06-09-2012, 04:36 PM
the 8 Marines.

Johnny Vegas
06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
in a cage. the bears.

in the woods. the marines.

DaFace
Depends on the setting. If it's a cage match, the bears win since the Marines won't really have any easy way of doing much damage to the bears. If it's in a realistic venue, like in a forest, I'll take the Marines. They'll eventually figure out something to use as a weapon like a rock or a tree.

DaFace
in a cage. the bears.

in the woods. the marines.

Beat you by .5 seconds.

Johnny Vegas
06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Beat you by .5 seconds.

how the fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Shogun
06-09-2012, 04:45 PM
no you guys don't understand.

UNARMED. the setting is about a football field of a ring. no items. just fist/paw fight. the marines can use the size of the field to their advantage if they like.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
LMAO

Jesus, this is not even close, the bears.

http://www.edu.pe.ca/southernkings/Pictures/grizzly.jpg

Deberg_1990
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Union Rags could take them all.

Cheater5
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
No sh#t. Bears win. Bears win in any venue. What are the eight Marines going to do? Show them a cool recruiting commercial and challenge them to a pugil stick fight?

DaFace
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
No sh#t. Bears win. Bears win in any venue. What are the eight Marines going to do? Show them a cool recruiting commercial and challenge them to a pugil stick fight?

The only thing I could think of would be to somehow MAKE a weapon. You have to get really specific on this. For example, if the Marines are wearing belts, you might be able to choke the bears to death. A Marine or two would fall in the process, but they might be able to win that way.

If it's literally hands and feet only, the Marines are toast.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM

legit lost my shit at this

ROFL

Shogun
06-09-2012, 04:53 PM
The only thing I could think of would be to somehow MAKE a weapon. You have to get really specific on this. For example, if the Marines are wearing belts, you might be able to choke the bears to death. A Marine or two would fall in the process, but they might be able to win that way.

yes this is allowed. they can use whatever items they have on them which includes their shirts, tags, pants, belts, socks, boots and underwear, and/glasses

Zebedee DuBois
06-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Da Bears.

unless the 8 marines were all mike ditka.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 04:57 PM

You have never been close to a grizzly bear, have you? The power in those things is unreal. They can bring down a full grown 7 foot tall bull moose.

The bear would flick the marine and his belt off like a house fly. They can also keep up with a race hose in a short sprint. A grizzly bear is nothing but muscles, teeth, speed and nasty.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM
You have never been close to a grizzly bear, have you? The power in those things is unreal. They can bring down a full grown 7 foot tall bull moose.

The bear would flick the marine and his belt off like a house fly. They can also keep up with a race hose in a short sprint. A grizzly bear is nothing but muscles, teeth, speed and nasty.

8 of the marines. you get 2 to distract the bears and 6 choke them with belts?

idk.

thats what makes this a challenge

Bwana
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
8 of the marines. you get 2 to distract the bears and 6 choke them with belts?

idk.

thats what makes this a challenge

Dude, you're killing me. Dirt nap, eight marines.

T-post Tom
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e8G0A3yCGWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
06-09-2012, 05:06 PM
LMAO

Jesus, this is not even close, the bears.

http://www.edu.pe.ca/southernkings/Pictures/grizzly.jpg

i just changed my mind. :thumb:

Shogun
06-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Dude, you're killing me. Dirt nap, eight marines.

hey, i went ahead and gave the marines a better chance at winning giving them 7 extra marines, but 1 more bear. 1 on 1 would have been detrimental to the 1 marine.

DaFace
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Oh, I don't disagree. I'd still bet on the bears. But I could see it being POSSIBLE. If you get 3 or 4 guys distracting it from the front and another rides it like a bull, you never know.

Bump
06-09-2012, 05:13 PM

UNARMED. the setting is about a football field of a ring. no items. just fist/paw fight. the marines can use the size of the field to their advantage if they like.

and it's supposed to be a serious question?

