PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baldwin comes down with TD disease

Okie_Apparition
06-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Posted on Fri, Jun. 01, 2012 07:34 PM

Chiefs’ Baldwin misses practice
By ADAM TEICHER

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/01/3637882/chiefs-baldwin-misses-practice.html

The Chiefs have been getting a glimpse of life in their offseason practices without unsigned franchise player Dwayne Bowe, who isn’t participating.

On Friday they saw what things are like without Bowe, their leading pass catcher the last three seasons, and without fellow wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, their first-round draft pick last season. They no doubt didn’t like that view.

Their receivers dropped at least three passes during practice. The Chiefs also lost an apparent touchdown pass when a defensive back ripped the ball from a receiver’s grasp.

So they could have used Bowe or Baldwin. But Bowe remains nowhere in sight, while Baldwin was absent because of a medical condition apparently related to migraine headaches he recently experienced.

“He had a migraine (Thursday) and he’s going to go to the doctor today, so we’ll just have to wait to see,” coach Romeo Crennel said.

The Chiefs also practiced without their starting left tackle, Branden Albert, who Crennel said was tending to personal business but was expected back in time for the next practice on Monday.

Recently-signed tight end Martin Rucker left practice early after injuring his right knee. Rucker remained on the field for a few minutes after one play before walking off on his own. But he walked with a noticeable limp.

Baldwin was replaced in the starting lineup first by veteran Terrance Copper and then by undrafted rookie Josh Bellamy. But, even disregarding Rucker’s injury, it wasn’t a good day for pass catchers as a whole.

Dexter McCluster, Jeremy Horne and a tight end, Jake O’Connell, each dropped easy catches. Devon Wylie lost the touchdown when he allowed defensive back Mikail Baker to knock the ball from his grasp in the end zone.

Wylie later made up for that play with a diving catch in the end zone. Fellow rookie Junior Hemingway also made a big catch that drew raves from offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Even when Baldwin was playing the Chiefs were thin at wide receiver. They also have Steve Breaston, who caught 61 passes last year.

But otherwise the group consists of Cooper, mostly a special-teams player in his eight NFL seasons, McCluster, who is still trying to establish himself, and a collection of young players led by Wylie and Hemingway.

Crennel didn’t sound as if he expected Bowe to arrive any time soon.

“We’re going to win with whoever we have,” Crennel said. “If he’s with us, we’d like that to happen. If he’s not, then we’re going to work with the guys we’ve got here.”

Baldwin tweeted that he was having migraine headaches on Thursday. He missed a day of practice late last season with an unspecified illness that could have been related to migraines, but he wound up playing in the game.

His spectacular one-handed catch in practice on Tuesday remained the talk of their offseason camp three days later.

“That was a really good catch, I must admit,” Crennel said. “I told the team afterward when I called them up that you’ve got to be able to make plays in that situation when we were working with 2 minutes. That’s a pressure situation whether it’s at the end of a half or at the end of a game, and if you’ve got guys that can make plays, that can help you win.

“That was a good play on his part.”

Posted on Fri, Jun. 01, 2012 07:34 PM

cabletech94
06-01-2012, 06:59 PM
pretty sure teicher has a disease.

WhiteWhale
06-01-2012, 07:00 PM
When I get migraines, the day after is a nightmare.

I go to work and I'm uncoordinated and forgetful.

After a Migraine I'm even worse.

Okie_Apparition
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking Marshall Faulk had the problem too
not sure
& a Steelers WR

ReynardMuldrake
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
But otherwise the group consists of Cooper, mostly a special-teams player in his eight NFL seasons, McCluster, who is still trying to establish himself, and a collection of young players led by Wylie and Hemingway.

Who the hell is this Cooper guy?

Okie_Apparition
06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
He gets around

Chiefs Pantalones
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm thinking Marshall Faulk had the problem too
not sure
& a Steelers WR

Percy Harvin had a problem with them.

