PDA

View Full Version : Life Have you ever gone postal at work

tooge
06-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Ok, so I'm so freakin stressed at work right now with a combination of new marketing program, continuing education, new equipment, and now some complete dumbassery by some of my staff, that I freakin lost it this moring. I ended up smashing some shit in my office on accident shutting a door that had stuff behind it because I was pissed and wasn't looking. Now none of the gals in the office will even aproach me for fear I will punch their dumb asses in the face. Venting feels good. Carry on.

Rasputin
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcRDTOZkG3M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NcRDTOZkG3M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Fat Elvis
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Ok, so I'm so freakin stressed at work right now with a combination of new marketing program, continuing education, new equipment, and now some complete dumbassery by some of my staff, that I freakin lost it this moring. I ended up smashing some shit in my office on accident shutting a door that had stuff behind it because I was pissed and wasn't looking. Now none of the gals in the office will even aproach me for fear I will punch their dumb asses in the face. Venting feels good. Carry on.

Note to self: Cancel dental appt. with Tooge today.....

rred
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I have always been calm and collective through any work environment I've ever experienced, whether being paid or on an internship. I don't understand why fools can't keep they cool.

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I've been wanting to burn this place to the ground for the last month. What a nightmare.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
I have always been calm and collective through any work environment I've ever experienced, whether being paid or on an internship. I don't understand why fools can't keep they cool.

I don't understand why fools can't spell COLLECTED.

Oh and kick some ass tooge... and take some names.

rred
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't understand why fools can't spell COLLECTED.

Oh and kick some ass tooge... and take some names.

Fools be misspelling.

milkman
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM

I'm guessing that taking out the trash at McDonald's is a relatively stress free job.

rred
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm guessing that taking out the trash at McDonald's is a relatively stress free job.

If you don't let the loud mouth "managers" bring you down, it's a pretty sweet starter gig.

tooge
06-20-2012, 10:01 AM

you are welcome to come to my office today and you can experience, for the first time, office rage. I will shit down your neck you worthless piece of crap.

blaise
06-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I've told off customers at jobs before. Nothing really crazy though.

tooge
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm slowly feeling the BP come back to normal. As long as one of the gals doesn't act like a total moron in the next hour or so, I might get through the day without killing someone.

Rausch
06-20-2012, 10:04 AM
A couple times.

rred
06-20-2012, 10:04 AM
you are welcome to come to my office today and you can experience, for the first time, office rage. I will shit down your neck you worthless piece of crap.

It's crazy to think someone in any workforce has not experienced a similar level of stress as you.

I've told off customers at jobs before. Nothing really crazy though.

Just let them be.

lcarus
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh god you have no idea.

Dr. Johnny Fever
Fools be misspelling.

You spelled collective correctly... but you wanted collected.

blaise
It's crazy to think someone in any workforce has not experienced a similar level of stress as you.

Just let them be.

Shut up.

Saul Good
06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
A friend of mine worked at McDonald's in college. This guy is 6'9 300+, and some bitch customer was just unloading on him over something stupid and out of his control. When the next lady in line came up, she asked him if he ever felt time telling a customer to fuck off. He said that he'd love to but needed the job.

The lady said, "well I don't work here" and then turned to the bitch and loudly told her to fuck off. Score one for the (enormous) little guy.

Start Croyle
06-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Hmm. I can only think of two times that I got really mad at work. Both of them were when I was frustrated with myself really, not with other people like in the original post!

The first time, I had a big disagreement with my manager. I was extremely mad at him but I managed to get through it without saying anything out of line. I couldn't think straight when I went back to my desk thouhh, and decided to just take a walk during lunch to clear my thoughts.

The other time, I had gotten spyware downloaded onto my work computer, which was really embarassing and also bad because I had a lot of stuff to get done! I was staying after work trying to remove it and it was taking hours and hours to figure out! I slammed my desk with my fist in frustration when I rebooted the machine only to find that the problem was still there. I didn't leave the office until I fixed it though, and eventually got it sorted out.

Radar Chief
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xuBRk6tjiUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seclark
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
i was accused of sticking thumbtacks in the eyes of a pic of my boss.
the nerve...
sec

Saulbadguy
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
No, i'm not an out of control animal.

gblowfish
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I've been very angry at work before, but never to the point of screaming in somebody's face or breaking up the place. Never ever ever lose my temper with a client. You have to remember it's work, and you can't take it personally.

I have seen co-workers lose it both internally and with clients. One guy got fired for telling a customer to go fuck himself in front of his kids.

You gotta keep your cool if you're going to work with the public.

morphius
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I raised my voice once in the last 12 years, everybody was so shocked that they came to see if everything was okay, lol.

My team did manage to send our (crazy) team lead off the deep end once, it was pretty awkward. He sort of went off, then started babbling to himself and then stormed out of the office. We just continued our team meeting after he left and at the next meeting we just told him that we already had discussed that at our last meeting when he brought up different topics.

Deberg_1990
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
and now some complete dumbassery by some of my staff

Wouldnt you love to be able to say this?

PUT that COFFEE DOWN!! Coffee is for Closers only!!

luv
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
So, freaking everyone out due to the actions of a few is a good thing?

qabbaan
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
calm and collective

really?

Lumpy
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
I've never "gone postal" on any customers, (although there were a few times where I wanted to do that), but I had an assistant that "felt the wrath of Lumpy". LMAO

Long story short...
She started a rumor about me on MySpace. She posted a blog and only made it visible to a few select friends. Well, one of her "friends" sent me a message via MySpace about it and that was it.

