PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Softball

luv
06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I got my first ever hit and scored my second run ever tonight! Go me!

Oh, and I got my t-shirt tonight, so I'm officially a Fightin' Squirrel. #37

pr_capone
06-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Go you! :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 10:41 PM
So you're pretty much the shit. The Royals could use a consistant 2bman or catcher... just sayin.

In58men
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-9999-1f21.jpg

luv
06-01-2012, 10:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-9999-1f21.jpg

No thank you. I don't eat cookies.

KS Smitty
06-01-2012, 10:45 PM
https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.storypoint.info%2Feph4one%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F04%2Fgold-star-graphic.jpg&hmac=454ac15535b57b23233e773ebd6cf095

luv
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
So you're pretty much the shit. The Royals could use a consistant 2bman or catcher... just sayin.

LMAO Yeah, that's it.

Phobia
06-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Didn't you take up the sport like, 4 years ago or so?

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
What was the hit luv? Single? Walk off grand slam?

luv
06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Didn't you take up the sport like, 4 years ago or so?

I played in like two game a few years ago. I just started playing on a team regularly this Spring.

luv
06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
What was the hit luv? Single? Walk off grand slam?

Single.

Oh wait, I guess I should say grand slam.

Lumpy
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Nice job, Luv! :thumb:

Fighting Squirrels. Heh.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/insanity540/starwars_squrlightsabre.jpg

If only they were holding baseball bats. :hmmm:

luv
06-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Nice job, Luv! :thumb:

Fighting Squirrels. Heh.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o193/insanity540/starwars_squrlightsabre.jpg

If only they were holding baseball bats. :hmmm:

That'd be adorable! The squirrel on our tshirts has on boxing gloves.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Single.

Oh wait, I guess I should say grand slam.

Nice. Set it up for us. What was the count? Where was the pitch? Where did you hit it? Drive in anyone?

luv
06-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Anyway, I know it's not a real big accomplishment, but it's a start. I grew up roller skating competitively. I've always liked sports, but never really played any. I just don't have a lot of opportunities to actually brag on myself, so I thought I would. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Fighting Squirrels is a good name. My last fantasy football team was the Foaming Rabid Sugar Gliders (squirrels that have skin flaps they extend on their sides and "fly" from tree to tree).

Hammock Parties
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Another Fucking Luv Thread.

luv
06-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Nice. Set it up for us. What was the count? Where was the pitch? Where did you hit it? Drive in anyone?

There was one out. It's coed, so the count starts 1-1. I was 1-2 when I hit the ball to the short stop. The guy running to second was out, but they missed the double play. The guy after me hit it to about the same spot, so I was easily out at second.

Later (separate at-bat), I made it to first when the guy in front of me got walked with us having two outs (guys always get two bases when walked, but the following girl can choose to take first base when it happens with two outs). With two outs, I was running on anything. I was just about to second when I saw the outfielder missed catching the ball that the guy after me hit, so I ran on to third. The next girl up to bat got a hit, which I scored on.

We played a double header tonight. We lost the first game due to some stupid mistakes, but we made up for it in the second game.

luv
06-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Fighting Squirrels is a good name. My last fantasy football team was the Foaming Rabid Sugar Gliders (squirrels that have skin flaps they extend on their sides and "fly" from tree to tree).

It's Fightin' Squirrels. :p

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Another ****ing Luv Thread.

The Ultimate sammich is going to be legendary... and lets not forget "its fun to be gay."

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:08 PM
There was one out. It's coed, so the count starts 1-1. I was 1-2 when I hit the ball to the short stop. The guy running to second was out, but they missed the double play. The guy after me hit it to about the same spot, so I was easily out at second.

Later, I made it to first when the guy in front of me got walked with us having two outs (guys always get two bases when walked, but the following girl can choose to take first base when it happens with two outs). With two outs, I was running on anything. I was just about to second when I saw the outfielder missed catching the ball that the guy after me hit, so I ran on to third. The next girl up to bat got a hit, which I scored on.

We played a double header tonight. We lost the first game due to some stupid mistakes, but we made up for it in the second game.

Technically that may be scored as a fielders choice... I'm embarrased that I'm not certain. I'm calling it a walk off grand slam anyway.

I'm just proud of you for typing "with 2 outs I was running on anything."

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:08 PM
It's Fightin' Squirrels. :p

My mistake.

Hammock Parties
06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
The Ultimate sammich is going to be legendary... and lets not forget "its fun to be gay."

Threads like that are awesome. Posting a lot of images is always a great thread.

Kyle DeLexus
06-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I miss competitive drinking with softball mixed in.

SPchief
06-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Beer league?

Lumpy
06-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I miss competitive drinking with softball mixed in.

