PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Mark Cuban Calls Out Skip Bayless

ShowtimeSBMVP
06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv2jqFd2-qI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv2jqFd2-qI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

"You have the presumption that people care what you say. They don't." ROFL

Tribal Warfare
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
CubOwned

-King-
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
ROFL Yeah Skip got owned. When Cuban asked those two questions, Skip was dumbfounded.

Bearcat
06-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Making Skip Bayless look dumb is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel... or shooting a barrel... or being in the vicinity of a barrel.

Predarat
06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Cuban is pretty damn awesome.

GordonGekko
06-22-2012, 12:25 PM
****, Cuban looks like he just woke up.

RealSNR
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
http://www.cinemaspy.com/img/user/judi-dench-m-bond_250.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Making Skip Bayless look dumb is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel... or shooting a barrel... or being in the vicinity of a barrel.

Louis C.K.?

Kidd Lex
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.cinemaspy.com/img/user/judi-dench-m-bond_250.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YjWx-7hqtzo/TZMjtoy6FTI/AAAAAAAAA-I/WoEpGO9tVk0/s1600/weird-guy-with-guns.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM

And he still made Skippy into a fool... which I realize isn't hard for anyone with a little knowledge.

Sofa King
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Cuban just blasted Skip. Awesome.

durtyrute
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I love it when someone tells the media how full of shit they are.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM

That was probably done on purpose. He probably woke up and thought "I don't have to get dressed up for Skip Bayless, I'm Mark fucking Cuban".

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
That was probably done on purpose. He probably woke up and thought "I don't have to get dressed up for Skip Bayless, I'm Mark ****ing Cuban".

haha

mdchiefsfan
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
It seemed the interview got cut off. Is there more to it than that?

Bane
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol

loochy
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
ha ha skip can eat poop

Rams Fan
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
ha ha skip can eat poop

Perhaps a poop taco?

Frazod
06-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Goddamn I wish Cuban would buy every team I root for. :wayne:

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Goddamn I wish Cuban would buy every team I root for. :wayne:

He's the sole reason I'm a Mavs fan. He does so much for the community in Dallas that people outside here don't know about. He's not like your typical team owner that lives in his own world. I've known numerous people who have run into him out and about town and he's always super gracious.

loochy
06-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Perhaps a poop taco?

Absolutely not. He does not deserve the joy of eating it in taco form. He gets no tortilla, no lettuce, no tomatoes, no cheese, no salsa. He only gets POOP.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
LMAO

I wish he would buy the Royals and Chiefs.

I love how he always wears T-shirts. That would be me if I were a billionaire.

Hydrae
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Have you seen him on the show Shark Tank? He is pretty funny there too, even when he is thinking of investing money in someone.

Frazod
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Hopefully on the way out of the building he paid somebody $100 to key Skip's car.

Thig Lyfe
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Louis C.K.?

Todd Barry at the Checy Chase roast.

Sully
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Cuban is absolutely correct here.
We all fall into the trap of simplifying things down to the most basic (and often emotional) element in order to have the discussion (whether it be sports or any other newsworthy event). Bitching about a player's footwork, effort, etc, when we, at best, know very little about what the hell we are talking about. It's fun, it's often an exciting discussion to have, and it makes us feel involved. But too often, we and those in the media build ourselves into some expert based on those arguments, when many times, the argument we are having isn't even about the right things.

notorious
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Cuban is absolutely correct here.
We all fall into the trap of simplifying things down to the most basic (and often emotional) element in order to have the discussion (whether it be sports or any other newsworthy event). Bitching about a player's footwork, effort, etc, when we, at best, know very little about what the hell we are talking about. It's fun, it's often an exciting discussion to have, and it makes us feel involved. But too often, we and those in the media build ourselves into some expert based on those arguments, when many times, the argument we are having isn't even about the right things.

So, does Matt Cassel suck or do we just not know enough to make that judgement?

:D I just had to throw that in there.

Fritz88
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Hilarious. Cuban calls Skip for using generalities then Cuban himself says "That is the most ridiculous things a sports writer has ever said" in replying to a comment by skip.

