PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jerry Sandusky found GUILTY on 45 of 48 counts...

Pages : [1] 2

arrowheadnation
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM
NBC News ‏@NBCNews

Jerry #Sandusky has been found guilty on 45 of the 48 charges against him.

Maximum of 442 years in prison. I bet he doesn't make it 3 years.

Burn in hell...

QuikSsurfer
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Good.. Jail for the rest of his miserable and hopefully LONG life..
Hope he goes straight to jail tonight.

sedated
06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Jail is too good for that despicable monster.

arrowheadnation
06-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Sandusky has been removed from the courtroom in handcuffs.

His asshole in imminent danger.

mikeoxbig
06-22-2012, 08:16 PM
8 year olds, dude.

QuikSsurfer
06-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Sandusky has been removed from the courtroom in handcuffs.

His asshole in imminent danger.

No way they put him in "general population" of prison.

Red Dawg
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
45 fugging counts! Ole Joe really went out winner with this being what will be remembered.

He'll be dead in less than a month.

Bane
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
He should now take a few rage broadheads to The throat.

Fairplay
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Going to prison with nothing but men around could be a fantasy for him.

JoeyChuckles
06-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Jail is too good for that despicable monster.

I think he prefers "tickle monster".

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Hopefully he's placed in general population and he's raped with a rusty pipe, daily.

Then has his skull bashed in.

ChiefRocka
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Whose the little boy in the shower now?!?

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Thank God. I figured it was a foregone conclusion, but I was a little worried with all the Penn Staters on the jury.

ChiTown
06-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey Jerry, watch your corn hole.

RealSNR
06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
What I want to know is the mindset of this guy. Is he just a regular person who can't help it if his wiener goes boing for little boys?

What I mean by that is why did Paterno think he was such a great coach? Like, was he? Were there other emotional/mental issues at hand here that affected his coaching? Like, if you're attracted to children, I'm sorry. There's not much you can do except to hide in your house and go whack it to iCarly. You CANNOT live out your sexual urges. You just can't. But that's no excuse for what he did. The man simply wasn't in control of himself. He didn't have the mental discipline to not fuck boys in the shower.

And to me, if he didn't have the mental discipline to not fuck boys in the shower, why did Paterno think he could be a coach for a premier college football program?

Either way, enjoy the slammer, Jerry.

In58men
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
From Penn State to State Pen

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm sure they'll appeal.

MIAdragon
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
http://hackedirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/epic-win-photos-redneck-justice-win.jpg

stonedstooge
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
His adopted son came out before the verdict that he had been abused too.

arrowheadnation
06-22-2012, 08:42 PM
None of the family shed a tear as the verdict was read.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm sure they'll appeal.

Ha. Good luck with that.

tredadda
06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Looks like he gets to spend the rest of his life getting Sandusky-d by dudes far bigger and badder than him.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Ha. Good luck with that.

Yeah, lets waste more taxpayer's money.

Buehler445
06-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Rot in hell fuckbag.

Al Bundy
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Looks like maybe it finally hit him....
http://media.lockerdome.com/uploads/8d70e47c385f1db55220f40f11fd6c70_large

HonestChieffan
06-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Put him in general population and let this go as it should

Nickel D
06-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Where's the all-out protest from the Penn State students who rallied into the night in support of Joe Paterno last year? Dumb mother****ers!!

ReynardMuldrake
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Fuck him. Throw away the damn key. He should never see daylight again.

Slayer Diablo
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
No way they put him in "general population" of prison.

He should be, but I wonder how that works nowadays. Technically, they can't keep him in solitary because keeping someone that separated from other people for the rest of his life is becoming considered "cruel and unusual." OTOH, he would be in extreme danger if placed with anyone able to take him out. Would they have to recruit sympathizers to go in for visits? Would he just be in a small "protection" cell block that lets its prisoners out one at a time?

Nickel D
06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
In addition to jail time for Sandusky, I propose they have him get with the kids who bullied that wimpy school bus monitor so he can threaten them with sexual abuse but then get him away before any actual abuse occurs.

ZootedGranny
06-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Big Boi of OUTKAST ‏@BigBoi
‪#Sandusky‬ it's Tickle time for real now

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
And to me, if he didn't have the mental discipline to not **** boys in the shower, why did Paterno think he could be a coach for a premier college football program?

He didn't process the things he did as at all wrong. Those types never do. They see it as a loving caring relationship that other people simply don't understand.

Obviously that is wrong but I have thought about the issues you brought up and it makes more sense to me with that in mind.

ohiobronco2
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
To bad his fucking wife can't have a cell next to him. You know that bitch knew what was going on.

Easy 6
06-22-2012, 09:58 PM
The bulky, brown pedobear jacket is a perfect touch.

ohiobronco2
06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
The bulky, brown pedobear jacket is a perfect touch.

http://www.farkriffic.com/farks/sandusky_igotnext.gif

Lumpy
06-22-2012, 10:05 PM
ROFL

Lumpy
06-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh... and I hope Sandusky has fun in prison! That piece of shit deserves to be someone's bitch! :cuss:

J Diddy
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
He should be, but I wonder how that works nowadays. Technically, they can't keep him in solitary because keeping someone that separated from other people for the rest of his life is becoming considered "cruel and unusual." OTOH, he would be in extreme danger if placed with anyone able to take him out. Would they have to recruit sympathizers to go in for visits? Would he just be in a small "protection" cell block that lets its prisoners out one at a time?

I'm pretty sure they isolate the pedos together.

beach tribe
06-22-2012, 10:26 PM
8 year olds, dude.
ROFL
Mfn Rep.

listopencil
06-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Whose the little boy in the shower now?!?

/thread

Chiefs Pantalones
06-22-2012, 10:35 PM
He didn't do it. /penn state students

J Diddy
06-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Going to prison with nothing but men around could be a fantasy for him.

Everything I've ever read about abuse like this is that the abuse has more to do with power than sexual urges. He's about to lose the power end of this deal and be fisted by everyone who wants to.

Rasputin
06-22-2012, 10:46 PM
R.I.H

Pushead2
06-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Burn in fucking hell.

He'll be dead from suicide in under a year.

Bwana
06-22-2012, 10:57 PM
When he hits the joint, he is going to get bored out like a race car engine. Hopefully after that, he catches a shank.

wazu
06-22-2012, 11:05 PM
When he hits the joint, he is going to get bored out like a race car engine. Hopefully after that, he catches a shank.

I'd like to believe this, but as I understand prisons protect child molesters. Giving them special treatment because they know they will be targeted, and separating them from the others so they can live on happily, without the fear of living hell that is reserved for, say, marijuana dealers or people with 3 DUIs.

Bump
06-22-2012, 11:10 PM
they are just gonna put him in the protective custody part of the prison. I doubt the prison code will apply to him.

Bwana
06-22-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd like to believe this, but as I understand prisons protect child molesters. Giving them special treatment because they know they will be targeted, and separating them from the others so they can live on happily, without the fear of living hell that is reserved for, say, marijuana dealers or people with 3 DUIs.

They can't keep him from encountering others, in a prison that size. At some point in time, karma is going to catch the bastard, mark my words.

luv
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, lets waste more taxpayer's money.

It's not a murder trial. They'll have to have grounds for an appeal.

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 11:26 PM

they are just gonna put him in the protective custody part of the prison. I doubt the prison code will apply to him.

Maybe true, but as long as he never gets free, I don't really care.

BigMeatballDave
06-22-2012, 11:28 PM
It's not a murder trial. They'll have to have grounds for an appeal.

Oh, okay.

Fish
06-22-2012, 11:30 PM
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7034/snlsandusky.jpg

You’ll be going back to the showers, and the only speed your gonna reach is 88 dudes per hour, and we ain’t talkin about no flux capacitor, we talkin about a butt capacity, and yours just hit 1.21 jizzawats!

You’ll be wonkin some willy’s alright, and they’ll be tourin your chocolate factory, and be givin you an everlasting butt stopper, and the tiny people won’t be orange they’ll be freaky hispanic and chinese dudes.

It won’t be a lion, a tin man, and a scarecrow, it will be you lying around ten men like a scared ho, and don’t look behind the shower curtain or you’ll become the wonderful wizard of ass!

You won’t be home alone, you’ll be in prison gettin boned, and you be hit in face with cans of paint, you’ll get hit in face with nuts and taint, and you’ll be making this face alright (makes screaming face with hands on cheeks), but it won’t be a scream comin out, it will be a dude going in!

It ain’t gon be no hangover, it gon be you bent-over, and they’ll have a wild night inside of you you’ll wish you’ll forget, and it won’t be a baby in a papoose it will be a baby arm in your caboose, and it ain’t gon be no mike tyson, it gon be, well there’s a good chance it will be mike tyson, and remember what they say, what happens in your ass, stays in your ass!

It ain’t gon be no colin firth, they’ll be going into you colon first, and it wont be helena botam carter, it will be a hell of a boning in your farter, and you won’t be the king of england, you’ll be the queen of s-s-s-s-ucking d-d-d-d-d

The only small town you’ll be in is a prison! And you’ll be dealing with a hog alright, but this hog ain’t gon pop out of the ground, it’s gonna pop out of a hole in your cell mates pants, and it’s not gonna matter if it’s spring time, it’s gonna be ding a ling time!

kysirsoze
06-22-2012, 11:34 PM
and it won’t be a baby in a papoose it will be a baby arm in your caboose, and it ain’t gon be no mike tyson, it gon be, well there’s a good chance it will be mike tyson

LMAO

|Zach|
06-22-2012, 11:38 PM
So I have no actual knowledge of prisons. I understand all the jokes about butt fucking and everything you hear about prison...I am obviously not saying it doesn't happen but as someone completely ignorant of that whole world who true to life are all the jokes that are always made.

How close to reality are the never ending butt sex prison jokes.

Demonpenz
06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
the wire, oz, american history x have the best Butt Sex Prision joke scenes...real knee slappers!

-King-
06-22-2012, 11:53 PM
He'll kill himself by the 3rd year.

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
So I have no actual knowledge of prisons. I understand all the jokes about butt fucking and everything you hear about prison...I am obviously not saying it doesn't happen but as someone completely ignorant of that whole world who true to life are all the jokes that are always made.

How close to reality are the never ending butt sex prison jokes.I'd say its fairly common.

Have you heard the term 'Tossing Salad'?

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 12:02 AM
He'll kill himself by the 3rd year.

I bet someone kills him by yr 2.

It happened to Dahmer.

|Zach|
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM
I'd say its fairly common.

Have you heard the term 'Tossing Salad'?

I have...but everyone that talks about all this stuff really has no idea what they are actually talking about. Again not saying all this does not exist...but its like...I dont know anyone who knows shit about the reality of being in prison.

boogblaster
06-23-2012, 12:06 AM
bend over and spread em .....

Quesadilla Joe
06-23-2012, 12:16 AM

They would move him into an area of the jail that housed other pedos.

Phobia
06-23-2012, 12:24 AM
I have...but everyone that talks about all this stuff really has no idea what they are actually talking about. Again not saying all this does not exist...but its like...I dont know anyone who knows shit about the reality of being in prison.

I'm not really interested enough to conduct any research on the matter. I'm guessing if you talked to freed prisoners they're probably not going to really want to break it down in detail. So my common sense answer is, it's not quite as bad as Hollywood would lead you to believe but it's not uncommon either.

|Zach|
06-23-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm not really interested enough to conduct any research on the matter. I'm guessing if you talked to freed prisoners they're probably not going to really want to break it down in detail. So my common sense answer is, it's not quite as bad as Hollywood would lead you to believe but it's not uncommon either.

Sounds about right.

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 12:57 AM
Civil suits should be coming against Penn State.

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-guilty-verdict-victims-heroes-penn-state-civil-suits-.html

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – Juror No. 4, the foreman, gray-haired and middle-aged, stood high in the back row of the jurors' box, looked down at some sheets of paper, then at Jerry Sandusky and began to deliver a verdict a long, sad time coming.
Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Of indecent assault. Of endangering the welfare of children.
Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Of terrorizing the poorest and most vulnerable of this area's youth. Of abusing his fame as a former Penn State defensive coordinator. Of conducting a charade of charitable work to supposedly help children.
Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Forty-five times it rang out. Juror No. 4 hammered each one home with the independent force each one deserved.
There were just three charges Sandusky escaped on. After each of those not guilty counts, it seemed that the foreman raised his voice as he returned to this parade of guilty verdicts.

