PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nick Jacobs. Great live tweets from OTA's.

Pages : [1] 2

aturnis
05-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Give this guy a follow on Twitter. Arrowheadpride posted a bunch of his tweets, here's what they had to say:

Update for 6/12:

@Jacobs71
@blackNOTmixed If Siler can stay healthy he is the ILB next to DJ. Big/physical thumper. Good athleticism.

@Jacobs71
@blackNOTmixed Siler had to be 100% for them to allow him back on the field. He looked good. I know he was excited to get back out there.

@Jacobs71
@FritzHrdlicka3 Cassel is your starter. Stanzi is definitely pushing for backup though.

‏@Jacobs71
@RJonesing Flowers and DB's couldn't jam because of the no contact.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC A note, the cornerbacks were not jamming against the WRs. So the WR had good cushions to start off.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Cyrus Gray had a beautiful cutback run and nothing but wide open space.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Jerrell Powe seems to be late getting his hands up and into the defender.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Stanzi had a nice ball to Steve Maneri on an intermediate route over the middle.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Eric Winston has perfect short/choppy steps, good bend and locks down his guy.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Tim Biere was getting reps at the FB/Hback spot today. I think it's a perfect spot for him.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Dexter McCluster without a doubt has the best/quickest routes of all the receivers.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Alex Tanney's first pass sailed over the receiver. Then he forced a couple of passes after that.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Kinnie had a very acrobatic over the middle. Leaped up and make a great extended catch.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Stanzi got the ball out quick and accurate everytime.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Bellamy had a really nice crossing route and got himself wide open with his acceleration out of his cut.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC I counted atleast 7 drops from the WRs today.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Shaun Draughn looked really quick out of the flats on flare passes.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Elam had a nice pick of Cassel over the middle.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Really good to see Cyrus Gray out there. The guy has such crisp cuts and really good speed.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Travis Daniels was a FS and Abram Elam was at SS on 1st team.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Poe started at NT today during team.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Brandon Kinnie with a nice fly route. Cassel with a really good throw.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Terrance Copper had a really crisp route on Donald Washington. Easy catch.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Terrance Parks had good coverage and broke up a couple of passes.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Zeke Markshausen beat Flowers deep on a pass.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Breaston had a nice fake out/ double move on Routt to get wide open over the middle.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Stanzi had a nice ball outside the numbers to Josh Bellamy.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Stanzi had a wow ball in the back corner of the end zone. Perfectly placed over Flowers to Copper for a TD during 7 on 7.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Daboll praised Baldwin a lot today on his route running.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Hemingway is rounding out his routes instead of crisp cuts. He seems to be slipping a lot.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Daboll has done a great job teaching McCluster how to use his body to get open.

@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Arenas did a good job playing in WR hip all day. Batted down a couple passes.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Stanzi had a nice deep ball to Copper for a TD in 7 on 7.

‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs MC Baldwin looked really impressive against Brandon Flowers in his route running today. He was open all day.

All original tweets from May 21st/24th can be found here (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/5/25/3043870/chiefs-otas-some-real-football-news#storyjump).

Thanks for the help on updates Tribal Warfare! Thanks ChiefsandO's!

Hoover
05-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Fantastic!

milkman
05-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Didn't Bob Gretz tell us that Quinn was the more impressive passer in these OTAs.

I do like hearing that Poe is working hard and trying to soak in everything.
Gives me some hope that we didn't blow that pick.

buddha
05-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Solid Tweets...Nick does a very nice job.

Deberg_1990
05-26-2012, 09:41 AM
@jacobs71

I can totally see McCluster putting up 1000 yards recieving with this potent Daboll offense

buddha
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Didn't Bob Gretz tell us that Quinn was the more impressive passer in these OTAs.

I do like hearing that Poe is working hard and trying to soak in everything.
Gives me some hope that we didn't blow that pick.

I don't think we did. It's actually better that we have lower early expectations for Poe and nobody is expecting him to be "great" right out of the box.

Everybody has said that he's quick off the line and that he works hard. When you can store 350 on a frame like his and have both of those thing working for you, it has work out well.

buddha
05-26-2012, 09:43 AM
@jacobs71

I can totally see McCluster putting up 1000 yards recieving with this potent Daboll offense

Yes...always better to hope for failure. Got it.

cabletech94
05-26-2012, 09:50 AM
so if i'm understanding this correctly: mark castle is fixed!

to the delorian?

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Sounds like we've ridden Cassel so hard it got his attention. Way to go ChiefsPlanet .

milkman
05-26-2012, 10:00 AM
so if i'm understanding this correctly: mark castle is fixed!

to the delorian?

Tom House taught him to read defenses too?

cabletech94
05-26-2012, 10:02 AM

can MC read anything?

prhom
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM

We can wish, right? Maybe a little better mechanics will at least give him the confidence to attempt the wide open throws he usually checks out of?

BigMeatballDave
05-26-2012, 10:06 AM
LMAO

Clay is gonna flip out over those Dex tweets.

In58men
05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Wonder if Clay read the 2nd quote?

milkman
05-26-2012, 10:08 AM
can MC read anything?

Flash cards?

Coogs
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM

I heard they did some flash card drills to distinguish the difference between O-linemen and RB's for when we run screen passes.

milkman
05-26-2012, 10:11 AM
LMAO

Clay is gonna flip out over those Dex tweets.

I feel the same way about McCluster as Claythan does.

If DaBoll can find a way to utilize him the way it was envisioned when he was drafted, then great.

However, there are guys that think that McCluster is elusive and weapon already, and he's not, so I am not going to get excited about what some fan boy wanna be reporter tweets from OTAs.

Fritz88
05-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Cassel tweets provide hope. My guess is 13 wins this season.

rico
05-26-2012, 10:39 AM
IF there is any merit or truth to the Cassel tweets, then well... I will be very happy. I want the Cassel era as we know it to end and am not a fan of the guy (on the field), BUT if he really has improved and if he is able to excel under the Daboll offense, then I will be content with it. I don't want any Chief to fail, especially if they are starting at an integral position. I just have some major doubts/skepticism that some of Cassel's shortcomings are fixable at this point...but I would love to be proven wrong.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-26-2012, 10:41 AM
BAN HIM FOR POSTING POSITIVE REPORTS!!!

In58men
05-26-2012, 10:44 AM

If DaBoll can find a way to utilize him the way it was envisioned when he was drafted, then great.

However, there are guys that think that McCluster is elusive and weapon already, and he's not, so I am not going to get excited about what some fan boy wanna be reporter tweets from OTAs.

McCluster has a lot of potential. He had a minor set back with his ankle. He's got great vision. Only thing he needs to work on is ball control. He fumbles in crucial times, but this can easily be fixed. He's got Hillis and Charles to help him out.

I like McCluster and teams are going to forget about DMC come playing time and that's when we give him the rock. Don't count out DMC just yet, give him another year. These kids can't learn from different offensive coordinators, we need a steady coaching staff. Give him another year.

milkman
05-26-2012, 10:48 AM
McCluster has a lot of potential. He had a minor set back with his ankle. He's got great vision. Only thing he needs to work on is ball control. He fumbles in crucial times, but this can easily be fixed. He's got Hillis and Charles to help him out.

I like McCluster and teams are going to forget about DMC come playing time and that's when we give him the rock. Don't count out DMC just yet, give him another year. These kids can't learn from different offensive coordinators, we need a steady coaching staff. Give him another year.

McCluster's game relies on speed and elusiveness, and he really isn't fast, and neither is he elusive.

You don't learn elusiveness.
You either have it or you don't, and he "don't".

BoneKrusher
05-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Sounds like we've ridden Cassel so hard it got his attention. Way to go ChiefsPlanet .

:thumb:

Three7s
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Some of these tweets just sound like a homer posting random junk. At least he's critical too, like with Stephenson.

In58men
05-26-2012, 11:03 AM
McCluster's game relies on speed and elusiveness, and he really isn't fast, and neither is he elusive.

He was out 6 weeks his rookie year and came into a shit team in 2011. Why wouldn't he rely on his speed? Lots of players rely on their speed, that statement doesn't make to sense to me. You'll see this season what DMC will bring, I can't keep going back and forth because he really hasn't had a chance yet. Our line was shitty, our HC was garbage and now it's starting to look like a steady coaching staff. You can't make all opinions you want and so can I, but we'll just see what he brings this season. If I'm wrong....I'm wrong. I say he's going to have a good year.

milkman
05-26-2012, 11:06 AM
He was out 6 weeks his rookie year and came into a shit team in 2011. Why wouldn't he rely on his speed? Lots of players rely on their speed, that statement doesn't make to sense to me. You'll see this season what DMC will bring, I can't keep going back and forth because he really hasn't had a chance yet. Our line was shitty, our HC was garbage and now it's starting to look like a steady coaching staff. You can't make all opinions you want and so can I, but we'll just see what he brings this season. If I'm wrong....I'm wrong. I say he's going to have a good year.

I am not critsizing McCluster for relying on speed.

I am criticizing his lack of speed.

BossChief
05-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't think DMC has good vision, either.

WhiteWhale
05-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Also let's think about this another way.

Remember how excited the team was about McCluster after his OTA's as a rookie? Remember that hype?

Seems he's a star in padless practices. I bet he's awesome at flag football.

Sorter
05-26-2012, 11:42 AM
The nice part about this is it seems that we will be moving DMC around. Hopefully this means, no more dumb screens, dumpoffs, and outs that everyone knows are coming. However, that would primarily rely on Cassel...

WhiteWhale
05-26-2012, 11:42 AM

Guys can get more comfortable after some time. They can start to understand the speed of the game and the tendencies of NFL players... who tackle low far more often than defenders in college.

I'd also be really careful here. This is real similar to the "Hali can't get any better" rhetoric.

Dante Hall couldn't elude anyone early on and 90% of Chiefs fans were chanting for JJ moses to take his job. He was pretty elusive in his prime I think.

What he won't do is get faster. I mean it's possible... young guys can get faster as they reach their prime... but it's not gonna happen.

Sorter
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I will say that the best part of these reports is that there was not a single mention of a sprint draw. If that is removed entirely from the playbook, we will be an improved team.

Direckshun
05-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll say this.

Cassel has only had one really perfect offseason here in KC. And he played pretty good for him.

He's getting one perfect, harmonious offseason again. Will be interesting to see what he can do.

