PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bowe

Mr. Laz
05-18-2012, 08:53 PM
sounds good ...

Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride
Talked to Dwayne Bowe. Says its business. Still talks to his teammates. Excited for the season. Plans to play.

Setsuna
05-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Its business to get PAID!

Mr. Laz
05-18-2012, 08:58 PM
yea, but he's not saying shit like "i feel disrespected" ... "i've been lied to" ... "i'm not sure i will play with the Chiefs anymore .."

like i said, good sign.

CaliforniaChief
05-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Agreed. He's learned from Derrick Thomas, Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Flowers. You keep quiet and produce, and you get paid.

BigMeatballDave
05-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Agreed. He's learned from Derrick Thomas, Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Flowers. You keep quiet and produce, and you get paid.

I dont know about Derrick Thomas, but yeah.

CaliforniaChief
05-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I dont know about Derrick Thomas, but yeah.

Oops. LOL. Johnson. It's deeply ingrained.

beach tribe
05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
"Diva"

In58men
05-18-2012, 10:49 PM
"Diva"

Shot yourself.

Okie_Apparition
05-18-2012, 10:49 PM
We could of had a pro bowl guard

Saccopoo
05-18-2012, 10:51 PM
We could of had a pro bowl guard

When?

beach tribe
05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Shot yourself.

" "

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Dwayne Bowe ‏@DwayneBowe82

Bout to step I this mtg. To be continue. #TeamBowe

Dwayne Bowe ‏@DwayneBowe82

@BFlowers24 Just checking on my dude. I'll c ya in a few. Let's lock

-King-
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Massive boner.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I can usually figure out these things one way or another, but in this case...I'm not sure what he is even saying.

keg in kc
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Get what you can while you can. It can all end in an instant.

BigMeatballDave
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I can usually figure out these things one way or another, but in this case...I'm not sure what he is even saying.

Maybe he's about to sign a deal?

I really don't know.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I know I'm in the minority when it comes to trading players. I'm for trading anyone at anytime for the right price.

But the idea of Bowe and a productive Baldwin is just sick. If Charles and Moeaki are healthy, we have so many playmakers on this offense it will be really, really fun to watch.

FlaChief58
06-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I know I'm in the minority when it comes to trading players. I'm for trading anyone at anytime for the right price.

But the idea of Bowe and a productive Baldwin is just sick. If Charles and Moeaki are healthy, we have so many playmakers on this offense it will be really, really fun to watch.

Don't forget, matty is still the qb so......

BigMeatballDave
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM

But the idea of Bowe and a productive Baldwin is just sick. If Charles and Moeaki are healthy, we have so many playmakers on this offense it will be really, really fun to watch, if Cassel weren't our QB.Amended

SAUTO
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM

Remember hillis. If he goes back to year prior to last year form we will have another playmaker. Add in Beaston...
Posted via Mobile Device

Dante84
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
About to step in this meeting. To be continued.... - Dwayne to his Twitter followers

Just checking in on my friend. I'll see you soon. Let's compete. - Brandon to Dwayne

BigMeatballDave
06-05-2012, 06:44 PM
About to step in this meeting. To be continued....

That's what I got from it.

Signing his tender, most likely.

Or a long-term deal.

One would hope.

DeepSouth
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Does "Twitter" makes literate people illiterate?

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, he took a gal back to her place
the kids came out to the living room in their PJs
& he decided it was time to go to OTAs

scho63
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM

Right up until the moment Cassel takes the snap.......:banghead:

Chiefaholic
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Right up until the moment Cassel takes the snap.......:banghead:

Steve Bono all over again... Good defense, great running game, solid O-Line, QB with shit stain running down his leg...:huh:

-King-
06-05-2012, 09:29 PM
That's what I got from it.

Signing his tender, most likely.

Or a long-term deal.

One would hope.

Nahhhh...he's still pissed off he didn't get the exclusive franchise tag. /BossChief

BossChief
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Nahhhh...he's still pissed off he didn't get the exclusive franchise tag. /BossChief

Nobody cares what you think.

Chiefshrink
06-05-2012, 10:46 PM

:thumb:

-King-
06-06-2012, 05:40 AM
Nobody cares what you think.