He seemed to make sure each count deserved its own moment to linger, to emphasize the torture and pain and shattered innocence it produced. Oral sex. Anal sex. Fondling. One despicable act worse than the next.
This here was a night of redemption, a predator laid bare with nowhere to hide, with no more lies to tell, with no one left to save him.
"Mr. Sandusky," Judge John Cleland said when this dramatic, nearly eight-minute condemnation was finally, fully read, "you have been found guilty by a jury of your peers."
Sandusky, clad in slacks and a brown sport coat, stood mostly motionless throughout, looking up at Juror 4 as the truth was slammed down onto him, as the light was finally and irrevocable cast on his behavior. His left hand was placed casually in his pocket while behind him his wife, Dottie, three adopted sons and an adopted daughter either shook their heads at the jury or openly wept.
Moments later Sandusky gave a quick wave to his family as he was led out sheriff's deputies. Judge Cleland will sentence him formally in about 90 days.

The 68-year-old faces up to 442 years behind bars, or what might as well be forever and ever and ever some more. His defense attorney, Joe Amendola, hinted at an appeal, but it likely would be fruitless.
On the other side of the courtroom, Victim No. 6, who as an 11 year-old in 1998 was abused by Sandusky in a Penn State locker room shower, an act that was investigated but never prosecuted, laid his head on the top of the bench in front of him and sobbed uncontrollably. He was soon hugging family members who had joined him.
"I'm just overwhelmed," he said, now a grown man, strong and no longer timid in the face of an old pathetic coach.

Soon reporters were racing out of the courthouse, set to break the news of the guilty verdict to a huge throng that had gathered on the steps. Dottie Sandusky was kneeling by then in front of her family, trying to provide comfort when the word of the verdict hit the masses.
The roaring cheers and screams of joy swept right through the courthouse door, up the stairs and into the second-floor courtroom. They startled Dottie, whose head snapped up at the noise and then sunk down as she realized the people of Centre County were celebrating her husband's demise.
Sandusky will be held at the local jail until he can be evaluated by the state prison system and assigned accordingly. He is expected to wind up in protective custody, away from the general population, for his own protection. That likely means 23 hours a day in a 6- by 8-foot cell. In other words, a concrete box of hell.
"He was prepared to go to jail tonight," Amendola said. "Mentally prepared. He's not scared. I think given the circumstances of the case and how the trial was going he knew this was coming.
"This is not a surprise. This is what everyone expected."
Amendola said Sandusky's one regret was not being able to "tell his story" from the witness stand. His 33-year-old adoptive son, Matt, determined during the trial that Jerry abused him as a child. He made himself available as a prosecution witness. Matt couldn't be called, however, unless the state had introduced the incidents on a cross-examination of Jerry Sandusky. It was too much for the defense to risk.
"Even though Jerry, Dottie and the other kids deny Matt's allegation, it would've been explosive," Amendola said. "There was no way Jerry could testify without Matt being called."

They walked Sandusky out the back door of the courthouse and to a waiting sheriff's vehicle, just 50 yards downhill from where they used to hang criminals in the courtyard of the old county jail.
Back then they'd invite as many people as they could fit to ring the gallows and bear witness. Those that couldn't gain admission would climb the roofs of local houses to watch the execution from high above in this old tightly packed, Victorian downtown.
That was the 1800s, but things haven't changed so much; just five miles from here, at the Rockville prison, is the state's execution chamber. And in Bellefonte tradition, a crowd gathered to jeer and scream Friday night behind the courthouse, to let their venom ring around Sandusky's head for eternity.
Happy Valley, indeed.

The verdict ended the fallacy that this was an area too devoted to Penn State football to render a fair and proper judgment. The anger at Sandusky was deeper than the outside world could fathom. There may have been a conspiracy to protect Sandusky in the highest levels of Penn State. That will be played out in legal proceedings against university officials, an independent investigation set for release next month and the inevitable slew of civil cases to come that will seek to tap into the school's $1.8 billion endowment.
None of that represents the rank and file here, not the good people who never hesitated to see Sandusky as a monster and were pained when he seemingly dragged the entire region's reputation down with him.
For at least 15 years Sandusky quietly stalked this idyllic, Rockwellian community, preying on its most susceptible boys. Using his Second Mile charity to meet at-risk kids, he often fostered relationships with the poor, the fatherless, the troubled or even simply the bored.
In one haunting bit of testimony, Victim No. 4 recounted that he compartmentalized the sexual abuse from Sandusky, and endured teasing from classmates who suspected something inappropriate because he had so few positives in his life. The chance to leave his little town and troubled home for afternoons hanging around the Penn State football program were enough, he testified.
"I thought, 'I didn't want to lose this. This is something good happening to me,' " he said.
This, time and again, is whom Sandusky chose to target, to trick, to molest, to injure forever. Under the camouflage of mentoring, he stripped them of their innocence and left them in a confused heap in an empty locker room or alone in a dark basement, used and discarded on some creepy waterbed.
During this trial a parade of victims overcame their own fear and embarrassment to detail, often with chilling testimony through sobs and gasped breath what Sandusky did to them. They uncovered a hidden side to this bucolic region, where not everyone is wealthy and educated and as pure as Penn State's famous white uniforms.
They also cried about regret. Victim No. 4, now 28, said he wished he'd summoned the courage to come forward sooner and save the younger victims. Victim No. 9's mother wept at the memories of sending her son, against his wishes, to stay with Sandusky because she believed he needed a positive male role model.
Former Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary noted that he didn't punch out Sandusky when he discovered him in a shower abusing a boy in 2001 and instead let his university bosses handle the case. Which they didn't. A former Penn State police detective conveyed his frustration at not being able to convince the then-district attorney to charge Sandusky in 1998.
On and on it went. Years and years and years. Incident and incident and incident.
Until finally, deep into a warm Friday night, Juror 4 stood up in that box, representing 11 other citizens that had pored over each and every allegation during 21 hours of deliberation, and read from those papers.
Finally, it was over for Sandusky. Finally, the deception and protection were gone. Finally, this once hulking man, backed by the prestige of Nittany Lion football, propped up by the illusion of charitable work, had nowhere to run, no tale to tell, no one capable of keeping him from facing the awful truth of his life.
Guilty. Guilty. Damn, Damn Guilty.

-King-
06-23-2012, 07:18 AM
I bet someone kills him by yr 2.

It happened to Dahmer.

I doubt he'll ever be around other prisoners.
Posted via Mobile Device

luv
06-23-2012, 07:35 AM

You're in a prison with other men. You're never getting out. I'd say it's probably different depending on the prison. My brother was in correctional facilities and jails, and he never worried much about it. I think that's probably due to the fact that none of the guys he was in there with were in there for more than a few years.

DJay23
06-23-2012, 07:36 AM

I was watching a series of prison "reality" programs last night and they interviewed inmates who talked about this stuff. They said murderers get the most respect among the inmates and those convicted of sexual crimes are viewed as weak and are often preyed upon to transfer contraband or for sexual favors.

Chiefnj2
06-23-2012, 08:54 AM
The NCAA should sanction Penn State football for as many years as the University covered up the abuse x3.

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 09:18 AM
The NCAA should sanction Penn State football for as many years as the University covered up the abuse x3.

Actually, the NCAA has no grounds to sanction their program.

As disgusting as this is, it doesnt violate any rules, in this regard.

I suspect they will be paying 100s of millions of dollars out in Civil suits, though.

Chiefshrink
06-23-2012, 09:43 AM
They can't keep him from encountering others, in a prison that size. At some point in time, karma is going to catch the bastard, mark my words.

:thumb:

Veteran guards have their ways and don't think for a moment the head honcho who runs the prison wouldn't look the other way;)

Skyy God
06-23-2012, 10:09 AM
So I have no actual knowledge of prisons. I understand all the jokes about butt ****ing and everything you hear about prison...I am obviously not saying it doesn't happen but as someone completely ignorant of that whole world who true to life are all the jokes that are always made.

How close to reality are the never ending butt sex prison jokes.

They recently changed rape reporting, and there are now roughly 200K+ cases per year.

I.e., it happens all the time.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
i imagine they will put him in PC for his entire sentence.

solitary cell ... separate yard and chow time

someone might get him but a high profile name like him will be segregated most of the time

Brock
06-23-2012, 11:03 AM

And if that doesn't work, send Roger Goodell after them.

Ebolapox
06-23-2012, 11:16 AM
i imagine they will put him in PC for his entire sentence.

solitary cell ... separate yard and chow time

someone might get him but a high profile name like him will be segregated most of the time

didn't work for jeffrey dahmer, did it? he was as high profile as they came...

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 11:27 AM
:shrug:

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Jerry Sandusky spends first night as convicted felon under suicide watch; lawyer says ex-Penn State coach in protective custody

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/jerry-sandusky-spends-night-convicted-felon-suicide-watch-lawyer-ex-penn-state-coach-protective-custody-article-1.1101160#ixzz1ydf8DVtn

Frazod
06-23-2012, 11:36 AM
All I know is that whatever happens to him, it won't be enough. This fucker deserves Nazi death camp treatment BEFORE getting raped in hell for all eternity.

But at least he's molested his last little boy.

milkman
06-23-2012, 11:36 AM

Yet, Charles Manson is still alive.

Ebolapox
06-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Yet, Charles Manson is still alive.

eh, he's likely a hero to many of the prisoners with his wild antics. dahmer was seen as a freak (eh, he was one) and they found a way to kill him.

Frazod
06-23-2012, 11:46 AM
eh, he's likely a hero to many of the prisoners with his wild antics. dahmer was seen as a freak (eh, he was one) and they found a way to kill him.

Manson was IIRC, segregated from the other prisoners because they were afraid of the disruptive influence he'd have over them.

Also he's about 5'1" and probably weighs about 100 pounds. I don't know if you'd get much cred from shanking somebody the size of an average 7th grader. :D

Bugeater
06-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Jerry Sandusky spends first night as convicted felon under suicide watch; lawyer says ex-Penn State coach in protective custody

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/jerry-sandusky-spends-night-convicted-felon-suicide-watch-lawyer-ex-penn-state-coach-protective-custody-article-1.1101160#ixzz1ydf8DVtn
Fuck the suicide watch, let the bag of shit kill himself.

milkman
06-23-2012, 12:34 PM
**** the suicide watch, let the bag of shit kill himself.

Oh hell no.

Make the fucker suffer.

Suicide is the easy way out.

Bugeater
06-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Oh hell no.

Make the fucker suffer.

Suicide is the easy way out.
Unless he's getting subjected to daily ass-rapings he's not suffering enough. I'd rather see the POS dead.

BoneKrusher
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Jerry still gets to play his sex games, only the rules have changed and he gets to be the victim from now on.

Red Dawg
06-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Why should there not be the death penalty for people like him? Seriuosly, most states would probably back up such a law.

qabbaan
06-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Pedos dont do so well in prison, because many inmates have children and many inmates were sexually abused themselves.

Chiefnj2
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Actually, the NCAA has no grounds to sanction their program.

As disgusting as this is, it doesnt violate any rules, in this regard.

I suspect they will be paying 100s of millions of dollars out in Civil suits, though.

I find it very hard to believe that if a student athlete is bought a slice of pizza by an agent the kid can be kicked out of football, but if a University's athletic department covers up multiple counts of child molestation for a decade that their isn't some loophole or rule that the NCAA can't attempt to force on the school.

BigMeatballDave
06-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I find it very hard to believe that if a student athlete is bought a slice of pizza by an agent the kid can be kicked out of football, but if a University's athletic department covers up multiple counts of child molestation for a decade that their isn't some loophole or rule that the NCAA can't attempt to force on the school.

I completely agree.

I do think, however, that this has hurt their recruitment.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Pedos dont do so well in prison, because many inmates have children and many inmates were sexually abused themselves.

Just as likely as it's an excuse to do shit they want to do anyway.

People that rioted about Rodney King didn't give a shit about him they just wanted and excuse to steal shit.

