PDA

View Full Version : Poop Ryan Clady appears to be regressing

Kerberos
05-19-2012, 11:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/19/ryan-clady-appears-to-be-regressing/

Ryan Clady appears to be regressing

Posted by Evan Silva on May 19, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT

Ryan Clady of the Broncos was hailed as perhaps the top young left tackle in football four years ago, when he protected Jay Cutler’s blind side well enough to allow 0.5 sacks in 16 starts. Clady “earned” Pro Bowl and first-team All-Pro honors the following season, largely because his name recognition grew based on rookie-year performance.

It’s been a bit downhill from there.

Bill Williamson of ESPN.com has passed along Clady’s sacks allowed numbers from Stats Inc. Since permitting just the half-sack of Cutler in 2008, Clady has served up 24.5 sacks over the past three seasons. Clady was penalized a dozen times and allowed a career-high nine sacks last season despite the fact that the Broncos ranked last in the league in pass attempts.

(Fewer pass attempts means fewer “opportunities” to give up sacks. Yet Clady still allowed the highest total of his career.)

A spike in pass attempts is expected in Denver this season with run-first quarterback Tim Tebow gone and Peyton Manning now under center. Clady is in the final year of his rookie deal. His improvement, or lack there of, may go a long way toward determining whether Clady gets a pricey long-term contract from the Broncos.

Kerberos
05-19-2012, 11:16 PM
KnowMo in to spin this in 5....4....3....2...

Rasputin
05-19-2012, 11:17 PM
"snap"/ sound of a neck breaking.

mikey23545
05-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Hopefully he'll allow someone to snap Manning's neck in the first game or two so Peyton can enjoy his golden years in an iron lung.

Ming the Merciless
05-19-2012, 11:24 PM
is it wrong to wish for large black men in red uniforms to dance upon the writhing form of an older white man?

milkman
05-19-2012, 11:29 PM
is it wrong to wish for large black men in red uniforms to dance upon the writhing form of an older white man?

So, you're saying that it would bother you if it was Andy Studebaker doing the dancing?

Rasputin
05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
So, you're saying that it would bother you if it was Andy Studebaker doing the dancing?

I think he is refuring to POE & POWE?

RealSNR
05-20-2012, 12:28 AM
JesusChrist
Jesus Christ
@Knowmo God hates you and fuck the broncos

MagicHef
05-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Weird how his only good season coincided with the only time he's played with a good QB.

Quesadilla Joe
05-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Didn't Clady make the Pro Bowl last year? :hmmm:

WildTurkey
05-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Weird how his only good season coincided with the only time he's played with a good QB.

Weird how he gave up so many sacks on a team that hardly threw the ball :hmmm:

WildTurkey
05-20-2012, 01:23 AM

Cassel has been to the pro bowl too, doesn't mean either one is any good.

bowener
05-20-2012, 01:26 AM

Isn't the pro bowl sham dead after this season? God I hope so.

It has gotten bad enough, it has become self referential... the pro bowl made it to the pro bowl last year.

I need sleep.

Quesadilla Joe
05-20-2012, 01:28 AM

You don't think the QB has any fault in that?

Orton would fall down if a rusher came within two feet of him. And with Tebow, a lineman can only block a guy for so long and Tebow just took too long to find a guy.

The Donks don't seem to think he is regressing, it was reported just recently that they are trying to work out a long term deal with him.

Quesadilla Joe
05-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Cassel has been to the pro bowl too, doesn't mean either one is any good.

Has he been to two Pro Bowls?

Rasputin
05-20-2012, 01:36 AM

Orton would fall down if a rusher came within two feet of him. And with Tebow, a lineman can only block a guy for so long and Tebow just took too long to find a guy.

The Donks don't seem to think he is regressing, it was reported just recently that they are trying to work out a long term deal with him.

That's fine and dandy we don't really give a sh!t if they do. No one gives a ****. Keep him and let him be the guy to let Tamba Hali fling by to Peyton Manning and snap goes the neck.

RealSNR
05-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Has he been to two Pro Bowls?Next time he plays the NFC West he'll have two Pro Bowls. Well, I guess not, since the PB is gone now.

Knowmo, as a Chiefs fan, what do you think of this logic:

Derrick Alexander holds the team record for most receiving yards in a season with 1300-some. Derrick Alexander > Dwayne Bowe.

If a stat like that somehow served as trite evidence that reflected the Broncos in a positive light, you would use it.

morphius
05-20-2012, 01:52 AM
I remember his first year when we played against him, guy was getting away with some great bear hug style holds with no flags at all. Sadly i see more of those kind of calls going his way again with Sir Manning at the helm.

ThatRaceCardGuy
05-20-2012, 05:50 AM

:evil:ROFLROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 06:46 AM

LOL

You're a moron

Fritz88
05-20-2012, 06:55 AM
I'd give up Albert and Allen for Clady.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover
05-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I heard that talk of this was going around in DC

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL

I really hope this is a joke.

chiefzilla1501
05-20-2012, 08:14 AM
On the one hand, can't blame him for giving up sacks for Tebow, a guy who holds on to the ball way too long.

