PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs RUMOR Dallas Clark a Chief RUMOR

thabear04
05-12-2012, 02:04 AM
The Kansas City Chiefs have been cautiously aggressive this offseason, adding depth at key positions through free agency and the draft.

Confirmed players to have signed with the Chiefs are right tackle Eric Winston, cornerback Stanford Routt, tight end Kevin Boss, and quarterback Brady Quinn to name a few. However, the team has been*very active in bringing in*other potential signees, headlined by former Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark.

What is interesting about Clark after having visited Kansas City, is that hisWikipedia page*now says that he is currently playing for the Chiefs.

With no news of a signing to be found, it is unknown when the information was updated or by whom.

If it does turn out to be true, Clark brings a championship caliber attitude to the Chiefs, having played his entire career as one of Peyton Manning’s primary go-to targets.

With Manning signing with the Denver Broncos this offseason,*it was speculated*that Clark may follow him to the Mile High City. With the Chiefs missing out in the Manning sweepstakes, how ironic would it be for Clark to suit up opposite his longtime mate twice a year?

Another question surrounding the team’s interest in Clark (having already signed Boss at tight as well) is whether or not they expect incumbent starter Tony Moeaki to be fully recovered from an ACL tear he suffered during the 2011 preseason.

Regardless, bringing in Boss and possibly Clark will guarantee a lot of double-tight end looks for the Chiefs this season, providing quarterback Matt Cassel with a lot of options.

Thig Lyfe
05-12-2012, 02:07 AM
"Cautiously Aggressive" would be a great team slogan!

Munson
05-12-2012, 02:16 AM
What is interesting about Clark after having visited Kansas City, is that hisWikipedia page*now says that he is currently playing for the Chiefs.

With no news of a signing to be found, it is unknown when the information was updated or by whom.

I wouldn't trust Wikipedia as a source for breaking news of any signings. I'll wait til a more trusted source announces it.

Quesadilla Joe
05-12-2012, 03:40 AM
If this is true this probably means something bad about Moeaki. :(

05-12-2012, 04:03 AM

Nah, it just means we need as many people as we can get within 10 yards of CAssel.

jd1020
05-12-2012, 05:10 AM
Fuckin wikipedia... Hang on, let me go fix that real quick...

blazzin311
05-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Well I just did a quick search to see if I could find any other outlets reporting it and I found this from last night.....granted I have no idea how legit any of it is at this point, but this article mentioned that they (whomever they are) expect to hear an official announcement sometime this morning or this afternoon. Take it for what its worth, which is probably a grain of salt at this point.

http://www.kansas-city-news.pro/2012/05/dallas-clark-signs-with-chiefs-kansas.html

Dallas Clark Signs With Chiefs - Kansas City News

"Although it has not been officially announced, different sources have reported that Dallas Clark has signed with the Chiefs. This move makes a lot of sense as one of Dallas Clark's best friends is Chiefs O Lineman Ryan Lilja. Clark and Lilja bonded when they played together in Indianapolis, where they won a Super Bowl together. Dallas Clark makes frequent trips to Kansas City anyway to visit Lilja, so it is probable that Ryan Lilja had a little pull in getting Dallas Clark on the Chiefs roster. We have had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with Dallas and his wife at recent parties and we find him to be very personable and down to earth.

After floating around in free agency for months, Dallas Clark was amazingly unsigned by anyone, even after his incredible career as a tight end. Clark comes to the Chiefs with 4887 career receiving yards and 46 touchdowns, more than any receiving member of the current team. It is not clear what Dallas Clark's role will be as the Chiefs already have two starting quality tight ends in Kevin Boss and Tony Moeaki, but adding another great leader to the team who happens to be wearing a Super Bowl ring sure can't hurt.

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking to beef up their running offense and their defense in the off season. Although Dallas Clark is known for more of a receiving tight end than a blocking tight end, the Chiefs focus will remain on the running game despite the signing of Dallas Clark. It makes sense for the Chiefs to have a lot of short out receiving options as starting quarterback Matt Cassel is notorious for his lack of long ball throwing ability. Since Cassel has difficulty getting the ball down the field on long passes, it makes sense to bring in players like Kevin Boss and Dallas Clark so that they can run successful short passing routes that Matt Cassel is more likely to complete. So, with that in mind, it looks like the Chiefs have a strong running attack with blocking that remains to be seen, a lot of short pass options, and a beefed up defense, who already played quite well last season.

