PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The First Six Games

BoltWalt
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I've been looking over the first six games for the Chiefs this season and I am not seeing any easy wins for the chiefs. In years past I would have notched Buffalo as an easy game for KC but after last season I have revised this thinking. What I fear is that by the time the Bolts come to town the KC fan base will see this game as a must win to salvage a season that seams to be going into the crapper. Several years back I had thought that the Chargers had solved the problem of winning in KC but this belief seemed to have been short lived. How do you see the first six games turning out? I see the chiefs going 2-4 or 3-3 depending upon the outcome of the Bolts game.

Ebolapox
05-13-2012, 11:06 AM
a chargers fan naturally wouldn't consider games early in the season to be easy wins... you guys always tank the first few months of the season.

Ebolapox
05-13-2012, 11:06 AM
as for the chiefs, we're rat-fucked until cassel is no longer our QB. we have a great team aside from QB, but we're fucked.

Direckshun
05-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I've been looking over the first six games for the Chiefs this season and I am not seeing any easy wins for the chiefs. In years past I would have notched Buffalo as an easy game for KC but after last season I have revised this thinking. What I fear is that by the time the Bolts come to town the KC fan base will see this game as a must win to salvage a season that seams to be going into the crapper. Several years back I had thought that the Chargers had solved the problem of winning in KC but this belief seemed to have been short lived. How do you see the first six games turning out? I see the chiefs going 2-4 or 3-3 depending upon the outcome of the Bolts game.

Yeah, if we can get out of the first six games at .500, it will bode well for us going forward.

That being said, we face a pretty brutal schedule this year. We play almost every great QB in the league.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
heh, i always love these threads. Loser mentality.

L.A. Chieffan
05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
6 and 0, and early talk of Cassel MVP. you heard it here first

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, if we can get out of the first six games at .500, it will bode well for us going forward.

That being said, we face a pretty brutal schedule this year. We play almost every great QB in the league.

Not worried ! To be the best you have to Beat the best ! If we tank then maybe we'll get a shot at drafting a QB. But actually I REALLY look forward to kicking Denvers ass. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we STAY HEALTHY we are a team to be reckoned with. The Chargers will never be anything with Crater neck as boss.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2012, 11:13 AM

LMAO

Easy 6
05-13-2012, 11:28 AM
LMAO

He's a real dandy, that one.

Three7s
05-13-2012, 11:30 AM
He's a real dandy, that one.
The scary thing is, if Cassel actually does prove us all wrong. LA would probably be known for pulling off the greatest troll in the history of forums. It won't happen, but it'd be pretty funny to see the reaction.

Easy 6
05-13-2012, 11:35 AM
The scary thing is, if Cassel actually does prove us all wrong. LA would probably be known for pulling off the greatest troll in the history of forums. It won't happen, but it'd be pretty funny to see the reaction.

Indeed it would.

qabbaan
05-13-2012, 11:51 AM

ROFL, but really - say Cassel somehow posts a 90 QB rating through 6 games. The team would probably be undefeated. He would legitimately be the MVP simply because he was the weakest link and finally stopped holding a quality team back.

whoman69
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM

In related news, the Constitution was ammended under historic public pressure to allow George W. Bush to seek a third term as President.

BossChief
05-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Cassel is down to his last 6 starts.

Stanzi will lead us to a second half comeback against Tampa Bay to make us 3-3 at the bye and we will finish 9-7 or 10-6.

It will be a miracle if Cassel plays well enough to still be the starter after the bye.

Dave Lane
05-13-2012, 12:54 PM

Stanzi will lead us to a second half comeback against Tampa Bay to make us 3-3 at the bye and we will finish 9-7 or 10-6.

It will be a miracle if Cassel plays well enough to still be the starter after the bye.

If we go 0 and six or even 2 and 4 in the first six games Cassels done

Three7s
05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
If we go 0 and six or even 2 and 4 in the first six games Cassels done
Nah, if we're 2-4, I think Cassel's still starting. Maybe not at 0-6 or 1-5.

KurtCobain
05-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Stanzi won't even be on the team by then.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
*Waits patiently for the lucky to win a game crowd*

Three7s
05-13-2012, 01:03 PM
*Waits patiently for the lucky to win a game crowd*
You mean the "suck for Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley" crowd?