On the other hand, Branden Albert looked a hell of a lot better protecting orton than clady did.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-20-2012, 08:18 AM

Chiefs gave up 1 sack in 3 games, with Orton under center.

notorious
05-20-2012, 08:32 AM

Weird how he "produced" in a system that rolled the QB away from pressure.

:hmmm:

Pasta Little Brioni
05-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Hali's bitch.

Rasputin
05-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Hali's bitch.

QFT

Also assuming our interier line is bulked up if Poe becomes a force up the middle Clady won't get any help from the guard next to him. That Poe pick is going benefit Hali a great deal for getting to the QB.

(I'm trying hard to like the Poe pick, but not sold on him yet)

RealSNR
05-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd give up eating your mom's vagina every night for Clady.

LOL j/k. No I wouldn't.

Chiefaholic
05-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Clady's stats will look better blocking Manning's blind side. The NFL will do everything it can to keep ratings high by keeping Manning's jersey clean. What was a penalty last season, won't be this year.

notorious
05-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Clady's stats will look better blocking Manning's blind side. The NFL will do everything it can to keep ratings high by keeping Manning's jersey clean. What was a penalty last season, won't be this year.

Yep.

Remotes will be "reorganized" across my living room because of this.

BossChief
05-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd like to see Clady blocking for Cassel.

For the Broncos

Nightfyre
05-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I'd like to see Clady blocking for Cassel.

For the Broncos

I'd really be okay with Clady blocking for Cassel on the Chiefs. So long as the end result is Cassel no longer playing football for the Chiefs.... :shrug:

highBOLTage
05-20-2012, 11:00 AM
He's on the Marcus McNeill career path.

Chiefshrink
05-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I remember his first year when we played against him, guy was getting away with some great bear hug style holds with no flags at all. Sadly i see more of those kind of calls going his way again with Sir Manning at the helm.

You are definitely correct that the officiating crews are going to be the Pro Bowl b/u LT's for sure this season:shake:

Quesadilla Joe
05-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Put it this way: One reason why Peyton Manning picked Broncos from at least 10 suitors in FA was they offered Ryan Clady to his blindside.

New Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is almost the anti-Tebow in that the former Indianapolis Colt is one of the NFL’s least sacked passers even though he is also one of the least mobile. Tebow took 33 sacks last year even though he only started 11 games. Manning was sacked 16 times in 16 games in his previous playing season of 2010 and just 10 in 16 games in 2009.

LT Ryan Clady has never missed a start through his first four years _ a streak that is at 66 including playoffs _ even though he admitted it felt like he was playing on one leg in 2010 following surgery to repair a knee tendon he tore while playing basketball. He rebounded in 2011 to make the Pro Bowl team.

ESPN.com reported Clady surrendered a career-most 7 ½ sacks in 2010, then allowed 9 sacks in 2011. No doubt, Clady's performance suffered in 2010 because of the knee injury. However, in 2011, the Broncos’ offensive line in general gave up more sacks with Tim Tebow at quarterback. Tebow hangs on to the ball longer than most QBs because he's always trying to make a play. His scrambling style is similar to that of Ben Roethlisberger, who has been one of league's most sacked QBs.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis

RealSNR
05-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Can't wait when Smellway doesn't want to pay Clady starting LT money and he signs with somebody else. Knowmo will shake off Clady just like he shook off McDaniels.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 11:48 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis

He is still Hali's bitch.

Quesadilla Joe
05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Hali is still his bitch.

ROFL

Agreed

EDIT: Damn you fixed it :(

listopencil
05-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Can't wait when Smellway doesn't want to pay Clady starting LT money and he signs with somebody else. Knowmo will shake off Clady just like he shook off McDaniels.

A was said earlier in this thread, they are working on a long term deal with him right now. That's a good thing because Clady is a very good LT. But please continue homering on.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Clady is a ragdoll.Tamba approves this.

:)

MagicHef
05-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Tamba approves this.

:)

This whole idea of Hali owning Clady is interesting. He had one great game (3 sacks) against Clady. The Chiefs didn't even win that game. They got trounced, 44-13.

Aside from that one game, do you know how many sacks Hali has had against the Broncos in the past 4 years?

3 sacks in 7 games, including an impressive zero last year.

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Albert > Clady

BigMeatballDave
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM
This whole idea of Hali owning Clady is interesting. He had one great game (3 sacks) against Clady. The Chiefs didn't even win that game. They got trounced, 44-13.

Aside from that one game, do you know how many sacks Hali has had against the Broncos in the past 4 years?

3 sacks in 7 games, including an impressive zero last year.

You are such a bitch. LMAO

Do you even know what smaq talk is?

Brock
05-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Lady never was good, Shanahan's coaching staff made him look like he could play.

