PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”

Kerberos
05-15-2012, 03:34 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/chiefs-brandon-flowers-not-too-worried-about-peyton-manning/

Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 15, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

Flowers told the Kansas City Star that in the AFC West — where the Broncos won a three-way tiebreaker to make the playoffs with an 8-8 record last year, and the Chiefs were in last place at 7-9 — is ripe for the taking. And the Chiefs plan to take it.

“We’ve got the mindset we’re going to win the AFC West,” Flowers said.

As for Manning, Flowers doesn’t doubt that he’s a great player, but he does believe that if the Chiefs’ secondary does its job,

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”

Rain Man
05-15-2012, 03:35 PM
I like Flowers.

Thig Lyfe
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Peyton Manning

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Manning is old and tired. And not in an "Elway old and tired" kind of way.

In58men
05-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259165&page=28

vailpass
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/chiefs-brandon-flowers-not-too-worried-about-peyton-manning/

Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 15, 2012, 4:41 PM EDT

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

Flowers told the Kansas City Star that in the AFC West — where the Broncos won a three-way tiebreaker to make the playoffs with an 8-8 record last year, and the Chiefs were in last place at 7-9 — is ripe for the taking. And the Chiefs plan to take it.

“We’ve got the mindset we’re going to win the AFC West,” Flowers said.

As for Manning, Flowers doesn’t doubt that he’s a great player, but he does believe that if the Chiefs’ secondary does its job,

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”

Well said. That's how I'd want my DBs to think.

Titty Meat
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E9Y7b.gif

Mr. Laz
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
my confidence about dealing with Manning comes from Crennel, not flowers.

Crennel shows so much pass defense that Manning checks to run ... over and over and over again. Until Manning gets frustrated and forces passes. By doing that it reduces one of manning's biggest strength in changing the play at the LOS.

we just have to be able to contain the running game in a nickle defense type alignment.

rico
05-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I posted this on the Carr to Dallas thread, but I don't think many people saw it. Thought it was interesting:

So a little while ago I wandered over to a Dallas Cowboys to see what their take was on; Carr, Orton, Romo, etc. In the process I stumbled upon a thread titled, "Talked with Brandon Flowers's Father." Here is the link: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232973

This is what the op was:

"Ran into him at the Home Depot parking lot. Saw a bunch of Cheif stuff on his truck, so i walked by getting ready to rub it in his face that we took their best corner.

Started off asking him if he was a cheif fan, then thats when he let me know who his Son was.

So i brought up the fact i was a cowboy fan, and that we took Brandon F's best best tandem. He said "yeah Carr is like family, him and Flowers are real tight and he wanted him to stay" Then thats when he said the "words", and we starting debating

He goes "Carr is good, but he is not a number 1 corner. Him and Jenkins play the right, so somebody is going to have to play left"....I said yeah Carr will..."he said nope, we put Carr on the left before and he got toasted, he couldn't handle it, hes a good number 2, that's why he looked so good"

Thats when i told him, "right or left does not matter....it only matters if a guy feels real uncomfortable(Asomugha) due to foot planting, or strongly favoring this right or left side" (he thinks it's because of number 1 WR's) I told him that even his own son, was fighting pleading for him to stay...and that the own fans

he goes "Yeah his son just wanted the Defense to stick together, and the fact they were cool" He also hinted(but not in so many words) that us fans "Don't see what goes on in practice and that he was covered up by a good defense or scheme"

Now he did say Carr is good, but believes the Cheifs made him look better...and that he is still young and green.

Also when the reports came out that we were about to sign him for 7-8 mil or whatever...he said thats BS..Carr had his eyes on 10 mil+ from jump, thats why Kansas wouldn't take him back....Pretty interesting (considering Finnegan supposedly set the bar)

I told him, we will see(i personally believe he's just pro Flowers, as he should be)"

ModSocks
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I posted this on the Carr to Dallas thread, but I don't think many people saw it. Thought it was interesting:

So a little while ago I wandered over to a Dallas Cowboys to see what their take was on; Carr, Orton, Romo, etc. In the process I stumbled upon a thread titled, "Talked with Brandon Flowers's Father." Here is the link: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232973

This is what the op was:

"Ran into him at the Home Depot parking lot. Saw a bunch of Cheif stuff on his truck, so i walked by getting ready to rub it in his face that we took their best corner.

