PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Walter Football: Chiefs will win the AFCW

Direckshun
06-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Not sure I agree with it.

But damn good analysis.

Click through the link to see how he rates each of the team's positional groupings.

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2012kc.php

Kansas City Chiefs (Last Year: 7-9)

2012 NFL Season Preview:

Veteran Additions:
QB Brady Quinn, RB Peyton Hillis, TE Kevin Boss, OT Eric Winston, DE/DT Ropati Pitoitua, CB Stanford Routt.
Early Draft Picks:
NT Dontari Poe, G Jeff Allen, OT Donald Stephenson, WR Devon Wylie, CB/S DeQuan Menzie, RB Cyrus Gray.
Offseason Losses:
QB Kyle Orton, RB Jackie Battle, FB Le'Ron McClain, TE Leonard Pope, OT Barry Richardson, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Wallace Gilberry, NT Kelly Gregg, CB Brandon Carr, S Jon McGraw.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs Offense:

If only Kansas City had a talented quarterback. The Chiefs arguably have the best roster in the NFL if the signal-caller position is excluded. Unfortunately for them, Matt Cassel happens to have the greatest impact of any Kansas City player.

Despite his severe physical limitations, Cassel was missed in 2011. He was banged up and ineffective early on, and then suffered another injury, forcing him to miss the final seven games of the season. Tyler Palko was dreadful in immediate relief, and it wasn't until Kyle Orton took over that the Chiefs had some semblance of stability at quarterback.

Cassel is fully healthy again, which means more mediocrity at best. In his final two games of the 2010 campaign, including the playoff contest, Cassel was a combined 20-of-48 for 185 yards, no touchdowns and five interceptions. That's a completion percentage of 41.7 and a YPA of 3.9. Cassel has proven that he's good enough to lead a team to the playoffs, but he's not nearly talented enough to win postseason contests.

There won't be any excuses for Cassel because he's surrounded by a terrific supporting cast. Also returning from injury is Jamaal Charles, one of the most explosive running backs in the NFL. Charles can't handle a full workload, but he's capable of going the distance every time he touches the ball. The problem is that he's coming off a torn ACL, so there's no telling how effective he'll be in his first season back. With that in mind, the Chiefs signed Special Agent Peyton Hillis as insurance. Hillis never lived up to being on the Madden cover, but he's a powerful runner who should be able to serve as a solid complement to Charles.

Tight end Tony Moeaki is also coming off a torn ACL. Tight ends don't have as tough of a transition returning from that malady, so he'll once again serve as a quality intermediate target along with Kevin Boss, who was brought in for his blocking prowess. Of course, Cassel's No. 1 option is Dwayne Bowe, who is holding out because he doesn't want to play for $9.15 million this year. Jonathan Baldwin, last year's first-round pick, is fully taking advantage of Bowe's absence. He's getting all of the first-team reps and has reportedly worked out diligently this offseason. Bowe's holdout could be a blessing in disguise, as Baldwin's extra workcould mean that Cassel will have two No. 1-caliber wideouts at his disposal.

Cassel will have all the time he'll need to locate Bowe and Baldwin downfield. The offensive line, which surrendered 34 sacks (10th fewest in the NFL) received a boost when the front office signed right tackle Eric Winston. The former Texan will offer a huge upgrade over Barry Richardson, who was responsible for eight of those sacks. Winston will play across from left tackle Branden Albert, who struggled with penalties (10) but permitted an average amount of sacks (5).

The other new addition to the starting group is second-year center Rodney Hudson, who will step in for the departed Casey Wiegmann. Those are big shoes to fill, but Hudson played well in relief in his only start against Pittsburgh last season. Flanking Hudson are guards Jon Asamoah and Ryan Lilja. They played well in 2011, surrendering two sacks each.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs Defense:

The undefeated Packers confidently marched into Arrowhead, but walked away with their first loss of the season. Romeo Crennel did a masterful job of shutting down Aaron Rodgers and all of his weapons. Two weeks later, Crennel similarly put the clamps on a red-hot Tim Tebow.

The Chiefs have one of the top defenses in the NFL. It all starts with the pass rush; Kansas City notched only 29 sacks in 2011, which tied for the third fewest in the NFL. However, that number is misleading because 16 of the Chiefs' sacks came in the final five weeks of the season, coinciding with the emergence of rookie rush linebacker Justin Houston. The former Georgia Bulldog was a first-round prospect who dropped into the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft because of off-the-field concerns. He proved why he was so highly regarded by registering all six of his sacks between Weeks 13 and 17. Of course, it helped that he played across from Tamba Hali, one of the most feared pass-rushers in the league.

