PDA

View Full Version : Life Unemployed is where I be!

petegz28
05-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Got the axe at work today. Can't really say I am disappointed to be honest. Managment at our firm was pretty chicken shit, spineless and ungrateful. I put in on average 60-65 hours a week including weekends. Few months ago I had a pow-wow with my boss and her boss because they had concerns about my being happy there. I asked why generated this concerns and their answer flat out was "we aren't going to discuss specifics". Ok, then WTF did you bring it up?

Then a few months later I get told my "tone" in my e-mails to an outsourcing company we were using was bad. I asked not once but twice what I said, what they would have liked me to have said, etc. No answer.

Then a few weeks ago when I was working my ass off night, days and weekends I get told that my boss's boss had concerns about my productivity but that I shouldn't ring my hands over it.

So today I get told I was being let go because of performance issues. Not one documented incident of said issues exists of course.

Normally I would feel like shit for getting fired but in this case when you are working that hard for someone and all they can do is insist on more then do you dirty like that I am not so sure this isn't really a blessing in disguise.

Saul Good
05-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a no win situation. Good luck moving forward.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Toxic environment dude. TOTAL blessing in disguise.

Mr. Arrowhead
05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
more time to post in royals threads

Micjones
05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Sucks to hear man. Hope a better opportunity finds you immediately.

Mama Hip Rockets
05-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Was your job analyzing Royals games? Cause if so, I can understand why you got the axe for performance issues.

Radar Chief
05-30-2012, 09:10 AM
So I hear you're having problems with your TPS reports.

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/RedHattedKid/BillLumbergh.png

tooge
05-30-2012, 09:11 AM
That sucks. Usually crap like this ends up being a good thing down the road. good luck

phisherman
05-30-2012, 09:11 AM
From personal experience, anyone that can/would work for Pete's boss for as long as Pete did deserves a medal or some kind of major award.

Saulbadguy
05-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Did you go to his office multiple times a day yelling "WHERE'S THE FOUL!?"

Just kidding. Kind of.

Good luck.

Hammock Parties
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Sounds like you were spending time at work, but not working.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM

Yea sure was. And then coming home and doing the same......:rolleyes:

Ace Gunner
05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
go get a gov't job -- it's awesome! /cp elite

phisherman
05-30-2012, 09:46 AM

Actually, if this was true, Pete would've been fine.

The people that were rewarded there were mediocre seat-fillers and folks with no life outside of that job.

Demonpenz
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Toxic environment dude. TOTAL blessing in disguise.

sounds like it is not even in disguise.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
you never knew your boss ref'd peewee league on the weekends did you?

phisherman
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
FYI, Pete's particular position has had probably 5-7 people in it over the last 2 or 3 years. Nasty high turnover for one particular position/team, managed by one particular individual.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Actually, if this was true, Pete would've been fine.

The people that were rewarded there were mediocre seat-fillers and folks with no life outside of that job.

That ain't no shit. I saw more people get away with more bullshit and be looked upon like they walk on water.

In my case I was working on a big project that was due this week. Another project that I had never been involved with outside of someone needing something done "now" was slipping and really when you get down to it didn't have to go. So I worked all night Thursday, all day Friday, all night Friday night, all day yesterday and until 10:00 last night to get that all ready to go. Was in the office at 6:30 this morning and then got the axe.

The problem with the managment there is they plan everything piss poor and in a vaccuum. They set unreasonable timelines totally ignorant of the other projects they are working then want 1-2 people to just "make it happen". If you're working 50 hours a week they'd say work 55. If you were working 60 hours a week they'd say work 65.

You can only do that to someone so much. This was a regular expectation week in and week out. Weekends? WTF are those? You got a family? Big deal.

I'd come in the office between 6:30-7:00, most days eat my lunch at my desk, leave at 4:00-4:30, come home and get right back on the computer for another couple hours.

Meanwhile I sit there and watch one of the managers say how she has a life and can't work a bunch of OT. Ironically she was the one who barked out orders at everyone else and told them to work OT.

Leading by example was not one of the virtues in this department.

Hydrae
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Sounds like it was past time for you to get out of there anyway.

Congrats! :thumb:

Buehler445
05-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Suck dude.

Jenson71
05-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Sounds like you didn't along with them real well. Is it possible that you could adjust your attitude some?

phisherman
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Lead by example? There? As Pwent says, "Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!".

