driver, of course the car should be recalled. It's a car. A machine. If .001% of pit bull dogs (or whatever the statistic is) kill their owners, they're still dogs.

Sure, humans are more important than animals, but if you're going to make that argument, then yes, logically we DO have to follow the slippery slope and pass extra-cautious laws banning ownership of other dangerous things.

Also, if anybody here thinking pit bulls should be banned are also gun owners, well... those people are retarded. Functionally retarded. Their mothers should have aborted them all as children. That level of retarded.

What if 10% of the honda / driver killings were caused because of driving 40MPH over the speed limit all the time, would we still be calling for a recall of the cars or would we realize God was recalling the DRIVER.

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I think Poodles are ugly fucking dogs and have no reason to exist.

Hunt them to extinction.

KC native
05-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Also anybody here thinking pit bulls should be banned are also gun owners, well... those people are retarded. Functionally retarded. Their mothers should have aborted them all as children. That level of retarded.

QFT

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
What if 10% of the honda / driver killings were caused because of driving 40MPH over the speed limit all the time, would we still be calling for a recall of the cars or would we realize God was recalling the DRIVER.You'll have to talk to Gonzo about that. It's his hypothetical.

Either way, it's a dumb idea to ban a breed of dog. Some people here are acting like pit bulls are wild hyenas.

(And yes, I know hyenas are actually more closely related to cats than dogs)

Epic Fail 007
05-11-2012, 10:39 AM
BS POST STFU

ForeverChiefs58
05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Dog bite statistics

Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year. In the past several years, there have been 30 to 35 fatal dog attacks in the USA annually. Each year, more than 350,000 dog bite victims are seen in emergency rooms, and approximately 850,000 victims receive some form of medical attention. Based on data collected in the USA between 2001 and 2003, the CDC concluded that there were 4.5 million dog bite victims per year, but that figure appears to be rising.

Despite the number of victims, only 15,000 to 16,000 of them per year receive money from homeowners insurance companies and renters insurance companies. This equals one-third of one percent of the victims at most - just 3 to 4 out of every 1,000. Although these insurers pay over $350 million to all victims, the average insurance payment for a dog bite case is only $21,875.

It has been accepted that dog bites have become too frequent and too violent to be ignored. The statistics support the view, first articulated by Attorney Kenneth Phillips in 1999, that there exists a "dog bite epidemic" in the United States. There are differences of opinion, however, as to which dogs are too dangerous, with some members of the public even refusing to accept that there is any such thing as a "dangerous dog." Upon close look, the debate often is about how to talk about and deal with dangerous dogs and their owners, and will remain inconclusive until basic agreement can be reached about the nature, quality and scope of information about dog attacks.

The most-cited nationwide survey of dog bites is now 15 years old. It established that in the mid-1990s there were approximately 4.7 million dog bites in the USA per year. Since that time, there is evidence that the number of bites has grown faster than the number of dogs. (Unless otherwise noted, see Statistics for details about all of the figures quoted in this section.)

For example, in the 1980s and 1990s there were about 17 fatalities in the USA per year, but the years 2006 through 2010 saw more than 30 per year. These incidents are referred to as "canine homicides," meaning deaths of humans that were inflicted by dogs. Although homicides are extremely rare, they are significant because they are investigated closely, and a good amount of detail often is reported, enabling experts to form opinions about a variety of issues pertaining to dog bites.

The most recent dog bite study was conducted by physicians and consisted of a review of 82 cases at a level 1 trauma center. Where the breed of dog was identified, the researchers concluded that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Bini, John K. MD; Cohn, Stephen M. MD; Acosta, Shirley M. RN, BSN; McFarland, Marilyn J. RN, MS; Muir, Mark T. MD; Michalek, Joel E. PhD; for the TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, Annals of Surgery (April 2011, Vol. 253, Issue 4, pp. 791–797).

The website DogsBite.org is a thorough, up-to-date source of news and opinion about bite cases and death cases involving dogs. It's 3-year study of such incidents concluded that from 2006 to 2008, pit bull type dogs killed 52 Americans and accounted for 59% of all fatal attacks, and that pit bulls and rottweilers (combined) accounted for 73% of these deaths.

Along the same lines, a report by Animal People found that, of 264 canine homicides from 1982 to 2006 in the USA and Canada, a total of 65% of the deaths were caused by pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes. (Merritt Clifton, Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, US and Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006, click here to download.) An older study published in the Journal of Pediatrics reported 109 fatalities from 1989 to 1994 in the US, with 37% inflicted by pit bulls and Rottweilers. (Sacks JJ, Lockwood R, Hornreich J, Sattin RW. Fatal dog attacks, 1989-1994. Pediatrics 1996; 97:891-5.)