LMAO.

I don't care for either, BTW.

Sully
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM

Results matter.
I'm not arguing that we can't all see that player "A" sucks and player "B" is awesome (although we can all disagree on those things, too). It's just that we tend to get a little over our skis a little when discussing the "why."

I've seen people spend page after page on here, for example, on why an offensive lineman isn't getting the job done. But, within those pages, I see so much bullshit that people clearly don't even know what they are talking about as far as scheme, protections, and footwork (as if more than 5 or 6 posters on here know the correct footwork for any given play).
And when at a loss, we start to blame things like "who wants it more," etc.
I don't agree with Cuban that that is never the case. But more often than not, it's far deeper.

As far as the NFL goes, I really think that now that they are going to release their "all 22" angles, it can really help the discussion.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
First off, Mark Cuban made himself look stupid when Stephen A. Jumped in
but that's another conversation.

1. People do care what Skip says. He has a TV show on ESPN to prove it. Players and fans do listen, they are on the show all the time. Mark is stupid for saying the opposite.

2. Heat definitely wanted it more than OKC. They were really dejected after game four and they looked defeated after three in last nights game. They are young and when you are young you always think you have more time. MIA is older an know that they don't. So Mark again, is stupid.

3. His Mavs shut down King James last year? Because their players are smart and ran multiple looks at him to confuse him as to what to do? That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard on a sports show. LJ has seen all the looks their are and can beat all of them. No team in the league can just shut him down. He may have a bad night but it's not because of defensive genius. But we are to believe that the Mavs did this? Anyone who watched the series could see LJ was way off in his game and didn't have the gutso to do what he did this year. He heard the critics and he let them bring down his spirit. All writers agreed with this and they are right. Once again mark Cuban is stupid.

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 03:54 PM

1. People do care what Skip says. He has a TV show on ESPN to prove it. Players and fans do listen, they are on the show all the time. Mark is stupid for saying the opposite.

2. Heat definitely wanted it more than OKC. They were really dejected after game four and they looked defeated after three in last nights game. They are young and when you are young you always think you have more time. MIA is older an know that they don't. So Mark again, is stupid.

3. His Mavs shut down King James last year? Because their players are smart and ran multiple looks at him to confuse him as to what to do? That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard on a sports show. LJ has seen all the looks their are and can beat all of them. No team in the league can just shut him down. He may have a bad night but it's not because of defensive genius. But we are to believe that the Mavs did this? Anyone who watched the series could see LJ was way off in his game and didn't have the gutso to do what he did this year. He heard the critics and he let them bring down his spirit. All writers agreed with this and they are right. Once again mark Cuban is stupid.

Tuckdaddy just called Mark Cuban stupid.

The internet.

It is a hell of a thing.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
God bless the internet. To clarify: What he said on the show was stupid and no analyst in the nation would agree with him.

I don't mean it literally. He's obviously pretty damn smart the way he made his biliions.

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 04:00 PM
God bless the internet. To clarify. What he said on the shiow was stupid and no analyst in the natuion would agree with him.

I don't mean it literally. He's obviously pretty damn smart the way he made his biliions.

Mark pressed Skip to provide information that wasn't based on emotionally charged sports talk bullshit and Skip had nothing. Absolutely nothing. He then explained with actual sports knowledge exactly why he thought the things he did.

You are praising everything wrong with sports media. Know nothing gossip sports bullshit. Congrats.

WhiteWhale
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Skip is a blow hard jackass.

He shouts too much, has an unhealthy obsession with diet mountain dew, and is a complete ****ing toolbox.

Cuban making Skip look as stupid as he is makes me favor Cuban. Nice play you lucky american dream living bastard.

whoman69
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM

No, he sucks alright.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Mark pressed Skip to provide information that wasn't based on emotionally charged sports talk bullshit and Skip had nothing. Absolutely nothing. He then explained with actual sports knowledge exactly why he thought the things he did.

You are praising everything wrong with sports media. Know nothing gossip sports bullshit. Congrats.