BoltWalt
05-13-2012, 01:53 PM
a chargers fan naturally wouldn't consider games early in the season to be easy wins... you guys always tank the first few months of the season.

Actually last year the Chargers go off to a quick start going 4-1 before the bye. It was the six straight losses after the bye that hurt the Bolts Including one to KC when in OT the game where Philips fumbled the snap late in the game inside the twenty with the game tied at 20. That is the game that many fans point to for the Bolts not winning the AFC West.

Direckshun
05-13-2012, 01:59 PM

This may be true, seeing how the HC's darling QB is now his backup.

I see Quinn taking over at the bye.

Just Passin' By
05-13-2012, 02:04 PM

The AFC West teams all have what look to be brutal non-division schedules, given that there's only a two game difference for them. I'm not even sure that Kansas City has the toughest start during that first 6 games. I'd probably give that nod to the Broncos.

San Diego:

Oakland
Tennessee
Atlanta
KC
New Orleans
Denver

Oakland:

San Diego
Miami
Pittsburgh
Denver
Atlanta
Jacksonville

Denver:

Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Houston
Oakland
New England
San Diego

Kansas City:

Atlanta
Buffalo
New Orleans
San Diego
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

Oakland seems to have the softest start, as of now, but it wouldn't be shocking to me if 3-3 after six games was good enough for the division lead.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 02:07 PM

If Quinn takes over, yall are screwed worse than if Cassel was still starting. Yall won't score a TD ever.

Bugeater
05-13-2012, 02:17 PM
We're talking about the Chiefs here. There's no such thing as an "easy" win, period.

Chiefaholic
05-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I look to see a lot of 8 man fronts defending our only legitimate offensive threat, the run. The O-Line looks legit and the running game looks like a potential top 5 YPC team in the league. However, nobody respects Casshole and opponents will dare him to throw to beat them. They can count on 5-6 WTF passes per game creating turnovers and giving them an easy win.

BossChief
05-13-2012, 02:38 PM

This could very well be true.

Time will tell.

As far as Quinn being the "hcs darling"...Romeo benched him in Cleveland and he is only under contract for one year.

I think Quinns role will be to push Stanzi and to help the transition in playbooks.

Unless the guy has an NFL epiphany, he won't get a shot to play in KC and if he does, it won't last long.

seamonster
05-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the chiefs go beast-mode their first game of the season and rip A-towns hear out. Gonzales is dead to me after throwing his crybaby routine and forcing a trade to the middling falcons. I'm hoping charles get's a buck twenty, Bowe plants safeties and jogs into endzones, and Hali does their cheating offensive line dirty and sacks atlanta's quarterback repeatedly. They'd be playoff-bound from that point on even with a trent dilfer quarterback.

petegz28
05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
We thought the first two games last year were winnable....so prediciting this stuff is kinda pointless

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 03:40 PM
You mean the "suck for Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley" crowd?I would have sucked for Luck.

But Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley? Fuck that. Call me Fanny McTruefan Truman, long-lost cousin of Harry Truman (conveniently a Missourian). I'd rather have worthless wins than tank it for either of those guys.

Ebolapox
05-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I would have sucked for Luck.

But Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley? **** that. Call me Fanny McTruefan Truman, long-lost cousin of Harry Truman (conveniently a Missourian). I'd rather have worthless wins than tank it for either of those guys.

you're one of them there 'be gay for bray' guys, aren't you?

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
We shouldn't have to "suck for ______". We should be willing to do almost whatever it takes to get a QB with the exception of trying to lose. I cannot wish for my team to lose. I will wish for a FO that will be agressive though. I would not of done what the skins did. I will have to see that be the necessary trend before I would be willing to give up that many 1st rounders.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 04:06 PM
you're one of them there 'be gay for bray' guys, aren't you?I think Bray has the best chance to be the #1 QB in this draft if he declares.

He's got to be healthy for the entire year, though. If he doesn't, he will turn into the next Brodie Croyle.

