PDA

View Full Version : News Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old on Top of Car

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mother-drives-5-week-old-top-car-164426051--abc-news-topstories.html

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.
Neighbors discovered the baby on the roadway, still strapped to his safety seat, which was lying on its side. Luckily, the baby was unhurt.
The baby's mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, who allegedly had been smoking marijuana, was arrested and charged with aggravated driving under the influence and child abuse, police said.
"We believe that whatever she was under the influence of was the deciding factor in what did happen to this child and we're extremely happy that for the baby this turned out well and the baby is going to be OK," Officer James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Depart said.
Clauser, her boyfriend and their friends had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening at a nearby park, but the boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of aggravated DUI when they went to a store - with the baby in the car - to get beer, according to police.
Upset that her boyfriend was arrested, police said, Clauser went to a friend's home and smoked more marijuana.
Clauser left around midnight and apparently put the sleeping baby on the roof of the car and drove off, forgetting he was there, and continued driving after the baby fell off the car, Holmes said.
Leilani Gerlach, a homeowner who lives across from the intersection, notified police after she and another neighbor saw the baby in the car seat on the street.
"We were both rolling our eyes in astonishment that someone could forget their baby," Gerlach said. "The car seat was turned to the side so anyone passing by wouldn't be able to tell there was an actual baby inside. Thank god they stopped."
After police arrived, two people walked up and told them the baby was Clausen's. As the officers talked to the two, who identified themselves as friends of Clausen and her boyfriend, the young mother drove up, police said.
"[She] had gotten into her car, set the baby seat on top of the car and forgot that the child was up there. It does not appear that immediately she realized what happened," Holmes said. "I think that perhaps she got where she was going and realized that she did not have the baby in the car."
"There was damage to the car seat, it was scraped but there was no damage to the child," Holmes said.
The baby is now in custody of Child Protective Services.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Mother Of The Year!

GoHuge
06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Ah ya beat me t0 it. What a fucked up bitch.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Mitt Romney

Johnny Vegas
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I'd like to see her text records as well just in case this 19 year old wasn't also focused on her phone.

-King-
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
ITS THE FUCKING CATALINA WINE MIXER!

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Her boyfriend must be Justin Blackmon.

And this is what will happen if we legalize marijuana. The streets of our great nation will be full of car seats lying on their sides, with confused babies wriggling inside. Do you want that, America? DO YOU?

Deberg_1990
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
5 weeks old and already hitting the Ganja. Nice.

Molitoth
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM

And this is what will happen if we legalize marijuana. The streets of our great nation will be full of car seats lying on their sides, with confused babies wriggling inside. Do you want that, America? DO YOU?

:LOL:

notorious
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
The people I used to know that smoked forgot things all of the time.

They never forgot a baby, though.

Ace Gunner
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM

are you drunk?

Johnny Vegas
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM

we need to elect you for pres!!!1! :thumb:

SPchief
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
LEGALIZE IT! NOBODY GETS HURT! STONERS DONT DRIVE ANY DIFFERENT WHEN THEY'RE HIGH!/bump

Bugeater
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM
LEGALIZE IT! NOBODY GETS HURT! STONERS DONT DRIVE ANY DIFFERENT WHEN THEY'RE HIGH!/bump
Actually, it doesn't sound like there were any issues with her driving.

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Can we ban alcohol?

-King-
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CCWqxUhGfKxtrpoX65Ne4w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/590/2012/06/03/ht-catalina-clouser-mugshot-jt-120603-wblog-jpg_193232.jpg

Bugeater
06-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd hit it.

Johnny Vegas
06-03-2012, 10:24 PM

actually nobody did get hurt. The article clearly states the child wasn't injured at all. Still fucked up but this happens more than we see and its all walks of life that do it. Not just somebody that smokes pot.

SPchief
06-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Actually, it doesn't sound like there were any issues with her driving.

I was just baiting the hook, probably could have done it better, but I'm tired.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 10:51 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CCWqxUhGfKxtrpoX65Ne4w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/590/2012/06/03/ht-catalina-clouser-mugshot-jt-120603-wblog-jpg_193232.jpg

Carpet...drapes...not sure if they should match or not.

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Carpet...drapes...not sure if they should match or not.
Doesnt matter. I prefer hard wood flooring.

