PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Come get some Thunder REP!! FINALS BABY!!!

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Mavs, Lakers, Spurs... I'd say this group earned this trip to the Finals. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I might end up selling a kidney on the black market for Finals tickets.

I love everyone.

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm also changing my avatar for the first time in almost 7 years.

luv
06-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Nicely done.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Durant is the shit

Shoulda went to KU

notorious
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Gotta support the local, small market team.

Reerun_KC
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
There will be a jayhawk wearing a championship ring after these finals.

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Hopefully 2.

Shogun
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM

Paul Pierce.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
You know what? Congrats Thunder fans. I surely don't blame ya'll. Soak it up. I was 2 years old the last time my favorite team won a title.

Reerun_KC
06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Either.way a jayhawk will be crowned an NBA champion.

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
You know what? Congrats Thunder fans. I surely don't blame ya'll. Soak it up. I was 2 years old the last time my favorite team won a title.

I feel for the Sonics fans. Here's to hoping you get that new arena and team. :thumb:

58-4ever
Paul Pierce.

No rep for you. Pierce is a wannabe gangsta.

Reaper16

As long as it isn't Chalmers.

dirk digler
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Congrats Thunder fans enjoy it

Reaper16
06-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Congrats, Thunder fans.

Fuck you, all Sooner fans.

Shogun
06-06-2012, 10:03 PM
No rep for you. Pierce is a wannabe gangsta.

Haters gonna Hate.

Congrats on the Conf win though, seriously.

But, Road to 18 continues.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I feel for the Sonics fans. Here's to hoping you get that new arena and team. :thumb:

I appreciate it. I hope Clay will give us our team name and colors back. In the meantime, Go Sonics!!! Err, I mean, Thunder!!! Maybe I'll try and get my hands on some tickets. Durant, and Collison were Sonics at some point.

I'll tell you this much, Durant is everything you want in a star. It's real, real hard to root against that dude. I'll be watching the Finals and enjoying what might have been.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
**** YEAH!!!

Joe Seahawk
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
GO SONICS!!

tk13
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
GOOD JOB! GOOD EFFORT!

Saccopoo
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/campus.kansas.top10/images/clyde-lovellette.jpg

http://www.ultimate-youth-basketball-guide.com/images/wilt-chamberlain-21357928.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/heat/hpg0708_media_day_071001_13.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/209/029/jacque-vaughn-bringup_display_image.jpg?1313904281

http://static-l3.blogcritics.org/10/04/26/133463/scot-pollard3.jpg

Mr. Arrowhead
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Good Job and good effort. Seriously though, OKC is only 2 hour drive from my house, and even tho I am a Mavs fan, OKC is easily my 2nd favorite team.

WhitiE
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Woot woot!

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I posted this in the other thread but thought it was especially cool:

Pop noted that the Thunder have beat the teams that won 10 out of the last 13 Championships (Dallas, LA, and SA). Regardless of who they face in the Finals, it will be 11 out of the last 13. That is insane.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-06-2012, 10:14 PM
1st time since 1998 that the Western Conference is won by a team not named Dallas, LA, or San Antonio

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers have won 10 out of the last 13 Championships. We certainly earned it.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Mavs, Spurs, and Lakers have won 10 out of the last 13 Championships. We certainly earned it.

The fact that Kevin Durant let's Scott Brooks be Scott Brooks is a testament to what kind of player Kevin is. That is going to lead to a dynasty. Enjoy it. I see half a dozen championships in your future. Kevin is EVERYTHING you want in a young, budding, superstar.

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 10:24 PM
The fact that Kevin Durant let's Scott Brooks be Scott Brooks is a testament to what kind of player Kevin is. That is going to lead to a dynasty. Enjoy it. I see half a dozen championships in your future. Kevin is EVERYTHING you want in a young, budding, superstar.

No doubt. Maybe the most likable superstar in sports and he's only 23. He has one of the most natural and pure shots in the history of the game. Uncanny for such a young guy.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
No doubt. Maybe the most likable superstar in sports and he's only 23. He has one of the most natural and pure shots in the history of the game. Uncanny for such a young guy.He is special. I don't remember him being nearly this good when he was playing against Missouri.

58-4ever
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
He is special. I don't remember him being nearly this good when he was playing against Missouri.

He was pretty special in college, but you saw him when he was 18 too. He only played one year at UT

tredadda
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Great series by the Thunder. They should easily be the favorites in the finals regardless of who they play.