But everyone cares about what you think :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Yeah, he took a gal back to her place
the kids came out to the living room in their PJs
& he decided it was time to go to OTAs

The line was drawn when she offered him a Roarin Waters Capri Sun instead of a nice cold glass of Purple Passion.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-08-2012, 05:58 PM
ROFL

Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

Matt cassel told me today he's tried to call bowe but to no avail and when he was franchise player he enjoyed it #chiefs

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Another reason to hate that dipshit Cassel. So smug. So superior. Thinks he's a leader. Well, you're not, Matty. You're nothing but a shiny turd. And you will beg for death before the end.

okcchief
07-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Why would Bowe speak to Cassel? He's cost him MILLIONS of dollars.

Thig Lyfe
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Matt Cassel can't even complete a call.

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM

yeah, he'd get a wrong number.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 06:37 PM

He can't even complete a sentence.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 06:38 PM
yeah, he'd get a wrong number.

Hey I just met you.

And this is crazy!

But here's my number.

Suck ass as our QB, maybe?

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey I just met you.

And this is crazy!

But here's my number.

Suck ass as our QB, maybe?

:clap:
ROFLROFLROFL

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Cassel to the football:

Hey I just snapped you!

And this game's crazy!

But here's my throw!

Hit a receiver, maybe?

O.city
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
So I wonder how far apart Bowe and the Chiefs really are in regards to a new contract.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-08-2012, 06:43 PM
So I wonder how far apart Bowe and the Chiefs really are in regards to a new contract.

Well the chiefs and bowe have till next Monday.

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Bowe wants out of KC, he's ready to play with a real QB.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM

I bet it's something stupid like 2m a year.

Patriot Way, baby!

O.city
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I bet it's something stupid like 2m a year.

Patriot Way, baby!

Probably something small like that.

O.city
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Although, paying players hasn't really been a problem with this regime.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Dwayne Bowe could be done in Kansas City after this season
Found 5 days ago on Pro Football Zone: Yardbarker Blogger Network
PLAYERS: Dwayne Bowe, Matt Cassel, Jason La Canfora
TEAMS: Kansas City Chiefs

Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com doesn’t think there’s a good chance that Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe will be back in Kansas City after this season, with the development of some of the younger receivers they have on their roster. “The Chiefs have gone into the past few years with a lot of cap space and seems like that will be the case again,” wrote La Canfora. ”Carrying Bowe around $10 million against the cap isn’t an issue, and they have used several recent high draft picks on wide receivers, trying to build some depth there … So many in the league wonder how willing they would be to do the kind of deal it would take to lock up Bowe long-term.” “Bowe, who hasn’t signed his tag, has done some special stuff with Matt Cassel, but how long will Cassel be running the show at quarterback? It certainly seems there could be more transition to come on the offensive side of the ball unless the overall productivit...

O.city
07-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Repost

SAUTO
07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Lol. Shit meet wall
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
07-08-2012, 06:54 PM
"The development of some of the younger receivers..."

Who is this, specifically? It sure as **** isn't Baldwin, though he's the greatest 21-catch rookie in the history of the league.

But Bowe sucks. Rep Haley. /CP

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
It sure as **** isn't Baldwin, though he's the greatest 21-catch rookie in the history of the league.

This.

Baldwin makes SlyMo's rookie season look like Randy Moss's.

okcchief
07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I guess Matt Cassel will just make the receivers better. Who needs Bowe....?

Chief Roundup
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
I guess Matt Cassel will just make the receivers better. Who needs Bowe....?

As long as Cassel is the QB the Chiefs will need to keep players like Bowe.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

RT @ChiefsOrioles12 Do the Chiefs get Bowe signed long term before the 16th? ... Doubt it. Believed to be seeking big-time money.

milkman
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
This.

Baldwin makes SlyMo's rookie season look like Randy Moss's.

I don't really get into this pissing match regarding Baldwin, but your stupidity on thi sparticular subject is monumental.

Yes, we do need to see something from Baldwin before we can proclaim him to be anyhting other than a project.

However, he lost the entire offseason,with the exception of a few practices due to the strike and Thomas Jones, and he missed the first (was it) 4 games.