I came into work the next morning, walked up to her and said, "do you have a ****ing problem w/ me? If so, you need to say this shit to my face." The look on her face was priceless. She was tripping over her words, but finally admitted to it. I told her to delete the blog and she refused.

Needless to say, I made her life a living hell that week. Then, the following Monday she put in her 2 weeks notice. Unfortunately for her, my boss knew about the entire incident and, when she gave him her notice, he said, "pack your stuff". It was epic. I laughed. Hopefully she learned a lesson to never talk shit on her boss.

In58men
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
I had a few run ins with some employees. I work in the Oilfields so it's inevitable. Summer time the tempers start to flare.

tooge
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM

made me feel better. they can go fuck themselves but I'm thinking they are too ignorant to figure out how

stevieray
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
patient:WAIT! WHAT? ROOT CANAL????? I'm just here for a regular checkup/cleaning!!!

(drill whirring up to spped in background) PLEASE! STOP! STOMMMMPH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH......

tooge:ooooook that's much better! man, I feel good! who wants to go to lunch?

office:crickets

luv
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
made me feel better. they can go **** themselves but I'm thinking they are too ignorant to figure out how

Perhaps you should fire them all and find a new staff.

milkman
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Perhaps you should fire them all and find a new staff.

I've found a dentist that I really like, but she has a hell of a time retaining staff.

The problem may not lie with the staff.

SAUTO
06-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I flipped my shit on my former boss and his cunt, thieving wife. Right before I quit, then he realized I was right and sold the place to me.

Never lost it on a customer but have on my secretary/wife (admittedly I hold her to a higher standard). only in private though.

And once on an employee who had been fucked up for months and out was the final straw when he hit the carr parked next to one in a brand new fucking truck. How the fuck do you cut the wheels and hit the car in the spot next to you. And then drive over the front of the car without stopping?

God damn I lost it.
Posted via Mobile Device

rred
06-20-2012, 11:34 AM
No, i'm not an out of control animal.

You are a normal human being, then.

Calcountry
06-20-2012, 11:39 AM
They will have to sit you down in a room and retrain you.

rred
06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I really do believe anybody who can't just control themselves in a set enviroment 40-60+ hours a week is one step off of being a crazed lunatic.

Lumpy
06-20-2012, 11:46 AM

"Good thing", no. A necessity, sometimes.

There was a lot more to my story than what I posted. My assistant was insubordinate and out of control w/ her smart ass remarks months before she posted what she did in her blog. I just dealt w/ the BS up to that point. Her posting that blog was proof that she lacked maturity, professionalism, and respect for her supervisor.

luv
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
"Good thing", no. A necessity, sometimes.

There was a lot more to my story than what I posted. My assistant was insubordinate and out of control w/ her smart ass remarks months before she posted what she did in her blog. I just dealt w/ the BS up to that point. Her posting that blog was proof that she lacked maturity, professionalism, and respect for her supervisor.

You didn't go postal. You handled the situation with that person, unless you were yelling for the benefit of everyone hearing you. Still, your anger was focused on the person you were having issues with.

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Is this in any way related to the lady dentist that pulled all the teeth out of her cheating boyfriends head?

tooge
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
no, thats called goin dental

Bugeater
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Well yeah, I lost it several times recently at my job. So I found another job. Turns out the new job was going to be worse than my old job, so I got my old job back.

BWillie
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
At least you didn't cry. I've seen countless women in the past literally start crying, like that is really going to help. Then they get consoled and babied. This isn't preschool anymore, it's the real world, grow a pair. I'd just fire them right then and there if I saw someone bawling about their work.

tooge
06-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Well yeah, I lost it several times recently at my job. So I found another job. Turns out the new job was going to be worse than my old job, so I got my old job back.

meet the new boss. same as the old boss

Frazod
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I TOOK THIS AND WENT RIGHT FOR YOUR GODDAMNED INCISORS??????

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku332xDN9o1qzexpio1_500.jpg

Steron
06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I've been wanting to burn this place to the ground for the last month. What a nightmare.

Why? Did they move you to Storage B?

Bugeater
06-20-2012, 12:07 PM
meet the new boss. same as the old boss
Actually, my boss is not the problem. She's awesome.

Lumpy
06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
You didn't go postal. You handled the situation with that person, unless you were yelling for the benefit of everyone hearing you. Still, your anger was focused on the person you were having issues with.

Oh, there was yelling. Trust me. My boss heard all of it and stayed in his office. LMAO

Looking back, I could have handled the situation differently. However, many attempts to correct her behavior, (in a more professional manner), were made before this, but to no avail. I more or less wanted to scare the shit right out of her and make her realize that she went too far.

Bwana
06-20-2012, 01:06 PM

:eek:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aqusCy1fUVo/TYb1d4v5qbI/AAAAAAAACrk/k0jjKGgPvkc/s400/Teeth_IsItSafe_MarathonMan.jpg

rred
06-20-2012, 01:09 PM

Why don't you just chill the fuck out? Why is it so difficult for people like you to just put forth your honest best and show the world some respect?

seclark
06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Why don't you just chill the **** out? Why is it so difficult for people like you to just put forth your honest best and show the world some respect?

could we get a mod to off this shit-troll?
sec

tooge
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
sec

seconded

luv
06-20-2012, 01:42 PM
sec

I'm gonna guess it's a Joey mult.

stevieray
06-20-2012, 01:44 PM

...don't be stealing my thunder, mr angry dentistman.

Rausch
06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
sec

Gochiefs is more difficult to corral than greased ferrets...