Started off asking him if he was a cheif fan, then thats when he let me know who his Son was.

So i brought up the fact i was a cowboy fan, and that we took Brandon F's best best tandem. He said "yeah Carr is like family, him and Flowers are real tight and he wanted him to stay" Then thats when he said the "words", and we starting debating

He goes "Carr is good, but he is not a number 1 corner. Him and Jenkins play the right, so somebody is going to have to play left"....I said yeah Carr will..."he said nope, we put Carr on the left before and he got toasted, he couldn't handle it, hes a good number 2, that's why he looked so good"

Thats when i told him, "right or left does not matter....it only matters if a guy feels real uncomfortable(Asomugha) due to foot planting, or strongly favoring this right or left side" (he thinks it's because of number 1 WR's) I told him that even his own son, was fighting pleading for him to stay...and that the own fans

he goes "Yeah his son just wanted the Defense to stick together, and the fact they were cool" He also hinted(but not in so many words) that us fans "Don't see what goes on in practice and that he was covered up by a good defense or scheme"

Now he did say Carr is good, but believes the Cheifs made him look better...and that he is still young and green.

Also when the reports came out that we were about to sign him for 7-8 mil or whatever...he said thats BS..Carr had his eyes on 10 mil+ from jump, thats why Kansas wouldn't take him back....Pretty interesting (considering Finnegan supposedly set the bar)

I told him, we will see(i personally believe he's just pro Flowers, as he should be)"

Interdasting. But I can't recall ever seeing Carr lined up in Flowers spot.

Bump
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
he should be worried, we don't have a very good track record vs Peyton

Bump
05-15-2012, 04:11 PM
It doesn't even matter because Carr was excellent for us in the role he played and we lost an excellent player.

RealSNR
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
he should be worried, the years of swiss cheese defense and Mike Solari's abortion offense don't have a very good track record vs PeytonFYP

-King-
05-15-2012, 04:20 PM
he should be worried, we don't have a very good track record vs Peyton

What? Yes we do.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Flowers gonna be dancing to this shit after the pick 6 to win the shit...

The blind stares
of a million pairs of eyes
lookin' hard but won't realize
that they will never see
the P

(You must be goin' blind)

give me my money in stacks
and lace my bitches with 9 figures
real niggas fingers on nickle plated 9 triggas
Must see my enemies defeated
i'l catch em
while they coked up and weeded
open fire
now them niggas bleedin'
see me in flesh
and test
and get your chest blown
straight out tha west, don't get blown
my adversaries cry like ho's
open and shut like doors
is you a friend or foe ?
nigga you ain't know ?
they got me stressed out on Death Row
i've seen money
but baby I gots to gets mo'
you scream and go
'2Pac'
and I ain't stopin'
till i'm well paid
bails paid
now nigga, look what hell made
visions of cops and sirens
niggas open fire
buncha Thug Life niggas on tha rise
until I die
ask me why i'm a Boss Playa gettin' high
and when i'm rollin' by
Niggas Can't C Me

The stares of a million pairs of eyes
and you'll never realize
You can't C Me..

Been getten worried that these square muthafuckers with nerves
sayin they can get with us
but picture me gettin' served
My own mama say i'm thuged out
my shit be bumpin out tha record store
as if it was a drug house
my lyrics bang like a Crip or Blood
nigga what ?
It ain't nothin but a party when we thug
and there I was
a young nigga with heart
ain't had shit to lose
pullin' my pistol on them fools
you know the rules
D-R-E you got me heated
my words like a penatentary dick
hittin' bitches where it's most needed
money and weed
Alazay and Hennesse
To my Thug niggas in lock down
witness me
bail on these ho's in floss mode
tha life of a Boss Playa
fuck what ya thought tho'
my enemies deceased
die like a bitch
when my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Niggas Can't C Me