Additionally, in spite of his shortcomings, Elvis GrBac was (sadly) better than any QB that the Chiefs lined up behind center last season, including Orton.

Why don't we, I don't know, see what Baldwin does this season before we act as though he was a wasted draft pick.

I know that is hard for your dumb ass to do, but give it a try.

It will probably only hurt your tiny little brain just a little.

Micjones
07-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I honestly think Bowe wants out.
We better hope like hell that Baldwin is ready to step into that role by the end of the year.

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 07:18 PM
We better hope like hell that Baldwin is ready to step into that role by the end of the year.

this^

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Why don't we, I don't know, see what Baldwin does this season before we act as though he was a wasted draft pick.

I haven't proclaimed Baldwin to be anything but what he is: a guy who darn near led the league in drop percentage last season.

He's not a bust, still has a chance to make good on his selection, etc.

My issue is with people writing him in as some kind of good, or even average WR just yet.

In58men
07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Bowe leaves and with our 1st round pick we draft another WR to help Cassel out for another season. We will be shit if Bowe leaves.

Quesadilla Joe
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I haven't proclaimed Baldwin to be anything but what he is: a guy who darn near led the league in drop percentage last season.

He's not a bust, still has a chance to make good on his selection, etc.

My issue is with people writing him in as some kind of good, or even average WR just yet.

Weren't you in love with Baldwin up until a few weeks ago?

OnTheWarpath15
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Here's the thing: If the money is right, why would he want out?

Mr. Laz
07-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Another reason to hate that dipshit Cassel. So smug. So superior. Thinks he's a leader. Well, you're not, Matty. You're nothing but a shiny turd. And you will beg for death before the end.
look in the mirror

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Weren't you in love with Baldwin up until a few weeks ago?

No.

In58men
07-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Cassel?

Quesadilla Joe
07-08-2012, 08:18 PM
No.

I could have sworn you were one of his biggest supporters during OTA's. I know you had some nice things to say about him after he was running at 1 AM or some shit.

Mr. Laz
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
i just don't know /Carr

Hammock Parties
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I could have sworn you were one of his biggest supporters during OTA's. I know you had some nice things to say about him after he was running at 1 AM or some shit.

I'd recognize his talent, that's about it. I'm eager to see him do well before Pioli refuses to pay him.

OnTheWarpath15
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Cassel?

Are you willing to play under the tag and risk getting injured - losing any chance at a big FA payday?

Big risk.

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-08-2012, 08:23 PM
i just don't know /Carr

Money was never right with carr. No team pays top money for a number 2 corner.

In58men
07-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Are you willing to play under the tag and risk getting injured - losing any chance at a big FA payday?

Big risk.

Taking a risk isn't always a bad thing.

OnTheWarpath15
07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Taking a risk isn't always a bad thing.

Very true.

However, I think it's safe to say it's more likely he'll get injured or have a "down" year since we're going to be even more run-heavy than normal - rather than have another 1200/15 year and make a huge payday in FA.

The only way the risk pays off for him is if he has a huge year. And that's unlikely, IMO.

I think the yardage will be there, but you can only expect to take a 5-yard slant 50 yards to the house so many times in a season. Doubt you see double-digit TD's from him.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Bowe will benefit from single coverage a lot this year and have a huge year.

Especially if Cassel is pulled.

Raiderhater
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Bowe will benefit from single coverage a lot this year and have a huge year.

Especially if Cassel is pulled.

And what pray tell makes you think this will happen?

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM

It's his last remaining hope that Pioli isn't completely incompetent.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:43 AM

They were public about their desire to sign Peyton.

They interviewed the 3 first round quarterbacks thought of as high first rounders. Even worked them out and had private workouts with Tannehill.

Romeos comments about Orton that were indirect shots at Cassel.

Romeos comments about Cassel needing to do what he did in mid 2010.

The way Parcells dealt with the Bledsoe/Romo situation.

The expectations for Piolis year 4 of a 5 year contract and having his drafted kid waiting for a chance and showing lots of promise.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 12:46 AM

ROFL

But, see, Romeo isn't part of the decision making process.

He has no power.

Silly, silly Chiefs fans.

"We're gonna draft Luck!"

