PDA

View Full Version : Misc Double Arm Transplant!!

frankotank
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Double arm transplant patient feels new hands
Below:

MEXICO CITY — A Mexican man whose arms were severely burned by electricity became the first patient in Latin America to receive a double arm transplant, doctors said Thursday.

Gabriel Granados, a 52-year-old father of two whose arms were amputated just below the elbow, received the arms of a 34-year-old shooting victim, said Dr. Martin Iglesias, head of the surgical team that performed the operation.

Granados told a news conference that the transplant was "terrific" and that he has begun to feel his new hands.

"This is wonderful that after being without hands for some time, all of a sudden I see new hands," said Granados, who is an agent in the financial unit of Mexico City's prosecutors' office.

Don't miss these Health stories Courtesy of the ISMP Eye burns linked to Clear Care cleaner
Amid ongoing reports of burning eyes and emergency injuries, the makers of a popular contact lens solution have failed to adequately warn consumers about the dangers of using the product improperly, a patient safety group says.

.'Macho' dudes are more likely to sacrifice for the team
Does the sun make you sneeze? It's not just you
Men seek testosterone quick fix, with risks
Most breast-feeding moms quit earlier than planned
..The surgery was in early May, but Granados was discharged from the hospital on Thursday. Doctors said he has recovered well.

Granados' arms were amputated after they were badly burned in January 2011, when he received an electrical shock while giving instructions to a group of construction workers building a fence.

Before the surgery, doctors say they practiced the procedure on corpses.

"This is a very special day for Mexico from a scientific point of view," said Dr. Fernando Gabilondo, director of Mexico City's National Institute of Medical Science and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, where the surgery was performed.

Mexican doctors say there are other 23 patients waiting for arms transplant although only six could be successfully done.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47734620/ns/health-mens_health/

Amazing. I remember how fantastical the 6 Million Dollar Man was. Not so much anymore. Choose....robot arm....or real arm. Just amazing.

L.A. Chieffan
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
they probably have plenty of donors

bevischief
06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
That will be handy around the house.

Planetman
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Someone need to give that surgical team a hand. Thumbs up to them.

Saulbadguy
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
He will be able to give himself one hell of a "stranger"

cookster50
06-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I rate this article "two hands up"

Thig Lyfe
06-08-2012, 11:50 AM
This may be the solution to our QB problem!!!

Rain Man
06-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Was anyone else a little disappointed to learn that he was just replacing missing arms instead of adding two new ones?

And now that I think about it, are there any NFL rules that prevent a player from adding a couple of new arms? It seems like the contract amounts now are big enough to justify it for a nose tackle or defensive end.

pr_capone
06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Completely worthless without pics better than the one in the article. I was expecting some Frankenstein type photographs to complement the article.

frankotank
06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
This may be the solution to our QB problem!!!

Things that make you go hmmm...
Now.....how do we go about getting cassholes arms chopped off??

Okie_Apparition
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
A 52 year old Mexican man with only two children
I've been fed lies

Valiant
06-08-2012, 03:36 PM
they probably have plenty of donors

:clap::clap:

notorious
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Give the man a hand!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4630602411213168&id=a430592b2fecd882551b995a2b3e9f7c