RealSNR
05-20-2012, 11:25 PM
A was said earlier in this thread, they are working on a long term deal with him right now. That's a good thing because Clady is a very good LT. But please continue homering on.I wasn't homering at all. I was saying that all Broncos players are the best at their positions in the NFL according to Knowmo. Until they leave the team, that is. Then they go back to being meh.

In addition to working on a long term deal, Denver should also work on compiling game footage of Hali fistfucking Clady's vagina. You know, so he can get better.

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 03:18 AM
I wasn't homering at all. I was saying that all Broncos players are the best at their positions in the NFL according to Knowmo. Until they leave the team, that is. Then they go back to being meh.

In addition to working on a long term deal, Denver should also work on compiling game footage of Hali fist****ing Clady's vagina. You know, so he can get better.

That's not true. I was still pimping Justin Bannan after he left the Donks. I still praise Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney. I might have trashed Cutler after he left but he deserved it.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Hali slowly nods reading this thread whilst biting a head off a chicken.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 09:16 AM

He did. He's a good left tackle and he's been what seems to be less after his leg injury.

ModSocks
05-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Lol you guys have it all wrong.

Clady's numbers dropped because he doesn't fit in a Tebow-Style offense, right Knowmo?

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 09:49 AM

LOL That matters.

Cassel made a Pro Bowl.

What does that tell ya?

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
That's not true. I was still pimping Justin Bannan after he left the Donks. I still praise Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney. I might have trashed Cutler after he left but he deserved it.Is Josh McDaniels still one of the brightest young coaching minds in the NFL?

MagicHef
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
He did. He's a good left tackle and he's been what seems to be less after his leg injury.

He seems to be less playing next to Beadles compared to what he was next to Hamilton as well.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 09:53 AM

He's good, but his is now extremely overrated due to his rookie season.

Hammock Parties
05-21-2012, 09:54 AM
I'll step in and let an independent voice decide this:

Yep, ranked below not only the rookie right tackle Denver drafted last year, but also Will Svitek.

http://i46.tinypic.com/sy3z82.jpg

To be fair to Clady, he was only 37th out of 76 tackles in pass blocking (-1.1), so maybe there's hope.

(by the way, Albert was 8th)

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice, he was garbage. More proof to how big of a fraud a "pro bowl" nomination is as well.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Ouch.

Only 9 spots ahead of Richardson.

In other news, Albert is becoming a very nice LT. Although, some Chiefs fans will tell you differently. Morons.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 10:34 AM
He's good, but his is now extremely overrated due to his rookie season.

He blew-up his knee and never missed a game. He'll be back to deserving the praise. Manning will make him look great.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Ouch.

Only 9 spots ahead of Richardson.

In other news, Albert is becoming a very nice LT. Although, some Chiefs fans will tell you differently. Morons.

Have top 10 pass blocking tackle

Move to guard

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM
He seems to be less playing next to Beadles compared to what he was next to Hamilton as well.

A great point. I had high hopes for beadles and walton and I just don't think they've go tit.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 10:40 AM
He blew-up his knee and never missed a game. He'll be back to deserving the praise. Manning will make him look great.

A Patella injury isnt as bad as an ACL.

Or, expose him.

vailpass
05-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Whatever makes you feel good

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 10:44 AM
A Patella injury isnt as bad as an ACL.

Or, expose him.

It's pretty bad actually for a left tackle.

Let's put it another way. I am not worried about Clady. I am worried about the center and left guard. Again though, Manning will make all these guys look better than what they are.

Saul Good
05-21-2012, 12:38 PM
It's pretty bad actually for a left tackle.

Let's put it another way. I am not worried about Clady. I am worried about the center and left guard. Again though, Manning will make all these guys look better than what they are.

Thats true. Look at Peyton's grandma arms, and suddenly Clady looksmuch stronger by comparison.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats true. Look at Peyton's grandma arms, and suddenly Clady looksmuch stronger by comparison.

LOL...keep telling yourself that. You'll get through the 12 steps of losingManning eventually. He looked great in OTA's today. Get ready to have your team get worn out with the no huddle. You better hope the redasses eat their wheaties. :P

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 01:08 PM
LOL...keep telling yourself that. You'll get through the 12 steps of losingManning eventually. He looked great in OTA's today. Get ready to have your team get worn out with the no huddle. You better hope the redasses eat their wheaties. :P

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Who doesn't?

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM

Yep. Keep slinging it.

When Manning goes down, or Manning struggles, we're gonna be laughing.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
CASEY PRINTERS LOOKS GREAT IN PRE SEASON PLAYING AGAINST 3RD STRINGERS.

PRINT 'EM!

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Yep. Keep slinging it.

When Manning goes down, or Manning struggles, we're gonna be laughing.

I find most of you are in denial.

I care about all of you and your well-being so don't hold your breath.

Garcia Bronco
05-21-2012, 01:14 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL Who doesn't?