The Drinkin' Squirrels

I have some of those in my neighborhood. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Threads like that are awesome. Posting a lot of images is always a great thread.

Yes you know the secret to being awesome.

luv
06-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Technically that may be scored as a fielders choice... I'm embarrased that I'm not certain. I'm calling it a walk off grand slam anyway.

My batting is getting better. Base running isn't bad once I get to base. I totally throw like a girl, though. I am the catcher (because I know I suck...lol), but I can barely even throw the ball back to the pitcher. LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:15 PM
The Drinkin' Squirrels
I have some of those in my neighborhood. :D

oooh I like that one. I need a beer.

cabletech94
06-01-2012, 11:16 PM

+1.

on the sammich, not the 2nd one.

luv
06-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Beer league?

Yes, they sell beer. There's another place on the other side of town that actually runs a beer cart...lol. The only ones that don't sell beer are anything that's part of the city park board.

Fairplay
06-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm proud of you. Good job.

cabletech94
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
My batting is getting better. Base running isn't bad once I get to base. I totally throw like a girl, though. I am the catcher (because I know I suck...lol), but I can barely even throw the ball back to the pitcher. LMAO

we had a girl so bad on our team one year (she was the catcher), the umpire would actually throw the ball back to the pitcher.

yea, she was just a body.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM

As long as you have fun who cares. We at least know you can catch. And as I mentioned KC could use a good catcher until Salvador Perez comes back around the All-Star break.

luv
06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
we had a girl so bad on our team one year (she was the catcher), the umpire would actually throw the ball back to the pitcher.

yea, she was just a body.

There's one like that at this field. Any ball you let get past you, and he tries to beat you to it to throw it back. It's really annoying.

cabletech94
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
There's one like that at this field. Any ball you let get past you, and he tries to beat you to it to throw it back. It's really annoying.

that's just a cry for help, lady!

he wants to play. it's too bad he's not a chick. it's always easier to find a guy sub, than a girl sub.

Phobia
06-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Just have fun and roll it back if you have to. If you're that bad and your team invites you back then they must really like you so that's a good thing to look forward to...

luv
06-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Just have fun and roll it back if you have to. If you're that bad and your team invites you back then they must really like you so that's a good thing to look forward to...

I stand back and let it take the bounce. I'm pretty good at not letting it get by me though.

And I do have a blast, win or lose. I'm getting exercise and having a great time with my second family. I just want to get better, which I know will come with time.

Phobia
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
I stand back and let it take the bounce. I'm pretty good at not letting it get by me though.

That's the way you should do it. There's absolutely no reason to squat behind the plate and catch the ball on the fly. Let the ump see where it lands and crosses. In fact, just stand behind the ump unless your pitcher wants a target.

Simply Red
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Softball isn't the only thing in life you're hitting homeruns in.

Keep up the good work, you'll always be an allstar in my book.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
***official luv appreciation thread***

From the biggest asshole on here to her.

:D

bevischief
06-02-2012, 06:12 AM
congrats.

Old Dog
06-02-2012, 06:42 AM
So what I'm reading is "Luv scored". Grape gatorade for everyone!! Wait a minute, I guess that's not necessary now is it?

I keed....congrats

luv
06-02-2012, 07:12 AM
***official luv appreciation thread***

From the biggest asshole on here to her.

:D

You, by far, are not the biggest asshole to me on here.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-02-2012, 07:43 AM

It is a fielder's choice. Sorry luv that's not technically a hit :(

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Fighting Squirrels?

Were you playing the Battling Beavers?

luv
06-02-2012, 08:02 AM
It is a fielder's choice. Sorry luv that's not technically a hit :(

I got a hit. That was later in the game. Two separate at-bats.

Went and edited my post to better clarify. One instance I was describing my hit. The second paragraph was about the run I scored.

Nickel D
06-02-2012, 08:15 AM
I am the catcher (because I know I suck...lol), but I can barely even throw the ball back to the pitcher. LMAO

Here's why your teammates are glad that you're the catcher:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kDSMFoHuGK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

big nasty kcnut
06-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Great job luv.

RippedmyFlesh
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Do you have any batting cages near by?
Going there would serve 2 purposes.
1 help you hit better.
2 it's a great way to take out frustration wailing at the ball.
I always felt good afterwards enough exercise to get the blood going but not wipe you out and stress relief all at the same time.

Kyle DeLexus
06-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Do you have any batting cages near by?
Going there would serve 2 purposes.
1 help you hit better.
2 it's a great way to take out frustration wailing at the ball.
I always felt good afterwards enough exercise to get the blood going but not wipe you out and stress relief all at the same time.