We will expect an official announcement of Dallas Clark signing with The Kansas City Chiefs tomorrow morning. Many Chiefs season ticket holders have had their eye on Dallas Clark in the past two weeks and now it seems that the Chiefs management are going to make them happy - if only in the short term."

Dave Lane
05-12-2012, 07:40 AM
We should have Clark wear his Indianapolis Colts uniform and play cornerback against Peyton Manning I think he might get six or seven picks a game.

notorious
05-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Not really too excited.

ILChief
05-12-2012, 07:49 AM
http://youtu.be/kFBDn5PiL00

<a href="%3Ciframe%20width=" 420"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kFBDn5PiL00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="%3Ciframe%20width=" 420"="" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kFBDn5PiL00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kFBDn5PiL00" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

boogblaster
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
as long as he'll run the crossing-route .. sign him .....

Okie_Apparition
05-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Anything that would make Matt Cassel better
would also help make his replacement better
even if it's a HS back up

Urc Burry
05-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Didn't Clark mess up his hand do bad he can't fully close it?

RealSNR
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
LMAO

rageeumr
05-12-2012, 09:15 AM
I believe at one point yesterday Wikipedia said that Clark had signed with the Toronto Argonauts.

Coogs
05-12-2012, 09:36 AM
It makes sense for the Chiefs to have a lot of short out receiving options as starting quarterback Matt Cassel is notorious for his lack of long ball throwing ability. Since Cassel has difficulty getting the ball down the field on long passes, it makes sense to...

...start Ricky Stanzi.

DaFace
05-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure a Wikipedia edit even qualifies as a "rumor." That's just someone screwing around.

pr_capone
05-12-2012, 10:00 AM
if true...

/displeased

Bump
05-12-2012, 10:05 AM
fuck Dallas Clark, he's old and done. We signed Tim fucking Biere, he's gonna be a stud if we keep him.

BossChief
05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Whatever gets Jake Oconnel off the 53.

KCDC
05-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Right. He's better than Jake O'Connell.

Having said that, I think he would be brought in to camp to help provide a bit of veteran leadership and, more importantly, help the defense plan against Manning. It is not uncommon for a team to sign someone briefly to just help them scout an opponent.

He'll add "competition" at the TE position and, unless he outplays one of the other top three, he'll get cut before the season. So, it is hard to view this as a negative. If he is "done" like TJ, he'll be cut in August.

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2012, 10:35 AM
3 broken TE's = 1 healthy TE. /Pioli

Bump
05-12-2012, 10:38 AM

yeah, we were counting on Moeaki last year and had to play the whole damn year with Pope and Maneri. Painful....

gblowfish
05-12-2012, 10:40 AM
This is surely meant as a tactic to confuse Dwayne Bowe. If there's a guy around named "Dallas Clark" he's going to think the guy owns the team.

O.city
05-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I guess this means Clark didn't want to go to Denver? Obviously means Manning is hurt more than they are letting on. Atleast that's what it show me.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-12-2012, 12:26 PM
All the weapons in the world can't make Cassel look like a good QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Well, he was always ahead of some bum named Tamme on the depth chart all the time...

okcchief
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
I guess this means Clark didn't want to go to Denver? Obviously means Manning is hurt more than they are letting on. Atleast that's what it show me.

I think it's more likely Dallas Clark is done and Denver doesn't want him.

Okie_Apparition
05-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Almost used up white veterans
trendy

Messier
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Yes they can.

nychief
05-12-2012, 01:42 PM
wow. a blogger is citing wikipedia as a source. well obviously this is true... LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 01:48 PM
The thing is, Clark is a true champion.

He gathered all the vets last year in a back room and told them they were not going to go 0-16.

So even on a bad team, he absolutely hates losing, he absolutely refuses to lose.

That's a total Tony Gonzalez approach to the game, and I'm 100% on board if they bring him in.

Molitoth
05-12-2012, 02:08 PM
He's old and washed up. /cp

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

whoman69
05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
He's old and washed up. /cp

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He has had 71 receptions in the last 17 games played.

MIAdragon
05-12-2012, 02:25 PM

LMAO

lostcause
05-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I see Wikipedia has cut Clark from the chiefs.

