PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Listening to ESPN Radio (I know), here's a thought.

Direckshun
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
They floated the idea that Tim Tebow has always been a perfect fit for that Tony Sporano, wildcat-friendly offense.

Should there be one of those erratic, impulsive Rex Ryan moves where he benches Sanchez halfway through a game and brings in Tebow, and Tebow does what he's done in Denver....

Well. Sanchez signed an extension with the Jets this offseason, so they can't cut him.

But they can sure trade him.

Say the Chiefs sport a playoff team in 2012, and thus are selecting in the mid-20s.

Would you make a move for Sanchez?

In58men
05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
If the price is right, yes.

I think Rex and the spotlight of New York really put some pressure on the youngster. How many times did Rex say "We're going to the SB this season".

He needs a coach with a good head on the shoulders.

Direckshun
05-11-2012, 03:43 PM
If the price is right, yes.

I think Rex and the spotlight of New York really put some pressure on the youngster. How many times did Rex say "We're going to the SB this season".

He needs a coach with a good head on the shoulders.

Sanchez isn't a world beater, but he's much much more gifted than Cassel, he sports an alpha male locker room presence, and with a good run game and defense, he's done very well.

Munson
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd take Sanchez over Cassel in a heartbeat.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I would've taken Sanchez with the #3 pick back in '09.

Direckshun
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I would've taken Sanchez with the #3 pick back in '09.

I think that was the majority opinion around here.

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure I would have still taken that deal.

Deberg_1990
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes of course. Let's trade for Someone else's failed QB. That's worked so well for us for 40 years, why not?

Bump
05-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd rather have Tebow than Sanchez

In58men
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Yes of course. Let's trade for Someone else's failed QB. That's worked so well for us for 40 years, why not?

You can't call Sanchez a failure. Way too early. I bet you're not calling Quinn a failure.

vailpass
05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes. I'm in favor of KC making this deal. What can I do to help?

Sofa King
05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
LMAO

The Bad Guy
05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't give the change in my car for Mark Sanchez.

Fritz88
05-11-2012, 03:51 PM
No. Never.

BossChief
05-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Fuck that.

TIED5573
05-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes. I'm in favor of KC making this deal. What can I do to help?

Kill yourself.

threebag
05-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Fuck this

Deberg_1990
05-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't give the change in my car for Mark Sanchez.

It's amazing how many Chiefs fans never learn. What's the definition of insanity again?

ChiefsCountry
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I would.

The Bad Guy
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
It's amazing how many Chiefs fans never learn. What's the definition of insanity again?

Exactly. Let's take on Sanchez, and his huge number.

Good loving god.

Titty Meat
05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Why wouldn't we use that first round pick to trade up?

mcaj22
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
ill take a guy thats been to more AFC Championships than anyone on the current Chiefs roster combined. yes.

Titty Meat
05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
ill take a guy thats been to more AFC Championships than anyone on the current Chiefs roster combined. yes.

Greg Robinson has won more super bowls than the Chiefs franchise. Great argument.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Trade Cassel.

Sigh Sanchez and draft Bray

Let them compete.

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM
****. HIM.

Give me Stanzi, or Give Me Death.

Epic Fail 007
05-11-2012, 04:10 PM

we should of many mocks had it that way

Titty Meat
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Trade Cassel.

Sigh Sanchez and draft Bray

Let them compete.

How would we sign Sanchez if he can't be released?

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
How would we sign Sanchez if he can't be released?

Fuck trade for him, give up a pick or two. There's always a way brah

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
****. HIM.

Give me Stanzi, or Give Me Death.

I like Stanzi, but you might be getting death.

kcxiv
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM

At this point, its either that or nothing. The Chiefs are the only damned team since 1985 that hasnt selected a first around qb. I dont think its happening anytime soon. So as a Chiefs fan what else can you do? Its either trying that, or ughhh, thats the only choice.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Let me make it clear if we got Sanchez and didn't draft a "first round" QB in 2013 I'll be fucking pissed

saphojunkie
05-11-2012, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't trade for Sanchez, unless it were a very low-round pick or a conditional pick.