Barkley will be the first QB off the board most likely. Not saying that's unfounded. But he's just a fucking terrible consolation prize to Luck.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
We shouldn't have to "suck for ______". We should be willing to do almost whatever it takes to get a QB with the exception of trying to lose. I cannot wish for my team to lose. I will wish for a FO that will be agressive though. I would not of done what the skins did. I will have to see that be the necessary trend before I would be willing to give up that many 1st rounders.Read your post again. The glaring contradiction makes it sound ridiculous.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Read your post again. The glaring contradiction makes it sound ridiculous.

No I said almost anything. I think that the skins overpaid to move up four spots.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 04:17 PM
I will wish for a FO that will be agressive though. I would not of done what the skins did. Explain this?

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Explain this?

There is a difference between agressive and overpaying.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 04:21 PM
There is a difference between agressive and overpaying.

So if Griffin is great, did the Skins overpay?

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
There is a difference between agressive and overpaying.That's the market right now, dude. Supply and demand determine price. Right now you got low supply and high demand. Being aggressive is equivalent to overpaying right now.

Until things change (I don't see them changing any time soon) then you either lose a shit load of games or you overpay. There is no other option.

Well, there are other options. Stick with Cassel, draft mid-rounders, and hope you win the lottery. That's our strategy.

Ebolapox
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I think Bray has the best chance to be the #1 QB in this draft if he declares.

He's got to be healthy for the entire year, though. If he doesn't, he will turn into the next Brodie Croyle.

Barkley will be the first QB off the board most likely. Not saying that's unfounded. But he's just a ****ing terrible consolation prize to Luck.

oh, I'm with you on that. I just had to throw out the gay for bray line. it was too funny to me to pass up.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM
That's the market right now, dude. Supply and demand determine price. Right now you got low supply and high demand. Being aggressive is equivalent to overpaying right now.

Until things change (I don't see them changing any time soon) then you either lose a shit load of games or you overpay. There is no other option.

Well, there are other options. Stick with Cassel, draft mid-rounders, and hope you win the lottery. That's our strategy.

If you look at what it took for the other teams to move up and around in the top of the 1st they overpayed for the 2cd pick.
One team doesn't make it the current market value. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a trend or if the Skins overpayed.

Easy 6
05-13-2012, 04:27 PM
If Quinn actually takes over after the bye, God bless anyone within earshot of me.

I'm gonna flip the hell out.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
If you look at what it took for the other teams to move up and around in the top of the 1st they overpayed for the 2cd pick.
One team doesn't make it the current market value. It will be interesting to see if this becomes a trend or if the Skins overpayed.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM

That is practically the worst/most overused, unintelligent statement I have ever heard trying to be passed off as wisdom/rationality.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Is that a no?

I'm just making the point that while you don't ever know for sure, (practically)no price is too high if you get the QB you need. If Griffin is what the Skins think he is, they didn't overpay at all.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
That is practically the worst/most overused, unintelligent statement I have ever heard trying to be passed off as wisdom/rationality.

No more than people using What ifs all the time to try and justify what they would of done.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Is that a no?

I'm just making the point that while you don't ever know for sure, (practically)no price is too high if you get the QB you need. If Griffin is what the Skins think he is, they didn't overpay at all.

And if he turns out to be mediocre then how bad did they screw themselves?

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 04:56 PM
No more than people using What ifs all the time to try and justify what they would of done.

Except I don't use "What if..."s

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM
And if he turns out to be mediocre then how bad did they screw themselves?They'll probably finish in last place in their division for many consecutive years.

TOO RISKY

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Except I don't use "What if..."s

That is what the whole question was about that you qouted my answer to.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
They'll probably finish in last place in their division for many consecutive years.

TOO RISKY

All picks are risky. It is just too much to move up 4 spots. IMO

Okie_Apparition
05-13-2012, 05:06 PM
The Bolt's been stripped & needs a re-threading

KCinNY
05-13-2012, 05:07 PM

Screwed themselves by losing the picks that may or may not have become decent players? Yeah...I guess one could make the case that they screwed themselves a bit.

On the other hand...they think that RGIII could delvelop into an elite, franchise QB...and they may be right. If he does then they got him on the cheap and will contend for the Lombardi trophy as long as he's their starter.

The Hunts(like others said) are happy to send Cassel out there...which absolutely guarantees no shot at a Super Bowl. Then keep drafting late round guys and hope they hit the Tom Brady lottery somehow.