Kansas City's ability to get to the quarterback helped an already-talented secondary comprised of two No. 1 cornerbacks, Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr. The latter signed with Dallas, but the Chiefs signed former Raider Stanford Routt as a replacement. It's a downgrade, but Eric Berry's return will make up for it. The No. 5 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, Berry tore his ACL in Week 1 last year. Even if he's not 100 percent, he'll still be a major upgrade over the ineffective Jon McGraw. Meanwhile, free safety Kendrick Lewis is a quality player who is a bit underrated.

While the Chiefs excelled at getting to the quarterback late in the year, they were only mediocre in stopping the run. That figures to change in the wake of drafting nose tackle Dontari Poe with the No. 11 overall selection in April. Poe is a physical freak - he ran a 4.8 40 at the Combine despite weighing around 345 pounds - but he's raw. Crennel is one of the top defensive minds in football, so Poe couldn't be in a better situation.

If Poe lives up to his potential - or anywhere close to it - he may be able to help the two bust five-techniques improve. Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson were both top-five selections in their respective NFL Drafts, but neither has lived up to his billing. Both Dorsey and Jackson played very well versus the run last year, but neither could apply pressure on the quarterback. Jackson is owed $14.72 million in 2013, so this could be his last chance.

The two inside linebackers have to be thrilled that Scott Pioli used such a high selection on a monstrous nose tackle because it'll make their lives easier. Everyone knows who Derrick Johnson is, and rightfully so; he was one of the top players at his position last year. Jovan Belcher, meanwhile, is very underrated, as proven when ESPN ignorantly predicted that the Chiefs would select Luke Kuechly in the 2012 NFL Draft. Belcher is a young, improving player who is a force in run support.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule and Intangibles:

The Chiefs brought back the Arrowhead magic that was missing between the 2007 and 2009 seasons. In that span, Kansas City was 4-20 as a host. Since 2010, that record is 10-7, which is very good considering that Tyler Palko quarterbacked some of those contests. The Chiefs knocked off the undefeated Packers at home late in 2011, which was very impressive.

It's a good sign that Romeo Crennel was 2-1 to close out the year. In his three years with the Chiefs, Todd Haley was 3-8 after Dec. 5.

Dexter McCluster scored a touchdown on a punt return in his first game ever (a Monday nighter versus San Diego), but he hasn't found the end zone on special teams ever since. Javier Arenas, meanwhile, has been very effective on punt returns. He averaged 12.8 yards per attempt last year, which is highly impressive for not getting to the end zone.

Kicker Ryan Succop drilled 24-of-30 attempts last year, including a perfect 3-of-3 from 50-plus. However, he was just mediocre from 40-49, going 7-of-12.

Dustin Colquitt punted well in 2011. He maintained a 45.9 average with 27-of-89 tries inside the 20.

The Chiefs have their work cut out for them in terms of their schedule. Their first five opponents are the Falcons, Bills, Saints, Chargers and Ravens, all of whom could very easily quality for the playoffs in 2012 (though San Diego could be in its annual early-season swoon). Things get easier after that, fortunately, with matchups versus Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati (home) and Oakland twice.

2012 Kansas City Chiefs Analysis:

The Chiefs would be a Super Bowl contender if they had a very good quarterback. Matt Cassel isn't very good, but Kansas City is still a playoff-caliber squad with him under center. He's proven that he can lead a team to the postseason, and he should be able to do that in 2012. It's winning in January that will be the problem.

Projection: 10-6 (1st in AFC West)

Pasta Little Brioni
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Urc Burry
06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
It probably kills Walter to say that... he has hated the chiefs for as long as I can remember

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Well, Walter, you've always been a dipshit, so not much is changing I see.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
This guy gets it.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, Walter, you've always been a dipshit, so not much is changing I see.

:spock:

Pasta Little Brioni
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM

He's headed for a vactation after this season and knows it is all.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 03:44 PM

We have the worst QB in the division.

Generally that doesn't result in a 1st place finish.

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-14-2012, 03:46 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/this/grand/66296098_this.gif (http://gifsforum.com/gif/27566)
More this here (http://gifsforum.com/listofgifs/gallery/this)

Cephalic Trauma
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM

Unless you have the supporting cast that we do. Cool moniker, btw.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM
It'd be nice if he explained how the fuck we're going to win the division.

This team isn't beating the Chargers or Broncos if those QBs are healthy.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
He knows Denver was a fraud last year and that Manning may not do shit once he gets hit. I'm more worried about Eggo to be honest.

mcaj22
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
this team can be good but once we get to Week 1 and see the 60 yard first half passing attack from Matt Cassel that we have come to know for the last 3 years, everything will be back to the norm for us Chiefs fans.

