PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pressure is on Matt Cassel to lead Chiefs back to playoffs

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Pressure is on Matt Cassel to lead Chiefs back to playoffs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82923c36/article/pressure-is-on-matt-cassel-to-lead-chiefs-back-to-playoffs)
By Steve Wyche NFL Network

KANSAS CITY -- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel is well-known in NFL circles as a gym rat. He's taking his off-field preparation to another level this offseason, though.

With recently hired offensive coordinator Brian Daboll installing a new system, Cassel has enlisted the kind of help not used by many NFL quarterbacks.

"My wife and I use flash cards," Cassel said, smiling but serious.

Cassel said he and other offensive players have also gone to work on the new offense, particularly the passing game, at area high schools, because rules in the new collective bargaining agreement limit the time they can spend at team facilities.

"In terms of formation and protections, I've had to get up to speed on a lot of different terminology I haven't used before," Cassel said. "It's been fun. It's allowed me to get back in the book, be like a rookie again. It's a different mentality than in the past."

Cassel and the Chiefs are in the no-more-excuses phase of their football existence. Though Cassel is a cool customer, the pressure is on. He has to win. He's been there three seasons and is the question mark on a team that's pretty stocked with talent and playing in a division -- and conference, for that matter -- that can be won.

Cassel is back from a broken hand that ended his 2011 season with six games remaining. Had he stayed healthy, Kansas City could have won the AFC West, which was ultimately claimed by the 8-8 Denver Broncos. The Chiefs finished last at 7-9, hardly a disaster for a team that also lost running back Jamaal Charles, safety Eric Berry and tight end Tony Moeaki to knee injuries before getting into the guts of the schedule -- and also went through a head-coaching change.

Still, questions surround Cassel's worthiness. He's averaged 198.8 yards passing per game in three seasons as the Chiefs' starter in a run-based offense, throwing 53 touchdown passes and 32 interceptions. Kansas City is 18-21 in games he's started, 14-10 the past two seasons.

Those numbers aren't awful, but they put him below the AFC West's other quarterbacks -- Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers), Carson Palmer (Oakland Raiders) and Peyton Manning (Denver). Cassel's supporters, particularly Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, feel Cassel belongs in that crowd. So does Cassel.

"What's the goal?" asked Pioli, who brought Cassel with him when he left the New England Patriots for the Chiefs in 2009, signing Cassel to a six-year deal worth up to $63 million. "Are you worried about who you are sending to the Pro Bowl or are you concerned about winning championships? Matt is good enough to win a championship with. I was with Matt in an 11-win season in New England, a 10-win season [in Kansas City] in 2010.

"I hear a lot of noise. I don't understand it. I don't necessarily get it. He's a competitor and he's a winner. He's had production. There are good quarterbacks in this division. It takes teams to win a division. It takes teams to win a championship."

It also takes a quarterback. The Indianapolis Colts illustrated that truth last season, going 2-14 when Manning had to miss the entire campaign after having multiple neck surgeries. It's an unavoidable fact, regardless of the faith and confidence the Chiefs have in Cassel.

Coach Romeo Crennel acknowledged as much.

"Matt has shown that he is capable of taking us to a division championship. He did it two years ago," Crennel said. "That shows me that he is capable. What we have to do, we have to get him to be consistent. If he's consistent, we're going to win. It's a quarterback-driven league, and if the quarterback plays well, the team has a chance to play well.

"When you look at [Cassel's] record, there have been some ups and downs. That's what people see. They see he's won some but also see he hasn't won some. He's capable. We have to make sure we develop that consistency."

Cassel knows now is the time. Stud wide receiver Dwayne Bowe is not working out with the team while he tries to broker a long-term contract, but Pioli and Crennel have surrounded Cassel with more front-line talent and secondary depth then he's ever had in Kansas City.

Charles and Moeaki are expected to be back by Week 1, according to Pioli. Running back Peyton Hillis was signed in free agency; packages already have been drawn up that will put Hillis, Charles and fellow running back Dexter McCluster on the field at the same time. Tight end Kevin Boss was added so the team can run more two-tight-end sets.

