PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Anyone have Kumho tires on their ride?

OnTheWarpath15
05-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Looking to replace the shitty Continental's that came stock on my VW CC. I keep coming back to Kumho's Ecsta 4X. Seem to get phenomenal reviews, and the price is right.

Any of you Audi, BMW, or other sport-coupe/performance sedan owners have these on your ride?

If so, thoughts?

loochy
05-12-2012, 05:15 PM
I had Ecsta LX Platinums on my Saab. I recently changed them out for some General G-Max because somehow my alignment got out of whack and destroyed the tread.

The treadlife was pretty good and after 25000 miles there was plenty of tread left. They were pretty quiet at first but they got a little noisy after the top layer wore down. The grip was OK, but I don't track my car or anything so I really wouldn't notice a difference anyway.

They were a good option for what I paid for them.

Kidd Lex
05-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Bridgestone Serenity's...Best Tire on the Planet

Donger
05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I just put Goodyear Eagle GTs on my VW. The difference is amazing compared to the OEM tires.

qabbaan
05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Not the same type of tire, but I bought a set of Kumhos for my Tundra. I thought they were very nice. The brand seems to make quality stuff.

SAUTO
05-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I sell quote a few kumhos. every one has been pleased.

Actually have a friend I sold some ecsta 4x to a couple of Weeks ago. no complaints and he is a bitcher.

He even hates Pioli too... Wait a minute...
j/k lol
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
05-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I took four of hits of ecstasy and ended up with ho's cum on my "tires". Does that count?

chasedude
05-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Not the same type of tire, but I bought a set of Kumhos for my Tundra. I thought they were very nice. The brand seems to make quality stuff.

Same here. Put some Kuhmo's on my light truck couple years ago and have 30k on them with tread still left.

chasedude
05-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I took four of hits of ecstasy and ended up with ho's cum on my "tires". Does that count?

I thought it's what a pimp says "kum hos"

Bugeater
05-12-2012, 06:03 PM
The wife's car had them when we bought it. They were crappy and worn out. We replaced them with Firestones. Hope that helps.

Okie_Apparition
05-12-2012, 06:04 PM
OJ had them on his white Bronco

listopencil
05-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought it's what a pimp says "kum hos"

Maybe the tires bring the ho's to your ride?

listopencil
05-12-2012, 06:06 PM
The wife's car had them when we bought it. They were crappy and worn out. We replaced them with Firestones. Hope that helps.

You should get a milkshake. I've heard that it brings all the boys to the yard.

qabbaan
05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Same here. Put some Kuhmo's on my light truck couple years ago and have 30k on them with tread still left.

The tread life seemed to be good but I was most impressed with the winter performance on those. Worlds better than the stock tires.

Bwana
05-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I just put Goodyear Eagle GTs on my VW. The difference is amazing compared to the OEM tires.

You drive a VW and you call me gay? ROFL

Donger
05-12-2012, 06:16 PM
You drive a VW and you call me gay? ROFL

I just didn't know that you were gay. It doesn't change the fact that I like you (no-homo).

It's GTI with the turbo engine-thing if that helps. And it's red. And it's a 2002 with 35,000 miles on it. And I put synthetic oil in it.

Bwana
05-12-2012, 06:21 PM
I just didn't know that you were gay. It doesn't change the fact that I like you (no-homo).

It's GTI with the turbo engine-thing if that helps. And it's red. And it's a 2002 with 35,000 miles on it. And I put synthetic oil in it.

No dude, that still has Richard Simmons written all over it. But hey, to each their own, Gaylord. :)

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Pirelli

Bugeater
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM
You should get a milkshake. I've heard that it brings all the boys to the yard.:spock:

asdf
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
I have them, have about 12000 miles on them so far - best tire I've ever had overall. If I had to nitpick, they are a little hard/harsh over potholes and rough surfaces, but they have great grip dry/wet and are very quiet. Decent in snow. Seem to be wearing as good as any other tire I've tried. I will definitely buy again.

MIAdragon
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
:spock:

yea, that was fucking awful, his daughter should slap him for that.

loochy
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Pirelli

the Pirelli P6 that were stock on my care were AWFUL...they had bad grip, short tread life, and they were dreadfully noisy.