Bump
06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I'd take 2 bears over 100 marines in that scenario.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 05:15 PM
and it's supposed to be a serious question?

DEAD serious. come on man, 8 marines and 2 bears lifes are on the line! DOES THIS SEEM LIKE A JOKE TO YOU

Bump
06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
However, that would be cool to watch. Assuming the marines were willingly stupid enough to try it.

Aries Walker
06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I'd take 2 bears over 100 marines in that scenario.
This.

DEAD serious. come on man, 8 marines and 2 bears lifes are on the line! DOES THIS SEEM LIKE A JOKE TO YOU
Doesn't matter.

Bears.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
This.

Doesn't matter.

Bears.

im also on team #BEAR

Son of Logical
06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
This reminds me of something that went around the internet like 5 or 6 years ago, where a Taiwanese(?) wrestling promoter made an event where a 100 midgets fought 1 lion. The 1 lion won hands down. Now I don't know how real that was of course, but this sounds like a similar match up. I think 1 bear would kill all 8 marines. With there being 2 bears, it is not even close. The bears by a mile. I mean this scenario doesn't even give the marines an area to try to sneak attack. Large flat field?
Yup bears 8 -marines 0.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Here is a fast little Youtube video, to help you make up your mind, enjoy:

Nature's Perfect Predators - Grizzly Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=etGkgCRSFC0&NR=1

BoneKrusher
06-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Here is a fast little Youtube, to help you make up your mind:

Nature's Perfect Predators - Grizzly Bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=etGkgCRSFC0&NR=1

wow
those things move pretty darn fast to be so Big.

lewdog
06-09-2012, 05:30 PM
You Midwestern folk have obviously never seen a Grizzly in your entire life. Bears win easily.

ThaVirus
06-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I've had a raging debate with a douchebag friend about a grizzly vs a silverback gorilla. He just wont admit that the grizzly is the fiercest land predator.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
wow
those things move pretty darn fast to be so Big.

Yeah, something that big that can run 35 MPH, that just isn't right. Why do you think I pack a Smith & Wesson .500, when I'm up in the mountains. Killing one of those things, is like trying to bring down a tank, with teeth.

http://www.shootingusa.com/sw12L.jpg

A shot of it at night:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRujCE0H_SeO_c_gWiRgevA_wwoea1Yx6tox2gWOTkeFk6svCTMAcNEOpe7

BoneKrusher
06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Bwana;8669684]Yeah, something that big that can run 35 MPH, that just isn't right. Why do you think I pack a Smith & Wesson .500, when I'm up in the mountains. Killing one of those things, is like trying to bring down a tank, with teeth.

A shot of it at night:

[quote/]

i hear ya man.

i have a friend at The Gridiron Palace who lives in Montana and he posted pics, it's beautiful there

jspchief
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Considering a grizzly isn't even an easy kill with a gun, I don't expect sticks and rocks are gonna help the marines much.

I'd take 1 bear over 20 marines.

DaFace
06-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, something that big that can run 35 MPH, that just isn't right. Why do you think I pack a Smith & Wesson .500, when I'm up in the mountains. Killing one of those things, is like trying to bring down a tank, with teeth.

http://www.shootingusa.com/sw12L.jpg

A shot of it at night:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRujCE0H_SeO_c_gWiRgevA_wwoea1Yx6tox2gWOTkeFk6svCTMAcNEOpe7

I think the Marines' best chance is to run. Up a tree. Quickly.

allen_kcCard
06-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, in that situation I don't know how many marines it would take to take down even 1 grizzly. The only chance they would have would be to try to dogpile it enough to get so many bodies on it that it could be held still for someone to try to kill it incapacitated. And even then, a belt choking a bear would be a feat I would think. With all that hide and all that muscle it would take a lot to keep that things windpipe closed. And even with unlimited numbers of marines, that bear would leave quite a body count.