Second-year wideout Jonathan Baldwin, last year's first-round pick, will be expected to improve on his production and join with Steve Breaston in complementing Bowe.

Cassel, more than anyone, is aware that the pieces are in place.

"You learn, across the league, with very successful quarterbacks, nobody does it by themselves," Cassel said. "While there's no doubt (that) at the quarterback position, you're supposed to perform at your best with two minutes to go and the game is on the line, you're not doing it alone. Tom Brady is not doing it by himself (in New England). He's got Wes Welker, those tight ends and other receivers. Same thing with (New Orleans Saints quarterback) Drew Brees and all that he has.

"With everything that went on last season, we were one game away. That tells me there's a lot of promise and I know there's a lot of optimism."

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 03:09 AM
What Pioli & Crennel fail to recognize is that we won games despite Matt Cassel. His play on the field suggest he sucks. Give credit where it is do and that was from the running game provided by Jamaal Charles. Iirc we got our ass kicked with Cassel at QB in the playoffs handed to us by the Ravens. We also had our asses handed to us on numerous ocations last year & the Miami game had to be the utmost embarrassing game I have ever watched.

So wtf good is Cassel?

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2012, 03:17 AM
Cassel, more than anyone, is aware that the pieces are in place.
"You learn, across the league, with very successful quarterbacks, nobody does it by themselves," Cassel said. "While there's no doubt (that) at the quarterback position, you're supposed to perform at your best with two minutes to go and the game is on the line, you're not doing it alone. Tom Brady is not doing it by himself (in New England). He's got Wes Welker, those tight ends and other receivers. Same thing with (New Orleans Saints quarterback) Drew Brees and all that he has.

So he can't throw it and catch it too right. Yep, the "Don't blame me if I suck" response.

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Oh & lol at all you Mcluster haters. They are going find ways to utilize him in this offense and get the best out of him. He may even be a decoy some plays but the defense will have to account for him on the field giving another Chief the opportunity to make a big play.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Here's hoping the pressure crushes him like a tin can at 50,000 feet.

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 03:33 AM
Damn Matt Cassel just kills a wet dream. The team is ready for glory days but damn just can't get past having Matt Cassel at QB. Fuck fuck fuck. He is the one guy to hold us back from anything grandure like the fucking Super Bowl. He puts the suck in the word suck.

We got the return of Jamaal Charles, Erik Berry, Tony Moeaki that is something to get excited about but then Matt Casseled. Fuck

Guess can look forward to D Bowe make circus catches for us all to go ooohh Ahhhh htfhdt?

What I'm trying to say is Matt Cassel SUCKS. fuck you Pioli fuck you.

the Talking Can
05-18-2012, 03:35 AM
"What we have to do, we have to get him to be consistent"

yeah, that's usually a problem with young QBs...I'm sure he'll figure it out before he's 25

"Matt is good enough to win a championship with. I was with Matt in an 11-win season in New England"

ha ha ha...4 years wasted on a piece of shit QB because of Pioli...and Cassel isn't going anywhere

good job scott

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 03:43 AM
"What we have to do, we have to get him to be consistent"

yeah, that's usually a problem with young QBs...I'm sure he'll figure it out before he's 25

"Matt is good enough to win a championship with. I was with Matt in an 11-win season in New England"
ha ha ha...4 years wasted on a piece of shit QB because of Pioli...and Cassel isn't going anywhere

good job scott

Pioli said this. GM of the KC Chiefs Scott Pioli said this. Seriously folks that's our GM Scott Pioli.

05-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Cassel? Playoffs? What?

DBOSHO
05-18-2012, 04:12 AM
"When you look at [Cassel's] record, there have been some ups and downs. That's what people see. They see he's won some but also see he hasn't won some. He's capable. We have to make sure we develop that consistency."

Its really sad that this is being said about a 29 year old quarterback.

DBOSHO
05-18-2012, 04:17 AM
I think the thing i hate worst about cassel is his long ass wind up and that stupid 2-3 steps he has to take to throw a decent ball. I watch other quarterbacks play that can throw a better fastball by seemingly just moving their arm and i get sad.