Many of we longtime(30+ year) fans are justifiably sick of it. In today's NFL, you have no shot without the franchise QB and to believe otherwise is either ignorant or stupid.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 05:18 PM
That is what the whole question was about that you qouted my answer to.

Granted. You want to take risk, yet you don't want to overpay for said risk. In what alternate universe will the Chiefs ever be in a position to draft risky without overpaying? I say not until DJ, Flowers, Charles, and Bowe are past their primes and waning. Overpay or have to rebuild and wait 5 years till you have a chance to win a SB again. Most have waited long enough and I agree with them.

milkman
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Screwed themselves by losing the picks that may or may not have become decent players? Yeah...I guess one could make the case that they screwed themselves a bit.

On the other hand...they think that RGIII could delvelop into an elite, franchise QB...and they may be right. If he does then they got him on the cheap and will contend for the Lombardi trophy as long as he's their starter.

The Hunts(like others said) are happy to send Cassel out there...which absolutely guarantees no shot at a Super Bowl. Then keep drafting late round guys and hope they hit the Tom Brady lottery somehow.

Many of we longtime(30+ year) fans are justifiably sick of it. In today's NFL, you have no shot without the franchise QB and to believe otherwise is either ignorant or stupid.

The fact is, guys like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jim McMahon are the exceptions as far back as the first SB.

SBs have always been won by teams that have franchise and future HOF QBs from the start.

You could even go back to pre SB years and look at league championships to see the same held true even then.

The chances of winnnig a championship without a franchise QB are about 1 in 50, and always have been.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM

I want a new QB for the Chiefs. I am one of the guys that wanted us to get Tannehill. I wanted us to be aggressive enough to move up to the 7th pick and take him in front of the Dolphins. We could of done this with a 3rd round pick.
I know there is a difference between Tannehill and RG3 so don't get me wrong. But I do think that for that price they should of taken Tannehill who has the attributes to work very well in Shannarats offense.
I have been a fan for 25 years so don't act like I am a rookie to the Chiefs. I feel like we might of been in our best postition to draft a QB this year and we didn't do that.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
All picks are risky. It is just too much to move up 4 spots. IMO
Dude, the Skins moved up 4 spots. They wanted RGIII and they wanted him hard. The Rams knew this and made them pay far out the ass due to the demand of QBs. A more skilled negotiator probably could have drawn out the talks longer and show a better poker face to take the price down, but they didn't. They overplayed the hand and were faced with the decision of QB or not QB? They chose QB.

Now, that's in a draft where two guys are elite and a billion teams need QBs. But also if the Chiefs need a QB, they're not just going to be able to move up 4 spots and take their guy. They're going to have to move up 10 and probably even more spots to get an RGIII-quality QB. And you bet your ass they're going to have to give up multiple first round picks to do it.

That's why until things start to show change, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't both win games AND draft a guy with RGIII or Andrew Luck talent without paying a hefty price.

To claim to have "fixed" your QB position by drafting in the first round, you need to grab a top 3 QB, and that's in a GOOD class. And teams in the top 10 just aren't going to be satisfied with Ryan Fitzpatrick if a Matt Barkley is sitting there waiting to be drafted. The Chiefs who are drafting at 22 have a LONG way to go and have a LOT of teams to leap frog if they want to grab that QB. Oh, and the team you'll be trading with knows it, too. It's going to cost draft picks. A lot of them.

So you have these options:

1) Lose a lot of games
2) Win with honor and pay out the ass to get your QB
3) Wait until the market is more saturated with QBs (number of seasons unknown)
4) Roll with another team's back up and draft mid-rounders. Hope for the best.
5) Get a mediocre draft spot in the 8-15 range (the way the Chiefs are built, that's not a dependable option) in a good/great QB class (also not dependable or even very common) when many teams ahead of you don't need QBs (VERY not dependable) and pay a low price tag (provided your GM is effective at that sort of thing)

Which one will it be?

KCinNY
05-13-2012, 05:46 PM
The fact is, guys like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jim McMahon are the exceptions as far back as the first SB.

SBs have always been won by teams that have franchise and future HOF QBs from the start.

You could even go back to pre SB years and look at league championships to see the same held true even then.

The chances of winnnig a championship without a franchise QB are about 1 in 50, and always have been.