FlaChief58
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Sounds about right. Win the west then 1 & done :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 03:54 PM

You are underestimating the rest if the team.

This team as it is can win 10 games every year. They're just not winning in the post season due to the QB.

ModSocks
06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm more worried about Eggo to be honest.

Indeed. It's a team that no one is talking about, they still have a good QB and talented weapons.

People have put SD on the shelf and I don't think that's wise.

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 03:57 PM
It'd be nice if he explained how the **** we're going to win the division.

power run game i assume.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
power run game i assume.

ROFL

This ain't 1997.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Indeed. It's a team that no one is talking about, they still have a good QB and talented weapons.

People have put SD on the shelf and I don't think that's wise.

With a way they've played the past few seasons I'm not surprised no one is talking about them.

FlaChief58
06-14-2012, 04:02 PM
power run game i assume.

That plus both of them will make mistakes if you can get in their heads. Romeo excells at that.

Bambi
06-14-2012, 04:02 PM
McGraw is finally off the team? nice

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:04 PM
You are underestimating the rest if the team.

This team as it is can win 10 games every year. They're just not winning in the post season due to the QB.

Matt Cassel is our QB.

Over the course of his career, he has shown a complete inability to beat playoff teams, and a nearly equal inability to beat winning teams with good quarterbacks. These things were true even in NE.

We play a lot of good teams with good quarterbacks this year.

10 wins may not even be good enough to win the division, and we won't win 10.

ChiefAshhole20
06-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Whatever happened to Defense wins championships?? I feel like teamed with the running game we have, KC can control the clock most of the game, and minimize opportunites Cassel will have to eff things up.

Bambi
06-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Whatever happened to Defense wins championships?? I feel like teamed with the running game we have, KC can control the clock most of the game, and minimize opportunites Cassel will have to eff things up.

lock and load baby.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:07 PM

1986 called, it wants the New York Giants back.

Brock
06-14-2012, 04:08 PM

Too bad it isn't 2001 anymore.

Bambi
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Sounds about right. Win the west then 1 & done :banghead:

Sunday, January 16, 1994

ChiefAshhole20
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM
1986 called, it wants the New York Giants back.

What about the Dilfer-led Ravens? I was expecting that one, but it has probably been brought up around here too many times to be an effective reference I suppose...

BigMeatballDave
Matt Cassel is our QB.

Over the course of his career, he has shown a complete inability to beat playoff teams, and a nearly equal inability to beat winning teams with good quarterbacks. These things were true even in NE.

We play a lot of good teams with good quarterbacks this year.

10 wins may not even be good enough to win the division, and we won't win 10.

You know last season the Chiefs we're only supposed to win 6 or 7 and that was with a full roster. 10 wins. Bank on it.

ChiefAshhole20
Too bad it isn't 2001 anymore.

Thereeeee we go

ModSocks
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Heh. I love how the Denver Article is all doom and gloom.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:28 PM
You know last season the Chiefs we're only supposed to win 6 or 7 and that was with a full roster. 10 wins. Bank on it.

Easier schedule last year.

Three7s
06-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Explain how last year's schedule is easier.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Explain how last year's schedule is easier.

For one thing, we got 5 wins against these quarterbacks:

Caleb Hanie
Donovan McNabb
Curtis Painter
Tim Tebow
Kyle Boller

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM

Caleb Hanie
Donovan McNabb
Curtis Painter
Tim Tebow
Kyle Boller

But the chiefs played with Cassel, Palko, Orton. So it offsets.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
My opinion is the same as this article if we stay healthy. We're good enough to win the division but I don't see us winning a playoff game. Hopefully we do...

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 04:47 PM
ROFL

This ain't 1997.

and Matt Cassel isn't an NFL Starter. ROFL

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:51 PM

What? No it fucking doesn't. Regardless of who your QB is, those are easy fucking wins.

We're not gonna get 5 wins against shithead QBs this coming season.

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
What? No it ****ing doesn't. Regardless of who your QB is, those are easy ****ing wins.

eventho we have one of the biggest shithead QBs of them all?

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
eventho we have one of the biggest shithead QBs of them all?

When you look at Caleb Hanie on your schedule, all you should be saying is "well, we should win that one."

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-14-2012, 04:54 PM
What? No it ****ing doesn't. Regardless of who your QB is, those are easy ****ing wins.

Funny you leave out wins vs Rivers,Rodgers 2 of the best.

Easy 6
06-14-2012, 04:56 PM

FLAWLESS VICTORY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cUPoCNcDASw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whoman69
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
When you look at Caleb Hanie on your schedule, all you should be saying is "well, we should win that one."