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 04:20 AM
GoChiefs can you make a gif of when Cassel "broke" his hand? I could not tell how the hell it got broke in the first place. Did his hand hit a helmet or the ground? I don't recal now but at the time i don't remember his hand gettings smashed.

BossChief
05-18-2012, 04:21 AM
6 games

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 04:27 AM
6 games

That Stanzi should of played. What was the point to bring in Orton? What a waist.

BossChief
05-18-2012, 04:29 AM
That Stanzi should of played. What was the point to bring in Orton? What a waist.
Yeah, he did have a weight problem.

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah, he. Did have a weight problem.

LMAO I caught that after I posted it. Hey it's been a while since someone pointed out a spelling eror.

Rasputin
05-18-2012, 04:40 AM
See there not even going have open competiton for the QB spot. It's going be a battle for the back up between Stanzi and Quinn. They can both out preform Cassel and it wont matter, Cassel will be the guy. ****ing bull shit.

2bikemike
05-18-2012, 05:15 AM
As much as Cassel has sucked in the past we should be in for a real treat this year while he learns a new system. His wife should resort to shoving those flash cards up his ass if he misses one.

Aries Walker
05-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Ah, flash cards. They worked well for me too, in the fifth grade.

JD10367
05-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Pressure is on Matt Cassel to lead Chiefs back to playoffs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82923c36/article/pressure-is-on-matt-cassel-to-lead-chiefs-back-to-playoffs)
By Steve Wyche NFL Network

Obvious Reporter Is Obvious
By JD10367, ChiefsPlanet Network

Cassel sucks.

Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning.

(c) 2012

Micjones
05-18-2012, 06:25 AM
"Matt Cassel is well-known in NFL circles as a gym rat..."
:spock:

"My wife and I use flash cards..."
:facepalm:

"With everything that went on last season, we were one game away. That tells me there's a lot of promise and I know there's a lot of optimism."
:shake:

Was this written by The Onion?

Easy 6
05-18-2012, 06:29 AM
'I hear a lot of noise...' - you're going to hear a lot more if your boy hasnt undergone a complete transformation, scotty.

donkhater
05-18-2012, 06:34 AM
For all the bashing that Cassel gets on this board (and I'm not saying it is undeserved), the Chiefs very well could have won the division with a 9-7 record last year had he stayed healthy. That's 9-7 against a tougher schedule than 2010 (when they went 10-6) and without Berry, Charles, and Moeaki.

I'm not saying an upgrade isn't needed, but he is good enough to get the team to the playoffs. But it won't likely get much further than that.

PhillyChiefFan
05-18-2012, 06:49 AM
:spock:

:facepalm:

:shake:

Was this written by The Onion?

ROFL Those were my EXACT reactions

Micjones
05-18-2012, 06:51 AM
ROFL Those were my EXACT reactions

I'm not sure which of the first two quotes is more ridiculous.

notorious
05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Damn, KC Tattoo is starting to rival my hatred of Cassel's QBing.

durtyrute
05-18-2012, 07:15 AM
I think the thing i hate worst about cassel is his long ass wind up and that stupid 2-3 steps he has to take to throw a decent ball. I watch other quarterbacks play that can throw a better fastball by seemingly just moving their arm and i get sad.

This, OH MY FUCKING @##$%# THIS. That wind up shit drives me nuts. It would be one thing if it was only for a long long pass, but that shit is just for a 10 yard out.

I must rep you

OnTheWarpath15
05-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I am so sick of hearing "good enough" come out of Pioli's mouth when talking about Cassel.

He might as well be saying, "we have the bare minimum you need at the position to have a chance to win a division and potentially win a playoff game."

Coogs
05-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Not that it is a big deal, but I am pretty sure his record is 18-22. My guess is they are not including the playoff game against the Ravens.

okcchief
05-18-2012, 07:40 AM
If he was good enough they wouldn't have publicly announced interest in Peyton Manning.

BossChief
05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
If he was good enough they wouldn't have publicly announced interest in Peyton Manning.