Agree with your point...a friend at work pointed out to me recently that 1/3 of all Super Bowls have been won by 1st overall pick QBs.

But even Dilfer and McMahon were top-ten, 1st round guys. They became effective "game managers" when it was apparent they weren't "franchise QB" guys.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Dude, the Skins moved up 4 spots. They wanted RGIII and they wanted him hard. The Rams knew this and made them pay far out the ass due to the demand of QBs. A more skilled negotiator probably could have drawn out the talks longer and show a better poker face to take the price down, but they didn't. They overplayed the hand and were faced with the decision of QB or not QB? They chose QB.

Now, that's in a draft where two guys are elite and a billion teams need QBs. But also if the Chiefs need a QB, they're not just going to be able to move up 4 spots and take their guy. They're going to have to move up 10 and probably even more spots to get an RGIII-quality QB. And you bet your ass they're going to have to give up multiple first round picks to do it.

That's why until things start to show change, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't both win games AND draft a guy with RGIII or Andrew Luck talent without paying a hefty price.

To claim to have "fixed" your QB position by drafting in the first round, you need to grab a top 3 QB, and that's in a GOOD class. And teams in the top 10 just aren't going to be satisfied with Ryan Fitzpatrick if a Matt Barkley is sitting there waiting to be drafted. The Chiefs who are drafting at 22 have a LONG way to go and have a LOT of teams to leap frog if they want to grab that QB. Oh, and the team you'll be trading with knows it, too. It's going to cost draft picks. A lot of them.

So you have these options:

1) Lose a lot of games
2) Win with honor and pay out the ass to get your QB
3) Wait until the market is more saturated with QBs (number of seasons unknown)
4) Roll with another team's back up and draft mid-rounders. Hope for the best.
5) Get a mediocre draft spot in the 8-15 range (the way the Chiefs are built, that's not a dependable option) in a good/great QB class (also not dependable or even very common) when many teams ahead of you don't need QBs (VERY not dependable) and pay a low price tag (provided your GM is effective at that sort of thing)

Which one will it be?

This didn't start with the Chiefs getting or trying to get RG3 or moving up that far. It was about the Skins moving up 4 spots and overpaying for it.
The Chiefs were in a spot this year to move up 4 spots to get a possible franchise QB and choose not to.
If the Chiefs are in the late teens area it is going to cost multiple first rounds. Which has already been address with Pioli saying he couldn't imagine giving up Multiple first round picks for any player.

prhom
05-13-2012, 05:51 PM

To make matters worse, I don't think we're drafting enough of the late round guys to have a reasonable shot at getting a decent one and certainly not a great one. I realize last year was a short offseason and Haley is a dumbass, but I can't see why we didn't try out Stanzi instead of Palko. I think you take every opportunity to test your potential QBOTFs, not guys with a ceiling as a mediocre back up. If we had, we could have known if Stanzi had any flash against starters in a real game. Now we lose another year of waiting by not knowing if Stanzi is worth developing or not.

I think you either do what it takes to get the top tier guys, or you draft lots of the lower tier guys and make your decision to keep or cut them quickly.

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2012, 05:55 PM

or if he stays healthy during this period

keg in kc
05-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Stanzi has to be able to beat out Quinn before he can do anything more than show his leet clipboard-holding skills.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Granted. You want to take risk, yet you don't want to overpay for said risk. In what alternate universe will the Chiefs ever be in a position to draft risky without overpaying? I say not until DJ, Flowers, Charles, and Bowe are past their primes and waning. Overpay or have to rebuild and wait 5 years till you have a chance to win a SB again. Most have waited long enough and I agree with them.

To me we were in that position this year. We could of spent a 3rd round and trade up and gotten Tannehill. I don't see the Chiefs having a shot at anything better than the 3rd ranked overall QB in any given year in the near future.

Deberg_1990
05-13-2012, 06:06 PM

You are 100% correct Sir. And i think we have already talked about how when Dilfer and Johnson won, the late 90s to early 2000s there was a dearth of franchise QBs.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 06:08 PM
To me we were in that position this year. We could of spent a 3rd round and trade up and gotten Tannehill. I don't see the Chiefs having a shot at anything better than the 3rd ranked overall QB in any given year in the near future.