However, to label him a bust seems short-sighted. I know people hate using other examples, but Drew Brees struggled pretty mightily his first few seasons in San Diego. Granted, it wasn't a great team he took over, the way Sanchez took over the Jets. He needs to get his completion percentage up for sure, but there's no way he's a bust and Josh Freeman is just unlucky.

It's been shown before that some guys need a change of scenery and actually do better with a fresh start. (Cutler also appears to be a better player than he was in Denver).

At the end of the day, though, I think our best bet is to sack up and go get our #1 QB in the draft next year, regardless of where we are picking.

saphojunkie
05-11-2012, 04:28 PM
At this point, its either that or nothing. The Chiefs are the only damned team since 1985 that hasnt selected a first around qb. I dont think its happening anytime soon. So as a Chiefs fan what else can you do? Its either trying that, or ughhh, thats the only choice.

It's happening next year dude.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
It's happening next year dude.

I agree

ChiefMojo
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
So lets get rid of Matt Cassel (I'm down) for yet another slap dick in Mark Sanchez, ok... NOT!

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
So lets get rid of Matt Cassel (I'm down) for yet another slap dick in Mark Sanchez, ok... NOT!

It'll be a different situation if we drafted a QB in the 1st round and let them compete.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Not only no, but hell no. If they'd rather have that clown Tebow over him he's fucked.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 04:34 PM
You can't call Sanchez a failure. Way too early. I bet you're not calling Quinn a failure.

If he's benched for Tebow, yes he's a huge failure.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Not only no, but hell no. If they'd rather have that clown Tebow over him he's ****ed.

You're a better poster than that.

Either your just wanting media attention or your views on a NFL QB are impaired.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM
If he's benched for Tebow, yes he's a huge failure.

Key word there is "IF" and he won't be. Save this message.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
You're a better poster than that.

Either your just wanting media attention or your views on a NFL QB are impaired.

I've seen enough of Marky Baywatch to not want him in Red and Gold. We already have a QB that's holding the team back, I sure don't want another one.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I've seen enough of Marky Baywatch to not want him in Red and Gold. We already have a QB that's holding the team back, I sure don't want another one.

How would he be holding the team back if he's competing with a first round QB? I prefer Marky at backup opposed to Matty Ice

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
How would he be holding the team back if he's competing with a first round QB? I prefer Marky at backup opposed to Matty Ice

:spock: I thought the idea of the thread was trading a 1st for him which would mean he's your guy for several years.

In58men
05-11-2012, 04:41 PM
:spock: I thought the idea of the thread was trading a 1st for him

Is it? Hmmm

I would shoot myself.

ChiefMojo
05-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm not against drafting a QB in the 1st round next year but at the same time I don't want to do anything until I see Stanzi under center with the 1st team during a real regular season game. Only then do we truly know if we need a new QB. So far that is incomplete.

Al Bundy
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Sanchez is terrible

Shaid
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Sanchez is about as appealing to me as a dirty sanchez.

No thanks.

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't want to do anything until I see Stanzi under center with the 1st team during a real regular season game.

loochy
05-11-2012, 05:08 PM

n·san·i·ty   [in-san-i-tee]

noun, plural in·san·i·ties.

1. The condition of being insane; a derangement of the mind. Synonyms: dementia, lunacy, madness, craziness, mania, aberration.

2. Law. such unsoundness of mind as frees one from legal responsibility, as for committing a crime, or as signals one's lack of legal capacity, as for entering into a contractual agreement.

