PDA

View Full Version : Music Live tonight at the Record Bar...Come on out KC!!

talastan
05-17-2012, 07:11 PM
My band will be in town tonight live at the Record Bar. If you are looking for something to do tonight come on out. We'll also be in Columbia tomorrow night. I need some love from the Planet. :p

Truett and the Traitors Live! 9pm. @ the Record Bar!!!
w/ special guests

My Rotten Self
Local Band TBA.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Would it kill ya to play a little Foghat?

talastan
05-17-2012, 07:57 PM
No but we will be playing a little bit of Beatles, Yardbirds, and Hollies. :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
No but we will be playing a little bit of Beatles, Yardbirds, and Hollies. :p

You can't go wrong with the Hollies. You guys do any original stuff?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Looked at your website. Which one are you? I'll listen to some of your stuff later... listening to something else at the minute.

Since you play in the KC/Lawrence are have you heard of a band called Jolly Roger?

talastan
05-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm the drummer. We are from Springfield and in town for just tonight. I have heard of Jolly Roger but haven't heard them.

NewChief
05-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Looked at your website. Which one are you? I'll listen to some of your stuff later... listening to something else at the minute.

Since you play in the KC/Lawrence are have you heard of a band called Jolly Roger?

Jesus. Do you even have to ask? He's a planeteer. He's the bald one (not sporting his regulation goatee, though).

Love,
A fellow bald bastard.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm the drummer. We are from Springfield and in town for just tonight. I have heard of Jolly Roger but haven't heard them.

Drummers are always the coolest guy in the band. My brother is the singer for Jolly Roger. They're based out of Lawrence and play there and Topeka a lot. Played at Uptown Theatre a few times, the Metal for Mutts show a few times and play fairly regularly at a bar on Broadway in KC... damn name is escaping me now and I've been there several times... ugh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Jesus. Do you even have to ask? He's a planeteer. He's the bald one (not sporting his regulation goatee, though).

Love,
A fellow bald bastard.

He's actually the hairy one.

:)

Bowser
05-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Drummers are always the coolest guy in the band. My brother is the singer for Jolly Roger. They're based out of Lawrence and play there and Topeka a lot. Played at Uptown Theatre a few times, the Metal for Mutts show a few times and play fairly regularly at a bar on Broadway in KC... damn name is escaping me now and I've been there several times... ugh.

Hurricane. Or what was the Hurricane. The new name escapes me at this second....

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Hurricane. Or what was the Hurricane. The new name escapes me at this second....

That's not it... unless it's changed. Sent my bro a text and asked.

talastan
05-17-2012, 08:29 PM

Love,
A fellow bald bastard.

ROFL Thanks NewChief. I'm the bald one most definitely. As for your bro's band Dr. noon, I hope he enjoys his music. Maybe we can hook up for a show together sometime, though I don't know how our retro sixties sound will go with his group. :)

Bowser

The Riot Room

NewChief
He's actually the hairy one.

There are, evidently, two different drummers. One has long flowing locks. The other looks like he posts on Chiefsplanet. I'm guessing talastan is the latter.

talastan
05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
There are, evidently, two different drummers. One has long flowing locks. The other looks like he posts on Chiefsplanet. I'm guessing talastan is the latter.

As I said above I'm the bald one. The hairy one is Adam our now Lead guitarist. We needed him on Guitar so I joined the band about three years ago.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:32 PM
The Riot Room

They've played there too... I know that name. Still not the one I'm trying to think of. For some reason the word dog is popping in my mind as part of the name. Probably not even close heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:33 PM
As I said above I'm the bald one. The hairy one is Adam our now Lead guitarist. We needed him on Guitar so I joined the band about three years ago.

Oh. Well thats nice too.

:D

talastan
05-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh. Well thats nice too.

:D

I used to have long flowing locks as well, how do you think I went bald? LMAO :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-17-2012, 08:37 PM
ROFL Thanks NewChief. I'm the bald one most definitely. As for your bro's band Dr. noon, I hope he enjoys his music. Maybe we can hook up for a show together sometime, though I don't know how our retro sixties sound will go with his group. :)

They play mostly original metal/hard rock but they've played with a lot of different kinds of bands. My brother Matt loves hooking up shows with different people and styles. He's very into the local/regional music scene and is very open minded about music. Loves a little of everything. If it was the right place and time he'd probably love to play with you. Once it's late and people are drunk they don't seem to mind radically different styles too much heh.

