PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Most embarrassing sports moment?

MMXcalibur
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
INLINE HOCKEY:
Nothing too bad, I guess. A few stupid blind passes to the slot from behind the net when the defense was shouting "HERE! PASS!". Always end up taking a quick peek now though.

I suppose my MOST embarrassing would be getting in a scrum along the side boards, going forward for a face wash to my opponent, and promptly falling forward into his stomach due to being off balance. Coincidentally, that was my last "big" altercation and nowadays just laugh off anything that happens on the rink.

BOWLING:
When I was 8, I tripped on the step leading up to the approach, flung the ball up in the air, and had it smash my thumb. Insult to injury: I requested a red cast because I liked the Chiefs, and instead got a hot pink one. (Still matches KC's color scheme...)

rico
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
High School Baseball: Failing to touch 2nd base with my foot on an inside the park home run and a triple....both in the same game. I was called out for both blunders.

Little League Baseball: I got kicked out of a game for looking back at an umpire after a called strike 3 and screaming, "f*** you, you blind f***er!!!" 4th graders generally shouldn't act like that...especially when their hard ass father is the coach and was likely to cause a scene if it happened (and he did).

Little League Baseball: This mentally retarded kid hit a triple off of me when I was pitching. It was the only hit he ever had all through little league. People were up and screaming and making a huge deal of it to the point where the other baseball diamond stopped playing so they could watch him run the bases. The kid used to come up to bat, with those wide-framed glasses and just swing aimlessly at every pitch, even if it were 5 feet in the dirt. It just happened that I pitched the ball right where this kid aimlessly swung his bat and he ended up hitting a BOMB. It probably would have been an inside the park home run if he actually knew what to do after hitting the ball. He had people/coaches pointing and directing him where to go on the base paths.

High School baseball: I got hit in the head while I was up to bat and instead of taking the base like I should have, I proceeded to approach the pitcher on the mound, which ignited the benches to clear. I knew the guy who was pitching....he didn't mean to do it and I should have known that.... I was just so edgy and tense while batting in baseball.

Wrestling. I gave up a 10-0 lead and 14-2 lead going into the 3rd period in the same day...against the same kid. First time in quarterfinals, 2nd time in 3rd and 4th place match. I was absolutely gassed and that kid just didn't run out of energy....I think he was a cross country star. I used to become so nervous before wrestling matches that I'd feel physically sick or exhausted before I even stepped foot on the match. I hated losing to the point where I was straight up scared of it.

Thig Lyfe
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
All of them.

BoneKrusher
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Cassel fumbling his hat on National TV was pretty embarrassing.

Donger
06-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Hitting the softball at school recess and running out to the pitcher's mound instead of first base.

Rain Man
06-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Take every story everyone tells in this thread, compile them into a book, and you have completed my sports biography.

Buehler445
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Airballed a freethrow.

mlyonsd
06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Take every story everyone tells in this thread, compile them into a book, and you have completed my sports biography.I'm guessing you'd be short one, not everyone can get tackled by a chihuauhua while jogging.

Discuss Thrower
06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
First and only start in soccer. Dude trailing me tripped and fell right on top of me, knocking me over. I slid forward though he stayed laying on my lower half. As I got up my shorts were at my knees and I had to run and pull them up.

Bugeater
06-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Every time I played.

Bugeater
06-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Hitting the softball at school recess and running out to the pitcher's mound instead of first base.
ROFL

rico
06-11-2012, 04:45 PM
This girl beat me in tethreball at recess one time.... I was embarrassed almost to the point of tears when that happened.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Little league. We were down one with one out to go in the Sabetha tournament. Runner at first and me at the plate. I hit a sharp grounder right at the second baseman. I thought it was all over... until he flinched and it went right through his legs. Relief washed over me. Our parents went nuts in the stands. The guy on first rounded second and as I was reaching first the right fielder... well he flinched and the ball went right through his legs and all the way to the fence. The crowd noise doubled. The runner ahead of my rounded third and took it home with the tying score. I rounded second and dug for third. I pulled into third standing up as the ball made it's way back into the infield. A few pitches later I scored the winning run when the catcher over threw the pitcher getting the ball back to him. Ballgame. Bedlam ensued. Joy and rapture. I got a couple votes for tourney MVP from my team mates.