I fear we are about to have a really good Matt Cassel season. :facepalm:

tk13
05-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I've said this 100 times. But McCluster is a guy that if he played for the Eagles, they'd at least play to his strengths and probably find ways to get him in space. And we'd be sitting here wondering why we didn't have a guy like that. Not an all-star but a nice complimentary piece that gets you occasional chunks of yards.

tk13
05-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I'll say this.

Cassel has only had one really perfect offseason here in KC. And he played pretty good for him.

He's getting one perfect, harmonious offseason again. Will be interesting to see what he can do.

It's an even-numbered year. Cassel always plays well in an even-numbered year.

-King-
05-26-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll say this.

A good Matt Cassel season = Us finishing at 10-6 at worst.

A really good Matt Cassel season would be 13-3.

rico
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I tweeted him and said that I saw where Gretz wrote that he was most impressed with Quinn. I asked how he thinks Gretz came to this conclusion. Jacobs responded with, "Just his opinion. I saw him throw balls in the dirt and really struggles outside the numbers. His ball lacks zip."

Rausch
05-26-2012, 12:11 PM

I think he has "game day speed."

He doesn't have game day tackle breaking ability.

He doesn't have the ability to shrug press coverage to get open on game day.

Right now he's Dante Hall in year 1.

He has something but we need to isolate that one thing and limit him to it...

Chief3188
05-26-2012, 12:21 PM

No but he made him sit on a bench and put on a hat one handed over 100 times a day. He is fixed now.

BoneKrusher
05-26-2012, 12:23 PM
No but he made him sit on a bench and put on a hat one handed over 100 times a day. He is fixed now.

ROFL

Chief3188
05-26-2012, 12:36 PM

I just don't see all the bagging on Mccluster after his 2nd season (Without an offseason last year does merit consideration as well)

When he contributed 516 yards rushing with a 4.5 ypc average and added 46 catches for 330 yards in a shit offense with no threat of a passing attack.

Dexter is a utility player plain and simple and he may never contribute much more than that numbers wise but his flexibility to contribute as a RB, a WR on short to intermediate routes and on special teams can make him quite useful. He has not really ever been able to focus on one area here and 2 seasons one of those without an offseason he is expected to know the ins and outs of 2 different offenses at RB, WR and special teams? He looked pretty good his first few weeks as a rookie before getting hurt as he had 2 very exciting TD's in his first 3 games.

I get that some people are mad that we used a 2nd round pick on a utility player and I get it but don't use that as ammo against a player and what he can contribute to this team. The focus of our 2010 draft was to mainly increase team speed as evidenced by our first 3 picks in Berry, Mccluster and Arenas. Dexter has the ability to be a playmaker in my opinion and I don't see our front office ever feeling comfortable enough that they have too many playmakers to just outright release him. The same people bagging on him will be same people shitting down Pioli's throat if he was released and starting making plays for another team. The kid deserves to play at least 2 seasons on the same offense before getting all the shit he is getting despite his decent level of production on a crap offense ran by a geriatric and a control freak.

05-26-2012, 01:18 PM
its OTAs. Cassel having a good morning doesn't mean squat.

nychief
05-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Are they in pads? How could whoeverthisis hear the Albino Rhino popping pads?

Ace Gunner
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
"For those who don't know Matt Cassel has been working with pitching coach Tom House"

:facepalm: maybe he can get cassel to pitch from the stretch

TRR
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Are they in pads? How could whoeverthisis hear the Albino Rhino popping pads?

They are in shoulder pads and helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device

nychief
05-26-2012, 01:37 PM
They are in shoulder pads and helmets.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
"For those who don't know Matt Cassel has been working with pitching coach Tom House"

Brady and Brees thought he was worth thier time, so I'm not understanding the facepalm.

Quesadilla Joe
05-26-2012, 01:47 PM

He also spent some time at UCLA working with Noel Mazzone (Philip Rivers' college coach)

TRR
05-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Brady and Brees thought he was worth thier time, so I'm not understanding the facepalm.

Anything to p*ss and moan about...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
05-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Anything to p*ss and moan about...
Posted via Mobile Device

Toddler Planet

Ace Gunner
05-26-2012, 01:53 PM

cassel pitches the football. he has a wind up, always has. works in baseball, the play doesn't start until the pitcher delivers, but in football, the play has already started before the "pitcher" can get to the "mound" if you follow. it's my opinion matt cassel's failures are primarily due to that baseball wind up. it takes too much time from the moment he finds his man to the moment the ball leaves his hands. he constantly throws off target because his target isn't standing at the plate, he's moving at 4.4/40yd speed.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Sweet. I've been craving some Chiefs news.

TRR
05-26-2012, 02:02 PM
cassel pitches the football. he has a wind up, always has. works in baseball, the play doesn't start until the pitcher delivers, but in football, the play has already started before the "pitcher" can get to the "mound" if you follow. it's my opinion matt cassel's failures are primarily due to that baseball wind up. it takes too much time from the moment he finds his man to the moment the ball leaves his hands. he constantly throws off target because his target isn't standing at the plate, he's moving at 4.4/40yd speed.

You nailed it. You should really submit your coaching resume to some NFL teams. If only Zorn and House knew what you know about Cassel and his mechanical issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
05-26-2012, 02:10 PM
You nailed it. You should really submit your coaching resume to some NFL teams. If only Zorn and House knew what you know about Cassel and his mechanical issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

heh, like I said -- maybe they can get him to pitch from the stretch

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I just don't see all the bagging on Mccluster after his 2nd season (Without an offseason last year does merit consideration as well)

When he contributed 516 yards rushing with a 4.5 ypc average and added 46 catches for 330 yards in a shit offense with no threat of a passing attack.

Dexter is a utility player plain and simple and he may never contribute much more than that numbers wise but his flexibility to contribute as a RB, a WR on short to intermediate routes and on special teams can make him quite useful. He has not really ever been able to focus on one area here and 2 seasons one of those without an offseason he is expected to know the ins and outs of 2 different offenses at RB, WR and special teams? He looked pretty good his first few weeks as a rookie before getting hurt as he had 2 very exciting TD's in his first 3 games.

I get that some people are mad that we used a 2nd round pick on a utility player and I get it but don't use that as ammo against a player and what he can contribute to this team. The focus of our 2010 draft was to mainly increase team speed as evidenced by our first 3 picks in Berry, Mccluster and Arenas. Dexter has the ability to be a playmaker in my opinion and I don't see our front office ever feeling comfortable enough that they have too many playmakers to just outright release him. The same people bagging on him will be same people shitting down Pioli's throat if he was released and starting making plays for another team. The kid deserves to play at least 2 seasons on the same offense before getting all the shit he is getting despite his decent level of production on a crap offense ran by a geriatric and a control freak.

This is a great post. Especially for a n00b. Our whole team had an off year last year. I for one think McCluster has the ability to make plays. I also think he might be the type of player somewhat like Charles that just needs more touches to get into rythym. I think Haley had a fuck it attitude and had no heart in his job from the get go last year and now with Crennel we're gonna see a team with a whole new attitude. I'm really,really looking forward to playing against Peyton manning just to kick his ASS and show the rest of the division we're the team to beat.

Rasputin
05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Am ready for some football.

Sure would be nice if D Bowe was out there in practice but at least it helps get some of the other players get extra reps.

Peyton Hillis is going be such an upgrade over Jones, bout fucking time.

Mcluster has a chance to make plays in this offence and with Wylie giving competition for playing time is a good thing. Am rooting for both of them making the best of opportunities. I also like that they can move Dexter around and defences are going have to account for him on the field. If the QB can do his job that will help tremendously for play making opportunities.

I still think Matts problem is he is too slow with his reaction time from thinking about what he has to do. That goes with his wind up and delivery. He needs to make quick decisive decisions and go with it. I can't get excited about Matt Cassel what so ever. I'm looking forward to see Stanzi in preseason to see if he can take over the job at some point. I am meh on Quinn right now, I look at him as another potential rehash QB that keeps us in the mediocre purgatory.

Chiefaholic
05-26-2012, 04:48 PM

“He’s hard to cover one-on-one,” Crennel said. “That’s the biggest issue. He is quick, fast and generally, it’s hard for one person to cover him.”

It's obvious that a person of your profession would have better player evaluation than a man who's made it his living a hell of a long time. So I choose to take YOUR word for it.

milkman
05-26-2012, 04:50 PM
“He’s hard to cover one-on-one,” Crennel said. “That’s the biggest issue. He is quick, fast and generally, it’s hard for one person to cover him.”

It's obvious that a person of your profession would have better player evaluation than a man who's made it his living a hell of a long time. So I choose to take YOUR word for it.

I get it.

You have no ability to form an opinion on your own, so you rely on others to form one for you.

Good for you.

Brock
05-26-2012, 04:50 PM

You certainly wouldn't want to just watch the guy and formulate your own opinion, after all, who can question the kind of production he's brought to the table?

BoneKrusher
05-26-2012, 05:00 PM
heh, like I said -- maybe they can get him to pitch from the stretch

maybe he can change the Seventh Inning Stretch to the Third Down Stretch.:thumb:

Bowser
05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
You certainly wouldn't want to just watch the guy and formulate your own opinion, after all, who can question the kind of production he's brought to the table?

He may have only scored four touchdowns in his career, but they were IMPORTANT touchdowns!

/derp

Chiefaholic
05-26-2012, 05:04 PM

My opinion from the games that I watch was that the guy can make a few decent plays a game if used to his strength. He's too small to succeed if he's bumped at the line, therefore we HAVE to have a QB with the ability to stretch a defense and keep them honest. When a QB doesn't scare a secondary, opponents stack the line and basically rule out what I FEEL is DMC's strength. We have to have a deep threat in the secondary, we have to have a running game (have that), which opens the field for DMC to find a hole and make plays. That's just MY opinion which coincides with what our current head coach thinks.

BryanBusby
05-26-2012, 05:04 PM
This time of the year is the most humorous, where people even fall into the trap and believe that Matt Cassel doesn't suck.

BoneKrusher
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
This time of the year is the most humorous, where people even fall into the trap and believe that Matt Cassel doesn't suck.

for me, NEVER. :p

Chiefaholic
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
He may have only scored four touchdowns in his career, but they were IMPORTANT touchdowns!