If Manning gets knocked out, we get him twice.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Funny you leave out wins vs Rivers,Rodgers 2 of the best.

You suck at debating.

Just because the Chiefs played a couple of good quarterbacks doesn't mean they had a hard schedule.

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 04:58 PM

when Cassel goes back to pass? i wouldnt bet on it.ROFL

SAUTO
06-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Clay is a troll. Nuff said
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
If Manning gets knocked out, we get him twice.

"If the other team's best player gets hurt, maybe we could make the playoffs!"

What a great fucking hope to have.

Hammock Parties
when Cassel goes back to pass? i wouldnt bet on it.ROFL

Well sorry, but it doesn't get any easier than that.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Games at home

1. Ryan
2 River
3.Palmer
4.Manning (if he makes it to then)
5.Flacco
6.Dalton
7.Newton
8.Luck

I see 6-2 at home

Road
1.Palmer
2.Manning
3.Rivers
4.fitzpatrick
5.Brees
6.Big ben
7.Weeden
8.Freeman

I see 4-4

That's 10-6

SAUTO
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
You suck at debating.

Just because the Chiefs played a couple of good quarterbacks doesn't mean they had a hard schedule.
But no way we beat sd or Denver if their qb's are playing this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 05:02 PM
But no way we beat sd or Denver if their qb's are playing this year?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd say we lose 3 of those 4 games.

Barring more miracle fumbled snaps.

SAUTO
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
It'd be nice if he explained how the fuck we're going to win the division.

See clay, you suck at debating.

You say we can't best those teams with those qb's.

We beat a rivers led team last year AND green bay is much better than Denver can hope to be
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
I'd say we lose 3 of those 4 games.

Barring more miracle fumbled snaps.

Moving goalposts?

You already said no way we beat those teams now you have us winning one out of four?

Don't know why I bother with you, out. See ya. Have fun trolling fools
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
See clay, you suck at debating.

You say we can't best those teams with those qb's.

We beat a rivers led team last year AND green bay is much better than Denver can hope to be
Posted via Mobile Device

1. We beat Rivers because of a freak occurrence. Unlikely to happen again.

2. We beat Rodgers, yes. With Orton. Not Cassel.

Orton's gone. That ship has sailed. Cassel isn't beating any good QBs.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Cassel plays D?

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
"If the other team's best player gets hurt, maybe we could make the playoffs!"

What a great fucking hope to have.It's easier than waiting four years so you can stock up on wins against the NFC West.

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 05:07 PM
It's easier than waiting four years so you can stock up on wins against the NFC West.

:clap:

tredadda
06-14-2012, 05:08 PM

Caleb Hanie
Donovan McNabb
Curtis Painter
Tim Tebow
Kyle Boller

This is a very misleading stat. Going into the season we expected to play

Jay Cutler instead we got Hanie due to injury
Donovan McNabb
Peyton Manning instead we got Curtis Painter due to injury
Kyle Orton instead we got Tebow because of fan pressure
Jason Campbell instead we got Boller due to injury.

Who knows who we will face every week as injuries happen.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Cassel plays D?

Cassel's track record is very clear. He fails against good quarterbacks.

Try to fucking understand that, and realize why we aren't winning shit this year.

O.city
06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
We have a 12 win roster, with a 6 win qb.

Guess which is gonna swing the thing one way or another?

If our defense plays like it could and we run the ball well, we could win 10.

Cassel is gonna really have to change some tendencies and reinvent the wheel to be what we need him to be.

IMO, the problem with the guy is mental, which is actually worse than physical. He actually has a pretty strong arm, he just is indecisive. You can't play football that way.

We better hope and pray that the reason he was like that was because Haley or whoever drilled it in his head not to take chances.

tredadda
06-14-2012, 05:25 PM

Try to ****ing understand that, and realize why we aren't winning shit this year.

Yet you have no clue what QBs we will be facing. It is only June, injuries happen. Until the week of each game there is no guarantee on who we will face as last year proved.

O.city
06-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Yet you have no clue what QBs we will be facing. It is only June, injuries happen. Until the week of each game there is no guarantee on who we will face as last year proved.

Hoping opposing teams qb's get hurt isn't really a way I hope to view the season.

Enough with that. Good teams beat good teams.

It's year 4 in this thing. Shit or get off the pot.

tredadda
06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Hoping opposing teams qb's get hurt isn't really a way I hope to view the season.

Not hoping for any QBs to get injured. But this sky is falling we are facing better QBs than last year is misleading. Last year we expected to face some good QBs, but due to injury did not. Same thing could happen this year. Until then we do not know. Is Cassel garbage? Yup, but that does not mean we can't win 10 games.