Stanzi Cassel Palko III...or whomever your QB is this week.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM

Dude, they made a picture of Cassel on a cereal box called Cassel Crisp because of how he looked in OTA's one year. Croyle was an OTA God round here boy. Stanzi is a living legend.

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Dude, they made a picture of Cassel on a cereal box called Cassel Crisp because of how he looked in OTA's one year. Croyle was an OTA God round here boy. Stanzi is a living legend.

Peyton Manning is one of the 5 greatest QB's to ever play the game. All reports are saying that Peyton Manning, does in fact look like Peyton Manning.

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 01:18 PM

Weak sauce.

We are very aware how bad our QBs are.

Untrollable

Pasta Little Brioni
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Peyton Manning is one of the 5 greatest QB's to ever play the game. All reports are saying that Peyton Manning, does in fact look like Peyton Manning.

Whooptefucking no passrush do

BigMeatballDave
05-21-2012, 01:20 PM
All reports are saying that Peyton Manning, does in fact look like Peyton Manning.

Really.

Several neck surgeries, 1 whole season missed, and 4 months away from the opener.

Same Manning.

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Really.

Several neck surgeries, 1 whole season missed, and 4 months away from the opener.

Same Manning.

LMAO

It's not like Manning was paralyzed or anything. The surgery he had was a fairly simple procedure. LB's and FB's have had fusion surgery and came back and played. Peyton is at no greater risk to a neck injury than anybody else.

I don't see why it is so hard for some of you to believe that Manning is back to his old self.

Hammock Parties
05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't see why it is so hard for some of you to believe that Manning is back to his old self.

Because there's absolutely zero proof?

Saul Good
05-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Did we ever figure out how many neck surgeries he had?

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Because there's absolutely zero proof?

Do you honestly think that Peyton Manning is going to look like dogshit this season?

Hammock Parties
05-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Do you honestly think that Peyton Manning is going to look like dogshit this season?

No. But the last time he was on the field he threw 17 INT. Now he's in a worse situation.

saphojunkie
05-21-2012, 01:53 PM

Do you honestly think Peyton Manning is going to move to a completely new team, with new offensive linemen and new receivers who haven't spent years learning how to correctly adjust to his pre-snap antics, after a year out of the game, and pickup where he left off?

vailpass
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
There are some VERY nervous chiefs fans these days.

(Hell no! I'm not nervous I think it's great you guys got that broke dick.
He doesn't want to win. Noodle arm. Cracked neck. I'm GLAD we couldn't get Manning.
He's so stupid for not coming to KC, we're LOADED.
Romeo can beat him even with Cassel.
Derp nauseum.)

Skyy God
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
Did we ever figure out how many neck surgeries he had?

4. 2 microdiscectomies, a fusion, and a 4th mystery procedure.

FWIW, spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal column) cut short his brother Cooper's career.

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
There are some VERY nervous chiefs fans these days.

(Hell no! I'm not nervous I think it's great you guys got that broke dick.
He doesn't want to win. Noodle arm. Cracked neck. I'm GLAD we couldn't get Manning.
He's so stupid for not coming to KC, we're LOADED.
Romeo can beat him even with Cassel.
Derp nauseum.)I haven't seen anybody express relief that Manning didn't come here.

And yes, Romeo CAN beat him even with Cassel. The series between these two teams splits 95% of the time no matter how good or how bad one is over the other. I'll be very surprised if we don't get one win against Denver this year.

I'd be FAR more nervous if I were a Donk fan. One injury to the QB in his late 30s with the neck problem and we get to witness the Caleb Hanie era in Denver.

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Do you honestly think Peyton Manning is going to move to a completely new team, with new offensive linemen and new receivers who haven't spent years learning how to correctly adjust to his pre-snap antics, after a year out of the game, and pickup where he left off?

I expect him to have a typical Manning year. 3,500+ yards, 26-32 TD's, and 10-15 INT's.

Lets not forget, Manning was playing with an injured neck for a couple years and it's fixed now. He should actually be in better shape injury wise than he has been in a while.

vailpass
05-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I haven't seen anybody express relief that Manning didn't come here.

I have.

And yes, Romeo CAN beat him even with Cassel. The series between these two teams splits 95% of the time no matter how good or how bad one is over the other. I'll be very surprised if we don't get one win against Denver this year.

Yep, always seems to be a split. And if there is a heavily favored team that is the one that loses. It's a damn good rivalry.

I'd be FAR more nervous if I were a Donk fan. One injury to the QB in his late 30s with the neck problem and we get to witness the Caleb Hanie era in Denver.
No doubt Manning is a gamble.
I'm not nervous because I know we have a front office that will make moves to keep the Caleb Hanie era as short as possible.

Ming the Merciless
05-21-2012, 05:06 PM
I expect him to have a typical Manning year. 3,500+ yards, 26-32 TD's, and 10-15 INT's.

Lets not forget, Manning was playing with an injured neck for a couple years and it's fixed now. He should actually be in better shape injury wise than he has been in a while.