Or did you mean most embarrassing moment for me? I thought the 2nd baseman, right fielder and catcher all covered that pretty well.

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-11-2012, 04:49 PM

I can see you still doing this today. No offense.

rico
06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
This wasn't embarrassing, but just pretty much...sucked.

In P.E. class as a 6th grader, we were split up into teams of 5 to play basketball. I was the only person on my team who really tried (one of the few in the class who tried altogether I think). I had the basketball and thought about shooting it, but was being covered by the 1 person on the other team who was trying, so I passed it to this girl who was just standing there with her hands down and not really even looking at what was going on. I threw the ball really hard and it hit her right in the nose. Her nose immediately started gushing with blood. I noticed that she was bleeding, but was too pre-occupied by the game to stop what I was doing and see if she was alright. It turned out that her nose was horribly broken. It required multiple surgeries over the next few years. The worst thing about it was what her nose looked like in the years that followed. It looked deformed. She went from being one of the prettiest girls in the class to very average looking, mostly because I passed her the ball when she wasn't even paying attention. And to go on top of it all, she was one of the nicest girls in the grade. I became real good friends with her in high school. However, every time I spoke to her, I couldn't refrain from being distracted by how odd her nose had become and that she was essentially a "butternose" because of me. It made me sick to my stomach feeling responsible for that.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Golden sombrero in baseball.

Rain Man
06-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Football - grad school intramural league. Dropped a full half of the passes thrown to me over the season. Totally forgot how to catch. And it was a coed flag league. I've also broken the same finger twice trying to catch footballs, so I must've completely lost that skill set.

Basketball - Played pickup ball in my late 30s and 40s at a gym off and on. At one point a really good player was having his way with my team, and at one point he casually smacked the ball out of my hand. We wrestled over it on the floor and of course he came up with it, jumped up, and headed toward the basket, and it made me so mad that he did it so easily that I just grabbed his ankle and tackled him. Pretty unsportsmanlike, I guess.

Baseball - Every single f*****g moment of little league at age 8. I didn't ask to sign up, I didn't really want to sign up, and I barely knew the rules against a bunch of kids who lived and breathed baseball. I played one inning in right field and otherwise sat on the bench other than the occasional strikeout.

Softball - See 'baseball', but change the age to 10.

Soccer - I played a couple of times in recreational leagues. People who take recreational soccer leagues seriously make me laugh. I didn't have any overtly embarrassing moments because I would just run and kick the ball as hard as I could whenever I could get to it.

Hockey - I've never played hockey.

Dodgeball - Y'know, I'm actually really good at dodgeball.

Golf - I've only played a couple of times. While the potential for embarrassment teeing off at the first hole is profoundly colossal, I've always managed to make some type of contact.

Volleyball - When I first started working in consulting, the small company I was at did a company picnic one year. Looking back, it was more embarrassing for the other person than for me, but I was standing around watching volleyball and someone hit the ball way out of bounds toward me. I reached up and caught it, and got chewed out by some ultra-competitive woman who said she was about to save it. No way was this woman going to get to it, but she announced that I had interfered. At the time, I'd only worked there a few weeks and didn't know the culture, and was embarrassed to get scolded in front of everyone for catching an errant volleyball.

Tennis - I played at a tennis club, and at one point was warming up when someone hit a screamer right at my feet while I was talking to someone. I whipped the racquet down to get it, and the followthrough circled back up and broke my nose.

Running - I finished in the bottom 1 percent of the Pike's Peak Ascent last year, but if you want to laugh I'll race you on that course. It's hard.

rico
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
In softball a couple years ago, I accidentally plowed over this skinny, frail catcher with Osteoporosis at the plate. I was on 2nd base and one of my teammates hit the ball to the outfield. I rounded 3rd and ran towards home. I looked around my shoulder to see where the ball was and before I could locate the ball, I felt my shoulder ram into something, which ended up being this guy. After knocking him over, I failed to control my momentum and I ended up running over him with my spikes. After touching home plate, I immediately turned around saying, "sorry man! I didn't see you there!" only to notice that this skinny guy was laying on the ground grasping various parts of his body and moaning (possibly crying). I totally laid this skinny dude out and the opposing dugout was pissed. They all walked out of the dugout yelling various obscenities at me. I just rolled my eyes at them and told them to chill out because I didn't mean to do it, but then one of their teammates said something that caught my attention. They were like, "he's got Osteoporosis, we may need to take him to the hospital." Although my initial thought was, "if he has Osteoporosis, what is he doing playing softball?" I felt awful anyways. I don't think there's ever been a day where I've been called an asshole more than I was that day...and I didn't even mean to freaking do it.

rico
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Football - grad school intramural league. Dropped a full half of the passes thrown to me over the season. Totally forgot how to catch. And it was a coed flag league. I've also broken the same finger twice trying to catch footballs, so I must've completely lost that skill set.