They also made comments at the combine about moving up for RG3 while also working out the top 3 qbs at the combine, prodays and did a private workout with Tannehill.

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-18-2012, 08:03 AM
We all bitch about Cassel but other than winning the Manning sweepstakes who is there to replace him with.
I'm really feeling better about this season if we can just stay fucking healthy.

Coogs
05-18-2012, 08:04 AM

The thing(s) I hate the worst, no particular order...

1. He can not win without a running game.

2. Our offensive line looks pretty pedestrian with Cassel. They looked like 5 pro bowlers with Orton back there in both pass protection and run blocking.

3. Orton threw for 300 yards (I know, 299 in one of them) his first two outings, and beat a undefeated playoff team... all with a team he hardly knew, much less had any chemistry with.

the Talking Can
05-18-2012, 08:07 AM

Radar Chief
05-18-2012, 08:19 AM
The thing(s) I hate the worst, no particular order...

1. He can not win without a running game.

2. Our offensive line looks pretty pedestrian with Cassel. They looked like 5 pro bowlers with Orton back there in both pass protection and run blocking.

3. Orton threw for 300 yards (I know, 299 in one of them) his first two outings, and beat a undefeated playoff team... all with a team he hardly knew, much less had any chemistry with.

That’s because defenses play Cassel with no respect for his ability to get the ball down the field.
With Orton in there they had to show at least some respect for his arm and couldn’t just let the linebackers and a safety or two loiter around the line of scrimmage looking for an opportunity to zone blitz.

Edit: since I’m on a rant.
Cassel doesn’t know the plays. He shows no awareness or anticipation for where his receivers are supposed to be. If he can’t see a receiver getting open he doesn’t throw the ball, which is part of why defenses are clogging the LOS against him.
With Charles back and if Daboll can work the play action to hide Cassel’s weaknesses like Weis did he won’t look as bad as when Haley tried to put the entire offense on Cassel’s arm.

HemiEd
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM
For all the bashing that Cassel gets on this board (and I'm not saying it is undeserved), the Chiefs very well could have won the division with a 9-7 record last year had he stayed healthy. That's 9-7 against a tougher schedule than 2010 (when they went 10-6) and without Berry, Charles, and Moeaki.

I'm not saying an upgrade isn't needed, but he is good enough to get the team to the playoffs. But it won't likely get much further than that.

What people are forgetting, the Palko "hail mary" against the Bears and the two wins by Orton.

This team doesn't get a smell with Cassel playing the full season.

BoneKrusher
05-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Pressure is on Matt Cassel to lead Chiefs back to playoffs

we are so ****ed.

boogblaster
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
We all bitch about Cassel but other than winning the Manning sweepstakes who is there to replace him with.
I'm really feeling better about this season if we can just stay ****ing healthy.

yup ima in .. that said .. he needs alot of support from the running game and the defense .....

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Obvious Reporter Is Obvious
By JD10367, ChiefsPlanet Network

Cassel sucks.

Peyton Manning Peyton Manning Peyton Manning.

(c) 2012

GIVE THIS MAN A PULITZER!

Dante84
05-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Charles and Moeaki are expected to be back by Week 1, according to Pioli. Running back Peyton Hillis was signed in free agency; packages already have been drawn up that will put Hillis, Charles and fellow running back Dexter McCluster on the field at the same time. Tight end Kevin Boss was added so the team can run more two-tight-end sets.

Okay, what's this look like? What kind of play do you run from this set? It would be tough for a Defense to focus their efforts on these dudes, plus I assume Bowe is on the field at the same time... or Moeaki.

Rausch
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM

And if Orton was starting all last year we probably would have won a playoff game. We'd just beaten Denver (who did win a playoff game) and we almost beat the Steelers with Tyler fucking Palko.

When you say "if only Orton would have started more" you don't have a QB that can win a playoff game...

BoneKrusher
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
yup ima in .. that said .. he needs alot of support from the running game and the defense .....

he needs a new processor so he can process the info when he goes to the line.