The foregoing studies establish that pit bulls and Rottweilers clearly are dangerous if judged by the damage that they inflict when they attack people. (Footnote 1.) It should be noted, however, that an apparently exhaustive study of canine homicides arrived at entirely different conclusions, and made a strong case that "addressing the issue of severe and fatal dog attacks as a breed specific problem is akin to treating the symptom and not the disease." Karen Delise, Fatal Dog Attacks: The Stories Behind the Statistics, 2002, self published (apparently no longer available), and The Pit Bull Placebo.

Because of the perception that certain breeds are inherently dangerous, many Americans are of the opinion that these breeds need to be eliminated. That also has been the view of many segments of industry and other nations. The insurance industry and airline industry have attempted to exclude certain breeds because of their potential for harm, and a number of European nations have banned certain breeds of dog. (See Breed Specific Laws.) The courts have confirmed that certain breeds are inherently dangerous, although the legal result of having a dangerous dog is inconsistent from case to case and state to state. Many state legislatures have issued declarations that establish there is an epidemic but have not put the responsibility on any one breed. (Footnote 2.) There are many who even have begun to fear that dogs generally may someday be judged unfit to be our companions.

A close look at the dispute over dangerous dogs, however, leads to the conclusion that the disagreement often is about how we talk about them, what makes them dangerous, and how we should curtail the danger. Many believe that we should not talk about a dog as being dangerous, but rather the owner being dangerous. Others say that no breed is inherently dangerous, and that we should regard a dog as dangerous only if it has behaved in a dangerous manner. Many strongly resist any proposed solution that would involve any distinction whatsoever among the breeds. The approach advocated by Attorney Kenneth Phillips and most experts is multi-focal, in recognition of the fact that there are many causes of the dog bite epidemic, requiring many corrective measures. (See Preventing Dog Bites.)

The debate about dangerous dogs will not end until there is some agreement as to the nature, quality and scope of information about dog attacks. The diversity of opinion among the experts is based in great part upon disagreements about which studies, data collection methods, and other fundamentals are reliable. Until the basic facts are resolved, the conclusions will be different and the arguments will continue.

http://dogbitelaw.com/dangerous-vicious-dogs/overview.html

http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
(And yes, I know hyenas are actually more closely related to cats than dogs)Really? I did not know that.

This place can be so educational. :)

J Diddy
05-11-2012, 11:15 AM
You'll have to talk to Gonzo about that. It's his hypothetical.

Either way, it's a dumb idea to ban a breed of dog. Some people here are acting like pit bulls are wild hyenas.

(And yes, I know hyenas are actually more closely related to cats than dogs)

How exactly do you ban a breed exactly? Kill them all?

If that's the case what's next?

The Franchise
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Isn't it about time to hunt mountain lions and hunt them to extinction? They attack humans all of the time.

crazycoffey
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM

We ban stupid posters, duck.....

SLAG
05-11-2012, 11:20 AM
My pitt mixx is sooo protective of my children and of our home

I didn't want another dog at first but Now I couldn't get rid of him

He has been great around 2 infants and toddlers

I have to worry more about the Shih Tzu biting the 3 yr old than the pitt

Fish
05-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Dog bite statistics

There are many who even have begun to fear that dogs generally may someday be judged unfit to be our companions.

http://dogbitelaw.com/dangerous-vicious-dogs/overview.html

http://pit-bulls.christianfunfair.org/attacks.htm

Man's Best Friend: Judged Unfit.

Cats everywhere smirk menacingly...

vailpass
05-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Ban pitbulls? No. Too much government in our lives already. Regulate them, sure. I'd like to be able to go to a legal dogfight where they have properly bred and fight-trained dogs.

J Diddy
05-11-2012, 11:39 AM
We ban stupid posters, duck.....

Oh snap. He got banned before he could even complete his sentence.

suzzer99
05-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Question:

You could look at the example in other countries like England that have banned the breed. You could outlaw breeding and make current owners take some short course that proves they aren't fucking morons--like some states do with guns and all do with cars and motorcycles - then hold them criminally liable if the dog hurts anyone or animal.

This is just off the top of my head. If America isn't smart enough to somehow solve this problem then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM

If that's the case what's next?That's my point. The thread title says, "It's time we put a ban on owning pitbulls." What the hell does that mean?