Which way did he go PEYTON
Which way did he go
Which way did he go
Which way did he go

You niggas made a mistake
you shoulda never put my rhymes with Dre
them Thug niggas have arrived and it's Judgement Day
Hey Homie if ya feel me
Tell them tricks that shot me
that they missed
they ain't killed me
I can make a muthafucker shake
rattle and roll
i'm full of liquor
thug nigga
quick to jab at them ho's
and I can make ya jelous niggas famous
fuck around with 2Pac and see how good a niggas aim is
i'm just a rich muthafucker from tha way
If this rappin' bring me money
then i'm rappin' till i'm paid
i'm getten green like i'm supposed to
Nigga, I holla at these ho's
and see how many I can go through
Look to the star
and visualize my debut
niggas know me, playa
I gotta stay true
don't be a dumb muthafucker
because it's crazy after dark
where the true Thug niggas see ya heart
Niggas Can't C Me....

(Yo, check this out, stay off his dick)

Niggas Can't C Me
(Right before your eyes, i'll disappear from here) You niggas Can't C Me, hahah
(You Can't C Me) I know it's hard nigga, i'm all up in your face
But you still Can't C Me
(You Can't C Me) All up in your range, but niggas Can't C Me
(20/20 vision won't visualize) I'm in tha flesh baby, but you Can't C Me
(All tho' glasses won't help you realize) You blinded
You blinded
You Can't C Me
(You Can't C Me)
Thug Life baby
Don't believe everything you read
Alazay and weed (You Can't C Me)
(Right before your very eyes, You won't even visualize)
(You Can't C Me)
Dr. Dre all day, 2Pac
Niggas can't C Me, hahaha
I dedicate this, to you PUNK Muthafuckers hahaha
this ones for you big baby hahah
cause you bitch ass niggas Can't C Me
Niggas Can't C Me
(ooooww)
(ooooww)
(You Can't C Me)
(See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil)
(You won't C Me)
(First C Me, Now ya don't)
(Wanna C Me, but ya won't)
(Come to C Me, but ya Can't)
(ooohhh, You Can't C Me)
(You Can't C Me)
(Right between your eyes, you'll never realize)
(Right before your eyes, you won't even realize)
(Visualize what you Can't C)

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Flowers is on NFL32 right now talking about it.

lcarus
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
It doesn't even matter because Carr was excellent for us in the role he played and we lost an excellent player.

For what it's worth (nothing), I got Routt and dropped Carr on my Chiefs Madden franchise and our defense is great. :p

RealSNR
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Flowers is on NFL32 right now talking about it.What's he saying?

In58men
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
What's he saying?

That the receivers will be different and they know what to expect when it's game time. Said he's not preparing for Denver, he will when the time comes.

All in all Flowers has been ready since day one. Right when Manning was signed he tweeted minuets later. "That's not too smart"

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
What's he saying?

They aren't preparing for the name on the back of the jersey, they are preparing for the offense as a whole. He's confident they can stop him.

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TzmpXz5d2z0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
They aren't preparing for the name on the back of the jersey, they are preparing for the offense as a whole. He's confident they can stop him.

We're too busy preparing for the name on the back of our own QB's jersey. That will hurt us a lot more than Peyton Manning imo.

Deberg_1990
05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
manning not going to turn the ball over? Let's not get ridiculous Brandon.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Schefter says don't look for Bowe and the Chiefs to agree on a long term contract any time soon and look forward to Bowe missing a lot of time this offseason, possibly training camp. "Could" go further than training camp.

Doubt it.

Deberg_1990
05-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Schefter says don't look for Bowe and the Chiefs to agree on a long term contract any time soon and look forward to Bowe missing a lot of time this offseason, possibly training camp. "Could" go further than training camp.

Doubt it.

Bowe misses training camp? Oh noes!!
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
NFL32?

NFLN Thing? Segment in Total Access? What is this?

Tribal Warfare

Doubt it.