/derp

He's NEVER going to be a 15-20 TD guy his entire career. That's the purpose of guys like Bowe, Charles, Hillis, etc.. DMC is a complimentary player who I feel has the ability to keep plays alive and let our franchise players do their jobs.

Tribal Warfare
05-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Yes, before the 1st read is gone and EEEEEK here comes the passrush.

Bowser
05-26-2012, 05:07 PM
McCluster is the newer, smaller, quicker version of Kimble Anders. He'll do ok on those flat routes, quick hitters, and screens (provided there isn't an interception on the play, Cassel. You nimrod).

I don't think he's going to be our secret weapon or any of that, just a guy that can make a play if they use him right from time to time.

Bowser
05-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Then again, maybe they give that job to Cyrus Gray and tell McCluster to kick rock.

rtmike
05-26-2012, 05:36 PM

Oh, that makes me feel better.

whoman69
05-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Snotty response aside, I'm sure they know about his mechanical issues. Problem is that most will fall back on old ways when pushed. Haley and Crennel have both pointed out the fact that Matt tends to go back to what he knows, instead of what he has been taught. Its got to be second nature. Its obviously not.

petegz28
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
If Cassel can improve just enough to where defenses are not constantly stacking the box against the run then I think we are going to have a legit shot at the division this year.

Other things I like hearing is the smoothness of the practice and Romeo allowing the coaches to coach.

I think we are going to see a big difference from the Haley Chiefs.

cabletech94
05-26-2012, 07:28 PM
If Cassel can improve just enough to where defenses are not constantly stacking the box against the run then I think we are going to have a legit shot at the division this year.

Other things I like hearing is the smoothness of the practice and Romeo allowing the coaches to coach.

I think we are going to see a big difference from the Haley Chiefs.

i am sooooooo pulling for this scenario. i wouldn't be upset with a trent dilfer-esque performance.

Rasputin
05-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh, that makes me feel better.

Yes :clap: important thing to remember, NOT JONES.

InChiefsHeaven
05-26-2012, 09:35 PM
How come they keep referring to Poe as a FB...Full Back??

-King-
05-26-2012, 09:39 PM

Football.

Tribal Warfare
05-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Stanzi looked better in day 2 and threw some WOW passes.

@TheFilmRoom I can’t help it if Stanzi is improving in mechanics and throwing some impressive passes.

#Chiefs OTAs Three players who impressed me the most in Day 2 1. Jonathan Baldwin 2. Ricky Stanzi 3. Dexter Heyman

Stanzimania builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasputin
05-26-2012, 09:43 PM

I read it like full back too. LMAO but it's foose ball.

Bewbies
05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Every year we hear of how good Cassel is and then the games start and we see otherwise...

BossChief
05-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Everybody has a plan till they get hit in the mouth. /tyson

Tribal Warfare
05-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Everybody has a plan till they get hit in the mouth. /tyson

oddly enough I was thinking of the same quote too

Chief3188
05-27-2012, 12:09 AM
This is a great post. Especially for a n00b. Our whole team had an off year last year. I for one think McCluster has the ability to make plays. I also think he might be the type of player somewhat like Charles that just needs more touches to get into rythym. I think Haley had a **** it attitude and had no heart in his job from the get go last year and now with Crennel we're gonna see a team with a whole new attitude. I'm really,really looking forward to playing against Peyton manning just to kick his ASS and show the rest of the division we're the team to beat.

No doubt. I would love nothing more than to see Manning walking out of Arrowhead with is head hanging and regretting his decision to not have our defense playing on his behalf rather than destroying him with multiple hits from the likes of Hali, Houston, Bailey and Berry. That is if his old broke neck ass even makes it to the first Chiefs Broncos game.

aturnis
05-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Snotty response aside, I'm sure they know about his mechanical issues. Problem is that most will fall back on old ways when pushed. Haley and Crennel have both pointed out the fact that Matt tends to go back to what he knows, instead of what he has been taught. Its got to be second nature. Its obviously not.

Link? I consider myself pretty avid in keeping up with all things Chiefs related, and I'm never heard either say anything of this nature.

Tribal Warfare
05-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Link? I consider myself pretty avid in keeping up with all things Chiefs related, and I'm never heard either say anything of this nature.

It's also a secular belief concerning QB's under pressure which is a major gripe with Tebow's slow-ass delivery about going to old habits.

Setsuna
05-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Where's pesty when seeing that Quinn tweet? Dude knows he could possibly start and is choking in otas already. Pathetic.

aturnis
05-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Where's pesty when seeing that Quinn tweet? Dude knows he could possibly start and is choking in otas already. Pathetic.

You mean these?

Brady Quinn struggles to throw that out routes with any accuracy. They are in the dirt or wide of the target.

3 Players who underwhelmed me in Day 2 1. Brady Quinn 2. Donald Stephenson 3. Steve Maneri

Meanwhile Stanzi is throwing WoW passes...

Good thing he has a better understanding of the offense he's already spent a year in! :thumb:

Setsuna
05-27-2012, 02:11 AM
You mean these?

Meanwhile Stanzi is throwing WoW passes...

Good thing he has a better understanding of the offense he's already spent a year in! :thumb:

:LOL: :clap:

RustShack
05-28-2012, 01:48 AM
How do two people have completely different view of the QB's? Also who has a better opinion, Gretz or this guy who sounds like a total Cassel homer?

aturnis
05-28-2012, 02:34 AM
How do two people have completely different view of the QB's? Also who has a better opinion, Gretz or this guy who sounds like a total Cassel homer?

While I've always enjoyed Gretz for the information he provides about what is happening at OTA's and camp, I have never, and will never value his opinion of a football player...

BigRock
05-28-2012, 02:42 AM

He's not just a Cassel homer. There's like 7 total criticisms here, and half are about the technique or route-running of rookies.

aturnis
05-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Also, the only real opinion Jacobs threw out about Cassel, is that, at this point, he has been the best QB. Other than that, he pointed out that his training in the offseason seems to have helped. More of an observations than an endorsement. I don't see Cassel homer here.

Cassel has probably been fairly consistent and knows what he's doing, while Quinn has been throwing wide and in the dirt but knows the offense, and Stazi has been throwing WoW passes and is learning Daboll's offense for the first time.

Quinn ran this offense in 2009. Really don't know too terribly much about what this means for Cassel and Stanzi, but I'd imagine the offense is probably influenced a bit by Dabolls days as a WR coach in NE, as far as the system and lingo are concerned. Cassel might be privy to some of it, if not all.

Tribal Warfare
05-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Nick Jacobs Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/#!/Jacobs71)

Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Josh Bellamy ran some pretty good routes today but had a couple of his passes broken up after ball was in his hands.
Expand

23m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs There is great communication between Daboll and the QBs. The 2 minute drill looked good today.
Expand

27m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Nick Sirianni I'm telling you the WR coach pays attention to detail. I think the WR core is in great hands.
Expand

29m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs I saw Nate Eachus get a couple touches out of the backfield today.
Expand

30m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs In case you are wondering Bowe was still not at OTAs.
Expand

35m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs I like the chemistry building between Winston and Boss . I think they will make a good run blocking tandem.
Expand

36m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Gabe Miller sniffed out a couple of passes out of the flats. For no gain.
Expand

38m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Kevin Boss said in the locker room afterwards. (Baldwins Catch) One of the best grabs he had seen.
Expand

39m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Baldwin's catch would have made SC Top 10.
Expand

39m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Im going to RT it again. The Baldwin one handed grab was the SICKEST catch I have seen. He just palmed it with one hand. SICK!
Expand

41m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs I'm still a huge fan of Brian Daboll and the offense he is building. I saw motion on a ton of plays. It is definitely needed.
Expand

42m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs The Offense worked on 2 minute drill a lot today. They had great urgency and awareness.
Expand

42m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Tom McMahon had the special teams organized and structured. No confusion when they had to rush on for a field goal.
Expand

56m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Just a reminder I'm NOT live tweeting from OTAs. I tweet after I have left the facilities.
Expand

59m Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Baldwin made some nice grabs along the sidelines in couple of drills. Tapped both toes in.
Expand

1h Nick Jacobs Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Stanzi finished off the 2 minute drill with a TD pass over the middle to Jamar Newsome.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Devon Wylie beat Javier Arenas on a nice double move across the middle.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Shaun Draughns looked quicker today.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Mims and Stephenson both struggled in pass protection. Very nervous about backup OT.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs I saw Poe work a couple plays on field goal team at LG.
Expand

#Chiefs OTA Jeff Allen didn't have the boot on today but I didn't see him practice. I would say it was wise to hold him out.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Rodney Hudson held his ground in team today. He has bulked up and has some more flexibility.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Peyton Hillis had a nice catch out of the backfield during 2 minute drill. Last guy I want to tackle at full steam.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Brady Quinn had a nice deep ball to Brandon Kinnie on a fly route
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs McCluster looked just as good today as always. Got upfield very quickly and was huge in 2 minute drill.
Expand

#Chiefs OTA Stanford Routt did well against comeback route. Broke up 3 different passes against it.
Expand

#Chiefs OTA Stanzi looked really good in team and the 2 minute drill. Very decisive. He was able to fit the ball into windows.
Expand

#Chiefs OTAs Martin Rucker made a really great diving catch. Leaped out of length of defender.
Expand

Just headed back to the station now. Jonathan Baldwin had the sickest one handed catch with 10 seconds left in 2 minute drill. #Chiefs OTAs
Expand

Tribal Warfare
05-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

@FritzHrdlicka3 Quinn didn't look terrible. Stanzi looked better though.

boogblaster
05-29-2012, 03:06 PM
hope the kid gets lots of pre-season play .... and casshole falls down and breaks he's thumb again .....

Tribal Warfare
05-29-2012, 03:08 PM
hope the kid gets lots of pre-season play .... and casshole falls down and breaks he's thumb again .....

he's due for an ACL injury

RealSNR
05-29-2012, 03:13 PM
he's due for an ACL injuryWhere's Bernard Pollard these days and do we play him during the preseason/early regular season? The least he could do is clean up the mess he created.

Direckshun
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Still hoping for injury?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/bert%20mad/bsacISdonkey/Bert-1.jpg

Really?

Bewbies
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Still hoping for injury?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/bert%20mad/bsacISdonkey/Bert-1.jpg

Really?

I'd rather have coaches and a front office that see that our QB sucks. If that doesn't work....