And you, like him, are over analysing. He went on to say that numbers are meaningless and blah blah blah. Name me an NBA analyst that wrote in an article the masterful defense of the Mavs shut down James. What he said to skip and really everything he said is crazy except to him.

It was also info skip wouldn't have. What defense were they playing? Who cares? The guy scored at will in the paint, but Mark would have you believe that his Mavs we so smart as to have stop LJ from scoring but OKC players are so stupid that they can't. No team in the NBA can but his Mavs did.

Fugging tool.

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Skip Bayless being ridiculous and sensationalizing. Alllll the time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vxy-cphGEPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefer
06-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Perhaps a poop taco?

All the ingredients should be organic and locally sourced lest Skip's brother will be disappointed.

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 04:07 PM
And you, like him, are over analysing. He went on to say that numbers are meaningless and blah blah blah. Name me an NBA analyst that wrote in an article the masterful defense of the Mavs shut down James. What he said to skip and really everything he said is crazy except to him.

Actually people overwhelmingly appreciate what Mark had to say on that show. People don't usually go on and call these media guys on their horse shit.

You are projecting your own love of Bayless on to the world and it could not be more wrong.

Why is it exactly you falling on the side of the media talking about bullshit instead of injecting real sports insight into conversations. Why are you so happy about the TMZ treatment of sports reporting.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Actually people overwhelmingly appreciate what Mark had to say on that show. People don't usually go on and call these media guys on their horse shit.

You are projecting your own love of Bayless on to the world and it could not be more wrong.

Why is it exactly you falling on the side of the media talking about bullshit instead of injecting real sports insight into conversations. Why are you so happy about the TMZ treatment of sports reporting.

I don't love Skip by any means. His Lebron bashing has been really pathedic in alot of ways and don't get me started on his Tebow love. Totally crazy analysis of Tebow skills, of which dumbass Gruden agrees with him. Back to the point at hand. I didn't like what Mark said or how he said. What he said was nutts and he thinks he's so dead on right it's mind blowing. He doesn't know more than reporters do about athletes when all they do is cover them day in and day out but he talked to Skip on his own show like he was an idiot. Stephen A held back alot but you could tell he was ready to tell Mark what a dumbass he sounded like.

Sully
06-22-2012, 04:31 PM
He doesn't know more than reporters do about athletes when all they do is cover them day in and day out

Do you really think this is true?

whoman69
06-22-2012, 04:32 PM

1. Smart people know to dismiss everything that Skip says because he is the biggest troll on TV. Stephen A. called Bayless out for the same thing today, that while he is factual in his presentation, he only gives part of the story and ignores anything which doesn't fit into his view. Ex- Tebow is a winner, he won 7 of his first 8 games this year while he cherry picks the good throws that he made ignoring the facts that he lost 4 of his last 5 and had less than a 50% completion rating.

2. Miami didn't want it more. When you get to the finals, each team wants it equally. Claiming otherwise shows Skip knows nothing about competition. Would you say that OKC wanted it more than SA?

3. They didn't shut him down as you claim, nor did Cuban say that he did. He is saying that they kept him out of his comfort zone and forced him into relying on his teamates more than OKC did. They did give him multiple looks and were much more effective in guarding James. All the writers didn't agree with what you claim, and writers are not always right. He may have been more focused this year learned from his experience, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Dallas was much better in defending him.

4. Agreeing with Skip Bayless means you will be wrong more times than you are right. He says stupid things that even he doesn't truly believe much of the time.

mdchiefsfan
06-22-2012, 04:36 PM
1. Smart people know to dismiss everything that Skip says because he is the biggest troll on TV. Stephen A. called Bayless out for the same thing today, that while he is factual in his presentation, he only gives part of the story and ignores anything which doesn't fit into his view. Ex- Tebow is a winner, he won 7 of his first 8 games this year while he cherry picks the good throws that he made ignoring the facts that he lost 4 of his last 5 and had less than a 50% completion rating.

2. Miami didn't want it more. When you get to the finals, each team wants it equally. Claiming otherwise shows Skip knows nothing about competition. Would you say that OKC wanted it more than SA?