In my cube just now, a co-worker asked me if I would go back there for 100K. My response? "Not a chance in heck if I have to report to the same manager".

vailpass
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Let it go, it's behind you now.

FlaChief58
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
That ain't no shit. I saw more people get away with more bullshit and be looked upon like they walk on water.

In my case I was working on a big project that was due this week. Another project that I had never been involved with outside of someone needing something done "now" was slipping and really when you get down to it didn't have to go. So I worked all night Thursday, all day Friday, all night Friday night, all day yesterday and until 10:00 last night to get that all ready to go. Was in the office at 6:30 this morning and then got the axe.

The problem with the managment there is they plan everything piss poor and in a vaccuum. They set unreasonable timelines totally ignorant of the other projects they are working then want 1-2 people to just "make it happen". If you're working 50 hours a week they'd say work 55. If you were working 60 hours a week they'd say work 65.

You can only do that to someone so much. This was a regular expectation week in and week out. Weekends? WTF are those? You got a family? Big deal.

I work for the same type of assholes. They want you to kill yourself so they look good and when they fuck something up, they blame you for it. I can't wait until I can tell those dicks to go fuck themselves.

Don't sweat it, just collect unemployment for awhile while you find a better job where you will hopefully be rewarded for your hard work. Good luck

petegz28
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Sounds like you didn't along with them real well. Is it possible that you could adjust your attitude some?

I supposed I could have. I could have submitted even more than I had. I got along with everyone there pretty well. Everyone knew I worked my ass off. We just have Managers that don't understand how to manage. They expect 2 people to do the work of 7 and complete a 3 month project in 3 weeks while working on other projects planned in a similar fashion.

vailpass
05-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Sounds like you don't have a job and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Could you adjust your attitude some?

Lbedrock1
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
This is a prime example why I believe in union representation. Although they protect the jobs of some workers who are not worth anything they make sure that people like u who work hard for a company cant be let go for no reason without first getting written up.

Jenson71
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I supposed I could have. I could have submitted even more than I had. I got along with everyone there pretty well. Everyone knew I worked my ass off. We just have Managers that don't understand how to manage. They expect 2 people to do the work of 7 and complete a 3 month project in 3 weeks while working on other projects planned in a similar fashion.

Okay, sounds like a poor situation on their part.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Pete was well liked by everyone but 1 or 2 folks in key positions.

I was in a similar situation when I worked there.

It doesn't take much to get the target put on your back. It's really sad that senior management doesn't seem to realize that maybe management isn't quite doing their jobs correctly.

Jenson71
05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Sounds like you don't have a job and don't know what the hell you're talking about. Could you adjust your attitude some?

It never hurts to reexamine ourselves and our situations. I should probably adjust my attitude for some things. Thanks for the reminder!

sedated
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Since they didn’t really document any of the “performance issues”, does that just mean that you Can get unemployment? Or something more?

I’ve always heard that they need to have records of that stuff, but never known what the consequences were if they didn’t.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Since they didn’t really document any of the “performance issues”, does that just mean that you Can get unemployment? Or something more?

I’ve always heard that they need to have records of that stuff, but never known what the consequences were if they didn’t.

I "resigned". I think it's legally considered a "Constructive Discharge". Meaning I was forced to quite more or less. It was quit or get fired. I can get unemployment, they said they would not contest it. Resigning does probably hurt me from a legal aspect but what are my odds on legal action anyway? I figure it's better to sit in future interviews and be able to say I resigned as opposed to I got fired.

mikeyis4dcats.
05-30-2012, 10:50 AM
I "resigned". I think it's legally considered a "Constructive Discharge". Meaning I was forced to quite more or less. It was quit or get fired. I can get unemployment, they said they would not contest it. Resigning does probably hurt me from a legal aspect but what are my odds on legal action anyway? I figure it's better to sit in future interviews and be able to say I resigned as opposed to I got fired.

nil. Kansas is a Right to Work state. Unless you can prove discrimintation or retaliation, they can fire you because your shirt is orange.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 10:50 AM
And I had to make the decision on the spot on whether I was resigning or accepting termination. I had no opportunity for legal counsel so I think if for whatever reason it ever got to court I could claim my decision was under duress.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
nil. Kansas is a Right to Work state. Unless you can prove discrimintation or retaliation, they can fire you because your shirt is orange.