RealSNR
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd rather have coaches and a front office that see that our QB sucks. If that doesn't work....
This.

gonefishin53
05-29-2012, 03:57 PM
If Stanzi shines in OTAs, maybe Pioli will allow training camp competition between his 2 QBs. I don't see how a throwing coach is going to make Cassel's pre snap command of the offense better or help his pocket presence post snap. In his only series behind potential NFL linemen last pre-season, I thought Stanzi's pre snap command and post snap pocket presence were NFL starter quality.

aturnis
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Updated the OP. Thanks for help updating Tribal!

Tribal Warfare
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Updated the OP. Thanks for help updating Tribal!

No problem :thumb:

aturnis
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Half-assed update in OP. Stanzi still killing it. Quinn nowhere to be found.

Ebolapox
06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Half-asked update in OP. Stanzi still killing it. Quinn nowhere to be found.

half-assed, you mean?

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 02:52 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Jacobs71

if you want to catch it in full if there is more added

Direckshun
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Poe is staying after practice.

HE STILL DOESN'T HAVE A CONTRACT YET.

Ohmygod, I may have a new favorite player.

Daru
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs Ricky Stanzi looked great again today. He is so accurate with the ball and sharp mechanics.

YES!! Stanzi throw the ball and aim at Cassels legs. Big strike with good spiral!

talastan
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Poe is staying after practice.

HE STILL DOESN'T HAVE A CONTRACT YET.

Ohmygod, I may have a new favorite player.

If Poe can deliver that punch up the middle our LBs are going to kill people in the backfield! :thumb:

aturnis
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
half-assed, you mean?

I've been punked by Autocorrect!

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Nick does great work

talastan
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Can someone update the OP or post some more? I'm unable to access twitter from my work.

aturnis
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Can someone update the OP or post some more? I'm unable to access twitter from my work.

:hmmm: not gonna be able to from my phone. I'll try to nab another computer. Un momento por favor.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

#Chiefs OTAs DJ had a very athletic INT today.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

Matt has looked good. He has improved his mechanics from last year. He has a better release and a better spiral.

LOL

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-01-2012, 03:22 PM

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
@Tribal_Warfare Matt has looked good. He has improved his mechanics from last year. He has a better release and a better spiral.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
@aturnis Check earlier in timeline. I have some observations on Stanzi.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
@JSpo_Naug WR is going to be really tough. My predictions are 1. Baldwin 2. Breaston 3. Copper 4. McCluster 5. Wylie 6. Hemingway or Bellamy

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Shaun Draughn had a couple of nice runs.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Fans are going to like Brian Daboll. He is building a really good offense. And does a good job keeping the urgency/tempo up.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
@KCKID913 Adam is right. Receivers had a case of the drops today. I counted 4 during team.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Tom McMahon and Derius Swinton are going to improve the special teams blocking this year.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Brandon Siler looks like he is getting healthy from his Achilles rupture last year.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Kevin Boss looked good in his routes today. Such an upgrade over Becht and Pope.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Stanzi had a nice throw to Wylie on an out route for a TD during team.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
@ryanbuckhout You see a big power back that is at full speed. Once they have pads and CAN hit. He is going to run over some people.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Once Jerome Long has a year or two in the Chiefs Weight Training program. I think they might having something.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Ricky Stanzi looked great again today. He is so accurate with the ball and sharp mechanics.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Peyton Hillis had a couple of nice runs. He is such a bruising runner. Perfect power back for KC.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
Chiefs OTAs Stanford Routt is the comeback king. He broke up 2 comeback routes today and 3 Tuesday.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Stanzi threw a beautiful ball to Wylie in back of endzone. Perfectly placed ball. DB couldn't get it. Wylie dropped it.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Ricky Stanzi looked great again. He threw some perfect passes. Multiple launch points because of pass rush but perfect spirals.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Darryl Harris worked some at RT today.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Chiefs worked on some Redzone situations today. Stanzi led his team to a TD.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Jake O'Connell was able to make a couple of tough catches in between defenders today during team.

talastan
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
:hmmm: not gonna be able to from my phone. I'll try to nab another computer. Un momento por favor.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

Matt has looked good. He has improved his mechanics from last year. He has a better release and a better spiral.

LOL

Rep to you guys! Thanks

Good to hear that DJ is doing well. It will be interesting to see him be able to move more freely if Poe can be the guy at NT.

talastan
06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks and rep ChiefsandO'sfan; the Stanzi news makes me hopeful....I really hope to get to see what the kid can do with the first team offense this preseason.

Swanman
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
It's an even-numbered year. Cassel always plays well in an even-numbered year.

That makes him the reverse Saberhagen.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks and rep ChiefsandO'sfan; the Stanzi news makes me hopeful....I really hope to get to see what the kid can do with the first team offense this preseason.

It's the same song and dance with Cassel, he looks good on the practice field but shits himself in real-time games.

aturnis
06-01-2012, 03:42 PM
OP officially updated. Thanks in part to ChiefsandO's.

durtyrute
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
It's the same song and dance with Cassel, he looks good on the practice field but shits himself in real-time games.

Didn't he get beat out by Brodie in his first year?

Ace Gunner
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

LOL

new tires on the pinto!
http://s3.racingjunk.com/ui/0/14/26020140-713-1971-FORD-PINTO-BUILT-302-C6.jpg

mdchiefsfan
06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I'll say this.

He switches years too. '08 was decent, '09 terrible, '10 decent, '11 terrible.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 03:51 PM
The way I'm reading this is Jacob's is homer of sorts because Cassel and Quin are having a good camp, but Stanzi is having a great camp.

Ultimately, we won't know until preseason starts.

talastan
06-01-2012, 03:53 PM
The way I'm reading this is Jacob's is homer of sorts because Cassel and Quin are having a good camp, but Stanzi is having a great camp.

What sucks is that unless there are torches and pitchforks at Arrowhead regardless of preseason Cassel will still start and because of his Cleveland ties Quinn will probably be number 2. :shake:

Easy 6
06-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Stanzi keeps sounding better & better... :whackit:

Mr. Laz
06-01-2012, 04:16 PM

but the bases for all that is DMC having the ability to make people miss and i just haven't seen it.

He is not big enough to play like a regular receiver
He is not really fast enough to blow by people
Haven't seen him make people miss much yet

so what exactly does he have that is going to make him better than the other players we have?

aturnis
06-01-2012, 04:18 PM

I hear what you're saying, but the proofs in the pudding. Stanzi is leading his offense into the endzone. That is a pretty big deal for any Chiefs QB.

Don't you remember OTA and training camp reports in past years? The offense couldn't get into the endzone, couldn't finish a 2 min. drill or redzone to save our lives. So we got all excited that our defense was gonna be good! Then, of course, they weren't. Our QB's have always sucked, and so has our offense since Trent Green. I think Stanzi has something going for him.

I don't hear Jacobs reporting on Cassel and Quinn TD's too often. Actually Quinn not at all I don't think and Cassel probably just the one handed catch by Baldwin. Maybe he's just omitting Cassel's TDs or maybe he's just not throwing a lot of them, but I haven't heard anything about Quinn doing overly well anywhere.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I hear what you're saying, but the proofs in the pudding. Stanzi is leading his offense into the endzone. That is a pretty big deal for any Chiefs QB.

Don't you remember OTA and training camp reports in past years? The offense couldn't get into the endzone, couldn't finish a 2 min. drill or redzone to save our lives. So we got all excited that our defense was gonna be good! Then, of course, they weren't. Our QB's have always sucked, and so has our offense since Trent Green. I think Stanzi has something going for him.

I don't hear Jacobs reporting on Cassel and Quinn TD's too often. Actually Quinn not at all I don't think and Cassel probably just the one handed catch by Baldwin. Maybe he's just omitting Cassel's TDs or maybe he's just not throwing a lot of them, but I haven't heard anything about Quinn doing overly well anywhere.

believe me I want to be amped, but my hopes and dreams about this are numbed. Until Cassel's gone, and his positive propaganda is over I'm not going to be overly excited.

Ace Gunner
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
jeff george was great during practice. amazing. no. really.

BigChiefFan
06-01-2012, 04:30 PM
One of the best things that could happen is Stanzi beating out Quinn for the number 2.

Easy 6
06-01-2012, 04:48 PM
One of the best things that could happen is Stanzi beating out Quinn for the number 2.

In my world its a foregone conclusion, i mean really, what positives have we heard about Quinn?

All i've heard is that his passes look just as bad as they always have, nothings changed.

unlurking

I thought he made several negative comments about Quinn? Someone hear even posted something along the lines of "don't tell SNR".

Unfortunately I'm too lazy to go back and look.

EDIT:
OK, so I guess I'm not THAT lazy.

Brady Quinn (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/16698/brady-quinn) struggles to throw that out routes with any accuracy. They are in the dirt or wide of the target.

3 Players who underwhelmed me in Day 2 1. Brady Quinn 2. Donald Stephenson 3. Steve Maneri (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109668/steve-maneri)

These are the only two tweets that mention Quinn. Neither equate to him having a good OTA.

BossChief
Sure is nice to see Stanzi tearing it up.

The kid is gonna do even better when he gets chances with the 1s.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2012, 04:49 PM

i just want Stanzi to get some real time in the preseason games so we can see once and for all.

I imagine getting rid of that dumbass Haley is going to make all the offensive players look better.

BossChief
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
i just want Stanzi to get some real time in the preseason games so we can see once and for all.

I imagine getting rid of that dumbass Haley is going to make all the offensive players look better.

Telling Haley to win games with Matt Cassel is like telling a guy with a 5" cock to make Jenna Jamison cum.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I imagine getting rid of that dumbass Haley is going to make all the offensive players look better.Yeah, because JC was complete garbage in 09 and 10.

In case you missed it, Matt Cassel sucks.

BigChiefFan
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
In my world its a foregone conclusion, i mean really, what positives have we heard about Quinn?

All i've heard is that his passes look just as bad as they always have, nothings changed.

I like the approach they took with him. I would have liked to see him get a chance instead of Palko, but I also understand they didn't want to rush him into the game and possibly wreck his confidence. I think the approach could pay off in the long-run, if he truly has the "it" factor. I also like that it shows we are developing a QB for a change.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I thought he made several negative comments about Quinn? Someone hear even posted something along the lines of "don't tell SNR".

EDIT:

These are the only two tweets that mention Quinn. Neither equate to him having a good OTA.

