PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Where do the Chiefs TEs rank in the NFL?

Direckshun
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
You know the drill.

The series continues, as my interest and time allows.

Do not consider anything other than the TE talent specific to 2012. But be sure to consider contract situations and/or injuries when evaluating.

Here's our discussions on QBs (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259981), RBs (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259967), and WRs (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260080).

Patriots: Gronkowski, Hernandez
Jets: Keller, Jeff Cumberland
Bills: Chandler, Mike Caussin
Dolphins: Fasano, Egnew

Steelers: Miller, Pope
Ravens: Pitta, Ed Dickson
Bengals: Gresham, Donald Lee, Orson Charles
Browns: Benjamin Watson, Dan Gronkowski

Texans: Daniels, Garrett Graham
Colts: Fleener, Dwayne Allen
Titans: Cook, Michael Roos
Jaguars: Lewis, Zach Miller

Chargers: Gates, Ladarius Green
Broncos: Tamme, Julius Thomas
Raiders: Tory Humphrey, Brandon Myers
Chiefs: Moeaki, Boss

Cowboys: Witten, Hanna
Eagles: Celek, Clay Harbor
Giants: Bennett, Travis Beckham
Redskins: Davis, Cooley

Packers: Finley, Quarless, Crabtree
Vikings: Kyle Rudolph, John Carlson
Lions: Pettigrew, Scheffler
Bears: Spaeth, Evan Rodriguez

Panthers: Olsen, Ben Hartsock
Falcons: Gonzalez, Michael Palmer
Buccaneers: Clark, Chase Coffman
Saints: Graham, David Thomas

Rams: Kendricks, Michael Hoomanawanui
49ers: Davis, Delanie Walker
Seahawks: Winslow, Zach Miller
Cardinals: Heap, Jeff King

Titty Meat
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
15th

Direckshun
06-25-2012, 09:41 PM
First of all, as we all know, it's the Patriots and then it's everybody else.

I'd say the Chiefs TE situation is a Top 10 situation. Maybe Top 8.

In58men
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
NFC West looks all fucked up

1. SF
2. SEA
3. STL
4. ARI

Ceej

I can't say I agree.

Moeaki has been a walking wuss bag. The addition of Boss has been intriguing at least.

Direckshun
Oakland, by the way, has easily the worst TE situation in the NFL.

Ceej
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Better TE groups:

Patriots
Ravens
Bengals
Chargers
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Packers
Lions
Saints
49ers

Worse TE groups:

Bills
Dolphins
Browns
Titans
Bucs
Bears
Rams
Cardinals
Raiders
Broncos

Everyone about else is relative to Kansas City's.

Titty Meat
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM

How do you figure? Outside of moali who's always hurt the chiefs don't have much. Boss is JAG

RealSNR
06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Get your ass to my football thread, Direckshun.

mcaj22
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
lol top 10? what are you on drugs

look you can love this team all you want but if we were top 10 at every position than we would at least be annual playoff contenders and at the end of the day we still have talent drop offs at certain positions compared to the rest of the NFL. TE is one of them. There is nothing wrong with that. Every team has holes. It's okay to accept the fact that we have average TEs.

Munson
06-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Somewhere in the middle.

Moeaki - He has a lot of potential, but he's injury prone. He had a nice rookie year, and should be able to improve on it. If he stays healthy, I think Cassel will look his way quite a bit.

Boss - Should be a nice improvement over our former #2 TE Pope. He was slow as shit, and had hands of stone.

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't know how you would evaluate that in comparison to other teams. If a team doesn't use the te much other than to block and they have a guy who should be the starting left tackle on a superbowl team, how could you say he's bad. Same deal with the receiving ones.

beer bacon
06-25-2012, 10:59 PM
They were top five with a healthy Rucker, but now they're not better than 24th.

MagicHef
06-25-2012, 11:04 PM
You know, there's this guy named Dreessen on the Broncos.

He was better last year than Moeaki was in 2010, according to PFF.