Bump
05-12-2012, 02:45 PM
He has had 71 receptions in the last 17 games played.

yeah but he didn't do SHIT on my fantasy team last year. WASHED UP

In58men
05-12-2012, 02:49 PM
yeah but he didn't do SHIT on my fantasy team last year. WASHED UP

He also didn't have Manning, Manning loves TEs.

Boss and Clark will easily get us through the season if we need to replace to Moeaki. Tony isn't looking too good right now, injury prone.

We could take a QB in the 1st and a TE in the 2nd.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
meh ... if he can make the team then whatever

i just hope it doesn't indicate a slow recovery process by moeaki

whoman69
05-12-2012, 04:11 PM
meh ... if he can make the team then whatever

i just hope it doesn't indicate a slow recovery process by moeaki

I think its an indication that teams need 3 TEs. We didn't have any last year.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I think its an indication that teams need 3 TEs. We didn't have any last year.

ok ... but

moeaki - starter
Boss - backup
Maneri - OT/TE/Blocker

so we carrying 4 TE's this year?

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
ACLs are very, very difficult to come back from.

Due to Moe's injury history, it's possible we just slap him on IR for another straight season just to be sure. He's got a long career ahead of him, so let's handle him with kid gloves in a season we don't need him.

Clark, Boss, and Maneri is the perfect trio for this team for a season. Clark is your receiving threat with an ounce of blocking, Maneri is your bruiser with an ounce of receiving in him, and Boss can do both quite well, though neither quite as well as Moe.

Moeaki is a Pro Bowl talent when he's healthy. He's probably a Top 10 TE in blocking (even if you include blocking tight ends), and if he gets healthy and smooths out his route running, he's a Top 10 receiver, too.

milkman
05-12-2012, 05:06 PM
What the fuck has Maneri ever done to make anyone think he is going to amount to shit?

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM
What the fuck has Maneri ever done to make anyone think he is going to amount to shit?

He's a Chief.

Titty Meat
05-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Clark is washed up

Titty Meat
05-12-2012, 05:08 PM
What the **** has Maneri ever done to make anyone think he is going to amount to shit?

He injured Polamalu?

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
:evil: At least they are bringing in former starters and not signing a bunch of never been slapdick backups like some other squad

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Clark is washed up

Probably, but it doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look.

If he's not, he helps the team.

If he is, he gets cut.

Worth a shot, though I'm not expecting much - assuming this rumor actually pans out.

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 05:14 PM
What the **** has Maneri ever done to make anyone think he is going to amount to shit?

He looked really good as a right tackle prospect in New England.

Titty Meat
05-12-2012, 05:17 PM
He looked really good as a right tackle prospect in New England.

That's why we moved him to tight end?

Titty Meat
05-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Probably, but it doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look.

If he's not, he helps the team.

If he is, he gets cut.

Worth a shot, though I'm not expecting much - assuming this rumor actually pans out.

Oh i'm not against signing Clark I just don't have any expectations for him. Though he likely will have more catches than Moeaki.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm more interested in the previous rumor of Otogwe.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I understand that actual football concepts are hard to comprehend for some of you retards, but the success/failure of Maneri has very little to do with Dallas Clark.

Maneri is an extension of the OLine, he's going to block 99% of the time. We will only throw to him once or twice a game when the defense ignores him. Clark isn't an in-line blocker guy and if Maneri fails we will still have to go get another extra blocker.

If we sign Clark, he will be competition of the other receiving type TE's or it means well will carry an extra one.

Canofbier
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
ERMEGERD GUYS HE'S LOOKING FOR A HOUSE IN LEAWOOD!!!1

http://i.imgur.com/bhGpo.jpg

milkman
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I understand that actual football concepts are hard to comprehend for some of you retards, but the success/failure of Maneri has very little to do with Dallas Clark.

Maneri is an extension of the OLine, he's going to block 99% of the time. We will only throw to him once or twice a game when the defense ignores him. Clark isn't an in-line blocker guy and if Maneri fails we will still have to go get another extra blocker.

If we sign Clark, he will be competition of the other receiving type TE's or it means well will carry an extra one.

Maneri is a waiver wire pick up from the Patriots.

He hasn't shown that he's a blocker or a receiver.

He hasn't done a damn thing as either to think he's worth a damn as either.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with football concepts, you useless fucking prick.

mikey23545
05-12-2012, 05:41 PM

I thought the same thing about Manning when the Colts ditched him and drafted Luck...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Pasta Little Brioni
05-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I thought the same thing about Manning when the Colts ditched him and drafted Luck...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ole gray mare just ain't what he used to be...New theme song out in Pile High.