@aturnis Matt has a good command of the offense. Quinn does really well in his audibles and reading the D. Quinn has forced couple passes.

the overall summation was still positive. Hence, my belief "homerism" may be skewing his takes.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I like the approach they took with him. I would have liked to see him get a chance instead of Palko, but I also understand they didn't want to rush him into the game and possibly wreck his confidence. I think the approach could pay off in the long-run, if he truly has the "it" factor. I also like that it shows we are developing a QB for a change.

Fuck you man. Stanzi should have been playing from day 1. There was no approach because Pioli is tethered to Cassel. Stanzi is a gamer. So again. Fuck you.

BoneKrusher
06-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Sure is nice to see Stanzi tearing it up.

The kid is gonna do even better when he gets chances with the 1s.

cant wait to see it. :thumb:

aturnis
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM

EDIT:

There was at least one more from the 29th. Quinn ended his 2 minute drill with a pick 6.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM
cant wait to see it. :thumb:

Anybody found the Cassel hater kid yet?

Easy 6
06-01-2012, 05:10 PM
I also like that it shows we are developing a QB for a change.

THIS

THIS

THIS

RealSNR
06-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I think the decision will be obvious if this keeps up

RealSNR
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM

EDIT:

These are the only two tweets that mention Quinn. Neither equate to him having a good OTA.That was because Terrance Copper was owning faces. As per usual.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Where the hell is pestilence. He's a little bitch for riding Quinn's dick since he became a Chief.

BoneKrusher
06-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Anybody found the Cassel hater kid yet?

nah man, i've looked everywhere.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 05:18 PM
nah man, i've looked everywhere.

Probably in the basement chugging Mountain Dew and pwning haters on Diablo 3. Just need to find some horns to stick on Matty Ballgame.

aturnis
06-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Where the hell is pestilence. He's a little bitch for riding Quinn's dick since he became a Chief.

Mr_Tomahawk is worse. At least Pestilence watched Quinn play his entire college career.

BossChief
06-01-2012, 05:20 PM

DIAF

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 05:21 PM

You have no room to talk Tebow boy.

RealSNR
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Mr_Tomahawk is worse. At least Pestilence watched Quinn play his entire college career.Mr. Tomahawk just hates Stanzi. I don't think he actually likes Quinn. He doesn't like all the fawning Stanzi has, and is sick of the threads and the fans he has.

I could be mistaken, though.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride...

BossChief
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride...

I should look into making a bunch of shirts in the "Hulkamania" fashion, but with "StanziMania" instead.

It's even in Chiefs colors.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Do it. StanziMania is runnin wild over CP brother

O.city
06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Like earlier stated, I like the fact that we are trying to develop a quarterback.

I can be patient I suppose. Waited this long, might has well wait a little lnger.

unlurking
06-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Looks like I missed a few tweets. Just went to the link in the OP instead if the actual feed. Looks like the tweets directed at folks are not archived there. Only one of which seems to have said anything positive (as posted by TW), but then he slams him about forcing passes in the next sentence.

Sounds to me like he would rate the QB's as 1) Cassel and 2) Stanzi with Quinn so far beyond that he does not matter.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 06:15 PM
You have no room to talk Tebow boy.

WTF are you talking about!? Are you dense as shit? I never praised him for his QB skills. WTF does this shit have to do with this conversation. GTFO prick.

I defy you to find one fucking post where I seriously praised Tebow's QB skills. When you don't find it, don't ever fucking address me again you bitter bastard.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Nom, nom, nom. Mmmmm salty just the way I like em Timmay!!

:evil:

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Brennon ‏@bossmanham

@Jacobs71 Does Stanzi look the best out of the QB's, or is Matt still the man?

@bossmanham Matt is your starter

BossChief
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
That's not me

When will people learn that if you want a direct answer, you need to ask a direct question and not leave an easy way out in the process.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
That's not me

When will people learn that if you want a direct answer, you need to ask a direct question and not leave an easy way out in the process.

are talking about the tweet, because I'm just posting it because it's the unclear response we always get when it involves Cassel's capabilities.

aturnis
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
are talking about the tweet, because I'm just posting it because it's the unclear response we always get when it involves Cassel's capabilities.

He's complaining that the answer is really unclear. It seems like he might have just answered "Matt's your starter" solely b/c everyone knows he will be. Not b/c he's proven he deserves to be.

BossChief
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I really don't have a problem with Cassel as the game one starter.

I WILL have a problem if he still sucks and continues to be the starter after the bye.

aturnis
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM

I WILL have a problem if he still sucks and continues to be the starter after the bye.

This.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM

if? Is that a joke?

Coogs
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I'll say this.

Don't forget, in Cassel's pretty good sesaon in 2010, the Chiefs averaged running the ball 39 times for 197 yard per game in his 10 wins.

And in Tebow's pretty good season in Denver, the Bronco's ran the ball an average of 40 times for 182 yards per game in his 8 wins.

Are there differences in Cassel's and Tebow's games? Yes. Yes there are. But the similarities are glaring too!

BossChief
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
if? Is that a joke?

There are a lot of things that could have been counterproductive to Cassels mental development as the teams quarterback that are gone or have been vastly improved.

Cassel watches the pass rush.

Well, the pass rush thats been directly in front of him has been guarded by Barry Richardson...that's enough right there to become a bit sciddish. Subtract BR and add Winston and that might let Cassel become more comfortable and cause him to be more effective in going through his progressions.

He and Haley seemed to clash a lot and Haley was a known hot head. I loved that about him, but not all players respond favorably to that type of motivation and maybe Cassel falls under the group that doesn't. Maybe Daboll knows this and will go a different route to try and "get through to him like Josh McDaniels seemed to be able to.

Trustable receiving options outside of Bowe and Moeaki (2010)

This is another case of going from trash to treasure.

We started a street free agent opposite Bowe in the playoffs...now, we have Baldwin (full offseason without Thomas Jones wanting to fight him) Breaston, Wylie and DMC. These guys can all get open and should be able to give Cassel more open looks than in the past. I will always believe that we would have won another game or two last year if Jones didn't break Baldwins finger.

Running game

Last year, it was non existent. Going from Thomas Jones, Jackie Battle and McCluster to Charles, Hillis and Gray will be huge in keeping defenses honest and not allowing them to double our wideouts. Cassel has shown the ability to do just enough to beat bad and average teams when his running game is effective...now, he needs to be able to properly utilize the weapons we have and make them all more effective.

I HATE Cassel, but I also acknowledge the fact that he could possibly thrive if everything comes together for him.

I don't see it happening, though.

I see StanziMania taking over at halftime of the Bucs game prior to the bye week.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 09:47 PM
There are a lot of things that could have been counterproductive to Cassels mental development as the teams quarterback that are gone or have been vastly improved.

Well, the pass rush thats been directly in front of him has been guarded by Barry Richardson...that's enough right there to become a bit sciddish. Subtract BR and add Winston and that might let Cassel become more comfortable and cause him to be more effective in going through his progressions.

He and Haley seemed to clash a lot and Haley was a known hot head. I loved that about him, but not all players respond favorably to that type of motivation and maybe Cassel falls under the group that doesn't. Maybe Daboll knows this and will go a different route to try and "get through to him like Josh McDaniels seemed to be able to.

We started a street free agent opposite Bowe in the playoffs...now, we have Baldwin (full offseason without Thomas Jones wanting to fight him) Breaston, Wylie and DMC. These guys can all get open and should be able to give Cassel more open looks than in the past. I will always believe that we would have won another game or two last year if Jones didn't break Baldwins finger.

Running game

Last year, it was non existent. Going from Thomas Jones, Jackie Battle and McCluster to Charles, Hillis and Gray will be huge in keeping defenses honest and not allowing them to double our wideouts. Cassel has shown the ability to do just enough to beat bad and average teams when his running game is effective...now, he needs to be able to properly utilize the weapons we have and make them all more effective.

I HATE Cassel, but I also acknowledge the fact that he could possibly thrive if everything comes together for him.

I see StanziMania taking over at halftime of the Bucs game prior to the bye week.
I hear you, but it's not all mental. He doesn't have the physical tools either. I've heard everyone complain about his long release and patting the ball, I believe, and his weak arm. How can you be successful with all those physical things you can't correct? He's 30 years old and getting weaker. I just don't see it.

Daru
06-02-2012, 12:40 AM
I made a picture about Stanzi and his fame and anti Cassel but I'm not allowed to post pictures yet. I sent a copy to Kurt Cobaine maybe he can post it. Its good and I like what it shows. I dont like Cassel not anything but hate for him not in a bad way like hate against him as a person but strong hate as a player and as hardcore Chiefs fan!

Marcellus
06-02-2012, 06:58 AM
I hear you, but it's not all mental. He doesn't have the physical tools either. I've heard everyone complain about his long release and patting the ball, I believe, and his weak arm. How can you be successful with all those physical things you can't correct? He's 30 years old and getting weaker. I just don't see it.

Cassel doesn't have a weak arm, he doesn't have a rocket and he isn't accurate but he isn't a noodle arm.

Why don't you go worry about your own fucked up QB issues on a Jags forum? Or do they exist?

DBOSHO
06-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71

Fap

Rausch
06-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71

Fap

http://memearchive.net/memerial.net/3732/fap-do-not-disturb-door-hanger.jpg

milkman
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM

Running game

At the end of the day, QBs can be successful with bad mechanics.

See Phillip Rivers.

The mental aspect of the game is what separates QBs.

A 30 year old QB with 4 years starting and 7 years of NFL coaching isn't likely going to suddenly grasp the mental aspect of the game.

Josh Mcdaniels did an outstanding job of masking Cassel's inability to grasp the mental aspects of the position by keeping it simple, using more shotgun, and one read and get the ball out.

chiefzilla1501
06-02-2012, 07:59 AM

That's BS because the offensive line, including Barry Richardson, looked just fine with Orton in the game.

Maybe. But Daboll was criticized for being a hothead with Colt McCoy too.

He has a hell of a lot more receiving weapons than Brady usually has. Not to mention that with 8 men in the box, he usually had receivers on one-on-one coverages. Great Quarterbacks put average receivers in a position to make plays. Cassel doesn't do that. He isn't accurate enough to lead his receivers. I've never seen him make smart decisions in ball placement (e.g. back shoulder throw) -- everything is a straight-up "in the numbers" pass. I've never seen him control the play at the line to find the hot read.