-King-
06-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I'd take the following over Moeaki and Boss

Patriots: Gronkowski, Hernandez

Eagles: Celek, Clay Harbor

Packers: Finley, Quarless, Crabtree

Lions: Pettigrew, Scheffler

Saints: Graham, David Thomas

49ers: Davis, Delanie Walker

Maybe the Seahawks too depending on how healthy Winslow is.

Quesadilla Joe
06-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Kinda hard to say the Chiefs are ranked in the top 10-20.

Kevin Boss was the 84th ranked TE in the league last year according to PFF. And nobody knows if Moeaki can come back from his injury. And even if he does, can he stay healthy?

Quesadilla Joe
06-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Dreessen was the 6th best TE in football according to PFF and Jacob Tamme was the 9th best TE in the league the last time he played with Manning.

BossChief
06-25-2012, 11:22 PM
If Moeaki can stay healthy, we have a top ten TE corps.

Easily.

-King-
06-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Dreessen was the 6th best TE in football according to PFF and Jacob Tamme was the 9th best TE in the league the last time he played with Manning.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltrbaesnUq1qahs1i.gif

Cornstock
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Im going to look on our situation in a favorable light and say that we're in the 66th percentile, placing us between 10th and 11th. 10.56th to be exact.

Quesadilla Joe
06-25-2012, 11:33 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltrbaesnUq1qahs1i.gif

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3566/pffot.png

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4696/pff2.png

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm a clueless little bet welcher. Aren't I. Can't wait for a 7-9 Bronco season!!!!

Agree 100%

FD
06-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Somewhere in the 10-15 range. Solid, probably above average.

lcarus
06-26-2012, 09:34 AM

I had Tamme on my fantasy team that year he was starting in Indy with Peyton. He didn't do SHIT.

whoman69
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm going to go cautious here and say that Moeaki will be able to provide little this year. He looks to be behind Berry and Charles in his recovery and already had a history of being fragile. If he's healthy, KC will be able to use a lot more 2 TE sets. If not, its all on Boss.

Direckshun
06-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Get your ass to my football thread, Direckshun.

I love your thread, but I'm going off the deep end here in a few days with one of my own.

You'll see. It will be epic terrible.

BossChief
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm going to go cautious here and say that Moeaki will be able to provide little this year. He looks to be behind Berry and Charles in his recovery and already had a history of being fragile. If he's healthy, KC will be able to use a lot more 2 TE sets. If not, its all on Boss.

What makes you think he is behind the other two?

Bowser
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm bummed Rucker tore his ACL. He would not have given us anything in the run game as far as blocking goes, but a healthy Rucker and Moeaki would have made for nice two TE sets.

Boss looks like he may be it, and O'Connell. I'm really not counting on Moeaki this year, unfortunately. We'll probably run a ton of two back stuff this year featuring the dumpoff pass (Cassel squees like school girl).

vailpass
06-26-2012, 01:11 PM

LMAO I know it's a Chief's board but sometimes it's hard not to laugh.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM

Compared to the epic Donkey homerism on this board (not even talking about Slowmo), it's rather mild.

Hell, you'd think they had a top 5 defense and KW1 and Mini Ditka at TE.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Compared to the epic Donkey homerism on this board (not even talking about Slowmo), it's rather mild.

I know you are but what am I?

BossChief
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM

Without factoring injuries into things, there is nothing wrong with his post.

It's like saying Denver has one of the best quarterback situations in the NFL.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
In Dung Valley, you know damn well they think they do. Hell, they probably think Horseface is going to back him up.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 01:27 PM

It's like saying Denver has one of the best quarterback situations in the NFL.

In Dung Valley, you know damn well they think they do. Hell, they probably think Horseface is going to back him up.

FFS I'm embarrassed for you.

BossChief
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM

With a healthy Moeaki/Boss, give me 12 better TE groups in the NFL.

If your problem was bringing up Peyton Christ...remember his age, broken neck and that he missed over a full year.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM

If your problem was bringing up Peyton Christ...remember his age, broken neck and that he missed over a full year.

You have every right to be a homer, this is your board and I respect that.
Still...