Frazod
06-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Just as likely as it's an excuse to do shit they want to do anyway.

People that rioted about Rodney King didn't give a shit about him they just wanted and excuse to steal shit.

This is different. Being a criminal might make you a scumbag, but it doesn't make you a pervert.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 03:24 PM
This is different. Being a criminal might make you a scumbag, but it doesn't make you a pervert.

being a criminal doesn't make you want to have sex with a man either

You aren't going to fuck a man in the ass unless you wanted to fuck a man in the ass already. Regardless of the reason.

beating the crap out of someone is a general act of aggressive, rape isn't.

DeezNutz
06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Unless he's getting subjected to daily ass-rapings he's not suffering enough. I'd rather see the POS dead.

This is a valid desire because no one wants this sick POS getting any pleasure from the memory of what he did to those children.

Allowing him to live, in a lot of ways, is still punishment for the families involved.

Frazod
06-23-2012, 03:27 PM
being a criminal doesn't make you want to have sex with a man either

You aren't going to fuck a man in the ass unless you wanted to fuck a man in the ass already. Regardless of the reason.

beating the crap out of someone is a general act of aggressive, rape isn't.

Well, I've never been in jail, but I don't think fucking other guys is something everybody in jail partakes in.

And rape is a definite act of aggression.

Brock
06-23-2012, 03:32 PM

People always say that, but they're released by the thousands every year, none the worse for wear.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, I've never been in jail, but I don't think fucking other guys is something everybody in jail partakes in.

And rape is a definite act of aggression.:thumb:

i don't care how pissed off i get at some guy i'm not going to shove my dick up his ass.

punch him repeatedly in the face maybe but ...

i still think male/male rape will only happen if the guy likes that anyway ... pedo doesn't have much to do with it other than being an excuse/target.

JMO

TrebMaxx
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM

WTF??? likely to be transferred to the minimum-security Laurel Highlands State Prison

This MF'er needs to do hard time.

Kirby
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Street cred yo.

Kirby
06-23-2012, 04:30 PM

But some criminals are perverts... therefore making them scumbags x2.

All in all. **** Sandusky. His punishment should be anal probing with various large objects in addition to jail time. Brooms, cucumbers, banana's etc.

jspchief
06-23-2012, 04:47 PM
WTF??? likely to be transferred to the minimum-security Laurel Highlands State Prison

This MF'er needs to do hard time.He has rights that need to be protected.

Sincerely,
The system that failed to protect the real victims

MOhillbilly
06-23-2012, 05:21 PM
People.still thinking that societies systems will save them from anything is also laughable.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2012, 05:23 PM
He has rights that need to be protected.

Sincerely,
The system that failed to protect the real victims
i believe it was the people in the system that failed to protect the victims.

stonedstooge
06-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Bastard needs a Jeffery Dahmer skullfuck

gblowfish
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
He'll die in prison for sure.
And deserves it.

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I got a lot of shit for saying this, but again, Mike McQueary gets some vindication from this whole mess. From the sound of it, every level of authority at Penn State from the police to the head coach who pretty much owned Happy Valley to the Athletic Director to the damn President knew exactly what happened. Think I read that there were tons of discoverable e-mails.

Not that that excuses his inaction. But of all the crooked people in this mess, he's the only who seemed to take any kind of action. It's just a tremendous shame that those with the actual power to put a stop to this did not. That's what scares me most. There are always going to be lunatics. It's scary when there are people powerful enough to let these lunatics run wild.

Otter
06-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I got a lot of shit for saying this, but again, Mike McQueary gets some vindication from this whole mess. From the sound of it, every level of authority at Penn State from the police to the head coach who pretty much owned Happy Valley to the Athletic Director to the damn President knew exactly what happened. Think I read that there were tons of discoverable e-mails.

Not that that excuses his inaction. But of all the crooked people in this mess, he's the only who seemed to take any kind of action. It's just a tremendous shame that those with the actual power to put a stop to this did not. That's what scares me most. There are always going to be lunatics. It's scary when there are people powerful enough to let these lunatics run wild.

Heads are going to be rolling for everyone that enabled Sandusky. Lives are about to be ruined an important men are going to fall.

Trust me. It's not exactly a secret.

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Heads are going to be rolling for everyone that enabled Sandusky. Lives are about to be ruined an important men are going to fall.

Trust me. It's not exactly a secret.

It sounds like they've got a treasure trove of information. I hope they find every last one of them and make them pay and I'm glad this case if high profile enough that no way do these guys get off light. But in the end, it's one of those cases where I think the whistleblower got a lot of shit for what was a broken system. No school, coach, or anybody should be above the law.

Otter
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
It sounds like they've got a treasure trove of information. I hope they find every last one of them and make them pay and I'm glad this case if high profile enough that no way do these guys get off light. But in the end, it's one of those cases where I think the whistleblower got a lot of shit for what was a broken system. No school, coach, or anybody should be above the law.

Agree. I hope that mother fucker rots.

milkman
06-24-2012, 08:27 PM

I've seen your whole "McQuerry was worried about his job and his future in the world of college athletics" argument.

It's complete utter bullshit.

Be a man and do the right thing.
Not doing anymore than reporting it to Paterno is not the right thing.

If the college football world shuns him for reporting child molestation, then why the hell would you want to work in an environment that shuns a man for bringing to light such a heinious act?

Strongside
06-24-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm guessing Sandy's first few months in the pen are going to look something like this...

http://i.imgur.com/tODnQ.gif

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I've seen your whole "McQuerry was worried about his job and his future in the world of college athletics" argument.

If the college football world shuns him for reporting child molestation, then why the hell would you want to work in an environment that shuns a man for bringing to light such a heinious act?

I said that was one thought that probably runs through the head of any whistleblower. Not the only thought.

I also said that doing the right thing means having an entire army of reckless Penn State fans calling in death threats to you, your family, your kids, maybe for the rest of your life. I said that the way the power system worked at Penn State, there are people in that alumni organization who can make sure your life is a living nightmare. And by the way, I believe I read a report that whistleblowers often don't quit their job out of fear. It's human to be scared. Maybe he was even threatened by authorities not to squeal. That doesn't excuse or justify the actions, but it's important to remember that he's a human who has every right to be afraid.

From the sound of it, McQueary's account was specific enough that every single person in the University from the President down to the police were completely aware of what was going on. And I'm sure McQueary knew everybody knew and was deliberately trying to cover it up. What is a 25 year old person supposed to do when all levels of authority know in graphic detail the horrible nature of what happened and do nothing.

I think people are really underestimating that this is David going against Goliath. Nobody is celebrating him for being some great guy. I just don't think you can get too critical of a guy asked to throw stones at Goliath and not be a little bit scared.

Gonzo
06-24-2012, 09:17 PM
:thumb:

i don't care how pissed off i get at some guy i'm not going to shove my dick up his ass.

punch him repeatedly in the face maybe but ...

JMO

You are such a goddamned liar. You must face the truth someday. When you do, I shall applaud you, poofter.

|Zach|
06-24-2012, 09:54 PM

I agree with everything written above but I was thinking about this the other day. This isn't saying that he shouldn't have spoken up or anything at all but imagine...

You grow up a huge Penn St fan...it is in your family you go to games...it just a huge part of your world. You go to college there...maybe play ball and then you get your dream job of being able to coach there. Trying to work up the ladder yada yada...your history your current job your whole ecosytem is based on one school.

Then you see what he saw...

You know its wrong you know you need to report it.

But you also know you are irreparably damaging forever something that is a huge part of your life and the life of your family. You know you are sinking the whole fucking ship/

My god that would suck.

milkman
06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree with everything written above but I was thinking about this the other day. This isn't saying that he shouldn't have spoken up or anything at all but imagine...

You grow up a huge Penn St fan...it is in your family you go to games...it just a huge part of your world. You go to college there...maybe play ball and then you get your dream job of being able to coach there. Trying to work up the ladder yada yada...your history your current job your whole ecosytem is based on one school.

But you also know you are irreparably damaging forever something that is a huge part of your life and the life of your family. You know you are sinking the whole ****ing ship/

My god that would suck.

Then I think to myself, what if my son someday comes into contact with and becomes the victim of a predator like Jerry Sandusky, whose predatoty ways are allowed to continue because of the inaction of one man.

That trumps any excuse made by anyone for this useless coward.

|Zach|
06-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Then I think to myself, what if my son someday comes into contact with and becomes the victim of a predator like Jerry Sandusky, whose predatoty ways are allowed to continue because of the inaction of one man.

Complete agreement.

Just shitty all around.

Bump
06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
if Sandusky were a priest, he'd be a legend.

WhiteWhale
06-24-2012, 10:22 PM

But you also know you are irreparably damaging forever something that is a huge part of your life and the life of your family. You know you are sinking the whole ****ing ship/

My god that would suck.

I understand what you're saying. You're right in many ways.

However I can only speak of myself. I am a selfless person. I could never handle the guilt of knowing someone suffered because of my inaction. I would, quite literally, want to kill myself in that situation. My personal suffering is something I can deal with... but the suffering of someone else because of me? I can't. It's an incredibly unattractive trait to women (selflessness), but it's who I am and I don't apologize for it.

Having been the 'victim' of an attempted molestation as a child, I can say that these people need stabbed in the face and die as soon as possible. I'd love to be the official 'molester killer' of the gov't. Give me a title and I'll fucking kill all these motherfuckers personally.

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2012, 10:32 PM

Let's get one thing straight. The head coach of PSU and one of the most powerful men in the state had the power to do something, and did nothing. The Vice President of PSU and the head of the campus police, knew in explicit detail what happened, and did nothing. The athletic department head knew in explicit detail what happened and did nothing. McQueary met with all three of those guys. Those are three guys with the power to do something, and they didn't.

You have to imagine a young, 28-year old kid sitting in an office with those 3 powerful guys on separate instances and telling them that one of the most popular coaches in Pennsylvania and a legend was guilty of molesting kids, something that he couldn't prove beyond an eyewitness account. When they didn't do anything, you'd have to imagine a 28-year old man going to the press and taking down Jerry Sandusky, and Joe Paterno for doing nothing. Hell, Steve Bartman was crucified for making the most innocent mistake in history and he's had to live in hiding ever since. You're asking McQueary to take down a legendary defensive coordinator, the most popular head coach possibly in the history of college football, and to send the Penn State program down in flames. Let me also add that this went quiet for years and years and years. That shit doesn't stay quiet unless someone is actively making sure it stays quiet. You have no idea if McQueary was threatened to keep his mouth shut.

What McQueary had the ability to stop was on the day of. And details are sketchy as to how much he did to make sure the victim was no longer being abused. That was cowardly, yes. But after the incident... you're asking one 28 year old man to take down Godzilla with his own bare hands. It's inaccurate to say he did nothing.

Raiderhater
06-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I said that was one thought that probably runs through the head of any whistleblower. Not the only thought.

I also said that doing the right thing means having an entire army of reckless Penn State fans calling in death threats to you, your family, your kids, maybe for the rest of your life. I said that the way the power system worked at Penn State, there are people in that alumni organization who can make sure your life is a living nightmare. And by the way, I believe I read a report that whistleblowers often don't quit their job out of fear. It's human to be scared. Maybe he was even threatened by authorities not to squeal. That doesn't excuse or justify the actions, but it's important to remember that he's a human who has every right to be afraid.

From the sound of it, McQueary's account was specific enough that every single person in the University from the President down to the police were completely aware of what was going on. And I'm sure McQueary knew everybody knew and was deliberately trying to cover it up. What is a 25 year old person supposed to do when all levels of authority know in graphic detail the horrible nature of what happened and do nothing.

I think people are really underestimating that this is David going against Goliath. Nobody is celebrating him for being some great guy. I just don't think you can get too critical of a guy asked to throw stones at Goliath and not be a little bit scared.

Your point might have some validity with me if this were a case of him running across some sort of paper trail, or over heard some people talking about it. But to actually catch the motherf#cker in the act, being there in the moment and worrying about your career? Sorry, the only thing that should have been running through his mind at that point was, "Stop this NOW!".

That is where it becomes absolutely in comprehensible and unforgivable.

chiefzilla1501
06-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Your point might have some validity with me if this were a case of him running across some sort of paper trail, or over heard some people talking about it. But to actually catch the motherf#cker in the act, being there in the moment and worrying about your career? Sorry, the only thing that should have been running through his mind at that point was, "Stop this NOW!".