The problem everyone has is, like in 2011, we saw a shitty quarterback get credit for a monster effort from a supporting cast. The greater point is, an average quarterback would have had better production in that same situation.

Running game

Same as above. This is my greatest fear. We have a terrific running game that puts the blinders on Pioli and the fans that a bad QB is allowed to look good in this system.

I take a different perspective. We know what we have in Cassel. Our bad offensive line looked really good protecting Orton. We saw that Cassel was contributing to a lot of those problems. He wasn't seeing the hot read and he always had more blitzers than protectors. Time and time again, we see him miss a hot read. We don't see him control the line of scrimmage. We rarely see him make a quick pass based on good diagnosis of the defense. According to reports, he was still using Patriots terminology a few years into a new offense.

Unless Cassel has a monumentally good preseason, Brady Quinn needs to be the starter. We know what we have in Cassel. Quinn at least has some unknown in him. And then if Quinn is nothing short of nails, we go to Stanzi in midseason.

Instead, Stanzi is third in line. Cassel has to not just be bad, but disastrously bad to lose his job. Then the job goes to Quinn. Then Stanzi is next in line, but by then, we'll have drafted a new Quarterback.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 08:01 AM
At the end of the day, QBs can be successful with bad mechanics.

See Phillip Rivers.

The mental aspect of the game is what separates QBs.

A 30 year old QB with 4 years starting and 7 years of NFL coaching isn't likely going to suddenly grasp the mental aspect of the game.

Josh Mcdaniels did an outstanding job of masking Cassel's inability to grasp the mental aspects of the position by keeping it simple, using more shotgun, and one read and get the ball out.

I would say Weis used a very similar approach in 2010. One read... not there... throw it away. It worked pretty well when playing with the lead and the running game could carry him.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Instead, Stanzi is third in line. Cassel has to not just be bad, but disastrously bad to lose his job. Then the job goes to Quinn. Then Stanzi is next in line, but by then, we'll have drafted a new Quarterback.

Indications are that Stanzi is make a strong bid to take the #2 position. Once we have a clear cut #2, that player should begin to get snaps with the #1 unit in practice. That may not be until July or even early August, but it appears that Stanzi has that "intangibles" thing that good QB's have. Once he gets some snaps with the #1's, we finally may have a QB controversy.

RealSNR
06-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Don't forget, in Cassel's pretty good sesaon in 2010, the Chiefs averaged running the ball 39 times for 197 yard per game in his 10 wins.

And in Tebow's pretty good season in Denver, the Bronco's ran the ball a average of 40 times for 182 yards per game in his 8 wins.

Are there differences in Cassel's and Tebow's games? Yes. Yes there are. But the similarities are glaring too!
Are you also the guy who first threw out the Cassel 3:16 stuff?

Because this is another damning statistic that shows Cassel can't win unless he has a running game do all the work for him.

And those kinds of QBs will lose to good teams every single fucking time.

Setsuna
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Cassel doesn't have a weak arm, he doesn't have a rocket and he isn't accurate but he isn't a noodle arm.

Why don't you go worry about your own ****ed up QB issues on a Jags forum? Or do they exist?

Sorry man. I mean I assumed not being able to throw it past 15 yards meant something. I'm going off of what I've seen being written. But sure get mad over something like this.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Are you also the guy who first threw out the Cassel 3:16 stuff?

Because this is another damning statistic that shows Cassel can't win unless he has a running game do all the work for him.

And those kinds of QBs will lose to good teams every single fucking time.

Guilty!

I agree, and think it goes a long way towards explaining why Cassel has trouble beating... and maybe has never beaten with the Chiefs anyway... a team with a winning record.

RealSNR
06-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Guilty!

I agree, and think it goes a long way towards explaining why Cassel has trouble beating... and maybe has never beaten with the Chiefs anyway... a team with a winning record.
It's why I'm getting sick of the, "Hey, maybe the best RT in the league, upgraded receivers, and an offensive coordinator who changes his diaper more often will be just what he needs to get back to his 2010 self."

I don't want 2010 Cassel. 2010 Cassel couldn't beat a good team to save his life. He still had trouble making plays when it counted that year. The Ravens figured out that he over-relies on Jamaal Charles, and that's all they had to take out in order to shut down our offense 100%.

Is a 30 year old QB going to suddenly not play like shit and learn how to average 200+ yards passing per game just because he has a new RT?

Somehow I seriously doubt that. Fuck 2010 Cassel. Fuck 2011 Cassel. I want him gone. G-O-N-E. He's run out of chances.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 11:52 AM
SNR,

This was from ArrowheadPride a little while back...

Parkins: Do you listen to any of the stuff that's said about you?

Cassel: No if I listen to you, especially probably you, I'm guessing you're my worst critic...

Parkins: No, I'm not your worst. But I am a critic.

Harrison: How do you do it? How do you focus all of that out? How do you tune it out? In our profession, we don't get half the criticism you get and you've managed to stay above it.

Cassel: You have to stay above it. You have to keep your head out of the media. You can't read everything said about you or listen to everything said about you because it's still just an opinion. To be able to do your job at its best, you can't continue to have negative thoughts come in, you can't second guess yourself. You just have to go out there and do what's best for you not only as a player but also as a person and get yourself as focused as possible to lead a team to victory. And that's what I tried to do. It wasn't something I came up with. When I was younger I used to read everything. When I was in preseason I used to read every tidbit that was written about me and then Doug Flutie was the guy who told me you shouldn't read any of that stuff. Good or bad, you should just maintain focus on the job at hand and that'll keep you steady going down the right path because from one month to the next, from one week to the next, all those opinions can change and so when someone is saying something bad about you one day, maybe the next day they're saying something good. So you always have to maintain that general focus about what you're doing.

Harrison: Thinking on it Matt, you're a guy at USC who didn't start. You go to the Patriots, Tom Brady goes down and you start. And then coming to Kansas City and being the new guy and getting the big contract, it feels like criticism has defined your career. It would be hard not to use that as motivation to prove people like me and Danny wrong.

Cassel: Just the fact that I didn't play at USC and had to sit there for a long time, I've had to earn everything I've had in my career. I've had to claw tooth and nail just to get onto that team with the Patriots. When I came tot hat team there were five quarterbacks on the roster. i was the last one on the roster. That's the only way I know how to work, the only mentality I've ever known. Go out there and work hard and not worry about all the rest of the stuff.

Parkins: You say I'm your harshest critic, which I don't think is necessarily true. But I'll tell you to you what I said on the air. It's that I think it's a quarterback league and it's very tough to win a Super Bowl with a game manager, non-elite quarterback. They can do it one time but it's tough to get there year after year. My thing with the Chiefs has been, and it's partly not even your fault, they haven't brought in other guys and they've treated you as this elite, franchise quarterback when, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, time will tell, do you think that criticism would be fair or not?

Cassel: Well, define game manager.

Parkins: A guy who's not going to go out there and win a game because of you.

Cassel: Right. I guess one of my questions would be...were you talking about my entire career here? Or my entire career in general?

Parkins: Kansas City.

Cassel: It's interesting to me because I think that's a big part of what a quarterback has to do is manage the game. But also you have to use the weapons that you have out there and use them well. And sometimes, if we're talking about Jamaal Charles and what's going on with him, we might hand him off the ball 25 times a game and ask me to throw the ball a little less because that's what we have to do is create mismatches and go after mismatches. [Cassel's phone is ringing on air. He apologizes and moves on.] But at the same time do I think I can go out there and win ball games? Absolutely. Do I want the ball in my hands in the fourth quarter with two minutes left? Absolutely. Have I done it before? Absolutely. The two years that I've started full seasons I've won 10-plus games, which is hard to do. I've proven, whether it's with the Patriots or also here in 2010 specifically that we can win ball games and we can win a lot of ball games and when it comes down to crunch time I've been able to perform.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/5/22/3036127/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel

I have forwarded the 3:16 stuff to a few media members. Jack Harry, Sam Mellinger, and recently the Thorman's at ArrowheadPride (after this interview several days). Just by the bolded parts, I wonder if the media guys are discussing this amongst themselves?

Coogs
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
One thing I would also like to see at both home pre-season games and at the home regular season opener against the Falcons, is a big ol' bed sheet sign hanging in one of the endzones that says...

Cassel 3:16

I won't be there, so if anyone would like to do this, I would be great with it. Love to see it on my TV everytiime that end of the field is being shown. Both endzones would be fine too!

pr_capone
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
The two years that I've started full seasons I've won 10-plus games, which is hard to do. I've proven, whether it's with the Patriots or also here in 2010 specifically that we can win ball games and we can win a lot of ball games and when it comes down to crunch time I've been able to perform.

What are you smoking Mark??!?!?!

When it comes down to crunch time you have been able to perform have you? What the **** do you call a 9/18 for 70 yards, 3 INT, and a QB rating in a playoff game?!?!?! I call a playoff game crunch time... and if you call that travesty of a game "performing" then KC needs to be done with you and QUICK.

May you get hit by a ****ing bus.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I think it's obvious that the criticism is getting to Cassel and even more sadly, Pioli. If you're big time nothing fazes you, and you sure as heck don't respond to doubters. The fact that both have addressed their criticism means they have already lost.

Setsuna
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM

When it comes down to crunch time you have been able to perform have you? What the **** do you call a 9/18 for 70 yards, 3 INT, and a QB rating in a playoff game?!?!?! I call a playoff game crunch time... and if you call that travesty of a game "performing" then KC needs to be done with you and QUICK.

And people still try to make excuses for him. :shake:

Tribal Warfare
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM

It's not his fault it's everyone else on the team.

whoman69
06-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Don't shoot the messenger. I think he was only playing devil's advocate.

Cassel is far from clutch. He has 5 comeback and 8 game winning drives in the NFL. Two of those were in NE, so he has 3 comeback and 6 GW games since joining the Chiefs. With 54 career starts that's on par with Damon Huard (27 starts), Steve Fuller (42 starts), Mark Malone (53 starts), Mike Pagel (54 starts), Rick Mirer (63 starts). What an illustrious bunch. His victims have included 2-14 Cardinals and 4-12 Seahawks in 2008, 4-12 Redskins and 9-7 Steelers in 2009, 5-11 Browns and 4-12 Bills in 2010, with the 2-14 Colts and 8-8 Chargers last year. That makes the records of those teams a composite 38-90. He's never beaten a 10 win team with the Chiefs and has only one victory over a playoff team, the 7-9 Seahawks from 2010. He comes up small against the league's better teams.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Cassel did beat the piss out of the Cardinals right before their Super Bowl run. Arizona was not 2-14.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Cassel did beat the piss out of the Cardinals right before their Super Bowl run. Arizona was not 2-14.

