PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Devon Wylie Signed

Dragonocho
05-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Devon Wylie ‏ @WylieMan7

Signed up today. Time to get to work.

DaKCMan AP
05-11-2012, 06:59 AM
They should all come in quick now. Every team has signed in bunches.

Dragonocho
05-11-2012, 07:03 AM
They should all come in quick now. Every team has signed in bunches.

Let's hope.

KurtCobain
05-11-2012, 07:17 AM
The season has begun.

Reerun_KC
05-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Who is Wylie?

Rasputin
05-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Who is Wylie?

Coyote that could never catch the Roadrunner, yet genius. Dumb Acme products he used were the problem.

Gary
05-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Who is Wylie?

Wes Welker knockoff.

Reerun_KC
05-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Wes Welker knockoff.

Dexter 2.0?

Reerun_KC
05-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Coyote that could never catch the Roadrunner, yet genius. Dumb Acme products he used were the problem.

We signed a coyote? Why am I not surprised?

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Who is Wylie?

If you had watched the draft, you'd know. :)

Reerun_KC
05-11-2012, 07:32 AM
If you had watched the draft, you'd know. :)

Its going to be even worse, I cancelled sunday ticket this year.... I have had it since it first came out.

Wife was shocked... But with Crennel and Cassel its not a decision I will regret...

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Its going to be even worse, I cancelled sunday ticket this year.... I have had it since it first came out.

Wife was shocked... But with Crennel and Cassel its not a decision I will regret...

I wont have Sunday Ticket this yr either. I dont wanna watch Cassel.

Sofa King
05-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Who is Wylie?

It's this park in Aberdeen. It has some Wizard of Oz shit and a small zoo type area. Also it has go carts. bumper boats, and some playground equipment. Oh, and it has softball fields.

Reerun_KC
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
I wont have Sunday Ticket this yr either. I dont wanna watch Cassel.

Actually my son and I are planning several different golf outing this fall... It sure beats the alternative...

lcarus
05-11-2012, 08:06 AM

We should have a great defense and running game at least. I'm looking forward to our season. Sure, Cassel will fuck it all up in the end, but we might be good anyway.

Direckshun
05-11-2012, 08:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eHIAiqgJs&feature=related

threebag
05-11-2012, 08:29 AM
We should have a great defense and running game at least. I'm looking forward to our season. Sure, Cassel will **** it all up in the end, but we might be good anyway.

Good enough to be scratching your head at the end of the season, thinking why do I keep doing this to myself.

buddha
05-11-2012, 08:52 AM

Spend your money on kU football instead...a MUCH better investment! LMAO

Thig Lyfe
05-11-2012, 08:55 AM
2 da ship!

2 da muufuckin ship!!!

warrior
05-11-2012, 08:57 AM

That is funny - KU football and fat women :rolleyes:

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I think this kid could come in and have a Joe Jurevicius or Ricky Proehl type impact eventually

Chief Roundup
05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Who is Wylie?

chiefs draft pick

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
holy shit, Ricky Proehl is 44 years old.

DaKCMan AP
05-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I think this kid could come in and have a Joe Jurevicius or Ricky Proehl type impact eventually

How is he anything like Jurevicius or Proehl other than being White?

:spock:

ModSocks
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM

She didn't say he was like them. Said he could have an IMPACT like them.

Micjones
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Good deal.

The Franchise
05-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm keeping my Sunday Ticket pretty much because they lowered the price. That and I'll be watching every game hoping that Cassel goes down with an injury....or plays so shitty that he gets pulled.

DaKCMan AP
05-11-2012, 09:24 AM
She didn't say he was like them. Said he could have an IMPACT like them.

I don't see how that's possible. A small, speedy slot receiver isn't going to have a similar impact to a big physical receiver or a possession receiver.

ModSocks
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm keeping my Sunday Ticket pretty much because they lowered the price. That and I'll be watching every game hoping that Cassel goes down with an injury....or plays so shitty that he gets pulled.

Yeah. I was seriously considering not renewing, but the lowered cost and increased talent lvl on this team changed my mind. I wanna See Bowe, Charles, DJ, Hali, Berry, Hillis, Houston etc.

And I don't think Cassel will be the starter the whole season either, so i'm looking forward to seeing Stanzi or Quinn take the field.

Thig Lyfe
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM

He has a weird name like them.

