PDA

View Full Version : Life July 4th, Don't forget about those who protect it.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I know most of you have seen this video, and I really don't care if people are tired of seeing it. We need to remember those who are daily putting their lives in risk for us. We need to remember those who have served and are serving. Without them this Country wouldn't have the freedoms it does. For every CP member who has served or is serving, from the bottom of my heart I thank you!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKFMfRIcClY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKFMfRIcClY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 11:47 AM
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
~John F. Kennedy

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree. ~Thomas Campbell

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Too bad Obama is such a communist

OFF TO DC!!!!!!

Donger
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM

OFF TO DC!!!!!!

:spock:

Celebrating the date of our country's independence is political?

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:08 PM

OFF TO DC!!!!!!

Don't be a tool.

cdcox
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll take a moment to remember the contributions of marketing researchers, as they are so often forgotten.

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
:spock:

Celebrating the date of our country's independence is political?I prefer to think of it as the anniversary of when we said, "Fuck you" to George III

Donger
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I prefer to think of it as the anniversary of when we said, "**** you" to George III

Same thing.

Dave Lane
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Don't we have memorial day and veterans day for the veneration of our troops?

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
This thread again? LMAO

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Don't we have memorial day and veterans day for the veneration of our troops?And on Christmas, Thanksgiving, NFL Draft day, the Super Bowl, Presidents Day, Election Day, September 11th...

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
This thread again? LMAO

And on Christmas, Thanksgiving, NFL Draft day, the Super Bowl, Presidents Day, Election Day, September 11th...

I'm sorry respecting and remembering the troops is such a terrible thing for both of you.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I thank the troops, remember my fellow veterans, and reflect upon the history of the day.

But this year, I'll mainly be celebrating air conditioning.

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
I never said it was a terrible thing, dude. I made a harmless joke in the first post. That's all I said. Sheesh. Calm down.

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry respecting and remembering the troops is such a terrible thing for both of you.

The more you do it, the less meaning it has.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of these threads. Worship of one's country can go too far. We all pay taxes, that's plenty obeisance.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
I never said it was a terrible thing, dude. I made a harmless joke in the first post. That's all I said. Sheesh. Calm down.

I'm not mad, I guess I get frustrated easily in regards to things like this. I live in an area where it seems we have been over run by Somalians who hate our country and it kills me. Last week I had a Somolian who said he would not come into our shop because of our American flag hanging over the door.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:28 PM

I don't even get why you have to poke your head in these types of threads.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I thank the troops, remember my fellow veterans, and reflect upon the history of the day.

But this year, I'll mainly be celebrating air conditioning.

I feel you on that :thumb:

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't even get why you have to poke your head in these types of threads.

Because it's a free country. Ain't it great. I'm just exercising my constitutional rights.

Celebrate my freedom, bitch.

Saulbadguy
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
We already have 5 or 6 of these stupid holidays where we are supposed to feign patriotism. Fuck off.

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm not mad, I guess I get frustrated easily in regards to things like this. I live in an area where it seems we have been over run by Somalians who hate our country and it kills me. Last week I had a Somolian who said he would not come into our shop because of our American flag hanging over the door.People fought for his right to voice his opinion about your store. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's what makes this country so great.

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
~John F. Kennedy

And then Marilyn choked on it.

AMERICA!

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
We already have 5 or 6 of these stupid holidays where we are supposed to feign patriotism. **** off.

Classy.

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Don't forget - free slushies for ALL Marines.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
People fought for his right to voice his opinion about your store. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's what makes this country so great.

The first part of your sentence is true, and I understand that. The second part of your sentence I will have to agree to disagree.

RealSNR
07-03-2012, 12:35 PM
And then Marilyn choked on it.

AMERICA!
Hey now I may not agree with your decision to denigrate the memory of Marilyn Monroe that way, but I'll defend to the death your right to do so

Nzoner
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm doing 10% off for all military at Pyro Joe's and have seen a fair amount of business from it.It's not much but all of them have thanked me much for at least thinking of them and I sincerely reply,"it's the least I can do."

El Jefe
Hey now I may not agree with your decision to denigrate the memory of Marilyn Monroe that way, but I'll defend to the death your right to do so

Passive aggressive, nothing like being a juvenille.

Saulbadguy
I'm not mad, I guess I get frustrated easily in regards to things like this. I live in an area where it seems we have been over run by Somalians who hate our country and it kills me. Last week I had a Somolian who said he would not come into our shop because of our American flag hanging over the door.

I hang a Somalian flag in my shop. Guess what? Somalian customers as far as the eye can see.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:37 PM
I hang a Somalian flag in my shop. Guess what? Somalian customers as far as the eye can see.

Good, I'm glad business is good for you.

Donger
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
People fought for his right to voice his opinion about your store. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's what makes this country so great.

If this was a naturalized US citizen, I'd say that the oath he took was taken with a few fingers crossed.