That is where it becomes absolutely in comprehensible and unforgivable.

Sorry, this is my undergrad psychology background coming out in me. There is an enormous amount of evidence that it is HUMAN NATURE to panic when confronted by an authority figure. Sandusky wasn't just an average person or a peer. He was the second most powerful and popular man in Penn State history. Beloved by everyone in a state full of unbelievably rabid Penn State fans. There was a lot more to lose than career. Again, as I mentioned before... these kinds of huge violations don't stay a secret that long unless there are people up top actively making it clear the consequences of ratting someone like Sandusky out.

In the midst of turning in a guy of that stature, he probably panicked like a coward. But after that, at least he's one of the few who at least tried to make it right.

Simply Red
06-24-2012, 11:57 PM
shoot 'dis piece of shit.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 06:35 AM
Sorry, this is my undergrad psychology background coming out in me. There is an enormous amount of evidence that it is HUMAN NATURE to panic when confronted by an authority figure. Sandusky wasn't just an average person or a peer. He was the second most powerful and popular man in Penn State history. Beloved by everyone in a state full of unbelievably rabid Penn State fans. There was a lot more to lose than career. Again, as I mentioned before... these kinds of huge violations don't stay a secret that long unless there are people up top actively making it clear the consequences of ratting someone like Sandusky out.

In the midst of turning in a guy of that stature, he probably panicked like a coward. But after that, at least he's one of the few who at least tried to make it right.

Sorry, this is my common sense nature coming out in me. There is enormous evidence that it is HUMAN NATURE to protect a child that is in danger. The fact that McQueary did not impulsively go over and pound Sandusky into oblivion when he caught him in the horrific act speaks volumes about the man's weak character.

Seriously, who just turns there back on a scene like that?

Chiefnj2
06-25-2012, 07:37 AM

Apparently the entire Penn State University.

Fish
06-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Jerry Sandusky Serenaded by Prison Inmates After Guilty Verdict (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/06/jerry-sandusky-serenaded-by-prison-inmates-after-guilty-verdict/)
by DeWon Rucker | Posted on Sunday, June 24th, 2012

By now the news that Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 counts is well known throughout the country. Most people feel that justice was served and apparently the jurors feel the same. What we did not know is how his first night in jail went, until now that is. According to Andrew Strickler of The Daily, Sandusky might not be a big fan of Pink Floyd.

“As soon as the lights went out at night, Sandusky’s fellow inmates…serenaded him with a chorus from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”:

“Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone!”

It is well documented how inmates feel about the type of crimes that Mr. Sandusky was convicted of, and it appears that they were making their opinions known. With Sandusky facing a possible 442 years in prison, he might become very familiar with the entire Pink Floyd catalog before it is all said and done.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry, this is my common sense nature coming out in me. There is enormous evidence that it is HUMAN NATURE to protect a child that is in danger. The fact that McQueary did not impulsively go over and pound Sandusky into oblivion when he caught him in the horrific act speaks volumes about the man's weak character.

Again, I would like to think I'd do the same. I thinking we oversimplify now easy it would ne to take down Goliath. It's real easy to act tough when we aren't put in that situation. This isnt just beqting up a guy at a bar. This is beating up a boss and one with an insane amount of influence.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Apparently the entire Penn State University.

Exactly. A llot of people knew. Probably some rwally good people. Yet this waa kept a secret which in this modern era is nothing short of a miracle.

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that people knew to keep their mouths shut becausw they feared the consequences of speaking up. That's unfortunately what ncaafb is now about.

ReynardMuldrake
06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Exactly. A llot of people knew. Probably some rwally good people. Yet this waa kept a secret which in this modern era is nothing short of a miracle.

Which leads to the obvious conclusion that people knew to keep their mouths shut becausw they feared the consequences of speaking up. That's unfortunately what ncaafb is now about.

Drunk? Or just posting from an iPhone?

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Drunk? Or just posting from an iPhone?

IPhone. God I wish I was drunk.

stevieray
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
'zilla still holding on to that same line of bs?

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
'zilla still holding on to that same line of bs?

There is a reason there are whistleblower laws.
Nobody can seem to answer how so many people kept this a secret for so long. Except that there is an unspoken rule that you do not act above the beloved Penn state. Because you know there are consequences.

I blame the system. And believe Schultz and curley should be forced to share a cell with sandusky. I'm not going to stand here and act holier than a young naive guy that made the wrong call in a decision with very heavy consequences. At least he had the guts to speak up which is more than a lot of people would have done.

luv
06-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Have they released the sentencing date? The last I heard is that he could receive at least 60 years.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Again, I would like to think I'd do the same. I thinking we oversimplify now easy it would ne to take down Goliath. It's real easy to act tough when we aren't put in that situation. This isnt just beqting up a guy at a bar. This is beating up a boss and one with an insane amount of influence.

Dude, you are whacked in the head.

Perv State is looking for mentally weak and paranoid individuals like you. I hear they have some openings now, might ought to apply.

Huffmeister
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Have they released the sentencing date? The last I heard is that he could receive at least 60 years.

Not sure when then sentencing will be, but this article mentions that he is 'expected' to be sentenced to more than 400 years.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-24/sports/sns-rt-us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbcbre85n0or-20120624_1_sandusky-attorney-sandusky-lawyers-judge-john-cleland

As others have said, it's just too bad he won't be alive for all 400.

luv
06-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Not sure when then sentencing will be, but this article mentions that he is 'expected' to be sentenced to more than 400 years.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-24/sports/sns-rt-us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbcbre85n0or-20120624_1_sandusky-attorney-sandusky-lawyers-judge-john-cleland

As others have said, it's just too bad he won't be alive for all 400.

Yeah, considering he's on suicide watch, between that and the general population's despise for child molesters, I don't think he'll serve a year of that before he's in a body bag.

stevieray
06-25-2012, 10:55 AM
There is a reason there are whistleblower laws.
Nobody can seem to answer how so many people kept this a secret for so long. Except that there is an unspoken rule that you do not act above the beloved Penn state. Because you know there are consequences.

I blame the system. And believe Schultz and curley should be forced to share a cell with sandusky. I'm not going to stand here and act holier than a young naive guy that made the wrong call in a decision with very heavy consequences. At least he had the guts to speak up which is more than a lot of people would have done.

damn the consequences.

it's not the systems fault. it's you advocating that a career is/was more important than stopping a child from being SEXUALLY ASSAULTED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. you take on five goliaths if need be.

more than lot of people would have done? I highly doubt it.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah, considering he's on suicide watch, between that and the general population's despise for child molesters, I don't think he'll serve a year of that before he's in a body bag.

Assuming they do the right thing and put him in general population...

ModSocks
06-25-2012, 10:57 AM
“As soon as the lights went out at night, Sandusky’s fellow inmates…serenaded him with a chorus from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

luv
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Assuming they do the right thing and put him in general population...

Which makes me wonder how much money he has. Or will he just be on suicide watch for the rest of his life?

ChiefRocka
06-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm on the fence here. Sure he didn't do "enough" but a lot of people here claiming they would have are playing Monday morning quarterback. To say you would have done something means squat. The reallity is very few people "would" stop to help at a horrific car accident if they were first on the scene.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Dude, you are whacked in the head.

Perv State is looking for mentally weak and paranoid individuals like you. I hear they have some openings now, might ought to apply.

I'm talking reality. I'm talking about good people turning into nazis because of fear of authority. Im talking about 90+% of employees who choose not to bblow the whistle to report unspeakable acts. I'm talking about psychological studies where people ley a mudervctim die in broad daylight. Or where good people shocked a guy in anothet room with lethal volts of electricity because they were scared of authority.

The problem isn't weak individuals as much as it is a system that weakens individuals to act appropriately. We all act tough but there are numerous studies that show people don't always act in the best way when undet pressure.

ReynardMuldrake
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Interesting first-hand account of the Sandusky verdict:

The Jerry Sandusky trial was civilized and surprisingly efficient. The trial was overseen by an old-school judge named John M. Cleland.

Cordial, precise, Judge Cleland was the firm hand in control of everything. He tolerated no distractions or chatter. He radiated neutrality and probity. The judge was an outsider, brought into Centre County from a county further north. One sensed that he came from a different era as well. One of the reporters suggested that Cleland had a passing resemblance to the actor Harry Morgan in his Colonel Potter role.

At one point during the trial Cleland had to make a ruling on a tricky issue regarding the admission into evidence of some hearsay, an “excited utterance” by a janitor who had seen Sandusky assaulting a boy in a shower. One of the lawyers, arguing his case, told the judge that “the trend” in legal circles was to think in a certain way about such evidentiary questions. Cleland spread his hands wide, smiled broadly, and said, “You’re talking to the wrong court about trends.”

Cleland’s decorum order, handed down before the trial began, declared that there would be no live coverage of the trial, no electronic transmission from his courtroom, and certainly nothing so gauche and potentially disruptive as the tweeting of the verdict. Only when he adjourned, he said, could the reporters transmit to the world the jury’s decision. A violation of this order would risk a finding of contempt of court.

There was a quickening of activity in the courtroom Friday night around 8:30, though we didn’t know yet if there was a verdict. Then came the word on Twitter that Sandusky had been seen leaving his house as a passenger in a county vehicle. That meant a verdict. At 9:30 p.m. came the official word that a verdict had been reached. It takes 20 minutes to get from Sandusky’s home to the courthouse in Bellefonte.

At about 9:50, Dottie Sandusky, four kids and a daughter-in-law emerged from a back room, and took up positions in the front two rows. As they huddled, they looked isolated — their friends who had attended much of the trial hadn’t made it back to the courtroom in time for the verdict, and the doors were now locked. No one could come in or out.

Jerry Sandusky emerged solo from a rear door, looked at the packed courtroom — for a second he seemed slightly bewildered — and immediately disappeared into a different back room. (His movements remain quick and agile, a reminder that, although he’s 68, he’s always been an athlete and fitness buff.) Then he and his lawyers came out and took their usual positions at the defense table. The judge called in the jury. Sandusky appeared about 9:50. Dottie Sandusky, four kids and a daughter-in-law took up positions in the front two rows. The judge called in the jury.

“I am aware that this is a case of considerable interest to many people,” Cleland said in a typical understatment. “We will tolerate no disruption by any person regardless of what the verdict is. The sheriffs have been directed to arrest anyone who disrupts these proceedings.”

Everything went according to script, which is to say, tradition, legal custom, the rules of criminal procedure, all the way down to the direction by the judge for the accused to stand to hear his fate.

Juror No. 4, the jury foreman, read the verdict. When he said, for the first time, “Guilty,” there was nothing but silence in the room. Forty-five times the foreman said “guilty.” (“The verdict ended the fallacy that this was an area too devoted to Penn State football to render a fair and proper judgment,” Dan Wetzel wrote at Yahoo Sports.)

The prosecution had won the case on the very first day of testimony, when “Victim 4” took the stand and told his story. He was devastatingly credible. He spoke frankly, graphically. It was a brave performance, prefiguring the courage of the other seven victims who came forward later. When Victim 4 was at his most vulnerable as a boy, lacking a father figure, Sandusky had swooped in like a guardian angel, only to reveal himself, gradually, as a fiend. The testimony from Victim 4 was accompanied by “creepy love letters” that Sandusky had written to him. Any reasonable juror could see, from these letters, that Sandusky had an abnormal fixation on the boy not yet in high school. The defense later presented an ineffectual expert witness saying that Sandusky suffers from Histrionic Personality Disorder, but to jury it surely sounded like a junk diagnosis characterized by squishy symptoms (for example, a need for attention and intimacy, which describes almost all human beings), and the judge pointedly told the jury that it didn’t matter in any case since such an alleged disorder was not an excuse for criminal activity.

Victim 4 described how he and Sandusky would never discuss the abuse. It would happen, and then they’d act like it didn’t happen. One time in a hotel room the boy woke to find that he was being groped by Sandusky as Sandusky lay crammed in a narrow space between the bed and the wall. Sandusky didn’t need to be in that space to do what he wanted to do. But it was as if he was hiding from the world, putting his pedophile self in a compartment of sorts, to make it easier to pretend later that the crime wasn’t real, or that it never happened.at all.