ChiefsCountry
06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Brady Quinn is going to lead us to the promise land.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545
06-14-2012, 05:34 PM
It probably kills Walter to say that... he has hated the chiefs for as long as I can remember

Exactly. It floors me to see this coming from them.

O.city
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Another positive thing, is that there are usually some decent role players that get cut. This year we can actually pick them up and use them as role players to round out the roster, instead of starters.

SAUTO
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM

My last post to you.

a win is a win. We should have put that game away prior to his fumble.

Our defense is still playing too.

But like I said you are a troll. I would say that I hope you lose whatever is going on and have to leave, but you are a welcher and won't do it anyway...

troll on homie
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545
06-14-2012, 05:44 PM

Try to ****ing understand that, and realize why we aren't winning shit this year.

Wow...If only we were going to have Cassell, Charles, Berry, and Moeaki playing this year rather than Palko, Jones, McGraw, and Pope. We might actually...wait a minute...

Jason was right. You do suck at debate.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Wow...If only we were going to have Cassell, Charles, Berry, and Moeaki playing this year rather than Palko, Jones, McGraw, and Pope. We might actually...wait a minute...

Jason was right. You do suck at debate.

No, YOU suck at debate.

Cassel has always lost to good quarterbacks. It's not exclusive to last season.

He lost to good quarterbacks when he had Charles, Berry and Moeaki playing. He lost to good quarterbacks when he had the fucking greatest offense ever assembled supporting him.

He is going to drag down this entire team.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Last year Cassel lost to fucking Tim Tebow and Matt Moore.

AT HOME.

Three7s
06-14-2012, 05:59 PM
No, YOU suck at debate.

He lost to good quarterbacks when he had Charles, Berry and Moeaki playing. He lost to good quarterbacks when he had the ****ing greatest offense ever assembled supporting him.

Ben Roethlesberger isn't a good QB?

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Jesus, try to understand what I am saying.

Yes, he has beaten a few good QBs.

9 times out of 10, he loses to them.

The guy racks up wins against pieces of shit like Seneca Wallace, JT O'Sullivan, Brodie Croyle, Trent Edwards (x2) and JaMarcus Russell. And that's just from his year in New England.

mikey23545
06-14-2012, 06:06 PM
No, YOU suck at debate.

He lost to good quarterbacks when he had Charles, Berry and Moeaki playing. He lost to good quarterbacks when he had the ****ing greatest offense ever assembled supporting him.

The greatest offense ever assembled...LMAO...Let's stick to his Chief career, shall we?

The Chief's team that had a brokedick at center, a revolving door at RT, only one wide receiver, and a either a raving maniac or a sleepy old man for an offensive coordinator? That great offense?

God, you really suck at this...You should stick to making videos and sucking cocks, which you seem to know more about.

whoman69
06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Brady Quinn is going to lead us to the promise land.
Posted via Mobile Device

Put down the crack pipe.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

Cassel's history says we lose 6 of those games.

Good luck sweeping the rest of the games to finish 10-6.

tredadda
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Jesus, try to understand what I am saying.

Yes, he has beaten a few good QBs.

9 times out of 10, he loses to them.

The guy racks up wins against pieces of shit like Seneca Wallace, JT O'Sullivan, Brodie Croyle, Trent Edwards (x2) and JaMarcus Russell. And that's just from his year in New England.

Post #69 you said he ALWAYS loses to good QBs. Now it is 9 times out of 10. Be consistent. 9 out of 10 does not equate to ALWAYS.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
The Chief's team that had a brokedick at center, a revolving door at RT, only one wide receiver, and a either a raving maniac or a sleepy old man for an offensive coordinator? That great offense?

So Cassel is excused for losing to good quarterbacks entirely, now?

Fuck off.

Like I said, he racked up wins against shitty quarterbacks in New England, too.

He's a paper tiger who is mostly helpless against top notch quarterbacks.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Post #69 you said he ALWAYS loses to good QBs. Now it is 9 times out of 10. Be consistent. 9 out of 10 does not equate to ALWAYS.

100 percent of 90 percent, we're fucked. Makes no difference.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Here comes a Sean Payton post, BTW. Do it.

mikey23545
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM

**** off.

Nobody said they will win because of Cassell, you hopeless moron.

They will win in spite of him. You're the only one that thinks Cassell lines up against all 22 of the opposing team by himself.

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
The greatest offense ever assembled...LMAO...Let's stick to his Chief career, shall we?

The forum has evolved beyond that fucktarded argument. It was solved last offseason. Do try to keep up.

notorious
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Manning isn't getting injured this year. The NFL won't allow Manning to be touched.

OnTheWarpath15
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM

Exactly.

