PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Copying DVD's you have that are copy protected?

synthesis2
05-18-2012, 08:16 PM
So I have several DVD's that are scratched pretty bad and want to make a copy so I can play them again without the screen freezing up etc.

The question I have is I know there are software companies that make programs so you can copy them on your hard drive and them back onto a DVD.

But is there a stand alone unit that can make a copy that isn't hooked to your computer that can bypass it so I can just put in in and make a copy without using my computer?

I'm sure someone knows of a unit that can do it.

Lex Luthor
05-18-2012, 08:32 PM
So I have several DVD's that are scratched pretty bad and want to make a copy so I can play them again without the screen freezing up etc.

The question I have is I know there are software companies that make programs so you can copy them on your hard drive and them back onto a DVD.

But is there a stand alone unit that can make a copy that isn't hooked to your computer that can bypass it so I can just put in in and make a copy without using my computer?

I'm sure someone knows of a unit that can do it.
Rather than attempting to copy your damaged DVDs, you could always just download the movies using Bit Torrents software.

Download and install the MicroTorrent software, then point your browser to Pirate Bay and search for the movies you have on DVD. If you set things up properly, when you click on "Download Torrent" for the movies as you find them on Pirate Bay, your MicroTorrent client will automatically begin downloading the movie.

Then burn new DVDs.

Use Google to find the actual URL for the Pirate Bay.

Mr. Laz
05-18-2012, 08:37 PM
DVD Decrypter
DVD shrink

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 08:38 PM
If they are scratched so badly that you cant play them, you're not going to be able to copy them.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 08:38 PM
DVD Decrypter
DVD shrink

2003 called and wants their software back.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 08:40 PM
DVD Fab is about the best out there.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Aleratec-DVD-Disc-Repair-Plus/dp/B0002A9SJ2

The Bad Guy
05-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I use DVD Shrink to create the files and then imgburn to put them on a disc. Pretty simple.

J Diddy
05-18-2012, 10:23 PM
2003 called and wants their software back.

still good software though

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
I use DVD Shrink to create the files and then imgburn to put them on a disc. Pretty simple.

What do you use to crack encryption?

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
still good software though

It was until they stopped updating it.

I stopped using it when it couldnt crack anything.

J Diddy
05-18-2012, 10:32 PM
It was until they stopped updating it.

I stopped using it when it couldnt crack anything.

It's been a while, but it seems like I used another program to crack. One that has since been banned in this country.

The Bad Guy
05-18-2012, 10:39 PM
What do you use to crack encryption?

Haven't had to, but I also haven't burned much lately.

WV
05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I use Magic DVD Copier and Magic DVD Ripper. I used to use DVD Fab, but Magic has worked better for me for a couple of years now.