Sandusky was acquitted on only three of the counts, charges that were fairly narrowly defined. Reporters and legal experts had expected some kind of “mixed” verdict, but this hardly fit that definition. The jury found that Sandusky molested all the boys, all 10, including the two never identified. It was a thunderous, unambiguous verdict that Sandusky was a predatory pedophile. This jury squashed him like a bug.

Cleland turned to Sandusky and addressed him. To my recollection (I could be mistaken here) Cleland had never addressed Sandusky directly in open court. He had always spoken to Sandusky’s attorneys. His voice suddenly struck me as louder than I’d heard before – a tone of justice being implemented, of the society speaking through this one veteran, gray-haired, bespectacled judge. “Mr Sandusky you have been found guilty by a jury of your peers,” he said.

Prosecutor Joe McGettigan asked the judge to vacate the bail; defense attorney Joe Amendola countered that Sandusky should be permitted to stay under house arrest until sentencing, Cleland denied the motion and ordered Sandusky remanded to the custody of the Centre County Sheriff, to be taken to the Centre County Correctional Facility. A young, strapping officer suddenly walked out of a door behind and to the left of the judge. He gently approached Sandusky. I wondered if he would be handcuffed right there, but no, the choreography had been worked out in advance, and perhaps the judge felt, in his old-school way, that there was no need for further dramatics in his courtroom. So Sandusky simply turned away from his lawyers and followed the young sheriff’s deputy out of the room.

The judge declared the trial adjourned. Every reporter hit transmit, except for a few who dashed for the door and down the stairs. (I saw a clip on CNN later in which you could see Sara Ganim, who won the Pulitzer after she broke the Sandusky story, running down the courthouse steps with a cellphone to one ear and her laptop open in her opposite hand – transmitting two ways while running toward the cameras. Kids, don’t try this at home.)

In the courtroom, we suddenly heard it: The cheer. The roar. I had not known that so large a throng had formed during the roughly 90 minutes we’d been in the courtroom anticipating a possible verdict. The sound was unmistakably that of many hundreds of people learning the verdict and cheering with joy. The analogy is impossible to avoid: It was the cheer you hear at a football game when a team scores the winning touchdown.

Outside, no decorum order applied.

The Sandusky trial was, taken on the whole, a triumph of the legal system, even as the many decades of Sandusky’s predation on pre-pubescent boys represented a catastrophic failure of oversight and perception by the institutions surrounding him.

There was one scene I didn’t see, because it happened at the rear of the courthouse: The perp walk. Sandusky emerged handcuffed, flanked by sheriffs. He shook his head slightly as, jeered by onlookers, he walked toward the cameras and was stuffed into a sheriff’s car. Later that night CNN ran the perp walk on a continuous loop.

What happened in the courtroom itself was never seen or heard by the general public. But it was burned, forever, into the memories of those who were there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/achenblog/post/jerry-sandusky-trial-the-verdict/2012/06/25/gJQAB4Qj1V_blog.html

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm on the fence here. Sure he didn't do "enough" but a lot of people here claiming they would have are playing Monday morning quarterback. To say you would have done something means squat. The reallity is very few people "would" stop to help at a horrific car accident if they were first on the scene.

You are comparing a car wreck to some dude ass raping little boys? Really?

|Zach|
06-25-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm talking reality. I'm talking about good people turning into nazis because of fear of authority. Im talking about 90+% of employees who choose not to bblow the whistle to report unspeakable acts. I'm talking about psychological studies where people ley a mudervctim die in broad daylight. Or where good people shocked a guy in anothet room with lethal volts of electricity because they were scared of authority.

The problem isn't weak individuals as much as it is a system that weakens individuals to act appropriately. We all act tough but there are numerous studies that show people don't always act in the best way when undet pressure.

Yea this thread is funny. Writing about how courageous you would be in a message board is alot different than everything in your life and the lives of every person you know being dependent on how you move forward on something.

ChiefRocka
06-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Yes both grotesque and horrific incidents requiring a moral responsibility...what's your point?

Brock
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM

LMAO

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:25 AM

JFC, will this "everyone is a victim" mentality ever quit plaguing our society? It is in no small way destroying us.

There are right decisions and wrong decisions. Individuals strong of character or going to make the right decisions more often than not. But especially so in this case. This isn't a tough one. Scared of losing your job at place that condones and covers this kind of crap up? Why be scared, one would think that you would want to work some where with a little higher moral standards. McQueary didn't. He loved his preciaous Penn State too much to stop a little boy from a traumatization that will effect him for the rest of his days. McQueary was scared all right, but probably less so for himself than his school. When it comes right down to it his in-action was due to the fact that he was a member of the same sick cult that was running the show.

luv
06-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Yes both grotesque and horrific...what's your point?

With a car wreck, even if you don't call for help, chances are pretty great that someone has or will. You walk into a locker room where a grown man is raping a child, and you just keep on walking when you could have stopped it. There's really no comparison other than "grotesque and horrific".

Imagine you know the driver of the car that caused the accident has gotten off the hook several times, and is continued to be allowed to drive. You see him drinking and getting into the car, knowing his history. You don't try to stop him?

ChiefRocka
06-25-2012, 11:27 AM
LMAO

:LOL:

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 11:29 AM

There are a bunch of studies saying the spread of nazism was likely driven by the same thing. Look up kitty genovese and you'll find an interesting case of people wqtching a girl get murdered in broad daylight.

Two things that frequently show up in psychology. People make bad decisions when influenced by an authority figure. And people aren't always motivated to act even when they should.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes both grotesque and horrific incidents requiring a moral responsibility...what's your point?

Walking on by some dirty old man running his dick up some little boy's ass in the showers is the same as driving by a car wreck?

Not that one should not stop and help in both situations but, my point is your and idiot.

ChiefRocka
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Walking on by some dirty old man running his dick up some little boy's ass in the showers is the same as driving by a car wreck?

Not that one should not stop and help in both situations but, my point is your and idiot.

Your points are your points. Internet courage is strong in this one :thumb:

saphojunkie
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM

There were lots and lots and lots of Germans who did not support the nazis, did not stand idly by, and FOUGHT against them, to the point of death.

You are right, yes. That shit happens where people do nothing. Those people are guilty pieces of weak shit. I pray that if I'm ever in that situation, that I am not a weak piece of shit. Because, if I do nothing, that's EXACTLY what I would be.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Your points are your points. Internet courage is strong in this one :thumb:

Just because you would be too scared to do the right thing does not mean that most people would not automatically step in to stop child molestation.

It's not internet tough guy syndrome in a situation like this. It is just a reality. You just so happen to be in the minority, and to keep from looking weak and pitiful you have to spin it as if it were some difficult decision that not just anybody can make on the spot.

Sorry, but the spin job just ain't workin' for ya'.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 12:07 PM
There were lots and lots and lots of Germans who did not support the nazis, did not stand idly by, and FOUGHT against them, to the point of death.

You are right, yes. That shit happens where people do nothing. Those people are guilty pieces of weak shit. I pray that if I'm ever in that situation, that I am not a weak piece of shit. Because, if I do nothing, that's EXACTLY what I would be.

And again, I dont think you can call them weak without understanding repercussions. What do you say about doing unspeakable things if you fear for your life? How would you act if a general told you to massacre a village? What if you caught a mob boss doing something like this.
I think to the school bus where no kid stood up as bullies harassed that old woman. I think of football fans watching an asshole pelt a young kid with soda and call a six year old girl a whore.

This wasnt just some guy. This is a guy people in power were pulling strings to protect. And aagain, we speak of inaction, but he did speak up to three guys high up the ladder. And thete is nothing to suggesy the raping continued after mcqueary was there.

ChiefRocka
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Just because you would be too scared to do the right thing does not mean that most people would not automatically step in to stop child molestation.

It's not internet tough guy syndrome in a situation like this. It is just a reality. You just so happen to be in the minority, and to keep from looking weak and pitiful you have to spin it as if it were some difficult decision that not just anybody can make on the spot.

Sorry, but the spin job just ain't workin' for ya'.

You're also assuming Sandusky wouldn't kill you with his bare hands and make you dissappear. Feel free to describe your entire altercation with the pedo, blow for blow. :p

stevieray
06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
You're also assuming Sandusky wouldn't kill you with his bare hands and make you dissappear.

...irrelevant.

luv
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
You're also assuming Sandusky wouldn't kill you with his bare hands and make you dissappear. Feel free to describe your entire altercation with the pedo, blow for blow. :p

Ah, okay. I see by this that you're just trolling.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 12:58 PM
...irrelevant.

Precisely.

Fish
06-25-2012, 01:21 PM
And again, I dont think you can call them weak without understanding repercussions. What do you say about doing unspeakable things if you fear for your life? How would you act if a general told you to massacre a village? What if you caught a mob boss doing something like this.
I think to the school bus where no kid stood up as bullies harassed that old woman. I think of football fans watching an asshole pelt a young kid with soda and call a six year old girl a whore.

This wasnt just some guy. This is a guy people in power were pulling strings to protect. And aagain, we speak of inaction, but he did speak up to three guys high up the ladder. And thete is nothing to suggesy the raping continued after mcqueary was there.

:facepalm: JFC......

Chiefless
06-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I think this whole debate was best described by the Team America dicks, pussies and assholes speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HDPQumbccCY

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM

Whistleblowing is an enormous problem in the military. And some witness some major atrocities. Why would they be afraid? Are we calling them cowards? If a private caught a captain raping a villager eould you say its an easy decision to beat the shit out of him?

Or do we acknowledge that there are some people so powerful they are hard to take down. Do we acknowledge there are some "codes" that are difficult to break? To work in athletics, there is an unwritten code that you have a high tolerance for letting shit slide. And there is an unwritten code that you don't jeopardize the team unless your coach says so.

Fish
06-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Whistleblowing is an enormous problem in the military. And some witness some major atrocities. Why would they be afraid? Are we calling them cowards? If a private caught a captain raping a villager eould you say its an easy decision to beat the shit out of him?

Or do we acknowledge that there are some people so powerful they are hard to take down. Do we acknowledge there are some "codes" that are difficult to break? To work in athletics, there is an unwritten code that you have a high tolerance for letting shit slide. And there is an unwritten code that you don't jeopardize the team unless your coach says so.

WTF man? No, we don't acknowledge any of those ridiculous things. Let's acknowledge that several young boys were forcibly fucked in the ass by someone they trusted. That's really all that's necessary. We don't need any stories you think are relevant to assess this individual situation. Our society must protect our children from predatory monsters. That's more important than any of that other shit you listed. Lots of people failed to do that in this case, and they needed to be held responsible. It's that simple. Whistleblowing issues in other areas don't fit into the conversation.

Unwritten codes don't apply when kids are being hurt in ways that damage them for life. It's baffling that you can't see the difference.

BigRock
06-25-2012, 05:16 PM

This idea of McQueary being scared to bring down a superior seems moot in light of his testimony.

He fully admits that he should have done more the night he saw Sandusky in the shower. He says he saw them in the shower through the reflection in a mirror, slammed his locker shut so they would hear it, and then looked in the shower and saw they had stopped. Then he left. But he feels he put a stop to it.

He told Paterno. Then he told the Penn State higher-ups, one of whom was in charge of the campus police, which McQueary says he took as having reported what he saw to the authorities.

Then... nothing. Everyone can argue about what they would have done had they walked in on something like the shower situation, but like Paterno, where McQueary really fails is after the fact. Personally, if I reported that I saw someone fucking a kid, and that guy was still out on the street, I think that after a week... or a month... or six months... or a year... I might have followed-up on it with the people I told. Or I might have told someone else.

McQueary didn't do anything for 10 years, except apparently walk out of the room anytime Sandusky came in. The defense lawyer pressed him on why he didn't do anything more. McQueary didn't talk about being afraid. He rejected the notion that he was worried about the university firing him.

What he did say is that he loved Penn State. Even though Sandusky was still around the program, McQueary loved his job too much to leave in protest. So if you wanted to attach a specific reason to his failure to follow up, it was probably more out of his reverence for the great JoePa and the mighty Nittany Lions, not out of fear of "breaking codes" or any of that. He had his dream job and didn't want to rock the boat too much.