Pretty much the way I see it. Maybe you'll have to trade for a young guy that got his chance and didn't do too well. NOT QUINN. Someone else though.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 06:12 PM

Every team with a mediocre QB is screwed. They might have risked a lot, but the Chiefs risk more by starting Matt Cassel. I think the likelihood of RGIII being a star is higher than the likelihood of winning a SB without a great QB. He could bust and Matt Cassel could get a ring. I just like the bet the Redskins are making more. If the Chiefs were in their position, I would be ecstatic with the trade, however risky.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Pretty much the way I see it. Maybe you'll have to trade for a young guy that got his chance and didn't do too well. NOT QUINN. Someone else though.

Fuck That. I do not want anyones failures or cast offs just because they are different or younger than Cassel.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
**** That. I do not want anyones failures or cast offs just because they are different or younger than Cassel.

Now THIS we agree on.

Okie_Apparition
05-13-2012, 06:28 PM

Any GM worth being more than an NFL waterboy
would have gotten the shithouse mouse crazy FIns on conference call

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM
**** That. I do not want anyones failures or cast offs just because they are different or younger than Cassel.

Well hey you don't want to overpay. That's your only option.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Well hey you don't want to overpay. That's your only option.

Bullshit!

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Bullshit!If there's another option besides overpaying why has it not surfaced yet?

There was Tannehill, who I wanted to draft just like you did.

That's about it.

When did we get rid of Green? 2007? Why has there not been a good option available to us since 2007 that doesn't involve overpaying?

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
If there's another option besides overpaying why has it not surfaced yet?

There was Tannehill, who I wanted to draft just like you did.

That's about it.

When did we get rid of Green? 2007? Why has there not been a good option available to us since 2007 that doesn't involve overpaying?

Just because our FO hasn't made a move doesn't mean that there hasn't been an option that wouldn't be overpaying.

Just Passin' By
05-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Just because our FO hasn't made a move doesn't mean that there hasn't been an option that wouldn't be overpaying.

Please list all the top end QBs who've moved, without overpaying, since 2007.

stonedstooge
05-13-2012, 07:13 PM

Michael Vick came cheap out of Leavenworth

Coogs
05-13-2012, 07:32 PM

if we are 6-0 the MVP talk will likely be around Berry, DJ, or Hali from the defense... or Charles from the offense. It's proven we don't win when Cassel is asked to be the man.

L.A. Chieffan
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
if we are 6-0 the MVP talk will likely be around Berry, DJ, or Hali from the defense... or Charles from the offense. It's proven we don't win when Cassel is asked to be the man.

And the excuses already begin.

Coogs
05-13-2012, 07:35 PM
And the excuses already begin.

It's not an excuse. Cassel is 3-16 as a starter for the Chiefs when he is asked to make a difference. 14-6 when he relies on his teammates to carry him.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM

We were talking about draft picks not FA.

notorious
05-13-2012, 08:04 PM
If Quinn takes over, yall are screwed worse than if Cassel was still starting. Yall won't score a TD ever.

It would be the best day to be a Chiefs fan in 4 years.

The Cassel failure would finally be over. Who cares about the rest of the season at that point.

notorious
05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2926869841_46e4ef508b_o.gif

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 09:01 PM

What QB would you have drafted that we wouldn't have had to "overpay" for. Tannehill? Is that it? He would have been cheaper because he is a MUCH shakier prospect. Most other years he would have fallen.

Is there someone else?

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 09:25 PM
What QB would you have drafted that we wouldn't have had to "overpay" for. Tannehill? Is that it? He would have been cheaper because he is a MUCH shakier prospect. Most other years he would have fallen.

Is there someone else?

We would not have that information. We don't know all the offers that were or were not made. It is all speculation. Why does it have to be since a certain year. We could of drafted Rodgers. Who knows before long some one might be saying we should of drafted Weeden or so on.
I disagree that in most other years he would of fallen or been behind more prospects. There have been a couple of "experts" that had him ahead of Barkley who is suppose to be the #1 prospect next year.
How long has it been since there was more than 2 elite, franchise type QBs?

