PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs have signed veteran S Abram Elam

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Josh Looney ‏@JoshLooney

#Chiefs have signed veteran S Abram Elam. Expected to take part in today's OTA session.

Munson
06-04-2012, 09:42 AM
No more Sabby?

ILChief
06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
No more Sabby?

Nor McGraw

Rain Man
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I remember some people on the board loving this guy a few years ago when he was traded, but it seemed like he never really took off. Injuries or a misevaluation of talent?

Chiefnj2
06-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Guy has had a rough life.

Rain Man
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Guy has had a rough life.

What's the story?

noa
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
To the riverboat!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
06-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Holy cow. Three siblings murdered in independent events? Wow.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-05-10/sports/17897775_1_abram-elam-drug-related-shooting-donald-elam

BigChiefFan
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Decent depth, but would have rather seen Otagwe signed.

Mr. Laz
06-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Decent depth, but would have rather seen Otagwe signed.
there must be something wrong with Otagwe

He just can't keep a job even though he puts up decent numbers.

Either he gets his numbers by freelancing and refusing to follow the defense scheme or he is really bad locker room guy.

:shrug:

Okie_Apparition
06-04-2012, 10:58 AM
SAE!

Cornstock
06-04-2012, 11:23 AM
SAE!

10W-30?
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/cas/03826/image/2/

Quesadilla Joe
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Smart signing. Berry never left the field as a rookie and that probably led to his injury. Bringing in a vet like Elam will allow us to not run Berry into the ground.

shitgoose
06-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Smart signing. Berry never left the field as a rookie and that probably led to his injury. Bringing in a vet like Elam will allow us to not run Berry into the ground.

JFC.....

BigChiefFan
06-04-2012, 11:31 AM

Either he gets his numbers by freelancing and refusing to follow the defense scheme or he is really bad locker room guy.

:shrug:Not really sure what the deal is. I know the Rams released him a few years back due to money. He was due an $8 million bonus and so they released him, rather than pay. Other than that, I've never heard anything else about him being a bad apple, so-to-speak or any other knock on him. Seems a little strange.

Okie_Apparition
06-04-2012, 11:50 AM
viscosity in safety is always good

ChiefsCountry
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Print em'

mcaj22
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM

:shrug:

i have a friend who is a Redskins fan and I asked him what the knock on Otogwe was (because I dont watch anything Redskins) and the dude said Otogwe was so bad last season at both coverage and stopping the run, that they benched him for fucking Reed Doughty or whatever white guy's name is.

Cornstock
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
viscosity in safety is always good

I think Elam will really grease the wheels of this defense.

RustShack
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
He might just be one of those guys who was really good in one scheme, but didn't play so well in the next with another team.

Reerun_KC
06-04-2012, 12:09 PM

The shit people say... Say it enough it becomes fact...

Micjones
06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Good depth signing. Gives us some insurance in case we have an injury there.

ChiefMojo
06-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I'll say this, Elam is a definite upgrade over Sabby and a solid upgrade over McGraw. McGraw was no way horrible but as we all know the last two years he definitely started to fall off in play/health. Sabby just down right sucked! He actually improved a little as a Chief compared to his Buc days but still bad football.

Elam is someone that has a fair amount of starting experience but described as someone that is very solid all-around. He won't wow anyone with his play but good against the run and so-so against the pass. A quality #3 safety imo.

BigChiefFan
06-04-2012, 12:28 PM
He might just be one of those guys who was really good in one scheme, but didn't play so well in the next with another team.

I'm not sure that works in Otagwe's case, because he excelled when Haslett was head coach of the Rams and Haslett was the D-Coordinator for the Redskins, last year.

The Bad Guy
06-04-2012, 12:34 PM

I know you know next to nothing about the nfl or the chiefs defense but this post proves your just a trolling, bet welching cock that should be booted the fuck out of here.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Smart signing. Berry never left the field as a rookie and that probably led to his injury. Bringing in a vet like Elam will allow us to not run Berry into the ground.If you truly believe this, then you're an idiot. That shit has zero to do with ACL tears.