I would say it could be comparable to how many 1st graders would it take to take down one marine if the marine had leather armor, claws, and huge fangs, while the 1st graders were somehow intellectually superior.

whoman69
06-09-2012, 05:51 PM
why did I even open this up?

DaFace
06-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, in that situation I don't know how many marines it would take to take down even 1 grizzly. The only chance they would have would be to try to dogpile it enough to get so many bodies on it that it could be held still for someone to try to kill it incapacitated. And even then, a belt choking a bear would be a feat I would think. With all that hide and all that muscle it would take a lot to keep that things windpipe closed. And even with unlimited numbers of marines, that bear would leave quite a body count.

I would say it could be comparable to how many 1st graders would it take to take down one marine if the marine had leather armor, claws, and huge fangs, while the 1st graders were somehow intellectually superior.

Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe one of them is wearing a belt that is really a ratcheting tie down strap. :)

Bwana
06-09-2012, 05:58 PM

LMAO

I think you're right.

DaFace
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
This thread reminds me of this idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Man

stonedstooge
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Native Americans were able to kill some of them with primative weapons

stevieray
06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
da bears

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
This thread reminds me of this idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_Man

Treadwell was lucky he lasted as long as he did and yes, he was a complete idiot.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:04 PM

And the other way around as well. Many indian's, became bear stool.

Johnny Vegas
06-09-2012, 06:05 PM
just have it chase something down a narrow path with a big ass hole 15 feet deep with spears pointing up at the bottom. The bear will fall to its death. 8 marines can dig a 15 foot deep hole in an hour.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
just have it chase something down a narrow path with a big ass hole 15 feet deep with spears pointing up at the bottom. The bear will fall to its death. 8 marines can dig a 15 foot deep hole in an hour.

Did you ever see this movie? I love me some Edge.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6AIoLk3Zhg4/Tqn5igvNlmI/AAAAAAAAAH0/BqPd7izzVCA/s1600/the-edge-cover-3.jpg

Aries Walker
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
One of the men in the Lewis and Clark expedition had the dubious distinction of being the first European to be attacked by a Grizzly. The bear slashed his chest with its claws, he broke his musket over the bear's head, and shimmied up a tree. The bear sat there, looking at him, for something like eight hours, until it wandered off at sunset. No one else knew where he was until he came wandering back in to camp, bloody and with a broken gun.

Well, yeah. Early hunters were able to take down mammoths with primitive weapons. But these Marines would have nothing - just fists and teeth - and humans really are amazingly unprepared biophysically for that sort of thing.

Aries Walker
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I love this movie. Maybe Bart the Bear's best work.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-09-2012, 06:10 PM
17 people hate America so far.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I love this movie. Maybe Bart the Bear's best work.

Yeah, Bart is one cool bear. I rate The Edge, in my top 10, I just love it.

http://timkanebooks.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/large_the_edge_blu-ray4.jpg

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
17 people hate America so far.

Well you can either look at it like that, or we have ONE dumbass, and 17 realists.

stonedstooge
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I remember having nightmares after seeing the old movie "Night of the Grizzly" when I was a kid. The scene in "The Edge" when he grabbed the black dude brought some of those nightmares back.

Johnny Vegas
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM

I might have. I don't recall the name. I thought it would be a strategy the Natives would use similar to send bison running off a cliff. :D

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I might have. I don't recall the name. I thought it would be a strategy the Natives would use similar to send bison running off a cliff. :D

Ha! Well if you haven't seen the movie, you have to check it out, it's a 10 in the adventure department.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:16 PM
I remember having nightmares after seeing the old movie "Night of the Grizzly" when I was a kid. The scene in "The Edge" when he grabbed the black dude brought some of those nightmares back.

Yeah, Night of the Grizzly, messes with a guy.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Well you can either look at it like that, or we have ONE dumbass, and 17 realists.

I was just trying to be edgy and controversial. I voted bear.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I was just trying to be edgy and controversial. I voted bear.

Oh, you were not "THE ONE." I had to go check the vote. That wasn't a dig against you bud.