Rausch
05-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Wes Welker knockoff.

Pioli's next "Wes Welker."

Only he's actually a WR, can catch, and has speed while being undersized...

BigChiefFan
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Glad to see this. Pioli isn't fucking around.

Mr. Laz
05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
sign a draft pick, bitch about cassel

Thig Lyfe
05-11-2012, 10:18 AM
sign a draft pick, bitch about cassel

Matt Cassel sucks

bevischief
05-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Matt Cassel sucks

The name of the Lounge should be changed to this.

philfree
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Wylie, Gray, Long and Hemingway ink deals Friday morning

None of the Chiefs draft picks were under contract when they arrived at the team’s practice facility Thursday evening to prepare for this weekend’s three-day minicamp.

That quickly changed Friday morning when half the team’s draft class inked rookie deals before their first mini-camp practice.

Fourth-round draft pick Devon Wylie, sixth-round draft pick Cyrus Gray and both seventh-round selections, Jerome Long and Junior Hemingway, agreed to four-year contracts. Financial terms were undisclosed.

Wylie, a wide receiver out of Fresno State, was selected in the fourth round 107th overall. He appeared in 44 games (seven starts), hauling in 98 receptions for 1,327 yards (13.5 avg.) with eight touchdowns. He added 18 carries for 118 yards (6.6 avg.), 41 punt returns for 553 yards (13.5 avg.) with two touchdowns and 16 kickoff returns for 333 yards (20.8 avg.). He majored in physical education at Fresno State and prepped at Granite Bay High School in Granite Bay, Calif.

Gray, who played running back at Texas A&M, was drafted 182nd overall. He played in 49 games (29 starts), compiling 632 carries for 3,298 yards (5.2 avg.) with 30 touchdowns. His 3,298 rushing yards make him the school’s third-leading rusher and his 30 touchdowns rank seventh in A&M history. Gray studied Agricultural Leadership and development at Texas A&M after prepping at DeSoto High School in DeSoto, Texas.

Long, a defensive tackle from San Diego State that will play defensive end for the Chiefs, was drafted with the first of two picks in the seventh round 218th overall. He played in 49 games, registering 163 career tackles (92 solo), with 17.5 tackles for loss, 9.0 sacks (-54.0 yards), a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He majored in Math at San Diego State and played his prep football at Morro Bay High School in Morro Bay, Calif.

Hemingway, a wide receiver out of Michigan and the 2012 Nokia Sugar Bowl MVP, was drafted 238th overall with the second of two seventh-round picks. He appeared in 48 games (31 starts), recording 88 receptions for 1,638 yards (18.6 avg.) with 11 touchdowns. His 1,638 receiving yards rank 17th in Michigan history and his six career 100-yard receiving games are tied for ninth in school history. Hemingway prepped at Conway High School in Conway, S.C.

First-round nose tackle Dontari Poe, second-round offensive lineman Jeff Allen, third-round offensive tackle Donald Stephenson and fifth-round safety DeQuan Menzie are the team’s remaining unsigned draft picks.

Dragonocho
05-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Wylie, Gray, Long and Hemingway ink deals Friday morning

None of the Chiefs draft picks were under contract when they arrived at the team’s practice facility Thursday evening to prepare for this weekend’s three-day minicamp.

That quickly changed Friday morning when half the team’s draft class inked rookie deals before their first mini-camp practice.

Fourth-round draft pick Devon Wylie, sixth-round draft pick Cyrus Gray and both seventh-round selections, Jerome Long and Junior Hemingway, agreed to four-year contracts. Financial terms were undisclosed.

Good news. I saw AD Brandt tweeted that it benefits 1st round picks to sign earlier because those that sign early take money from the total allocated to 1st rounders. Anyone seen or heard anything about that? If true, the NFL/NFLPA CBA seems to have taken leverage from the best rookies.

Thig Lyfe
05-11-2012, 11:10 AM
The name of the Lounge should be changed to this.

This.

Extra Point
05-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Dancing banana splits for all!

Micjones
05-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Excited about Gray. That kid's gonna see significant snaps this year.