Then when he was asked about his departure from Penn State and his whistleblower lawsuit, he said "I didn't do anything wrong to lose that job".

Perhaps he intended his answer to apply simply to his job duties, and wasn't commenting on the larger Sandusky issue. But if you're in a position with some degree of authority at a university, you witness a sexual assault right there on school property, and you don't do everything you can to get to get it sorted out, then you've failed your station in my view. No parent is going to say "Sure, I trust Mike McQueary to do everything possible to protect my son or daughter" after this, so how would he justify his continued employment at a school of all places? Because he can read defenses?

Point being, he didn't come off like a guy who wanted to do more, but was just too scared to act.

It's a shame in some respects because it is true that McQueary did more than everyone else around Penn State. If the people in charge had done something after he told them, McQueary would be talked about like one of the heroes in this story. On the other hand, if he'd done absolutely nothing, little would have changed and McQueary wouldn't be attached to the story at all. He'd still be at Penn State with his reputation fully intact.

But it's a good lesson to learn. There are no A's for effort, no shiny gold star for being the one who tries the hardest. McQueary did something, but he didn't do enough. He surely knew he didn't do enough. Yet that knowledge didn't spur him into any further action. And who knows how many kids Sandusky went onto rape after that?

Chiefless
06-25-2012, 05:34 PM
This idea of McQueary being scared to bring down a superior seems moot in light of his testimony.

He fully admits that he should have done more the night he saw Sandusky in the shower. He says he saw them in the shower through the reflection in a mirror, slammed his locker shut so they would hear it, and then looked in the shower and saw they had stopped. Then he left. But he feels he put a stop to it.

He told Paterno. Then he told the Penn State higher-ups, one of whom was in charge of the campus police, which McQueary says he took as having reported what he saw to the authorities.

Then... nothing. Everyone can argue about what they would have done had they walked in on something like the shower situation, but like Paterno, where McQueary really fails is after the fact. Personally, if I reported that I saw someone ****ing a kid, and that guy was still out on the street, I think that after a week... or a month... or six months... or a year... I might have followed-up on it with the people I told. Or I might have told someone else.

McQueary didn't do anything for 10 years, except apparently walk out of the room anytime Sandusky came in. The defense lawyer pressed him on why he didn't do anything more. McQueary didn't talk about being afraid. He rejected the notion that he was worried about the university firing him.

What he did say is that he loved Penn State. Even though Sandusky was still around the program, McQueary loved his job too much to leave in protest. So if you wanted to attach a specific reason to his failure to follow up, it was probably more out of his reverence for the great JoePa and the mighty Nittany Lions, not out of fear of "breaking codes" or any of that. He had his dream job and didn't want to rock the boat too much.

Then when he was asked about his departure from Penn State and his whistleblower lawsuit, he said "I didn't do anything wrong to lose that job".

Perhaps he intended his answer to apply simply to his job duties, and wasn't commenting on the larger Sandusky issue. But if you're in a position with some degree of authority at a university, you witness a sexual assault right there on school property, and you don't do everything you can to get to get it sorted out, then you've failed your station in my view. No parent is going to say "Sure, I trust Mike McQueary to do everything possible to protect my son or daughter" after this, so how would he justify his continued employment at a school of all places? Because he can read defenses?

Point being, he didn't come off like a guy who wanted to do more, but was just too scared to act.

It's a shame in some respects because it is true that McQueary did more than everyone else around Penn State. If the people in charge had done something after he told them, McQueary would be talked about like one of the heroes in this story. On the other hand, if he'd done absolutely nothing, little would have changed and McQueary wouldn't be attached to the story at all. He'd still be at Penn State with his reputation fully intact.

But it's a good lesson to learn. There are no A's for effort, no shiny gold star for being the one who tries the hardest. McQueary did something, but he didn't do enough. He surely knew he didn't do enough. Yet that knowledge didn't spur him into any further action. And who knows how many kids Sandusky went onto rape after that?

Well said.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Then... nothing. Everyone can argue about what they would have done had they walked in on something like the shower situation, but like Paterno, where McQueary really fails is after the fact. Personally, if I reported that I saw someone ****ing a kid, and that guy was still out on the street, I think that after a week... or a month... or six months... or a year... I might have followed-up on it with the people I told. Or I might have told someone else.

This is about as good of an account as I've seen, and thanks for the thought that went into it. Like I said, he's not a hero. But again, I stand by my example. If you're a private witnessing a captain raping a girl, it's a little more complicated to just beat the shit out of a ranking officer. I think they'd have to think about reporting it, knowing the negative backlash that would soon follow for a guy who dared to do the right thing. Like I said, in the military, whistle blowing is a very, very, very big problem. And it's not because they're cowards. It's not because they're terrible people. It's because a system with such a power imbalance makes it very difficult for a person with no power to do much of anything without repercussion. Couple that with McQueary having a split second to make a decision in that locker room, likely in shock and stunned by what he saw. He made a bad decision in a panic.

He should have done more. But research shows that over 90% of whistleblowers, I believe, do not come forward. He told a legendary coach and powerful guy that his best friend and his ranking "officer" was a pedophile. He told the VP, the AD, the campus police. He even went on the stand and took down the University, even if that ultimately doomed his career at Penn State. It wasn't nearly enough. It could have and should have been more. I just think people are talking unrealistically when they try to dream up scenarios of how they would have acted in the same situation. Again, there is droves of psychological evidence to suggest that most people in this spur-of-the-moment situation would likely NOT make a particularly good decision.

The Bad Guy
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM

Chiefzilla should just write a book about all of his stupid fucking opinions so people could laugh.

Fish
06-25-2012, 08:39 PM
This is about as good of an account as I've seen, and thanks for the thought that went into it. Like I said, he's not a hero. But again, I stand by my example. If you're a private witnessing a captain raping a girl, it's a little more complicated to just beat the shit out of a ranking officer. I think they'd have to think about reporting it, knowing the negative backlash that would soon follow for a guy who dared to do the right thing. Like I said, in the military, whistle blowing is a very, very, very big problem. And it's not because they're cowards. It's not because they're terrible people. It's because a system with such a power imbalance makes it very difficult for a person with no power to do much of anything without repercussion. Couple that with McQueary having a split second to make a decision in that locker room, likely in shock and stunned by what he saw. He made a bad decision in a panic.

He should have done more. But research shows that over 90% of whistleblowers, I believe, do not come forward. He told a legendary coach and powerful guy that his best friend and his ranking "officer" was a pedophile. He told the VP, the AD, the campus police. He even went on the stand and took down the University, even if that ultimately doomed his career at Penn State. It wasn't nearly enough. It could have and should have been more. I just think people are talking unrealistically when they try to dream up scenarios of how they would have acted in the same situation. Again, there is droves of psychological evidence to suggest that most people in this spur-of-the-moment situation would likely NOT make a particularly good decision.

Speaking of dreaming up scenarios, I like how you just laid out a very elaborate military example trying to bring some other form of authoritative semblance into the situation. But somehow, it lacks logical relation to an old guy raping little boys that he brought into his own children's charity program.

Split second decision? Yeah... like the world was really hanging by a thread waiting for his next move as he decided what to do after he personally witnessed a 60 year old guy butt raping a little boy. What on Earth would make you describe that as a "Split second decision"? Name one thing that put the pressure of time on his decision there. He waited years and years to say anything. Split second LOL....

SAUTO
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I've said before that I think zilla has gone on a dunk rampage.

Or just flipped his lid.

No split second decision.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
But research shows that over 90% of whistleblowers, I believe, do not come forward.
My understanding is that 60% of the time, they come forward every time.

All these examples you're providing, a private seeing a general rape a girl and such things, are all valid in their own context. They just don't apply to Mike McQueary.

McQueary does not come off like a guy who's troubled by his inaction over the last decade. Nothing he has said suggests that he wanted to come forward and do more, but was too intimidated by the system -- which is how you continue to portray him.

I think he thinks he did enough. Like various others connected to this situation, his feelings seemed to be "Well, I did my part. I told them what I know. It's out of my hands now." He thinks he should still be coaching at Penn State. Given that, it's not a leap to suggest that he thinks JoePa should have been allowed to stay too.

You're projecting a defense that doesn't apply to him.

chiefzilla1501
06-25-2012, 10:24 PM
My understanding is that 60% of the time, they come forward every time.

All these examples you're providing, a private seeing a general rape a girl and such things, are all valid in their own context. They just don't apply to Mike McQueary.

McQueary does not come off like a guy who's troubled by his inaction over the last decade. Nothing he has said suggests that he wanted to come forward and do more, but was too intimidated by the system -- which is how you continue to portray him.

I think he thinks he did enough. Like various others connected to this situation, his feelings seemed to be "Well, I did my part. I told them what I know. It's out of my hands now." He thinks he should still be coaching at Penn State. Given that, it's not a leap to suggest that he thinks JoePa should have been allowed to stay too.

You're projecting a defense that doesn't apply to him.

There could be some truth to that. But you're also assuming he wasn't contrite or that he wasn't intimidated by the system. We have to remember that I doubt he has any interest in doing any more damage to Penn State than is already being done. Or in being the guy that brings them the death penalty. You can fault him for that if you want (not turning on your school).

But in the end, he did provide the testimony that sunk Sandusky and will sink Penn State. Twice. And he did provide detailed information to the right authorities who failed to act. He didn't do enough, but he did something, which is a lot more than you can say for everybody involved.

Again, it's not just McQueary. There are lot of people who seem to have kept their mouth shut and it will be interesting to see how far that paper trail goes. College football programs are awfully good at secrets. And there's probably a good reason for that -- because nobody wants to be the one who gets caught spilling the beans.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:27 PM

Rep

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 11:34 PM
There could be some truth to that. But you're also assuming he wasn't contrite or that he wasn't intimidated by the system. We have to remember that I doubt he has any interest in doing any more damage to Penn State than is already being done. Or in being the guy that brings them the death penalty. You can fault him for that if you want (not turning on your school).

But in the end, he did provide the testimony that sunk Sandusky and will sink Penn State. Twice. And he did provide detailed information to the right authorities who failed to act. He didn't do enough, but he did something, which is a lot more than you can say for everybody involved.

Again, it's not just McQueary. There are lot of people who seem to have kept their mouth shut and it will be interesting to see how far that paper trail goes. College football programs are awfully good at secrets. And there's probably a good reason for that -- because nobody wants to be the one who gets caught spilling the beans.

Here is the deal - McQueary did more than anyone else, yes. But he did not do what he should have. That does not make him a hero as some would paint him to be. He was a member of a cult who had good instincts but, did not act upon them the way he should have.

We can all say at one point or another in our lives that we should have done more. However this was not a situation where doing less was an option. He made it one, and therefore should not be heralded as a hero. PERIOD.

BigRock
06-25-2012, 11:51 PM
But you're also assuming he wasn't contrite or that he wasn't intimidated by the system.
You're right, I am. But I'm assuming it based on McQueary's own statements.

You're assuming the opposite based on... nothing, as far as I can tell.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Here is the deal - McQueary did more than anyone else, yes. But he did not do what he should have. That does not make him a hero as some would paint him to be. He was a member of a cult who had good instincts but, did not act upon them the way he should have.

We can all say at one point or another in our lives that we should have done more. However this was not a situation where doing less was an option. He made it one, and therefore should not be heralded as a hero. PERIOD.

Nope, never said he was a hero. But he's not the villain everyone claims he is.

CrazyPhuD
06-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Jerry Sandusky Serenaded by Prison Inmates After Guilty Verdict (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/06/jerry-sandusky-serenaded-by-prison-inmates-after-guilty-verdict/)
by DeWon Rucker | Posted on Sunday, June 24th, 2012

By now the news that Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 counts is well known throughout the country. Most people feel that justice was served and apparently the jurors feel the same. What we did not know is how his first night in jail went, until now that is. According to Andrew Strickler of The Daily, Sandusky might not be a big fan of Pink Floyd.

It is well documented how inmates feel about the type of crimes that Mr. Sandusky was convicted of, and it appears that they were making their opinions known. With Sandusky facing a possible 442 years in prison, he might become very familiar with the entire Pink Floyd catalog before it is all said and done.