Gadzooks
06-09-2012, 06:35 PM
There are too many variables missing to make an accurate assessment.
- What is the size of the battleground?
- What are the variables of the battleground? (i.e. trees, boulders, hills, etc...)
- How far apart are the combatants when they start the battle?
- Do the marines, (or bears), have any prep time?
- Are the marines wearing their standard uniform?
All of these factors were stated in Rainman's CP Gladiator thread last year and would be highly significant in deciding the victor of this particular battle.

BTW - I'd wager most on this board would likely be killed by a rabid raccoon if you ever came across one, let alone a grizzly.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
- What are the variables of the batlleground? (i.e. trees, boulders, hills, etc...)
Are of these factors were stated in Rainman's CP Gladiator thread and would be highly significant in decisding the victor.
- What are the variables of the battleground? (i.e. trees, boulders, hills, etc...)
All of these factors were stated in Rainman's CP Gladiator thread last year and would be highly significant in deciding the victor of this particular battle.

BTW - I'd wager most on this board would likely be killed by a rabid raccoon if you ever came across one, let alone a grizzly.

LMAO

Short answer, bears win.

Gadzooks
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM
LMAO

Short answer, bears win.

Shouldn't have had that last beer. Right now I'd be fucked with or without the 8 Marines.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Shouldn't have had that last beer. Right now I'd be ****ed with or without the 8 Marines.

LMAO

Aww, one of those nights.

Rain Man
06-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Add another 30 marines and perhaps it would be a little more even.

Rain Man
06-09-2012, 06:52 PM
yes this is allowed. they can use whatever items they have on them which includes their shirts, tags, pants, belts, socks, boots and underwear, and/glasses

Their best bet is that the bears will choke will while eating the entrails of the first seven marines.

Gadzooks
06-09-2012, 06:54 PM
LMAO

Aww, one of those nights.

I'm afraid it happens to the best of us. Even me...

SAUTO
06-09-2012, 06:54 PM
The marines would have to hope they could climb something and that the bears would fight each other and one would die while the other would be gravely injured.

Only way they would have any chance...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm afraid it happens to the best of us. Even me...

Indeed, been there.

Gadzooks
06-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I have quite a bit of experience with Black Bears and know the procedures to avoid a confrontation, (which totally go against human intuition BTW).
I wonder if Grizzlies are any different. Obviously, with a pissed off bear there's no chance, but with a lucid one there may be.
I think the fact that there are 8 Marines and only 2 of those cuddly bears is what's making me argue towards the humans.
-Oh yeah, and I've had a couple of beers.

-King-
06-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll take the things that weigh a ton combined and kill from birth instead of being trained how to kill.

DeezNutz
06-09-2012, 07:14 PM
After the bears stopped laughing, they'd probably roll.

-King-
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Their best bet is that the bears will choke will while eating the entrails of the first seven marines.

ROFLROFLROFL

Rasputin
06-09-2012, 07:22 PM
da bears

With mini ditka as coach.

Kyle DeLexus
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
The marines would have to hope they could climb something and that the bears would fight each other and one would die while the other would be gravely injured.

Only way they would have any chance...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is what I'm expecting to happen. I'm voting Marines.

listopencil
06-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Bears. Not even close.

Rasputin
06-09-2012, 08:15 PM
What if one of the marines was Chuck Norris?

R8RFAN
06-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't have to outrun the bear, I only have to outrun you.

Aries Walker
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM

All but the prep time and specific starting distance have been answered. Do those two things matter?

Perhaps this contest wouldn't be so lopsided if the Marines were given, say, Ka-bars.

Easy 6
06-09-2012, 08:43 PM
CHOKE THAT SUMBITCH!

Reaper16
06-09-2012, 08:44 PM
The Marines don't even stand a 1% mathematical chance against two grizzly bears.

Kyle DeLexus
06-09-2012, 08:56 PM
The Marines don't even stand a 1% mathematical chance against two grizzly bears.