I was in MO though same thing applies. I knew I was pretty much fucked on any legal ramifications thus opting to resign

vailpass
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
And I had to make the decision on the spot on whether I was resigning or accepting termination. I had no opportunity for legal counsel so I think if for whatever reason it ever got to court I could claim my decision was under duress.

What benefit did you see in resigning as opposed to them terminating you?

phisherman
05-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Oh, if I could leave all over again, what choice words I would have for KMS.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 11:06 AM
What benefit did you see in resigning as opposed to them terminating you?

Future interviews. I think it's always better to say you resigned as opposed to you got fired.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Oh, if I could leave all over again, what choice words I would have for KMS.

From what I am hearing it was most likely SP more than KMS

phisherman
05-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Onward and upward buddy. I'm sure you're feeling a bit of relief, just like I was when I walked out of that place.

bevischief
05-30-2012, 11:24 AM
What field were you in? Don't say the company name. Maybe someone on here can help you out?

sedated
05-30-2012, 11:25 AM

Interesting.

So, assuming any one of the rest of us is in that position (fired with no severance, or quit with uncontested unemployment), is quitting the correct action?

petegz28
05-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Interesting.

So, assuming any one of the rest of us is in that position (fired with no severance, or quit with uncontested unemployment), is quitting the correct action?

I think it's a gamble depending on state laws. As it was mentioned I could be fired without cause, legally as long as there weren't any forms of discrimination, etc. So you have to weigh the circumstance. Do you want to go sit in your next interview and explain why you were fired or why you quit?

petegz28
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Onward and upward buddy. I'm sure you're feeling a bit of relief, just like I was when I walked out of that place.

The anxiety over not getting a paycheck is setting in. MO unemployment sucks balls compared to KS. I have some $'s saved so I am not without but still. Other than that yes, I am totally relieved. I have been telling my wife I was ready to quit anyway just wanted to do it under different circumstances. I wish I would have at least had my day in court, no pun intended. The C-Level there turned out to be a real chicken shit who wants to be surrounded by Yes Men. I made a real mistake in my perecption of that person.

Cornstock
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
So I hear you're having problems with your TPS reports.

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/RedHattedKid/BillLumbergh.png

Ahh, ya...Did you get the memo? We're putting cover letters on all the TPS reports before they go out. If you could go ahead and start doing that from now on that'd be great. I'll make sure you get a copy of that memo.

Demonpenz
05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
If you don't get unemployment because you quit it is probably good. Keep you hungry, and also keep alittle bit pride knowing that you called the shot not them. Probably good time to really go after being great at what you are already great at.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
In truth when I look back it's good that I am gone. The CIO there is rather spineless and this is pretty indicative of it. I speculate this has more to do with me getting irritated with a Manager last week who was telling me things weren't going fast enough after I just told him I planned on working all night and all weekend. Long story short the stress level in that office is at rocket high levels. They are shoving down deadlines that are physically and tehnologically impoissible. Eitehr way, fire me or not, to not even get my side of the story at any point says a lot about a person. I even went to talk to our CIO after the heated discussion and he said he didn't have time and avoided the conversation altogether. Today I am unemployed.

Keep in mind our CIO is a guy who would glance at his watch when you left for the day after you just worked 9 hours and he knows damn well you will be working more from home. Pretty petty and childish to be sure and not someone who I really want to work for.

Buck
05-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Hey good luck Pete.

boogblaster
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
In truth when I look back it's good that I am gone. The CIO there is rather spineless and this is pretty indicative of it. I speculate this has more to do with me getting irritated with a Manager last week who was telling me things weren't going fast enough after I just told him I planned on working all night and all weekend. Long story short the stress level in that office is at rocket high levels. They are shoving down deadlines that are physically and tehnologically impoissible. Eitehr way, fire me or not, to not even get my side of the story at any point says a lot about a person. I even went to talk to our CIO after the heated discussion and he said he didn't have time and avoided the conversation altogether. Today I am unemployed.

Keep in mind our CIO is a guy who would glance at his watch when you left for the day after you just worked 9 hours and he knows damn well you will be working more from home. Pretty petty and childish to be sure and not someone who I really want to work for.

never got along with management .. bunch of spineless backstabbing bastards .. in the old layman term .. worms .....

phisherman
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
It sounds like SP really changed for the worse. He never struck me as a clock watcher. Shoot, he always would agree with us about KMS having crazy hours expectations. He thought we were crazy for doing it.