...O Mary, open your eyelids.
I am in the domain of silence,
the kingdom of the crazy and the sleeper.
There is blood here
and I have eaten it.
O mother of the womb,
did I come for blood alone?
O little mother,
I am in my own mind.
I am locked in the wrong house.

-Ann Sexton

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM

He just pops in to troll. He'll just post homer or some shit and move on.

BossChief
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Still...

There is blood here
and I have eaten it.
O mother of the womb,
O little mother,
I am in my own mind.

-Ann Sexton

:facepalm:

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
So, calling KC's near top 10 D better than Denvers and TE's that are better than 2 career backups is extreme homerism. Let's just let the Orange and Blueberry Kool-Aid drinkers run wild boys!!

vailpass
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
:facepalm:

A bit much for you? Figures. It's from "For The Year of the Insane" if that helps you understand my point.

KC has middle-of-the road Boss who looked like shit last year and ended up with a concussion.
Brokeaki is Brokeaki. I like Tony a lot but he is made of glass, if he even sees the field this year it won't be for long.

Like I said, I get that this is your place to be a homer and the offseason is when your dreams can still come true.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
How does it compare to 2 career backup never beens?

RealSNR
06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Vailpass, do you care to maybe, oh, I don't know... talk football? Why not participate in the spirit of these threads by talking about the other TE groups in the NFL? Rather, if you think it's insane that the Chiefs could conceivably be in the top 10 in terms of TE groups, why not start by listing 10 teams whose TEs are better?

Here, I'll even help get you started. The following teams (in no particular order) have better TEs than the Chiefs:

1. New England
2. Green Bay
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. San Diego
6. Detroit
7. San Francisco

See? Look at that. All you need is three more teams and voila! You're actually participating in the football conversation! Isn't that lovely?

Or... you could sit there, masturbate, and pleasure your lowest human instinct by trolling. It's up to you. It's a free country and all. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do with your life.

KCrockaholic
06-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Top TE's by team. IMO.

1. New England
2. Green Bay
3. New Orleans
4. Detroit
5. San Francisco
6. Dallas
7. Atlanta
8. San Diego
9. Washington
10. Cincinnati
11. Philadelphia
12. Houston
13. NYJ
14. Carolina
15. Kansas City

Those are the TE situations I'd take over what KC has.

I'd put Denver 16th btw.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Vailpass, do you care to maybe, oh, I don't know... talk football? Why not participate in the spirit of these threads by talking about the other TE groups in the NFL? Rather, if you think it's insane that the Chiefs could conceivably be in the top 10 in terms of TE groups, why not start by listing 10 teams whose TEs are better?

Here, I'll even help get you started. The following teams (in no particular order) have better TEs than the Chiefs:

1. New England
2. Green Bay
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. San Diego
6. Detroit
7. San Francisco

See? Look at that. All you need is three more teams and voila! You're actually participating in the football conversation! Isn't that lovely?

Or... you could sit there, masturbate, and pleasure your lowest human instinct by trolling. It's up to you. It's a free country and all. I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do with your life.

Daboll & Crennell & Cassell....OH MY!

whoman69
06-26-2012, 03:18 PM
What makes you think he is behind the other two?

Quotes at the beginning of workouts. The fact that Berry and Charles have done more drills while Moeaki has been held out of practices entirely. The other two took part in more of the OTAs and have been quoted as saying they will be ready for the season. I hear nothing about or from Moeaki.

aturnis
06-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Quotes at the beginning of workouts. The fact that Berry and Charles have done more drills while Moeaki has been held out of practices entirely. The other two took part in more of the OTAs and have been quoted as saying they will be ready for the season. I hear nothing about or from Moeaki.

No, none of them participated in anything. They stood on the sidelines and went to the the classroom

BossChief
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Heres what we said...First of all, as we all know, it's the Patriots and then it's everybody else.

If Moeaki can stay healthy, we have a top ten TE corps.

Easily.
Simple enough to understand for those that are privy to the English language...or at least one would think so.

Then, this...