3. Psychiatry. (formerly) psychosis.

4.a. extreme foolishness; folly; senselessness; foolhardiness: Trying to drive through that traffic would be pure insanity.

b. a foolish or senseless action, policy, statement, etc.: We've heard decades of insanities in our political discourse.

listopencil
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
At this point, its either that or nothing. The Chiefs are the only damned team since 1985 that hasn't selected a first around QB. I don't think its happening anytime soon. So as a Chiefs fan what else can you do? Its either trying that, or ughhh, thats the only choice.

Really? I did not know that. So you guys are coming up on thirty (30) years without picking a QB in the first round. That's amazing.

kcxiv
05-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Really? I did not know that. So you guys are coming up on thirty (30) years without picking a QB in the first round. That's amazing.

Yep, its quite sad. Every other team has at least tried. I believe that Detroit was the other team that was up there with us, but then they drafted Stafford. Also, the 3 worst play off teams are the Chiefs/Lions and Browns. We are that bad when it comes to the post season success in the last 30 or so years. Hell, maybe 40. haha

its not amazing, its depressing. Well for other teams in the division, i guess it is amazing.

aturnis
05-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Do. Not. Want.

-King-
05-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Hell yeah! A younger Matt Cassel! What's not to love?

stonedstooge
05-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Only if they keep Casshole and Sanchez gets to wipe his boogers on him

KCDC
05-11-2012, 05:59 PM
No thanks.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Cassel sucks!!!

Another nibble on ye nutsack Mark?

BossChief
05-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I'd sign him to try and hold Stanzis jock strap (even though he couldn't) if they ever cut the kid.

Haha

RealSNR
05-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Depends. Will they take Cassel off our hands?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd rather have Cassel.

BossChief
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I'd rather have Cassel.

Kill yourself.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Kill yourself.

Done.

Urc Burry
05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
With Sanchez you are basically guaranteeing another 3+ years of bitching and moaning about QB play from this fan base. I will pass

BossChief
05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
LITERALLY, I would rather have Croyle or Thigpen as the teams starter.

And no, that's not saying I want that to happen either.

It's like choosing to die of aids or brain cancer.

Quesadilla Joe
05-11-2012, 07:51 PM
If Cassel brings the Chiefs to the playoffs next year there is no way in hell that Pioli will trade for Sanchez. We would have to finish 6-10 or worse for Sanchez to be an option in KC.

whoman69
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM

I am. I think the Chiefs are too since they gave him a one year deal.

Easy 6
05-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Quinn wont even sniff a real game without two big injuries this year.

We'll pretty much know for sure after camp.

Tombstone RJ
05-11-2012, 07:59 PM
do it! kc should trade multiple picks for Sanchize and his fat contract. brilliant.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Quinn wont even sniff a real game without two big injuries this year.

We'll pretty much know for sure after camp.

I doubt Quinn is #3.

I bet, it was made clear in his meeting with his former coaches that he would have a shot at the #1 spot (reality is, he will be #2).

He would have been the for sure #2 in Denver, but turned down more money to have a shot to compete for the #1 position and to be the #2 at worst, here.

People on this board tend to lose touch with reality...Stanzi was a 5th round pick. He is a career backup.

Homers flame-on!

Okie_Apparition
05-11-2012, 08:09 PM
7:30AM sharp in front of Home Depot

BossChief
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Truth about Stanzi is that NOBODY knows what he will be in the NFL.

Not even Stanzi himself, the coaches, Mike Mayock or some Internet poster from Iowa that goes by BossChief.

He could go out there and throw 2+ picks per game and show he doesn't have what it takes to transition mentally to this level...hell, maybe he does that in preseason this year and Quinn looks great.

It happens all the time in the NFL.

I don't see that happening, but stranger things have happened.

We have seen Sanchez for 3 years not improve as a quarterback...I wouldn't trade for him, but I'd sign him to compete...on a short term contract.

Chief Roundup
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
They floated the idea that Tim Tebow has always been a perfect fit for that Tony Sporano, wildcat-friendly offense.

Should there be one of those erratic, impulsive Rex Ryan moves where he benches Sanchez halfway through a game and brings in Tebow, and Tebow does what he's done in Denver....

