PDA

View Full Version : Football Chad Ochocinco: Open Letter To Roger Goodell

listopencil
05-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Many of you know I have a father son relationship with Roger Goodell. I love him and just had to reach out to him with all that is going on. We are at a crucial point in the history of football. The foundation of the game is in jeopardy based on all these factors and the future of the game is going to be shaped by him.

Dear Dad,

I know it has been a rough week, so I wanted to reach out. Players dying, players suing and on top of that my peers are just going off on you in the media. It does not help that ESPN has all of a sudden become Medical TV with damn near every brain expert on the planet. This has got to be the worst week ever. Since no one is showing any support, I figured I would be the first. You are in one big ass catch 22 and quite frankly, I am not sure there is any solution. One thing I think can help is killing the NFL PR machine.

Y’all do a darn near perfect job at portraying this game as one played by heroes.

But let’s be real dad. This is a nasty, dirty and violent game with consequences. Sign up or go get a regular job. Watch it or turn off the TV and go fishing with your kids. It is really that simple. I know there are probably legal and financial implications that prevent this blunt depiction, but am not sure if you have a choice. If you don’t say it now, the mounting evidence being revealed publicly will say it for you very soon. In all, I love you and if anyone can lead us out of this mess, it will be you. Oh by the way, I have a deal for you. Am having a rebound year and plan to do a lot of celebrating in the end zone. Can my fine money go to supporting ex-players suffering?

Sincerely,
Chad

http://ocnnreport.com/2012/05/11/my-letter-to-roger-goodell/

In58men
05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
He's weird.

Bowser
05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
"Can my fine money go to supporting ex-players suffering?"

That made me laugh.

listopencil
05-13-2012, 03:41 PM
He's weird.

I think he's great. He's one of the few players that can "show boat" without being a giant prick about it. He's got a great sense of humor, he's intelligent and he's got a lot of skill as an NFL player.

In58men
05-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I think he's great. He's one of the few players that can "show boat" without being a giant prick about it. He's got a great sense of humor, he's intelligent and he's got a lot of skill as an NFL player.

He's an attention whore and I think he tries to hard to be funny. He'll do anything to be in the spot light. Not too fond Chad Johnson.

listopencil
05-13-2012, 03:48 PM
He's an attention whore and I think he tries to hard to be funny. He'll do anything to in the spot light. Not too fond Chad Johnson.

To each his own. I find him to be entertaining.

In58men
05-13-2012, 03:51 PM
To each his own. I find him to be entertaining.

I'm happy for you.

Fritz88
05-13-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm happy for you.

Kiss him NOW!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-13-2012, 03:58 PM
He's an attention whore and I think he tries to hard to be funny. He'll do anything to be in the spot light. Not too fond Chad Johnson.

Attention whore? Oh c'mon it's like like he ever went full retard and legally changed his last name to his number in spanish. He's just having fun.

Bump
05-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I've always liked Chad, but I think I may love him now.

Ace Gunner
05-13-2012, 04:02 PM
he's right. this game is going in the shitter and it is run by crooks. goodell is a crooked pos. so are all of the owners. they could have taken care of these players but instead they kept a blind eye and swept it under the rug.

there is no other $250 ticket on my radar, no other event has ever been worth that kind of $ to me and this has been on a consistent basis for decades.

the owners are billionaires. it damn near happened over night for them. now the game will be put to rest by lawyers.

watching the NFL last season was a snore. there were so many "illegal contact" calls the game suffered contact. this year I expect it's going to look like pattycake. WR's will put up record yards this year.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-13-2012, 04:04 PM
He's a douche of epic proportions, but he's right.

listopencil
05-13-2012, 04:06 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RXeHnGZnHqA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
he's right. this game is going in the shitter and it is run by crooks. goodell is a crooked pos. so are all of the owners. they could have taken care of these players but instead they kept a blind eye and swept it under the rug.

there is no other $250 ticket on my radar, no other event has ever been worth that kind of $ to me and this has been on a consistent basis for decades.

the owners are billionaires. it damn near happened over night for them. now the game will be put to rest by lawyers.

watching the NFL last season was a snore. there were so many "illegal contact" calls the game suffered contact. this year I expect it's going to look like pattycake. WR's will put up record yards this year.

you have good foresight my friend. I can't see football ever going away because it's Americas #1 sport and the money involved. But the game will evolve to a point where contact will be forbidden and people will probably still watch it.

But you can forget about the days of playing hard defense. There may never be another defensive hall of famer to emerge again, because they can't play defense. It's sad.

It's not like they don't know the risks when they play and you are right, the game suffered last year. Players are gonna be scared to put a good hit on someone and it's pathetic.

listopencil
05-13-2012, 04:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EImAeb9sL3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Say what you will. The Riverdance celebration was hilarious, and that's a ballsy motherfucker that does the Lambeau Leap into the Dog Pound as an opposing player.

Chief Roundup
05-13-2012, 04:11 PM

The rules have definitely changed a lot when Dan Marinos record that stood since 1984 was broken by 3 QBs last season.

Bump
05-13-2012, 04:19 PM
The rules have definitely changed a lot when Dan Marinos record that stood since 1984 was broken by 3 QBs last season.

not to mention just about every offensive record was broken in the 2000's. Hell, the touchdown record was broken 3 fucking times.

It's getting ridiculous. No Bullshit, a QB will pass for 6,000 yards in the near future.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Might as well not have a defense anymore. Also, have an all time QB. That'll solve everything. I missed my glorious 3K post. I don't remember what I spent it on. Ah well. Happy 3K to me!