"We're gonna draft RGIII!"

"Romeo is gonna bench Cassel!"

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:46 AM
It's his last remaining hope that Pioli isn't completely incompetent.
I think Pioli is a damn good GM.

I don't agree with his handling of Cassel, but away from that I think he has shown to be one of the better gms in the NFL in the way he has built this roster.

If Stanzi works out the way I think he will, the guy will be worth his weight in gold.

mcaj22
07-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Money was never right with carr. No team pays top money for a number 2 corner.

The Cowboys did. Carr will still be number 2 there.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 12:48 AM
I think Pioli is a damn good GM.

I don't agree with his handling of Cassel, but away from that I think he has shown to be one of the better gms in the NFL in the way he has built this roster.

If Stanzi works out the way I think he will, the guy will be worth his weight in gold.

If we have 3 losing seasons in 4 years, he's a shit GM.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I also remember hearing Romeo talking about Cassel at the combine harshly.

Direct shots from a head coach about his starting quarterback happen when he is on thin ice...not when the chance of a change is low.

Game 6.

Raiderhater
07-09-2012, 12:54 AM
They were public about their desire to sign Peyton.

They interviewed the 3 first round quarterbacks thought of as high first rounders. Even worked them out and had private workouts with Tannehill.

Romeos comments about Cassel needing to do what he did in mid 2010.

The way Parcells dealt with the Bledsoe/Romo situation.

The expectations for Piolis year 4 of a 5 year contract and having his drafted kid waiting for a chance and showing lots of promise.

Do not get me wrong, I believe Cassel's time is coming to an end. I just don't see him being benched short of completely horrific play. And I do not think he is going to have a terrible season. I think this season will probably mirror 2010 to a large extent.

Now, if we had kept Orton, if we had drafted a QB in the 1st round, or if we had signed Manning I could see the writing on the wall a lot sooner (with Manning it would have been instantly of course). But none of those things happened. We have Quinn and an unknown Stanzi to fall back on. I just do not see Matty getting yanked for less than absolute shit play.

Next year I believe will be different. Short of winning the SB, or even the AFC, I do not believe even a playoff win can save him. The franchise knows they will lose the fan base if they continue to trot him out.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:56 AM
If we have 3 losing seasons in 4 years, he's a shit GM.

:facepalm:

This team was well ahead of schedule until the 3 ACL injuries.

Even with them we were one win away from winning the west twice in a row for the first time in decades.

Thats with Pioli being handed one of the least talented rosters in the NFL in 2009 to start with.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 12:57 AM
:facepalm:

This team was well ahead of schedule until the 3 ACL injuries.

Even with them we were one win away from winning the west twice in a row for the first time in decades.

Thats with Pioli being handed one of the least talented rosters in the NFL in 2009 to start with.

I don't give a fuck.

He's paid to produce results.

3 shit seasons in 4 years is shit.

He doesn't deserve to pick another QB, either.

GTFO

BossChief
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
I don't give a fuck.

He's paid to produce results.

3 shit seasons in 4 years is shit.

He doesn't deserve to pick another QB, either.

GTFO

Where the fuck are you getting this 4 year shit from?

2009 4 wins
2010 10 wins
2011 7 wins

Raiderhater
07-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Where the **** are you getting this 4 year shit from?

2009 4 wins
2010 10 wins
2011 7 wins

Being the negative contrarian ass he is, he is counting this season as a losing season already.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Being the negative contrarian ass he is, he is counting this season as a losing season already.

Exactly.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM
And if we have a winning season, we'll probably win a playoff game, because we'll have been tested by several playoff caliber squads.

We've succeeded in hiding from them mostly. Can't hide this year.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:08 AM
I can't wait for the yearly flip flop.

Raiderhater
07-09-2012, 01:09 AM

And just as you this, he is already setting the ground work for it. :shake:

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:09 AM

Hey, I'll get excited if we start winning games. It's in my DNA.

Doesn't mean it's a flip flop.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:10 AM
And if we have a winning season, we'll probably win a playoff game, because we'll have been tested by several playoff caliber squads.

We've succeeded in hiding from them mostly. Can't hide this year.