Coogs
05-12-2012, 06:35 PM
He also didn't have Manning, Manning loves TEs.

This was in the Stanzi thread, in a post that was meant to bash on Stanzi. The quote is from Rob Rang.

He's kind of a game manager and ball control type of quarterback. He's a little like Colin Kaepernick in that he doesn't have the strongest arm on the deep ball. He is very accurate in the middle of the field and with the tight end down the seam.

http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Iowas-Ricky-Stanzi-is-likely-to-be-middle-round-pick-in-draft-19226

keg in kc
05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Wikipedia as a source is almost as bad as pft.

BossChief
05-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Because he is like 280 pounds and doesn't have the footwork or other tools to play on the left side.

In his limited time, he showed the ability to be a good edge sealer, even though we didn't have anyone with the speed to capitalize on it. I think he could be a "Jason Dunn" type role player for us because the kid can block and move similarly to Jason.

I think us talking to Clark was more of a "we might need to give you a call, so stay ready" in case we continue to have injury issues with our tight ends. Especially with Tony Moe.

Easy 6
05-13-2012, 12:01 AM

good Lord, you're inconsolable, the constant drumbeat of doom.

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Uh, I looked him up (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dallas_Clark) and his page says nothing of the sort.

Direckshun
05-13-2012, 08:10 AM

We moved him to tight end because he was dramatically undersized, and plenty athletic.

Direckshun
05-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Maneri is a waiver wire pick up from the Patriots.

He hasn't shown that he's a blocker or a receiver.

He hasn't done a damn thing as either to think he's worth a damn as either.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with football concepts, you useless ****ing prick.

He looked really good blocking in New England as a right tackle. Patriots fans lamented us grabbing him off waivers.

He is super athletic but just wasn't big enough to make the tackle thing work. He was putting on weight continuously and just couldn't get himself up to size.

So we've decided to let him play at his natural weight, doing pretty much the same thing, at a position that better capitalizes on his athleticism.

I don't know why I'm being ignored on the subject over and over again. Maneri is a player.

OnTheWarpath15
05-13-2012, 08:23 AM
good Lord, you're inconsolable, the constant drumbeat of doom.

Good lord, you're incapable of seeing the truth.

What did I say that is incorrect?

Signing Clark would give us a 3rd TE that is injury prone.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If you read the tread, you'd see I'm perfectly fine with picking him up. We need someone, because it's unlikely both Moeaki and Boss make it through an entire season.

Okie_Apparition
05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Peter King of Sports Illustrated thinks tight end Dallas Clark very well could end up in Kansas City. If he’s healthy (big question), he's worthwhile as a backup.

Bill Williamson ESPN

Hammock Parties
05-14-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't know why I'm being ignored on the subject over and over again. Maneri is a player.

:spock:

He's a backup, and a pretty worthless one at that.

It's nice that he got laid out on MNF by Troy Polamalu, though. Haley sure featured him for two whole series as a sneak TE.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Maneri is a player?

Based on fucking what?

Direckshun
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM

He's a backup, and a pretty worthless one at that.

His worth is high as a blocker.

Which is the fucking point.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2012, 08:23 PM

Which is the fucking point.

So he's what, the third blocking tight end? WOO

Hammock Parties
05-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Steve Maneri flashed like Jalil Brown I bet.

Dayze
05-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Probably brought him in for a look to see if he can show Moeaki the ropes around the rehab room

BryanBusby
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Bob Sanders would be better for that role.

TRR
05-14-2012, 08:43 PM
He looked really good blocking in New England as a right tackle. Patriots fans lamented us grabbing him off waivers.

He is super athletic but just wasn't big enough to make the tackle thing work. He was putting on weight continuously and just couldn't get himself up to size.

So we've decided to let him play at his natural weight, doing pretty much the same thing, at a position that better capitalizes on his athleticism.

Your being ignored on the subject because Maneri will be hard pressed to make the roster, and is nothing more than a 3rd string TE/RT. He is insignificant....
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
05-14-2012, 09:21 PM
So he's what, the third blocking tight end? WOO

Name the first two.

Direckshun
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Your being ignored on the subject because Maneri will be hard pressed to make the roster, and is nothing more than a 3rd string TE/RT. He is insignificant....
Posted via Mobile Device

Every team brings on a blocking tight end.