Quesadilla Joe
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Gotta feel bad for Sonics fans. Also gotta feel bad for Blazers fans for drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan AGAIN.

BWillie
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Damn right. I went to the SA vs OKC game in SA as an OKC fan of course...and I saw several OKC fans in the Russell Westbrook fish lure shirt with the red glasses lol lolllol

Quesadilla Joe
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Great series by the Thunder. They should easily be the favorites in the finals regardless of who they play.

I don't know... I think the Celtics would have to be favored if they make it. They've been there and done it and Pierce and Rondo are the two most clutch players in the NBA. The Celtics team defense is nasty too.

(FTR I hate the Celtics and everything else Cheatriot fans like)

Bugeater
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm also changing my avatar for the first time in almost 7 years.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pX9R9Y1t2BA/StlFPHmbVwI/AAAAAAAAAF4/-9TLBi6WaPM/s400/waiting.jpg

BWillie
06-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't know... I think the Celtics would have to be favored if they make it. They've been there and done it and Pierce and Rondo are the two most clutch players in the NBA. The Celtics team defense is nasty too.

KG is one of the biggest pieces of $hit in the NBA. Huge whiner, classless at times, dirty. No idea why so many ppl like him. He is essentially Ron Artest, but just hasn't attacked any fans in the stands yet.

tredadda
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM

We will see, but to me the Celtics are to old to run with OKC. I kept thinking and I still believe the Western Conference reps are better than whomever the east sends, especially when Rose went down for Chicago.

Quesadilla Joe
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah I had no idea KG was a dbag until he came to Boston. I always thought he was a good guy when he was with the T-Wolves.

Shogun
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM

we hate you too

Quesadilla Joe
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
We will see, but to me the Celtics are to old to run with OKC. I kept thinking and I still believe the Western Conference reps are better than whomever the east sends, especially when Rose went down for Chicago.

The Celtics can control the tempo and pick and choose when they want to run. Rondo matches up with Westbrook pretty well and he can keep RW from getting to the rim. Durant will get his, but at the end of the day, I don't think the 1-on-1 ball that the Thunder like to play will work too well against Boston.

I'll definitely be rooting for the Thunder no matter who comes out of the East.

Cornstock
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Ya baby! OKC!

RunKC
06-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Let's slow down on the dynasty talk.

Harden and Ibaka are free agents after next season and there is no way in hell OKC will get either. They gave max contracts to KD and Westbrook. Both Harden and Ibaka are gonna get max contracts from some team. With the new CBA, OKC won't have the money to keep them.

mnchiefsguy
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Awesome to see a new team make it to the finals. Hopefully they will meet the Celtics and not the Heat.

cosmo20002
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Beating the Lakers always get my appreciation. OKC - Bos would be cool.

Pitt Gorilla
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Harden and Ibaka are free agents after next season and there is no way in hell OKC will get either. They gave max contracts to KD and Westbrook. Both Harden and Ibaka are gonna get max contracts from some team. With the new CBA, OKC won't have the money to keep them.Ibaka gets a max deal?

Bump
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I like watching Collison and Aldrich, they don't get much PT but its cool to see them both on the court together.

There will be at least 3 Jayhawks in the NBA finals! I hope the 3rd is Pierce.

RunKC
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Ibaka gets a max deal?

That or close to. He's gonna get a hell of a lot of money. He's one of the best defenders in the league and him lighting it up (11/11 the other night) is only making him more valued.

Pitt Gorilla
06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
That or close to. He's gonna get a hell of a lot of money. He's one of the best defenders in the league and him lighting it up (11/11 the other night) is only making him more valued.9-10 ppg, 7-8 rpg, 3 bpg. I can't see that being anywhere near a max deal.

okcchief
06-07-2012, 01:26 AM

Harden and Ibaka are free agents after next season and there is no way in hell OKC will get either. They gave max contracts to KD and Westbrook. Both Harden and Ibaka are gonna get max contracts from some team. With the new CBA, OKC won't have the money to keep them.

I don't know that either is a max player, but if they are good for them. It's my understanding Durant is going to sacrifice to keep this team together. He makes plenty away from basketball and wants to win above all. This is a tight knit group and I'm certain they'll keep at least 1 if not both. It's in their best interest to stay together than to go get Max dollars in Toronto or some shit. Time will tell though. Anything is possible until they are signed. I know they are making it a priority to sign both this offseason. I don't think this ownership is afraid to spend money to make money either. They are building a brand.