I figured he probably just misread our statements, so I figured I'd repeat it for clarification.

It's like saying Denver has one of the best quarterback situations in the NFL.then, this...

I figured he was just trolling, but I should probably repeat myself just in case he was just temp retarded.

Donk fans get like that.

If your problem was bringing up Peyton Christ...remember his age, broken neck and that he missed over a full year.Shit, I even threw in the PM comment to put things into perspective, being he missed the last year of football DUE TO A BROKEN NECK AND NERVE ISSUES....ISSUES THE COLTS THOUGHT WOULDN'T IMPROVE TO THE POINT WHERE HIS PLAY WOULD RETURN TO FORM...THUS RELEASING HIM.

then, the obvious trolling continued...

Still...

There is blood here
and I have eaten it.
O mother of the womb,
O little mother,
I am in my own mind.

-Ann Sexton

A bit much for you? Figures. It's from "For The Year of the Insane" if that helps you understand my point.

KC has middle-of-the road Boss who looked like shit last year and ended up with a concussion.
Brokeaki is Brokeaki. I like Tony a lot but he is made of glass, if he even sees the field this year it won't be for long.

Like I said, I get that this is your place to be a homer and the offseason is when your dreams can still come true.

So, either somebody that likes the Broncos needs a refresher course on the basics of the English language...or is just a really weak troller.

BossChief
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM
No, none of them participated in anything. They stood on the sidelines and went to the the classroom

Thats what I thought.

Id also like to add that anybody thinking Moeaki is gonna say anything about anything is exercising futility because Tony is one of the most quiet players you will ever see.

aturnis
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Moeaki, being a TE, is the most likely of the three to return to form this season. The stress on his knees from cuts is MUCH less than either Berry or Charles. Not only that, but he's had the most time to recover.

BossChief
06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Moeaki, being a TE, is the most likely of the three to return to form this season. The stress on his knees from cuts is MUCH less than either Berry or Charles. Not only that, but he's had the most time to recover.

Your hawkye is showing.

aturnis
06-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Your hawkye is showing.

Dude, it has absolutely nothing to do with Morality, and everything to do with his position. However, I will admit that given his history, I still worry. If he doesn't make it back on time, something is wrong.

BossChief
06-27-2012, 11:02 PM
He is fully cleared already.

He will participate in camp from day 1.

My comment was in response to saying TM has the best chance of full recovery without acknowledging the past injury history of the three players and taking them into account.

buddha
06-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Until Moeaki can play one healthy season, he is just this side of worthless.

BossChief
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM

:spock:

Messier
06-27-2012, 11:51 PM

He played one healthy season.

Easy 6
06-28-2012, 03:55 PM
On paper, the potential... top ten.

Until we know more, the reality is iffy.

whoman69
06-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Beg to differ. Pictures included.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259798&highlight=stanzi

Moeaki just catching balls in place, while Charles is running routes. Moeaki also looks to have more protection on his legs.

aturnis
06-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Beg to differ. Pictures included.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259798&highlight=stanzi

Moeaki just catching balls in place, while Charles is running routes. Moeaki also looks to have more protection on his legs.

Duh. Is this another photo analysis session? So b/c the pictures of Moeaki are one of him waiting in line to take part in the drill, and another of him playing catch it seems, that means he's WAY behind. The cripples might has done some things before, after practice while waiting and standing around, but they didn't participate in drills.

Also, that's not protection, it's a compression sleeve.

RealSNR
06-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Duh. Is this another photo analysis session? So b/c the pictures of Moeaki are one of him waiting in line to take part in the drill, and another of him playing catch it seems, that means he's WAY behind. The cripples might has done some things before, after practice while waiting and standing around, but they didn't participate in drills.

Also, that's not protection, it's a compression sleeve.It's a carrying case for a portable IV. Moeaki has terminal cancer. He'll be out for the rest of his career.

aturnis
06-28-2012, 08:02 PM
:(It's a carrying case for a portable IV. Moeaki has terminal cancer. He'll be out for the rest of his career.

LMAO