PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals seating question

mikeyis4dcats.
06-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Our insurance company gave us some tickets to the Royals game Wednesday, and I'm trying to figure out how good of seats they are. They are in section 123, which the ticket proclaims is a "dugout box". What does that mean? I can't find that term anywhere on the Royals site. I'm assuming it's just the seat, nothing more (like the Diamond Club).

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.seating-chart.org/maps/mlb/kauffman-center-kansas-city-royals-seating-chart.jpg

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 01:59 PM
The dugout box begins at section 125 and ends at 116 and includes only the purple section you see there. "Dugout Box" is just a way of making those sections higher priced than the "Dugout Plaza" "Field Box" or "Field Plaza" (all of which are on the lower level) because of the location.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.seating-chart.org/maps/mlb/kauffman-center-kansas-city-royals-seating-chart.jpg

Looks like pretty damn good seats to me. I and a couple of friends are going to be in 234 tonight. Probably the nicest seats I've had in this stadium. I'm stoked too because I haven't been to a game since before the renovations. Looks great on TV, can't wait to see it in person.

KCUnited
06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Bring your sunscreen.

DeezNutz
06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
The stadium now has wireless to guarantee your ability to see a ML baseball game if you bring an appropriate electronic device.

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Looks like pretty damn good seats to me. I and a couple of friends are going to be in 234 tonight. Probably the nicest seats I've had in this stadium. I'm stoked too because I haven't been to a game since before the renovations. Looks great on TV, can't wait to see it in person.

Those are pretty nice seats :thumb: However, two things, first you will definitely want to walk the stadium especially the outfield area. It is really nice out there now and you can view the field from many sections out there (will be the best places in the house for the HR derby). Secondly in the future you will want the third base side on these hot summer days. The sun is already gone on that side by the time the games start whereas first base, especially down the line further than where you will be, are still getting toasted for another good hour at least.

Raiderhater
06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Those are pretty nice seats :thumb: However, two things, first you will definitely want to walk the stadium especially the outfield area. It is really nice out there now and you can view the field from many sections out there (will be the best places in the house for the HR derby). Secondly in the future you will want the third base side on these hot summer days. The sun is already gone on that side by the time the games start whereas first base, especially down the line further than where you will be, are still getting toasted for another good hour at least.

The tickets were free through one of our distributors, so I had no choice in where they were. Actually was surprised they were that nice. The sun doesn't bother me any way, I haven't had much opportunity to get be out in it to this point, so I'm looking forward to getting a little color.

Also, Mikey, if you go to the Royals website and select Kauffman Stadium, there is an option to go to a virtual viewing of what your view will be from your section.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
The tickets were free through one of our distributors, so I had no choice in where they were. Actually was surprised they were that nice. The sun doesn't bother me any way, I haven't had much opportunity to get be out in it to this point, so I'm looking forward to getting a little color.

Also, Mikey, if you go to the Royals website and select Kauffman Stadium, there is an option to go to a virtual viewing of what your view will be from your section.

yeah, I knew physically where they were, just wasn't sure if they offered any amenities. I've been in the old Stadium Club, the suites and the George Brett suite before, and it's nice having the food and drinks. We'll just go out for lunch on the company dime.

Valiant
06-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Bring your sunscreen.

No, As long as the game is not a 100 game you are shaded.. I have tickets in 125..

The section is basically 50.00 tickets.. They are nice to really nice depending on how far down..

Valiant
06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
yeah, I knew physically where they were, just wasn't sure if they offered any amenities. I've been in the old Stadium Club, the suites and the George Brett suite before, and it's nice having the food and drinks. We'll just go out for lunch on the company dime.

No free food in that section..

KCUnited
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
No, As long as the game is not a 100 game you are shaded.. I have tickets in 125..

The section is basically 50.00 tickets.. They are nice to really nice depending on how far down..
Wednesday is a 1:10 game if that's what you meant. Which is why I advised sunscreen, but to be honest you can probably sit wherever you want for that game.