This reeks of getting money insurance from making acrobatic catches with the ball being thrown by Mr. Matt Cassel.

Tribal Warfare
NFL32?

NFLN Thing? Segment in Total Access? What is this?

a show on ESPN 2

Johnny Vegas
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Peyton Manning

Brett Favre

ModSocks
05-15-2012, 04:58 PM
a show on ESPN 2

Fuck, do they re-air it the same day, ala NFLN?

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Bowe misses training camp? Oh noes!!
Posted via Mobile Device

My thoughts exactly. I'm not concerned about any sort of QB/WR chemistry being messed with while he's out because even when they have a full offseason together it looks like Cassel was just signed off the street. Bowe probably takes yoga for all the twisting and curving he has to do to adjust for Cassel's ducks.

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Fuck, do they re-air it the same day, ala NFLN?

No, it seems that it only airs at 5pm CT Monday- Friday

ModSocks
05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
No, it seems that it only airs at 5pm CT Monday- Friday

Damn it. Thanks though

Deberg_1990
05-15-2012, 05:02 PM
My thoughts exactly. I'm not concerned about any sort of QB/WR chemistry being messed with while he's out because even when they have a full offseason together it looks like Cassel was just signed off the street. Bowe probably takes yoga for all the twisting and curving he has to do to adjust for Cassel's ducks.

I've always believed pres season and training camp are over rated and overhyped. Most definately for veterans. It's just another way for the NFL to make more money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Damn it. Thanks though

You'll probably be able to find the segment on youtube probably. It's a pretty cool show, IMO. At least for the dog days of the offseason. They fish for stuff but hey it's football.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I've always believed pres season and training camp are over rated and overhyped. Most definately for veterans. It's just another way for the NFL to make more money.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. Remember when Tony G. held out the whole offseason, training camp and preseason in 02? He had 5 catches for 87yds and a TD in the first game vs. the Browns. That was the miracle game. TAIT FOR THE WIN!!!

BossChief
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Romeo Crennel has completely OWNED Peyton Manning when his defenses face him.

Even in Cleveland his defense owned him.

It's like playing poker against a guy you know all the tells on.

Flowers can try to backtrack because he doesn't want it to get overblown, but I bet he isn't worried about facing Manning.

Mile High Mania
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Flowers can try to backtrack because he doesn't want it to get overblown, but I bet he isn't worried about facing Manning.

Ah well... it was a fun dream while it lasted... thanks for setting us straight.

BossChief
05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Ah well... it was a fun dream while it lasted... thanks for setting us straight.

Previous performance isn't always the ultimate indicator, but Romeos defenses have caused Peyton to have his worst games of the year every time he faces him.

Peyton hasn't played in over a year.
His throwing arm has muscle issues
He is old
His teammates are all learning a new offense

Lots of solid reasoning behind thinking we will fare very well against Peyton in our two matchups this year.

vailpass
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Previous performance isn't always the ultimate indicator, but Romeos defenses have caused Peyton to have his worst games of the year every time he faces him.

Peyton hasn't played in over a year.
His throwing arm has muscle issues
He is old
His teammates are all learning a new offense

Lots of solid reasoning behind thinking we will fare very well against Peyton in our two matchups this year.

Cassell
Daboll
Cassell

Need I go on?

Quesadilla Joe
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM

The Denver Broncos have completely owned the New England Patriots the past 10 years . They are the only team Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat have a losing record against. Well, the Cheatriots obliterated the Donks in the two games they played last year.

Jerm
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Love Flowers' confidence in himself and our D...exactly why I got the 24 on the back of my jersey for this season.

BossChief
05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Cassell
Daboll
Cassell

Need I go on?

Cassel won't be the starter by then.

Tribal Warfare
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM

In Stanzi we trust

Chiefs Pantalones
05-15-2012, 06:27 PM
IMO, we are set besides QB, at least as far as starters are concerned. Just like last year and with every team in the league, this season's outcome depends on QB.

Chief Roundup
05-15-2012, 06:37 PM

Dreams, Hope, and Faith.