3. They didn't shut him down as you claim, nor did Cuban say that he did. He is saying that they kept him out of his comfort zone and forced him into relying on his teamates more than OKC did. They did give him multiple looks and were much more effective in guarding James. All the writers didn't agree with what you claim, and writers are not always right. He may have been more focused this year learned from his experience, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Dallas was much better in defending him.

4. Agreeing with Skip Bayless means you will be wrong more times than you are right. He says stupid things that even he doesn't truly believe much of the time.

:clap:

vailpass
06-22-2012, 04:39 PM
It's almost like Bayless does what he does so people will recognize and talk about him which in turn will allow him to parlay that notoriety into a high-paying job.

whoman69
06-22-2012, 04:41 PM
It's almost like Bayless does what he does so people will recognize and talk about him which in turn will allow him to parlay that notoriety into a high-paying job.

Almost?

listopencil
06-22-2012, 05:24 PM
That was probably done on purpose. He probably woke up and thought "I don't have to get dressed up for Skip Bayless, I'm Mark ****ing Cuban".

:clap:

vailpass
06-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Almost?

Heh yep. The people that are irritated by Bayless and bitch about him crack me up. They are why he has a job.

whoman69
06-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Heh yep. The people that are irritated by Bayless and bitch about him crack me up. They are why he has a job.

I'd rather watch Colin Cowherd, but think he sucks too. Its too bad Dan Patrick isn't on later in the morning. The only show that ESPN has that doesn't go way over the top in the morning is Mike and Mike.

okcchief
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I used to think how can someone be so stupid when I watched him. I quickly figured out he doesn't believe half of the shit he says. The Cossell comparison LeBron made was right on. He pisses people off just like Howard used too. People love to hate. Good job if you can get it.

scho63
06-22-2012, 06:46 PM
I just watched this is in it's entirety and Mark Cuban bitch slapped Skip Bayless all the way back to his first day in journalism school.

Cuban talked in specifics and Bayless in generalizations and Cuban made him looked like the complete ass he is.

I like when he called him on on "what do you mean the defensive play was 'he didn't drop back into coverage?' Bayless was worse than a deer in the headlights.

I wish Cuban bought the Pittsburgh Pirates or the KC Chiefs

notorious
06-22-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd rather watch Colin Cowherd, but think he sucks too. Its too bad Dan Patrick isn't on later in the morning. The only show that ESPN has that doesn't go way over the top in the morning is Mike and Mike.

I think Colin wakes up, looks at the main news, and goes with the complete opposite opinion of the masses.

He knows what gets listeners, and every once in a while it's actually entertaining.

Mike Greenburg is prob my favorite, though. He is a pretty funny guy.

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2012, 07:00 PM

I'm glad you posted this. Now whenever i see you post something in a basketball thread I'll remember to disregard anything you have to say on the subject. Thanks for proving you don't know shit about basketball.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 07:53 PM

I never said I agreed with Skip and all his crapola. I simply disagreed with everything Cuban said and people on this board are acting like he did something great when all he did was say a bunch BS that isn't close to being true. They took LJ out of game? What? Niobody in the nation agrees with that. He said his players were smarter than OKC's. He doesn't have say they shut him down. He totally implied it and Stephen called him on it. No matter if you like Skip or not, Mark C said a bunch of stupid shit.

I am not a huge fan of Skip but he is entertaining and does have alot of respect in the sports reporting community. ESPY award as well. So when Cuban says nobody cares what he says it really sounds stupid seeing how he's saying it on his show, that of course ESPN gave him because nobody cares what he says.

Smart people listen to what is said and decide what they believe and make up their own mind. Stupid people just dismiss what is said because they
don't like someones opinion.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm glad you posted this. Now whenever i see you post something in a basketball thread I'll remember to disregard anything you have to say on the subject. Thanks for proving you don't know shit about basketball.

I don't know shit about basketball? You quote me and that's all you got. What happned in the series then? Do you actually have thought or are you going suck on Marks toes and give the Mavs super defense credit instead of those that know Lebron.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 08:06 PM

That's what I thought. Nothing to say, just a blow hard with no real thoughts.