3 years of excuses, zero results.

No more excuses. Win. Playoff. Games.

Messier
06-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning

Cassel's history says we lose 6 of those games.

Good luck sweeping the rest of the games to finish 10-6.

This is a stupid meaningless argument. KCs Defense needs to worry about these QBs not Cassel. I've always hated the way the media does this as well. "It's Brady vs. Brees!" No, it's Brady vs. the Saints defense, and Brees vs the Pats defense.

You brought up Orton beating the Packers last year, actually it was the Chiefs D that beat Rogers last year not Orton. Orton did a nice little job of managing the O, but he didn't win the game. I know you and the other ABCers will vehemently disagree, but Cassel could have done what Orton did for the Chiefs last year. There was one deep (incomplete) pass that Orton made in the Packers game that I thought at the time Cassel can't do that, but other than that he just managed the game

Okie_Apparition
Battle is on Farmer's speed dial if Siler or Copper goes down
for special teams

Hammock Parties
Nobody said they will win because of Cassell, you hopeless moron.

They will win in spite of him. You're the only one that thinks Cassell lines up against all 22 of the opposing team by himself.

The point is that Cassel, no matter the level of talent around him, has a habit of coming up short against good quarterbacks.

Do you have a reason why this trend will change? We are not more talented than the 2008 Pats.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM
You brought up Orton beating the Packers last year, actually it was the Chiefs D that beat Rogers last year not Orton.

Orton threw for 300 fucking yards, something Cassel has done only three times as a Chief.

He had a huge role in that win.

Ace Gunner
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM
"The Chiefs arguably have the best roster in the NFL"

ROFL

aturnis
06-14-2012, 06:29 PM
What about Sean Payton? The world will see how that team operates on cruise control.

Aries Walker
I predict we split with the Chargers, and sweep the kinda awful Raiders. We'll also split with the Broncos; I don't have any faith that Peyton - a 36-year-old with anger management issues and recent neck fusion surgery, playing in a glaring spotlight on a new team, a mile up in the air - will even make it through the season without getting seriously injured, much less be the scoring machine he used to be. (He is to today's Broncos what Montana was to yesterday's Chiefs - a godsend, until the Bills bounced his head off the Astroturf one time too many, after which he just sat on the sidelines behind a 1000-yard stare.)

We'll have a slow start, 4-4 by Halloween, but then a 6-2 second half, finishing 10-6 and winning the division. Then, assuming we still have Cassel, we lose in the divisional round, as usual. So the article seemed pretty right to me . . .

. . . barring another round of season-ending injuries, of course. At least this year we don't playing the thug-life Bengals until Week 11, so if they cheap-shot our quarterback again, at least we got 10 weeks of play out of him first.

Not that I'm bitter.

mikey23545
The forum has evolved beyond that ****tarded argument. It was solved last offseason. Do try to keep up.

Claythan was the one referring to the past seasons, you ****ing moron.

Do try to keep up.

L.A. Chieffan
06-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Cassell is good enough to get us deep in the playoffs. Guys like flacco and hasselbeck aren't any better

aturnis
06-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Orton threw for 300 ****ing yards, something Cassel has done only three times as a Chief.

... and 0 TD's. Fact is, Orton ran time off the clock and kept Rodgers off the field to help our defense shut him down. Our running game can easily do the same.

Messier
Orton threw for 300 ****ing yards, something Cassel has done only three times as a Chief.

You keep equating throwing for a lot of yards as a successful start. Many times when you see a QB throw for a ton of yards they've lost. Grbac threw for 500 yards in a game and the Chiefs lost, Cassel threw 400 yards in a loss too. Orton didn't win that game. The D did.

RealSNR
Claythan was the one referring to the past seasons, you ****ing moron.

Do try to keep up.
Are you related to Frankie by any chance? Your arguing skills are almost as good as his ROFL

Okie_Apparition
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Hasselbeck should Delhome it to the bench

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:37 PM
You keep equating throwing for a lot of yards as a successful start. Many times when you see a QB throw for a ton of yards they've lost. Grbac threw for 500 yards in a game and the Chiefs lost, Cassel threw 400 yards in a loss too. Orton didn't win that game. The D did.

We lose that game with Cassel, guaranteed. He'd have thrown for 200 yards or something shitty, gifting the Pack with just enough chances to go win it.

Messier
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
We lose that game with Cassel, guaranteed. He'd have thrown for 200 yards or something shitty, gifting the Pack with just enough chances to go win it.

Nope.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Nope.

Yes. That is what he does. He shits himself and gives the All Pro QB too many chances.

Messier
06-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't like Cassel, at all, but the Packers d, especially the secondary, was awful that day. Orton was hitting wide open receivers with non existent pass rush.