Bump
05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
LOL, even with all of the rule changes, Cassel still couldnt manage to pass for over 200 yards in a game. Or he might have done that incredible feat once, or did he? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Bump
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
People try to tell me that guys like Jerry Rice couldnt make it in todays NFL because everybody is so much more athletic and they think that athletes were out of shape back then or something. I say, Jerry Rice would have doubled his production with all of the bullshit rules now. Jerry Rice did it in an era that had defense.

Ace Gunner
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
LOL, even with all of the rule changes, Cassel still couldnt manage to pass for over 200 yards in a game. Or he might have done that incredible feat once, or did he? I'm too lazy to look it up.

lol who cares, we all know the dude is horrible.

and the 1980's 49ers or the 90's cowboys would have steamrolled any team in this millenium imo. those teams put up serious passing yards but they beat you up too.

JD10367
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Dear Chad,

Shut the **** up, stop e-mailing Roger Goodell, and worry more about catching the ****ing ball, you useless sack of shit. You spent a year with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and were still so dumb and useless you couldn't even contribute by the Super Bowl.

In58men
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Dear Chad,

Shut the **** up, stop e-mailing Roger Goodell, and worry more about catching the ****ing ball, you useless sack of shit. You spent a year with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick and were still so dumb and useless you couldn't even contribute by the Super Bowl.

ROFL

okcchief
05-13-2012, 04:49 PM
They just need to write in to the contracts that they aren't responsible. It just like other high paid dangerous jobs. You know what your getting in to.

Ace Gunner
05-13-2012, 04:53 PM
They just need to write in to the contracts that they aren't responsible. It just like other high paid dangerous jobs. You know what your getting in to.

the nfl is decades ahead of you there.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Dear Chad,

Pats can't finish with a SB since Spygate. Get over it.

KcMizzou
05-13-2012, 05:05 PM
People try to tell me that guys like Jerry Rice couldnt make it in todays NFL because everybody is so much more athletic and they think that athletes were out of shape back then or something. I say, Jerry Rice would have doubled his production with all of the bullshit rules now. Jerry Rice did it in an era that had defense.I'm pretty sure literally nobody says that.

BillSelfsTrophycase
05-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Attention whore? Oh c'mon it's like like he ever went full retard and legally changed his last name to his number in spanish. He's just having fun.

He didn't even do that right, but I still like the guy

However if he ends up a Raider, he can fall into a canyon full of Aids infected burning cacti

WhiteWhale
05-13-2012, 05:28 PM
People try to tell me that guys like Jerry Rice couldnt make it in todays NFL because everybody is so much more athletic and they think that athletes were out of shape back then or something. I say, Jerry Rice would have doubled his production with all of the bullshit rules now. Jerry Rice did it in an era that had defense.

I don't know what people tell you that, but they're either 12 years old or fundamentally brain damaged.

Setsuna
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't know what people tell you that, but they're either 12 years old or fundamentally brain damaged.

Bump told himself that while he was high and took it as someone else told him.

Gadzooks
05-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure literally nobody says that.

Agreed, I've never said it, and I say a lot of things that piss people off around here.

listopencil
05-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey, I'm back. Do we still hate Ochocinco?

Simply Red
05-13-2012, 11:40 PM

i see him in the exact same light, IMO it's hard to dislike him, if you're honest.

Buehler445
05-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Man. This is stupid. They know now what happens when you play.

They need to settle with the old dudes, make sure everyone knows the risk and move on.

I work in a much more dangerous industry than they do and I'm not suing anybody. I know what I'm getting into and I accept that risk in hopes of doing better than the office job I had.

In58men
05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
It seems like we have more injuries now than we had years ago. Everything it suppose to be more advanced, but it doesn't seem like that.

Heaven forbids we have a fatality on the field due to the neck whipping back and forth. Seen that shit happen, what will happen next.

JD10367
05-14-2012, 06:30 AM
Pats can't finish with a SB since Spygate. Get over it.

Yeah, that's the reason. They're good enough to get to the Super Bowl, but they can't win one without some videotape. You fucking retard.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-07-2012, 12:14 PM
WEEI Sports Radio's Christopher Price reports Chad Ochocinco left Gillette Stadium before Thursday's OTA session and subsequently removed any Patriots affiliation from his Twitter bio.
The Boston Globe has also been all over this story of late, with Greg Bedard predicting a June release months ago. The Globe hears that while Ochocinco still has what it takes physically to succeed in the NFL, he is still struggling to firmly grasp the Patriots' playbook. With a loaded wide receiver corps, it would be no surprise if the team simply decided to throw in the towel before training camp.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
WEEI Sports Radio's Christopher Price reports Chad Ochocinco left Gillette Stadium before Thursday's OTA session and subsequently removed any Patriots affiliation from his Twitter bio.
The Boston Globe has also been all over this story of late, with Greg Bedard predicting a June release months ago. The Globe hears that while Ochocinco still has what it takes physically to succeed in the NFL, he is still struggling to firmly grasp the Patriots' playbook. With a loaded wide receiver corps, it would be no surprise if the team simply decided to throw in the towel before training camp.

Wow. Bring him in for a look then.

JD10367
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Chad. We had high hopes for you, but it turns out you're too dumb to do anything other than run in a line and hope the QB and offense gameplan for you. You've had a year to figure it out and still can't? Fuck off. If you had half a brain, the Patriots probably would've been able to win the Super Bowl.

dazedhero
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM
ROFL hes right