New England doesn't really apply now, does it? And Arizona was a real Jekyll and Hyde team that year IIRC.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Don't shoot the messenger. I think he was only playing devil's advocate.

Cassel is far from clutch. He has 5 comeback and 8 game winning drives in the NFL. Two of those were in NE, so he has 3 comeback and 6 GW games since joining the Chiefs. With 54 career starts that's on par with Damon Huard (27 starts), Steve Fuller (42 starts), Mark Malone (53 starts), Mike Pagel (54 starts), Rick Mirer (63 starts). What an illustrious bunch. His victims have included 2-14 Cardinals and 4-12 Seahawks in 2008, 4-12 Redskins and 9-7 Steelers in 2009, 5-11 Browns and 4-12 Bills in 2010, with the 2-14 Colts and 8-8 Chargers last year. That makes the records of those teams a composite 38-90. He's never beaten a 10 win team with the Chiefs and has only one victory over a playoff team, the 7-9 Seahawks from 2010. He comes up small against the league's better teams.

Nice research whoman! :thumb:

Sorter
06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
New England doesn't really apply now, does it? And Arizona was a real Jekyll and Hyde team that year IIRC.

No, but he posted stats from his year in NE, and posted that a team that made it to the Super Bowl and almost fucking won was 2-14. You can cherry pick the stats by saying that they were "Jekyll e Hyde" but hey, the fucking NY Giants won the Super Bowl twice the past 5 years being 9-7 and barely making it.

whoman69
06-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Nice research whoman! :thumb:

Not so much. Sorry for the mistake Sorter. I remember the Cardinals from their St. Louis days, so my old brain saw STL and said Cardinals then put the two together. Cassel beat the 2-14 STL Rams with a comeback win. He did indeed beat the Cardinals that year 47-7 but they limped into the playoffs losing 4 of their last six games. Their defense certainly picked up in their playoff run, except a shootout against the Eagles.

Coogs
06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Not so much. Sorry for the mistake Sorter. I remember the Cardinals from their St. Louis days, so my old brain saw STL and said Cardinals then put the two together. Cassel beat the 2-14 STL Rams with a comeback win. He did indeed beat the Cardinals that year 47-7 but they limped into the playoffs losing 4 of their last six games. Their defense certainly picked up in their playoff run, except a shootout against the Eagles.

Honest mistake. Still nice research. Supports the case even stronger.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 07:47 PM

No worries mano. The Cardinals did limp into the playoffs. I'll also admit, the Cards that year are what made me become excited with the prospect of Haley. Their playoff run was awesome; Warner hitting flee-flickers, deep dig/corner routes to stretch the field. I thought we would have a OC that stressed the downfield passing game. Unfortunately, we were stuck with a QB who couldn't do that.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Honest mistake. Still nice research. Supports the case even stronger.

Agreed. Not trying to make it seem like I was supporting Cassel. He did beat a team that made it to the Super Bowl. However, if you want to be subjective, Cassel was playing on a team that went 16-0 in the reg. season the year before, was loaded defensively, and had a prime Randy Moss. Arizona was playing in heavy snow (dome team) and was struggling. Granted, he beat a Super Bowl team. However, the AZ team he played at the time would not have made the SB.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
1. Baldwin 2. Breaston 3. Copper 4. McCluster

Eat shit, McCluster.

When Bowe comes back you can go to hell.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Stanzi had a nice throw to Wylie on an out route for a TD during team.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Stanzi threw a beautiful ball to Wylie in back of endzone. Perfectly placed ball. DB couldn't get it. Wylie dropped it.

Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs71
#Chiefs OTAs Ricky Stanzi looked great again. He threw some perfect passes. Multiple launch points because of pass rush but perfect spirals.

I came.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I came.

Tom 2.0!

RealSNR
06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coogs again.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2012, 09:05 PM
It infuriates me to know Stanzi isnt gonna get a fair shot at starter.

Okie_Apparition
06-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Perhaps keeping the team locked up like fort knox
shows Pioli wasn't so sold on Matt Cassel as thought
Manning/GriffinIII gets talked up & the doors open

Sorter
06-02-2012, 09:10 PM
It infuriates me to know Stanzi isnt gonna get a fair shot at starter.

Cassel will be injured.
Stanzi takes over
????
Profit

BossChief
06-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Bledsoe/Romo

Game 6

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Bledsoe/Romo

Game 6

Would love to see Cassel get frustrated and slam a water bottle when he is benched. :evil:

BossChief
06-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Would love to see Cassel get frustrated and slam a water bottle when he is benched. :evil:

Honestly, I think he will continue to be a good soldier.

He will probably do everything he can to help Stanzi, restructure his deal to make his wages equal that of a good backup and provide us with excellent veteran depth for the next few years.

Matt is a really good person...he just isn't a quality starting quarterback in this league.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 09:39 PM

Solely based on his hat success, he'll probably slam the bottle only to have it slam back in his face.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Solely based on his hat success, he'll probably slam the bottle only to have it slam back in his face.

Would love to see Cassel get facial injuries from broken bottle shards.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Would love to see Cassel get facial injuries from broken bottle shards.

Hopefully Stanzi is laughing in the background.

O.city
06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I do think Stanzi is being groomed to be the guy, but I don't think he sees much playing time this year.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I do think Stanzi is being groomed to be the guy, but I don't think he sees much playing time this year.

Before the bye hopefully.

O.city
06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
IMO, Quinn was brought in to be the guy if something were to happen to Cassel this year. I don't think there is anyway Stanzi sees the field, unless he just lights it up in OTA's and TC.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Before the bye hopefully.

So you are hopeful that we have a horrible season....right on bro.

Brock
06-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Not necessarily. This team's performance isn't based on what Cassel does. He can play like ass, and probably will, and they'll still have an okay record.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Not necessarily. This team's performance isn't based on what Cassel does. He can play like ass, and probably will, and they'll still have an okay record.

You think they will pull Cassel if we have a good record? You think cassel can have stats bad enough to get pulled but we will still be winning games?

Wow...

So then why do we need a QB again?

dj56dt58
06-02-2012, 10:16 PM
IMO, Quinn was brought in to be the guy if something were to happen to Cassel this year. I don't think there is anyway Stanzi sees the field, unless he just lights it up in OTA's and TC.

Chiefs OTAs Stanzi had a nice throw to Wylie on an out route for a TD during team.
Chiefs OTAs Ricky Stanzi looked great again today. He is so accurate with the ball and sharp mechanics.
#Chiefs OTAs Chiefs worked on some Redzone situations today. Stanzi led his team to a TD.

Brock
06-02-2012, 10:18 PM
You think they will pull Cassel if we have a good record? You think cassel can have stats bad enough to get pulled but we will still be winning games?

Wow...

I said an okay record. Which is what I expect them to have at the bye.

If the passing game isn't working like it should, and what the management and coaching staff of this team wants to do is seriously contend, they may have to take a risk.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM

^This.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM

Wrong. Dead fucking wrong. I hope we are at least .500 when Stanzi comes in. Either way, I am more than confident in Ricky's abilities to lead this team to a 10-6/9-7 record.

BigMeatballDave

Wow...

Good God, you're a dumbass.

Ming the Merciless

If the passing game isn't working like it should, and what the management and coaching staff of this team wants to do is seriously contend, they may have to take a risk.

Oh so we will be bad enough that we pull cassel but good enough that stanzi or quinn comes in and leads us to the playoffs...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The logic here is mind bottling.

Brock
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh so we will be bad enough that we pull cassel but good enough that stanzi or quinn comes in and leads us to the playoffs...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The logic here is mind bottling.

LMAO Yeah, that's what I said. Jesus Christ, learn to read.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:23 PM

The one thing people are forgetting is Crennel has been through this with Drew. He saw a QB that had been to a SB get pushed aside for an unproven QB. What in the fuck makes you think he wouldn't push Matt Cassel aside for the QB that gives him the best chance at winning. He already did it with Orton v. Palko...

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:23 PM

LMAO ^THis.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Yes, the "smart" ones are the ones rooting for Cassel to play badly so that he gets pulled, but not too badly so we win some games, but not too good so he gets pulled...so that Quinn can come in and get the season back on track and lead us to the playoffs.

Brilliant fucking strategy man, I really can't fathom why your rep is turned off and you make minimum wage and live with your grandmother....you really should have a job in the NFL.

Brock
06-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, the "smart" ones are the ones rooting for Cassel to play badly so that he gets pulled, but not too badly so we win some games, but not too good so he gets pulled...so that Quinn can come in and get the season back on track and lead us to the playoffs.

Brilliant fucking strategy man, I really can't fathom why your rep is turned off and you make minimum wage and live with your grandmother....you really should have a job in the NFL.

What difference does it make if we "root" for shithead cassel or not? He's going to go out there and shit the bed at critical times just like he always does. I mean, if you're happy with it, good for you.

What I'm saying is, the team isn't going to be able to have the kind of passing game they want with Cassel. Yeah, they might be willing to make a change without having a losing record. It happens.

cabletech94
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
my mind has been boggled.

no, i am wrong. it has been bottled. :D

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:31 PM
What difference does it make if we "root" for shithead cassel or not? He's going to go out there and shit the bed at critical times just like he always does. I mean, if you're happy with it, good for you.

What I'm saying is, the team isn't going to be able to have the kind of passing game they want with Cassel. Yeah, they might be willing to make a change without having a losing record. It happens.

Well what I am saying is rooting for cassel to fail, is rooting for the team to fail. We have a chance to win a playoff game this season, maybe a long shot...but that hasn't been done around here in 20 years. If Cassel gets pulled at the halfway mark, I can flat out guarantee it won't happen....So, actively rooting for him to fail and get 'pulled', as the poster suggested, is nothing short of retarded IMO. It isnt difficult to figure out.