Okie_Apparition
06-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Posted on Sat, Jun. 02, 2012 01:14 AM
Chiefs’ receivers have up-and-down day as Baldwin misses practice

The receivers have an up-and-down day in Baldwin’s absence from Friday’s practice.
By ADAM TEICHER

The Chiefs have been getting a glimpse of life in their offseason practices without unsigned franchise player Dwayne Bowe, who isn’t participating.

On Friday they saw what things are like without Bowe, their leading pass catcher the last three seasons, and without fellow wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, their first-round draft pick last season. They no doubt didn’t like that view.

Their receivers dropped at least three passes during practice. The Chiefs also lost an apparent touchdown pass when a defensive back ripped the ball from a receiver’s grasp.

So they could have used Bowe or Baldwin. But Bowe remains nowhere in sight, while Baldwin was absent because of a medical condition apparently related to migraine headaches he recently experienced.

“He had a migraine (Thursday) and he’s going to go to the doctor today, so we’ll just have to wait to see,” coach Romeo Crennel said.

The Chiefs also practiced without their starting left tackle, Branden Albert, who Crennel said was tending to personal business but was expected back in time for the next practice on Monday.

Recently signed tight end Martin Rucker left practice early after injuring his right knee. Rucker remained on the field for a few minutes after one play before walking off on his own. But he walked with a noticeable limp.

Baldwin was replaced in the starting lineup first by veteran Terrance Copper and then by undrafted rookie Josh Bellamy. But, even disregarding Rucker’s injury, it wasn’t a good day for pass catchers as a whole.

Dexter McCluster, Jeremy Horne and a tight end, Jake O’Connell, each dropped easy catches. Devon Wylie lost the touchdown when he allowed defensive back Mikail Baker to knock the ball from his grasp in the end zone.

Wylie later made up for that play with a diving catch in the end zone. Fellow rookie Junior Hemingway also made a big catch that drew raves from offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Even when Baldwin was playing the Chiefs were thin at wide receiver. They also have Steve Breaston, who caught 61 passes last year.

Crennel didn’t sound as if he expected Bowe to arrive any time soon.

“We’re going to win with whoever we have,” Crennel said. “If he’s with us, we’d like that to happen. If he’s not, then we’re going to work with the guys we’ve got here.”

Baldwin tweeted that he was having migraine headaches on Thursday. He missed a day of practice late last season with an unspecified illness that could have been related to migraines, but he wound up playing in the game.

His spectacular one-handed catch in practice on Tuesday remained the talk of their offseason camp three days later.

“That was a really good catch, I must admit,” Crennel said. “I told the team afterward when I called them up that you’ve got to be able to make plays in that situation when we were working with 2 minutes. That’s a pressure situation whether it’s at the end of a half or at the end of a game, and if you’ve got guys that can make plays, that can help you win.

“That was a good play on his part.”

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/Okie_Apparition/ro2nv_St_81.jpg

DTHOF
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
What a tard, what team is going to look good missing their top 2 receivers

Rain Man
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Who the hell is this Cooper guy?

It's short for Terrance Coopercopper.

unothadeal
06-02-2012, 04:22 PM
He'll be catchin TDs all season AMIRITE?

Okie_Apparition
06-03-2012, 09:21 AM
June 3 9am ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com Recommend0 Tweet8 Comments9Email Print Weekend mail call:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nollskie from Oklahoma City wants to know if I think second-year Kansas City receiver Jonathan Baldwin can take over for Dwayne Bowe as the team’s top receiver.

BW: I think Baldwin can eventually take that role if Bowe is not with the team in 2013. Bowe was given the franchise tag and he has not signed it. He will be a Chief this year. But there are no guarantees that Bowe will be in Kansas City in 2013. If he leaves as a free agent, Baldwin will get the chance to be the No. 1 receiver in Kansas City. He has great potential, but he needs to continue to develop. I expect to see the immensely talented Baldwin make solid strides in 2012.