Frankie
05-18-2012, 09:13 AM
This is an interesting title for a thread/article. With the personnel on this team anything short of playoffs has to be considered a Cassel failure. Part of me (a very small part) wants us to miss the playoffs under him so we can once and for all move on from him. :(

themanwithnoname
05-18-2012, 09:13 AM
"It's been fun. It's allowed me to get back in the book, be like a rookie again. It's a different mentality than in the past."

JFC...

Thig Lyfe
05-18-2012, 09:15 AM
JFC...

lol

Matt Cassel: The Perpetual Rookie

listopencil
05-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/scott-pioli-doesnt-like-it-when-you-question-his-draft

durtyrute
05-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/scott-pioli-doesnt-like-it-when-you-question-his-draft

Hey Kevin, I normally hate your guts, but good work.

OnTheWarpath15
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Okay, what's this look like? What kind of play do you run from this set? It would be tough for a Defense to focus their efforts on these dudes, plus I assume Bowe is on the field at the same time... or Moeaki.

You're taking good players off the field, that's for sure.

You're looking at those 3, Cassel and at least 5 OL. That's 9 of your 11.

Can't see having 3 RB's on the field and not having at least 1 TE.

So those 9, Bowe and maybe Moeaki.

Not a fan.

Who would you rather have on the field, Hillis and Dex, or Breaston/Baldwin or Breaston/Boss?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Hey, we're finally in the "no more excuses" mode....:rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh great, another Cassel thread.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
"With everything that went on last season, we were one game away..."

LMAO

Hell, it's said here so often each season... who cares if he's 0-3 and has been outscored 97-19 in the past two seasons vs playoff teams... let's just get there, right? :facepalm:

Bowser
05-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I am so sick of hearing "good enough" come out of Pioli's mouth when talking about Cassel.

He might as well be saying, "we have the bare minimum you need at the position to have a chance to win a division and potentially win a playoff game."Exactly this.

As has been said before, Cassel seemilgly has everything you could hope for in a starting quarterback, except the ability to read defenses and throw a consistantly good ball. Pioli HAS to know this, but has tied his fortunes to the guy, for whatever reasons. Ego, stubborness, blindness to a guy he likes, all the above...... whatever.

The worst thing (one of, anyway) that could happen for Cassel personally is to go down to injuryearly, and have either Quinn and Stanzi come in and light it up. That will be the death knell. SHOULD HAVE BEEN the death knell when Orton came in played so well in limited time with the team last season.

You're taking good players off the field, that's for sure.

You're looking at those 3, Cassel and at least 5 OL. That's 9 of your 11.

Can't see having 3 RB's on the field and not having at least 1 TE.

So those 9, Bowe and maybe Moeaki.

Not a fan.

Who would you rather have on the field, Hillis and Dex, or Breaston/Baldwin or Breaston/Boss?

I can see those three on the field at the same time in goalline or short yardage sets. A quick flip to McCluster going in motion, or just use him as a decoy. In those situations, provided he is back 100%, you have to give it to the guy that averaged over 6 yards a carry for an entire season, hopefully.

Run them out there on 2nd and 8, and I'll be less than thrilled.

Radar Chief
05-18-2012, 10:14 AM
lol

Matt Cassel: The Perpetual Rookie

I just want to know how I can get in on this gig of getting paid millions to play a game I was never good enough for a starting position all the way up to the professional level.

Bowser
05-18-2012, 10:16 AM
LMAO

Hell, it's said here so often each season... who cares if he's 0-3 and has been outscored 97-19 in the past two seasons vs playoff teams... let's just get there, right? :facepalm:

It's maddening.

The worst part of it is that it's not the fans that have become this over the years of not winning a playoff game, but the front office.

It makes me just want to stick to my guns by not dropping a dime of my money out there that much more.

Coogs
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
The worst thing (one of, anyway) that could happen for Cassel personally is to go down to injuryearly, and have either Quinn and Stanzi come in and light it up. That will be the death knell. SHOULD HAVE BEEN the death knell when Orton came in played so well in limited time with the team last season.

:clap:

Bowser
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I just want to know how I can get in on this gig of getting paid millions to play a game I was never good enough for a starting position all the way up to the professional level.