If no batting cages, a hit away is a good alternative. Go to a park or playground and hit away.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2012, 01:30 PM

Later (separate at-bat), I made it to first when the guy in front of me got walked with us having two outs (guys always get two bases when walked, but the following girl can choose to take first base when it happens with two outs). With two outs, I was running on anything. I was just about to second when I saw the outfielder missed catching the ball that the guy after me hit, so I ran on to third. The next girl up to bat got a hit, which I scored on.

I have bad news.

You still don't have a batting average; that isn't a hit.

Fielders choice, 6-4.

But hey - you get credit for the run scored...

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
LMAO

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM
So does the pitcher come toss you out of the way when there is a play at the plate?

luv
06-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I have bad news.

Fielders choice, 6-4.

How did I not get a hit? I hit the ball, and I made it to first base. Is that not a hit? I didn't get out until running to second when the next batter hit the ball. I'm not counting the time I scored a run as being a hit.

luv
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
So does the pitcher come toss you out of the way when there is a play at the plate?

I handle pop-ups, but the pitcher does tend to cover the plate when there's a hard throw to home.

DeezNutz
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
How did I not get a hit? I hit the ball, and I made it to first base. Is that not a hit? I didn't get out until running to second when the next batter hit the ball. I'm not counting the time I scored a run as being a hit.

I'm a Royals fan, so I know more than most on this board about anemic offenses:

A hit = you're safe AND all runners forced to advance one base = safe.

While you "hit the ball," you did not record a hit.

luv
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm a Royals fan, so I know more than most on this board about anemic offenses:

A hit = you're safe AND all runners forced to advance one base = safe.

While you "hit the ball," you did not record a hit.

Well, that just ruins my day. Still nothing to pat myself on the back about. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Setsuna
06-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry luv. I suppose this thread = useless? At least you improved your OBP. :D

Deberg_1990
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
When did Luv turn lesbian?
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay
06-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I have bad news.

Fielders choice, 6-4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Kyle DeLexus
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, that just ruins my day. Still nothing to pat myself on the back about. Oh well. Maybe next time.

I was going to let you have your moment instead of pointing out the fielders choice, but looks like the others couldn't let it go.

Old Dog
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, that just ruins my day.
Don't let it

Still nothing to pat myself on the back about..
Bullshit.
While it's technically not a "hit" (and who gives a damn, it's coed softball not the World fricking Series) you're out doing something and having fun and getting some fresh air and exercise to boot. Pat until your heart's content....congrats

In58men
06-02-2012, 02:27 PM
No thank you. I don't eat cookies.

Hard to believe when there's over 1,000 different cookies.

Kyle DeLexus
06-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Hard to believe when there's over 1,000 different cookies.

I bet you can't name 1000 different cookies

In58men
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I bet you can't name 1000 different cookies

All you have to do is add one thing to each cookie to make it different. Bet I can

ghak99
06-02-2012, 02:33 PM
We have a warm body behind the plate on our team too. :evil:

If it's anything like our team we're just glad to have a third girl who'll show up to catch every game.. If she gives it her best effort while looking good it's even better.:thumb:

Kyle DeLexus
06-02-2012, 02:36 PM
All you have to do is add one thing to each cookie to make it different. Bet I can
Give it a shot.

DeezNutz
06-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Meh. You scored, and you had a good time, right? Win.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2012, 03:17 PM

You hit the ball and got on base.

Look at it this way, presumably when you were thrown out at 2nd, they could have thrown the runner out at 1st (and would have, if you were not on base). However, they chose to throw you out at 2nd, leaving the runner on 1st safe.

In other words, while you didn't get a hit, by making contact and forcing a play you did create a baserunner.

We have a couple girls that can't manage to do any of that - so you're a step ahead of them.

It's not a hit, but it's better than a strikeout. Gotta crawl before you can walk...

luv
06-02-2012, 04:53 PM
We have a warm body behind the plate on our team too. :evil:

If it's anything like our team we're just glad to have a third girl who'll show up to catch every game.. If she gives it her best effort while looking good it's even better.:thumb:

A third girl? We have to have five. If two of the same sex bat in order, then it's an automatic out.

Saulbadguy
06-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Another Fucking Luv Thread.

AFLT. Lexicon.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2012, 06:05 PM
If we were to write a Chiefsplanet book, AFLT would be the title of one of the chapters.

ghak99
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
A third girl? We have to have five. If two of the same sex bat in order, then it's an automatic out.

Most here play 7/3 with girls hitting 3-6-9 in the lineup. Every now and then a tourney will run a 5/5, every other, and split the field... but it's tough enough for teams to find 3 decent girls so most stay 7/3 and put a home run rule in place.

Either way it's a good time and a good way to remind people they're getting old. ROFL

luv
06-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Okay, so I did finally get my first hit last night. Runners advanced to second and third.

Also got what was probably my best rip. It was a great line drive. Unfortunately, the pitcher snagged it.