Do you mind showing your work?

Reaper16
06-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Do you mind showing your work?

I copied off of somebody else's paper.

rockymtnchief
06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow...4 votes for the Marines? I support our servicemen and women, but they don't stand a chance.

I met a guy from Alaska that was mauled by a "medium sized bear". He told me that he was, literally, shook like a rag doll in a dogs mouth. He was shaken so hard that he couldn't even reach his waist for his revolver.

I've seen 10 cowboys try and slow down a bull to get a rider out of his rope. They slowed him down, but never stopped him. That bull didn't have claws and was a strict vegetarian.

Kyle DeLexus
06-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow...4 votes for the Marines? I support our servicemen and women, but they don't stand a chance.

I met a guy from Alaska that was mauled by a "medium sized bear". He told me that he was, literally, shook like a rag doll in a dogs mouth. He was shaken so hard that he couldn't even reach his waist for his revolver.

I've seen 10 cowboys try and slow down a bull to get a rider out of his rope. They slowed him down, but never stopped him. That bull didn't have claws and was a strict vegetarian.

My vote was for Marines. No where in the OP did it state they were full sized grizzlies so I assumed they were just cubs.

rockymtnchief
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
My vote was for Marines. No where in the OP did it state they were full sized grizzlies so I assumed they were just cubs.

ROFL Good point!

However, the local Game Warden trapped 2 cubs here weighing around 60 pounds each. The one was cute and cuddly. The other was mean as hell. I didn't want to tangle with the little bastard.

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 09:41 PM
4 Jarheads have voted so far.
If you would have said 20 marines maybe it would have been a tougher choice..even then.....

demonhero
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Capitalize the M in Marines k.

and to answer the question/poll ... it would be the (8) Marines.

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 09:44 PM

You're fucking Retarded. With a capital R.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 09:46 PM

marines

marines

mARINES

m

m

LOWER CASE m

umad?

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 09:46 PM
This in no way implies that Marines are not bad asses. They are. But this is a no brainer. You just have no brain.

Kyle DeLexus
06-09-2012, 09:47 PM
This in no way implies that Marines are not bad asses. They are. But this is a no brainer. You just have no brain.

I think 8 Marines could take down 2 grizzly cubs. The cubs would put up a modest fight, but the Marines would prevail.

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I think 8 Marines could take down 2 grizzly cubs. The cubs would put up a modest fight, but the Marines would prevail.

Agreed 100%.
8 Marines wouldn't last 80 seconds against two full grown grizzly bears. I can't believe someone would actually even entertain the thought that they might.

demonhero
06-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Indeed.. I'm mad lol.

I picked my Marines with the believe that the bears wouldn't coordinate an attack together as a team, and that you mentioned the battlefield environment was usable. Bear see fire... bear no see camouflaged Marines.. bear 1 gets ambushed.... bear 1's bones become weapons... bear 2 gets raped.

demonhero
06-09-2012, 10:00 PM
You're ****ing Retarded. With a capital R.

Fuck you asshole... Have you served.. and if yes which branch.

Shogun
06-09-2012, 10:02 PM
dude. the bears would destroy the marines.

demonhero
06-09-2012, 10:03 PM

We do dig a shitload of foxholes..... a coordinated attack would be lure and bait each bear into a hole. I say have 4 Marines take turns running bat shit for a while while the other 4 Marines dig holes.

Bwana
06-09-2012, 10:06 PM
We do dig a shitload of foxholes..... a coordinated attack would be lure and bait each bear into a hole. I say have 4 Marines take turns running bat shit for a while while the other 4 Marines dig holes.

Watch this and get back to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GkgCRSFC0&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=etGkgCRSFC0&NR=1)

Kyle DeLexus
06-09-2012, 10:12 PM
A polar bear fell on me.