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Chief Roundup is a great fan no doubt. But he doesn't want to be laughed at like the Redskins were for what they gave up for a QBotF....oh wait the Chiefs are already being laughed at without that happening. :hmmm:

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Chief Roundup is a great fan no doubt. But he doesn't want to be laughed at like the Redskins were for what they gave up for a QBotF....oh wait the Chiefs are already being laughed at without that happening. :hmmm:

I give a shit about someone laughing at the Chiefs. We have so much history with this franchise it will always be a good thing to be a fan.
What is it that you Jags have..Jones Drew? What position other than QB has one of the highest bust rate? WR I believe. Where is your franchise headed again to LA i believe.
I would not of given what they did to move up 4 spots.
What is it going to take to move up in the top 3 from 20? Anyone going to be willing to pay that bill if it takes 3 firsts and whatever else it was to move up 4 spots from 6 to 2?

Deberg_1990
05-13-2012, 10:02 PM
How long has it been since there was more than 2 elite, franchise type QBs?

Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Dante Culpepper, Cade McNown,

All taken within the first 12 picks.

Just Passin' By
05-13-2012, 10:08 PM

To repeat, Please list all the top end QBs who've moved, without overpaying, since 2007. Overpaying in the draft is one way to do it, after all.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
To repeat, Please list all the top end QBs who've moved, without overpaying, since 2007. Overpaying in the draft is one way to do it, after all.

QBs don't move other than FA

Just Passin' By
05-13-2012, 10:15 PM
QBs don't move other than FA

RG3 is a member of the Rams, then? He wasn't taken when the Redskins wildly "overpaid" to move up and take him?

Also, guys like Favre and Schaub weren't traded?

BossChief
05-13-2012, 10:16 PM
The 2004 class had

Eli Manning
Ben Rothlisberger
Phllip Rivers
Matt Shaub

Deberg_1990
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM
The 2004 class had

Eli Manning
Ben Rothlisberger
Phllip Rivers
Matt Shaub

That was an awesome class. Probably one of the best QB drafts of all time and extremely rare.

Ebolapox
05-13-2012, 10:24 PM

Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, Akili Smith, Dante Culpepper, Cade McNown,

All taken within the first 12 picks.

wrong. 2004 nfl draft. eli manning, phil rivers, ben roethlisberger.

also, 2006 nfl draft. vince young, matt leinart, jay cutler.

Just Passin' By
05-13-2012, 10:24 PM
That was an awesome class. Probably one of the best QB drafts of all time and extremely rare.

Not to pain Chiefs fans, but there's also the 1983 class, where four of the five QBs taken in round one went to the Super Bowl and 3 are in the HOF.

kysirsoze
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Not to pain Chiefs fans, but there's also the 1983 class, where four of the five QBs taken in round one went to the Super Bowl and 3 are in the HOF.

Ya, but they overpaid for Elway so it's a wash.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 10:37 PM
BTW Roundup,

Could HAVE. We could HAVE drafted Aaron Rodgers. We should not HAVE traded for Matt Cassel.

You must HAVE been high the day they covered this in English class.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 10:44 PM
RG3 is a member of the Rams, then? He wasn't taken when the Redskins wildly "overpaid" to move up and take him?

Also, guys like Favre and Schaub weren't traded?

Drafts picks were traded. RG3 didn't move.
Favre was an old man when he was traded to the Jets.
Schaub was a 3rd round pick that had started 1 game when he was traded for 2 2cd round picks. And in his entire career he has only made it through 2 seasons. While being surrounded by Andre Johnson, Arian Foster.
Favre and Schaub don't count anyway. I don't want some old dude or some other teams castoff.
This was all about draft picks and overpaying to move up in the draft.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 10:47 PM
BTW Roundup,

Could HAVE. We could HAVE drafted Aaron Rodgers. We should not HAVE traded for Matt Cassel.

You must HAVE been high the day they covered this in English class.

Oh everyone bow to the Grammar God.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Sweet! I'm not a Nazi!

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Sweet! I'm not a Nazi!

Pretty weak when someone has to go to grammar.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Dude, I'm just trying to help. If this is about the English class quip I was just jerkin your chain.

In58men
05-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Dude, I'm just trying to help. If this is about the English class quip I was just jerkin your chain.

quip = another word for joke.

RealSNR
05-13-2012, 11:41 PM
quip = another word for joke.Indeed it is.

Your people will be spared from the wrath of Grammar God!