PDA

View Full Version : Small shit nobody cares about.

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 04:21 PM
But seeing how this forum has evolved into being for the more serious football fans:

Atlanta Falcons (0-0) at Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)
Line: Falcons by 1. Total: 42.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Preseason): Chiefs -1.
Walt's Projected Line (After Preseason ): .
Sunday, Sept. 9, 1:00 ET
Discuss Week 1 Games, Talk Trash

The Game. Edge: .

Week 1 NFL Pick Preview: This is probably going to be my September NFL Pick of the Month. If you've been following this Web site for a while, you know whom I'm going with and why.

The Psychology. Edge: Chiefs.
The Falcons have the Broncos, Chargers and Panthers after this battle against the Chiefs, who weren't any good last year. They may not be 100-percent focused.

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Walt's been pimping the Chiefs all offseason, FYI.

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I really like the matchup against the Falcons next year. Should the Falcons remain healthy, it will give us the perfect preview to our 2012 season.

You've got a Tier B quarterback with a Tier A receiving tandem, and a between-the-tackles run game. It will be the perfect test for both faucets of our defense.

Can the Chiefs limit the passing attack? Can we stuff Michael Turner?

BossChief
05-12-2012, 04:51 PM
If we score more than 20 points against Atlanta, we will win.

We will lose if Cassel is the quarterback...too many early 3 and outs that will give them too much of a field position advantage. Once a team has a score or two up on us, Cassel isn't gonna throw well enough to get us back in any games. This team is built to play with the lead, not the other way around.

Same as the start of last year.

Direckshun
05-12-2012, 04:54 PM
If we score more than 20 points against Atlanta, we will win.

We will lose if Cassel is the quarterback...too many early 3 and outs that will give them too much of a field position advantage. Once a team has a score or two up on us, Cassel isn't gonna throw well enough to get us back in any games. This team is built to play with the lead, not the other way around.

Same as the start of last year.

Why does Cassel struggle so much early in games?

KurtCobain
05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I think we lose it, but I think it'll be.close. Probably the best week 1 matchup by a mile.

Chief Roundup
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I really like the matchup against the Falcons next year. Should the Falcons remain healthy, it will give us the perfect preview to our 2012 season.

You've got a Tier B quarterback with a Tier A receiving tandem, and a between-the-tackles run game. It will be the perfect test for both faucets of our defense.

Can the Chiefs limit the passing attack? Can we stuff Michael Turner?

It really depends on which team is more prepared.

BossChief
05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Why does Cassel struggle so much early in games?

Because he sucks and doesn't have the physical tools to improve.

Teams have lots of film on him and know the limited amount of things he can do effectively and how to take them away and force him to do something else to try and win.

It's why he was so bad last year and why I see him getting pulled prior to the bye week this year.

Hopefully, for Stanzi.

Saccopoo
05-12-2012, 10:40 PM
He has the physical tools. Cassel is pretty athletic for his size. He's just not a starting NFL caliber quarterback. He doesn't have the instincts for it at this level. He hasn't gone through his progressions well to this point and doesn't throw the ball with very good timing. As well, his pocket presence/feel for the defense and what his lineman are doing hasn't been good.

Cassel is a hell of a lot more athletic than guys like Manning, Brady and Brees. He just doesn't have their instincts, which is what truly separates guys at this level.

BossChief
05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
He doesn't have the physical tools.

Have you seen him try to throw passes over 15 yards?

Saccopoo
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM

Jesus...I'll have to think about that one. 15 yards you say? Hmmm....

milkman
05-13-2012, 03:33 AM

Drew Brees has about the same arm strength that Cassel has.

It was the reason that I didn't like him coming out of college.

But he makes up for it with outstanding vision, making quick progressions, good decisions and great anticipation.

His intermediate and deep balls are accurate because of those attributes, and those are mental aspects of the position.

A guy like Brett Favre, who was really not good at making quick reads and good decisions got away with it because of his strong arm.

Ben Roethlisberger gets away with it because of his size and strength, along with his arm.

Cassel lacks the mental tools to succeed.

Direckshun
05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Cassel can zing a 20 yarder. He's big enough and strong enough, and we've seen him frozen-rope it to Bowe for a touchdown when Bowe was wide open.

The problem is that. The receiver has to be wide open. Cassel simply refuses to challenge corners when they have their guy covered. If there's any coverage whatsoever, Cassel looks elsewhere.

That's why he takes so many sacks. He's constantly looking for guys who are wide fucking open, and doesn't see a lot of them when they are. And, of course, he never throws the ball away, ever.

whoman69
05-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Jesus...I'll have to think about that one. 15 yards you say? Hmmm....

It looks like a kid in the punt, pass and kick contest

Saccopoo
05-13-2012, 11:04 AM
It looks like a kid in the punt, pass and kick contest

I think you are being a tad bit gracious. Unless you mean the punt part.

Bowser
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
It's going to be games like this that make me wish that we would have just ponied up for Carr. Having Carr, Flowers, and Routt against teams that spread the field with weapons would have been huge.

Yeah, yeah, I know that's a ton of money we would have dumped into one position. I don't care. The NFL has evolved to where you need three good to great corners on your team as much, if not more, than having the run stuffing D tackle. Would have been nice.

Bowser
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
And yes, Cassel still sucks.

Sac actually nailed it by saying his instincts just aren't what you want out of your starting QB.

BossChief
05-13-2012, 01:29 PM
While there isn't a doubt that Cassel lacks the mental part of the game to succeed, his physical limitations also hinder him.

Can he throw a 30 yard pass with zip?

Yeah, when he has a perfect pocket to step up in and a wide open receiver to throw to...then his 2 second throwing motion starts because his arm isn't strong enough to throw without a huge, time consuming windup.

whoman69
05-13-2012, 02:08 PM
I think you are being a tad bit gracious. Unless you mean the punt part.

I meant the part about needing a ten yard cushion to chuck the ball as far as he can.

Saccopoo
05-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I meant the part about needing a ten yard cushion to chuck the ball as far as he can.

That works.

I was locked into the visual aspect of his passes.

Simply Red
05-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Drew Brees has about the same arm strength that Cassel has.

It was the reason that I didn't like him coming out of college.

But he makes up for it with outstanding vision, making quick progressions, good decisions and great anticipation.

His intermediate and deep balls are accurate because of those attributes, and those are mental aspects of the position.

A guy like Brett Favre, who was really not good at making quick reads and good decisions got away with it because of his strong arm.

Ben Roethlisberger gets away with it because of his size and strength, along with his arm.

Cassel lacks the mental tools to succeed.

This was an outstanding football post.