Phobia
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Marines are just people with some training. There's no way bears don't win this one. The only way 50 marines win is if they get their hands on splintered femurs of their fallen brothers and somehow stab a bear to death.

demonhero
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Watch this and get back to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GkgCRSFC0&NR=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=etGkgCRSFC0&NR=1)

I watched it... If the scenario was set to where the

environment was only 100 yards with no terrain alterations(making camo useless) and the bears see the Marines as a threat then Marines are bear meat.

Cheater5
06-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Do people think every Marine has Macgruber-like Ninja skills? The baddest ass Marines would probably tell you to go f*ck yourselves if you offered them this challenge.

You ain't "choking out" a Grizzly bear with a belt. Some people watch too many movies...

Phobia
06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Do people think every Marine has Macgruber-like Ninja skills? The baddest ass Marines would probably tell you to go f*ck yourselves if you offered them this challenge.

You ain't "choking out" a Grizzly bear with a belt. Some people watch too many movies...

I would decline even if it were Batman's belt because the *BLAM* *POW* *CRUNCH* you see would be my bones.

Phobia
06-09-2012, 11:44 PM

I was getting ready to argue with you on this point because it wasn't capitalized in my day unless you were using it as a proper noun. Apparently the AP and NY Times have changed their minds on this in recent years and they capitalize it no matter what. So, I'm glad I research before I stick my foot in my mouth. I think I will pat myself on the back.

Bump
06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
in a weaponless fight, the only thing that can kill a bear is a bigger bear. Unless a bear wanders into Africa.

JoeyChuckles
06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I am voting for the Marines, and I think they would use the Kill Bill technique.

First, a group would go after the most surly bear and snatch it's eyeballs out, rendering it helpless to put up much of an attack.

Hopefully one of the Marines would know the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique and apply it thusly to the second bear. In the meantime, they could finish off the first bear with no eyes. They may incur a few injuries at this point, but probably not get killed.

Marines two, bears zero.

Kyle DeLexus
06-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Depends on who the judges are. If Bradley beat Manny. A group of Marines can beat a couple grizzlies.

Phobia
06-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Depends on who the judges are.

The judges are oxygen and decomposition.

ThaVirus
06-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Indeed.. I'm mad lol.

I picked my Marines with the believe that the bears wouldn't coordinate an attack together as a team, and that you mentioned the battlefield environment was usable. Bear see fire... bear no see camouflaged Marines.. bear 1 gets ambushed.... bear 1's bones become weapons... bear 2 gets raped.

Yep........ you're still a fucking retard.

Phobia
06-10-2012, 02:11 AM
We do dig a shitload of foxholes....

Wait a minute. The new Corps is allowed to call them "foxholes"? The army sits in fox holes. In my Marine Corps they're called Fighting Holes. No wonder 8 Marines can't take a couple of bears. They're all a bunch of pussies these days. "Foxholes" --- pshhhh

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-10-2012, 04:30 AM
If Cutlers the Quarterback I'm taking the marines.

Coyote
06-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Wait a minute. The new Corps is allowed to call them "foxholes"? The army sits in fox holes. In my Marine Corps they're called Fighting Holes. No wonder 8 Marines can't take a couple of bears. They're all a bunch of pussies these days. "Foxholes" --- pshhhh

http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/fmtbn-e/Pages/Student_Materials/FMST%20Manual/Block%205/construct.doc

Still fighting positions. False comparisons though, as there is no such thing as an unarmed marine otherwise the 8 people would be in the peace corps. And since they were listed as marines, 1/3 of them would be in aviation so they have close air as that is how we fight. Fight smart. Time and place of our choosing-hibernating bears at 3 in the morning with thermobarics........

http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/fmtbn-e/Pages/Student_Materials/FMST%20Manual/Block%205/construct.doc

demonhero
06-10-2012, 06:21 AM

:banghead: I failed.

dam Mothers of America

demonhero
06-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Need clarification...

Are the Marines enlisted, commissioned, or mustangs. Finally, are they Florida aviation Marines POGS or Cali Grunts?

Aries Walker
06-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Okay, we all know you are a Marine. You can stop reminding us now.