ChiefGator
06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought it was awesome, even though Cuban let Skip get away with a couple. The "NO ONE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER BEEN UNDER AS MUCH PRESSURE AS LEBRON LAST YEAR" crap is just that... crap.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I thought it was awesome, even though Cuban let Skip get away with a couple. The "NO ONE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER BEEN UNDER AS MUCH PRESSURE AS LEBRON LAST YEAR" crap is just that... crap.

I agree. It is a stupid thing to say.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I actually enjoy Skip Bayless. I recognize he's a shameless, grandstanding troll, but when he and Stephen A. go at each other it is comedy gold.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
I actually enjoy Skip Bayless. I recognize he's a shameless, grandstanding troll, but when he and Stephen A. go at each other it is comedy gold.

I do too. I DVR the show everyday just to here them argue and they do bring up alot of good points. Stepehn A is the best sports personality there is.

whoman69
06-22-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't know shit about basketball? You quote me and that's all you got. What happned in the series then? Do you actually have thought or are you going suck on Marks toes and give the Mavs super defense credit instead of those that know Lebron.

Do you think Skip Bayless knows him? Skip couldn't pat himself on the back enough to claim that he is to LaBron as Cosell was to Ali. First off that comparison isn't even close to valid. Cosell respected what Ali could do in the ring and thought he was one of the most talented boxers ever. How he became connected to Ali was grounding him when Ali ran his mouth and blew off his opponents. Cosell kept him grounded. Cosell was the only one that defended him when he lost his title due to his stand on Vietnam.

Skip on the other hand has belittled LaBron at every step with the argument that "the best player should win the title, am I right?" He paints a small picture which goes against the grain and usually against all sense. I don't believe that Skip believes what he's saying half the time.

Does Steven A. know LaBron? He admitted himself LaBron won't even speak to him anymore.

Steven A. was dead on when after an eight minute rant by Skip he called him on the fact that he does not present the entire picture and pays attention only to those "facts" that back up his argument. He's like Patteeu. If you believe what he says, you must live in the same Bizarroworld.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Do you think Skip Bayless knows him? Skip couldn't pat himself on the back enough to claim that he is to LaBron as Cosell was to Ali. First off that comparison isn't even close to valid. Cosell respected what Ali could do in the ring and thought he was one of the most talented boxers ever. How he became connected to Ali was grounding him when Ali ran his mouth and blew off his opponents. Cosell kept him grounded. Cosell was the only one that defended him when he lost his title due to his stand on Vietnam.

Skip on the other hand has belittled LaBron at every step with the argument that "the best player should win the title, am I right?" He paints a small picture which goes against the grain and usually against all sense. I don't believe that Skip believes what he's saying half the time.

Does Steven A. know LaBron? He admitted himself LaBron won't even speak to him anymore.

Steven A. was dead on when after an eight minute rant by Skip he called him on the fact that he does not present the entire picture and pays attention only to those "facts" that back up his argument. He's like Patteeu. If you believe what he says, you must live in the same Bizarroworld.

I didn't say Skip or Stephen A know him. I am refering to those that do. Alot of sport writers know him and it's plain as day in the Mavs finals he was clearly not taking matters into his own hands. He was mentally not there and that is a story that has been written alot and he took alot of heat for his performance. I am simply stating that Cuban is an idiot to think that the Mavs defense did in LJ last season. He said they confused him and his players are smarter than OKC's. What he said is rediculous. I am not defending Skip and his attitude or his opinions. I am bashing Mark Cuban and all his stupid remarks. He said three stupid things.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I do too. I DVR the show everyday just to here them argue and they do bring up alot of good points. Stepehn A is the best sports personality there is.

I know it's the worst sort of pandering, but I love their Tebow debates. So much melodrama. Whenever someone subs for SAS, it's not even close to the same. Nobody else lets Skip get under their skin like him and no one else matches the ridiculous drama of Skip, either. Hilarious.