Betting tonight he got serenaded with 'We will, we will, rape you'.

Rausch
06-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Betting tonight he got serenaded with 'We will, we will, rape you'.

His next relationship...

http://youtu.be/QC0V6lf-KVI

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Nope, never said he was a hero. But he's not the villain everyone claims he is.

YES HE FUCKING MOST CERTAINLY IS.

ANYONE THAT KNEW THIS GUY WAS FUCKING LITTLE KIDS AND LET HIM CONTINUE TO DO IT IS A VILLAN.

i dont give a fuck who he told about it obviously it didnt go anywhere and he still knew he SAW this fucker screwing a little kid.

should have done more, he is partly responsible for every kid that got molested by this guy from that point on.

HE LET IT CONTINUE.

oh and fuck you, douchebag.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
YES HE ****ING MOST CERTAINLY IS.

ANYONE THAT KNEW THIS GUY WAS ****ING LITTLE KIDS AND LET HIM CONTINUE TO DO IT IS A VILLAN.

i dont give a **** who he told about it obviously it didnt go anywhere and he still knew he SAW this ****er screwing a little kid.

should have done more, he is partly responsible for every kid that got molested by this guy from that point on.

HE LET IT CONTINUE.

oh and **** you, douchebag.

When you tell three of your bosses and they not only sit on it but actively cover it up its not exactly easy. While his bosses danced around the story, made up stories to cover their ass, he directly stated the truth even if it damaged the university. Neither of those things are easy.

He didn't do enough. But apart from going direct to the cops he did everything a reasonable person should be expected to do. You can criticize him for not going above and beyond. But the fact is that the inaction is blamed on Paterno, spanier and curley. You are asking a subordinate to go over the heads of bosses three levels higher than him.

Brock
06-26-2012, 10:15 AM
When you tell three of your bosses and they not only sit on it but actively cover it up its not exactly easy. While his bosses danced around the story, made up stories to cover their ass, he directly stated the truth even if it damaged the university. Neither of those things are easy.

He didn't do enough. But apart from going direct to the cops he did everything a reasonable person should be expected to do. You can criticize him for not going above and beyond. But the fact is that the inaction is blamed on Paterno, spanier and curley. You are asking a subordinate to go over the heads of bosses three levels higher than him.

Bullcrap. I would tell them to do something before I did. You want to fire me? Just try it.

Garcia Bronco
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Bullcrap. I would tell them to do something before I did. You want to fire me? Just try it.

Exactly...after a week my next statement...in writing.... would be that I would have to approach the national media about what I saw. This isn't going away.

Sincerely,

GB

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 10:38 AM

You can't say that without factoring in how powerful Paterno is. How protective the administration is about protecting secrecy. And how many Penn state fans will flood your phone and mailbox with death threats. Or factoring in that tattling on your boss is never easy to do... Period.

Again, its easy to stand on the sidelines and act like these decisions are easy.

Raiderhater
06-26-2012, 10:44 AM

NO HE DID NOT! He caught the sick son of a b!tch in the act and walked away from it. That falls waaaaaaaaaaaay below the actions of a reasonable person.

JFC, could you be any more stupid?

luv
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Exactly...after a week my next statement...in writing.... would be that I would have to approach the national media about what I saw. This isn't going away.

Sincerely,

GB

Just what I was thinking. There's a documented history, you know, for a fact, that it is still happening, but you decide to just drop it?

luv
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
You can't say that without factoring in how powerful Paterno is. How protective the administration is about protecting secrecy. And how many Penn state fans will flood your phone and mailbox with death threats. Or factoring in that tattling on your boss is never easy to do... Period.

Again, its easy to stand on the sidelines and act like these decisions are easy.

Worst case scenario, you lose your job and have to find another. What do you think the worst case scenario is for the child?

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Sincerely,

GB

I don't think your considering how much your life will change if you tattle on a school and legendary head coach. Especially if it sinks Penn state.
Look at Steve bartman. Look at fanatics who rallied aaround joe pa. Look at fanatics who sent death threats to mcqueary for having the "audacity" to speak up.

luv
06-26-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think your considering how much your life will change if you tattle on a school and legendary head coach. Especially if it sinks Penn state.
Look at Steve bartman. Look at fanatics who rallied aaround joe pa. Look at fanatics who sent death threats to mcqueary for having the "audacity" to speak up.

If you had to choose, would you choose receiving death threats or living with the fact that you didn't do what you could have to stop a serial child molester?

Chiefless
06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Chiefzilla,

I appreciate your position and insight on this topic. In the fight, flight or freeze scenario McQueary had thrust upon him I would likely have frozen like he did. I am not proud of it, but people are wired differently I suppose. But BigRock's argument is absolutely true. If I did nothing after ten years I would expect nothing but scorn. I would hate myself as McQueary does. Ultimately, tho, I would know I deserve it.

Bugeater
06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
If you had to choose, would you choose receiving death threats or living with the fact that you did nothing to stop a serial child molester?
He didn't do "nothing".

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 10:57 AM

THAT IS WHAT YOU DO! GO TO THE FUCKING COPS.

again he is partly responsible for every molestation incident from that point on IMO

luv
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
He didn't do "nothing".

He didn't do what he could have. I'll even go back and change my post for you.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
and that would not be " going above and beyond"

that would be doing what you are supposed to do. (well actually IMO he should have beat that fucker half to death when he saw it going on)

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:00 AM

it should be an easy decision to call the fucking police.

it's not a "university matter" at that point it's a call the fucking cops right away matter.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:00 AM
He didn't do "nothing".

bug bug bug...

he didnt do ANYTHING that actually helped keep little kids SAFE

Bugeater
06-26-2012, 11:04 AM
He didn't do what he could have. I'll even go back and change my post for you.
A lot of other people didn't either. I'm not going to try to whitewash the guy but I don't understand why he is the focus of so much of the anger. There was plenty of fail from all around.

Bugeater
06-26-2012, 11:05 AM
bug bug bug...

he didnt do ANYTHING that actually helped keep little kids SAFE
As many others didn't as well.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
As many others didn't as well.

when he witnessed it first hand he had the power to put an end to it all...

he had the best shot IMO.

Garcia Bronco
06-26-2012, 11:09 AM

If they conduct themselves that way...WTH would I ever want to work there with those people. I would be just like them...and I'd rather be able to look at myself in the mirror. While what you say is a very real consequence, my personal principles don't allow me to care about that, because I'll get another job if I am a good coach. If I am a bad coach...I should do it anyway and get another career. Doing the right thing isn't really that hard even if you must be couragous

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
If you had to choose, would you choose receiving death threats or living with the fact that you didn't do what you could have to stop a serial child molester?

I would hope I'd choose the former. But people here oversimplify how easy that is. Steve bartmans life was a living hell and I imagine mcquearys would have been. Its a llose lose situation. If not for joe pa and the other scumbags, mcqueary should never have been put in that position.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:11 AM
nothing courageous about doing the RIGHT THING HERE.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I would hope I'd choose the former. But people here oversimplify how easy that is. Steve bartmans life was a living hell and I imagine mcquearys would have been. Its a llose lose situation. If not for joe pa and the other scumbags, mcqueary should never have been put in that position.

why do you keep pulling shit out that is in NO WAY = to molestation.

bartman fucked up a GAME. this fucker RUINED ACTUAL LIVES>

mcqeary probably would have had some people mad at him, MORE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LIKELY APPLAUDED HIM. and he most likely would NOT have had ANY issue getting a job as a recruiter.

anyone that could take down that regime would be someone people would have trusted to send their kids to college with, parents would know he had the children's best in mind.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:19 AM
NO HE DID NOT! He caught the sick son of a b!tch in the act and walked away from it. That falls waaaaaaaaaaaay below the actions of a reasonable person.

JFC, could you be any more stupid?

Because there is a difference between making a bad decision deliberately and making a bad decision in a snap decision. Mcqueary said he didn't act, out of embarrassment. That he was seeing something he shouldn't have seen and felt guilty tor having seen it. That may sound unreasonable but its really not. When you are shocked by things you see you often react in weird way. We can't ignore thqt seeing that kind of thing would put you in a fuzzy mental state. I think we are being unrealistic if we tthink every one of us with a conscience would immediately react appropriately oor reasonably. Especially if we are talking about someone you know.

stevieray
06-26-2012, 11:20 AM
zilla, please just STFU....

...you've said the same thing at least one hundred times, and it's all still nothing more than unmitigated BS.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM

bartman ****ed up a GAME. this ****er RUINED ACTUAL LIVES>

mcqeary probably would have had some people mad at him, MORE PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LIKELY APPLAUDED HIM. and he most likely would NOT have had ANY issue getting a job as a recruiter.

anyone that could take down that regime would be someone people would have trusted to send their kids to college with, parents would know he had the children's best in mind.
That is totally and utterly unrealistic.

There was a riot in the streets over firing joe pa. Mcqueary got death threats from psu fans and it would have been a lot worse if he would have went straight to the cops.

And the idea that he could still coach is laughable. You think big football programs don't cover up rapes and assaults and illegal transactions on a regular basis?

It would not bbe easy being known as the guy who took ddown sandusky. Even worse to take ddown joe pa. God help a guy who sinks a big football program like Penn state.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM

There was a riot in the streets over firing joe pa. Mcqueary got death threats from psu fans and it would have been a lot worse if he would have went straight to the cops.

And the idea that he could still coach is laughable. You think big football programs don't cover up rapes and assaults and illegal transactions on a regular basis?

It would not bbe easy being known as the guy who took ddown sandusky. Even worse to take ddown joe pa. God help a guy who sinks a big football program like Penn state.

everything i have said is 100 times more realistic than whatever world you are living in.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
and again with the "snap decision" bullshit.

that happened YEARS ago. he had PLENTY of time to think about it and make the right decision.

you are a fucking idiot.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Because there is a difference between making a bad decision deliberately and making a bad decision in a snap decision. Mcqueary said he didn't act, out of embarrassment. That he was seeing something he shouldn't have seen and felt guilty tor having seen it. That may sound unreasonable but its really not. When you are shocked by things you see you often react in weird way. We can't ignore thqt seeing that kind of thing would put you in a fuzzy mental state. I think we are being unrealistic if we tthink every one of us with a conscience would immediately react appropriately oor reasonably. Especially if we are talking about someone you know.

he fucking felt guilty because he knew he LET IT CONTINUE.

fuzzy mental state? goddamn you are fucking stupid.

gblowfish
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/9j3l0m.jpg

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Chiefzilla,

I appreciate your position and insight on this topic. In the fight, flight or freeze scenario McQueary had thrust upon him I would likely have frozen like he did. I am not proud of it, but people are wired differently I suppose. But BigRock's argument is absolutely true. If I did nothing after ten years I would expect nothing but scorn. I would hate myself as McQueary does. Ultimately, tho, I would know I deserve it.

Yes, you and big rock are looking at it rationally rather than emotionally. I cant answer that. And he does deserve his share of criticism because he didnt do enough. The problem is when tough guys on the sideline want to trivialize how easy these decisions are. These are decisions that will forever change your life. The problem is, it shouldn't have to be that way. If paterno curley and Schultz did their jobs the decision could have been real easy. If the NCAA wasn't so crooked, programs to keep secrets, mcqueary probably would have had no reservation blowing the whistle. Its a systematic problem.

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Getting death threats and people actually following through on it are two different things.

You think programs cover up rapes on a regular basis? You are the king of fucking blanket statements. You pull out completely bullshit statistics in this thread and then make a claim like this? Laughable. Completely fucking laughable.

No one gives a shit about taking down Sandusky. If the whistle was blown on this shit back in the early 2000s, it would not have been even close to the circus it became last year because people in authority positions actually would have done their job as mandated reporters.