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes. That is what he does. He shits himself and gives the All Pro QB too many chances.Then says shit like, "We're a team, and we believe that no one guy ever loses games. Our team didn't play its best. We committed too many penalties, had too many miscues, and that will get you beat in this league. We need to play mistake-free football and make the other team beat us"

Messier
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
If anything Cassel is better in the red zone than Orton, and we saw that last year. We'd get inside the 20 and stall.

Easy 6
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM

**** off.

Well nobody is saying Cassel rulez, but you're scribbling with crayons.

He's not going into a cage match against Brees or the Rapist alone, this 100% IS the ultimate team sport... you're blatantly glossing over 1000 factors.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM

He's not going into a cage match against Brees or the Rapist alone, this 100%IS the ultimate team sport... you're blatantly glossing over 1000 factors.

I'm just looking at Cassel's history.

Cassel consistently loses to good quarterbacks for a very simple reason: he gives them too many chances by being shitty and exiting stage left for the punter. You give a good QB too many chances, he is going to fuck you raw.

If you fail to understand this, you are stupid.

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM

He's not going into a cage match against Brees or the Rapist alone, this 100% IS the ultimate team sport... you're blatantly glossing over 1000 factors.Good QBs operate good offenses.

Good offenses score lots of points.

If you're the opposing QB, you need to score even more points than they do in order to win games.

And Cassel is a QB who doesn't score very many points. Period. That's why he can't beat premier QBs. That's why the Chiefs probably won't win a playoff game this year if he's the QB. That's why Scott Pioli should be fired for remaining faithful to that fucking turd.

Gary
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
What about the Dilfer-led Ravens? I was expecting that one, but it has probably been brought up around here too many times to be an effective reference I suppose...

Kanye says "Not that KC doesn't have a good defense and they'll have their moments, but the Ravens had the best defense of all time!"

Passepartout
06-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Hopefully that the Chiefs will really do well in 2012! As hopefully KC will be ready with their defense!

Easy 6
06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Good QBs operate good offenses.

Good offenses score lots of points.

If you're the opposing QB, you need to score even more points than they do in order to win games.

And Cassel is a QB who doesn't score very many points. Period. That's why he can't beat premier QBs. That's why the Chiefs probably won't win a playoff game this year if he's the QB. That's why Scott Pioli should be fired for remaining faithful to that ****ing turd.

Oh, well thank you, i really didnt know that.

My av should tell you which way i'd rather go, but lets not over simplify the game... Cassel on this years team, is good enough to make the playoffs... after that who knows what happens, maybe he gets beat up & we get to see what Stanzi brings.

whoman69
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
If anything Cassel is better in the red zone than Orton, and we saw that last year. We'd get inside the 20 and stall.

Cassel was the master of 3 and out last year. He couldn't get us into the red zone. In 2010 he relied on the run game to get him to the red zone. Saying Cassel is great in the redzone is about as useful as saying Ernie Banks is a clutch world series competitor.

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh, well thank you, i really didnt know that.

My av should tell you which way i'd rather go, but lets not over simplify the game... Cassel on this years team, is good enough to make the playoffs... after that who knows what happens, maybe he gets beat up & we get to see what Stanzi brings.
I'm not trying to chew you out. I'm just trying to point out that Cassel's tendency to lose against great QBs is more than just a coincidence. It's a serious problem that the Chiefs will have to deal with when we play Brees, Manning x2, Rivers x2, Ryan, Roethelisberger, and arguably Cam Newton this year. All of those guys are a hell of a lot tougher to handle than Matt freakin Moore.

Messier
06-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Cassel was the master of 3 and out last year. He couldn't get us into the red zone. In 2010 he relied on the run game to get him to the red zone. Saying Cassel is great in the redzone is about as useful as saying Ernie Banks is a clutch world series competitor.

Where did I say great? He's better than Orton, that's not high praise.

Messier
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm not trying to chew you out. I'm just trying to point out that Cassel's tendency to lose against great QBs is more than just a coincidence. It's a serious problem that the Chiefs will have to deal with when we play Brees, Manning x2, Rivers x2, Ryan, Roethelisberger, and arguably Cam Newton this year. All of those guys are a hell of a lot tougher to handle than Matt freakin Moore.

Well, he's beaten Roethlisberge and Rivers, (I know when we win, it's a fluke, and when we lose, it was Cassel) and I'll bet we beat Manning once this year. I'm not saying look out for Matt Cassel, the opposite really. I agree he'll hold the team back, I'm saying this is a stupid argument. It will be much more up to our D how we do against these QBs.