MMXcalibur
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I appreciate what Cuban is trying to do, but nothing he said is going to change the kind of s*** spewing nonsense that Skip indulges in. One of these days, people will stop listening to this assclown and he'll go away. I can only hope it will be very soon...

MMXcalibur
06-22-2012, 11:35 PM
http://youtu.be/O7C069s6_q0

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 11:40 PM
The best sports personality in the business is without question Dan Patrick.

Of course all the young ladies in this thread would rather their sports information come in the form of exaggerated drama so he isn't front and center on ESPN.

Enjoy your gossip and cat fights ladies.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Of course all the young ladies in this thread would rather their sports information come in the form of exaggerated drama so he isn't front and center on ESPN.

I don't watch First Take for sports info. In fact I don't watch ESPN for sports info too often. I have the internet for that. I watch First Take for sports news like I would watch The Daily Show for the regular news.

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't watch First Take for sports info. In fact I don't watch ESPN for sports info too often. I have the internet for that. I watch First Take for sports news like I would watch The Daily Show for the regular news.

I am in the same boat. I only watch ESPN when there are games on I want to see. I have no idea how anyone over 13 could enjoy those first take style shows.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I am in the same boat. I only watch ESPN when there are games on I want to see. I have no idea how anyone over 13 could enjoy those first take style shows.

It's like the sports commentary version of pro wrestling. It's a guilty pleasure.

mdchiefsfan
06-23-2012, 07:32 AM
I didn't say Skip or Stephen A know him. I am refering to those that do. Alot of sport writers know him and it's plain as day in the Mavs finals he was clearly not taking matters into his own hands. He was mentally not there and that is a story that has been written alot and he took alot of heat for his performance. I am simply stating that Cuban is an idiot to think that the Mavs defense did in LJ last season. He said they confused him and his players are smarter than OKC's. What he said is rediculous. I am not defending Skip and his attitude or his opinions. I am bashing Mark Cuban and all his stupid remarks. He said three stupid things.

He didn't say they shut Lebron down, but that the Mavs put Lebron in a position to less likely succeed. Which is true. Because he didn't succeed. You choose to believe reporters that might have the inside edge on what Lebron thinks and feels. I choose to trust Cuban who, without a doubt, has inside knowledge of the Mavs.

Neither one of us can say which is true, but to assume Cuban doesn't know what he is talking about (as hands-on of an owner he is) sets your argument up to fail.

Marcellus
06-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Skip Bayless is the CP of sports media. Hyperbole factory deluxe.

milkman
06-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't care one tiny little bit about what Skip Bayless has to say, or what Mark Cuban has to say in response.

I do know that I would kill to have an owner like Mark Cuban.

This is a guy whose passion for winning is unmatched, but who is also smart enough to recognize that he has let smart basketball people make bsketball decisions.

whoman69
06-23-2012, 12:02 PM

Shawn Marion had an awsome series guarding LaBron and taking him out of his comfort zone. Last year LaBron deferred to DWade who had done it before beating Dallas. This year LaBron had to take charge because Wade wasn't up to it physically. That's the only difference in LaBron. LaBron is just as valuable being a facilitator. Michael would at times do the same thing, play a defensive role and get his teamates involved on the offensive end. He did it in this series too, but this time they came through.

Red Dawg
06-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Dan Patrick? Mr. Suspend everyone. His first thought when there is trouble in a game is to eject everyone the hand out suspensions.

No thanks, Stephen A is better and more level headed.

whoman69
06-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't care one tiny little bit about what Skip Bayless has to say, or what Mark Cuban has to say in response.

This is a guy whose passion for winning is unmatched, but who is also smart enough to recognize that he has let smart basketball people make bsketball decisions.

Definitely glad he didn't buy the Cubs.

whoman69
06-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Dan Patrick? Mr. Suspend everyone. His first thought when there is trouble in a game is to eject everyone the hand out suspensions.

No thanks, Stephen A is better and more level headed.

Is that why he shouts all the time?