Apparently he's changed his tone now that he's in charge.

I'd rather work on the service desk there. They get paid pretty well and only have to be there 8 hours per day.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
It sounds like SP really changed for the worse. He never struck me as a clock watcher. Shoot, he always would agree with us about KMS having crazy hours expectations. He thought we were crazy for doing it.

Apparently he's changed his tone now that he's in charge.

I'd rather work on the service desk there. They get paid pretty well and only have to be there 8 hours per day.

And they fuck off for 4 hours of that 8. And actualyl it's only 7.5 they have to be there.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Just imagine, when Martin started as a 1099, he was making something like $40 per hour as a SERVICE DESK TECH. Freakin' help desk making that kind of scratch!

Lumpy
05-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Damn. :( Sorry to hear about this. It definitely sounds like you got screwed. Like you said though, it was probably a blessing in disguise.

Best of luck to you!

HemiEd
05-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Very sorry to hear about this Pete, and good luck in the future.

I told you not to piss SkipTown off, but no, so...

Dartgod
05-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Damn. :( Sorry to hear about this. It definitely sounds like you got screwed. Like you said though, it was probably a blessing in disguise.

Best of luck to you!
Like a Royals pitcher and an ump with a shrinking strike zone.

Best of luck to ya, Pete!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I ran a successful dating service in college. I'll make a few calls for you.

mikey23545
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM

If he ever has employees, I think we can guess how he'll be treating them from his post.

Kiss his ass, or get the hell out.

mikey23545
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh, and good luck Pete...I hope this turns out to be a blessing in disguise for you.

Garcia Bronco
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Got the axe at work today. Can't really say I am disappointed to be honest. Managment at our firm was pretty chicken shit, spineless and ungrateful. I put in on average 60-65 hours a week including weekends. Few months ago I had a pow-wow with my boss and her boss because they had concerns about my being happy there. I asked why generated this concerns and their answer flat out was "we aren't going to discuss specifics". Ok, then WTF did you bring it up?

Then a few months later I get told my "tone" in my e-mails to an outsourcing company we were using was bad. I asked not once but twice what I said, what they would have liked me to have said, etc. No answer.

Then a few weeks ago when I was working my ass off night, days and weekends I get told that my boss's boss had concerns about my productivity but that I shouldn't ring my hands over it.

So today I get told I was being let go because of performance issues. Not one documented incident of said issues exists of course.

Normally I would feel like shit for getting fired but in this case when you are working that hard for someone and all they can do is insist on more then do you dirty like that I am not so sure this isn't really a blessing in disguise.

So they said you were under performing, but didn't provide any details on what they didn't like. Sounds like an outfit run by dumbassess.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
So they said you were under performing, but didn't provide any details on what they didn't like. Sounds like an outfit run by dumbassess.

That's about it. Now I am sure when they talked with HR it was a totally different story but I have no reason to lie. I am not saying I was perfect and never did anything wrong but HTF do you call a person into a meeting and say we have concerns but we aren't going to discuss them? Not once but twice!

And really when it comes down to it, I was so overloaded with work it's amazing I got done what I did get done and all my work met the deadlines regardless of how painfull it may have been.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 01:36 PM
That's the way it's done there. They push a ton of extra hours on the premise of, "it's just a busy time. after this project's over, everything will calm down".

It doesn't really ever calm down. The real kicker is that the knock on the former CIO was that he wanted things out too fast. The new CIO said things would change. They didn't change.

Dartgod
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Cerner?

chasedude
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Same thing happened years ago at my last job. 2 months before I was fired I had a great job performance review with average and above average rankings in all fields. Then I get canned. I ask why? No answer. Thanks to the "right to work" in KS, I had no way to contest it.

durtyrute
05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Sucks, but something better will come for you.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Cerner?

Nope. I would out the company as I haven't worked there in a couple of years, but I'll let Pete share that info if he pleases.

Inspector
05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Wow, I never knew for sure if we worked for the same company but now I think you did. This sounds very familiar.

I am soooo anxious to retire. 7 days a week, 60+ hours gets old after a few years.

Good luck dude. The next place will be a dream after the last one.

