PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Please join me in praying for my mom

booger
06-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Heart problems have put my mother in the hospital. Heart attack and monitoring for possible stent or even bypass. Will know more later today. While we can feel blessed that we are in a great hospital and she was smart enough to not let any stubborness get in the way of going to the ER, we could use some more thoughts and prayers to her in this time of concern. Family history of heart problems especially at her age, late 50's.

She's all i got left.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-19-2012, 04:41 AM
That sucks dude, best wishes

|Zach|
06-19-2012, 04:49 AM
All the best.

spanky 52
06-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Hoping everything goes well for your mom. It's amazing what they can do these days with the heart. Stay strong.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Best wishes and Prayers.

mikey23545
06-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Best wishes to your mom, Booger. And of course, to all of your family in such a trying time.

I'm in the same boat as your mom as far as the history of heart disease. It took my dad and one of my sisters far too early in their lives. I've had a couple of heart attacks, surgery, have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is a lot they can do nowadays to treat the heart...Hang in there and be strong for those in your family that need strength the most, my friend.

Fairplay
06-19-2012, 05:23 AM
Prayers sent.

Bugeater
06-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Your ma will be in my thoughts Boog.

bevischief
06-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Done.

Easy 6
06-19-2012, 06:32 AM
You got it.

Bwana
06-19-2012, 06:35 AM
Done deal Booger. All my best to your Mom and your family.

PhillyChiefFan
06-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Done. Best of luck to you and your mom.

Predarat
06-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Thoughts and prayers to your mom, you, family and friends. Wishing her a fast recovery.

threebag
06-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Prayers sent Boog

burt
06-19-2012, 07:43 AM
My thoughts and prayers are sent!

ChiTown
06-19-2012, 07:45 AM
May God bless and heal your Mother. We're praying for you, boog.

Msmith
06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
May God bless her and keep her. May she recover well.

kappa72202
06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
My prayers are offered up for her and you. May God Bless her and heal her.

Radar Chief
06-19-2012, 07:56 AM
All the Radar families best to you and yours.

Canofbier
06-19-2012, 07:58 AM
You and yours will be in my thoughts. Try to stay positive!

tredadda
06-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Your mother is in my prayers. Keep out hope everything will be alright.

Lumpy
06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom. :( I will keep her in my thoughts, Boog.

boogblaster
06-19-2012, 08:44 AM
sorry booger .. hope all turns out well .....

Ace Gunner
06-19-2012, 08:46 AM
thoughts & prayers your way.

DaFace
06-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear that man. My dad had a heart attack two years ago around this time, and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've had. That said, everyone in the thread is right - it's amazing what they can do these days as long as you catch issues in time. My dad's feeling better now than he has in years. Hopefully your mom will have a similar outcome.

Earthling
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Prayers go out for your Mom, you, and family.

TimeForWasp
06-19-2012, 09:41 AM
best wishes

Buehler445
06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Best wishes dude. All the best.

Caseyguyrr
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
all the best

ModSocks
06-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Hope it all works out for you.

It will.

morphius
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Prayers for your Mom booger

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Done.

Dave Lane
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Good luck

Frankie
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Heart problems have put my mother in the hospital. Heart attack and monitoring for possible stent or even bypass. Will know more later today. While we can feel blessed that we are in a great hospital and she was smart enough to not let any stubborness get in the way of going to the ER, we could use some more thoughts and prayers to her in this time of concern. Family history of heart problems especially at her age, late 50's.

She's all i got left.All the good thoughts to your mom's health.

That said, stent and bypass are routine nowadays. I have 7 stents all from one heart attack in one artery. I don't even buzz the airport metal detector.

My mom, almost 90 now, had a triple bypass about two decades ago. She's doing fine for her age. They say bypass makes your heart 10 years younger. So don't worry. Just be strong for her.

Good luck.

stevieray
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
absolutely

BigOlChiefsfan
06-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Best thoughts.

scho63
06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Prayers to you and your Mom

mlyonsd
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Extra Point
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Best wishes for you and her.

TrebMaxx
06-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Done deal.

FlaChief58
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Best wishes to you and your mom

tecumseh
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Moms mean more than words can say. I'll pray for her and for you.

RJ
06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
All the best for you and your mom.

WV
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Done...

booger
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
angiogram revealed no blockage so no need for a stent or worse yet, a bypass. Blood work resulted in elavated enzyme levels did reveal an attack, thankfully not a large one. Still enough for her to be on a nitroglycerin drip and smaller doses of morphine.

Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy was mentioned as the probable diagnosis. Basically a stressed induced heart attack from what i can gather from a bit of research. Tramatic events, death of a loved one, many terrible events can be the trigger. In her case it was a couple different degrading and belittling verbally abusive event the last of which literally almost scared her to death. Asking for it to be over with that she couldn't argue anymore because she felt like she was having a heart attack and then being doubted and called overly dramatic is just salt in the wound. By a longtime female family member (not blood related but still)....what a shame. I guess that's what drinking for the wrong reasons and taking out all of lifes problems on the easiest target gets you. No apologies, just an "i guess everyone will blame this on me" was the response today.

There was a time in my life not so long ago I would have torn this person to pieces, limb from limb, or at least attempted to, without thinking of the consiquences. So I follow my mother's lead in this lesson of forgiveness. Even if only temporarily and to be followed by most likely not acknowledging that persons existance anymore if that's the way she wishes to treat people.

I don't like airing my dirty laundry on here but hope that if this helps even one person forgive, forget, move on from, or overcome something or someone in their life then it was worth sharing. Cliche I know but if i can do it....I'm fiercely loyal and protective of my loved ones. Sometimes overboard in the past. Basically to an extreme for a now 33 year old with no siblings who only really had or was closest with his mother and grandfather. Now only left with her as my lone parent and no grandparents, an event like this leads one to basically be scared shitless and a ticking time bomb to any evil in my path. That's who i was. Not anymore.

I would like to thank the many of you over the years that have shared personal stories of the walks of life and how you have overcame obstacles. I can honestly say that if not for that I would have handled this and other events much less calmly and with an extreme amount of more anxiety, possibly some rage. By typing out those trying times when the easy thing to do would be to keep it off the net....Thank You doesn't even begin to describe my genuine gratitude.

Thanks to the dude who wrote The Serenity Prayer too. A few lines in there helped.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and kind words. She will be going home in a day or two, on medication and on the way to a full recovery in a few months.

God Bless

Booger

booger
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Best wishes to your mom, Booger. And of course, to all of your family in such a trying time.

I'm in the same boat as your mom as far as the history of heart disease. It took my dad and one of my sisters far too early in their lives. I've had a couple of heart attacks, surgery, have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is a lot they can do nowadays to treat the heart...Hang in there and be strong for those in your family that need strength the most, my friend.

Thanks bud

The fear over the years was her mother who had a massive heart attack before 60 and did not survive has been something i have known of since a young age. Getting the female siblings, my mom included, to realize that this doesn't have to be their same path just because of genetics and to take the proper steps such as Dr. Visits, etc has been a tough battle. But so far so good.

Take care of yourself buddy

booger
06-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear that man. My dad had a heart attack two years ago around this time, and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've had. That said, everyone in the thread is right - it's amazing what they can do these days as long as you catch issues in time. My dad's feeling better now than he has in years. Hopefully your mom will have a similar outcome.

Thanks man. It's touchy with her as she has several auto immune illnesses as well. I can't really describe them but she is frequently in lots of pain. Dr. Gregory House says "it's never Lupus" but in her case she has that too and that always complicates things.

She is doing better, in good spirits, and feeling very blessed. Hope your dad's health is very very good these days.

Frankie
06-19-2012, 11:43 PM
angiogram revealed no blockage so no need for a stent or worse yet, a bypass. Blood work resulted in elavated enzyme levels did reveal an attack, thankfully not a large one. Still enough for her to be on a nitroglycerin drip and smaller doses of morphine.

Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy was mentioned as the probable diagnosis. Basically a stressed induced heart attack from what i can gather from a bit of research. Tramatic events, death of a loved one, many terrible events can be the trigger. In her case it was a couple different degrading and belittling verbally abusive event the last of which literally almost scared her to death. Asking for it to be over with that she couldn't argue anymore because she felt like she was having a heart attack and then being doubted and called overly dramatic is just salt in the wound. By a longtime female family member (not blood related but still)....what a shame. I guess that's what drinking for the wrong reasons and taking out all of lifes problems on the easiest target gets you. No apologies, just an "i guess everyone will blame this on me" was the response today.

There was a time in my life not so long ago I would have torn this person to pieces, limb from limb, or at least attempted to, without thinking of the consiquences. So I follow my mother's lead in this lesson of forgiveness. Even if only temporarily and to be followed by most likely not acknowledging that persons existance anymore if that's the way she wishes to treat people.