Bowser
05-17-2012, 08:39 PM
I used to have long flowing locks as well, how do you think I went bald? LMAO :p

You were punished for your 80's mullet, just as I have been.

talastan
05-17-2012, 08:55 PM
You were punished for your 80's mullet, just as I have been.

ROFL

Pablo
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM
They've played there too... I know that name. Still not the one I'm trying to think of. For some reason the word dog is popping in my mind as part of the name. Probably not even close heh.

Velvet Dog maybe? They have a huge outdoor patio.

talastan
05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=1137

Where are you all at? :shrug:

Phobia
05-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Gonna need more than a couple hours notice next time, bub.

Demonpenz
05-17-2012, 10:36 PM
play the nascar pinball machine.

Demonpenz
05-17-2012, 10:37 PM

Davey's uptown?

In58men
05-17-2012, 11:05 PM
play the nascar pinball machine.

And where in the fuck is that at?

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Velvet Dog maybe? They have a huge outdoor patio.

I had the wrong street. It's on Main, not Broadway... my bad. Daveys Uptown. A dive to be sure but fun times have been had. Bro said they've been at The Velvet Dog too so that must have been why it was in my mind even though I've never even been there heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Davey's uptown?

ding ding ding!

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:16 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=1137

Where are you all at? :shrug:

Illinois

Demonpenz
05-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Nascar pinball machine should be at the entrance of Record Bar. According to Pinball.com it is one of 30 Nascar Pinball games listed in the area, the next closest one is The Taco-Jam Tent in atchison Ks

Valiant
05-18-2012, 08:30 AM
That's not it... unless it's changed. Sent my bro a text and asked.

Riot room

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Riot room

Daveys Uptown.... a few posts up.

luv
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Daveys Uptown.... a few posts up.

Shouldn't you be at work right now? :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Shouldn't you be at work right now? :p

I am love. I mean luv. I peruse CP and fb once I'm off the air and while my computer is otherwise busy generating the next day/days playlist... so I'm actually getting stuff done too while having a little decompress time.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 08:36 AM
I had the wrong street. It's on Main, not Broadway... my bad. Daveys Uptown. A dive to be sure but fun times have been had. Bro said they've been at The Velvet Dog too so that must have been why it was in my mind even though I've never even been there heh.

I like that place. The LIITs will knock you on your ass... probably the best in the city (even though it's been at least a year since I've been there).

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:37 AM
I like that place. The LIITs will knock you on your ass... probably the best in the city (even though it's been at least a year since I've been there).

You like Daveys or Velvet Dog?

Simply Red
05-18-2012, 08:40 AM
For some reason the word dog is popping in my mind as part of the name. Probably not even close heh.

http://i.imgur.com/65pwP.png (http://imgur.com/65pwP)

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 08:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/65pwP.png (http://imgur.com/65pwP)

That's one of my favorite pics. Makes me laugh every damn time. I'm obviously a moron.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
You like Daveys or Velvet Dog?

I was talking about Davey's... I think I've been to Velvet Dog once or twice, and it was cool, too. I think the last time I went to Davey's they had a $20 cover for NYE, so we left... I know you gotta pay the band, but was still kind of turned off by a dive bar that had a cover at least twice as much as bars on the Plaza, especially since it was already close to 1am.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I was talking about Davey's... I think I've been to Velvet Dog once or twice, and it was cool, too. I think the last time I went to Davey's they had a $20 cover for NYE, so we left... I know you gotta pay the band, but was still kind of turned off by a dive bar that had a cover at least twice as much as bars on the Plaza, especially since it was already close to 1am.

Yeah no shit on that one. If you want to charge me $20 at least scrub the floor sometime this year.

Chief Roundup
05-18-2012, 10:42 AM

LIIT What does that stand for?

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Long Island Iced Tea... at Davey's, it's no fru-fru drink with a couple of shots worth of liquor followed by 12oz of Sprite and a splash of Coke, like you'll find at the Power & Light District or most restaurants around KC. I was skeptical the first time the bartender told me I'd be done after a couple... but, he was right, heh.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 10:54 AM

I wondered that too but I didn't want to seem uncool. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 10:57 AM
http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-37408373-30764/the-more-you-know.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 10:58 AM
http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-37408373-30764/the-more-you-know.jpg

I find that you're generally not only the smartest but also the most handsome of all planet members.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
I find that you're generally not only the smartest but also the most handsome of all planet members.

You must be thinking of Bearcar...

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
You must be thinking of Bearcar...

fuck. I always get you two mixed up.