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, he's beaten Roethlisberge and Rivers, (I know when we win, it's a fluke, and when we lose, it was Cassel) and I'll bet we beat Manning once this year. I'm not saying look out for Matt Cassel, the opposite really. I agree he'll hold the team back, I'm saying this is a stupid argument. It will be much more up to our D how we do against these QBs.
I agree that we'll split 1-1 with both the Donks and Chargers. All I ask is that Cassel crack 200 yards passing in both of those games. If he doesn't and we still win those games, then yes. I think you can call those wins flukes.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I agree that we'll split 1-1 with both the Donks and Chargers. All I ask is that Cassel crack 200 yards passing in both of those games. If he doesn't and we still win those games, then yes. I think you can call those wins flukes.

Its not a fluke if you are racking up 200+ rushing and playing good D.

I know this won't cut it in the post season, most of the time.

This formula works in the regular season, though.

Quesadilla Joe
06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Running the ball all day only works when the other team can't score. If you get down, you have to abandon the run and your passing game never got into a rhythm and you are ****ed

RealSNR
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Running the ball all day only works when the other team can't score. If you get down, you have to abandon the run and your passing never got into a rhythm and you are fuckedWhere were you with this wisdom when Tebow was running the retard offense for the Donks?

Quesadilla Joe
06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Where were you with this wisdom when Tebow was running the retard offense for the Donks?

I was figuring that out as the year progressed LMAO

Learned it the hard way against Detroit, Buf, and NE (2)

BossChief
06-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Cassel needs to be able to manage the game this year and make a few plays.

If he doesn't (and I don't think he will) we will go into early 14+ point holes in the first 6 games by going 3n out a few times early on and the opposing team will gain enough yards to get field position points. Just like last year, but against better teams. Shit, look at how he put us in the hole against teams like Buffalo because he was totally ineffective.

I think this team fucking explodes after the bye week.

BigMeatballDave
06-14-2012, 07:53 PM

It was easier because those teams lost their QBs.

I know you like to devalue JC and Berry, but they are the best players on this team.

tk13
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
You have to have the QB to win the Super Bowl. You can still win divisions and get to the playoffs running the football though. The three teams that led the league in rushing attempts last year all made the playoffs. The Texans, Broncos and Niners. The Chiefs made the playoffs a couple years ago leading the league in rushing attempts. Two years ago the Jets far and away led in rushing attempts and yards and made it to the conference championship. Same with the Ravens the year before them.

The Chiefs are actually the only team in the last 4 years to lead the league in rushing attempts and not win a playoff game that year. And that includes both the Texans and Broncos who tied for most rushing attempts last year.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
It was easier because those teams lost their QBs.

I know you like to devalue JC and Berry, but they are the best players on this team.

Oh, yes.

I remember when Cassel still lost to better quarterbacks despite Berry and Charles.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 08:24 PM
The Chiefs are actually the only team in the last 4 years to lead the league in rushing attempts and not win a playoff game that year.

http://i47.tinypic.com/i6ml38.jpg

TEX
06-14-2012, 10:03 PM
If only Kansas City had a talented quarterback.

Exactly. Which is why they will not do dick.

Messier
06-14-2012, 10:07 PM

That's hilaracist.

beach tribe
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
ROFL

This ain't 1997.

The Texans say hello.

beach tribe
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM

If I were you I'd ignore the rest of that post too.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM
The Texans say hello.

The Texans won a playoff game because they got to face Andy fucking Dalton. You know, a rookie?

I'll give Cassel the benefit of the doubt: he could probably pull that off.

beach tribe
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
The Texans won a playoff game because they got to face Andy ****ing Dalton. You know, a rookie?

I'll give Cassel the benefit of the doubt: he could probably pull that off.
The Broncos say hi.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
The Broncos won a playoff game because Tebow played out of his mind. 320 fucking yards for GOD'S sake.

Think Cassel's gonna do that? LMAO

stonedstooge
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
God Cassel was on the local KC news after the basketball game. They interviewed him and then showed him on the field throwing a pass that was probably about 40 yards. The receiver was running towards the camera and had to stop and wait for it to drop out of the sky. I swear it took 4 or 5 seconds for it to come down

beach tribe
06-14-2012, 10:58 PM
The Broncos won a playoff game because Tebow played out of his mind. 320 ****ing yards for GOD'S sake.

Think Cassel's gonna do that? LMAO

Did you think Tebow would?
The ball bounces funny sometimes, and i'm positive that we're getting there.

Hammock Parties
06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Did you think Tebow would?
The ball bounces funny sometimes, and i'm positive that we're getting there.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Tebow actually has always had an ability to hit the deep ball. That is why the Broncos won that game.

Cassel has no such ability.