Dartgod
05-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Nope. I would out the company as I haven't worked there in a couple of years, but I'll let Pete share that info if he pleases.

Not a big deal, just guessing. I have heard that they work the hell out of people.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Cerner?

No but just as bad from what I hear

petegz28
05-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Not a big deal, just guessing. I have heard that they work the hell out of people.

It's a law firm called Lathrop & Gage. Actually the company in and of itself is a great, great company. They really take good care of their employees, generally speaking. The IT department there on the other hand is a hell. It's constant 50-70 hour weeks. Understaffed and overworked and I don't mean the typical situation. I mean like they are at least 3-4 people light, plan projects like they have an extra 5 people sitting around doing nothing and not very good leadership when it comes to managing an IT department.

The Help Desk is ordered to escalate tickets if they cannot quickly fix anything and they are supposed to be Tier 1 & 2 support. The guys there are pretty good but the manager wants to be able to point fingers elsewhere so she orders them to escalate quickly. The staff generally is a good group of people. Some of them are real good and would enjoy working with them again.

Bottom line is the IT leadership lacks patience and understanding when it comes to technology. They roll out technology that is not necessarily needed too fast then spend a shitload of time trying to stablize while continuing to repeat the process. They try to compensate corner cutting by working the staff extremely hard and long hours.

My biggest complaint is there is never any consultation or input from staff when it comes to projects. 2 or 3 people get together, dream up this idea of what they want, pull want-dates out of their ass then tell the staff what has to be done and when. That leads to consistent projects that should take 6 months to a year being ordered to be done in 1-2 months. This is with multiple projects being ran simultaneously while also having to provide Tier 3 support to the users.

Basically we were told in December that we had to have a Windows 7 image built and rolled out by the end of the year. Nothing was even locked down on what was to go on the desktop until a week or two ago. Vaccuum managment is what I call that. No considerations for what was really going to have to be done, no consideration for other projects and responsibilities and no consideration for input from staff.

Bump
05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
you should be able to get unemployment easily if they never documented anything.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
you should be able to get unemployment easily if they never documented anything.

HR told me they are not going to contest unemployment so I am hoping there are no issues with that.

phisherman
05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
HR told me they are not going to contest unemployment so I am hoping there are no issues with that.

I hope you got that in writing. I'm just considering the source.

lcarus
05-30-2012, 03:41 PM

I'd come in the office between 6:30-7:00, most days eat my lunch at my desk, leave at 4:00-4:30, come home and get right back on the computer for another couple hours.

Meanwhile I sit there and watch one of the managers say how she has a life and can't work a bunch of OT. Ironically she was the one who barked out orders at everyone else and told them to work OT.

A lot of that sounds really familiar to my work situation. It's a blessing dude.

Ming the Merciless
05-30-2012, 03:55 PM
fuck them

You'll be better off , you seem like a cool smart cat. You'll be laughing at them in 7 months.

Iowanian
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Did your boss leave the yard light on?

mnchiefsguy
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Best of luck finding new, better employment pete!

scho63
05-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Sounds like they did you a favor-good luck in your search and your new endeavor

Mr. Flopnuts
05-30-2012, 05:07 PM
321 a week is a fucking joke. That will barely make your car payment and insurance. Good luck finding something better, soon.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 05:08 PM
321 a week is a ****ing joke. That will barely make your car payment and insurance. Good luck finding something better, soon.

Yeah, luckily I am married and I have some coin saved. Plus we have a rental we own free and clear so the income there helps a lot as well. Otherwise if I was just depening on MO unemployment I'd be ****ed! I should be fine for the next few months anyway.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-30-2012, 05:10 PM
A career as an MLB umpire awaits!!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, luckily I am married and I have some coin saved. Plus we have a rental we own free and clear so the income there helps a lot as well. Otherwise if I was just depening on MO unemployment I'd be ****ed! I should be fine for the next few months anyway.

I'm glad to hear it. You seem like a decent, hard working, individual. I hope things look up quickly.

Ming the Merciless
05-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Bring him in for a look?

mr. tegu
05-30-2012, 05:36 PM
So if you were working 60 hours a week in a place that sounds like salary your hourly pay was essentially 50% of what you signed up for. That is nuts and it is best you are gone.