And by riding the pine all the way through college, too! Except for the occasional stint on special teams.

Maybe they're using the Marcus Allen logic - "All those years of not taking a pounding at USC makes him that much fresher!"

Chief Roundup
05-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Good. The Pressure is on. Get it done or move on.

OnTheWarpath15
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
The pressure should have been there from the day he was acquired.

We've spent a high R2 pick, over $60M and 4 years wasting the surrounding talent.

To say the pressure is just now on Cassel is ridiculous.

Bearcat
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
It's maddening.

The worst part of it is that it's not the fans that have become this over the years of not winning a playoff game, but the front office.

It makes me just want to stick to my guns by not dropping a dime of my money out there that much more.

Yep... no more trips to the factory of sadness until they get their shit together and beat a few playoff teams.... no more wasting money on potential.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
The pressure should have been there from the day he was acquired.

We've spent a high R2 pick, over $60M and 4 years wasting the surrounding talent.

To say the pressure is just now on Cassel is ridiculous.

C'mon man. We had to wait for him to develop. He's only 29...

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM

30, when the season starts.

OnTheWarpath15
05-18-2012, 11:07 AM

LMAO

It's a process.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 11:13 AM
30, when the season starts.

Cool. Maybe we'll get another decade of high-quality play from him.

I'm stoked...

ThaVirus
05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Matt Cassel takes a lot of shit on this board and I normally steer clear of the pile-on. With that said, I have zero faith in his abilities. Lost any I may have had after that playoff loss to the Ravens. Jamaal Charles was going the fuck off and we were STEAMROLLING them with the run game. If I remember correctly, we had over 100 yards on the ground barely into the 2nd quarter (JC had like 90 of them). I'm about 23% sure I could have gone in there and lead us to another TD or two with that effective of a ground game and he fucking dropped the ball in a big way. It's making me sick just thinking about it.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2012, 11:31 AM
ROFL Lead

loochy
05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_nRlNuE0rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Can we get a larger version of the facepalm smiley?

Bowser
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_nRlNuE0rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As a Chiefs fan, I've seen a ton of shit plays from our QB's over the years, but that has to have been hands down the most awful. IIRC, had we gone down and scored on that drive, we would have won the game?

The hat thing was just the icing on the proverbial pooptaco. :facepalm:

loochy
05-18-2012, 11:37 AM
That was just sooo laughably bad that just......:shrug:

Bump
05-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Casshole didn't lead anybody to the ****ing playoffs. Jamaal Charles and his 6.2 ypc led us there

Wallcrawler
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM

/facepalm

Do you think he actually makes it through a day without shitting in his pants?

Me neither.

TEX
05-18-2012, 12:17 PM

BUT, I'm wondering IF he uses them in front of his BIG SCREEN so he can simulate a pass rush...:hmmm:

listopencil
05-18-2012, 12:56 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I've seen a ton of shit plays from our QB's over the years, but that has to have been hands down the most awful. IIRC, had we gone down and scored on that drive, we would have won the game?

The hat thing was just the icing on the proverbial pooptaco. :facepalm:

Well, you're down by three with fifty five second on the clock. You have possession at your opponent's forty five yard line. I didn't see down-and-distance on that replay bit I imagine that the announcers would have mentioned it if that was a third down play. So...yeah. Cassel fucked you guys hard.

BoneKrusher
05-18-2012, 01:03 PM

Pioli defending that fucker as the starting QB is beyond me.

whoman69
05-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Getting to the playoffs isn't enough. Adding to our record six consecutive playoff losses is only more reason to get rid of Cassel. This is a franchise that has been waiting over 40 years for a championship.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, you're down by three with fifty five second on the clock. You have possession at your opponent's forty five yard line. I didn't see down-and-distance on that replay bit I imagine that the announcers would have mentioned it if that was a third down play. So...yeah. Cassel fucked you guys hard.

I believe it was a first down play.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I think we're fucked.