Donger
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm doing 10% off for all military at Pyro Joe's and have seen a fair amount of business from it.It's not much but all of them have thanked me much for at least thinking of them and I sincerely reply,"it's the least I can do."

I payed for the lunches of a group of army troops at the airport a few weeks ago. I asked the waitress to give me the bill and she asked if I wanted them to know who did it. I told her no and when their bill came, she told them that someone picked up their bill. Then, the group of drunken, obnoxious women next to me, said, "He did it! He did it!" and pointed at me.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I payed for the lunches of a group of army troops at the airport a few weeks ago. I asked the waitress to give me the bill and she asked if I wanted them to know who did it. I told her no and when their bill came, she told them that someone picked up their bill. Then, the group of drunken, obnoxious women next to me, said, "He did it! He did it!" and pointed at me.

:thumb: Awesome

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I payed for the lunches of a group of army troops at the airport a few weeks ago.

Did they get any free slushies?

Nzoner
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Quite frankly, I'm sick of these threads. Worship of one's country can go too far. We all pay taxes, that's plenty obeisance.

Spoken like a true Jehova's Witness,my niece married a JW and I'll never forget her telling me she could no longer stand during nor sing the national anthem because it was considered worship of something other than Jehova.:spock:

Nzoner
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Nice of you to do so. :thumb:

Discuss Thrower
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Well, to be fair to the drunk women, the troops should've figured out it was you picking up the tab with you wearing a top hat, monocle, sporting a cane and constantly looking at your gold and platinum pocket watch and chain.

Donger
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Well, to be fair to the drunk women, the troops should've figured out it was you picking up the tab with you wearing a top hat, monocle, sporting a cane and constantly looking at your gold and platinum pocket watch and chain.

I don't wear such attire when I travel commercially with the vulgar masses. I try to blend in, so I wear "jeans" and a "T-shirt."

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't wear such attire when I travel commercially with the vulgar masses. I try to blend in, so I wear "jeans" and a "T-shirt."

:LOL:

Hammock Parties
07-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Spoken like a true Jehova's Witness,my niece married a JW and I'll never forget her telling me she could no longer stand during nor sing the national anthem because it was considered worship of something other than Jehova.:spock:

It's a belief that has plenty of merit, regardless of the source.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 12:56 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

CoMoChief
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Sorry but the troops in recent years don't protect our freedoms. They protect the interests of the bankers. plain and simple.

WhiteWhale
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM

Why don't you research what our country (along with western europe) has done to their home and you might understand why.

I mean between the theft of resources and the dumping of our toxic waste, I can see why they might not take a fancy to the US or the western world in general.

Donger
07-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Why don't you research what our country (along with western europe) has done to their home and you might understand why.

I mean between the theft of resources and the dumping of our toxic waste, I can see why they might not take a fancy to the US or the western world in general.

Well, considering that they immigrated here, they can't really complain too much.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Well, considering that they immigrated here, they can't really complain too much.

Pretty much this.

listopencil
07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
People fought for his right to voice his opinion about your store. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's what makes this country so great.[/QUOTE]

[quote]The first part of your sentence is true, and I understand that. The second part of your sentence I will have to agree to disagree.

One the greatest things about our flag is that it symbolizes your right to burn it on the ground if you so choose.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 01:35 PM

One the greatest things about our flag is that it symbolizes your right to burn it on the ground if you so choose.

I'm aware of that, that is why I said I agreed with him.

LVNHACK
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Sorry but the troops in recent years don't protect our freedoms. They protect the interests of the bankers. plain and simple.

The troops don't make those decisions.....the politicians do

vailpass
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM

What won't you say for attention?

listopencil
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM

I'm aware of that, that is why I said I agreed with him.

...and one of the greatest things about our country is that she will live on through the flag burners, the self-loathing malcontents and the near sighted haters because she has those who will defend her. Where do you live?

vailpass
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
The troops don't make those decisions.....the politicians do

Truth. Vietnam anyone?

Fish
07-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Most of the veterans I know these days have grown to despise the constant need for respect that some people feel are necessary to dump on the troops. The last stranger in uniform that I thanked for his service told me to shove it up my ass because he was sick of people feeling like they had to bend over backwards to acknowledge him.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Most of the veterans I know these days have grown to despise the constant need for respect that some people feel are necessary to dump on the troops. The last stranger in uniform that I thanked for his service told me to shove it up my ass because he was sick of people feeling like they had to bend over backwards to acknowledge him.

Interesting, I have NEVER ran into that, and I have a ton of veterans and current serving members in my family and friend circle.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Interesting, I have NEVER ran into that, and I have a ton of veterans and current serving members in my family and friend circle.

Having a bad day and veteran are far from mutually exclusive.
Same with asshole.

El Jefe
07-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Having a bad day and veteran are far from mutually exclusive.
Same with asshole.

Good post