Okie_Apparition
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Must sign him
or Colquitt is the old man

Hammock Parties
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM

Name the first two.

Moeaki and Boss.

Maneri's only going to be on the field in goal-line, short-yardage packages.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2012, 09:33 PM

Which is the ****ing point.

Kevin Boss is a better blocker than Steve Maneri.

The Bad Guy
05-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Moeaki and Boss.

I'll bet he's not even making the team.

Direckshun
Moeaki and Boss.

In other words, he'll be a blocking tight end.

Tight ends that block aren't necessarily blocking tight ends.

But I'm pretty sure you're trolling now, so no worries.

Strongside
Kevin Boss is a better blocker than Steve Maneri.

Trent Green was a better blocker than Barry Richardson.

Direckshun
05-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I'll bet he's not even making the team.

If he makes the team, you have to put Maneri's Biggest Fan in your signature.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2012, 09:40 PM

What difference does it make?

The guy who's only on the field in big packages isn't exactly vital.

milkman
05-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Tony Moeaki, as a rookie, was one of the best blocking TEs in the league, and Kevin Boss has been one of the better blocking TEs since he came into the league.

They are both blocking TEs.

BossChief
05-14-2012, 10:24 PM
This regime values versatility over some other attributes.

Maneri gives the team a backup tackle, a huge blocking tight end that can move and a guy that can contribute on special teams.

Contacting Clark is probably a move to open lines of communication to stay ready and we might call if "x" happens (x = injury)

RealSNR
05-14-2012, 11:09 PM
It's okay, Direckshun. You're fighting the same war that I have to fight every single offseason regarding Terrance Copper.

"He'll be lucky to even make the roster!"

"What purpose does he even fulfill?"

"God I'm so sick of him."

"[Random UDFA camp fodder piece of shit who scored a TD in preseason play] is soooo much better! He's younger and he has more career potential than this veteran hack! Why don't we keep him and cut Maneri/Copper?"

It's happening already, and it's only going to get worse the closer we get to the preseason games. Then guess what? Your guy who clearly does his job better than all those garbage scrubs that nobody wants winds up sticking around on the roster. Then you have a few days of laughing and gloating while the bruised labias cry their eyes out about Verran Tucker or Jeremy Horne or Ashley Lelie not making the roster over your guy. Yes, I'm absolutely serious. I'm not fucking joking. All this shit started with Ashely fucking Lelie, the most worthless player to ever play in the NFL.

And then the season starts up and everybody goes back to ignoring your player and everything he does for the team.

I got fed up with being the sole voice of truth for awhile. But now I treat it like a game. A game that I'm particularly good at, and a game that I win every fucking season. Because I'm right, that's why.

And you're also right, Direckshun. And you know you are. That's all that matters. Your time will come when you can officially invite everybody to suck your balls. Cherish those moments. They only come once a year.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
hey carl sign welkah

King_Chief_Fan
05-15-2012, 06:30 AM

keep hollering and crying about it....someone will notice and you won't be ignored....for now, I am laughing at you. Your tantrum sounds pathetic.

Chiefnj2
05-15-2012, 06:56 AM
I can't believe people get worked up over Maneri and Copper. Neither of those guys are the difference between making a playoff game or not.

RealSNR
05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
I can't believe people get worked up over Maneri and Copper. Neither of those guys are the difference between making a playoff game or not.Nuh-uh. Go back three spaces, asshole. We're not playing this game.

It STARTS with people having their periods over veterans who fill special teams and sub-package roles. I have no fucking clue why. Those are spots on the roster that need to get filled by somebody. All anybody can ever seem to talk about is which rookie free agent piece of garbage is going to take away those spots from those veterans.

That's where people like me come in. I say the bitchy period-havers are wrong, and that Copper will take one of those spots. What happens afterward is beyond my control. People act like fucking animals about this shit. I can't do anything but hold my ground and wait it out until I'm proven right.

So don't give me this horseshit "Y U TALK ABOUT MANERI AND COPPER?" Why do it? Because it's the truth. They're both going to make this fucking team, and if this team's ever going to win a Super Bowl it's because they had guys like those two doing their jobs. That, and this is only a fucking 24/7 Chiefs forum. It doesn't take very long before the major topics are probed and discussed. What's leftover? The shitty veteran free agents who play special teams threads.