Red Dawg
06-23-2012, 02:13 PM
He didn't say they shut Lebron down, but that the Mavs put Lebron in a position to less likely succeed. Which is true. Because he didn't succeed. You choose to believe reporters that might have the inside edge on what Lebron thinks and feels. I choose to trust Cuban who, without a doubt, has inside knowledge of the Mavs.

Neither one of us can say which is true, but to assume Cuban doesn't know what he is talking about (as hands-on of an owner he is) sets your argument up to fail.

So we should take what Cuban says over the nations hundred sports analyst? I am sure they are all wrong and Cuban is right. Have you ever seen anyone shut down Lebron? He's been in the finals three times and never in the playoffs or in any game has anyone ever shut him down. He's deferred and passed the ball in the fourth quarter and stuff like that but it's not becaue of a teams defense. Cuban only said anything because he's the Mavs owner and they beat Mia last year. He's just gloating and making his team sound better than OKC even though his Mavs couldn't beat Durant but they shut down Lebron because they were smart.

Really?

whoman69
06-23-2012, 03:20 PM
So we should take what Cuban says over the nations hundred sports analyst? I am sure they are all wrong and Cuban is right. Have you ever seen anyone shut down Lebron? He's been in the finals three times and never in the playoffs or in any game has anyone ever shut him down. He's deferred and passed the ball in the fourth quarter and stuff like that but it's not becaue of a teams defense. Cuban only said anything because he's the Mavs owner and they beat Mia last year. He's just gloating and making his team sound better than OKC even though his Mavs couldn't beat Durant but they shut down Lebron because they were smart.

Really?

Different team this year for the Mavs. They did beat OKC last year.

Nobody took the argument to the level of Skip. Some stupid crap about LeBron not having something called a clutch gene. Skip thinks that LeBron should be a one man team every night and just take over every game. LeBron was having a good playoff last year until he hit the Mavericks. What changed? The Mavericks defense. LeBron had five 30 point games in last years playoffs, none against the Mavs. He was confused, frustrated and taken out of his comfort zone.

Sorter
06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
So we should take what Cuban says over the nations hundred sports analyst? I am sure they are all wrong and Cuban is right.

Really?

Yup. The sports analyst you are defending couldn't even provide a reason as to why you play zone defense, FFS. So, yes, I would defer to Mark Cuban. For example, most media would say that Dorsey/Jackson are busts/suck/etc. However, they are both excellent run defending, 2-gapping, 5-tech DE's and help make our 3-4 better.

Frazod
06-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Definitely glad he didn't buy the Cubs.

Amen to that.

listopencil
06-23-2012, 06:33 PM

This is a guy whose passion for winning is unmatched, but who is also smart enough to recognize that he has let smart basketball people make basketball decisions.

^

Jenson71
06-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Hilarious. Cuban calls Skip for using generalities then Cuban himself says "That is the most ridiculous things a sports writer has ever said" in replying to a comment by skip.

LMAO.

I don't care for either, BTW.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Cuban also said, "You never have facts" which is not only a generality, but a false one (I'm assuming, I've never watched Skip Bayless, but I'm assuming he has reported facts. For instance, "Lebron James was out tonight with a leg injury.")

GloryDayz
06-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I made it 1:53 into it and I've concluded that he's a FAR better owner than Glass and the Hunts put together.

How the hell do we get Glass and the Hunts to sell our teams to this guy? Wow!!! No matter what, he's SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the clowns who own our teams!

Red Dawg
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Different team this year for the Mavs. They did beat OKC last year.

Nobody took the argument to the level of Skip. Some stupid crap about LeBron not having something called a clutch gene. Skip thinks that LeBron should be a one man team every night and just take over every game. LeBron was having a good playoff last year until he hit the Mavericks. What changed? The Mavericks defense. LeBron had five 30 point games in last years playoffs, none against the Mavs. He was confused, frustrated and taken out of his comfort zone.

LJ changed and it wasn't because of the Mavs defense. 2 people in the nation think the Mavs defense changed James. You and Mark Cuban. Who is most likely correct, the sports world analyst and writers or you and Cuban?

Like I said before, in no way am I defending Skip and all his garbage but you sound as nutts as Cuban with the Mavs defense crapla.