Okie_Apparition
05-18-2012, 07:05 PM
We owe Todd Haley a big thank you
If not for phonegate, Pioli would still be locked away in his own little world
instead of being forced to listen to the media & fan's POV

DBOSHO
05-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Its either gonna take pioli to get fired or matt to get hurt again and have whoever comes in to put up aaron rodgers numbers for us to see the end of cassel. Either way, we're looking at another wasted prime year of our other players.

Setsuna
05-18-2012, 08:47 PM

Yallz gonns be runnin da option like dat tebow had did in dungver.....der

Ace Gunner
05-18-2012, 09:56 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/381/300/cassel-haley-300x167_crop_340x234.jpg?1317585128

J Diddy
05-18-2012, 10:08 PM
We owe Todd Haley a big thank you
If not for phonegate, Pioli would still be locked away in his own little world
instead of being forced to listen to the media & fan's POV

You been snorting teh weed again, jr?

Okie_Apparition
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/Okie_Apparition/thumbnailCADB88TS.jpg

J Diddy
05-18-2012, 10:36 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/Okie_Apparition/thumbnailCADB88TS.jpg

Because of you I want to go blind.

Okie_Apparition
05-18-2012, 10:39 PM
WTMI

suzzer99
05-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Because of you I want to go blind.

Wish granted. That is the last image you ever see.

J Diddy
05-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Wish granted. That is the last image you ever see.

I disagree.

There's a dog under your user name.

In58men
05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Cassel is going to a decent year, it's obvious. As much as I wanted Tannehill or Weeden, Cassel knows this is his last straw.

Rasputin
05-19-2012, 03:41 AM
The pressure is on Scott Pioli for Matt Cassel to win in the playoffs. There is no pressure on Matt Cassel he got paid he is what he is. Matt Cassel will give his best even though his best sucks he will give it his best so there isn't any pressure on him. The pressure is on Scott Pioli & Romeo Crennel to decide just how long there going let him play.

Blick
05-19-2012, 04:38 AM
The Charles/Hillis/McCluster package won't be used very much. It might not even be used at all. The way I picture it is in a standard 2 back set (let's say I-formation) with 2 WR's and a TE. Hillis and Charles will be in the backfield together with Hillis as the fullback. McCluster will be one of the receivers, go in motion, and they'll fake a reverse to him, or occasionally hand it off. It's really not a big deal. Every team in the league does something like it. It really doesn't "take good players off the field" any more than when we bring Copper in to block.

Pioli's comments piss me off. What a joke. I don't know when we will get rid of Cassel because I feel like the team will do well enough for Pioli and Co. to rationalize keeping him. "We were a game or two away"..."Matt just needs to be more consistent"...do those excuses have an expiration date? They can say that shit every year.

Pretty fucking frustrating.

Imon Yourside
05-19-2012, 06:12 AM
We've developed a new plan for Matt, it's codenamed Give up.

Rausch
05-19-2012, 06:25 AM
We've developed a new plan for Matt, it's codenamed Give up.

The main reason I like the Quinn signing is I think Romeo wants someone familiar on the roster when the hook comes out to pull Casshole from the stage.

Meaning Romeo doesn't have near the faith his comments might lead one to believe...

BossChief
05-19-2012, 09:54 AM
The main reason I like the Quinn signing is I think Romeo wants someone familiar on the roster when the hook comes out to pull Casshole from the stage.

Meaning Romeo doesn't have near the faith his comments might lead one to believe...
His comments at the combine were most telling about Cassel.

"Matt is our starter till we get another quarterback"

That's pretty much a direct quote.

Now it's just good soldier time.

Hammock Parties
05-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Hillis and Charles will be in the backfield together with Hillis as the fullback. McCluster will be one of the receivers, go in motion, and they'll fake a reverse to him, or occasionally hand it off.

What?

Why would you put McCluster on the field instead of Steve Breaston or Jonathan Baldwin or Tony Moeaki?

Answer: because you are a moron.

Rausch
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
His comments at the combine were most telling about Cassel.

"Matt is our starter till we get another quarterback"

That's Herm-speak-mumbo-jumbo.

If he would have said "Our 7th round draft pick FB is our starting FB until we get another one" would that statement hold any meaning?