Would you rather we start another Ricky Stanzi thread? Because we can sure fucking do that, buster brown. I'll start one so fast your dick will fall off.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-15-2012, 07:46 AM
They are too used to having all recieving threats in thier Madden 'chises. No one can stop thier 5 wideout sets with all 90 overall recievers and thier custom create a player QB.

ChiefGator
05-15-2012, 08:16 AM
This thread is losing its burst. Here.. let me get it back on track.

Cassell sucks!

Okie_Apparition
05-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Guess I'll not spam this thread with low-T supplement ads
then

Iowanian
05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
I know it would make sense for personal reasons for him to be in kc. I know he has friends and likes to spend time for recreation in my area, with other nfl and former nfl players.

Bowser
05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Nuh-uh. Go back three spaces, asshole. We're not playing this game.

It STARTS with people having their periods over veterans who fill special teams and sub-package roles. I have no fucking clue why. Those are spots on the roster that need to get filled by somebody. All anybody can ever seem to talk about is which rookie free agent piece of garbage is going to take away those spots from those veterans.

That's where people like me come in. I say the bitchy period-havers are wrong, and that Copper will take one of those spots. What happens afterward is beyond my control. People act like fucking animals about this shit. I can't do anything but hold my ground and wait it out until I'm proven right.

So don't give me this horseshit "Y U TALK ABOUT MANERI AND COPPER?" Why do it? Because it's the truth. They're both going to make this fucking team, and if this team's ever going to win a Super Bowl it's because they had guys like those two doing their jobs. That, and this is only a fucking 24/7 Chiefs forum. It doesn't take very long before the major topics are probed and discussed. What's leftover? The shitty veteran free agents who play special teams threads.

Would you rather we start another Ricky Stanzi thread? Because we can sure fucking do that, buster brown. I'll start one so fast your dick will fall off.

tl;dr

Basically our team sucks, correct?

RealSNR
05-15-2012, 11:22 AM
tl;dr

Basically our team sucks, correct?Summary: We need more Ricky Stanzi threads.

Direckshun
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
What difference does it make?

The guy who's only on the field in big packages isn't exactly vital.

It doesn't make a huge difference. I'm just disputing the idea that "nobody knows shit about Maneri," which seemed to be milkman's overriding theme.

Direckshun
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Tony Moeaki, as a rookie, was one of the best blocking TEs in the league, and Kevin Boss has been one of the better blocking TEs since he came into the league.

They are both blocking TEs.

Agreed.

They are both TEs that block.

But they are not blocking tight ends. Maneri definitely is.

Direckshun
05-15-2012, 11:28 AM
This regime values versatility over some other attributes.

Maneri gives the team a backup tackle, a huge blocking tight end that can move and a guy that can contribute on special teams.

Contacting Clark is probably a move to open lines of communication to stay ready and we might call if "x" happens (x = injury)

Meh... I don't know. I think "x" will be if we think we have a roster spot for him.

Cassel needs receivers with big receiving radiuses (radii?), and having a three headed monster of Moeaki, Boss, and Clark, along with long-armed receivers like Bowe and Baldwin, could be a big benefit for him.

Plus Charles and Hillis out of the backfield. Plus Breaston and Wylie in the slot.

GODDAMN IT WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A QUARTERBACK

Direckshun
05-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Maneri is #87 by the way. Keep your eyes on him all preseason.

Direckshun
05-15-2012, 11:30 AM
It's okay, Direckshun. You're fighting the same war that I have to fight every single offseason regarding Terrance Copper.

"He'll be lucky to even make the roster!"

"What purpose does he even fulfill?"

"God I'm so sick of him."

"[Random UDFA camp fodder piece of shit who scored a TD in preseason play] is soooo much better! He's younger and he has more career potential than this veteran hack! Why don't we keep him and cut Maneri/Copper?"

It's happening already, and it's only going to get worse the closer we get to the preseason games. Then guess what? Your guy who clearly does his job better than all those garbage scrubs that nobody wants winds up sticking around on the roster. Then you have a few days of laughing and gloating while the bruised labias cry their eyes out about Verran Tucker or Jeremy Horne or Ashley Lelie not making the roster over your guy. Yes, I'm absolutely serious. I'm not ****ing joking. All this shit started with Ashely ****ing Lelie, the most worthless player to ever play in the NFL.

And then the season starts up and everybody goes back to ignoring your player and everything he does for the team.

I got fed up with being the sole voice of truth for awhile. But now I treat it like a game. A game that I'm particularly good at, and a game that I win every ****ing season. Because I'm right, that's why.