Also take solace in the fact that since you worked so hard they will soon find out how screwed they are without you. Unfortunately they don't sound quite intelligent enough to make that connection. But you know it and will get the last laugh.

AndChiefs
05-30-2012, 05:41 PM
So if you were working 60 hours a week in a place that sounds like salary your hourly pay was essentially 50% of what you signed up for. That is nuts and it is best you are gone.

Also take solace in the fact that since you worked so hard they will soon find out how screwed they are without you. Unfortunately they don't sound quite intelligent enough to make that connection. But you know it and will get the last laugh.

Technically that's incorrect. His hours worked were 50% more than he signed up for. However, if his salary was based on 60 hours and it was adjusted down to 40 hours worked he would lose 33% of his overall salary not 50%. He'd have to work 80 hours for it to be 50% of what he signed up for.

But that's besides the point. Good luck finding a new job. :)

Jenson71
05-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I interviewed with Lathrop and Cage. They didn't hire me. I remember the interviewer was kind of really into himself.

stevieray
05-30-2012, 06:21 PM
you'll be fine.....you don't come across as a guy who will be unemployed for very long.

...exhale!

good fortune in your search!

BigRedChief
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
sorry pete. You'll land on your feet. Sounds like a horrible situation and not your fault.

In58men
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Being unemployed sucks, I feel your pain. I was out for 3 months with no income (denied for unemployment).

Hopefully, you'll find something soon.

petegz28
05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I interviewed with Lathrop and Cage. They didn't hire me. I remember the interviewer was kind of really into himself.

Do you remember who it was?

Jenson71
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Do you remember who it was?

I don't, and I looked up the attorneys on their website, but no name jumped out at me. I just remember the guy talking about his niece a lot, and having no interest in me.

cabletech94
05-30-2012, 06:50 PM
sorry for the bad news, but as others have said, just gonna lead to something better brother. good luck, and much to you!!!

wutamess
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Wait! I saw a job posting out there the other day asking for what you did? Maybe it was your job they were replacing. Funny thing is... I think I saw it yesterday on careerbuilder.

wutamess
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
The anxiety over not getting a paycheck is setting in. MO unemployment sucks balls compared to KS. I have some $'s saved so I am not without but still. Other than that yes, I am totally relieved. I have been telling my wife I was ready to quit anyway just wanted to do it under different circumstances. I wish I would have at least had my day in court, no pun intended. The C-Level there turned out to be a real chicken shit who wants to be surrounded by Yes Men. I made a real mistake in my perecption of that person.

Might want to check KS unemplyment to see if you still qualify for it.
My sis-n-law did it 1 year+ removed from KS and found out she was eligible after I told her to check.

petegz28
05-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Might want to check KS unemplyment to see if you still qualify for it.
My sis-n-law did it 1 year+ removed from KS and found out she was eligible after I told her to check.

I didn't think about that. I already filed MO but I guess if I filed KS the worst they could tell me is to fuck off, right?

petegz28
05-31-2012, 04:45 AM
Wait! I saw a job posting out there the other day asking for what you did? Maybe it was your job they were replacing. Funny thing is... I think I saw it yesterday on careerbuilder.

I swa that too but I don't think it was for Lathrop

Skyy God
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM

a) It's Lathrop and Gage

b) Depending on your grades, you might have been a lottery interview.

phisherman
05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
They're a good firm to work for if you're an attorney. They pay big time scratch to first year associates, and the billing hours requirements are pretty low too.

However, if you're an IT guy and you see the help wanted sign for them, run. Run far away.

petegz28
05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
They're a good firm to work for if you're an attorney. They pay big time scratch to first year associates, and the billing hours requirements are pretty low too.

However, if you're an IT guy and you see the help wanted sign for them, run. Run far away.

I'm with you. Without some serious managerial changes I would hard pressed to go back to work there.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Your boss while reading ChiefsPlanet...

"Another Pete thread...fire his ass." ;)

HemiEd
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Skip would be proud, this thread hit the 100

Jenson71
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
a) It's Lathrop and Gage

b) Depending on your grades, you might have been a lottery interview.

I was a lottery interview. I think they only selected top 15% for their interviews. It was still pretty disrespectful of the person, in my opinion. They ended up hiring a great person.

dirk digler
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear that pete and hopefully you will land on your feet soon.

Oh and I have a job opening but it is for nights plus I don't think we could afford you. :)