Bump
06-03-2012, 11:55 PM

ya because 1 idiot makes news. dumbass.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2012, 12:07 AM
ya because 1 idiot makes news. dumbass.

WEED IS DEADLY AND MAKES PEOPLE EAT FACES!!1!

WilliamTheIrish
06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
"Never leave a man behind". Just like in the movie Raising Arizona.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

cdcox
06-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Poor kid got the Seamus treatment from his own mom.

notorious
06-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Doesnt matter. I prefer hard wood flooring.

You're hired.

06-04-2012, 06:51 AM
It is amazing the child was not hurt.

J Diddy
06-04-2012, 06:54 AM

duuuuh. I'm sorry the correct answer is bath salts. Bath salts make people eat faces.

Rasputin
06-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Well damn, I remember driving off with a 32oz soda on top of my car. (I could hear it in my head) Dumbass/Milkman.

Saul Good
06-04-2012, 07:11 AM

If driving with babies on top of cars is outlawed, only outlaws will drive with babies on top of cars.

KCUnited
06-04-2012, 07:13 AM
http://fox4kc.com/2012/05/04/police-mom-left-child-in-car-before-tragic-death/

LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — Police say that the mother of the baby who died in a car at a Lee’s Summit intersection had earlier accidentally left the child in the car while she was at work.

According to Lee’s Summit Police, the mother was driving home on Thursday afternoon when she noticed that her 13-month-old child had stopped breathing. She stopped her vehicle immediately in the intersection of SW Wintercreek and SW Winterpark Drive, called 911 and tried unsuccessfully to revive the child.

The child was pronounced dead when firefighters and police arrived on the scene.

On Friday, police said that they had completed their investigation and found that the mother, who has not been identified, had unintentionally left the child in a vehicle during the daytime hours while she was at work. Authorities say that the mother had mistakenly believed that she had dropped the child off at daycare.

Police say that their investigation has revealed no signs of foul play, adding that the incident appears to be a tragic accident. The Jackson County Coroner’s Office is working to determine the exact cause of the child’s death.

Radar Chief
06-04-2012, 07:50 AM
It is amazing the child was not hurt.

We still have a Britax baby seat we just haven’t got around to selling yet and the thing is built like a race seat, almost big enough to be used as one too. Assuming the baby was properly strapped in I can see one taking a tumble and keeping the baby safe.

ThaVirus
06-04-2012, 09:11 AM
We still have a Britax baby seat we just haven’t got around to selling yet and the thing is built like a race seat, almost big enough to be used as one too. Assuming the baby was properly strapped in I can see one taking a tumble and keeping the baby safe.

Good. They should all be designed that way. Hate to hear about infants/small children getting hurt.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2012, 09:12 AM
You're hired.

You misunderstood.

frankotank
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM

only if there's no cheetohs readily available..

Phobia
06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
http://fox4kc.com/2012/05/04/police-mom-left-child-in-car-before-tragic-death/

LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — Police say that the mother of the baby who died in a car at a Lee’s Summit intersection had earlier accidentally left the child in the car while she was at work.

Yeah. That lady was a teacher, her husband a HS vice principal and for all appearances, from a very stable family. She made a tragic mistake on what had been to that point the hottest day of the year.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah. That lady was a teacher, her husband a HS vice principal and for all appearances, from a very stable family. She made a tragic mistake on what had been to that point the hottest day of the year.

Ive heard about this story from a few friends up there....incredible.

As a father its impossible for me to imagine how I could forget about my kid in the car all day. Unfathomable.

KCUnited
06-04-2012, 11:00 AM

I saw it on the news when it happened and turned to my wife and said I hope their marriage can survive this.

Edit: I don't know them, just an initial reaction when I heard it.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I really don't know how you could forget your child.

Especially an infant.

Priest31kc
06-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I really don't know how you could forget your child.

Especially an infant.

This.

Lumpy
06-04-2012, 11:39 AM
How in the hell do you forget about your child being placed on top of your car or inside of your car?!

The incident w/ the pink haired chick and her baby is a prime example why we need some type of application process for people to breed. The other incident w/ the baby that was left in the car just boggles my mind.

Donger
06-04-2012, 11:42 AM
How in the hell do you forget about your child being placed on top of your car or inside of your car?!

The incident w/ the pink haired chick and her baby is a prime example why we need some type of application process for people to breed. The other incident w/ the baby that was left in the car just boggles my mind.