KurtCobain
05-11-2012, 11:30 AM
WE HAVE GRAY
WE HAVE GRAY
WE HAVE GRAY
WE HAVE GRAY
WE HAVE GRAY
YEAH HORRAY

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 12:10 PM

:spock: Yeah, another mile a minute winless conference season is sure to light a fire up his ass. Maybe they can set a basketball hoop on the track and a b-ball player can dunk or something.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I will never get rid of Sunday ticket. I'd still rather watch the Chiefs than anything else. I just don't go to games when they blow and won't go this year.

rageeumr
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Wylie on IR yet?

philfree
05-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I will never get rid of Sunday ticket. I'd still rather watch the Chiefs than anything else. I just don't go to games when they blow and won't go this year.

I git the Chiefs on the locals but I still buy Sunday Ticket because I like to choose who I watch besides the Chiefs. I may want to switch to different games as the day goes on too. And of course it's not like there's only one TV in the house. And then there is the RedZone which is on seperate TV in the main room with the Chiefs game.

Sunday Ticket is for more than just watching the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I git the Chiefs on the locals but I still buy Sunday Ticket because I like to choose who I watch besides the Chiefs. I may want to switch to different games as the day goes on too. And of course it's not like there's only one TV in the house. And then there is the RedZone which is on seperate TV in the main room with the Chiefs game.

Sunday Ticket is for more than just watching the Chiefs.

I only get it for the Chiefs, but it is a bonus not to be stuck with every Ram game or Dallas when they aren't playing...... CBS wise likely the Broncos will be shoved down the nation's throat again this year since they have Jughead.

I really don't give a fuck about any other team (no 2nd favorites :whackit:), but it is nice to have the option to watch whatever game piques my interest.

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Nah he's not Jurevicious or Proehl. He's Tim Dwight and Don Beebe!

rageeumr
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Reminds me a lot of Steve Largent /CP

Halfcan
05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Devon Wylie ‏ @WylieMan7

Signed up today. Time to get to work.

I hope he adds something to our return game-it was Very Average last year.

Go Go Coyote!!

Rasputin
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I hope he adds something to our return game-it was Very Average last year.

Go Go Coyote!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFmTOyBxUek?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFmTOyBxUek?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Halfcan
05-11-2012, 03:27 PM
The Star posted Wylie will be the Fastest guy on the Chiefs now?? Is that true?

And Poe will be the Biggest?

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
The rather long highlight reel someone posted around draft time, showed a guy who can actually catch, will go across the middle & is capable of going up to get it over bigger players.

I liked what i saw, hope he's a fast learner.

Mr. Laz
05-11-2012, 04:31 PM
The rather long highlight reel someone posted around draft time, showed a guy who can actually catch, will go across the middle & is capable of going up to get it over bigger players.

I liked what i saw, hope he's a fast learner.

yea ...

i would prefer that he caught the ball with his hands instead of his body all the time though.

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 04:56 PM
yea ...

i would prefer that he caught the ball with his hands instead of his body all the time though.

IIRC, he caught almost all of them the right way with outstretched hands, i'll have to take another look.

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah, he catches a few with his chest, but mostly on screens.

I really like the play at around 3:00, catches his own teams punt, thats not a play you see very often.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFmTOyBxUek?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wFmTOyBxUek?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Blackshirts!!!!

BossChief
05-11-2012, 05:46 PM

It sucks that this is our only realistic hope.

I never thought I'd actually hope a Chiefs player would get hurt.

One of us (maybe both) will have an exciting moment this year.

Okie_Apparition
05-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Rookie camp observations

The Chiefs had their first practice of their three-day rookie camp today. Some quick observations:

1) First-round draft pick Dontari Poe comes by his 346 pounds honestly. That number isn't inflated. The man is huge. The Chiefs weren't practicing in pads, so it was hard to make any such generalities about his ability. The Chiefs worked extensively on special teams and during those periods, Poe worked one on one with defensive line coach Anthony Pleasant going over some techniques.

2) The second-round pick, Jeff Allen, worked at left guard while the third-round selection, Donald Stephenson, was at left tackle. While both will have to eventually learn more than one position, that's probably where they'll stay for the time being. Allen projects as the first guard off the bench and eventual successor to starting left guard Ryan Lilja. Unless the Chiefs add a veteran, Stephenson as a rookie will be the primary reserve for starting tackles Branden Albert and Eric Winston.

3) Devon Wylie, the fourth-round pick, is as fast as advertised. The Chiefs need to find a way to put that speed to work. Because of his speed and size, he's often compared to Wes Welker of New England. So it's unfortunate the Chiefs saddled him with Welker's uniform number 83. That only puts pressure on Wylie.