And you're also right, Direckshun. And you know you are. That's all that matters. Your time will come when you can officially invite everybody to suck your balls. Cherish those moments. They only come once a year.

Nuh-uh. Go back three spaces, asshole. We're not playing this game.

It STARTS with people having their periods over veterans who fill special teams and sub-package roles. I have no ****ing clue why. Those are spots on the roster that need to get filled by somebody. All anybody can ever seem to talk about is which rookie free agent piece of garbage is going to take away those spots from those veterans.

That's where people like me come in. I say the bitchy period-havers are wrong, and that Copper will take one of those spots. What happens afterward is beyond my control. People act like ****ing animals about this shit. I can't do anything but hold my ground and wait it out until I'm proven right.

So don't give me this horseshit "Y U TALK ABOUT MANERI AND COPPER?" Why do it? Because it's the truth. They're both going to make this ****ing team, and if this team's ever going to win a Super Bowl it's because they had guys like those two doing their jobs. That, and this is only a ****ing 24/7 Chiefs forum. It doesn't take very long before the major topics are probed and discussed. What's leftover? The shitty veteran free agents who play special teams threads.

Would you rather we start another Ricky Stanzi thread? Because we can sure ****ing do that, buster brown. I'll start one so fast your dick will fall off.

SNR for President.

Thig Lyfe
05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
penz interviews steve marinara

RealSNR
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
SNR for President.
http://www.opus-photography.net/animatedgifs/RodgersSmug.gif

In58men
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Whale Dung

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2012, 03:41 PM
If Tony Gonzales, Dallas Clark, and Jerry Rice had a clone baby that was fully matured, seasoned and playing for the Chiefs, we would still have Matt Cassel and the point would be mute.

Mr. Laz
08-11-2012, 12:36 PM
What the fuck has Maneri ever done to make anyone think he is going to amount to shit?I'll bet he's not even making the team.

:thumb:

KChiefs1
08-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Maneri is #87 by the way. Keep your eyes on him all preseason.

Chiefs have their three TE's: Moeaki, Boss & Maneri

milkman
08-11-2012, 12:56 PM
:thumb:

Was my question off base?

Had Maneiri ever done anything before to warrant any belief that he was anything more than a camp body?

He had a good showing in one preseason game.

Until then, he had done absolutely nothing.

Titty Meat
08-11-2012, 12:58 PM
People have put way too much stock into 1 pre season game.

Bump
08-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Had Maneiri ever done anything before to warrant any belief that he was anything more than a camp body?

he's right. He never did anything to excite us before. But he has to be very determined and committed to the TE position, he looked really good and he's lost all of that weight. Color me impressed and surprised!

kysirsoze
08-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Just a GREAT bump.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Laz is the biggest homer,everyone is all-pro.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2012, 01:04 PM
People have put way too much stock into 1 pre season game.

You're just scared Crennel might be a lot better than you thought. :)

milkman
08-11-2012, 01:04 PM

Laz and I don't see eye to eye on a lot.....I mean a shit ton....of things.

But if you read his posts coming away believing he's a homer, you need to find a reading comprehension tudor.

Rain Man
08-11-2012, 01:05 PM

I asked Troy Polamalu this very question about Steve Maneri, and he doesn't remember anything that Maneri ever did in a game.

Baby Lee
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM

But if you read his posts coming away believing he's a homer, you need to find a reading comprehension tudor.

Good luck, they've kept a low profile since Elizabeth I died.

Bowser
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I asked Troy Polamalu this very question about Steve Maneri, and he doesn't remember anything that Maneri ever did in a game.

Are you sure it was Polamalu you were talking to, and not a dirty mop in a Steelers uniform?

Coogs
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM

I'm not well versed in Maneri's resume, but I believe they said last night that he had been moved to the OT position for the past 3 seasons, and only recently moved back to the TE position.

If this had already been discussed previously, and I am the only one here who was not aware of that, then disregard this post.

JoeyChuckles
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Good luck, they've kept a low profile since Elizabeth I died.

Period joke.

KChiefs1
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
he's right. He never did anything to excite us before. But he has to be very determined and committed to the TE position, he looked really good and he's lost all of that weight. Color me impressed and surprised!

I'll definitely be watching him a lot closer because he looked great last night.