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Really? I did not know that.

This place can be so educational. :)
No idea if this source is reputable, but I see nothing in it that would cause me to question the validity

http://www.wearesites.com/Personal/Hyenas/spotted_faq.php

Q: They're related to dogs, right?
A: Wrong. Hyenas are a family of their own, the Hyaenidae. They're more closely related to cats than dogs, but their closest relatives are the Herpestidae -- mongooses, meerkats and such.

Q: But what on earth do they have in common with cats?
A: Skeletal details it would take a specialist to explain. DNA studies also prove the relationship. When hyenas lick the space between their hind legs, they lift one or both hind legs into the air much like cats -- "playing the cello," as one cat-lover has called it. One observer claims the female purrs while suckling her cubs.

Q: Okay, so could a hyena cross with either a cat or a dog and produce offspring?
A: No way! In order to produce offspring, even sterile ones, the parents have to be sufficiently closely related to at least be in the same family of animals. Dogs are in one family, the Canidae. Cats are in another, the Felidae. And as I've just said above, hyenas are in their own family. They couldn't possibly produce offspring with any canid or felid, not even with artificial fertilization in a laboratory.

Those stories you read in places like the National Enquirer about cats breeding with rabbits or dogs and humans breeding with gods only know what and actually producing hybrid offspring are just that -- wild stories, invented for the ignorant and gullible who want to be titillated.

Hydrae
05-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Question:

If you outlaw pitbulls, only outlaws will own pitbulls.

Oh wait, it is people who think they are outlaws and own pitbulls who don't know how to raise them responsibly.

ForeverChiefs58
05-11-2012, 01:19 PM
No idea if this source is reputable, but I see nothing in it that would cause me to question the validity

http://www.wearesites.com/Personal/Hyenas/spotted_faq.php

Q: They're related to dogs, right?
A: Wrong. Hyenas are a family of their own, the Hyaenidae. They're more closely related to cats than dogs, but their closest relatives are the Herpestidae -- mongooses, meerkats and such.

Q: But what on earth do they have in common with cats?
A: Skeletal details it would take a specialist to explain. DNA studies also prove the relationship. When hyenas lick the space between their hind legs, they lift one or both hind legs into the air much like cats -- "playing the cello," as one cat-lover has called it. One observer claims the female purrs while suckling her cubs.

Q: Okay, so could a hyena cross with either a cat or a dog and produce offspring?
A: No way! In order to produce offspring, even sterile ones, the parents have to be sufficiently closely related to at least be in the same family of animals. Dogs are in one family, the Canidae. Cats are in another, the Felidae. And as I've just said above, hyenas are in their own family. They couldn't possibly produce offspring with any canid or felid, not even with artificial fertilization in a laboratory.

Those stories you read in places like the National Enquirer about cats breeding with rabbits or dogs and humans breeding with gods only know what and actually producing hybrid offspring are just that -- wild stories, invented for the ignorant and gullible who want to be titillated.

Wrong! One word...Centaur. A Centaur can be even more dangerous than any regular ol' animal. Here is a picture of a Centaur getting ready to attack a small child. Luckily, there were enough people there to halt the attack...this time.
http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/8/4/collegehumor.91d4e028a3a71edf40ce1a443138259e.jpg

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 01:26 PM
You could look at the example in other countries like England that have banned the breed. You could outlaw breeding and make current owners take some short course that proves they aren't fucking morons--like some states do with guns and all do with cars and motorcycles - then hold them criminally liable if the dog hurts anyone or animal.

This is just off the top of my head. If America isn't smart enough to somehow solve this problem then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.I have no problem if a state determines that its citizens be required to have dog-owning licenses if they want to keep dogs.

But if a largely rural state like North Dakota doesn't give a shit, there's no reason to adopt that policy federally. After all, there are a LOT of dog owners out there.

If the law made the license dependent on the breed, that's when you run into trouble. What do you do with mutts? What determines a breed? Only registered dogs?

MOhillbilly
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Ban pitbulls? No. Too much government in our lives already. Regulate them, sure. I'd like to be able to go to a legal dogfight where they have properly bred and fight-trained dogs.

Barbarian.

vailpass
05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Barbarian.

Why thank you Mo :D
I may catch shit for saying it but I know I'm not the only one that thinks it.

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
If the law made the license dependent on the breed, that's when you run into trouble. What do you do with mutts? What determines a breed? Only registered dogs?Yep. This is especially important since the Pit Bull technically isnt a pure breed.