By Adam Teicher on May 11, 2012 - 3:45pmThe Kansas City Star
login or register to post comments

Read more here: http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/2024#storylink=cpy

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2012, 11:14 PM
She didn't say he was like them. Said he could have an IMPACT like them.Exactly. GOSH.

Setsuna
05-12-2012, 12:40 AM
If Crennel thinks Wylie might be the fastest. Charles has become a terrible player since running the fastest is really all that matters in the NFL.

thabear04
05-12-2012, 02:09 AM
The Chiefs officially reached agreements with fourth round choice*Devon Wylie, sixth rounder*Cyrus Gray*and the team's two seventh round choices*Junior Hemingway*andJerome Long. Terms have not yet been disclosed.

The players remaining unsigned include first round choiceDontari Poe*from Memphis, second round offensive lineman*Jeff Allen*from Illinois and third round tackleDonald Stephenson*from Oklahoma. Fifth round defensive back De'quan Menzie from Alabama is also unsigned at this time. Deals should be completed shortly for all players.

philfree
05-12-2012, 02:47 AM
no 2nd favorites.....

I've always been a fan of the NFL and that started long before I became a Chiefs fan. No 2nd favorites for me though.....Chiefs!

milkman
05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
If Crennel thinks Wylie might be the fastest. Charles has become a terrible player since running the fastest is really all that matters in the NFL.

Yeah.

That's exactly what everyone says.

What a fucking stupid post.

rico
05-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I wonder what round Cyrus Gray would have been projected to go in if he would have continued to accelerate from his 2010 season...? I think he had some injuries bugging him last year. It'll be sweet if Gray and Hillis both rebound from their nagging 2011 injuries...and well, same with Charles for that matter.

What are the chances we get through the season with none of those 3 RB's losing substantial playing time?

Setsuna
05-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah.

That's exactly what everyone says.

What a ****ing stupid post.

Your sarcasm meter is/has/always will be broken old man. :shake:

Chief Roundup
05-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Priest Holmes nor Shaun Alexander were not near the fastest when they each set records for TDs in a season.

chefsos
05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I honestly didn't know that Devon Wylie is a white dude until now. Hadn't seen a picture. Frankly, I'd assumed he was black due to the position he plays, and his name. I thought it kind of odd that he was being compared with Welker so often.

milkman
05-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Your sarcasm meter is/has/always will be broken old man. :shake:

Sarcasm meter doesn't work on dumbasses.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Sarcasm meter doesn't work on dumbasses.

Right. You are wise beyond your years...oh wait.

Titty Meat
05-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Blackshirts!!!!

Fuck you

Pasta Little Brioni
05-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Fuck you

ROFL

Bowser
05-13-2012, 02:50 PM
They gave him Wes Welker's number?

:facepalm:

Titty Meat
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Nah not Wes Welkers number Jerheme Urban's number. Lowered expectations :)

Bowser
05-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Nah not Wes Welkers number Jerheme Urban's number. Lowered expectations :)

Heh, true. Nowhere to go but up.

"Here you go, Wylie. Now, this doesn't mean we think you should catch 112 passes and 10 touchdowns. We just want you on the field. Never mind what the crazy people at ESPN or the NFL Network will say the first time they see you in the 83 jersey."

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM

LOL did they really? Pioli is one obsessed dude. I know why you drafted Stanzi now. He was #12 like Tom Brady is now. It all makes sense now. Now I wonder if Pioli is still there will he give a QB the number 12, and that pretty much solidifies him as the next starting QB.

Easy 6
05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
What are the chances we get through the season with none of those 3 RB's losing substantial playing time?

I dont know, but what i do know, is if all three stay healthy... this is going to be an All Galaxy rushing attack... a lot of teams are going to be worn the **** out after facing KC.

/diamond hard wood

SAUTO
05-13-2012, 04:17 PM
LOL did they really? Pioli is one obsessed dude. I know why you drafted Stanzi now. He was #12 like Tom Brady is now. It all makes sense now. Now I wonder if Pioli is still there will he give a QB the number 12, and that pretty much solidifies him as the next starting QB. Stanzi is no.12.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Stanzi is no.12.
Posted via Mobile Device

This year? Last year he was 13. If he is this year then that pretty much ends the discussion.