Titty Meat
08-11-2012, 01:34 PM
You're just scared Crennel might be a lot better than you thought. :)

He very well could be I was impressed how prepared the team looked. Never saw a Haley team that prepared.

You can call this an elite team IF:

Cassel can look past his primary read.

The play at nose tackle is consistent.

We already know the O-line is good, The WR's are good, The Depth at running back is outstanding, Linebackers are good, and the Secondary is a top 10 secondary.

Brock
08-11-2012, 01:36 PM

lolwat

milkman
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm not well versed in Maneri's resume, but I believe they said last night that he had been moved to the OT position for the past 3 seasons, and only recently moved back to the TE position.

If this had already been discussed previously, and I am the only one here who was not aware of that, then disregard this post.

That's part of the story though.

If he had shown anything as a TE before, why would he have been asked to put on weight and attempt to convert tackle.

You just don't do that with a guy that showed any kind of potential at his original position.

lcarus
08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
He very well could be I was impressed how prepared the team looked. Never saw a Haley team that prepared.

You can call this an elite team IF:

Cassel can look past his primary read.

The play at nose tackle is consistent.

We already know the O-line is good, The WR's are good, The Depth at running back is outstanding, Linebackers are good, and the Secondary is a top 10 secondary.

Nose tackle looks ok from what I saw. Between Toribio, Poe and Powe, we should always have a fresh body in there. Im excited for our LBs this year. Lots of opportunity if our line plays as well as I expect.

Coogs
08-11-2012, 01:44 PM

If he had shown anything as a TE before, why would he have been asked to put on weight and attempt to convert tackle.

You just don't do that with a guy that showed any kind of potential at his original position.

I'm kind of trying to recall from last night (drank a couple of brews during the game, so this may not be correct), but I believe that they said he was an excellent blocking TE, and with his athleticism thought that he could be more valuable to a team as an OT than a TE. That proved to be wrong, so they moved him back out.

Now as far as the hands part and being able to catch... and run routes too for that matter... I have no idea.

InChiefsHeaven
08-11-2012, 01:53 PM

How can a house with a steeply pitched roof help with comprehension?o:-)

milkman
08-11-2012, 01:59 PM
How can a house with a steeply pitched roof help with comprehension?o:-)

Hitting your head in the fall.

KChiefs1
08-11-2012, 03:06 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/474/028/6317128_display_image.jpg?1344061614
It’s not often you see an offensive tackle go out on a swing pass out in the flat. It’s not every day that he actually catches it and takes Troy Polamalu out of the game at the same time.

Steve Maneri wasn’t a factor, outside of that one freak play, as an offensive tackle in 2011. He wasn’t given much of a chance to contribute in 2012 when the team announced he was switching from tackle to tight end, either.

Apparently, nobody told Maneri.

The former Temple Owl has shown that he can run and catch like a tight end at nearly offensive tackle size. That makes for an extremely interesting player to watch as camp progresses, and he has already attracted a fair amount of praise for his performance thus far.

He has elevated himself from a camp body to a very capable and valuable third tight end in a matter of weeks. That, in itself, is pretty extraordinary.

mcaj22
08-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm kind of trying to recall from last night (drank a couple of brews during the game, so this may not be correct), but I believe that they said he was an excellent blocking TE, and with his athleticism thought that he could be more valuable to a team as an OT than a TE. That proved to be wrong, so they moved him back out.

Now as far as the hands part and being able to catch... and run routes too for that matter... I have no idea.

i thought that this was common knowledge about Maneri

this is what he did at Temple, it was the Patriots that were stacked at TE that thought it would be a good idea to keep him as a project and develop him as a blocking RT.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TLafg136lpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coogs
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
i thought that this was common knowledge about Maneri

this is what he did at Temple, it was the Patriots that were stacked at TE that thought it would be a good idea to keep him as a project and develop him as a blocking RT.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TLafg136lpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It may be common knowledge for nearly eveyone. Just not me. I don't follow the Patriots, Texans, or Cowboys, and missed all the write up on him when we aquired him. Little late to the party again. :shrug:

mcaj22
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
It may be common knowledge for nearly eveyone. Just not me. I don't follow the Patriots, Texans, or Cowboys, and missed all the write up on him when we aquired him. Little late to the party again. :shrug:

i think they just converted him to TE this offseason. I am pretty sure the Haley squad actually used him at swing tackle last season.

I think he was the only swing tackle left on the team when we cut that bozo Jared Gaither too lol