PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rucker going for second opinion on knee

Mr. Laz
06-11-2012, 09:31 AM
OTA Notebook: Rucker undergoing second-opinion, plus big date ahead for Berry, Charles and Moeaki
Posted Jun 7, 2012

Josh Looney
Chiefs Insider
KCChiefs.com
Email @JoshLooney Story Archive

TE Martin Rucker is getting a second-opinion on injured right knee

Tight end Martin Rucker, a St. Joseph native and former University of Missouri standout, hasn’t practiced since injuring his right knee in a goal line drill last Friday. Unfortunately, the prognosis doesn’t look good and Rucker could be facing ACL surgery.

“He’s going to get a second opinion on it and then he’s going to make a decision about what he wants to do, but it doesn’t look good overall.” Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel said following Thursday’s OTA session.

It’s a tough break for Rucker who was offered a contract following a two-day tryout at Kansas City’s rookie minicamp last month. He has been rotating with the reserve tight ends behind Kevin Boss throughout OTAs.

Rucker suffered what appears to be the first serious injury of the Chiefs offseason program. The three-year NFL vet was originally a fourth-round draft pick of Crennel’s in Cleveland.

Kansas City began OTAs with six tight ends on its roster, but only four are healthy with Tony Moeaki continuing to rehabilitate the left knee injury he suffered last preseason.

The Chiefs have taken a cautious approach with their trio of left knee injuries - Moeaki, Eric Berry and Jamaal Charles - throughout OTAs. Each has participated in the offseason program, but stayed away from practice drills.

Berry, Charles and Moeaki have appointments set with doctors for June 18th in order to clear them for training camp.

Bob Dole
06-11-2012, 09:57 AM
JFC. What is it with the Chiefs and knees? Does that stupid bitch Karma not realize Pollard is gone?

aturnis
06-11-2012, 11:12 AM
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-11-2012, 11:25 AM
O'Connell lives!

pr_capone
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
O'Connell lives!

I will cock punch you if you ever say that again.

Micjones
06-11-2012, 11:30 AM
He was in little danger of making the roster anyway.

Shox
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
JFC. What is it with the Chiefs and knees? Does that stupid bitch Karma not realize Pollard is gone?

I don't ever remember the Chiefs having all the knee injuries like this in the past. I was never in favor of them getting rid of the natural grass grass. I will always believe natural grass is safer for the players than turf....even this new turf which is supposed to "give" and prevent blowing knees.

loochy
06-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Whew. When I read the title of this I thought you were talking about Darius. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hear any of those sweet melodies anymore.