I'll bet you cassel has more TD's and less picks than peyton

vailpass
05-21-2012, 05:08 PM

Counting on Manning going down in training camp?
It could happen.

Quesadilla Joe
05-21-2012, 05:11 PM

LMAO

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Oof.

vailpass
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Oof.

I'm guessing he is counting on Manning going down early in the year.

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm guessing he is counting on Manning going down early in the year.Oh. I was talking about his use of "less" instead of "fewer." Interceptions aren't a substance. They're individual events.

vailpass
05-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh. I was talking about his use of "less" instead of "fewer." Interceptions aren't a substance. They're individual events.

Yeah that was fucking with me two.

notorious
05-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Jesus.

Ming the Merciless
05-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Oof.

Bet me then? Sig bet? Or would you rather argue about made up grammar rules you pretend to understand

However, in the case of singular but discretely quantifiable nouns as in "one less cup of flour in this canister", the adjective less should be used

MagicHef
05-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I will take that bet, Pawnmower, if you want to sig bet with me.

Also, I will defend your word choice because both "less" and "fewer" are technically correct and widely accepted (and have been for several hundred years) in that situation.

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Bet me then? Sig bet? Or would you rather argue about made up grammar rules you pretend to understandSig bets are cool. I don't do images, though. Just a policy of mine. Whaddaya have in mind?

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Also, your rule doesn't work. You said, "I'll bet you cassel has more TD's and less picks than peyton." The use of "less" is not quantifying a specific amount.

Saul Good
05-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Also, your rule doesn't work. You said, "I'll bet you cassel has more TD's and less picks than peyton." The use of "less" is not quantifying a specific amount.

Less is the opposite of more, is it not?

If more works, then so does less.

Tombstone RJ
05-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Clady has had a couple of mediocre years but having Manning around should help him get back to top 10 LT status. Clady has had to block for 3 different QBs in the last 3 seasons along with blowing out his knee after his rookie season. I think Manning is just fine with Clady...

notorious
05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I more realistic bet would be that Manning has fewer incompletions than Cassel has completions during the year.

Ming the Merciless
05-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Its arguable...i dont really care about grammar on the intranets....I actually would normally use fewer (like you) especially in a formal situation but less is just as ok for some of the reasons other people mentioned....

Fuck grammar anyway though...

Heres what I had in mind:

if Cassel has more TD......... AND a better TD:INT ratio, i win

if Peyton has more TD ....AND a better td/int ratio, you win...

if they split it is a push.....

winner gets to make a sig, loser has to wear it from the end of regular season until draft day. nothing NSFW....like no big cassel dick that im sucking or something LOL,.....

Not sure what you mean about no graphics tho....in terms of a sig..I thought thatswhat sigs are..clarify?

ps im buzzed as hell....just went to a BJ'S for the 1st time (no homo)

was pretty damn good...not sure how far across the country they go or whatnot but they brew their own beer and have good burgers and pizza...cute waitresses too

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Less is the opposite of more, is it not?

If more works, then so does less."More" is a one-size-fits-all in this case. Yes, I probably hyphenated that incorrectly. Rape is funny, I guess.

Ricky Stanzi has more poise in the pocket and is far more accurate than Matt Cassel.

The Chiefs need more fullbacks and fat white players if they want to win a Super Bowl while at the same time keeping the fans happy.

Dexter McCluster is just one more stupid fucking pick in this franchise's history.

There is no debate pertaining to word choice. What other word is there to use instead of "more"?

Dwayne Bowe should probably receive less money than Megatron. ("Less" is the only correct option)

Just imagine if Matt Cassel had thrown fewer interceptions and more touchdowns in that Buffalo game in which he graded out perfectly! ("Fewer" is the only correct option, while "more" is always correct)

If Terrance Copper is still under contract, you can go ahead right now and mark down one less available roster spot for Week One. ("Less" is the preferred choice since we're dealing with a singular noun, but "fewer" is also acceptable. Either will work)

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Its arguable...i dont really care about grammar on the intranets....I actually would normally use fewer (like you) especially in a formal situation but less is just as ok for some of the reasons other people mentioned....

Fuck grammar anyway though...

Heres what I had in mind:

if Cassel has more TD......... AND a better TD:INT ratio, i win

if Peyton has more TD ....AND a better td/int ratio, you win...

if they split it is a push.....

winner gets to make a sig, loser has to wear it from the end of regular season until draft day. nothing NSFW....like no big cassel dick that im sucking or something LOL,.....

Not sure what you mean about no graphics tho....in terms of a sig..I thought thatswhat sigs are..clarify?

ps im buzzed as hell....just went to a BJ'S for the 1st time (no homo)

was pretty damn good...not sure how far across the country they go or whatnot but they brew their own beer and have good burgers and pizza...cute waitresses tooI don't do images. As in pictures. Text only is adequate. If you really must, though, I'll go ahead and put a link in my signature. Put down whatever you want. I'll even have "I drink my own pee" as my signature. You can auction it off for casino cash to another poster if you want. I don't care.