$20 says she was yapping on her cell phone. Some people simply don't have the ability to do anything else while on their phone.

The Franchise
06-04-2012, 11:53 AM

I'd pee in her butt.

-King-
06-04-2012, 12:04 PM

I thought the husband was a football coach at one of the Lee's Summit High schools.

Fish
06-04-2012, 12:19 PM

I'd get her high and practice making another one...

In58men
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd knock the bottom out

Setsuna
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I'd do her.

BoneKrusher
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
can you say Joan Crawford?

Phobia
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I thought the husband was a football coach at one of the Lee's Summit High schools.

Assistant coach of several sports and has been hired as asst principal for the 2012/13 school year at LSW.

vailpass
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
If driving with babies on top of cars is outlawed, only outlaws will drive with babies on top of cars.

LMAO

durtyrute
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
How is weed illegal but alcohol, which is does far more damage, is not?

vailpass
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Funny thing is this dumb hole had been picked up and taken home by the police 2 hours before this incident.

Hanging out in a park smoking pot with your mexican baby daddy in front of the baby.

I'm not sayin' I approve of honor killings, I'm sayin' I understand/C. Rock

Iowanian
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
MJ makes you a safer driver if anything.......

Superbowltrashcan
06-04-2012, 03:47 PM
After a night of tokin' I give her credit for getting the kid to the roof of the car. In video game terms she completed multiple levels here. She had to keep the baby hidden while her love hunk got busted and hauled off. Furthermore, she kept that kid quiet while she sparked up at the local playground. Nobody can get a good buzz going with a baby screaming. Plus she went back for the kid... Gotta be worth something....:thumb:

ForeverChiefs58
06-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Pretty sure this one overdosed on stupid.

Woman takes child out of car seat, straps in gas can

A Colorado woman was cited for a seat belt violation when the police officer who pulled her over during a routine traffic stop discovered she had removed her child from a car seat to make room for a gas can.

The unidentified female driver was stopped after making an improper turn in Aurora, Colo., on May 30. The woman and her two children—a 14-year-old and the toddler—were not wearing seat belts. But a photo of the back seat taken by the officer for the Aurora Police Department's "Click It or Ticket" campaign shows the gas can was secured with the seat belt meant for the young child.

"This could be one of the extreme incidents we've ever seen," Aurora Police spokesman Frank Fania told the Denver Post.

On Tuesday, the Colorado Department of Transportation posted the photo to its Facebook wall, encouraging users to "share it to remind everyone that life is precious, so please be responsible and make sure children are properly restrained in the appropriate child safety seat."

Many Facebook users thought the photo was staged.

"Anyone dumb or lazy enough to not put kid in car seat wouldn't take time to do it with their gas can," Kristin Sliger wrote. "Probably just a statement about how expensive gas is."

Most, though, were outraged.

"This is ridiculous," Ray Phillips wrote. "Having the child poorly restrained is one thing, but think about the gas fumes!"

"One slam on the brakes and the gas would be all over the car and the kid thru the front window," Jennae Warrick Hunter wrote. "This is so wrong!"

Nancy Chavez added: "At least the kid is IN the car and not on the ROOF!"

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Jl3TH_ekqsloSVAq_L9MLA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thesideshow/cdot-aurora.jpg

Ace Gunner
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
paranoid idiots make claims "if we legalize, this will happen everywhere" yet if it was legal, it would not be legal to drive and uh, puff. duh.

use your fucking "smart" heads ppl.

Ace Gunner
06-07-2012, 10:44 AM
oh, and somebody bump that recent thread about the drunk who strapped 5 kids to the hood of his car, because apparently some paranoid idiots missed that story where a guy on a "legal drug" called alcohol got popped for dumbassery.

Ace Gunner
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM
MJ makes you a safer driver if anything.......

and sarcasm is often subtle :D

tooge
06-07-2012, 10:56 AM
what the hell is up with mothers these days. When I was a kid, we got strapped directly to the hot roof. there was no car seat.

Fish
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
what the hell is up with mothers these days. When I was a kid, we got strapped directly to the hot roof. there was no car seat.

Your parents took you with them when they left the house? You lucky bastard....

tooge
06-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Your parents took you with them when they left the house? You lucky bastard....

no. we had two cars

Frankie
06-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Pretty sure this one overdosed on stupid.

Tell us. How does that feel?