Well. Sanchez signed an extension with the Jets this offseason, so they can't cut him.

But they can sure trade him.

Say the Chiefs sport a playoff team in 2012, and thus are selecting in the mid-20s.

Would you make a move for Sanchez?

NO

Marcellus
05-11-2012, 08:36 PM
I think we should build a time machine and go back in time and draft Joe Montana.

Except that is more likely and a much better idea than the OP.

Trade a 1st for Sanchez? Because the first team to use a 1st on him didn't fucking learn?

05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
If you've seen one USC quarterback, you've seen them all.

notorious
05-11-2012, 09:28 PM
, he sports an alpha male locker room presence, .

Where did you hear that?

I have a friend who is related to a Jets player, and who has also sat in on practice. He told me that Sanchez is a goofball that fucks off a lot.

When I went to the Denver-Jets game last year, every time Sanchez fucked up his head dropped, and eventually he would sulk BEFORE the next offensive series.

No thanks to Sanchez. He is a mental-strength midget.

tredadda
05-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Honestly I would rather us actually draft a 1st round QB. But if this team refuses to do that then they might as well trade for a former first rounder (Top 10 pick before someone brings up Quinn) that is still young. That is if the price is right.

el borracho
05-12-2012, 05:23 AM

Romeostasis.

themanwithnoname
05-12-2012, 07:25 AM
LITERALLY, I would rather have Croyle or Thigpen as the teams starter.

And no, that's not saying I want that to happen either.

It's like choosing to die of aids or brain cancer.

This.

I doubt Quinn is #3.

I bet, it was made clear in his meeting with his former coaches that he would have a shot at the #1 spot (reality is, he will be #2).

He would have been the for sure #2 in Denver, but turned down more money to have a shot to compete for the #1 position and to be the #2 at worst, here.

People on this board tend to lose touch with reality...Stanzi was a 5th round pick. He is a career backup.

Homers flame-on!

I am almost certain that Quinn himself said that they told him he was brought in as the #2 guy and is not competing to start (although they've also said that they told "everybody" that they're competing for their spots so there's some inconsistency).

He was done in Denver. He threw the coaches/management under the bus when he went off on Tebow. Oh and then there's the part where they went with and then stuck with Tebow even when Elway

He was brought in so that we wouldn't be trotting Tyler Palko out there should Cassel go down and so they don't have to throw Stanzi out there either.

I think Stanzi is the 3rd stringer and even though, given current circumstances I'd want to trot him out there and let him sink or swim than Cassel or Quinn, I don't think he sniffs the field this year unless Pioli does it as a last ditch effort to appease fans to try and save his job (and to be honest, I don't think that's likely as I don't think Pioli is under that much pressure). I really don't know what the team thinks of Stanzi yet, I'm not sure if they even know and I think that's why they want to give him more time on the sidelines.

Where did you hear that?

I have a friend who is related to a Jets player, and who has also sat in on practice. He told me that Sanchez is a goofball that ****s off a lot.

When I went to the Denver-Jets game last year, every time Sanchez ****ed up his head dropped, and eventually he would sulk BEFORE the next offensive series.

No thanks to Sanchez. He is a mental-strength midget.

Yeah, I've gotten the impression (I believe Jets players have even said it, although maybe anonymously) he's anything but an alpha type of guy.

I would not take Sanchez over even Cassel and I'd take just about anyone over Cassel at this point.

Okie_Apparition
05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Three years of Haley crawling up his ass may have done Sanchez wonders
better than a chubby arm thrown around his shoulder & saying it's okay let go get a ****ing snack

boogblaster
05-12-2012, 09:40 AM
no .....

milkman
05-12-2012, 11:08 AM
This should be Mark Sanchez's final saeson to show whether he is ever going to get it.

Make or break, and if he breaks, then why would we want to trade for him?

If he makes it, the Jets will not be shopping him.