Brock
06-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Well what I am saying is rooting for cassel to fail, is rooting for the team to fail. We have a chance to win a playoff game this season, maybe a long shot...but that hasn't been done around here in 20 years. If Cassel gets pulled at the halfway mark, I can flat out guarantee it won't happen....So, actively rooting for him to fail and get 'pulled', as the poster suggested, is nothing short of retarded IMO. It isnt difficult to figure out.

They aren't going to win a playoff game with Cassel, just put that to bed. Acknowledging he sucks and can't really do the job isn't rooting for him to fail.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Wrong again. I am rooting for Cassel to fail, because I know he can't lead this team to a SB. I think Stanzi could. There have been teams (us) who have had QBs come in and lead us to a playoff run late season (Gannon). I would love nothing more than Crennel to pull Cassel if we had won games and Cassel had still been doing a shitty job. You know why? BC it would mean Crennel is more interested in winning a SB than having mediocre seasons with Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:36 PM
They aren't going to win a playoff game with Cassel, just put that to bed.

fair enough, I can respect your opnion on that

Acknowledging he sucks and can't really do the job isn't rooting for him to fail.

Thats fine too, but that isn't what I was quoting or even talking about. I agree.
But that is different from the moron I quoted.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Wrong again. I am rooting for Cassel to fail, because I know he can't lead this team to a SB. I think Stanzi could.

That is because you are a fucking idiot. Let me spell it out for you:

If cassel fails, it will mean we are failing as a team....since we wont be asking too much from cassel. If cassel fails at just managing games, it will mean we have a losing record.

If you somehow think Stanzi will come in, lead us from a losing record, to winning a SB this season, you are fucking stupid. Keep in mind they wouldnt even let him touch the ball last season.

So, since you are rooting for Cassel to fail, you are rooting for the chiefs to fail....this is not difficult to grasp, unless you are a broke dick window licker.

BossChief
06-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Pawn is so dumb that he doesn't understand the difference between thinking Cassel will continue to play poorly against good teams (which is what the opening 6 games of our schedule is littered with) and actively rooting for him to fail.

I don't think there is a single poster here that wouldn't love for Cassel to start earning the money that has been paid to him and start playing like a franchise quarterback...I also don't think there are more than a handful of posters here that think he will do so.

If we start out with a winning record at the bye, this place will be full of guys changing their tune about Cassel.

Pawn is neither of these, he doesn't have the courage to stick by his convictions and therefore keeps defending Cassel while saying over and over that he doesn't do that.

milkman
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM
That is because you are a ****ing idiot. Let me spell it out for you:

If cassel fails, it will mean we are failing as a team....since we wont be asking too much from cassel. If cassel fails at just managing games, it will mean we have a losing record.

If you somehow think Stanzi will come in, lead us from a losing record, to winning a SB this season, you are ****ing stupid. Keep in mind they wouldnt even let him touch the ball last season.

So, since you are rooting for Cassel to fail, you are rooting for the chiefs to fail....this is not difficult to grasp, unless you are a broke dick window licker.

Think about this.

I know thinking is a real difficult task for you, but you can do it.

If the Chiefs win 4 of their first 6 games averaging 16 points a game, has Cassel really effectively managed the games, given the weapons on offense this team has?

aturnis
06-02-2012, 10:49 PM

Brilliant ****ing strategy man, I really can't fathom why your rep is turned off and you make minimum wage and live with your grandmother....you really should have a job in the NFL.

You're an idiot. This team can and will win in spite of Cassel. Seldom though, will they ever win b/c he carried them to victory.

The Oline, and RB tandem has the potential to carry Cassel to his 2010 prowess just as they did then. Add in the expected play from the defense, and we can win. We won't come away victorious in any shootouts with Cassel.

It is VERY possible that we could go 3-3 and toss Cassel to the wayside.

Second, in case you hadn't noticed, Stanzi os winning the battle between he and Quinn. If someone comes in, it's Stanzi.

Stanzi might not ever be Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, but he can be a Dalton, Schaub kind of guy. Maybe better, maybe not quite as good. Hopefully, we'll see.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:51 PM

If you somehow think Stanzi will come in, lead us from a losing record, to winning a SB this season, you are ****ing stupid. Keep in mind they wouldnt even let him touch the ball last season.

You're a fucking moron. I'm hoping that Stanzi turns out like Brady. Who the fuck wouldn't what that? Are you fucking stupid? I'm hoping that by sitting a year when he was good enough to start, Stanzi has become even a harder worker and improved his skills, which were already better than Cassels.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:52 PM
You're an idiot. This team can and will win in spite of Cassel. Seldom though, will they ever win b/c he carried them to victory.

The Oline, and RB tandem has the potential to carry Cassel to his 2010 prowess just as they did then. Add in the expected play from the defense, and we can win. We won't come away victorious in any shootouts with Cassel.

It is VERY possible that we could go 3-3 and toss Cassel to the wayside.

Second, in case you hadn't noticed, Stanzi os winning the battle between he and Quinn. If someone comes in, it's Stanzi.

Stanzi might not ever be Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, but he can be a Dalton, Schaub kind of guy. Maybe better, maybe not quite as good. Hopefully, we'll see.

Fuck it. I'm going all in on Stanzi. Worst case scenario= Schaub which = super bowl if he hadn't been hurt last year. Best case scenario= Tom

Bewbies
06-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Pawnmower would eat a plate of Cassels moldy shit to prove his love for the Chie--Matt Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 10:55 PM
You're a ****ing moron. I'm hoping that Stanzi turns out like Brady.

Thats not why youre an idiot.....Of course everyone is hoping that happens....

The thing is only fucktards like you are actively rooting for Cassel to have a shitty season to make it happen.

Only fucktards like you cant come to terms with the fact that if Cassel fails, our season is pretty much done, since he is merely a game manager....

Only fucktards like you think so highly of themselves they would root against a member of their own team to justify their worthless opinions.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM

I guarantee you thought that TJ Yates would doom the Texans you fucking dumbass.

Bewbies
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM

The thing is only ****tards like you are actively rooting for Cassel to have a shitty season to make it happen.

Only ****tards like you cant come to terms with the fact that if Cassel fails, our season is pretty much done, since he is merely a game manager....

Only ****tards like you think so highly of themselves they would root against a member of their own team to justify their worthless opinions.

Nobody has to "root" for Cassel to suck. You can watch as soon as the games start and see the suck with your own eyes.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM

The thing is only ****tards like you are actively rooting for Cassel to have a shitty season to make it happen.

Only ****tards like you cant come to terms with the fact that if Cassel fails, our season is pretty much done, since he is merely a game manager....

Only ****tards like you think so highly of themselves they would root against a member of their own team to justify their worthless opinions.

Wrong again dumbass. If Cassel fails, I feel Stanzi is more than adequate to lead this team. I just hope that we have a QB who can make reads, sell PA, can throw accurately and aggressively down the field and has mobility. Cassel does none of those. By rooting for him, you are in fact rooting for our team to fail, you fucking dumbass.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
1) It is VERY possible that we could go 3-3 and toss Cassel to the wayside.

1) no, it really is not. In fact it is HIGHLY unlikely. I'd say about 1%......For that to happen ...Cassel would have to throw a ton of picks..probably 2:1 int to td......after 6 games.......something that he hasn't really ever shown he would do. He wont have a ton of yards or YPA, but he has never done that...the ONLY thing he would get pulled for is picks, or possibly a REALLY really bad 3rd down completion %.....but that is a stretch....If we are 3-3 there is almost no way Cassel gets pulled.

2) Oh you mean from the twitter account that didn't even realize they were alternating Quinn & Stanzi....Yes "Adam Turnis" I saw that too...LOL if you think that means anything at this point. I'm not saying it won't, heck I even hope Stanzi rips it up...but it doesnt mean that hjust yet.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
I really can't fathom why your rep is turned off :spock: WTF is your problem with that?

I don't know why anyone tries to engage in conversation with you about Cassel.

You'd make a fucking Troglodyte look like a genious.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
By rooting for him, you are in fact rooting for our team to fail, you ****ing dumbass.

Oh right, by rooting for Cassel (our starter, by everyone's acknowledgment) to win games and do well, I am rooting for failure? By rooting for a playoff win for this team and organization, I am rooting for failure? LOLLLLL

:LOL:

Sorter
06-02-2012, 11:05 PM
:spock: WTF is your problem with that?

I don't know why anyone tries to engage in conversation with you about Cassel.

You'd make a ****ing Troglodyte look like a genious.

Seriously, he's a fucking moron. I just don't get it.

Did this guy think Kolb was the next Kurt Warner?

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:05 PM
You'd make a ****ing Troglodyte look like a genious.

Even a trog can spell correctly, when trolling others. You can't even manage that.

BigMeatballDave
06-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Even a trog can spell correctly, when trolling others. You can't even manage that.

'Genious'

Its Chiefsplanet spelling, dipshit.

Ming the Merciless
06-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Seriously, he's a ****ing moron. I just don't get it.
Did this guy think Kolb was the next Kurt Warner?

You don't get it because you are an imbecile.....I'm not saying Cassel is Tom Brady...or anything else...

I'm just saying you are a moron to root for him to fail so badly he gets pulled in 2012, midseason.

See the difference?

I bet you don't.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh right, by rooting for Cassel (our starter, by everyone's acknowledgment) to win games and do well, I am rooting for failure? By rooting for a playoff win for this team and organization, I am rooting for failure? LOLLLLL

:LOL:

YES! By rooting for someone who is terrible to continue taking the spot of others who would do better, you are thus encouraging a certain level of suckage. How does this not make sense to you?

I wish Cassel could win playoff games and read defenses, and make line checks, and not use fucking 2007 terminology. Its just not the fucking case you fucking dumbass. He CAN'T DO IT! If he can't you should stop "rooting" for him because you are rooting against the eventual success of this team.

You better not hop on the Stanzi or Tyler Wilson war-wagon you son of a bitch.

Sorter
06-02-2012, 11:10 PM
You don't get it because you are an imbecile.....I'm not saying Cassel is Tom Brady...or anything else...

I'm just saying you are a moron to root for him to fail so badly he gets pulled in 2012, midseason.

See the difference?

I bet you don't.

AZ fans were pulling for Leinart to be pulled. I know, I was one of them. How did that work out, you fucking dipshit? ( Yes, I am aware of the collarbone injury. Look at the stats before it you fucktwat.)

BossChief
06-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Pawn, do you think Cassel can beat defenses like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and other elite defenses in the playoffs?

(someone quote this because the little bitch has me on ignore)