KCDC
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
i have a friend who is a Redskins fan and I asked him what the knock on Otogwe was (because I dont watch anything Redskins) and the dude said Otogwe was so bad last season at both coverage and stopping the run, that they benched him for ****ing Reed Doughty or whatever white guy's name is.

I live in the DC area and watch the Skins too. The Redskins are very shorthanded at safety and they still cut him. He's a liability in coverage, which is not a good thing in a pass-happy league. He covers like Sabby but wants more money.

BoneKrusher
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
i remember the name (Elam) but i cant recall who he played for.

mikey23545
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM

Yeah, that's probably why he got injured on one of the first plays of the following year...

Tard-welcher.

Hammock Parties
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Any time you can get the 55th ranked safety, you have to go ahead and lock him up.

Fortunately he was 73rd in pass coverage.

mikey23545
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Not really sure what the deal is. I know the Rams released him a few years back due to money. He was due an $8 million bonus and so they released him, rather than pay. Other than that, I've never heard anything else about him being a bad apple, so-to-speak or any other knock on him. Seems a little strange.

He's a Ron Paul supporter.

Hammock Parties
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Fun facts with Satanic Goat: (safeties sorted by pass coverage, worst player is at the top of the list)

http://i48.tinypic.com/9vaah2.jpg

Buckweath
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Fine signing IMO. Even what we had last year at SS next to Lewis didn't impede our defense from being pretty much elite in the second half of last season.

Quesadilla Joe
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I know you know next to nothing about the nfl or the chiefs defense but this post proves your just a trolling, bet welching cock that should be booted the **** out of here.

The NFL is a huge shock to the body for rookies. They aren't used to playing that many games. Upper Decker and Delirium Tremmens have mentioned how hard it was for them physically LAST year after they started getting starter minutes and last year was their second year.

Playing a rookie every defensive/special teams snap was reckless. Again, as Chiefs fan, I think this is a very smart signing by Pioli.

saphojunkie
06-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Fun facts with Satanic Goat: (safeties sorted by pass coverage, worst player is at the top of the list)

http://i48.tinypic.com/9vaah2.jpg

Your stats are meaningless. Any statistic that tells me Sabby Piscitelli was not the worst player in the league is meaningless, slanted, drivel.

The guy is so awful he even pronounces his name wrong.

BigMeatballDave
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
The NFL is a huge shock to the body for rookies. They aren't used to playing that many games. Upper Decker and Delirium Tremmens have mentioned how hard it was for them physically LAST year after they started getting starter minutes and last year was their second year.

Playing a rookie every defensive/special teams snap was reckless. Again, as Chiefs fan, I think this is a very smart signing by Pioli.

Playing time has NOTHING to do with ACL tears.

Hammock Parties
06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Your stats are meaningless. Any statistic that tells me Sabby Piscitelli was not the worst player in the league is meaningless, slanted, drivel.

The guy is so awful he even pronounces his name wrong.

ROFL

Don't worry, Elam's run defense was pretty decent.

Awful in coverage, though. Worse than Pissi.

The Bad Guy
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM

Get fucked. There's no correlation to his snaps and his injury.

So spew your bullshit elsewhere, douche.

Demariyus Thomas is a glass bitch and Decker has had his share of injuries too. Berry was never hurt EVER before his knee last year.

vailpass
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
LMAO The way some of you idiots let KnowMo mindfuck you never ceases to amuse.

Nickel D
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Is this the same Abe that's also a vampire hunter?

mcaj22
06-04-2012, 03:50 PM
in Elams defense he wont be a starting safety barring injury, will be the sub package safety and he will be playing with 10x better CBs on this team than he had with the cowboys last season

ChiTown
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
My printing machine seems to be jamming up........

Chiefnj2
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
It was a deep free agent safety class this year. Pretty dumb to sit so long.

Chiefnj2
06-04-2012, 04:01 PM

Yep, Berry had way too many carries his rookie year.

Simply Red
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Good Christ, are they ever going to hire anyone I've heard of?

SAUTO
06-04-2012, 06:32 PM

well of course they had a tough time last year,.they didn't play starters minutes as rookies...

dumbass
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
06-04-2012, 06:41 PM
LMAO The way some of you idiots let KnowMo mindfuck you never ceases to amuse.

Yeah its pretty funny to watch.
Posted via Mobile Device