MMXcalibur
06-07-2012, 01:28 AM
The Oklahoma City Thunder have the absolute worst logo in sports.

okcchief
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM
That or close to. He's gonna get a hell of a lot of money. He's one of the best defenders in the league and him lighting it up (11/11 the other night) is only making him more valued.

Ibaka is a great shot blocker. He's a help defender. He's not even the best defender on the team in reality. His offensive output is inconsistent as shit. Some nights he can't catch the ball. I love Serge but you are overvaluing him.

Harden on the other hand could get some big offers. I thinks he's better off staying here for a little less. Durant kind of opens up shit for you.

okcchief
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM

I hated it at first, but it's grown on me. Who gives a shit really though? The uniforms are good IMO

okcchief
06-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I like watching Collison and Aldrich, they don't get much PT but its cool to see them both on the court together.

Collison gets a good amount of playing time, but they didn't use him as much vs SA. He's a very important part of the team.

RunKC
06-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Ibaka is a great shot blocker. He's a help defender. He's not even the best defender on the team in reality. His offensive output is inconsistent as shit. Some nights he can't catch the ball. I love Serge but you are overvaluing him.

Harden on the other hand could get some big offers. I thinks he's better off staying here for a little less. Durant kind of opens up shit for you.

Boston tried to get Harden before, but they said no. And Ibaka is the best defender on the team on the inside. Perkins is VERY inconsistent. He is more bark than bite.

Harden is a starter. I think he's more reliable than Westbrook overall. Hits the big shots, plays good defense.
Some team is going to throw a ton of money at Harden.

58-4ever
06-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Collison, with the exception of last night, sees the floor quite a bit. He's usually the first big man off the bench.

Predarat
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I don't always watch the NBA, but when I do, I pull for the OKC Thunder.

Pitt Gorilla
06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Boston tried to get Harden before, but they said no. And Ibaka is the best defender on the team on the inside. Perkins is VERY inconsistent. He is more bark than bite.

Harden is a starter. I think he's more reliable than Westbrook overall. Hits the big shots, plays good defense.
Some team is going to throw a ton of money at Harden.Harden's height will hurt him as a FA.

58-4ever
06-07-2012, 01:37 PM
Harden's height will hurt him as a FA.

What?!?! How so?

58-4ever
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Harden's height will hurt him as a FA.

Position: G
Born: 08/26/1989
Height: 6-5/1,96
Weight: 220 lbs./99,8 kg
College: Arizona State

6-5 is pretty good for a 2 Guard that can bring the ball up and has better vision than most point guards. Are you spouting BS or using unfunny sarcasm?

58-4ever
06-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Perkins is an inconsistent scorer... but I'm not sure what you mean otherwise. He's the ONLY Thunder defender that could stop Duncan from manhandling his way all the way to the hoop when he posts up.

Micjones
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Just kinda feels like OKC's year.
That team is well put together.

Thig Lyfe
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
I like the Thunder. They make me wish I watched more basketball.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
So long Boring, Baldy, and Mr. Longoria!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

whoman69
06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
With the Mavericks getting whacked, I like rooting for the new guys.

okcchief
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Perkins and Collison are more consistent straight up defenders than Ibaka. Ibaka is best lurking in the weeds swatting shots. Ibaka was pulled late last night because Duncan was tearing him up. Last year Collison played more minutes than Ibaka against Memphis and Dallas. Ibaka is a great shot blocker. He's become a better defender but he's not great against post players. He's great at protecting the rim from penetrating guards and coming in to help. There is no way he's a max player.

okcchief
06-07-2012, 05:11 PM
BTW I love Ibaka. I even have a jersey. I'm a realist though. I've watched him play every game the last 3 years. He's getting better all the time, but he's still inconsistent. There is more to defense than blocking shots. Offensively, he has hands of stone at times and has zero low post offensive game. He'll get a good contract, but he's just not a max guy.

Simply Red
06-07-2012, 06:38 PM
sure, I like 'em.

Old Dog
06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Congrats. Rep to you and may the Thunder beat whoever they face in the finals.

I'm a Spurs fan from my time spent in San Antonio, though truth be told I don't watch a lot of the NBA anymore as it just isn't as good on TV IMHO.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Would love to see OKC win it all. So nice to have some new blood in the finals. Hope they play Boston.

Archie F. Swin
06-08-2012, 06:47 AM
What does thunder look like?