Basketball - Played pickup ball in my late 30s and 40s at a gym off and on. At one point a really good player was having his way with my team, and at one point he casually smacked the ball out of my hand. We wrestled over it on the floor and of course he came up with it, jumped up, and headed toward the basket, and it made me so mad that he did it so easily that I just grabbed his ankle and tackled him. Pretty unsportsmanlike, I guess.
Baseball - Every single f*****g moment of little league at age 8. I didn't ask to sign up, I didn't really want to sign up, and I barely knew the rules against a bunch of kids who lived and breathed baseball. I played one inning in right field and otherwise sat on the bench other than the occasional strikeout.

Softball - See 'baseball', but change the age to 10.

Soccer - I played a couple of times in recreational leagues. People who take recreational soccer leagues seriously make me laugh. I didn't have any overtly embarrassing moments because I would just run and kick the ball as hard as I could whenever I could get to it.

Hockey - I've never played hockey.

Dodgeball - Y'know, I'm actually really good at dodgeball.

Golf - I've only played a couple of times. While the potential for embarrassment teeing off at the first hole is profoundly colossal, I've always managed to make some type of contact.

Volleyball - When I first started working in consulting, the small company I was at did a company picnic one year. Looking back, it was more embarrassing for the other person than for me, but I was standing around watching volleyball and someone hit the ball way out of bounds toward me. I reached up and caught it, and got chewed out by some ultra-competitive woman who said she was about to save it. No way was this woman going to get to it, but she announced that I had interfered. At the time, I didn't know the culture and was embarrassed to get scolded for catching an errant volleyball.

Tennis - I played at a tennis club, and at one point was warming up when someone hit a screamer right at my fight while I was talking to someone. I whipped the racquet down to get it, and the followthrough came up and broke my nose.

Running - I finished in the bottom 1 percent of the Pike's Peak Ascent last year, but if you want to laugh I'll race you on that course. It's hard.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

rico
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Ugh, I don't even want to disclose my embarrassing football moment because it was so unsportsmanlike....especially for a 1st grader.

Rain Man
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that Peyton Manning has osteoporosis.

rico
06-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that Peyton Manning has osteoporosis.

I went to Lollapalooza with a dude that had osteoporosis and the dude was moshing just as much as anyone at the entire festival. I was amazed.

DeezNutz
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Being able to throw a football only 59 yards and being capable of only a 4.5 40 and having the temerity to post on ChiefsPlanet.

It's embarrassing at times.

Bwana
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
This had to be one of them.

http://imgboot.com/images/troll2rocks/jumpsovercatcher.gif

Xanathol
06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Baseball - in my final year, during practice & working flyballs in the outfield / throwing out a runner to 3rd, I was trying to block the sun on a high fly ball and I lost it at the last second - got nailed right above the eye. The 3rd baseman saw the blood fly, so he said. All I could do was laugh.

Football - sophomore year of HS, MLB against our arch rival. Starting RB for the other team was D1 bound to wherever he wanted to go ( pending grades, naturally ). I drop back on a probable pass, the line parts - its a draw play. Dude comes running right at me and I unload, leaving me feet; was sure I knocked him out the game... I managed to lift him into the air and literally knock the snot out of him, but he manged to keep his feet and as I slid down, he then proceeded to walk right over me. Never left my feet again.

Bwana
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
http://imgboot.com/images/troll2rocks/runf.gif

Kyle DeLexus
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
In high school football I was the starting LT and was the backup for every other spot on the line since our only decent backup could only remember the plays for the LT spot. When our RT went down I had to switch over, it was my first time playing RT in a game and I lined up in the neutral zone three plays in a row. I swear to this day I was onside and the ref was making shit up (I was behind our RG so I don't see how it was possible). I finally ended up just moving way back so there was no way I could get called.