In all fairness, eight Marines stranded in the Pacific Northwest, being stalked by two Grizzlies, would have a pretty good chance of surviving, even if they had no tools. They could fashion spears, use the terrain to their advantage, set up ambushers or deadfalls, or do any number of other things to improve their odds dramatically. This is humanity's great advantage over animals in the first place: we can think.

But that's not this question. This one is a walled football field, with eight unarmed US Marines on one side, and two angry Grizzly bears on the other. With no tools, weapons, or time, all of the humans' advantages have been stripped and they - despite being in peak physical shape, with extensive training, and among the biggest badasses in the history of the world - have no measurable chance of winning.

SAUTO
06-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I am voting for the Marines, and I think they would use the Kill Bill technique.

First, a group would go after the most surly bear and snatch it's eyeballs out, rendering it helpless to put up much of an attack.

Hopefully one of the Marines would know the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique and apply it thusly to the second bear. In the meantime, they could finish off the first bear with no eyes. They may incur a few injuries at this point, but probably not get killed.

Marines two, bears zero.
So you watched that last night huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
06-10-2012, 08:33 AM
You guy have never partied with marines before they mess stuff up for fun...

Aries Walker
06-10-2012, 10:12 AM
On the other hand, I'm guessing you've never partied with Grizzly bears.

bevischief
06-10-2012, 10:17 AM
On the other hand, I'm guessing you've never partied with Grizzly bears.

Not as much fun as marines. Bears sleep a lot.

Aries Walker
06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Point taken.

Shogun
06-10-2012, 12:29 PM
lol jesus christ, how many marines will have to die before you realize the bears are killing machines

Pablo
06-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Ten idiots so far.

Bwana
06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Ten idiots so far.

The fact that almost 25% of the people who voted, think 8 unarmed men are going to take out two grizzly bears, gives me cause for concern. :shake:

RNR
06-10-2012, 01:36 PM
The fact that almost 25% of the people who voted, think 8 unarmed men are going to take out two grizzly bears, gives me cause for concern. :shake:

Unless it was 8 unarmed ChiefPlanet members, then the bears would not stand a chance~

Bwana
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Unless it was 8 unarmed ChiefPlanet members, then the bears would not stand a chance~

True enough. All the 8 CP members would have to do, is drop their pants, whip out their 14" Johnson's and the bears would no doubt kick the bucket on the spot, out of fear.

RNR
06-10-2012, 01:46 PM
True enough. All the 8 CP members would have to do, is drop their pants, whip out their 14" Johnson's and the bears would no doubt kick the bucket on the spot, out of fear.

Or throw rocks from 300 yards away. It is very hard to defeat 8 guys who are 6'5" 275 lbs who can throw rocks 300 yards~

Bwana
06-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Or throw rocks from 300 yards away. It is very hard to defeat 8 guys who are 6'5" 275 lbs who can throw rocks 300 yards~

That would work from 300 yards, no doubt. If the giant peckers and rock tossing didn't do the trick, little question a quick twist of the neck, would make short work of the bears as well.

RNR
06-10-2012, 02:33 PM
That would work from 300 yards, no doubt. If the giant peckers and rock tossing didn't do the trick, little question a quick twist of the neck, would make short work of the bears as well.

LMAO you are most likely one of the few who post here that have seen a grizzly, not in a cage~

Easy 6
06-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I've seen just two black bears scatter 50 or more basically unarmed soldiers like roaches when they came barreling into the area... armed with only a leatherman & some blanks, outside of Anchorage, Ak... i found the roof of my machine pronto.

A black bear at the zoo once eyed & stalked me so bad that it stuck with me for several days, was never so glad to have zoo barriers & believe me, i was checking their status.

Bwana
06-10-2012, 03:10 PM
LMAO you are most likely one of the few who post here that have seen a grizzly, not in a cage~

I would guess, you're right. Trust me, they look bigger in person, than they do on TV.