I can tell you right now that if you lose the bet you're getting Terrance Copper fanboy stuff in your sig. You'll be drafted into my Terrance Copper army that goes around and bruises vaginas. I'll be just like Joseph Kony, and you'll be a part of my Copper's Resistance Army.

RealSNR
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
I almost forgot!

Jamaal Charles needs more carries.

Dexter McCluster needs fewer carries.

MagicHef
05-21-2012, 11:05 PM
http://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/10-items-or-less-is-just-fine/

Using "less" with countables dates back to 1481, while the earliest rule that "fewer" is preferred only dates back to 1770, and appears to basically have started as just some guy's opinion. They're both perfectly acceptable.

Ming the Merciless
05-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I don't do images. As in pictures. Text only is adequate. If you really must, though, I'll go ahead and put a link in my signature. Put down whatever you want. I'll even have "I drink my own pee" as my signature. You can auction it off for casino cash to another poster if you want. I don't care.

I can tell you right now that if you lose the bet you're getting Terrance Copper fanboy stuff in your sig. You'll be drafted into my Terrance Copper army that goes around and bruises vaginas. I'll be just like Joseph Kony, and you'll be a part of my Copper's Resistance Army.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

shit i might just join the army now

Pasta Little Brioni
05-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Make a bet with KnowMo and if you lose just put a bunch of pro Chiefs shit in your sig.

Saul Good
05-22-2012, 08:24 AM
"Fewer" is kind of a dumb word when you think about it. "Few" basically means "not many", so fewer means "not many-er".

Kerberos
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
No. But the last time he was on the field he threw 17 INT. Now he's in a worse situation.

Good point Cheeze. :thumb:

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
"Fewer" is kind of a dumb word when you think about it. "Few" basically means "not many", so fewer means "not many-er".You're kind of a dumb word when you think about it. Fewer fucking rules.

Saul Good
05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
You're kind of a dumb word when you think about it. Fewer ****ing rules.

The world would be a better place if there were greater people like me and less people like you.

Quesadilla Joe
05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/statistics-dont-tell-story-for-ryan-clady/

Statistics Don’t Tell Story for Ryan Clady

Reports about a possible contract extension for Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady recently led to a wave of arguments that his performance had been declining. Those arguments aren’t flawed, but their main points of evidence are.

In truth, Clady’s performance has declined. As a first-round rookie in 2008, he instantly proved to be football’s most athletic left tackle, if not football’s best left tackle. His 2009 season was equally impressive. In the spring of 2010, however, Clady tore his patellar tendon in a pickup basketball game. He didn’t miss any regular-season action, but he clearly didn’t have the same explosiveness. Last season, he regained much of his original form, but he was also mistake-prone.

This is where the flawed evidence comes in. ESPN.com recently got statistical to highlight Clady’s 2011 woes. In 16 starts, according to Stats L.L.C., Clady allowed a career-high nine sacks and was penalized 12 times. Since allowing just a half-sack as a rookie, Clady has given up 24.5 sacks over the past three years.

Here’s the problem: “sacks allowed” is a respectable statistic, but only if taken with a grain of salt. The people at Stats who track and grade game action are required to record the result of a play, not what actually happened on a play. In Clady’s case, many of his allowed sacks were a consequence of Tim Tebow’s running around to buy time. Sure, the man Clady blocked may have gotten the sack, but Clady successfully blocked for an entire seven-step drop; Tebow just turned it into a 13-step drop.

Another caveat: a “sacks allowed” stat can show that a talented left tackle was beaten by a talented edge rusher one or two times, but it can’t show that that talented left tackle singlehandedly kept the talented edge rusher at bay on the other 30-something dropbacks. Sometimes what’s more important than what a player did on a play was what a player was asked to do. Last seaon, the Broncos were often able to ask their left tackle to face the opposing team’s top pass rusher with no tight end help or even a chip block.

This is not meant to be a defense of Ryan Clady. Although Clady did improve as a run blocker in 2011, his overall play has indeed dipped a bit from his first two years. Twelve penalties are far too many, and so are nine sacks when considering that Denver ranked 32nd in pass attempts. But there needs to be more emphasis on the grain of salt. Watch the film and you’ll see, quite clearly, that Clady is a good football player. He just is. The numbers suggest he’s a bottom-feeder; the film shows he’s a top-feeder.

To judge Clady, or any offensive lineman, solely on his “sacks allowed” is akin to judging quarterbacks on interceptions. Fewer negative plays does not equal better performance. Alex Smith threw five interceptions last season; Tom Brady threw 12. But because quarterbacks can be portrayed through multiple statistical categories, no one in their right mind would argue that Smith was a better quarterback than Brady. Smith threw for 3,144 yards; Brady threw for 5,235. Smith had 17 touchdowns; Brady had 39.