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM

bartman ****ed up a GAME. this ****er RUINED ACTUAL LIVES>

Chiefzilla with quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read in my entire life. Steve Bartman affected a baseball game. Jerry Sandusky ruined the lifes of tens of people. Probably more.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, you and big rock are looking at it rationally rather than emotionally. I cant answer that. And he does deserve his share of criticism because he didnt do enough. The problem is when tough guys on the sideline want to trivialize how easy these decisions are. These are decisions that will forever change your life. The problem is, it shouldn't have to be that way. If paterno curley and Schultz did their jobs the decision could have been real easy. If the NCAA wasn't so crooked, programs to keep secrets, mcqueary probably would have had no reservation blowing the whistle. Its a systematic problem.

tough guys on the sideline?

no, you fucking moron, this is about what a normal person would do sfter seeing a CHILD BEING MOLESTED BY AN ADULT.

call the cops.

easy decision, no trivialization there. only person trivializing anything here is you.

not reporting a molestation to the COPS COPS, when you personally SEE IT is fucking wrong.

i cant believe ANYONE could try to rationalize it.

he let it go on for YEARS. just stood by and basically WATCHED.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Chiefzilla with quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read in my entire life. Steve Bartman affected a baseball game. Jerry Sandusky ruined the lifes of tens of people. Probably more.

you know what? he affected the lives of the kids, their parents, their future children, their future spouses...

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
you know what? he affected the lives of the kids, their parents, their future children, their future spouses...

Absolutely.

Brock
06-26-2012, 11:46 AM

I can say that with full knowledge of all of those things. Protection of innocence should be every man's first job, if he wants to call himself a man. There are things more important than a job.

SAUTO
Absolutely.

i honestly can not believe that there is ANYONE taking up for anyone involved in this situation, especially the GUY WHO HAD EVERY chance for 10 years to stop it

chiefzilla1501
Getting death threats and people actually following through on it are two different things.

You think programs cover up rapes on a regular basis? You are the king of ****ing blanket statements. You pull out completely bullshit statistics in this thread and then make a claim like this? Laughable. Completely ****ing laughable.

No one gives a shit about taking down Sandusky. If the whistle was blown on this shit back in the early 2000s, it would not have been even close to the circus it became last year because people in authority positions actually would have done their job as mandated reporters.

The whistle was blown. Once the authorities didn't act on it it became the job of a 28 year old to go above the heads of a legendary head coach and the administration. In front of, by the way, a maniacally fanatical fan base. If joe pa and company acted right away, this wouldn't have been a circus. Instead there is email evidence to show that they deliberately covered it up.

And you are naive if you don't think the only way for big NCAA programs to survive is to do shady shit and keep it secret. You are naive if you don't think pro and NCAA programs won't actively keep rapes, assaults, etc..quiet if that meant avoiding suspension. You can't coach in a big program if you insist on following the rules.

Garcia Bronco
btw...if he did report that to ESPN and they tried to fire him....they get their asses sued and lose on perception alone.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I can say that with full knowledge of all of those things. Protection of innocence should be every man's first job, if he wants to call himself a man. There are things more important than a job.

me too.

you cant see something like that and just let it go, and then spending 10 years seeing the kid fucker with more kids.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
The whistle was blown. Once the authorities didn't act on it it became the job of a 28 year old to go above the heads of a legendary head coach and the administration. In front of, by the way, a maniacally fanatical fan base. If joe pa and company acted right away, this wouldn't have been a circus. Instead there is email evidence to show that they deliberately covered it up.

And you are naive if you don't think the only way for big NCAA programs to survive is to do shady shit and keep it secret. You are naive if you don't think pro and NCAA programs won't actively keep rapes, assaults, etc..quiet if that meant avoiding suspension. You can't coach in a big program if you insist on following the rules.
NO IT WASNT BLOWN, OBVIOUSLY, the guy wasnt arrested and still had children in his care.

CALL THE POLICE, obviously no one else did too much. it was his responsibility

Brock
me too.

you cant see something like that and just let it go, and then spending 10 years seeing the kid fucker with more kids.

I'd coach junior high football the rest of my life rather than be covered in the greasy slime that university has all over it, and will have until the end of time.

The Bad Guy

Wait a minute here. You said rapes. I don't think schools cover up rapes in today's society. No fucking chance.

Now you change the criteria to shady shit.

And no, the whistle was not blown. Actual cops did not investigate this. It's not going over someone's head if there's a severe law broken. It's not an issue of playing time where he goes straight to the AD instead of talking to Joe.

You are just full of general and blanket statements that you are trying to pass off as facts.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
and yeah the only thing you have said correctly "it became the job of a 28 year old"

it did and he didnt do it.

fuck him right along with you. at this point you should both be locked in the same cell with sandusky wearing school outfits...

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:52 AM

Way to misinterpret.

I am talking about the way fanatical fans will turn your life into a living hell if you turn on them. Bartman went into hiding. He changed his identity. And before that, he was harassed, threatened, all kinds of horrible things i wouldn't wish on anyone. That absolutely would have happened to mcqueary too.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd coach junior high football the rest of my life rather than be covered in the greasy slime that university has all over it, and will have until the end of time.

i would take the chance to be without a job and homeless for the rest of my life and feel good about it.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Way to misinterpret.

I am talking about the way fanatical fans will turn your life into a living hell if you turn on them. Bartman went into hiding. He changed his identity. And before that, he was harassed, threatened, all kinds of horrible things i wouldn't wish on anyone. That absolutely would have happened to mcqueary too.

and again you are an idiot.

once it all came out as truth more people would applaud him.

why? because NO ONE likes a child molester, thats why they do so well in prison

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Wait a minute here. You said rapes. I don't think schools cover up rapes in today's society. No ****ing chance.

Now you change the criteria to shady shit.

And no, the whistle was not blown. Actual cops did not investigate this. It's not going over someone's head if there's a severe law broken. It's not an issue of playing time where he goes straight to the AD instead of talking to Joe.

You are just full of general and blanket statements that you are trying to pass off as facts.

He told the head of Penn state police which is curley.

And shady shit means they will trivialize murders assaults rapes etc if it means keeping a coach or player off the ssuspension list. If they know about it, sorry, hard to believe they would report it. I don't think any of that should be hard to believe.

gblowfish
06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1izp6h.jpg

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
and again you are an idiot.

once it all came out as truth more people would applaud him.

why? because NO ONE likes a child molester, thats why they do so well in prison

You obviously have been lliving in a cave then because even though it was obvious sandusky was guilty, Penn state fans still rioted over joe ppas firing and sent mcqueary death threats. It would have been a hell of a lot worse if mcqueary did iit right away.

Fans are often emotionally unrational. Again, why would that be hard to register?

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM

And shady shit means they will trivialize murders assaults rapes etc if it means keeping a coach or player off the ssuspension list. If they know about it, sorry, hard to believe they would report it. I don't think any of that should be hard to believe.

you call the COPS, and if you do tell someone else and nothing happens you tell someone else.

he had 10 years to help those CHILDREN out.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:02 PM
and yeah the only thing you have said correctly "it became the job of a 28 year old"

it did and he didnt do it.

**** him right along with you. at this point you should both be locked in the same cell with sandusky wearing school outfits...

Asking a 28 year old to go over the head of a legendary head coach and a massive football institution isn't as easy as you want to claim it is from the sidelines.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 12:03 PM
You obviously have been lliving in a cave then because even though it was obvious sandusky was guilty, Penn state fans still rioted over joe ppas firing and sent mcqueary death threats. It would have been a hell of a lot worse if mcqueary did iit right away.

Fans are often emotionally unrational. Again, why would that be hard to register?

let me be CLEAR HERE: I DONT GIVE A FUCK.

excuses are just that. excuses.

has anyone been killed over this? nope.

who cares what THE FANS THINK? thinnk about those CHILDREN being abused.

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM

You're right moron. Schools cover up murders. Who are you Dave Bliss?

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:07 PM
let me be CLEAR HERE: I DONT GIVE A ****.

excuses are just that. excuses.

has anyone been killed over this? nope.

who cares what THE FANS THINK? thinnk about those CHILDREN being abused.

Because when you have to go into hiding and fear for your life and throw your entire career away and change your identity, etc... Those ate things you accept for doing tthe right thing. From the sidelines I would rather that them a guilty conscience. But I'm not ggoing to trivialize that irrational people make easy decisions difficult.

Brock
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Asking a 28 year old to go over the head of a legendary head coach and a massive football institution isn't as easy as you want to claim it is from the sidelines.

You're embarrassing yourself. I shudder to think there are many people like you who would stand by and let this happen.

Raiderhater
06-26-2012, 12:09 PM

It is if you are talking about child molestation. That is a clear cut no thought required decision.

And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be removed from the gene pool.

Brock
06-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Because when you have to go into hiding and fear for your life and throw your entire career away and change your identity, etc... Those ate things you accept for doing tthe right thing. From the sidelines I would rather that them a guilty conscience. But I'm not ggoing to trivialize that irrational people make easy decisions difficult.

Yeah, right. People are going to kill you for outing a pedophile. LMAO What a dope.

McQueary did what he did to protect Penn State, nothing more or less.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, right. People are going to kill you for outing a pedophile. LMAO What a dope.

McQueary did what he did to protect Penn State, nothing more or less.

They rioted in favor of Paterno for protecting one.
They sent death threats to mcqueary for implicating one.

You can't act like sports fans are rational.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
You're right moron. Schools cover up murders. Who are you Dave Bliss?

Cover up was a bad word. My mistake. Sweep under a rug? You bet.

Brock
06-26-2012, 12:29 PM
They rioted in favor of Paterno for protecting one.
They sent death threats to mcqueary for implicating one.

You can't act like sports fans are rational.

Any public person gets death threats. That excuse doesn't fly.

kysirsoze
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM

It is frightening that there are just people walking around out there that think like this. Makes me never want to have kids.

OK, here's an analogy. I'm trying to make it in entertainment, an industry famous for being about "who you know" and so on. If I walked in on Steven Spielberg and Harvey Weinstein tag teaming a 10 year old, I would be on the phone to the police so fast they'd still have their pants around their ankles when the cuffs went on. I would rather be reduced to flipping burgers for life than preserve my career at the expense of children.

That's not bragging. That's what any decent human being would do. It is NOT above and beyond. It is the bare ****ing minimum. I cannot believe the behavior some people will make excuses for.

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Cover up was a bad word. My mistake. Sweep under a rug? You bet.

Yes, murders and rapes just get swept under the rug and treated like recruiting violations.

Holy fuck.

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
It is if you are talking about child molestation. That is a clear cut no thought required decision.

And anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be removed from the gene pool.

For Paterno curley and Schwartz yes. For mcqueary there are repercussions. Should still rise above those repercussions, but again, an easy decision made more difficult hecause authorities didn't do their job.

The Bad Guy
06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
It is frightening that there are just people walking around out there that think like this. Makes me never want to have kids.

OK, here's an analogy. I'm trying to make it in entertainment, an industry famous for being about "who you know" and so on. If I walked in on Steven Spielberg and Harvey Weinstein tag teaming a 10 year old, I would be on the phone to the police so fast they'd still have their pants around their ankles when the cuffs went on. I would rather be reduced to flipping burgers for life than preserve my career at the expense of children.

That's not bragging. That's what any decent human being would do. It is NOT above and beyond. It is the bare ****ing minimum. I cannot believe the behavior some people will make excuses for.

But, but, but it was his dream job. < /jackasszilla

chiefzilla1501
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM

If you follow the thread I am saying tthere are a ton of factors with career being oonly one aspect. Its not even close to the same example. I still push for the example of a private going over the generals head to leak info about a colonel's misconduct.

kysirsoze
06-26-2012, 12:47 PM
If you follow the thread I am saying tthere are a ton of factors with career being oonly one aspect. Its not even close to the same example. I still push for the example of a private going over the generals head to leak info about a colonel's misconduct.

Aw yeah, I forgot the "unwritten rules". Well John Travolta thinks my example is pretty fucking apropos.

Brock
06-26-2012, 12:58 PM

Joe Paterno isn't a general. He's well known person who made his living in a trivial form of entertainment.

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM

THANK YOU

SAUTO
For Paterno curley and Schwartz yes. For mcqueary there are repercussions. Should still rise above those repercussions, but again, an easy decision made more difficult hecause authorities didn't do their job.

the ACTUAL AUTHORITIES were never notified.

chiefzilla1501
Joe Paterno isn't a general. He's well known person who made his living in a trivial form of entertainment.

Graham spanier, psu president
Curley, head of psu police

SAUTO
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM

push whatever you want, you would probably feel differently if you had a child that sandusky could have been pushing something on...