BALLA ASS GM

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:11 AM
EVERYTHING we know about this team to date says we get blasted right outta the opening gate.

Can't forget Buffalo, Detroit, Denver or Miami from last season.

A pile of shit against the league's weak sisters for the most part.

Jamaal Charles isn't gonna save us.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:12 AM
BALLA ASS GM

I'd have no credibility if I didn't be a little positive when it was warranted.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Hey, I'll get excited if we start winning games. It's in my DNA.

Doesn't mean it's a flip flop.

How doesn't it?

Just keep up with the fraud stuff, at least then you will get credit for having courage in your convictions...not being a man child with jelly for a backbone.

If they hold the course of what they would have been last year without the injuries and Stanzi takes over or Cassel plays all year like he did in that hot stretch in mid 2010, this team is gonna be very fun to watch and able to beat any team in the NFL.

Look what we did to GB even with all of our missing pieces.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Because you can get excited about the team winning, and yet not have faith that those in charge are taking the team anywhere.

They are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Look what we did to GB even with all of our missing pieces.

And we would lose that game with Cassel.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM

But you lose every ounce of that "credibility" when you turn around and attempt to clown Pioli for the warped end result of the moves of the BALLA ASS GM.

Truth is, his last 3 drafts have been between solid and flat out outstanding and his free agent signings over that same period have also been impressive.

I see us having a year that's very similar to the one the 49ers just had.

RealSNR
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
EVERYTHING we know about this team to date says we get blasted right outta the opening gate.

Can't forget Buffalo, Detroit, Denver or Miami from last season.

A pile of shit against the league's weak sisters for the most part.

Jamaal Charles isn't gonna save us.Losing to Buffalo and Detroit in stunning fashion was due 100% to Haley being content with not only running a Bill Muir offense, but running a Bill Muir offense UNPREPARED. And let's not forget about the shortcomings we had on defense in that abortion of a "preseason" they ran.

Ten bucks says even a shitty coach like Jeff Fisher would have been able to prepare us sufficiently to beat Buffalo. The Detroit loss I'll absolutely accept. There was no way in hell we were winning that game without Berry and without a franchise QB.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Um, no.

I still like the 2011 draft.

And I fucking hate the 2012 draft.

Balla ass GM turned into bald, arse GM.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:33 AM
And we would lose that game with Cassel.

How about if Cassel, Moeaki, Berry and Charles were all healthy?

Nobody knows.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Losing to Buffalo and Detroit in stunning fashion was due 100% to Haley being content with not only running a Bill Muir offense, but running a Bill Muir offense UNPREPARED.

That's one way to look at it.

I look at it as more of the same. Just Cassel being Cassel. He did the same thing in the last two games of 2010.

And of course the real issue this year is we don't play Buffalo and Detroit. We get Atlanta and Buffalo in Buffalo.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 01:35 AM
How about if Cassel, Moeaki, Berry and Charles were all healthy?

Nobody knows.

I don't care if Randy Moss is out there.

Cassel at QB? We lose.

BigMeatballDave
07-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Um, no.

You don't watch college ball. How do you know you hate it?

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Um, no.

Even though I didn't like a couple of the picks, the 2012 draft was very solid with the chance to field a few big time difference makers.

If Poe, Allan, Menzie and Wylie all work out...it turns into an outstanding class.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Grey could absolutely be a diamond in the rough.

Same as Stanzi and Powe last year.

The last 3 drafts have been damn good. So have the free agent signings.

There is a reason you need to reach with your continuations.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 02:03 AM
There's no reaching on my part until we win shit.

Pioli's a bowlful of cheerios soaked in piss.

BossChief
07-09-2012, 02:05 AM
It's gonna be a fun ride.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-09-2012, 05:28 AM
You don't watch college ball. How do you know you hate it?

Youtube highlight reels FTW. Who needs "coaching tape"?

Marcellus
07-09-2012, 06:20 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

Thanks for starting Monday out with a good laugh. ROFLROFLROFL

Ace Gunner
07-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm a bowlful of cheerios soaked in piss.

This :D

ShowtimeSBMVP
07-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

RT @mulch10: What about D Bowe? ... Do not expect a long-term deal to be done there by Monday's 4 pm ET deadline.