Unfortunately, offensive linemen have no other statistics. Sure, there are the little-known rushing stats by field lane (the Broncos when running left last season had 67 power runs, 22 runs of 10-plus yards and 19 negative plays, which are solid all-around numbers), but those are vague and often misleading. For example, a lot of runs to the left are set up by a right guard’s pull block. How is that depicted in the stats?

Many football statistics are circumstantial and/or influenced by a multitude of factors. What’s important is to trust how a player – especially an offensive lineman – looks on film and make that the backbone of evaluation. Because this is what quality front offices do, don’t be surprised if Denver’s “mistake-prone” left tackle soon becomes one of the highest-paid players at his position.

BigMeatballDave
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/statistics-dont-tell-story-for-ryan-clady/

Statistics Don’t Tell Story for Ryan Clady

Reports about a possible contract extension for Broncos left tackle Ryan Clady recently led to a wave of arguments that his performance had been declining. Those arguments aren’t flawed, but their main points of evidence are.

In truth, Clady’s performance has declined. As a first-round rookie in 2008, he instantly proved to be football’s most athletic left tackle, if not football’s best left tackle. His 2009 season was equally impressive. In the spring of 2010, however, Clady tore his patellar tendon in a pickup basketball game. He didn’t miss any regular-season action, but he clearly didn’t have the same explosiveness. Last season, he regained much of his original form, but he was also mistake-prone.

This is where the flawed evidence comes in. ESPN.com recently got statistical to highlight Clady’s 2011 woes. In 16 starts, according to Stats L.L.C., Clady allowed a career-high nine sacks and was penalized 12 times. Since allowing just a half-sack as a rookie, Clady has given up 24.5 sacks over the past three years.

Here’s the problem: “sacks allowed” is a respectable statistic, but only if taken with a grain of salt. The people at Stats who track and grade game action are required to record the result of a play, not what actually happened on a play. In Clady’s case, many of his allowed sacks were a consequence of Tim Tebow’s running around to buy time. Sure, the man Clady blocked may have gotten the sack, but Clady successfully blocked for an entire seven-step drop; Tebow just turned it into a 13-step drop.

Another caveat: a “sacks allowed” stat can show that a talented left tackle was beaten by a talented edge rusher one or two times, but it can’t show that that talented left tackle singlehandedly kept the talented edge rusher at bay on the other 30-something dropbacks. Sometimes what’s more important than what a player did on a play was what a player was asked to do. Last seaon, the Broncos were often able to ask their left tackle to face the opposing team’s top pass rusher with no tight end help or even a chip block.

This is not meant to be a defense of Ryan Clady. Although Clady did improve as a run blocker in 2011, his overall play has indeed dipped a bit from his first two years. Twelve penalties are far too many, and so are nine sacks when considering that Denver ranked 32nd in pass attempts. But there needs to be more emphasis on the grain of salt. Watch the film and you’ll see, quite clearly, that Clady is a good football player. He just is. The numbers suggest he’s a bottom-feeder; the film shows he’s a top-feeder.

To judge Clady, or any offensive lineman, solely on his “sacks allowed” is akin to judging quarterbacks on interceptions. Fewer negative plays does not equal better performance. Alex Smith threw five interceptions last season; Tom Brady threw 12. But because quarterbacks can be portrayed through multiple statistical categories, no one in their right mind would argue that Smith was a better quarterback than Brady. Smith threw for 3,144 yards; Brady threw for 5,235. Smith had 17 touchdowns; Brady had 39.

Unfortunately, offensive linemen have no other statistics. Sure, there are the little-known rushing stats by field lane (the Broncos when running left last season had 67 power runs, 22 runs of 10-plus yards and 19 negative plays, which are solid all-around numbers), but those are vague and often misleading. For example, a lot of runs to the left are set up by a right guard’s pull block. How is that depicted in the stats?

Many football statistics are circumstantial and/or influenced by a multitude of factors. What’s important is to trust how a player – especially an offensive lineman – looks on film and make that the backbone of evaluation. Because this is what quality front offices do, don’t be surprised if Denver’s “mistake-prone” left tackle soon becomes one of the highest-paid players at his position.Albert > Clady

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 12:35 PM
The world would be a better place if there were greater people like me and less people like you.The "less" thing is funny, but using "greater" just sounds fucking stupid. I give your joke a C-

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure the way you're using it is merely implying other words. When you say "greater" as a quantifier, you mean "greater [numbers of people]"

To me, even though you're using the word to mean "more", that's cheating. It's still just a qualifier. Nothing more.

See, I could have said "nothing greater" just now, but it means something different in a subtle way. "Nothing more" is referring to the number of functions it can serve. "Nothing greater" is referring to the quality of the function it performs now.

Saul Good
05-22-2012, 12:43 PM
The "less" thing is funny, but using "greater" just sounds ****ing stupid. I give your joke a C-

"Less" is just such an amazing word that "greater" simply sounded stupid by comparison.

Saul Good
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure the way you're using it is merely implying other words. When you say "greater" as a quantifier, you mean "greater [numbers of people]"

To me, even though you're using the word to mean "more", that's cheating. It's still just a qualifier. Nothing more.