I don't like airing my dirty laundry on here but hope that if this helps even one person forgive, forget, move on from, or overcome something or someone in their life then it was worth sharing. Cliche I know but if i can do it....I'm fiercely loyal and protective of my loved ones. Sometimes overboard in the past. Basically to an extreme for a now 33 year old with no siblings who only really had or was closest with his mother and grandfather. Now only left with her as my lone parent and no grandparents, an event like this leads one to basically be scared shitless and a ticking time bomb to any evil in my path. That's who i was. Not anymore.

I would like to thank the many of you over the years that have shared personal stories of the walks of life and how you have overcame obstacles. I can honestly say that if not for that I would have handled this and other events much less calmly and with an extreme amount of more anxiety, possibly some rage. By typing out those trying times when the easy thing to do would be to keep it off the net....Thank You doesn't even begin to describe my genuine gratitude.

Thanks to the dude who wrote The Serenity Prayer too. A few lines in there helped.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and kind words. She will be going home in a day or two, on medication and on the way to a full recovery in a few months.

God Bless

BoogerThanks for the update. Hope she'll recover nicely. As for the relative, yes she should be blamed. Mom's are precious and I really like your caring for her like this. Good for you.

booger
06-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update. Hope she'll recover nicely. As for the relative, yes she should be blamed. Mom's are precious and I really like your caring for her like this. Good for you.

Thanks Frankie

The unfortunate events will very soon be cast aside and good times will replace them. We will forgive, not forget, and let the relative live with the choices she makes in life. Some stress management councling and a reassesment on the boundrys a person should set will also be discussed.

Lumpy
06-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Thank you for the update, boog. I'm truly happy to hear that she will be ok and leaving the hospital soon!

That's a tough situation regarding the relative. It's good for you to put that aside for now though and focus on your mom and help her w/ her recovery.

Best to you and *hugs* to your mom!

booger
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Thanks Lumpy

Mods, this can be unsticky'd as soon as you wish as things are looking good

chasedude
06-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Sorry I didn't see this til now. Glad to hear things are ok boog.

bevischief
06-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the update. Hang in there.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
In her case it was a couple different degrading and belittling verbally abusive event the last of which literally almost scared her to death. Asking for it to be over with that she couldn't argue anymore because she felt like she was having a heart attack and then being doubted and called overly dramatic is just salt in the wound. By a longtime female family member (not blood related but still)....what a shame. I guess that's what drinking for the wrong reasons and taking out all of lifes problems on the easiest target gets you. No apologies, just an "i guess everyone will blame this on me" was the response today.

God Bless

Booger

As far as the person who caused this to happen to your mother, and then shrugged off her chance to apologize...Good Lord...:shake:

You send like a good, caring man, Boog...and if you change your mind and decide to beat the shit out of that "family member", I promise I'll look the other way...:p

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
All the good thoughts to your mom's health.

That said, stent and bypass are routine nowadays. I have 7 stents all from one heart attack in one artery. I don't even buzz the airport metal detector.

My mom, almost 90 now, had a triple bypass about two decades ago. She's doing fine for her age. They say bypass makes your heart 10 years younger. So don't worry. Just be strong for her.

Good luck.

You and your mom take care, Frankie...I lost my mom to cancer about 12 years ago, and I can guarantee you that there is no one, and I mean no one, who loves you as unconditionally as your mom does.

I remember the last time I spoke to my mother. It was near the end, and the cancer had spread to her brain. I went in to say goodbye to her. I held her hand and began to speak to her when the nurse who was in the room told me there was no way between the cancer and the medication that she could hear me. And indeed, she hadn't spoken to anyone in several days. Still, I turned back to her and told her I loved her...and suddenly her eyes fluttered open, and she said "I love you too, honey"...Those were the last words she ever spoke...

Damn it, I believe we have a very high pollen count here in Florida today...

Bless your mom, and tell her you love her every day.

Frankie
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
You and your mom take care, Frankie...I lost my mom to cancer about 12 years ago, and I can guarantee you that there is no one, and I mean no one, who loves you as unconditionally as your mom does.

Bless her heart, and tell her you love her every day.

Thanks man. Now let's go back to the DC and fight it out. :D

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks man. Now let's go back to the DC and fight it out. :D

As long as we don't break up in midair, you're on! :p

Frankie
06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
As long as we don't break up in midair, you're on! :p

Now you are being scary.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Now you are being scary.

:facepalm:

Passenger jet breakes in two! How safe are those planes we ride everyday? :eek: http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lFR1leIvRU2sPo0xZCKpAA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MTY0Nztjcj0xO2N3PTI4NDY7ZHg9MDtkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTExMDtxPTg1O3c9MTkw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/dfddc1b7fe6e7210f40e6a7067004e50.jpg

Braincase
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
{Prayers}