No.

Rausch
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
What?

Why would you put McCluster on the field instead of Steve Breaston or Jonathan Baldwin or Tony Moeaki?

This...

Chiefs Pantalones
05-19-2012, 10:54 AM
What?

Yep. Terrible pick.

milkman
05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
This is a QB driven league, a fact acknowledged by Romeo Crennel in this article.

If your offense takes a 7 point per game hit when it loses it's top RB, then you should recognize the fact that your QB is not doing the driving.

Ace Gunner
05-19-2012, 11:23 AM
the thing is, we are doomed.

durtyrute
05-19-2012, 11:33 AM
With a coordinator in place and somewhat of a grasp on the offense Cassell will do fine, but the problem is, fine isn't good enough.

Thig Lyfe
05-19-2012, 11:34 AM
With a coordinator in place and somewhat of a grasp on the offense Cassell will do fine, but the problem is, fine isn't good enough.

He won't do fine. He sucks.

whoman69
05-19-2012, 12:38 PM
What?

Your hate for McCluster aside, he probably wouldn't be in for one of those. He would probably replace Hillis or Charles in a different formation from our standard set. You're just being obtuse.

Blick
05-19-2012, 03:21 PM
What?

GoChiefs post.

I Was just explaining how that package might be used since the question was brought up.

Let me repeat myself...

The Charles/Hillis/McCluster package won't be used very much. It might not even be used at all. The way I picture it is in a standard 2 back set (let's say I-formation) with 2 WR's and a TE.

Looks like I said Moeaki would be on the field.

It's really not a big deal. Every team in the league does something like it. It really doesn't "take good players off the field" any more than when we bring Copper in to block.

Why would you put in Copper instead of any of our other WR's?

I don't know. Coaches are dumb. But like I said, every team in the league does stuff like that. It's not a problem exclusive to KC.

Chicago is working on some sort of "special package" for Devin Hester on offense, despite the fact that he is worthless as an offensive player.

notorious
05-19-2012, 03:24 PM
He won't do fine. He sucks.

This.

05-19-2012, 06:07 PM

We would not have beat Green Bay.

whoman69
05-19-2012, 06:44 PM

You do realize he was 4-5 as the starter in the weakest part of our schedule with losses to Buffalo and Miami. What games does he win that Palko and Orton didn't? We don't beat NE or Pittsburg. We probably don't beat the Jets. No way we beat the Packers, so if he manages to pull out the Oakland game, he's at best still 7-9. What part of his 59.5% completion percentage with a 10-9 TD/INT ratio with 6.4 YPC instills this confidence in you? Maybe the 22 sacks he took in 9 games while the other QBs only took 12 in the remaining six. Maybe it was the sterling 12.5 points a game we were averaging with him under center.

Dayze
05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I heard the other day on the mid-day sports talk, Parkins (or whoever he is), saying that Cassel was good; thought he is in the top 15; he was good enough for a playoff shot etc

I sat there in the parking lot, instead of going in for my lunch, shaking my head. I literally out loud "Is this guy fucking retarded"?

Setsuna
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Also..for good measure...Cassel thinks he is an elite QB. There is no pressure BECAUSE he's elite. I wish Gabbert had that much misplaced confidence.

Dayze
05-19-2012, 07:27 PM
so, Cassel needs to get us to the playoffs......but not actually win in the playoffs.

awesome.

Fritz88
05-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Matt needs time.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
05-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Matt needs to retire.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

Rasputin
05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Matt needs to DIE.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

FBYP

Katie
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
This may be a stupid question, but has there ever been a quarterback comparable to Cassel who went on to have a successful season?

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 08:25 AM
This may be a stupid question, but has there ever been a quarterback comparable to Cassel who went on to have a successful season?

Define 'successful'

Chiefnj2
05-21-2012, 08:28 AM

Probably not. I can't think of a QB who was in a similar situation of not starting a single college game, to sitting on the bench for 3-4 years to going through 4 or 5 OC's in the next 4 years.

KC_Lee
05-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Define 'successful'

Does every Chiefs' QB that started under Marty count?