See, I could have said "nothing greater" just now, but it means something different in a subtle way. "Nothing more" is referring to the number of functions it can serve. "Nothing greater" is referring to the quality of the function it performs now.

I really couldn't care fewer about your grammar ideas.

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I really couldn't care fewer about your grammar ideas.Fewer what? No matter how you want to use "less," that doesn't mean you can spread "fewer" around the same way. Like feces on a wall.

Saul Good
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Fewer what? No matter how you want to use "less," that doesn't mean you can spread "fewer" around the same way. Like feces on a wall.

Fewer simply isn't a versatile word.

Ming the Merciless
05-22-2012, 01:16 PM
should we make this official? I got MagicHef and SnR.....two is probably the most badges of shame i would want to wear...

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
should we make this official? I got MagicHef and SnR.....two is probably the most badges of shame i would want to wear...It's up to you if you want MagicHef in on this or not. But count me in. It's a deal. I'll shake on it. Personally, I don't see how you can honor this bet with two people if you lose, but that's up to you to figure out.

Just to confirm what the terms are:

If Cassel has more TDs AND a better TD:INT ratio, Pawnmower wins

If Manning has more TDs AND a better TD:INT ratio, SNR wins

If there's a split in either direction (Ex: Cassel has a better ratio, Manning has more TDs) then nobody wins and the signature bet is off.

Injuries are fair game and factor into the bet. If either QB gets injured on the first snap of Week 1 and is out for the season, the bet is still on. Benchings for saving team strength or for poor play may also be included.

The loser must wear a signature of the winner's choosing from the end of the regular season until draft day. The signature can't contain:
-NSFW stuff
-Pictures

It CAN contain:
-Links
-Terrance Copper stuff

Ming the Merciless
05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
It's up to you if you want MagicHef in on this or not. But count me in. It's a deal. I'll shake on it. Personally, I don't see how you can honor this bet with two people if you lose, but that's up to you to figure out.

Hrm.....well my priority is with you, but I wasnt sure if i could do the sigs side by side or top/bottom..I don't know too much about the sig system.

If it is possible to do two sigs...ill do two if i lose...if not then I will just bet with SNR since I was kind of talking to you first about it...

I agree to the conditions you mentioned.

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh, and let's just make a gentleman's agreement that neither person will run away completely if they lose the bet. They have to keep posting like they normally would. I know obligations and life stuff are always present, so let's just agree that neither person will go into lurk mode.

For me, it will be draft season. I'll get my share of posts in there one way or the other.

Ming the Merciless
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh, and let's just make a gentleman's agreement that neither person will run away completely if they lose the bet. They have to keep posting like they normally would. I know obligations and life stuff are always present, so let's just agree that neither person will go into lurk mode.

For me, it will be draft season. I'll get my share of posts in there one way or the other.

absolutely....I know you won't and neither will I....Jan - April is a slow time, but I still post and check in!

vailpass
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM

absolutely....I know you won't and neither will I....Jan - April is a slow time, but I still post and check in!

I'd like to see you boys take a 48 hour cooling off period before you enter into this wager. It's clear you don't have anything against each other; maybe one or both of you would like to reconsider?

I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I'd like to see you boys take a 48 hour cooling off period before you enter into this wager. It's clear you don't have anything against each other; maybe one or both of you would like to reconsider?

I just don't want to see anyone get hurt.GET OUT! WE'RE BRAWLIN!

ModSocks
05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
It's up to you if you want MagicHef in on this or not. But count me in. It's a deal. I'll shake on it. Personally, I don't see how you can honor this bet with two people if you lose, but that's up to you to figure out.

Just to confirm what the terms are:

If Cassel has more TDs AND a better TD:INT ratio, Pawnmower wins

If Manning has more TDs AND a better TD:INT ratio, SNR wins

If there's a split in either direction (Ex: Cassel has a better ratio, Manning has more TDs) then nobody wins and the signature bet is off.

Injuries are fair game and factor into the bet. If either QB gets injured on the first snap of Week 1 and is out for the season, the bet is still on. Benchings for saving team strength or for poor play may also be included.

The loser must wear a signature of the winner's choosing from the end of the regular season until draft day. The signature can't contain:
-NSFW stuff
-Pictures

It CAN contain:
-Links
-Terrance Copper stuff

No pictures? WTF kinda pussy ass bet is that? At least knowmo had pictures.....c'mon.

RealSNR
05-22-2012, 04:41 PM
No pictures? WTF kinda pussy ass bet is that? At least knowmo had pictures.....c'mon.Pictures beat me as a child and raped my sister.

There. Now you know.

vailpass
05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Pictures beat me as a child and raped my sister.

There. Now you know.

LMAO

MagicHef
05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
You asked SNR first, so if you want to just bet with him, that's fine.

Okie_Apparition
05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
A nice glass of Oh-Yeah Orange-Pineapple
for the contestants