BigMeatballDave
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
the Pirelli P6 that were stock on my care were AWFUL...they had bad grip, short tread life, and they were dreadfully noisy.

Really? My 05 Five Hundred has them. Got the car at 60,000, now has 102,000. Over 40,000 miles and 4 trips to Florida. Nice ride at 85mph :)

Frosty
05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
I put Kumho KR21s on my son's Prizm. They are okay and the price was good. The gas mileage dropped a little and they are a bit noisy. They also suck in snow but we already had a set of Cooper snow tires so that didn't matter.

TrebMaxx
05-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I have run flat Continental's on my BMW and I have no complaints with them. The ride is nice and the wear so far seems to be normal.

Saccopoo
05-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Looking to replace the shitty Continental's that came stock on my VW CC. I keep coming back to Kumho's Ecsta 4X. Seem to get phenomenal reviews, and the price is right.

Any of you Audi, BMW, or other sport-coupe/performance sedan owners have these on your ride?

If so, thoughts?

My thoughts would be that the Conti's on your car are a metric shit ton better than some dog shit Korean treads that are designed by simply copying the tread pattern of a better manufactured brand.

They are priced right because they are engineered like crap and made with lesser materials than the top level tires.

corn fed chief
05-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Hankook Ventus V12 on my G37. They've been great tires and the price is fair.

OnTheWarpath15
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
My thoughts would be that the Conti's on your car are a metric shit ton better than some dog shit Korean treads that are designed by simply copying the tread pattern of a better manufactured brand.

They are priced right because they are engineered like crap and made with lesser materials than the top level tires.

Yeah, you would think that. Google "Continental tire problems volkswagen". It's pretty common that they turn to shit quick apparently.

OnTheWarpath15
05-13-2012, 07:40 AM
And thank you to those of you that offered legitimate input. Much appreciated.

OnTheWarpath15
05-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I sell quote a few kumhos. every one has been pleased.

Actually have a friend I sold some ecsta 4x to a couple of Weeks ago. no complaints and he is a bitcher.

He even hates Pioli too... Wait a minute...
j/k lol
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

I was hoping you'd find this thread. Thanks for your input.

andoman
05-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Had a 96 Accord that I put Kumho 732s on it at 74K. They were 50K mile tires at $60/ea. Ride was good, traction was good, wear was good (I rotate every 5K). I replaced them at 124K just before they hit the wear indicators. Next set were Uniroyal 90T TP at $65/ea that I think were 70K tires. No complaints, replaced them at 197K. Put Kumhos on my Jeep Wrangler and honestly, a little disappointed in the road noise compared to the Goodyears that were on it, but its a Jeep, right? Only have 20K on them, so too early to judge life.

SAUTO
05-13-2012, 09:10 AM
I would bet the kumhos on the Jeep are a little more aggressive than the goodyears that were previously on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kerberos
05-13-2012, 09:10 AM

If so, thoughts?

Had some Kumho tires on a vehicle once and I can honestly say they are NOT the Michelin's I have on the wifes Trailblazer but the were not the worst tires I've ever owned.

I take it you are looking for a lowprofile tire for larger rims?? Can't help there but I can say that if the reviews are good and the price is right then pull the trigger.

SAUTO
05-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Generally no other tire is a Michelin... But they are probably half price too. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Had some Kumho tires on a vehicle once and I can honestly say they are NOT the Michelin's I have on the wifes Trailblazer but the were not the worst tires I've ever owned.

I take it you are looking for a lowprofile tire for larger rims?? Can't help there but I can say that if the reviews are good and the price is right then pull the trigger.

235/45/17.

I've read mixed reviews on some of their other tires, but the Ecsta 4X series gets phenomenal reviews. IIRC, it's the 3rd ranked tire on Tirerack.com under the Ultra High Performance All-Season category.

dtebbe
05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I've had good luck with Kumho tires. Have Ecsta ASX on my toaster and am very happy with them.

DT

pr_capone
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I was at an autocross event and talked to several people who thought very highly about those very tires.

The Dawg
05-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Kumho's Ecsta's are badass. I love the ones I have on my Subaru