PDA

View Full Version : Life Beaches

Darien25
07-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Looking for beach recommendations in the northern half of Florida. I am familiar with all of the hotspots in the southern region but really don't know where to find a nice, family friendly spot topside. I've got three teenage boys so somewhere with boardwalk activities would probably be a plus.

Also considering Myrtle Beach but don't know anything about this area. Any recommendations appreciated. So where is your hotspot or hidden gem?

TimeForWasp
07-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Panama city beach

threebag
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Bette Midler

Darien25
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Bette Midler

I don't think I want to go there.

threebag
07-09-2012, 12:41 AM
I hear the surf is real wet.

ThaVirus
07-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Any beach near Clearwater is always nice.

BigMeatballDave
07-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Any beach near Clearwater is always nice.

This.

I've only been there once, but it was nice.

Hammock Parties
07-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Looking for bitch recommendations in the northern half of Florida. I am familiar with all of the hotties in the southern region but really don't know where to find a nice, family friendly spot topside. I've got three teenage boys so somewhere with boardwalk activities would probably be a plus.

Also considering bitches named Myrtle but don't know anything about this area. Any recommendations appreciated. So where is your hotspot or hidden gem?

Jenson71
07-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Looking for bitch recommendations in the northern half of Florida. I am familiar with all of the hotties in the southern region but really don't know where to find a nice, family friendly spot topside. I've got three teenage boys so somewhere with boardwalk activities would probably be a plus.

Also considering bitches named Myrtle but don't know anything about this area. Any recommendations appreciated. So where is your hotspot or hidden gem?

Once again, Bette Midler.

NewChief
07-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Atlantic or Gulf side?

On the Gulf, I'm very partial to the 30A area (http://30a.com/). Santa Rosa, Grayton, Seaside, Sea Grove, etc...

Teenage boys might like Destin, but it's too crowded for my tastes.

DaKCMan AP
07-09-2012, 05:29 AM
Gulf side >>>> Atlantic side when it comes to beaches. I grew up in South Florida on the Atlantic side and now reside in the Tampa Bay area. The gulf beaches are much nicer and cleaner.

I hear Destin and Pensacola area are nice, but haven't been. The beaches here in Clearwater (there are many of them) are great and Sarasota is also gorgeous and not as crowded.

Plus, if you choose Clearwater you can take a day or two and go to Busch Gardens.

MIAdragon
07-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Gulf side >>>> Atlantic side when it comes to beaches. I grew up in South Florida on the Atlantic side and now reside in the Tampa Bay area. The gulf beaches are much nicer and cleaner.

I hear Destin and Pensacola area are nice, but haven't been. The beaches here in Clearwater (there are many of them) are great and Sarasota is also gorgeous and not as crowded.

Plus, if you choose Clearwater you can take a day or two and go to Busch Gardens.

I disagree, the gulf side is more like a lake beach than an ocean beach. Ill give you they may be cleaner but, at least in south FL the Atlantic side IMO are nicer.

ThaVirus
07-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Uh oh. Floridian fight!

LOCOChief
07-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Looking for beach recommendations in the northern half of Florida. I am familiar with all of the hotspots in the southern region but really don't know where to find a nice, family friendly spot topside. I've got three teenage boys so somewhere with boardwalk activities would probably be a plus.

Also considering Myrtle Beach but don't know anything about this area. Any recommendations appreciated. So where is your hotspot or hidden gem?

Fort Walton, Destin. That's where all the fish are now as well.

Myrtle beach is hotter, but more to do for the teens. The food at Myrtle beach cannot be beat.

Chief Gump
07-09-2012, 07:33 AM
That movie sucked.

LOCOChief
07-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I disagree, the gulf side is more like a lake beach than an ocean beach. Ill give you they may be cleaner but, at least in south FL the Atlantic side IMO are nicer.

That's why all you east coast people invade my little gulf town when you take your vacations?

qabbaan
07-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Saint Augustine. Seriously.

MIAdragon
07-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Uh oh. Floridian fight!

shut it you landlubber.

MIAdragon
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
That's why all you east coast people invade my little gulf town when you take your vacations?

No its to get away from the dickbag people over here. Its not because your beach is better. :)

philfree
07-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Panama city beach

That's a great beach. Not much in the way of surf but the beach is beautiful with white sand that doesn't have alot of shell in it. You won't find a prettier beach. Entertainment for young boys? Parasailing and jet ski's on the beach and there's some amusement park type of stuff. Go Karts and mini golf. Real golf too of course.

My brother has been going to St George Island the last few trips he's made to FL. More private. He and his son and son's friends had a good time fishing and caught some sharks. They could get out of the boat and pick up oysters off the bottom of the ocean. Best Oysters in the world come from pretty much right there. Appalachacola.(sp?)

QuikSsurfer
07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Navarre Beach

http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/navarre-beach-pier.jpg

ZepSinger
07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Not Florida, but just west of Pensacola about 100 miles if you don't mind the drive. There may be nicer, but since we're planning on moving here (Biloxi MS) in a couple years, here's a lil' video I took when we were there a couple of months ago to hopefully get you into the sun & surf spirit of things:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tZiYVsd06yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QuikSsurfer
07-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Not Florida, but just west of Pensacola about 100 miles if you don't mind the drive. There may be nicer, but since we're planning on moving here (Biloxi MS) in a couple years, here's a lil' video I took when we were there a couple of months ago to hopefully get you into the sun & surf spirit of things:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tZiYVsd06yg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great... now I get to read people bashing my state...

You know Biloxi/Gulf beaches don't compare to what's on the Atlantic side.
Biloxi is fun and a cool area - but not for its clear water and beautiful beaches.

ZepSinger
07-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Navarre Beach

http://www.wanderlustwonder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/navarre-beach-pier.jpg

Been here and loved it. Excellent choice....:thumb:

Bewbies
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
30A area is awesome. Seaside is the town where they filmed The Truman Show. Super laid back, not as much for kids to do there though.

QuikSsurfer
07-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Been here and loved it. Excellent choice....:thumb:

Definitely my go to beach in the Northern part of the state. Love fishing off that monster pier and the water is gorgeous.
Me and my family (Mothers side) visit Navarre every year. When with my dad (he lives in Orlando area - Apopka) - we go straight to Cocoa Beach and then to Sebastian Inlet for some good surf.

DaKCMan AP
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM

The Atlantic beaches in South FL are more crowded and both the water and sand are much dirtier. The gulf is definitely calmer, but I wouldn't call it a lake or a lake beach.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/079/1/9/Clearwater_Beach_1_by_NADRIIANA.jpg

tooge
07-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Atlantic or Gulf side?

On the Gulf, I'm very partial to the 30A area (http://30a.com/). Santa Rosa, Grayton, Seaside, Sea Grove, etc...

Teenage boys might like Destin, but it's too crowded for my tastes.

This. Grayton beach, seaside, santa rosa are all places we go every spring. Incredible sand, great seafood restaurants, and crystal clear water.

Bewbies
07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
South Beach is topless, which makes it the best beach in America.

Setsuna
07-09-2012, 10:56 AM
If anything go Gulf side. Atlantic side just sucks up here.

Just Passin' By
07-09-2012, 11:20 AM
You might want to start with this, to see what's in your driving range:

http://goflorida.about.com/od/beache1/a/beach_top2011.htm