PDA

View Full Version : Money Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon mistake

Fat Elvis
06-12-2012, 08:36 AM
This might belong in the media center, but I thought I would ask this out here....

I have an old vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon that I got when I was a kid that happens to be Side 2 (maybe side 1, can't remember off the top of my head) on both sides. Does anyone know if such a mispressing be worth any money?

Thanks

Fat E

DMAC
06-12-2012, 08:39 AM
This might belong in the media center, but I thought I would ask this out here....

I have an old vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon that I got when I was a kid that happens to be Side 2 (maybe side 1, can't remember off the top of my head) on both sides. Does anyone know if such a mispressing be worth any money?

Thanks

Fat E

Does it still have the extra foldout poster tucked in there?

CosmicPal
06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I remember getting an album that had that happen too. I returned it back to the record store.

I would imagine that since it's a rare commodity, that it should be worth something.

The famous upside down stamp is worth something. Why not an iconic album that sold millions upon millions of records and yet, you have the one that is the same set of songs on both sides. I bet it's worth a very good penny.

Rausch
06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Answer
Hi Pinky,
So many vinyl copies were pressed, its not that unusual to see. Your's however is not a misprint. During the making of records small pieces of paper were placed over the vinyl and pressed on so it could of been easy for them to get mixed up. Misprinted copies would mean the vinyl would have dark side on one side and something totally different from another artist's album on the other side... those are worth a few more bucks.

I really don't like putting an estimate on these type of things because the value can be determined by several factors. eBay is the best way to determine the going rate of want a collector would pay and for selling if you decide to.

Best Doc
www.floydpodcast.com

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 08:42 AM
sports card misprints used to carry a high price, probably does the same here.

gblowfish
06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Don't play it backwards...the planet may implode!!!

ChiefRocka
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
You're watching too much pawn shop.